Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If he was trying to keep them in that home then he wouldn't have put in the clause that Luann could sell it and use the proceeds to buy a new family home. I think he knew she could not afford the upkeep on that house on her own, which meant that he should have just sold the house there and then and given her half to start her new life without him and the place the rest into a trust for the kids. I suspect that he didn't want the responsibility to sell the house or actually set up the trust himself. I see Alex as the type of man that prefers everyone else do the work while he takes credit for it. LOL

Hadn't Alex left the country? He really should have set up the trust when they hammered out the divorce settlement. I guess Alex was really in a hurry to get outta there and didn't properly advise his lawyer. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Hadn't Alex left the country? He really should have set up the trust when they hammered out the divorce settlement. I guess Alex was really in a hurry to get outta there and didn't properly advise his lawyer. 

He could have sold the home while he was outside of the US as well. He didn't need to be here until the house was sold and only long enough to sign the legal paperwork required when it did sell. I agree, he should have set the trust up before he left.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

He could have sold the home while he was outside of the US as well. He didn't need to be here until the house was sold and only long enough to sign the legal paperwork required when it did sell. I agree, he should have set the trust up before he left.

There are tax implications for selling a house particularly when you are not rolling those proceeds into a primary residence. It would be the most financial beneficial for him to do exactly what he did do and he wouldn’t have to deal with the hassle of having the house on the market. The bottom line is that LuAnn signed an agreement saying she would do something and she didn’t do it. The only person who appears to be to blame is Lu, not Alex or r kids.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 7/13/2018 at 6:07 PM, AnnA said:

Maybe she figured the kids would inherit whatever she had anyway so it didn't matter if they had a trust owning half of her home or not.  She screwed up but so did the Count.  He should had made sure all this was settled when they signed the divorce papers.

Or, maybe the Count trusted his kids mother to do the right thing by her kids.  I don't see how her ex husband is at all to blame here. He tried to do a nice thing for his kids and their mother again thought only if herself.  I sincerely don't see how any of this is the count or the kids fault. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 13
(edited)
44 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If he was trying to keep them in that home then he wouldn't have put in the clause that Luann could sell it and use the proceeds to buy a new family home. 

I'm not saying he meant to lock her into owning the Hamptons house forever. Just make it possible for her to stay there with the kids until the kids were out of school and on their own, which is what I think basically happened, right?  The plan seemed to be for her to be able to sell at that point if she chose to, keep half the money and put the other half in the trust.  But she kept it all, bought another house, still no trust, no name on the deed, and they finally decided enough was enough when she announced her intention to move to house # 3. Can't say I blame 'em. 

33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

People do dumb shit like that when they are hot and heavy with someone else and can't wait to get the divorce done.  It's usually a LOL moment because it serves them right, but this time it's the kids who got burned.  Shameful. 

So this trust was supposed to be set up how many years ago? You know the kids must have been wondering why Mommy wasn't getting it done.  Alex must have been riding her ass about it.  And then she married that loser, exposing herself - and the kids, whose money she was sitting on - to all kinds of risk.  Alex must have flipped. I'm surprised it took this long for him to decide to sue (I seriously doubt the idea of a lawsuit originated with the children). 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

There are tax implications for selling a house particularly when you are not rolling those proceeds into a primary residence. It would be the most financial beneficial for him to do exactly what he did do and he wouldn’t have to deal with the hassle of having the house on the market. The bottom line is that LuAnn signed an agreement saying she would do something and she didn’t do it. The only person who appears to be to blame is Lu, not Alex or r kids.

Well, she did and she didn't do it. Alex also stipulated that she could use the money from the sale of the marital home to buy a new family home, which she did, She was supposed to put the kids names on the deed/title but couldn't put either kids name on it as they were both minors at the time, I thought only Noel was a minor but found out Victoria was as well at the time she bought the Sag Harbor house in 2013. So, she should have done it, put their names on the deed, when Noel turned 18 but I an sure that would have cost a bit of money to do but nonetheless, shame on Luann for not doing it then. Or, at the very least, using some of the money from the sale of the marital home to start their trust. 

• Love 1

She could have set up the trust and deed 1/2 the Bridgehampton or Sag Harbor house to the trust  even though both the children were minors. She didn’t do any off these very somple things that she agreed to do. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm not saying he meant to lock her into owning the Hamptons house forever. Just make it possible for her to stay there with the kids until the kids were out of school and on their own, which is what I think basically happened, right?  The plan seemed to be for her to be able to sell at that point if she chose to, keep half the money and put the other half in the trust.  But she kept it all, bought another house, still no trust, and they finally decided enough was enough when she announced her intention to move to house # 3. Can't say I blame 'em. 

People do dumb shit like that when they are hot and heavy with someone else and can't wait to get the divorce done.  It's usually a LOL moment because it serves them right, but this time it's the kids who got burned.  Shameful. 

So this trust was supposed to be set up how many years ago? You know the kids must have been wondering why Mommy wasn't getting it done.  Alex must have been riding her ass about it.  And then she married that loser, exposing herself - and the kids, whose money she was sitting on - to all kinds of risk.  Alex must have flipped. I'm surprised it took this long for him to decide to sue (I seriously doubt the idea of a lawsuit originated with the children). 

No, I just checked, even Victoria was still a minor when she sold the marital home and bought the Sag Harbor home in 2013. I really think he knew she could afford the upkeep/taxes on that house by herself and put that clause in about putting them on the title. Again, if age isn't an issue, he would have put their names on the house before her gave 1/2 of it to Luann. Understand, I don't think Luann is a victim here or that she is without fault either, I place blame on both Luann and Alex for creating this mess. It took both of them not doing what they should have done right away to get to this place. 

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

She could have set up the trust and deed 1/2 the Bridgehampton or Sag Harbor house to the trust  even though both the children were minors. She didn’t do any off these very somple things that she agreed to do. 

He could have done the same dam thing with the marital home as well. Both Luann and Alex F'ed up and did wrong by their kids.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

He could have done the same dam thing with the marital home as well. Both Luann and Alex F'ed up and did wrong by their kids.

But that wasn’t the deal that was made so the point is moot. Lu has always stated the divorce was amicable, so why would he think his wife of 15 plus years would not live up to a legal agreement that benefited her children.

we also have no idea about who requested that she be the one to set up the trust/deed arrangements she might have demanded it so she would have more on hand to buy her new home. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

I think she could have put Noel and Victoria on the deed of the Sag Harbor home as a trust.  Yes, she would be the executor of the trust but it seems that this was the stipulation in the divorce.  She didn't do that.  Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't a trust set up for Beth's condo?  And wasn't Bryn on that trust?

It also seems from the lawsuit that a big deal was made out of Lu taking out a mortgage that was more than half of the value of the SH house.  

In the end, there's a lot we don't know.  Like if there was a mortgage on the marital home.  We don't know the 'true' proceed profit from that home.  We don't know the amount of money that is involved here.  Yep.  Lu was absolutely wrong for not setting up a trust.  At the same time, the count was a bit lazy in this as well.  We also don't know if 'everything' in the lawsuit is fact.  There didn't seem to be any objection when Lu bought the SH house or question on how that was set up.  

And heck, the count wanted his princess so he wasn't all that concerned.   

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But that wasn’t the deal that was made so the point is moot. Lu has always stated the divorce was amicable, so why would he think his wife of 15 plus years would not live up to a legal agreement that benefited her children.

we also have no idea about who requested that she be the one to set up the trust/deed arrangements she might have demanded it so she would have more on hand to buy her new home. 

True, she may have asked to be the one to do it. Luann also stated that they didn't have an "open" marriage as well, I think it is Luann that tried to keep things amicable between them for the kids sake and as long as he wasn't required to do much, he was fine with it. But, he ran from her as fast as he could, so...…. Again, we have no idea why she hasn't done it yet (shame on her though) but maybe she planned on doing it with the sale of the Sag Harbor home now that both kids are adults, out of college and on their own (I still suspect she/Alex are paying their living expenses). I at least what to hear her side of this before I say she was THE one in the wrong and that Alex had no responsibility in how this became so mucked up. But, that's me and I get that.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I place blame on both Luann and Alex for creating this mess. It took both of them not doing what they should have done right away to get to this place. 

Alex is guilty of making a couple of mistakes ... the first being he set up a financial arrangement that wasn't foolproof. His second - and major - mistake was that he trusted Luann. 

Luann appears to be guilty of willfuly holding onto (if not outright stealing) money that is the rightful property of her own children. 

I can't even mention what Alex did in the same breath as talking about Luann's misdeeds. There is no comparison for me. He was dumb. She is ... ugh. If she really did what it looks like, is calling her evil too much? 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Alex is guilty of making a couple of mistakes ... the first being he set up a financial arrangement that wasn't foolproof. His second - and major - mistake was that he trusted Luann. 

Luann appears to be guilty of willfuly holding onto (if not outright stealing) money that is the rightful property of her own children. 

I can't even mention what Alex did in the same breath as talking about Luann's misdeeds. There is no comparison for me. He was dumb. She is ... ugh. If she really did what it looks like, is calling her evil too much? 

If she did it, then Yes, it is evil but the problem is we just don't have all the facts, the if here is an IF ! IMO  LOL

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

she really did what it looks like, is calling her evil too much? 

At the very least immoral and greedy if the accusations are accurate.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

I guess the thing to keep in mind is that, yes, she should have set up the trust.  Did she 'steal' from her kids?  We don't know because we don't know the money situation and how much her kids would get when the money is to be turned over to them.

• Love 3

Even if she and Alex are paying their living expenses now, it doesn't erase her obligation to put the house into the trust in the past.  She failed to do so and can't really mitigate that by saying, but I've given them x, y and z instead.  It would be like if Sonja's ex was supposed to pay for boarding school for their kid per their divorce decree and instead said, but, I bought her a car that was the same price as the tuition, so I still spent the same amount.  It doesn't work that way.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, smores said:

Even if she and Alex are paying their living expenses now, it doesn't erase her obligation to put the house into the trust in the past.  She failed to do so and can't really mitigate that by saying, but I've given them x, y and z instead.  It would be like if Sonja's ex was supposed to pay for boarding school for their kid per their divorce decree and instead said, but, I bought her a car that was the same price as the tuition, so I still spent the same amount.  It doesn't work that way.

Yes and No, it could lessen the amount of cash needed to be put in a trust now. 

• Love 1

It can't.  You can't mitigate a past obligation by saying that you did something else instead.  She agreed to put half of the house into either their names or a trust.  She didn't do that.  She can't come back and say that she spent an equivalent amount of money on them, so therefore she no longer has to.  A judge will tell her she hasn't fulfilled her obligation that she agreed to and that she simply made a choice to support her children the way she did, but that it didn't waive her obligation to the divorce decree she agreed to.  

• Love 16
(edited)

I agree. Luann (arguably) might have been able to draw from a trust for certain expenses of her children had she bothered to create one.  But I doubt she can claim itemized deductions after the fact to defend herself from having  to repay the full amount she owes those kids. Courts are loathe to engage in making calculations based on such minutiae for obvious reason. They are not going to add up the amount of every movie ticket and box of popcorn she paid for and deduct it from the millions she owes those kids. If she didn't want to pay for those things herself, she should have set up a trust like she agreed to and maybe she could have paid for stuff using those funds.  It's too late to backdate the bills now!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 5

I wonder if Lu received any other money in the divorce settlement.  If not, she only received half the value of the house, or $4 million.  It's not a lot of money for someone who likes to live in her style, especially considering she needed to buy or rent another property.  No wonder she couldn't afford an apartment in the city.  It might also explain the desperate need to marry Tom.  

I'm not excusing her actions, just commenting.    

• Love 6
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

If she did it, then Yes, it is evil but the problem is we just don't have all the facts, the if here is an IF ! IMO  LOL

Still holding out hope... lol...

btw, I don’t think she did it with malicious intentions toward her kids. I think it was a careless act. “I’ll find the money to fund the trust before 2026.” BUT, how is she going to really do that? I hope she can. I hope she can do it fast. And, IF she was careless with the kids’ cash, then the gloves are off. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Still holding out hope... lol...

btw, I don’t think she did it with malicious intentions toward her kids. I think it was a careless act. “I’ll find the money to fund the trust before 2026.” BUT, how is she going to really do that? I hope she can. I hope she can do it fast. And, IF she was careless with the kids’ cash, then the gloves are off. 

A lot depends on what the divorce decree actually said. If it didn’t give a deadline for the trust to be established then hard to hold her to setting it up.  She can argue that the trust was to be passed at her death.  It really could be as simple as they want a house in the Hamptons for the weekends and not a house in the Catskills on the rolling Hudson River.  What the lawsuit does is just make life ugly for the family. 

• Love 2

@QuinnM Unfortunately, the trust is set to pass to the kids when Noel turns 30, (it’s in the agreement) and, from what I understand, the trust was supposed to be funded when the marital home sold- also in the agreement. We have seen this from the supporting docs of the lawsuit. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

Unfortunately, the trust is set to pass to the kids when Noel turns 30, (it’s in the agreement) and, from what I understand, the trust was supposed to be funded when the marital home sold- also in the agreement. We have seen this from the supporting docs of the lawsuit. 

Well that is unfortunate.  Unless she found a loop hole or she was hoping her kids would let it slide ‘for now’ it’s a mess.  This leads me to wonder why she settled for so little from the Count.  He was the one that wanted to remarry.  She appeared fine just messing around.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Well that is unfortunate.  Unless she found a loop hole or she was hoping her kids would let it slide ‘for now’ it’s a mess.  This leads me to wonder why she settled for so little from the Count.  He was the one that wanted to remarry.  She appeared fine just messing around.

I agree, she settled for very little it seems.  In her social circles and geographic area, four million without a residence is peanuts.  Maybe the count is cash poor.  

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Since we only have docs that relate to the house and the trust that relates to it, we don’t know what else she got. We don’t know about spousal or child support. We don’t know about other cash settlements between her and the Count.  We don’t know what the pre-nup said. Based on the fact that Lu didn’t immediately get an apartment in NYC (and we see her shopping and being shocked at the prices), I don’t THINK she got a ton. 

I’m willing to bet big money ($10) that the kids have another primary trust that they are currently drawing from. I also think he HAD to have paid child support to Lu while the kids were still minors. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

@QuinnM Unfortunately, the trust is set to pass to the kids when Noel turns 30, (it’s in the agreement) and, from what I understand, the trust was supposed to be funded when the marital home sold- also in the agreement. We have seen this from the supporting docs of the lawsuit. 

Or she could have added them to deed of the Sag Harbor home.  That's the very careless wording in the divorce decree. Had either party been thinking, the trust would've been established at that time of their divorce and Alex would've transferred his interest to that trust.

I get that the kids are concerned about their financial interests moving forward. However, this type of family lawsuit rarely ends well, especially when both parents seem inordinately ruled by their libidos.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I’m willing to bet big money ($10) that the kids have another primary trust that they are currently drawing from. I also think he HAD to have paid child support to Lu while the kids were still minors. 

And what if that trust is managed by their father and he just gutted it?  And he said to his kids, what?  It’s mine.  Get your money from your mother.  She has millions in a trust for you.  These things always seem to have another layer to them.  One of my friends discovered that her divorced father had no money left in her college fund.  She was fortunate because in the divorce decree the only way her mother would sign for her ex to manage the grandfathers ‘college trust’ was if he signed that all his assets were colateral for tuition/expenses up to X dollars a year.  So my college roommate sued her father and took his car collection.  Didn’t make for happy family but she felt completely justified.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

And what if that trust is managed by their father and he just gutted it?  And he said to his kids, what?  It’s mine.  Get your money from your mother.  She has millions in a trust for you.  These things always seem to have another layer to them.  One of my friends discovered that her divorced father had no money left in her college fund.  She was fortunate because in the divorce decree the only way her mother would sign for her ex to manage the grandfathers ‘college trust’ was if he signed that all his assets were colateral for tuition/expenses up to X dollars a year.  So my college roommate sued her father and took his car collection.  Didn’t make for happy family but she felt completely justified.

Anything is possible, but if something like that had already happened, I think we’d know. Lu would have sued on the kids’ behalf in a NY minute, IMO. (I don’t hate Lu, and I’m trying to find silver linings for her until we know all of the facts.) 

But, Noel lives in a loft in NYC- that’s not cheap, and he’s not paying for it by selling his art. He’s getting money from somewhere. Victoria is also an artist. She may be making money, but she’s getting help as well. BTW, I don’t think it’s a bad thing that the kids are set for life... I’m not judging their choices. They don’t HAVE to struggle at the beginning of adulthood like many of us did. I don’t know/care if they are spoiled as a result- not my friends, not my circus, not my monkeys. @SuprSuprElevated

Edited by Taralightner
Added tag
  • Love 8
(edited)
39 minutes ago, weaver said:

I agree, she settled for very little it seems.  In her social circles and geographic area, four million without a residence is peanuts.  Maybe the count is cash poor.  

I don't think we've seen evidence of her proceeds from the divorce, have we?*  I have no reason to believe that $4 mil in real estate was all she got.

*It's a genuine question.  If we have, I missed it.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, weaver said:

12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't think we've seen evidence of her proceeds from the divorce, have we?*  I have no reason to believe that $4 mil in real estate was all she got.

I would love to see what both LuAnne and Sonja received in their divorce settlements.  Either it was peanuts or they've blown through most of it (we know Sonja did with her lawsuit).

I would also like to know what their exes are worth.  Hard to weigh in without all that info. 

Something is up with LuAnne and her kids.  Victoria has been on the show a time or two but not the son and I recall someone sharing a post the son made on Twitter or IG about how the father is a really good man.  It's like the kids have picked sides and they are definitely on the side of the Count.

This is an ugly story.  I can handle boozing, jailbird LuAnne, but taking-from-the-kids LuAnne crosses the line.  She'll be far less entertaining to watch if all is true.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I would love to see what both LuAnne and Sonja received in their divorce settlements.  Either it was peanuts or they've blown through most of it (we know Sonja did with her lawsuit).

I would also like to know what their exes are worth.  Hard to weigh in without all that info. 

Something is up with LuAnne and her kids.  Victoria has been on the show a time or two but not the son and I recall someone sharing a post the son made on Twitter or IG about how the father is a really good man.  It's like the kids have picked sides and they are definitely on the side of the Count.

This is an ugly story.  I can handle boozing, jailbird LuAnne, but taking from the kids LuAnne crosses the line.  She'll be far less entertaining to watch if all is true.

I think the Morgan’s are on a whole different level than any other family on the HWs. Who knows how much old money there is with the DeLessups’. They got the title because of the canal, and they got the honor of presenting the Statue of Liberty to the US, so one could assume that there is old money there. And, while married, Lu never worried about a penny- when shopping Victoria asks how much a dress costs and Lu says, “well that doesn’t matter so much.” So, I’m sure there’s enough money, just don’t know how it compares to the Morgan fortune. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

No, we haven't.  I'd love to know it.   I was just using the evidence of Lu's relative frugality to speculate that she didn't get all that much.  But nobody knows.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, QuinnM said:

You're right, it's very unfortunate that a mother would cheat her own kids this way.  That's the only unfortunate thing I see. 

Poor Luann, she cheated her kids, didn't do what she agreed to do and now she's been caught. How unfortunate. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Exactly.  The kids are third party beneficiaries of the agreement and can sue.  Alex can sue because, if indeed she didn’t create the trust, she’s in violation of their agreement.

Oh Brother.

Free falling.

No parachute.

KFB thoughts on the latest shenanigans:

First, I’m in NY and on July 4th when there was breaking news that some woman was climbing on the Statue of Liberty – my first thought was oh Luann got drunk again and she’s fumbling around up there saying this is part of my Family! Wouldn’t it be a hoot if she decided to put Statue of Liberty pics on slippers claiming it’s her family crest? – the latest Countess Collection venture

The Count is an asshole. I believe he was cheating on Luann as soon they got married. He stuck her in some chalet so that he could go gallivanting around and acting the man whore that he is. He is very much like Kelsey Grammer – he is in love with the idea of love. He probably visited Luann and the kids once in a while but left them to go out in the world to play.

I said it a long time ago – I don’t think the Count gave her much in the divorce. All of his properties are protected under the De Lesseps Trust. The Bridgehampton house was the only thing Luann’s lawyers could sink their teeth into. Even with that – the divorce settlement was to put half the value of that house into a trust for Victoria and Noel. It would have been appraised at that time – so I wonder what the value was when they started divorce proceedings. I would guesstimate $5 million at the time – so all Luann got was 2.5M which is peanuts compared to what he is worth.

I don’t think that it was “he trusted” Luann to set up the trust for the children, I think he just didn’t give a shit. He never attended their functions. I remember him missing Victoria’s equestrian competition and every time he was on screen they were all fawning over him and there seemed to be a certain amount of fear. The things that Luann told:  we have a very loving relationship, he stays in the Hamptons with us when he visits, he wants to walk me down the aisle when I marry Tom – were all made up. I think she tried to maintain a public image of him – because he was paying for the maintenance of the Hamptons house. I wonder when he signed it over. I think he wanted to protect the house so that the kids had somewhere to live and he sure as hell didn’t want custody.

I think both kids have been getting supplemental monies from The Count over the years – such as Noels apartment and Victoria’s apartment. I have a feeling in a more recent visit, The Count said I’m cutting you off now, you have to learn to live as an adult which you should be able to do with the money in the Trust – to which the kids said what trust?

Oh Lu!

giphy.gif

• Love 13

I'll be honest, I don't think much of Count De Lesseps but I don't hold that cynical of an opinion of him.

I mean, what if Luann did get just 2.5 million? I mean, is that so little? If I was just handed 2.5 million I could live on that until I die with careful investing and I am younger than Luann. Yes. yes, she lives in NYC. It's called moving and many people do it and there's tons of articles written about how moving to a less costly area helps preserve one's money. What, the job on the show? Well, she made her choice.

However much Alex is or isn't an asshole (I think he's an asshole), is he the one violating the terms of the divorce? Are the kids being selfish little douches? Maybe.... but so far the only one who seems to be doing something wrong is Luann.

And she's not exactly not an asshole, herself

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I'll be honest, I don't think much of Count De Lesseps but I don't hold that cynical of an opinion of him.

I mean, what if Luann did get just 2.5 million? I mean, is that so little? If I was just handed 2.5 million I could live on that until I die with careful investing and I am younger than Luann. Yes. yes, she lives in NYC. It's called moving and many people do it and there's tons of articles written about how moving to a less costly area helps preserve one's money. What, the job on the show? Well, she made her choice.

However much Alex is or isn't an asshole (I think he's an asshole), is he the one violating the terms of the divorce? Are the kids being selfish little douches? Maybe.... but so far the only one who seems to be doing something wrong is Luann.

And she's not exactly not an asshole, herself

I think I said in 2.5M is peanuts in comparison to what he is worth. They were married for 16+ years. I think she's wife number 4 but isn't she the only one that gave him 2 kids? I think he spends 2.5M on himself annually

You're right that Luann is the only one doing something wrong. It's sad that the situation had to get to this point for a legal filing.

Breaking news....Victoria De Lesseps is coming out with a new song

anigif_enhanced-11775-1435159339-3.gif?c

Mommy broke the Trust Code

• Love 12

Just an aside, the count did sign the house over to Lu in 2009 according to the property records.  If that's all she got in the divorce, I agree with KungFuBunny that it wasn't much.  One of the things I question is that there may have been verbal agreements and the turning of the house in the Hamptons was done to save some tax complications.  Now, I'm not saying that Lu wasn't wrong about the trust.  But...if the count was so concerned about his children, why didn't he follow up when the Bridgehampton house was sold?

And, I do think that someone is supplementing the two kids.  Is it Lu or the Count?  I don't know but what are either one of them doing to be able to afford to live in NYC?

I just hope that it doesn't send Lu off the wagon.  Even if she may be wrong in all this.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Just an aside, the count did sign the house over to Lu in 2009 according to the property records.  If that's all she got in the divorce, I agree with KungFuBunny that it wasn't much.  One of the things I question is that there may have been verbal agreements and the turning of the house in the Hamptons was done to save some tax complications.  Now, I'm not saying that Lu wasn't wrong about the trust.  But...if the count was so concerned about his children, why didn't he follow up when the Bridgehampton house was sold?

And, I do think that someone is supplementing the two kids.  Is it Lu or the Count?  I don't know but what are either one of them doing to be able to afford to live in NYC?

I just hope that it doesn't send Lu off the wagon.  Even if she may be wrong in all this.

I don't think he really gives a shit about his kids. He just wanted out of the marriage so he could have his fun with the Ethiopian Princess. From what I remember he told Luann he was  divorcing her via text. He didn't even care enough to tell his kids himself.  The details of the divorce settlement once he signed, he forgot about them. If he cared, he would have told his lawyers to ask for proof of a trust by a certain date, or he would have asked to see the trust itself to see how it was set up.

I also don't believe the kids even knew about a trust Luann was supposed to set up for them until recently.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Jextella said:

Something is up with LuAnne and her kids.  Victoria has been on the show a time or two but not the son 

Noel’s been on the show, less so since he’s grown up, but he’s been on. He showed up on a Heather/Kristen season, and he was at Tinsley’s party for Sonja last season. 

• Love 7

I think both Luann and the Count view the kids in a pretty old fashioned way.  They had the money and background to have caretakers, and I think they love their kids, but, they both strike me as the type of people who are more likely to just want to kind of pencil them in for an hour or so each day, rather than be the hands on care givers.  Kind of an old school royal family type childhood, like Prince Charles and the Queen.  Even perhaps Diana and Charles with the boys, as I remember reading a story somewhere that while they were much more hands on, there was an incident where one of the boys got sick at night one time when the housekeeper was off for the night and neither Charles or Diana knew where the extra sheets were kept in the house to change the bed.  I could see Luann and the Count being like this.

I did a quick bit of googling and it sounds like Luann and the count had a prenup, and that he paid alimony and child support in addition to her getting the Hamptons home. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, smores said:

they love their kids, but, they both strike me as the type of people who are more likely to just want to kind of pencil them in for an hour or so each day, rather than be the hands on care givers.

You just described the image I had in my head of me raising kids.

Which is why I didn't have any.  I recognized that I was too selfish to be a mom.  I wish more people would see themselves as they are, before they procreate.  We would have a lot fewer messed up folks walking around.

• Love 16
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

You just described the image I had in my head of me raising kids.

Which is why I didn't have any.  I recognized that I was too selfish to be a mom.  I wish more people would see themselves as they are, before they procreate.  We would have a lot fewer messed up folks walking around.

ROFL! But, apparently if you hire Rosie, then you can skip Taco Tuesday! She will stand in and check homework too!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Noel’s been on the show, less so since he’s grown up, but he’s been on. He showed up on a Heather/Kristen season, and he was at Tinsley’s party for Sonja last season. 

That's right.  I forgot about that!  I do recall both children pre-divorce.  I don't recall seeing the boy in any talking scenes as an adult and Victoria only ore or two.

• Love 1
(edited)

In fairness, her rehab sounds super spa-like...

And why do I think this is calculated to turn this all around on her kids? Instead of being the victims of mom's greed, now they're the greedy hellions who drove her back to the bottle.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 12