Type keyword(s) to search

A: This Game Show Host Needs To Grow Back His Bitchin' Moustache

• Start Topic

I'm not a facial hair fan.  Clarke Gable looked good with a mustache and William Powell looked funny without one, but on just about any other man -- shave, please.

With that said, I don't think Alex looked bad with a mustache back in the day.  But I do think he looks bad with one now.

• Love 2

During one of the after-game shots, when he chats with the contestants (it was the game just before the last Tournament of Champions), he was mimicking shaving, so I backed up the DVR and re-watched.  I could clearly read his lips, he said "and I shave in the shower".  I couldn't figure out what he was saying then, but he motioned a downward swipe close to his nose, gave a foolish grin, ending with "I had to shave the whole thing off".  Clearly an accident, almost made me like him for a minute.

It's been a while since anyone posted here.

I just got back from the TCM Classic Cruise and Alex was on there again. He hosted a couple of trivia contests but I didn't go because there's a team of college professors who always win. He also introduced a couple of the films that were shown. But the highlight was that Ruta Lee was one of the "stars" on the trip and he interviewed her. They've been friends since they were on the game show High Rollers back in the 70's. They were hilarious together and Ruta a great broad, in the best sense of the word. So sweet & friendly and a little naughty. I never thought before I went that she'd be my favorite celebrity on the thing.

I also got to see Mrs. Trebek in person. She's very attractive. Still looks pretty young.

• Love 3

That reminds me: Last night I dreamed I was on Jeopardy.  It was close going into Final Jeopardy.  The clue was "the 2018 passing of Stephen Hawking left this Canadian American gameshow host as the widely recognized "smartest man in the world.""

I wrote "Who is Monty Hall?" but Alex informed me that Mr Hall died in 2017, so I lost.  The studio security guards threw me out onto the street,

• Love 4
On 6/22/2018 at 1:04 PM, Driad said:

In the Season 34 thread, the category title "What the F" was suggested. All the clues would be about Trebek. Would you like to suggest some clues?

$200 clue - "Alex Trebek is well known for doing this to words"

Answer - What is Frenchify?

• Love 4
(edited)

$400 clue- Alex Trebek's pet snake says this to try and scare you

Answer- What is Boo hiss?

Edited by opus
Forgot to phrase the answer in the form of a question
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I've been flipping through some of the free stuff I get on my relatively new smart tv, and I stumbled across the Buzzr (sp?) channel showing Classic Concentration hosted by young Alex.  He was already hosting Jeopardy! at this point - I think late 80's.

I watched a few, and I was very disappointed that 1) I did not hear a single GFY, and 2) he had a contestant from Canada, and he let that pass without a single comment!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

You must be watching the weekend airing. During the week, it's the first season of CC and he's wearing suits. It's not until the later seasons wear his wardrobe choices were...let's say...more casual. There was one time he looked like he just came off the tennis court---white shirt & shorts!

• LOL 1