Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

This fan video is short but beautiful...

And kudos to this fan for using a voiceover quote from the movie Stardust...

Olicity [7x09] - "You will always be the love of my life"
Published on Dec 11, 2018, by Myolicity Amell

I have to say, Arrow, despite its many, many flaws, has managed to depict one epic love story that's evolved over seven seasons.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

This fan video does a nice job of focusing on the changes in Felicity and the song choice is spot on...

Olicity x You're Somebody Else [+7x09]
Published on Dec 16, 2018, by Kaitem

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Any good fics to recommend?  My favorite fic was typically S1-3, and I've fallen out of the habit of looking for it.  With the hiatus I'm considering getting back into fic alongside my S1-S2 holiday binge watch.  I typically like some angst, not totally fluffy (although I reread "Let Your Heart be Light" ever year) Any recs welcome.

What a great surprise to find that MachaSWicket updated her "Collection To Be Named Later" with an adorable AU about Nurse Oliver meeting Felicity while she's in the ER and hopped up on drugs to treat an anaphylactic reaction to eating nuts at a dinner party.

Also, I was completely charmed by A Catalog of Non-Definitive Acts by SmoakScreen. Oliver meets Felicity as she's attempting to complete items on her bucket list before she moves away from Star(ling) City. Romance and hotness ensues. It's 26,000 words for two chapters, which I loved, because I love long fics. But I happily would've read another 26,000 words. I didn't want it to end.

ETA: I forgot that Pure Fandom actually wrote an entire article of Olicity fic recs. The author solicited recs on Twitter a few days ago, so quality may vary. But a few of the ones I recognized are great, so I can't wait to dig into the rest of the list.

https://www.purefandom.com/2018/12/30/arrow-and-olicity-your-favorite-fan-fictions-of-2018/

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2

@KenyaJ, do you have a link to the Pure Fandom article?

If you like Jane Austen's Emma , here's With the Speed of an Arrow by Academy of Shipping. I think she does a really good job of matching Arrow to the book, with Oliver as the blinkered Emma, Felicity as Mr. Knightley trying to help him  be a better CEO, Barry Allen as Harriet Smith who Oliver tries to keep from Iris (Robert Martin) ... you get the idea. I'm having a lot of fun matching the novel to the fic.

Kicking off 2019 with a nice, nostalgic look back at Oliver & Felicity's relationship over the years - here's a few recap videos by fans...

Oliver and Felicity | Season One Recap
Published on Jun 2, 2015, by that1kimgirl

oliver & felicity | their story [1x03-4x23]
Published on May 30, 2016, by atlantis

➽The best of Olicity Feels ➼ Arrow➷Season5➹
Published on May 26, 2017, by Miss Tracy BV

The Olicity Story in Season 6 (Oliver & Felicity from Arrow)
Published on Jul 4, 2018, by Harrison Pawliski

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

I have lost my efficient mojo and am now in a rut *cries*

I don't know what to do! I think somewhere along the line I stopped being disciplined and decided to give into my wafty artistic wannabe moods which means I am soooo inefficient and procrastinate terribly!

I don't even have an idea for the annual Lunar New Year story! I ALWAYS write a Lunar New Year chapter or story *wails*

Hubs reckons I should try to revert back to the busy mum/Jessica Huang model where I was like "Tonight I will write 3000 words no matter how I feel about them because I am an efficient woman" and to hell with my temperamental artistic side.

Or let him hit me on the head repeatedly with a foam arrow if he catches me procrastinating (I am actually considering this).

Ideally I'd say combine your artistic temperament with your "no matter what" dictate. Get the words out no matter what you think of them and then the next day go back over them and see what is good and what needs changing and work like that, radical output of words followed by the artistic eye followed again by lots of new words rinse and repeat.  

I don't think being abused by foam arrow will inspire you nearly as much as you think.  ;)  

• Love 2
On 1/22/2019 at 8:40 AM, BkWurm1 said:

Ideally I'd say combine your artistic temperament with your "no matter what" dictate. Get the words out no matter what you think of them and then the next day go back over them and see what is good and what needs changing and work like that, radical output of words followed by the artistic eye followed again by lots of new words rinse and repeat.  

I don't think being abused by foam arrow will inspire you nearly as much as you think.  ;)  

I squeezed out 5000 words over 4 days! Jessica would poo poo it but that is progress for me!

I have the weirdest motivations for writing. Like I feel like I need to pump out a Lunar New Year story but I have no ideas and don't particularly want to write one but now I fear bad juju for Olicity if I don't write one! I am so superstitious and crazy!!!!! 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I squeezed out 5000 words over 4 days! Jessica would poo poo it but that is progress for me!

I have the weirdest motivations for writing. Like I feel like I need to pump out a Lunar New Year story but I have no ideas and don't particularly want to write one but now I fear bad juju for Olicity if I don't write one! I am so superstitious and crazy!!!!! 

I'd make suggestions if I knew what needs to go into a LNY story.  Don't want  bad juju. ;)

I never understood why Lord mesa made the drawing like that with Oliver and Laurel for his own elseworlds. Laurel never showed her boobs in the outfit. It's Sara no ifs ands or buts.

Edited by olicityfan25
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'd make suggestions if I knew what needs to go into a LNY story.  Don't want  bad juju. ;)

LNY is about putting good thoughts out there. So for instance you'd write something happy and lovey dovey with an Olicitot if you're hoping for one during the year.  

Meet cutes even fun bickering is fine. Basically whatever Olicity vibes you would personally want for Olicity or to see on-screen. 

Things to avoid posting on the first day of LNY would be angst, death, suffering etc.

Haha I suppose I'm just not putting out vibes if I don't put out anything. I've always tried to put out a good vibe story though. 

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

LNY is about putting good thoughts out there. So for instance you'd write something happy and lovey dovey with an Olicitot if you're hoping for one during the year.  

Meet cutes even fun bickering is fine. Basically whatever Olicity vibes you would personally want for Olicity or to see on-screen. 

Things to avoid posting on the first day of LNY would be angst, death, suffering etc.

Haha I suppose I'm just not putting out vibes if I don't put out anything. I've always tried to put out a good vibe story though. 

Funny because it's true. Also pretty much exactly what I thought when they made the decision to send him to CC to have a normal life. Riiiiight. Aside from the crazy shit one risks just by living there, William is still the kid of the unmasked Green Arrow. The same Green Arrow who has worked with Flash for years now. So it really makes perfect sense. 

• Love 2