Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Omg that is adorable @tv echo

I've been neglecting my goodbye message to you because I'm not ready to say goodbye yet!!!

Give me another week to pretend that you're still going to post and update this board 😭

I'm not going anywhere yet. There's still post-mortem articles and finale reviews, upcoming comic cons with SA (including one with EBR), and probably future recognition/awards for the show. Arrow is my addiction, so the withdrawal will have to be slow.

I also have a ton of collected Arrow material that I'm still trying to figure out how to share here. 😉

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Kymmi said:

I can’t believe this is all ending *sob* until then I will always have this vid that connects my Olicity love with my 15 year old’s love of Taylor Swift. 

This made my tear up so badly. Its beautiful. 

On 1/31/2020 at 2:01 AM, Kymmi said:

I can’t believe this is all ending *sob* until then I will always have this vid that connects my Olicity love with my 15 year old’s love of Taylor Swift. 

Darn, I'm going to miss them so much - and the way they look at each other... truly an epic romance. 😭

I just need to say that the "Spolicity" tag and descriptor really weirded me out for a while. 🙄 It took an embarrassingly long moment for me to realise it meant Spectre!Oliver/Felicity, I went through a whole other range of possibilities first. 

• LOL 2

If you're still emotional from the series finale, you may want to wait before watching this beautiful fanvid (with perfect choice of song)...

Oliver & Felicity || Find Me (8x10)
infinitecanvas  Feb. 2, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 1/31/2020 at 2:01 AM, Kymmi said:

to Quote a fellow Olicity Lover On YouTube This couple destroyed me 😭 The insane Chemistry, the way they looked at each other and the love they had. Just an Epic Couple and Love story GUH I'm verklempt

• Love 3

@apinknightmare you were right!

There seems to be a resurgence in fanfic! Lots of new fics and lots of readers it seems!

I wonder if knowing the final end is making people less antsy and also nostalgic so they are hitting the fics.

I have been reading my favourites whenever I have the time. We are truly blessed in this fandom with the selection! I reckon you can find a fic for any Olicity scenario your heart desires!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Has anyone noticed that some AO3 writers like cfcureton and spaztronaut have suddenly restricted or deleted their fic? Did something happen?

Something to do with that link to that app you sent me. People are locking down their fics so the app can't scrape it.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2020 at 11:17 PM, Mellowyellow said:

Something to do with that link to that app you sent me. People are locking down their fics so the app can't scrape it.

Yeah lots of people are locking down their fics because they wrote them for free for other fans and the app is profiting from them. The situation really needs to be sorted out or A03 will loose a lot of people/content.

Does anyone know any good Arrow fan podcasts? The only one I've really listened to is Watchover.

10 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I love that even panels at cons can inspire fan art: 

That's a more likely scenario from Felicity than her actually not commenting at all on the "latte". I mean he was counting on the "OMG! It's Oliver Queen!" from whoever helped him to not mention the obvious.

I can't find the script page for 1x03 right now but didn't the original directions have Felicity pointing out that they were bullet holes but still being completely smitten with Oliver and anything he says?  I thought that the brilliance of EBR's performance there was that she wasn't taking any sh*t from Oliver in spite of his looks and money and that's what set her up as a worthy person to his character to play off of.

It's a cute cartoon but if that's the way EBR had played it, I don't think we would have gotten 8 years of Olicity.

• Love 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't find the script page for 1x03 right now but didn't the original directions have Felicity pointing out that they were bullet holes but still being completely smitten with Oliver and anything he says?  I thought that the brilliance of EBR's performance there was that she wasn't taking any sh*t from Oliver in spite of his looks and money and that's what set her up as a worthy person to his character to play off of.

Yes...
CysJg2jUkAAaPVl.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 3

Yeah in the original pages she was a pretty forgettable "smitten by Playboy Oliver Queen" character but EBR took it in a different direction, even if Felicity was wanting to throw herself at him in her head. 8x01 showed us how it could go with Teagan Verhul, who was good at being what she was supposed to be: Nice but very definitely Not Felicity. 

• Love 3
Some fans are so talented! I hope KM sees this tweet (though I don't see her tagged on it) - hopefully, someone will send it to her...
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Lord Mesa redid some of his old illustrations in a new style. I like the softness added to this one: 

Also, Brian Roll, who does a lot of Arrowverse art, did an illustration of the Smoak-Queen-Clayton family. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Personality Quiz: which iconic olicity quote are you and what does that say about your fic preferences?
By smoaksmile  
https://uquiz.com/quiz/nt8IDE/which-iconic-olicity-quote-are-you-and-what-does-that-say-about-your-fic-preferen?p=554915 

Your Result:
'you will always be the love of my life'

there's a reason you clicked on this quiz. you think iconic moments should be extremely iconic and that's a very valid opinion. you know your truth, you know that all eras of olicity are god tier and that all fic is too. you will read anything so long as it has these babies as the main pairing and you know that they are king and queen of dctv until the bitter end. and you know what? you're goddamn right.
How do you compare?
Here's how your result compares to others:

23% 'there was no choice to make'
23% 'that is so much bigger than the friggin' universe'
23% 'it was red'
15% 'you will always be the love of my life'
7% 'we found ourselves in each other'
7% 'it feels really good having you inside me'

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

About 2 hours long, but this fan did a really amazing job...

Oliver & Felicity | Their Entire Love Story. (1x03-8x10)
smoakperspective   Feb. 12, 2020

With the series coming to an end. I thought it would make a video showcasing Olicity’s journey. Their journey is one that captivated me instantaneously. Individually and together, both those characters have shown such a huge character growth, one that I have always found to be awe-inspiring. From their first word exchanges to the head tilt to the red pen to the fern, their story is one that I will hold dearly.  I have had many ships from other shows over the years but none have ever come remotely close to Olicity.  I don’t think I could ever say goodbye to them and the show fully but I hope in years to come we will be seeing them again. I have always admired how despite anything that got thrown their way they were able to overcome it together because their love is bigger than the freaking universe. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Any of you on this list?...

‘Arrow’ Postmortem: Here’s a list of fan fiction created after the finale
Lynsey Neill    June 25, 2020
https://www.purefandom.com/2020/06/25/post-arrow-fan-fic/

Fandom doesn’t die once the last episode airs. If you miss adventuring into the world of Oliver and Felicity, and all their possible shenanigans, this fan fiction list is for you. This list was written/updated since the Arrow finale! So don’t worry, Olicity still has plenty of stories to tell.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

This is a pretty good fan video for Mia (with spot-on Sia song choice)...

Mia Smoak-Queen | Unstoppable
flarrowverse edits   Jun 28, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Interesting perspective - this is a fan-made video of a "movie trailer" for Season 1 of Arrow...

Arrow: The Emerald Archer - Fan Cinematic Trailer (Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards)
Elite Edits   Aug 29, 2020

Edited by tv echo
On 6/2/2020 at 6:32 AM, tv echo said:

About 2 hours long, but this fan did a really amazing job...

Oliver & Felicity | Their Entire Love Story. (1x03-8x10)
smoakperspective   Feb. 12, 2020

This video already has more than 2 million views. Pretty amazing for a 2 hour long video. People are really missing Olicity. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
On 9/27/2020 at 7:33 AM, bettername2come said:

I think I made this video just to cheer myself up after Oliver's death. 

I think you did a great job! It's nice to be reminded that despite the gloom and doom he had a lot of happy moments and lived a fuller life than he probably expected to have when he started his journey.

(And I'm still sticking to my headcanon that he's not dead, he just exists on another plane doing Spectre things and pops in to check on his family once in a while.)

• Love 2