Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

(edited)

If it's great for Luann to Have Sex Like a Man ( Sex & the City has so much to answer for), should the idea of Heather being a dominant sexual partner be problematic?

Hee!  I can't really see it being any other way!  And now I'm going to stop thinking about it.

I took Freckledbruh's post to mean that Jonathon would end up feeling left out.  Like Ross did.  When I look at her instagram photos, Jonathon does look like the odd man out. IMO

https://instagram.com/p/3vHxApjrUj/?taken-by=iamheathert

Edited by ryebread

I haven't given much thought to the sex lives of Heather and Jonathan but they seemed pretty into each other making out at the end of that mud run.

If it's great for Luann to Have Sex Like a Man ( Sex & the City has so much to answer for), should the idea of Heather being a dominant sexual partner be problematic?

Of course!  Because she's then got the balls, and Jonathan is henpecked, and they might divorce but for the kids, and we should speculate that she pegs him and he just takes it like the kind of man who is less impressive than Mario....

• Love 6

Of course!  Because she's then got the balls, and Jonathan is henpecked, and they might divorce but for the kids, and we should speculate that she pegs him and he just takes it like the kind of man who is less impressive than Mario....

And this is why I'd never subject my life to this show.  Just because she's Heather doesn't mean the speculation is always going to be kind.

Whatever is going on with them, or not going on with them, I'm glad it's not on TV and is only speculation. I caught an epi of the OC and the Beadors are putting every thing on display about his infidelity and I just can't watch.  I don't think they're coming out of this intact.

• Love 3

Sonja never confirmed butt sex.  Andy asked and she said they took a walk in the garden.  It was a vile and stupid comment by Carole and carry through by Andy.

Oh yeah I agree she never confirmed that.  To me, "from behind" also means doggie style! 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't want to see their marriage break down.  Especially because of the kids. 

You just reminded me of that time on Twitter right after last season finished.  Heather took down the very romantic pic of her and Jon that had been her Profile Picture for a long time.  Replaced it with one of her alone. Took the 'Wife' part out of her introduction.  All the pictures, save one, of Jon disappeared from her Instagram.  During that time most of the memes she posted were about surviving hardship - morose things.  Not at all the positive things she used to post or mainly does now.  I found that odd.  And interesting.  But really not much more so than I found speculating about Lu and her Count, Ramona and her louse, Kristen and her....whatever he is. 

Her profile pic is still just her. The 'wife' part is still gone. Shrug. For a while she posted some family pics again but not so much anymore.  She probably decided, after last season's fiasco at Lu's aired, to leave him out of most everything. If that's the case, I think it was a wise decision. Theirs wouldn't be the first marriage that had trouble after exposing it to this.  Maybe that's part of the reason why she's leaving. She (and he) don't need the bullshit.

We still have Kristen and Josh's vow renewal yet.  Curse of doom.

Wait. That's a storyline happening this season? Oh wow. (Or are you saying it may happen next season if she stays? This probably belongs in her thread, but my curiosity is piqued.)

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've seen clips somewhere.  Josh is in his porkpie hat, Kristen looks beautiful as usual.  Polka dot cake.  It's got to be soon as we've only got 2 or 3 epis left.

ETA http://www.realitytea.com/2014/11/07/photos-kristen-taekman-josh-taekman-renew-vows-real-housewives-new-york/

"Josh is in his porkpie hat" has me literally LOLing!  Oh Josh.  NO.  NO!  Kristen has great style, can't she hook a husband up?  (Jerky men in hats they cannot carry off is a very specific unfortunate peeve of mine, don't mind me...)

ETA -- I don't think that just because Heather is Heather the speculation is going to be kind, that is a weird thought and not something I feel or perceive.  For instance, kind of related and kind of not: I think Tamra Sue Waddle Barney Judge Lucifer is despicable (she, Ramona and Vicki are the ones that will have to end their lifespans by being Rasputined; they are each worthless and feed and create misery in others, so it'll take shooting, garlic, immolation, drowning, etc.  They will haunt cockroaches after a nuclear event.)  However, and I am scruples-free, I haven't ever speculated about Eddie Judge not being heterosexual or what he might need/want sexually from his dead-eyed meatpuppet, soul-free wife.

I think inserting asides about how just because someone is liked by some doesn't make everyone speculate in the same way is a provocation best left off the boards, but maybe that's just me.  I understand it may just be me who feels that way.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 3

"Josh is in his porkpie hat" has me literally LOLing! Oh Josh. NO. NO! Kristen has great style, can't she hook a husband up? (Jerky men in hats they cannot carry off is a very specific unfortunate peeve of mine, don't mind me...)

ETA -- I don't think that just because Heather is Heather the speculation is going to be kind, that is a weird thought and not something I feel or perceive. For instance, kind of related and kind of not: I think Tamra Sue Waddle Barney Judge Lucifer is despicable (she, Ramona and Vicki are the ones that will have to end their lifespans by being Rasputined; they are each worthless and feed and create misery in others, so it'll take shooting, garlic, immolation, drowning, etc. They will haunt cockroaches after a nuclear event.) However, and I am scruples-free, I haven't ever speculated about Eddie Judge not being heterosexual or what he might need/want sexually from his dead-eyed meatpuppet, soul-free wife.

I think inserting asides about how just because someone is liked by some doesn't make everyone speculate in the same way is a provocation best left off the boards, but maybe that's just me. I understand it may just be me who feels that way.

I completely agree.

• Love 1

Uh...okay. 

LOL.  I'm going to go enjoy my day and ponder the deep, deep definition of snark.

Class dismissed? *brow arch* 

I see it all from a different view I guess.  You can look at a situationa nd assess it and still look at the participants and assess them indiviually as well.  Heather can be on the right side of matter and still conduct herself in a way I see as being silly, over the top or simply distasteful.  I like that about being able to have an opinion.  I can craft it to my individial needs.

Also I think making your mark and immediately thinking you have to have conflict to makr your mark as two different things.  And in my opinion some come on these already established shows willing to play conflict games to one degree or another in order to do that.  So no.  I'm not stunned at someone wanting to stand out.  Or make a mark.  I can be put off by how they go about doing from my point of view though.  I'm not sure where in my post you felt, emoticon mitigation aside, I felt so silly as to think that was unheard of.  But thanks for that smiley face so I know my supposed lack of insight is just plain fun.  Hee hee. 

Now see, that had nothing to do with any supposed lack of insight (jiggawha??) and everything to do with my amusement at using that theme song. The section I quoted was merely a jumping off point to say Different Strokes, and all ... 

• Love 2

I think inserting asides about how just because someone is liked by some doesn't make everyone speculate in the same way is a provocation best left off the boards, but maybe that's just me. 

I see what you're saying but when you reply to someone's question about Heather being the dominant sexual partner like this:

you are taking bits from what individuals have said over months and making it sound like those of us who dislike Heather are in agreement with all of it.  So you, in effect, are also saying something about the way we speculate.  It could be argued that THAT provocation should also be left off the boards.  But I won't argue it because I think it's all fodder for speculation.  Everything they put out there.  AFAIK, the only thing the mods don't want us to snark on is each other.

• Love 1

You just reminded me of that time on Twitter right after last season finished.  Heather took down the very romantic pic of her and Jon that had been her Profile Picture for a long time.  Replaced it with one of her alone. Took the 'Wife' part out of her introduction.  All the pictures, save one, of Jon disappeared from her Instagram.  During that time most of the memes she posted were about surviving hardship - morose things.  Not at all the positive things she used to post or mainly does now.  I found that odd.  And interesting.  But really not much more so than I found speculating about Lu and her Count, Ramona and her louse, Kristen and her....whatever he is. 

Her profile pic is still just her. The 'wife' part is still gone. Shrug. For a while she posted some family pics again but not so much anymore.  She probably decided, after last season's fiasco at Lu's aired, to leave him out of most everything. If that's the case, I think it was a wise decision. Theirs wouldn't be the first marriage that had trouble after exposing it to this.  Maybe that's part of the reason why she's leaving. She (and he) don't need the bullshit.

Hmmmm, that is very interesting! Especially considering what she said to Ramona about their fights and sitting down with Jonathan when all of the stuff went public about Ramona and Mario, which was the end of last season.

I can't believe Kristen and Josh did a vow renewal, don't they know the reality show rules??? That is the kiss of death!

• Love 2
(edited)

I see what you're saying but when you reply to someone's question about Heather being the dominant sexual partner like this:

you are taking bits from what individuals have said over months and making it sound like those of us who dislike Heather are in agreement with all of it.  So you, in effect, are also saying something about the way we speculate.  It could be argued that THAT provocation should also be left off the boards.  But I won't argue it because I think it's all fodder for speculation.  Everything they put out there.  AFAIK, the only thing the mods don't want us to snark on is each other.

Well, I don't agree.  I was direct, and did not couch my critique in a way designed for plausible deniability and skip away like rocks aren't being thrown.  That is what I've observed.

Perhaps more to the point, I don't think I need to hide what I think, and I literally do not understand how one can read what I wrote to indicate 'those of us to dislike Heather are in agreement with all of it.'  In my view this is completely a reach.  There was literal speculation about man, woman, Carole, who is this third partner, see what happens when we speculate.  This is in that exact vein as far as I'm concerned.  

ETA again to not repost -- it's also completely inaccurate to say I somehow whipped this up taking 'months' of comments.  Simply inaccurate and completely unfair.  It was a reply to posts in the last 48 hours. 

It's not taking things 'too seriously' to say that it's not a kindness to misquote me and insinuate in a quoted response to me - for whatever reason since it was no counterpoint to anything I wrote - that I have some secret expectation that no one dare disagree about my opinion about Heather.  I am in fact permitted to respond to it, and to point out the distortions, without pretending I may legitimately take on the mod mantle myself. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 2

I've seen clips somewhere.  Josh is in his porkpie hat, Kristen looks beautiful as usual.  Polka dot cake.  It's got to be soon as we've only got 2 or 3 epis left.

ETA http://www.realitytea.com/2014/11/07/photos-kristen-taekman-josh-taekman-renew-vows-real-housewives-new-york/

I feel like with Josh he's put himself in a Catch-22/neverending cycle situation. He probably started wearing hats when he began losing hair, but then the continuous use of hats isn't the best solution for already thinning hair.

• Love 3
Trying to apply revisionist history to four years of friendship because Heather responded to a question from seven days ago truly is a misrepresentation. As someone who dislikes Heather, you simply choose to see something else. 

Interpreting a statement in different way than you is not applying revisionist history. I know I'm not the only one who saw Heather's remarks as more than just a reaction triggered by fear of a stranger, but rather also a commentary on LuAnn's promiscuity.

I don't think he looks left out in that picture. I also think he looks hot and he also looks hot in another pic on her Instagram, a dirt bike picture. And in a couple more family shots in a bathing suit. 

Jonathan is hot, very sexy.  He and Jason are the sexiest of the RHONY husbands IMO. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think he looks left out in that picture. I also think he looks hot and he also looks hot in another pic on her Instagram, a dirt bike picture. And in a couple more family shots in a bathing suit. I think he is just a little shy, personality wise, but just as athletic and involved in the marriage as Heather. And I loved that Heather said she wasn't a You are the most amazing part of my life kind of gal and that he knew that about her. I hate smoopy. Bleck. I like to think that they have a solid thing going.

LOL, don't you love it. 5 people in that pic 2 couples 1 single all smiling and yet Jonathan is the odd man out. Huh? People see what they want to see :)

I'm glad Jonathan has not been on much. The man has been on screen 2/3 times this season and the things that have been speculated about him are bit much imo.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

I always thought that Jonathan brought this up as a way of demonstrating that he's not hen pecked (when clearly, IMO, he is) and I laughed at the idea that Heather actually meant another guy...and poor Jon would probably end up just watching!

Were people already talking about him being henpecked at that time? I thought the anniversary party was really early last season. I don't remember ever hearing anyone mention it at that point. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Were people already talking about him being henpecked at that time? I thought the anniversary party was really early last season. I don't remember ever hearing anyone mention it at that point.

I mean in general, not necessarily the viewers of the RHNY....I suspect Jonathan being hen pecked is a theme in their lives. That's why Kristen thinks Heather bosses him around. That view is from interacting with them personally and not tied to the show.

He's probably been talking about that threesome for years.

Someday, Jonathan. Someday.

Edited by shoegal

Funny how you are taking Kristen's words as gospel when it is negative about someone/s you dislike but anything she says about Bethenny is ridiculed by you.

Aw, man.  Think of the mods!   Think of the mods!

I think every one is guilty of this at some time or another.  And FWIW, taking the words of any of the HWs as gospel could be dangerous.

The meatball dinner was edited.  The Fuck dinner was edited.  It's all edited.  So all we can do is comment on what our brains are seeing and season our comments by our individual feelings about each HW. 

It's supposed to be fun, y'all.

• Love 2

I'm down with both of these.

Hmmmm, that is very interesting! Especially considering what she said to Ramona about their fights and sitting down with Jonathan when all of the stuff went public about Ramona and Mario, which was the end of last season.

I can't believe Kristen and Josh did a vow renewal, don't they know the reality show rules??? That is the kiss of death!

Maybe this is her way of trying to escape. Good luck, Kristen!

• Love 1
I'm certain there are some folks for whom their Heather dislike is so enormous that they're waiting with crossed fingers at a breakdown in Heather and Jon's marriage. They're probably stalking her social media pages to find photographic "evidence" of discord, too.

Oh, yeah, it's practically documented. Hell, y'all know how I feel about Heather, and even I ain't got time for playing Sherlock like that, lol.

LOL, don't you love it.

I'm still laughing.

(edited)

I just watched the scenes of naked man. Serious suggestion, not a snark at all. Use closed captions. I think it will help to see what is really said and what is assumed is said and who said what when it gets chaotic. And there are some things that were posted here that are really inaccurate and it contributed to the discussion getting derailed. 

I think Heather asked the wrong question of Luann. She asked Luann if Luann would be upset. And Luann answered honestly, no. I like Heather, but I think she got herself upset and couldn't stop. I think she had her own dirty martini meltdown, minus the dirty martini. Good grief, she had a dirty peenee meltdown. Haha. I don't think Carole is Heather's puppet. I think she was going along trying to simmer down the situation. I do think Luann was thrown when Kristen threw in that the guy was married, so shut up Heather. I don't think she expected that, seriously. She recovered quickly, and I think that if they had been there longer and she had made plans with the guy, she would have asked him and declined to see him again. 

I think Heather needed what Dorinda needed at the f dinner. Heather got herself blathered up to a take this microphone off me point, ala Dorinda [without saying that] and needed someone to just walk her out and talk her down [like she did with Dorinda]. Does that make sense?

I think Heather did a good job of calming herself down, and yes, some of that was Lu. By the end of it all Lu was talking to Heather and telling her she wasn't acting like herself. Heather didn't continue to scream and point and she didn't run from the room. She was pretty calm by the time the revelation that the dude was married was revealed. Like others have said before, Heather seems to have a personality where she angers very quickly, but she also recovers just as quickly and is able to move on. You always understand why Heather is upset. There is no passive aggressive BS with her. I much prefer that to someone who simmers with whatever it is that is bothering them, then blows up and no one understands why. Yes, Dorinda, I'm looking at you. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

I mean.... it's not as though Heather made some big shocking revelation about Sonja here (ala: Kyle announcing Kim was an alcoholic in the back of the limo.) She ain't the Church Lady. This is Sonja we're talking about - the same woman who has appeared on camera plastered out of her mind on multiple occasions. The same woman who has admitted (with pride) to taking it from behind with the pirate.  Who makes her intern go into the bathroom with her (while mic'd up) to help her change her tampon and brags about her heavy flow.  The list goes on....

Like, the fact that Heather had to carry her drunk ass upstairs to bed really doesn't seem all that bad in the grand scheme of things she's willingly done on camera.

Add Sonja drunkenly passing out in Lu's lap (slo-mo) and flashing her crotch last season, and sloppily attempting to make out with an unwilling Lu, then forcing Lu to be on "snatch guard' when she flops around on stage, this season.  I wondered if editors left in Heather's comment because Lu and Dorinda acted like they were the only ones who ever took care of drunk Sonja.

When Jonathan's appearances were drastically reduced this season, my immediate assumption was he didn't care for being mocked by Ramona as unmanly.  Just because Jon's quiet, doesn't mean he doesn't have a mind of his own.  After being humiliated on camera, maybe he "shut that shit down", and said he wanted minimal camera time this season.  Maybe he prefers being the private husband of a celebrity, versus half of a celebrity couple.  I wasn't aware of Jonathan disappearing from Heather's social media as well, but it's compatible with my assumption.

• Love 6

Heather never commented on Lu's "promiscuity." H said absolutely *nothing* about who L had sex with.

Never? Even if you don't take her comments in T&C to about LuAnn endangering the rest of the house by sleeping around and leaving her partner unattended (which she did not--that was Ramona), Heather most certainly did make remarks about LuAnn's less than discerning ways when choosing sexual partners on WWHL last week.

I just watched the scenes of naked man. Serious suggestion, not a snark at all. Use closed captions. I think it will help to see what is really said and what is assumed is said and who said what when it gets chaotic. And there are some things that were posted here that are really inaccurate and it contributed to the discussion getting derailed. 

I think Heather asked the wrong question of Luann. She asked Luann if Luann would be upset. And Luann answered honestly, no. I like Heather, but I think she got herself upset and couldn't stop. I think she had her own dirty martini meltdown, minus the dirty martini. Good grief, she had a dirty peenee meltdown. Haha. I don't think Carole is Heather's puppet. I think she was going along trying to simmer down the situation. I do think Luann was thrown when Kristen threw in that the guy was married, so shut up Heather. I don't think she expected that, seriously. She recovered quickly, and I think that if they had been there longer and she had made plans with the guy, she would have asked him and declined to see him again. 

I think Heather needed what Dorinda needed at the f dinner. Heather got herself blathered up to a take this microphone off me point, ala Dorinda [without saying that] and needed someone to just walk her out and talk her down [like she did with Dorinda]. Does that make sense?

I agree about using the closed captioning it clears up a lot.  It always has and always will be dangerous to ask someone's opinion when you are really seeking their support.  Had Heather said,  "it was frightening to me and I hope I can count on your support when I talk to Ramona about this," I think it would have turned out differently.  For one thing Carole, heather and Luann might still be friends.

• Love 1

I agree about using the closed captioning it clears up a lot.  It always has and always will be dangerous to ask someone's opinion when you are really seeking their support.  Had Heather said,  "it was frightening to me and I hope I can count on your support when I talk to Ramona about this," I think it would have turned out differently.  For one thing Carole, heather and Luann might still be friends.

But they remained friends well after Turks & Caicos. This fall out literally happened after the season started airing (i.e., months after the trip and months after taping), and it was initiated by LuAnn who first started on Carole then for whatever reason shifted it to Heather.

• Love 7

I use CC. It comes in handy on these shows.

Heather continues to take the high road in her blog, and devotes a nice paragraph for Smile Train.

She addresses the general confusion on how Dorinda wasn't happy with how she accepted Dorinda's apology:

"To this day, I am not sure when I became condescending or judgmental, and I’ve never been condensing to her. So it was with caution that I accepted Dorinda’s apology, and that’s what you see written all over my face. No airs. There’s really nothing I can do about Dorinda’s attitude towards me, because it seems to be in constant flux and just a rollercoaster of emotions. Even apologies are a place to be criticized. Upon further reflection, I’ve concluded that Dorinda is actually playing the judge, the preacher, and the jury, and so she’s taught me to proceed with caution."

She also seems to address the way her life has been excluded from the season:

"You haven’t gotten to see much of my personal life this season but a peek...We celebrated a landmark for our family with Jax turning 10, and Josh and Kristen pulled out all the stops. I wish you could have gotten to see Jax’s whole birthday party with his little sis Ella and the gang--it was very special and lots of fun. And those Taekman kids?! Well, yum!"

• Love 9

I use CC. It comes in handy on these shows.

Heather continues to take the high road in her blog, and devotes a nice paragraph for Smile Train.

She addresses the general confusion on how Dorinda wasn't happy with how she accepted Dorinda's apology:

"To this day, I am not sure when I became condescending or judgmental, and I’ve never been condensing to her. So it was with caution that I accepted Dorinda’s apology, and that’s what you see written all over my face. No airs. There’s really nothing I can do about Dorinda’s attitude towards me, because it seems to be in constant flux and just a rollercoaster of emotions. Even apologies are a place to be criticized. Upon further reflection, I’ve concluded that Dorinda is actually playing the judge, the preacher, and the jury, and so she’s taught me to proceed with caution."

She also seems to address the way her life has been excluded from the season:

"You haven’t gotten to see much of my personal life this season but a peek...We celebrated a landmark for our family with Jax turning 10, and Josh and Kristen pulled out all the stops. I wish you could have gotten to see Jax’s whole birthday party with his little sis Ella and the gang--it was very special and lots of fun. And those Taekman kids?! Well, yum!"

I believe Heather often comes off as condescending and judgmental.  It is just her way and now she turns around and does the very thing that causes me to find her condescending and judgmental.  You can't have ir both ways and Heather seem to behave that way all she need do is acknowledge it. I thought In T&C when she finally told Bethenny how she felt a Bethenny then began to disagree with her, Heather might, just might get a clue.  She doesn't.  Stating someone is emotionally unstable is really not okay it is judgmental.    These women can't say these or write these things about each other and then expect and apology to resolve it.   

• Love 3

I believe Heather often comes off as condescending and judgmental.  It is just her way and now she turns around and does the very thing that causes me to find her condescending and judgmental.  You can't have ir both ways and Heather seem to behave that way all she need do is acknowledge it. I thought In T&C when she finally told Bethenny how she felt a Bethenny then began to disagree with her, Heather might, just might get a clue.  She doesn't.  Stating someone is emotionally unstable is really not okay it is judgmental.    These women can't say these or write these things about each other and then expect and apology to resolve it.   

IMO, just mine, they all do the "condescending/judgmental" thing, all of them, from time to time. Giving their own differing personal opinion makes it judgmental and if they disapprove of whatever , it makes it condescending. LOL The difference for me at least, is that Heather is normally up front where others are behind the back game players. I would rather know up front than be mocked behind my back and smiled at to my face, but that is just me.

• Love 12

IMO, just mine, they all do the "condescending/judgmental" thing, all of them, from time to time. Giving their own differing personal opinion makes it judgmental and if they disapprove of whatever , it makes it condescending. LOL The difference for me at least, is that Heather is normally up front where others are behind the back game players. I would rather know up front than be mocked behind my back and smiled at to my face, but that is just me.

I don't think any of them escape the talking behind one's back accusations as the producers have the confessionals.  I recall Heather making many a comment in the confessionals that she would most likely not make to one's face unless at a Reunion. 

• Love 1

I don't think any of them escape the talking behind one's back accusations as the producers have the confessionals.  I recall Heather making many a comment in the confessionals that she would most likely not make to one's face unless at a Reunion. 

THs are a different subject altogether because we never hear what the producer asked to elicit the HW answer we do hear. They could be asking about whatever we just saw on the episode or it could be about something else entirely. Most of what we hear any of the HWs say in their THs we never hear them say to the other HW faces during that episode, Heather is not alone in this. That is why I really don't trust the THs, they are too easily manipulated by the producers and editing. LOL

• Love 2

THs are a different subject altogether because we never hear what the producer asked to elicit the HW answer we do hear. They could be asking about whatever we just saw on the episode or it could be about something else entirely. Most of what we hear any of the HWs say in their THs we never hear them say to the other HW faces during that episode, Heather is not alone in this. That is why I really don't trust the THs, they are too easily manipulated by the producers and editing. LOL

One has to admit some are certainly behavior specific.  Heather s confessional with the "get a sensitivity chip," and "what a bitch," was  directed at Bethenny .  BTW I agreed with Heather-"what a bitch."

• Love 1

One has to admit some are certainly behavior specific.  Heather s confessional with the "get a sensitivity chip," and "what a bitch," was  directed at Bethenny .  BTW I agreed with Heather-"what a bitch."

During the first half of this season, Bethenny had about 4 THs to every 1 of Heathers THs. How many times did Bethenny call Heather names, how many times did she say that Heather crossed the line in something she said but never said that to Heathers face? So many times that I lost count! LOL Again, with the THs, we do not know what was actually asked by the producer to get any HW to say what they did or even if that answer applies to the scene we just watched. The producers are trying to sell their "storyline" for each HW and the THs are the quickest way because they are the easiest to manipulate/edit IMO. The HWs are not allowed to contradict them, expand on them and they are not allowed to reveal the truth UNLESS Andy asks for further info about what they said in a TH on the reunion or on WWHL which he rarely does for good reason, he is not a supporter of the truth being known.  Some may try but most do not as they value their job/paycheck. I am not saying that Heather is innocent/perfect BUT I am saying that I do not trust TH comments at all! LOL

• Love 6

During the first half of this season, Bethenny had about 4 THs to every 1 of Heathers THs. How many times did Bethenny call Heather names, how many times did she say that Heather crossed the line in something she said but never said that to Heathers face? So many times that I lost count! LOL Again, with the THs, we do not know what was actually asked by the producer to get any HW to say what they did or even if that answer applies to the scene we just watched. The producers are trying to sell their "storyline" for each HW and the THs are the quickest way because they are the easiest to manipulate/edit IMO. The HWs are not allowed to contradict them, expand on them and they are not allowed to reveal the truth UNLESS Andy asks for further info about what they said in a TH on the reunion or on WWHL which he rarely does for good reason, he is not a supporter of the truth being known.  Some may try but most do not as they value their job/paycheck. I am not saying that Heather is innocent/perfect BUT I am saying that I do not trust TH comments at all! LOL

Even reaction shots are suspect. It seems so dishonest, of production, to allow this manipulation. It is sometimes (?) all about the drama.

And I am embarrassed to admit that the whole Turkish psychic thing kind of got to me! I allowed myself to think that those were real moments.

Then I got a grip and felt used.

• Love 5

Even reaction shots are suspect. It seems so dishonest, of production, to allow this manipulation. It is sometimes (?) all about the drama.

And I am embarrassed to admit that the whole Turkish psychic thing kind of got to me! I allowed myself to think that those were real moments.

Then I got a grip and felt used.

The dinner at Dorinda's Berkshire's home was a really good example of how reaction shots are highly edited in and out to fit the producer's narrative. 1 minute Heather is here, another she is there, all in the space of seconds according to the narrative! LOL 

• Love 6

Speaking of TH's and manipulation by the editors.  Twice we saw the same Dorinda TH when she's said that Heather preaches, not teaches.  I wonder what the original question was.

And I think Beth TH's outnumbered Heather's by more than four to one during most of the season.  Wire, I think you were being kind.  :). 

• Love 3

Speaking of TH's and manipulation by the editors.  Twice we saw the same Dorinda TH when she's said that Heather preaches, not teaches.  I wonder what the original question was.

And I think Beth TH's outnumbered Heather's by more than four to one during most of the season.  Wire, I think you were being kind.  :). 

Maybe the original question was, "does Heather teach or preach?"  When the answer contains a name it is probably a safe bet the question was directed at  specific event and person.

• Love 1

Maybe the original question was, "does Heather teach or preach?"  When the answer contains a name it is probably a safe bet the question was directed at  specific event and person.

I think the "preach or teach" deal is Dorinda's and probably something she said and they followed up on. She has said it in her blog more than once also. This seems to be her thing about Heather. She usually makes this accusation against Heather right before or after preaching at someone either in her TH, her blog, or on Twitter about someone else, which makes it all kinds of crazy. 

• Love 10

I checked out the Yummy site and I think I might be too big in the waist right now to buy the jeans, but it's a goal! I want allll the Yummies.

Try HSN. They carry YT in larger sizes.

I saw some weird editing during the f word dinner.

Too much manipulation of scenes going on. I've had to learn not to take these shows too seriously which means I can't over think them. It's easier, for me, to comment and snark on what is presented and my perception of it. If I start to think about how this dinner was edited...well, then that dinner probably was too. And she was really responding to THIS in her TH but they edited it to make it seem like she was responding to THAT. Oy. Too much work for my little head that nobody even bothered to kiss today.

O/T....The Mr. and I took our son to tour some college campuses last week. Found myself distracted and thinking of you guys during one of the presentations: an admissions directors at MSU wears pantyhose. And it was 90 degrees outside.

• Love 5

Too much manipulation of scenes going on. I've had to learn not to take these shows too seriously which means I can't over think them. It's easier, for me, to comment and snark on what is presented and my perception of it. If I start to think about how this dinner was edited...well, then that dinner probably was too. And she was really responding to THIS in her TH but they edited it to make it seem like she was responding to THAT. Oy. Too much work for my little head that nobody even bothered to kiss today.

O/T....The Mr. and I took our son to tour some college campuses last week. Found myself distracted and thinking of you guys during one of the presentations: an admissions directors at MSU wears pantyhose. And it was 90 degrees outside.

Hey you need to back that shit up. It's our job as posters here to analyze the fuck out of every scene. :-D
  • Love 5

Hey you need to back that shit up. It's our job as posters here to analyze the fuck out of every scene. :-D

LOL.  Beep beep beep.  Backing it up, mama.

I'd much rather analyze their lives via the shizz they put out on their social media.  Watching the show and trying to figure out what really happened is hard. Then, I start wondering WHY the editors want me to perceive something a certain way.  I can't.  I CANNNNN'T!

Like someone said upthread, I feel so used.

• Love 3
(edited)

I took a hiatus from RHONY after season 4 because I just couldn't deal with them any more.  But I came back this season, in part because of Bethenny (i didn't watch her solo, but loved her in group dynamics).  So this is the first time I've watched Heather, Carole and Kristen.  Based on this season alone, I liked Heather, couldn't stand Carole and was "meh" on Kristen (who?).

For the life of me I couldn't figure out WHY bethenny was so anti-Heather.  She seemed like a nice enough chick, in the limited role she has played.  Then I binge watched Seasons 5-6 this past week and my Heather crush increased tenfold. But now I totally get B's venom toward Heather.  At the season 6 finale, Ramona said that she and heather were the head roosters (or something like that).  I'm sure B is not a fan of that thinking - you know "the B is back".   I wish Bethenny would get over herself.

Edited by jennypenny
  • Love 7

LOL.  Beep beep beep.  Backing it up, mama.

I'd much rather analyze their lives via the shizz they put out on their social media.  Watching the show and trying to figure out what really happened is hard. Then, I start wondering WHY the editors want me to perceive something a certain way.  I can't.  I CANNNNN'T!

Like someone said upthread, I feel so used.

Yes I agree. The scenes are so manipulated, so who knows what really happened. So arguing over the minutia of every scene is mind numbing for me.

Do you watch Million Dollar Listing? The newest one, San Francisco, is including some production in the talking heads. It's so refreshing. I'm kind of hoping this will be the new direction of "Reality" shows. Show us the sausage making and enough already with the mind fucks.

• Love 5

Yes I agree. The scenes are so manipulated, so who knows what really happened. So arguing over the minutia of every scene is mind numbing for me.

Do you watch Million Dollar Listing? The newest one, San Francisco, is including some production in the talking heads. It's so refreshing. I'm kind of hoping this will be the new direction of "Reality" shows. Show us the sausage making and enough already with the mind fucks.

Leah Remini's show on TLC shows the camera men and producers. Leah talks to them all the time. It's a funny show.

• Love 5