Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

Her kids and her charities are pretty big exceptions, I think.

I recently watched the St. Barth's episodes from season 5 and it struck me how well the group got along before Aviva showed up. Heather was a good sport about breaking her nose.

And what a fine time the group had at Saratoga.

There was also a time when she and Luann really seemed to enjoy each other. Wasn't it Lu getting pushed in the swing at Heather's place in the Berkshires?

Edited by stinkogingko
  • Love 2

I think that Heather laughs and she does have a sense of humor, but she's Just. Not. Funny. When she cracks a joke, I'm never inclined to laugh. She cracks terrible mom/dad jokes like "bye bye Felicia." My mom would try that joke and I would roll my eyes so hard they'd pop out of my head, come up as snake eyes in Vegas, and I'd be a millionaire.

• Love 6

I think that Heather laughs and she does have a sense of humor, but she's Just. Not. Funny. When she cracks a joke, I'm never inclined to laugh. She cracks terrible mom/dad jokes like "bye bye Felicia." My mom would try that joke and I would roll my eyes so hard they'd pop out of my head, come up as snake eyes in Vegas, and I'd be a millionaire.

I agree, Heather laughs but is bad at telling jokes and IMO, that is not that uncommon. LOL

• Love 7

I agree, Heather laughs but is bad at telling jokes and IMO, that is not that uncommon. LOL

It's so true. Heather coined the Singer Stinger, but hardly any of the wives and I'd speculate the viewers remember that. It's funny and witty in a way that Heather rarely is. Truly funny people need to be really unselfconscious and I don't think that Heather can be.

• Love 4

Thanks, talula! I'll give ya that she's a smiley lil thing but I still don't sense a sense of humor.

Sense of humor is always something up for grabs. What I find funny might not work for others. She imo is a funny woman. Let's be real here Ryebread, you dislike Heather so not finding her funny isn't a stretch for you. That doesn't mean She is joyless. We both see her in different ways, that's ok.
  • Love 7

It's so true. Heather coined the Singer Stinger, but hardly any of the wives and I'd speculate the viewers remember that. It's funny and witty in a way that Heather rarely is. Truly funny people need to be really unselfconscious and I don't think that Heather can be.

Wasn't Luann the first one to use Singer Stinger?

Sense of humor is always something up for grabs. What I find funny might not work for others. She imo is a funny woman. Let's be real here Ryebread, you dislike Heather so not finding her funny isn't a stretch for you. That doesn't mean She is joyless. We both see her in different ways, that's ok.

Naw. I dislike Bethenny probably more than Heather but SHE can be funny. Not all the time. But at least I can think of a few times she made me laugh. Heather, not once. Maybe I'm forgetting an instance in which she caused me (or anyone) a good laugh. Or even a giggle. I honestly can't think of one.

Using your logic, because I dislike Heather I would probably find Heather physically unattractive - because that is also an attribute that is up for grabs/subjective. But I don't. I think she can be very attractive - when she's not squinching up her nose and using it to talk down to people.

ETA: FWIW, I never said she was joyless.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

Naw. I dislike Bethenny probably more than Heather but SHE can be funny. Not all the time. But at least I can think of a few times she made me laugh. Heather, not once. Maybe I'm forgetting an instance in which she caused me (or anyone) a good laugh. Or even a giggle. I honestly can't think of one.

Using you logic, because I dislike Heather I would probably find Heather physically attractive - because that is also an attribute that is up for grabs/subjective. But I don't. I think she can be very attractive - when she's not squinching up her nose and using it to talk down to people.

Okay my logic was just that we saw things differently. And that made sense to me. I saw Heather as funny.

I understand looks are also up for grabs /subjective, but I'm just going by your posts. Teeth baring sharks seem unattractive, to most. I get it though. You simply find her humorless. That's fine. I'm not fighting you on that.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

I understand looks are also up for grabs /subjective, but I'm just going by your posts. Teeth baring sharks seem unattractive, to most. I get it though. You simply find her humorless. That's fine. I'm not fighting you on that.

When she's phony-smiling I think of Bruce the Shark.  I can not lie.  But when she smiles like this:

heather_thomson_getty-300x300.jpg Pretty.  See?

It is so interesting how we can all see the ladies so differently. The last word I would associate with Heather is humorless. True, she doesn't possess Beth's quick wit, but how many people do? She is quick to laugh and seems to be on the prowl for fun. As we all know, Beth is not one to give Heather a lot of props, but in one of her blogs she said that Heather, Lu and Sonja are absolutely the funnest girls in their group.

Speaking of fun, here is another clip from T&C. I am assuming it came before the "you didn't wait for me to walk into the restaurant" or the "fuck you" dinner, and Dorinda seemed more than fine with Heather (they all seemed fine with each other). Still waiting to understand what Dorinda's ultimate problem with Heather is/was.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-713/videos?clip=2877996

• Love 7

It is so interesting how we can all see the ladies so differently. The last word I would associate with Heather is humorless. True, she doesn't possess Beth's quick wit, but how many people do? She is quick to laugh and seems to be on the prowl for fun. As we all know, Beth is not one to give Heather a lot of props, but in one of her blogs she said that Heather, Lu and Sonja are absolutely the funnest girls in their group.

Speaking of fun, here is another clip from T&C. I am assuming it came before the "you didn't wait for me to walk into the restaurant" or the "fuck you" dinner, and Dorinda seemed more than fine with Heather (they all seemed fine with each other). Still waiting to understand what Dorinda's ultimate problem with Heather is/was.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-713/videos?clip=2877996

. I don't mean to say that Heather never laughs or never has fun, what I mean is that she doesn't seem to know how to be funny, and she takes herself way too seriously. I agree with Dorinda that Heather is very preachy and condescending. Humorless in my eyes.
  • Love 2

. I don't mean to say that Heather never laughs or never has fun, what I mean is that she doesn't seem to know how to be funny, and she takes herself way too seriously. I agree with Dorinda that Heather is very preachy and condescending. Humorless in my eyes.

You mean you agree with the woman that "preached" to Heather about "how to properly enter a restaurant" and "To never say the F word in Europe or around your mother"? The same woman that "preached"to Kristen "that she did NOT have the right to feel uncomfortable" when John began to rub his junk against Kristen? That woman? LOL

• Love 12

You mean you agree with the woman that "preached" to Heather about "how to properly enter a restaurant" and "To never say the F word in Europe or around your mother"? The same woman that "preached"to Kristen "that she did NOT have the right to feel uncomfortable" when John began to rub his junk against Kristen? That woman? LOL

Being a hypocrite doesn't mean she isn't totally right about Heather. Maybe it takes one to know one.

• Love 1

That's a great clip. Joyless and humorless Heather seems to be having a great time. I should add they all seemed to be having a great time. I mean, even though Heather is a far better athlete ;)

I don't think we'll ever know what Dorinda's deal is with Heather. I don't think Heather even knows. I have my suspensions that Dorinda was very influenced by Lu. Seeing Beth shut down Heather over and over, also influenced Dorinda imo. I just don't really think Dorinda is a great person, so imo, Heather was for an easy target. And a way to get in good with what she thought was the winning team. Of course this is all my opinion.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

Of course Heather was having a great time, the long jump was her best sport!! (But I'm totally sure she was amazing in all of her other sports as well. Holla!!)

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

To me, Heather just seems more controlled than the others.

Perhaps to protect her business interests?

Or to maybe not look like a sex-crazed, humorless, alcoholic boor with an always ready off-color comment?

Maybe in her attempts to not be the reality-tv joke she has over compensated.

• Love 4

To me, Heather just seems more controlled than the others.

Perhaps to protect her business interests?

Or to maybe not look like a sex-crazed, humorless, alcoholic boor with an always ready off-color comment?

Maybe in her attempts to not be the reality-tv joke she has over compensated.

I don't think Heather has ever understood she's supposed to be playing a character.

• Love 5

Sad she's going. Totally understand why. Sometimes the monkeys just don't wanna dance. I'll miss her. Fuck you Bravo, you couldn't even give us a final season you petty bitches.

You kicked ass, mama. Eff the haters. Holla!

• Love 15

Interesting tidbit from an article about who is returning and who isn't. "Heather reportedly feuded with producers over allowing her marital issues to become part of the show. As a result of Heather refusing to play ball, almost her entire storyline was scrapped. " http://www.realitytea.com/2015/09/08/bethenny-frankel-already-signed-contract-real-housewives-of-new-york-season-8-else-will-return/

In light of the discussion Heather started with Ramona about divorce and Heather and Jonathan fighting, and the information posted here about his presence basically being erased from her social media, I find this very interesting.

I did notice that Heather was basically absent from the Secrets Revealed episode, but producers did manage to show what looked like her and Jonathan bickering on their way into the anniversary party. Then Jonathan looking like a wounded puppy. Hmmmmm.

In other news, bye Felicia!

• Love 3

In light of the discussion Heather started with Ramona about divorce and Heather and Jonathan fighting, and the information posted here about his presence basically being erased from her social media, I find this very interesting.

What episode was that, please?  Are you talking about at the Eff Dinner?  Because her marriage was brought up again, ever so briefly, a couple epis ago and I'm trying to remember the conversation.

I also thought it odd that the one last time Bravo showed Jonathon was him looking kind of alone and troubled at the party.

And yeah, he looks okay in the picture above and I know y'all think I'm just waiting for the papers to be filed (I'm really NOT!) but all I see is Jonathon turned away from Heather.....

I'm sorry to see her go.

• Love 4

It was the dinner that Dorinda got pissed that Heather snapped at her when they were walking in to the restaurant....Heather brought up to Ramona that she and Jonathan were discussing Ramona/Mario and their own fighting. It raised some questions...for me, at least.

...and all I can see in that pic is that stupid fucking hat.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

I'm sad but not surprised about the marriage rumors. I've been thinking something seemed off about their union for about a year, when she took "wife of Jonathon" off her social media bios, and he vanished from her Twitter and Instagram feed for months.

I love Heather, but I didn't like how she talked to Jonathon at Luann's party back at the start of season six. I wrote that off to a bad day in a long relationship, and certainly the stuff around their 10th anniversary and how she rallied to support him in Montana, spoke of mutual respect.

I think she's a good person but to be honest I'm not sure this show was good for her (has it ever been good for anyone, really? Has anyone ever become a better person after being a Real Housewife?). I hope that getting out of the spotlight helps her family. I really would like them to be happy.

I also feel like distance has arisen between her and Carole. Carole gave a loyal quote today but they've been off each other's feeds for a while, and they used to go back and forth all the time. Something is going on with Heather and I hope it all works out.

PS and don't even get me started on her gross quotes in defense of Josh. Yuck.

• Love 3

Heather's quote about the forced drama. . . she will always have her Scarlett O'Hara moment.  Of all things for the producers to leave in is Ramona describing the naked man calmly having breakfast before leaving and Heather stuck with the big show for the cameras.  I am sure that left a rather rancid taste in her mouth and Bethenny getting the one liners.

It would not surprise me to learn she and Jonathon go their separate ways.  Fingers crossed it works out for them.

• Love 1

Well I'm sad. Not surprised, because the rumors were backed up by a lot of signs these past few weeks or months, but I'm still sad it's official. I'll miss her, and her friendship with Carole, but her absence also makes me worry about Bethenny's power on the show going unchecked. Heather's the only one who didn't seem intimidated by Bethenny.

• Love 14

Possessing a sense of humor is different from being an apt 'comedienne'.

That's a great clip. Joyless and humorless Heather seems to be having a great time. I should add they all seemed to be having a great time. I mean, even though Heather is a far better athlete ;)

I don't think we'll ever know what Dorinda's deal is with Heather. I don't think Heather even knows. I have my suspensions that Dorinda was very influenced by Lu. Seeing Beth shut down Heather over and over, also influenced Dorinda imo. I just don't really think Dorinda is a great person, so imo, Heather was for an easy target. And a way to get in good with what she thought was the winning team. Of course this is all my opinion.

And, I opine the same.

• Love 4

Interesting tidbit from an article about who is returning and who isn't. "Heather reportedly feuded with producers over allowing her marital issues to become part of the show. As a result of Heather refusing to play ball, almost her entire storyline was scrapped. " http://www.realitytea.com/2015/09/08/bethenny-frankel-already-signed-contract-real-housewives-of-new-york-season-8-else-will-return/

I did notice that Heather was basically absent from the Secrets Revealed episode, but producers did manage to show what looked like her and Jonathan bickering on their way into the anniversary party. Then Jonathan looking like a wounded puppy. Hmmmmm.

In other news, bye Felicia!

And here I was thinking I couldn't love her more. I had started to think that the lure of fame was enough to make all these HW's put their personal business on blast no matter the harm it might bring to their families. Anything for a storyline and all that. I always knew she was different, and yes, superior to the rest. Glad to know it's true. It's interesting that Bravo believes that the only thing we would find interesting about a woman is her problems with her man. Actually, it's insulting. This might have just cured me of my HW addiction.

• Love 17

I didn't realize there were any rumors about marriage troubles. Hopefully leaving this show will give her enough space for them to work on any issues they are having. No reality show is worth a marriage. I actually liked her in her first season but now I just find her rather annoying (but occasional still likeable) so I guess it is the perfect time to leave. I would have rather it had been Carole though.

• Love 3

*sad face*  Hopefully she'll still make an appearance from time to time with Carol. 

While I'm selfishly sad for me that she won't be on my TV, I'm happy for her that she won't be forced to interact with the lunatics known as Ramonya, Lu, and Dorinda.  And the know-it-all known as Bethenny.   

• Love 8

She wasn't my favorite, but I really liked how this entire cast worked together so I'm ultimately sad to see her opt out (even though the article says it was mutual, I tend to believe she checked out first). 

I didn't know anything about her marriage rumors or backstage drama over whether it should appear on the show.  I'm torn about that.  On the one hand, I'm not looking for another OC Shannon putting on a strange little show that's somehow incredibly fake and way too real (imho), and I wouldn't expect Heather to sell out her marriage.  On the other, you can't just hop on to a reality show (any of them, really) and expect to pimp your brand without getting a little dirty in the process.  It's called a trade-off.  Plus it's Bravo- by the time she'd signed on it was pretty clear this is a network specializing in the Women Fighting reality television sub-genre.  You're renting yourself, you should be prepared to put it out there.  Or, opt out sooner.

To be fair to her, though, I've not heard/read her complain about anything.  It's all "sources" with an unknown connection to reality.

• Love 3

One less infomercial with Heather leaving-no more Yummie Tummie.  I don't think Bethenny wanted YT competing for time with her Skinny Girl.  Now every scene can have Skinny Girl in it.  I do think Heather got as much mileage and exposure for her product as she could expect to from RHONYC. 

Andy, the Petty Pretentious Prick, and his maniacally malicious and manipulative 'mob' are dastardly dipshits. Thank goodness, Heather is leaving this Hellish Hearth with a single saluting middle fingered final and hearty, "Holla Ho's!" to the Posse of Prancing Pampered Poseurs.

----

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 8

One less infomercial with Heather leaving-no more Yummie Tummie.  I don't think Bethenny wanted YT competing for time with her Skinny Girl.  Now every scene can have Skinny Girl in it.  I do think Heather got as much mileage and exposure for her product as she could expect to from RHONYC. 

Without a doubt, Heather came on the show to promote her Y line and organ donation and she did both proud IMO. That said, she in no way used the show as an "infomercial" anywhere near what Bethenny did this last season. If you count all the times Heather and the other HWs showed or talked about her Y line in the 3 years she was on the show it, would not add up to equal the amount that Bethenny talked about or showed her SG stuff in just this last season alone. LOL I never got the impression that Heather was pushing her Y line on us BUT I did get the feeling that Bethenny was shoving her SG at us ALL the time!

• Love 20