Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

(edited)

I never liked Holla's personality but I think her absence from season eight (and, to a lesser extent, that of Kristen) was a missed opportunity. It would have been interesting to see her inane defense of Josh play out on screen with her insistence that well, of *course* Josh racked up thousands of dollars in bills on Ashley Madison as a silly joke. 

I'd also like to think she would have been disgusted by Bethenny tittering about how "freaked out" Jules's mental health made her but one of Heather's worst qualities (as evidenced above) was her refusal to even minimally acknowledge the bad behavior and faults of friends like Carole.

I do feel editing did a pretty thorough hatchet job on her during her final run and that she did a remarkable job of generally remaining positive through her son's health problems. But she was her own worst enemy to that end at times with her fantasies about breaking out her scully cap and her ever intensifying exaggerations and histrionics about Ramona's trick.

I don't really recall her being that amenable with Bethenny at the end, though. I do remember them being pleasant enough at the finale party but then Bethenny sighing in exasperation toward the beginning of the reunion and Heather responding that she was just getting started - as well as Carole shushing Heather several times when she began to criticize Bethenny during the ensuing marathon discussion. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

I never liked Holla's personality but I think her absence from season eight (and, to a lesser extent, that of Kristen) was a missed opportunity. It would have been interesting to see her inane defense of Josh play out on screen with her insistence that well, of *course* Josh racked up thousands of dollars in bills on Ashley Madison as a silly joke. 

I'd also like to think she would have been disgusted by Bethenny tittering about how "freaked out" Jules's mental health made her but one of Heather's worst qualities (as evidenced above) was her refusal to even minimally acknowledge the bad behavior and faults of friends like Carole.

I do feel editing did a pretty thorough hatchet job on her during her final run and that she did a remarkable job of generally remaining positive through her son's health problems. But she was her own worst enemy to that end at times with her fantasies about breaking out her scully cap and her ever intensifying exaggerations and histrionics about Ramona's trick.

I don't really recall her being that amenable with Bethenny at the end, though. I do remember them being pleasant enough at the finale party but then Bethenny sighing in exasperation toward the beginning of the reunion and Heather responding that she was just getting started - as well as Carole shushing Heather several times when she began to criticize Bethenny during the ensuing marathon discussion. 

Oh, thank goodness I'm not alone! I thought I was the only one. She even admitted to coming on the show with the purpose to use the viewers to increase sales (at least she was honest?). Though I did get a kick out of her chasing Ramona around that party with her Cheshire Cat grin, for no better reason than she knew it annoyed the heck out of her (ok, and she did NOT like the flirtatious banter Heather and Mario were exchanging,...hmmmm,....we knew Heather wasn't going anywhere with it, but I've always wondered about Mario's intentions/expectations.

IMO, with Bethenny, it was a battle of the know-it-alls.  No one was going to win that battle, but pass the popcorn, 'cause you KNOW it's going to be entertaining. ...talk about one-uppers,...To her credit, Heather knows how to be polite and civil -regardless of blatantly violating Dorinda's "everyone enters the restaurant together" rule.  I don't think that she could be pushed to the level of the slut bashing Bethenny gave Luann, she just doesn't seem the type, even with all the other stress (Jax health, law suits,..) that she's under.  She seems a lot more appreciative of what she has, and just calmer and less dramatic overall.  If I had to choose between the 2, I'd definitely pick Heather.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

I don't think Heather would have defended Josh in the AM scandal, she would have sided with Kristen, I just don't see Heather condoning cheating. BUT, I could see her follow whatever Kristen wanted/needed her to do/say about it.

I agree, I also think she would have been upset/angry about how Bethenny/Carole treated Jules. Heather did try to get Carole to make amends with Aviva and she told Carole that she went too far with Aviva as well (beach dinner). 

5 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Oh, thank goodness I'm not alone! I thought I was the only one. She even admitted to coming on the show with the purpose to use the viewers to increase sales (at least she was honest?). Though I did get a kick out of her chasing Ramona around that party with her Cheshire Cat grin, for no better reason than she knew it annoyed the heck out of her (ok, and she did NOT like the flirtatious banter Heather and Mario were exchanging,...hmmmm,....we knew Heather wasn't going anywhere with it, but I've always wondered about Mario's intentions/expectations.

IMO, with Bethenny, it was a battle of the know-it-alls.  No one was going to win that battle, but pass the popcorn, 'cause you KNOW it's going to be entertaining. ...talk about one-uppers,...To her credit, Heather knows how to be polite and civil -regardless of blatantly violating Dorinda's "everyone enters the restaurant together" rule.  I don't think that she could be pushed to the level of the slut bashing Bethenny gave Luann, she just doesn't seem the type, even with all the other stress (Jax health, law suits,..) that she's under.  She seems a lot more appreciative of what she has, and just calmer and less dramatic overall.  If I had to choose between the 2, I'd definitely pick Heather.

Heather had 2 reasons for coming on the show, the second being her Yummie sales but first, the most important, was her talking out about the importance of Organ Donation.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

One of my favorite clips was the Josh/Heather name dropping scene:   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/videos/heather-and-joshs-name-dropping-double-date  The look on Kristen's face.  Kristen who didn't attend the parties as an employee just sat there and all the while one of her BFF's is Bruce Willis wife and she was along each step of the way for their wedding in the Caribbean. 

I thought Kristen, not that there was much of a chance did the right thing by not coming back after the Ashley Madison thing.  Of course Kristen never made an issue of the Josh and Bethenny hook ups.  Nor did Heather. 

Heather's biggest real life issues were her failed run at Spanx their alleged copyright infringement of a tank top and the court being noticed it was going to be used as a storyline.  (Heather mentioned it briefly.)  The other issue she was having was with her business partner.  He was not wanting their company to be used on the show and worse for Heather she had not been paid in 18 months from their company.  Talk about brutal and torturous.

Heather definitely got a far less favorable edit than Bethenny.  I don't recall them Bethenny and Heather really ever bonding more like tolerating one another.

• Love 5

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

On 7/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Oh, thank goodness I'm not alone! I thought I was the only one. She even admitted to coming on the show with the purpose to use the viewers to increase sales (at least she was honest?).

But what is wrong with coming on for this purpose? 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But what is wrong with coming on for this purpose? 

I would say that if they are promoting a brand then they are more likely to be fake and try and be constantly on their best behavior and not bring the drama. But then there's Bethenny so that theory goes out the window. Plus, I don't think viewers enjoy the infomercial aspect they can bring.

• Love 3
Just now, Ki-in said:

I would say that if they are promoting a brand then they are more likely to be fake and try and be constantly on their best behavior and not bring the drama. But then there's Bethenny so that theory goes out the window. Plus, I don't think viewers enjoy the infomercial aspect they can bring.

I would say most everyone who has ever had any business to promote on this show has helped to dispel that theory. 

It's funny because someone on the Memory Lane Thread was talking about how much the gals were jockeying for attention and notice for their ventures in the early seasons. On this franchise more than the others, most had something they were trying to promote or advance, and they were unapologetic about doing so. It was so much about their individual branding in the early seasons. Everyone was busy and had something going on (well, except for Lu). Now it is so much the opposite. 

• Love 7
(edited)

HWs have been shilling their product since the early days of the franchise. Vicki and Jeana were mentioning their businesses since day 1. And Jill and Ramona were mentioning their respective businesses since season 1 of their show.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
On 7/7/2017 at 6:24 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

Oh, that was a hard season. What to do when two of your favorite HW's have friction? I did not like the way that Bethenny reacted to Heather when she came on. I was completely bummed. But as the season moved on and their relationship changed, it seemed really organic to me. I never got the Heather hate here and on another forum I visit (Vulture). So many people didn't like her right from the beginning, and I loved her immediately. But she was polarizing. So many comments about her being bossy and humorless back in the day, from her very first appearance. So she could rub people the wrong way. I didn't see it, but clearly it was there. And I think she did with Bethenny. But I loved the way Bethenny always gave her props for her business acumen, unlike HW's like Sonja and Ramona. She always respected what she did, she just got on her nerves. I liked the relationship they had at the end, and so wish we could have seen what would have happened had Heather stayed on the show. 

SAME. Love both H and B and that was really tough to take, though I get it. I also felt like it evolved in a pretty organic way and I ended up feeling much better about their relationship. I totally get why Carole is friends with them - she balances each of them out. Would love to see Heather come back - love that family photo!

• Love 6
On 7/11/2017 at 10:42 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

I would say most everyone who has ever had any business to promote on this show has helped to dispel that theory. 

It's funny because someone on the Memory Lane Thread was talking about how much the gals were jockeying for attention and notice for their ventures in the early seasons. On this franchise more than the others, most had something they were trying to promote or advance, and they were unapologetic about doing so. It was so much about their individual branding in the early seasons. Everyone was busy and had something going on (well, except for Lu). Now it is so much the opposite. 

The funniest thing about how branded everyone is that we're now suspicious when a person joins a show without seeming to have something to promote. Dorinda joined to promote John's brand. Heather Dubrow joined to kick-start her acting career and Terry's brand. Everyone was perplexed why Yolanda joined. Was it to promote King David? A wellness book about lemons? Nope. It was Hanging with the Hadids.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Nothing, you are correct.  Imo, it makes her seem less sincere because of her ulterior motive.

Heather's main motive for joining the show was not her Yummy line, it was to talk about the importance of Organ Donation. Unlike any other HW on NT, Heather was more into supporting charities than her own product/Yummy.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Nothing, you are correct.  Imo, it makes her seem less sincere because of her ulterior motive.

Everyone who submits themselves to a reality TV show has an ulterior motive. Everyone. Their motive is either to promote their business or cause, or because they are a fame whore who just wants to be on TV and is willing to put up with the intrusion on their privacy to be beamed into our living rooms.  I am kind of OK with all of it, because I am a consumer of reality TV, so I cannot be picky. The reality is that it is all ugly. You are subjecting your family and your dignity to the reality of people like Andy Cohen and editors who prefer drama over helping you keep your dignity. I tend to like the gals more that I think are subjecting themselves to all of this crap because they have a larger purpose in mind. They want to grow their brands for the long haul. That is something I can totally get. 

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Everyone who submits themselves to a reality TV show has an ulterior motive. Everyone. Their motive is either to promote their business or cause, or because they are a fame whore who just wants to be on TV and is willing to put up with the intrusion on their privacy to be beamed into our living rooms

This is such a true statement. I do agree that it is a very smart business decision to use the show to promote business.

The sad part of this is the women who get caught up in the drama component and sacrifice their friends, family, children and spouses for a shot at fame, a few extra Instagram followers, additional social media exposure that puts their family/extended out there for public ridicule. 

By getting caught up in the drama component I mean when women begin to lie, exaggerate or create drama to draw attention to themselves or their family in order to increase public attention.  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

This is such a true statement. I do agree that it is a very smart business decision to use the show to promote business.

The sad part of this is the women who get caught up in the drama component and sacrifice their friends, family, children and spouses for a shot at fame, a few extra Instagram followers, additional social media exposure that puts their family/extended out there for public ridicule. 

By getting caught up in the drama component I mean when women begin to lie, exaggerate or create drama to draw attention to themselves or their family in order to increase public attention.  

Which is why Heather chose to leave the show when she did. She put her family and her business first. 

• Love 6
Just now, WireWrap said:

Which is why Heather chose to leave the show when she did. She put her family and her business first. 

Yes she did and I very much respect this about her.

2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny could  benefit from taking a page out of the Book of Heather.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Yes she did and I very much respect this about her.

Bethenny could  benefit from taking a page out of the Book of Heather.

For every new potential customer there is the chance you chase away someone who may have bought you r product based just on the product and was turned off by the founder's persona. 

Heather had little choice she and her business partner were at odds, she was really vested in to a positive uplifting charity than in no way fits in with RHONYC and the producers didn't give a rip about all her training.  And she would have to continue to deal with Bethenny.

• Love 1

Bethenny and Heather's situations are different, Bethenny is doing her own thing via the show and it seems to be working for her.

Given that Heather and Bethenny seemed to be getting along towards the the end of Heather's final season; for all we know, that could have continued.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/12/2017 at 11:27 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

Everyone who submits themselves to a reality TV show has an ulterior motive. Everyone. Their motive is either to promote their business or cause, or because they are a fame whore who just wants to be on TV and is willing to put up with the intrusion on their privacy to be beamed into our living rooms. 

I don't think being a fame whore is an ulterior motive. That's right up front; put the cameras on me, I thirst for attention.  Thinking you're there to promote your business and not roll in reality tv shit  -- that's an ulterior motive, imo. That's claiming one reason for jumping into the naked wrestling jello vat that is reality tv, while holding yourself above and beyond; all just for promotion, doncha know. Which: pfft. Ether do the thing or don't; pretending it's some great marketing tactic makes you look a fool.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, film noire said:

I don't think being a fame whore is an ulterior motive. That's right up front; put the cameras on me, I thirst for attention.  Thinking you're there to promote your business and not roll in reality tv shit  -- that's an ulterior motive, imo. That's claiming one reason for jumping into the naked wrestling jello vat that is reality tv, while holding yourself above and beyond; all just for promotion, doncha know. Which: pfft. Ether do the thing or don't; pretending it's some great marketing tactic makes you look a fool.

But are there a lot of examples of folks who come on the show to promote their various enterprises where we don't know that? Does anyone believe that they came on and didn't hope the increased visibility would help them? Or that we think they are hoping it will hurt their brand? On this show, the main gals who had things to promote over the years - I am thinking about Heather, Bethenny and maybe initially Ramona - certainly didn't hold back on who they were to make themselves appear more likable. They were all pretty honest about the fact that this was about business for them. They never - to my recollection - held back on the drama because they wanted to be liked by anyone. Heather came on right from the beginning and was very clear. Her most dramatic moment - right from the start - was to not invite Ramona to London because she said it was all about business and she didn't want her ignorant ass around to make her look bad. It is easy to look back and not realize what a big thing that was. She was going after Ramona, something that hadn't been done in that way before. She interviewed at the time that she was unwilling to back down - and would not accept any pressure either from Ramona or from Bravo - to cave on doing her business trip the way that she wanted to do it. She also said that Bravo gave her no pressure. Some people may watch and be unaware that this is what these gals are doing, but that is not the fault of the HW's who are being open about it. 

• Love 3

December 2016

18644972_1830169213969779_31837577664475

Heather helped her friend Tommie Copper products launched on Evine. Product already existed and this was just another way to reach another customer base. Heather was on December 16th to talk about her passion and love for the brand that makes comfortable compression product.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Heather in her own words why she joined RHONYC:  It has nothing to do with charity-she needed the money and marketing.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/seamuskirst/2016/01/04/why-businesswoman-heather-thomson-said-yes-to-joining-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/#304b4e584018

I thought she fulfilled the producers' goal to have a real New Yorker business woman. 

Funny, she has talked about why she joined before and claimed it was to up Organ Donation awareness as her first reason and second was her business. Maybe she concentrated on the business end in this interview because it was for a business magazine? Either way, both are important to her and I like how she balanced her life on the show.

• Love 3
Just now, WireWrap said:

Funny, she has talked about why she joined before and claimed it was to up Organ Donation awareness as her first reason and second was her business. Maybe she concentrated on the business end in this interview because it was for a business magazine? Either way, both are important to her and I like how she balanced her life on the show.

Well I can't change her words, and I will say this, the producers weren't looking for a cause to promote as there are probably 9,000 or so charities out there that all want exposure.

I appreciated Heathers candor, in that she said the producers were looking to perhaps replace the entire cast, it was a cold call, and she had the gravitas to be considered a businesswoman.  The show had lost Bethenny her spin off was winding down.  Just last month the producers were speaking to how it was an error to replace so many cast members. 

I would hope Heather, who is revered by many does not have situational ethics for interviews.  It was a pretty straightforward question.  The show was able to round out her personality and family life.  I do believe Heather was the first RH who had a child with severe health issues.  I always thought she was very positive in her portrayal of her child's struggles.  I think it says more about her that she took the opportunity and part of the trade-off was she was better able to support her son.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Well I can't change her words, and I will say this, the producers weren't looking for a cause to promote as there are probably 9,000 or so charities out there that all want exposure.

I appreciated Heathers candor, in that she said the producers were looking to perhaps replace the entire cast, it was a cold call, and she had the gravitas to be considered a businesswoman.  The show had lost Bethenny her spin off was winding down.  Just last month the producers were speaking to how it was an error to replace so many cast members. 

I would hope Heather, who is revered by many does not have situational ethics for interviews.  It was a pretty straightforward question.  The show was able to round out her personality and family life.  I do believe Heather was the first RH who had a child with severe health issues.  I always thought she was very positive in her portrayal of her child's struggles.  I think it says more about her that she took the opportunity and part of the trade-off was she was better able to support her son.

I don't think she has "situational ethics for interviews", I think it may be more that Jax was having issues when she spoke about OD in interviews and then when she gave the interview for Forbes, it was based around her business, not around Jax's problems. I have no problem with both OD/Jax and Yummy both being important to her. I wouldn't expect her to talk about Yummie in a health magazine interview on the the importance of OD any more than I would expect her to talk about Jax's liver transplant in a Forbes interview about Yummy/business.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think she has "situational ethics for interviews", I think it may be more that Jax was having issues when she spoke about OD in interviews and then when she gave the interview for Forbes, it was based around her business, not around Jax's problems. I have no problem with both OD/Jax and Yummy both being important to her. I wouldn't expect her to talk about Yummie in a health magazine interview on the the importance of OD any more than I would expect her to talk about Jax's liver transplant in a Forbes interview about Yummy/business.

See I don't think if Heather was asked the exact same question by another magazine she would change her answer.   I found her very straightforward. The question from Forbes stands. She was recounting the offer and her state of mind at the time she accepted.  She indicated why the producers called her and why she took the job.  That is not to say that once she was given the platform she did not use it to promote organ donor awareness.  She was clear-marketing opportunity for a fledgling company struggling to meet payroll and legal fees.  It is a quality in Heather that is admirable.  Never once on the show did she show signs of struggle with her company.  (Of course Maidenform did pay out $5 million dollars to her company.)  She was always positive about it being a success.

I just think it goes to the question why these women do the show.  Heather's was obviously initially financially driven.  It seems it works, of all the products and books the RH have collectively produced I find Heather's gets the most traction and I don't recall ever reading a negative review on this site from anyone about her products. 

I always felt bad for Heather that somehow she was relegated to a second class businesswoman status when Bethenny returned.  I found Heather's story of building her business every bit as compelling as Bethenny's and since she actually produces the product and directly provides the jobs and apparently designs a great deal of the product.  I thought she had some clever marketing ideas with the Denim and Diamonds support she gave Kristen and my very favorite was during the "cool, uncool" scene Heather had the presence of mind (after the fact) to mention Luann was wearing her product.  So win or lose the argument she won by having the often shown scene in her product. 

• Love 2

I agree that her answer is very straightforward, which makes sense - Heather is very straightforward which is one of the reasons I like her. Personally, I could not care less why any of these women joined a reality show. I don't need them to have some "better" reason than someone else. They joined; I watch - thanks, ladies. Lord knows, I wouldn't do it.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

See I don't think if Heather was asked the exact same question by another magazine she would change her answer.   I found her very straightforward. The question from Forbes stands. She was recounting the offer and her state of mind at the time she accepted.  She indicated why the producers called her and why she took the job.  That is not to say that once she was given the platform she did not use it to promote organ donor awareness.  She was clear-marketing opportunity for a fledgling company struggling to meet payroll and legal fees.  It is a quality in Heather that is admirable.  Never once on the show did she show signs of struggle with her company.  (Of course Maidenform did pay out $5 million dollars to her company.)  She was always positive about it being a success.

I just think it goes to the question why these women do the show.  Heather's was obviously initially financially driven.  It seems it works, of all the products and books the RH have collectively produced I find Heather's gets the most traction and I don't recall ever reading a negative review on this site from anyone about her products. 

I always felt bad for Heather that somehow she was relegated to a second class businesswoman status when Bethenny returned.  I found Heather's story of building her business every bit as compelling as Bethenny's and since she actually produces the product and directly provides the jobs and apparently designs a great deal of the product.  I thought she had some clever marketing ideas with the Denim and Diamonds support she gave Kristen and my very favorite was during the "cool, uncool" scene Heather had the presence of mind (after the fact) to mention Luann was wearing her product.  So win or lose the argument she won by having the often shown scene in her product. 

Heather talked about this on WWHL with Andy (a couple of time), she told him about joining to bring awareness to OD long before she did that interview in Forbes. This is what I am basing my statement on, not on an interview she gave right before she quit the show. I guess I also didn't consider Yummy a fledgling company either as she was already selling her line on HSN about a year before she was asked to do the show (I already owned some of her line by the time she joined). So, I think she had 2 equally important reasons to join the show, Yummy and OD. 

I do agree, that she was shown as the lesser business woman after Bethenny came back even though Heather started Yummy well before the HW job came along and she was success with it but I'm not sure Bethenny would have a business, let alone one as successful as it is, without the HW show.

• Love 3

I was watching an old episode and it occurred to me that I don't think we've ever seen Heather's NYC home.  Am I wrong about that? Did they really never film in her home? I love her Berkshires home, wonder what her NYC digs look like.

• Love 1
On 8/13/2019 at 8:49 AM, Wicked said:

I was watching an old episode and it occurred to me that I don't think we've ever seen Heather's NYC home.  Am I wrong about that? Did they really never film in her home? I love her Berkshires home, wonder what her NYC digs look like.

I'm almost positive her building wouldn't allow filming, but I couldn't tell you where I heard that.

• Love 6
On 7/11/2017 at 10:27 AM, Ki-in said:

would say that if they are promoting a brand then they are more likely to be fake and try and be constantly on their best behavior and not bring the drama. But then there's Bethenny so that theory goes out the window. Plus, I don't think viewers enjoy the infomercial aspect they can bring.

Browsing on a lazy night and got a kick out of the oldie above. Especially the part about  “viewers don’t enjoy the informercial aspect,”. Oh ho ho were we ever wrong - or does Bravo not give a good gosh durn about viewer opinions — hyping recently released feature movies in 2019, for cryin’ loud out??? Ha! 

10 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I'm almost positive her building wouldn't allow filming, but I couldn't tell you where I heard that.

I agree.  She had no problem filming at their house in the Berkshires. 

I miss Heather.  She wasn't afraid of Beth.  And Beth looked like a fool when she told Heather she should get into Athleticwear.  Guess Beth didn't look at the goody bag that Heather gave her in Turks yet.

• Love 15
On 8/19/2019 at 10:48 PM, breezy424 said:

I miss Heather.  She wasn't afraid of Beth.  And Beth looked like a fool when she told Heather she should get into Athleticwear.  Guess Beth didn't look at the goody bag that Heather gave her in Turks yet.

My first thought when I read the Variety article re Bethenny leaving was PLEEEZE bring back Heather!

• Love 11
On 8/19/2019 at 10:14 PM, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Browsing on a lazy night and got a kick out of the oldie above. Especially the part about  “viewers don’t enjoy the informercial aspect,”. Oh ho ho were we ever wrong - or does Bravo not give a good gosh durn about viewer opinions — hyping recently released feature movies in 2019, for cryin’ loud out??? Ha! 

These new infomercials where a RH is having a conversation about whatever are really annoying and should have a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen "paid endorsement"

• Love 2
On 11/2/2019 at 7:32 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

The racial composition of the cast was not diverse for the entirety of her tenure, while she was using the show to promote her business.

The cast was not diverse when Heather was on the show, but I distinctly recall viewers commenting on TWoP that her parties and events always included people of color. Their anniversary party had multiple Black, Latino, and Asian friends. I can recall her trying to introduce a Black friend to one of the women. This stands in contrast to Bethenny "I'm like a Black woman because I'm loud" Frankel who had some diversity at Skinnygirl launch parties, but nothing as personal as a birthday or anniversary party like Heather did. I'm inclined to believe Heather did make recommendations.

Furthermore, is Heather expected to not take the job, fume from the sidelines, and give interviews that she was "almost" on RHoNY, but said no because there were no people of color? That would be the height of thirst even if it was motivated by principle. We'd start asking who is this fucking lady. We'd likely conclude that she auditioned, but was rejected or filmed and was fired part of the way through filming.* 

Or Heather can take the job, make recommendations to producers, and invite these same friends to the events she threw in hopes her friends would catch a producer's attention.

*The only time I wouldn't assume that is if the individual is queer because multiple shows have had queer individuals quit in the middle of filming: Vanderpump Rules, RHoNJ, and RHoA multiple times.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11

Furthermore, is Heather expected to not take the job, fume from the sidelines, and give interviews that she was "almost" on RHoNY, but said no because there were no people of color?

Well, if she was that principled or if it mattered so much to her...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Anyone here read the legal documents of that lawsuit she filed against REI Capital and Eric Rothfeld?

If I am remembering it correctly, she claimed Yummie borrowed 1M from REI Captial (Eric's Company) and that she paid them back. She also wanted Eric removed as the manager of Yummie.

The way Heather presented it on her social media was that Eric was just a manager and had no real equity in Yummie. This is blatantly false. Eric owns 49% of Yummie from it's conception in 2008 - he provided the start up money for the company and has always been involved. Heather and Michelle share the other 51% combined.

I think he's still there but both Heather and Michelle were ousted in 2016

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Furthermore, is Heather expected to not take the job, fume from the sidelines, and give interviews that she was "almost" on RHoNY, but said no because there were no people of color? 

We'd likely conclude that she auditioned, but was rejected or filmed and was fired part of the way through filming.

Absolutely, Hunter.  Heather could insist she rebuffed Bravo a million times, but in that scenario, she'd just end up being dismissed as the cray cray bitch claiming to be so woke, she just HAD to forego being on RHoNY  (unused tagline: "I have a dream that one day, RHoNY  housewives will be judged by the content of their character -  except Luann, who has none to be judged - Holla!")

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2