Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

The characterizations of Heather is boring are inaccurate in the literal definition of the word but she's occupied a central position in the two lowest-rated seasons of the lowest-rated installment of the franchise - so she's not attracting viewers no matter how much screams, cries, and breaks down into histrionics. I'm not sure why Bravo would need to save face over her exit.

I would say that Aviva was THE HW the past 2 seasons, she was center stage 90% of the time. Aviva/Reid went so far as to try and force production into giving Aviva a contract for this season by not going on the required trip to Montana unless they got that signed contract first. Heather was not the central HW, that dubious title belonged with Aviva.

• Love 3

By last two seasons, I'm referring to 6 and 7. Sure, Aviva was the defining cast member of 5 and 6. But Heather co-opted the dispute with her from Carole and thereafter perpetuated the group obsession with her to the extent that all face-to-face blowups featured Ms. Thomson as the primary an- or protagonist (screaming like a lunatic in the Hamptons; yelling about how she "didn't have time for this" at the finale . . . while demonstrably having time for it since she was participating). And after laying low the first half of this year, we had her jockeying for the spotlight as the primary generator of InMyBed!Gate.

• Love 2

By last two seasons, I'm referring to 6 and 7. Sure, Aviva was the defining cast member of 5 and 6. But Heather co-opted the dispute with her from Carole and thereafter perpetuated the group obsession with her to the extent that all face-to-face blowups featured Ms. Thomson as the primary an- or protagonist (screaming like a lunatic in the Hamptons; yelling about how she "didn't have time for this" at the finale . . . while demonstrably having time for it since she was participating). And after laying low the first half of this year, we had her jockeying for the spotlight as the primary generator of InMyBed!Gate.

Heather defended her friend, Carole, from Aviva's nasty "word on the street" rumor about the GW. Heather tried to negotiate peace between Aviva/Carole but failed. Heather was threatened with physical violence by Aviva's friend in the Hamptons and got mad at that threat. As for the finale last season, they ALL knew Aviva was up to something and they were right. Aviva's stunt, throwing her leg, was childish and a last desperate attempt to keep her HW job, a job she refused to do by not going on the mandatory trips, which in the end, ended any chance to keep said job.

As for this season, Heather was not laying low at all, she was key to Bethenny's storyline this season. That the producers/Bravo failed to share any of her personal story on the show is on production/Andy, not Heather. I don't believe that her reaction to finding a strange man in the bedroom adjacent to hers was anything other than real because I would have reacted the same way myself as I do not tolerate fools and especially fools that put my safety at risk either. Also, IMO, she forgave Ramona and LuAnn far faster than I would have. Is she perfect, NO, but IMO, she is someone that I could be friends with and I can not say that about the rest of the HWs on the show.

So, the prior 2 seasons, Aviva was THE central HW and this season it IS Bethenny. They got rid of Aviva, maybe they should get rid of Bethenny after this season if they are to go by ratings. LOL

• Love 3

Heather tried to negotiate peace between Aviva/Carole but failed.

When?  Heather lied and stirred the pot at Aviva's house which is what led to the really ugly confrontation between Aviva and Carole.  When did Heather try to negotiate peace between those 2?

• Love 1

When?  Heather lied and stirred the pot at Aviva's house which is what led to the really ugly confrontation between Aviva and Carole.  When did Heather try to negotiate peace between those 2?

At the beach, she, Heather, tried to get Carole and Aviva to talk things out.

At Aviva's party, it was Ramona that stirred the pot, not Heather. It was Ramona that told Carole that Aviva was going around the party telling everyone that Carole had a GH and THAT was what set Carole off, not anything Heather said. Oh, and it was Ramona that told Carole she should confront Aviva right there and then, not Heather.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Heather walked into that party and got Carole's ear first.  She told her that she'd gone for a mani/pedi with Aviva and Aviva was talking about Carole's ghostwriter, etc.  That was a flat out lie.  Heather said in a TH that she went there to dig for information and she's the one that lead the questioning. 

She's the one, imo, that stirred the pot at the party by her flat out lies.  Yes, Ramona jumped in, too, but Heather had Carole's ear, first.

• Love 2

Heather lied to Carole about the nature and specifics of her nail salon meeting with Aviva immediately prior to the housewarming. The scenario she relayed to Carole - that Aviva had sought her out and disparaged Carole apropos of nothing - was not what happened; Heather expressly stated that she wanted to use the endeavor to ask Aviva her perspective ie she fished for statements about Carole that were clearly going to be pejorative . . . And, in any case, why Heather aggressively made Aviva the focus of conversation, vitriol, and deconstruction - Omg, why is Aviva coming to Montana? Omg, why didn't Aviva come to Montana?!; directly ordering Kristen how to interact with Aviva during the finale party; attempting to corral Sonja and Ramona against Aviva at the housewarming; commandeering BookGate from Carole in the Hamptons *before* Amanda even opened her mouth - is not particularly germane to the fact that she did and the effect was basement-level Nielsen numbers. So she's been a "major" part of Bethenny's story this year and that has yielded . . . the second worst season for the series so far. Bethenny and Aviva might not be drawing in viewers but Heather ain't either so there's no reason why if, say, production is comfortable saying "see ya" to NeNe Leakes, they would feel worried or embarrassed over Heather walking.

• Love 4

Heather walked into that party and got Carole's ear first.  She told her that she'd gone for a mani/pedi with Aviva and Aviva was talking about Carole's ghostwriter, etc.  That was a flat out lie.  Heather said in a TH that she went there to dig for information and she's the one that lead the questioning. 

She's the one, imo, that stirred the pot at the party by her flat out lies.  Yes, Ramona jumped in, too, but Heather had Carole's ear, first.

No, Carole did nothing after Heather told her, she only reacted after Ramona told her that Aviva was talking about her that very minute at the party and that she should confront Aviva right there and then.

Heather lied to Carole about the nature and specifics of her nail salon meeting with Aviva immediately prior to the housewarming. The scenario she relayed to Carole - that Aviva had sought her out and disparaged Carole apropos of nothing - was not what happened; Heather expressly stated that she wanted to use the endeavor to ask Aviva her perspective ie she fished for statements about Carole that were clearly going to be pejorative . . . And, in any case, why Heather aggressively made Aviva the focus of conversation, vitriol, and deconstruction - Omg, why is Aviva coming to Montana? Omg, why didn't Aviva come to Montana?!; directly ordering Kristen how to interact with Aviva during the finale party; attempting to corral Sonja and Ramona against Aviva at the housewarming; commandeering BookGate from Carole in the Hamptons *before* Amanda even opened her mouth - is not particularly germane to the fact that she did and the effect was basement-level Nielsen numbers. So she's been a "major" part of Bethenny's story this year and that has yielded . . . the second worst season for the series so far. Bethenny and Aviva might not be drawing in viewers but Heather ain't either so there's no reason why if, say, production is comfortable saying "see ya" to NeNe Leakes, they would feel worried or embarrassed over Heather walking.

Heather never got upset that Aviva was going to Montana because Aviva never said that she was going. She, Aviva, bailed out of that trip right away.

The fight between Heather and Amanda at LuAnn's Hamptons house was because Heather told Amanda to let Carole and Aviva talk alone, for her, Amanda to leave the room like everyone else did. Amanda insisted on sitting there commenting even when both Aviva and Carole told her to stop.

Production wanted Nene back on the show but Nene made too many demands and I never claimed that production would/should feel worried or embarrassed about Heather leaving the show. Please don't put words in my post that I did not make.

• Love 4

Look, I didn't like Heather's behavior at that party at Luann's Hampton party last season either.  I thought telling Amanda "these are my people" was a very clear (if indirect) reference to the fact that Heather was the boss of the housewives, and Amanda wasn't in their club.  Given that Amanda was auditioning to become a HW, I also feel like Heather was trying to shut Amanda out to make sure her friend Kristen (also auditioning at the time) got the gig.  Not Heather's best side.  Oh, and I didn't like how she talked to her husband in that scene either.

I also didn't like Heather's behavior in Colorado towards Kristen at the rock climbing stuff.  I do think she was condescending instead of supportive.  The fight after, I put that more on Kristen.  

And yep, Heather definitely has a sanctimonious side to her - she's the sort of person who thinks she knows best in every situation, absolutely.  It's not a great quality.  But I think she has a million other good qualities that so far outnumber the bad, including an ability to laugh at herself, kindness and generosity to her friends as well as her causes, determination and grit, a sense of fun, etc. And I think she backs up her "morals and values" in how she lives her life.  She might talk the talk in a way that can be high-minded and (gasp!) bossy, but unlike most other housewives, she walks the walk.  Whatever she claims to be right, most of the time, that's what she does herself.  So to me, bad behavior at a party and on a rock climbing trip, it's just not anywhere near enough for me to go anti-Heather.  

It's interesting how some housewives get so much more slack for such worse offenses - Ramona, Sonja, Luann, etc. I'm not claiming Heather should be above criticism, she's on the show, she opened herself up.  I DO think that people are incredibly cruel to Heather and other women, and that makes me sad.  But more than that, I wonder if we secretly have two standards - one set of standards for "normal" women (Heather, Carole) and a different, much lower set for - um, what word should I use to describe Ramona and Sonja?  :)  Behavior that in Ramona would never even register gets Heather pilloried.  I just find that interesting and I wonder what's behind it.

Edited by ottergirl
  • Love 13

Look, I didn't like Heather's behavior at that party at Luann's Hampton party last season either. I thought telling Amanda "these are my people" was a very clear (if indirect) reference to the fact that Heather was the boss of the housewives, and Amanda wasn't in their club. Given that Amanda was auditioning to become a HW, I also feel like Heather was trying to shut Amanda out to make sure her friend Kristen (also auditioning at the time) got the gig. Not Heather's best side. Oh, and I didn't like how she talked to her husband in that scene either.

I also didn't like Heather's behavior in Colorado towards Kristen at the rock climbing stuff. I do think she was condescending instead of supportive. The fight after, I put that more on Kristen.

And yep, Heather definitely has a sanctimonious side to her - she's the sort of person who thinks she knows best in every situation, absolutely. It's not a great quality. But I think she has a million other good qualities that so far outnumber the bad, including an ability to laugh at herself, kindness and generosity to her friends as well as her causes, determination and grit, a sense of fun, etc. And I think she backs up her "morals and values" in how she lives her life. She might talk the talk in a way that can be high-minded and (gasp!) bossy, but unlike most other housewives, she walks the walk. Whatever she claims to be right, most of the time, that's what she does herself. So to me, bad behavior at a party and on a rock climbing trip, it's just not anywhere near enough for me to go anti-Heather.

It's interesting how some housewives get so much more slack for such worse offenses - Ramona, Sonja, Luann, etc. I'm not claiming Heather should be above criticism, she's on the show, she opened herself up. I DO think that people are incredibly cruel to Heather and other women, and that makes me sad. But more than that, I wonder if we secretly have two standards - one set of standards for "normal" women (Heather, Carole) and a different, much lower set for - um, what word should I use to describe Ramona and Sonja? :) Behavior that in Ramona would never even register gets Heather pilloried. I just find that interesting and I wonder what's behind it.

I totally agree and furthermore Aviva and her father, because they were a package deal, deserved to be fired! Most of the audience at the time...hated them. What sealed their fate had to be George's X-rated "what he would do to Ramona if she was laying in her casket line." There's nothing IMO that brought Heather's transgressions anywhere near the low life father & daughter team...period, end of story.

tumblr_n98jz5hbJ11qz7zx5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n6nzouqAZF1seznd4o1_250.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

I hate to say it, but I think Andy/Bravo totally would have brought back Aviva *because* of all those things. Honestly, what probably sealed her fate was that she kept refusing to go on trips/tried to play hardball in negotiating for a S7 contract. I tend to think Bravo will overlook a lot of on-camera antics (in fact, they probably welcome them), but they have zero tolerance for holding up production and contract shenanigans.

• Love 3

I hate to say it, but I think Andy/Bravo totally would have brought back Aviva *because* of all those things. Honestly, what probably sealed her fate was that she kept refusing to go on trips/tried to play hardball in negotiating for a S7 contract. I tend to think Bravo will overlook a lot of on-camera antics (in fact, they probably welcome them), but they have zero tolerance for holding up production and contract shenanigans.

I agree. Had Reid not tried the power play to secure a contract with the Montana trip, she would have been back this season! I don't think Andy liked Aviva but he, IMO, loved George and all the controversy he brought the show.

• Love 1

It's interesting how some housewives get so much more slack for such worse offenses - Ramona, Sonja, Luann, etc. I'm not claiming Heather should be above criticism, she's on the show, she opened herself up.  I DO think that people are incredibly cruel to Heather and other women, and that makes me sad.  But more than that, I wonder if we secretly have two standards - one set of standards for "normal" women (Heather, Carole) and a different, much lower set for - um, what word should I use to describe Ramona and Sonja?  :)  Behavior that in Ramona would never even register gets Heather pilloried.  I just find that interesting and I wonder what's behind it.

I think I do.  I really like Heather and I don't ever hate on her. But for Carole...she's someone I could almost see myself being friends with in real life and not being bothered by her schtick, but seeing it on tv drives me crazy. Because it feels so fake and put on.  But I also feel like Ramona's bullshit is to some degree an act. It's like a big psychological experiment, this show! Anyway I am going to miss Heather's normalcy, and her loyalty to her friends, and her not being scared of shit.  I'll continue to follow her off the show, and hope she does more interesting things to follow.

• Love 6

I wouldn't doubt it if the decision to leave was all Heather's, and TPTB are somehow trying to save face.​

Absolutely. There's no upside to Heather staying on the show if she is going to be portrayed this way, or iced out altogether, and unlike many HoWives, she doesn't need the money.

But despite the Post item, can I please remain ** Kristen voice **  deluuusional  ** Kristen voice ** about Heather leaving until we hear the words from holla mama's own lips?

• Love 8

I get why she wanted to leave, but I also feel like the bad edits are so cyclical. One season, you're persona non grata, the next season you're the fan favorite. I'm not entirely convinced she would have been iced out in S8.

She and Kristen were obviously the two biggest airtime "victims" of Bethenny's return, but as evidenced by all the reshoots and re-editing, the scripts can flip and storylines can change a lot. Especially given how Heather and Bethenny seemed to be on much better terms by season's end (and we all know how much of a pet project B is to Andy), I could easily have seen Heather getting a much more favorable storyline/an *actual* storyline in S8 had she stuck it out.

• Love 1

There was a scene last season in which Heather and Carole meet in Carole's bedroom to discuss the forthcoming Montana sojourn. It may have even aired right before/in the same ep as Aviva throwing her bag of inhalers at Kristen in the Space Cowboy. They both echo each other "why is Aviva coming?" "I don't know." So their flip-flop (later fixating on how it was so wrong that Aviva *didn't* join to the point of making it a focus of at least one Montana dinner and the finale) is documented on broadcast . . . After Soonja called everyone onto the porch in the Hamptons, Heather almost immediately took the lead on attacking Aviva way before Amanda even engaged her. She demonstrably thrust herself into a dispute that didn't pertain to her to the extent that Carole basically said nothing until Amanda and Heather left. Also, it's not as if the ensuing theatrics were limited to Heather simply responding to Amanda's "threat" (considering she was walking away, it's not all that threatening; should Heather's remark about "cutting a bitch" ie Bethenny be taken seriously even though she was in another room be taken seriously?). You had her chasing after Amanda through multiple rooms; hissing and wagging her finger at Jon; running back onto the porch to re-engage Amanda; yelling at and chasing after Aviva; cursing at Aviva who, at the time, was standing still and not replying to Heather; whining at Reid; then attempting to direct LuAnn how to treat guests on Lu's property. All while lit to the gills.

• Love 2

Where did the story about Reid trying to negotiate a deal come from?

I remember a lot of the Aviva/Reid stuff hitting the web after the Season/Reunion ended...don't recall specifics but I remember there was some "insider" sources...as usual...and I think Carol had an interview hinting at issues from Reid/Aviva.

• Love 2

I remember a lot of the Aviva/Reid stuff hitting the web after the Season/Reunion ended...don't recall specifics but I remember there was some "insider" sources...as usual...and I think Carol had an interview hinting at issues from Reid/Aviva.

There were all kinds of articles on blog sites about this. Supposedly, production told the other HWs about it during that trip.

• Love 2

There were all kinds of articles on blog sites about this. Supposedly, production told the other HWs about it during that trip.

Yes, I remember this as well.  And in hindsight, some of the other HW's behavior towards Aviva could have been a bit better explained...in perspective.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

Thanks, CJ. I found this. Word on the street...

Streets are busy.

http://www.eonline.com/news/576400/aviva-drescher-fired-from-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city

Thank you Ryebread for the article...this may be why her caste mates felt she lied about her asthma as an excuse for the Montana trip.

I wonder if Aviva and Reid knew things were looking sketchy for her the following season as she had disagreements with many of the HW. They may have seen the writing on the wall and also realized her leg may have kept her from participating in a few of the outdoors sports. So Reid decided to try to force Andy's hand in giving her early job security. Between her and her dad's difficulties in getting along with others and Reid's contract ploy she was fired. I don't believe the RHONY audience, cast or Andy cared that much.

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

So, the thing about how the editing is cyclical is true. That said I don't blame Heather if she's not willing to stick around on the off chance that more of her life apart from whatever cast conflicts get shown in season 8. It could easily be that season 8 is a retread of season 7 in terms of marginalizing Heather on the family and business end of her life.

• Love 3

Absolutely. There's no upside to Heather staying on the show if she is going to be portrayed this way, or iced out altogether, and unlike many HoWives, she doesn't need the money.

But despite the Post item, can I please remain ** Kristen voice **  deluuusional  ** Kristen voice ** about Heather leaving until we hear the words from holla mama's own lips?

OK, first off, "** Kristen voice **  deluuusional  ** Kristen voice **" - hysterical.

Second, on Tuesday night, when I went to bed, I said to my husband, "I have hit an all time low."  He said, "What?"  I said, "I tweeted at a housewife."  Sigh.  I did, in fact, tweet at Heather and Carole saying that I hoped they were still cool with each other.  (I was absurdly angered by Bravo's naming Carole as Bethenny's "new bestie" in the closing cards.)  

Heather responded right away saying "we absolutely are."  I then responded to her, saying something along the lines of thanks for the 3 seasons, I think the world of you and I'll miss seeing you on the show.  And she answered, "stay tuned!!!"

So.... do we think she might be implying the door is still open? I feel like it's not.  But that tweet makes me hope, a little bit.

Maybe Andy could do TWO housewife shows next year inspired by the reunion seating, a "left couch" show (Kristen, Heather, Carole, Bethenny and a "right couch" show (Ramona, Luann, Dorinda, Sonja).  Hell, if he loves Bethenny so much, let her do both shows.  See which show gets better ratings, the one with the REAL, NORMAL WOMEN or the one with the "<<kristen voice>> - deluuuusional - <<kristen voice>>" women!!

• Love 12

OK, first off, "** Kristen voice ** deluuusional ** Kristen voice **" - hysterical.

Second, on Tuesday night, when I went to bed, I said to my husband, "I have hit an all time low." He said, "What?" I said, "I tweeted at a housewife." Sigh. I did, in fact, tweet at Heather and Carole saying that I hoped they were still cool with each other. (I was absurdly angered by Bravo's naming Carole as Bethenny's "new bestie" in the closing cards.)

Heather responded right away saying "we absolutely are." I then responded to her, saying something along the lines of thanks for the 3 seasons, I think the world of you and I'll miss seeing you on the show. And she answered, "stay tuned!!!"

So.... do we think she might be implying the door is still open? I feel like it's not. But that tweet makes me hope, a little bit.

Maybe Andy could do TWO housewife shows next year inspired by the reunion seating, a "left couch" show (Kristen, Heather, Carole, Bethenny and a "right couch" show (Ramona, Luann, Dorinda, Sonja). Hell, if he loves Bethenny so much, let her do both shows. See which show gets better ratings, the one with the REAL, NORMAL WOMEN or the one with the "<<kristen voice>> - deluuuusional - <<kristen voice>>" women!!

Ottergirl, I am embarrassed how happy your post just made me!!!

I feel completely silly. I just adore Heather on this show and don't want her to leave.

I have to get myself together, I'm waiting to meet my son's new teacher.

• Love 7

Second, on Tuesday night, when I went to bed, I said to my husband, "I have hit an all time low."  He said, "What?"  I said, "I tweeted at a housewife."  Sigh.  I did, in fact, tweet at Heather and Carole saying that I hoped they were still cool with each other.  (I was absurdly angered by Bravo's naming Carole as Bethenny's "new bestie" in the closing cards.)  

Heather responded right away saying "we absolutely are."  I then responded to her, saying something along the lines of thanks for the 3 seasons, I think the world of you and I'll miss seeing you on the show.  And she answered, "stay tuned!!!"

So.... do we think she might be implying the door is still open? I feel like it's not.  But that tweet makes me hope, a little bit.

I'll join you at the Overly Invested table. And loving it. Personally, as exhausting as these women might be and as petty as the drama is, dissecting it and watching it every week is thoroughly entertaining to me.

And so I'll come out and chime in with my (slightly embarrassing) excitement that this means she might stick around. I totally get why people find her annoying and irritating, but I still love what she adds to the show. She's blunt and she'll give you conflict, but she's direct and not a hot mess. It's oddly refreshing to have a HW who's not in danger of making Radar Online for bankruptcy, alcoholism or a husband-cheating scandal but isn't a wallflower either.

• Love 14

Ottergirl, I am embarrassed how happy your post just made me!!!

I feel completely silly. I just adore Heather on this show and don't want her to leave.

I have to get myself together, I'm waiting to meet my son's new teacher.

I'll join you at the Overly Invested table. And loving it. Personally, as exhausting as these women might be and as petty as the drama is, dissecting it and watching it every week is thoroughly entertaining to me.

And so I'll come out and chime in with my (slightly embarrassing) excitement that this means she might stick around. I totally get why people find her annoying and irritating, but I still love what she adds to the show. She's blunt and she'll give you conflict, but she's direct and not a hot mess. It's oddly refreshing to have a HW who's not in danger of making Radar Online for bankruptcy, alcoholism or a husband-cheating scandal but isn't a wallflower either.

Ha ha! We'll create a Facebook group or something, people who are overly invested in Heather.  I fully admit to being amused, bemused, baffled and embarrassed by why I care so much!!  I mean, I liked Bethenny the first time she was on RHONY, but I barely blinked when she left; and I never cared about any other housewife coming or going from any other show, but in this case, I feel like I fret more about Heather's portrayal on RHONY than she does herself.  It's ridiculous and I can't explain it, but I'm glad to have company in my over-investedness!!  Holla!  #Helpme

• Love 11

Ha ha! We'll create a Facebook group or something, people who are overly invested in Heather. I fully admit to being amused, bemused, baffled and embarrassed by why I care so much!! I mean, I liked Bethenny the first time she was on RHONY, but I barely blinked when she left; and I never cared about any other housewife coming or going from any other show, but in this case, I feel like I fret more about Heather's portrayal on RHONY than she does herself. It's ridiculous and I can't explain it, but I'm glad to have company in my over-investedness!! Holla! #Helpme

I completely agree. I don't really understand why I feel so protective of Heather,but I do.

Maybe the group could be called "The Holla Honeys".

Lol.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12

OK, first off, "** Kristen voice **  deluuusional  ** Kristen voice **" - hysterical.

Maybe Andy could do TWO housewife shows next year inspired by the reunion seating, a "left couch" show (Kristen, Heather, Carole, Bethenny and a "right couch" show (Ramona, Luann, Dorinda, Sonja).  Hell, if he loves Bethenny so much, let her do both shows.  See which show gets better ratings, the one with the REAL, NORMAL WOMEN or the one with the "<<kristen voice>> - deluuuusional - <<kristen voice>>" women!!

I saw/read your tweet!!! I hope this means she is staying but I think she may become a "friend" next season if she stays if her blog today is any indication. Heather has a very, very full plate IMO.

Ha ha! We'll create a Facebook group or something, people who are overly invested in Heather.  I fully admit to being amused, bemused, baffled and embarrassed by why I care so much!!  I mean, I liked Bethenny the first time she was on RHONY, but I barely blinked when she left; and I never cared about any other housewife coming or going from any other show, but in this case, I feel like I fret more about Heather's portrayal on RHONY than she does herself.  It's ridiculous and I can't explain it, but I'm glad to have company in my over-investedness!!  Holla!  #Helpme

I completely agree. I don't really understand why I feel so protective of Heather,but I do.

Lol.

Count me in as a member!!!! LOL

• Love 7

I still don't understand why everyone is so happy that she is staying because I never thought she was leaving. I never saw it confirmed that she was leaving, just someone speculating because that is what they wanted to happen and then it became gospel but it wasn't really because ppphhhbbbbtttt it's a vicious cycle, say something, repeat it, believe it but IT'S NOT TRUE.

Sorry, I just hate that there is discussion about something as if it is true, when it's based on speculation. Not calling anyone out, I just hate when someone puts something out there and it takes on a life of its own.

I think it is because Heather is talking about moving on to other interests.  She is going back to school, she is heavily invested in the No Barriers charity and neither of those pursuits seem to jive with RHONYC.   

I would enjoy seeing a Bethenny vs. Heather battle on healthy eating.  Something tells me Heather would mop the floor with Bethenny.   I also see a line of foods in Heather's future-she has a great name for food already with her Yummie branding.

• Love 7

Last month Us Weekly said she was leaving, and then earlier this month NYDN (the article also said Lora Drasner is her possible replacement) also said she decided to exit. So it's definitely more than mere speculation that she's not coming back.

Granted, casting news is always fickle, and things never quite pan out the way they're written about in the lead up to the show, but the "Heather's off RHONY" is based off more than just people here speculating. And given how little she's been featured on the show and how checked out she's seemed on social media vs. her normal posting, it makes sense to me that people would believe those reports.

• Love 4

There are very few RH who leave under their own power-Bethenny, Kim Zolciak come to mind-so I think the fact Heather or whoever put it out there she is leaving by her choice-increases Heather's credibility.  Oh and I think Dina, Caroline and Jacqueline left on their own, only to be lured back by production.

• Love 2

Lol.

Me too!  I've tweeted two HW's--Heather and Brandi (that's was harassing, though). 

• Love 2

Sorry, I just hate that there is discussion about something as if it is true, when it's based on speculation. Not calling anyone out, I just hate when someone puts something out there and it takes on a life of its own.

I know what you mean but a great percentage of everything we talk about here is based on speculation.  There are very few times - like Lu saying what she did to Carole the other night - that can't be construed any other way.  Bravo and the media outlets are rarely based in reality. They're throwing stuff to the walls to see what sticks with the readers and viewers.

If we only discussed things that were 100% we'd be a mighty quiet bunch. ;-)

• Love 3

That pointing finger of both Holla and the Countess. Ugh. My gardening shears come to mind.....

hahahaha! Everytime someone points out some flaw in Heather I realize - I do that too!!  Haha.  I am such a finger pointer! Not for accusation purposes but for emphasis.  Sometimes I catch myself and pull it back in.  

I'm also a conversation butt-inner!  OMG - from the next room in my house I will insert myself into a conversation!  I would so pop into that Bethenny/Ramona convo with my 2 cents.  Because I am ALSO an armchair psychologist!

Add me to the Holla Honey list!  I adore Heather.  

• Love 7

hahahaha! Everytime someone points out some flaw in Heather I realize - I do that too!!  Haha.

But do you do thisLOL.  What.the.bloody.hell?? 

C'mon, Heath - Turn that frown upside down.

(Check out Luann in the bottom corner.)

tumblr_n1dubcVErj1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

• Love 1

But do you do this? LOL. What.the.bloody.hell??

Yeah, I'm doing that to you right now! Lol! Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

But do you do thisLOL.  What.the.bloody.hell?? 

Hahaha! Where do you find this shit? No - my teeth are not that big. I am a mini-Heather. But I can speak in a slow controlled manner she does that oh might come across as condescending to some people. Must be all those elementary school kids I had to deal with through the years (library aide, lunch room aide).
  • Love 1
Must be all those elementary school kids I had to deal with through the years (library aide, lunch room aide).

Girl, we are the same but opposite. I was a kindergarten teacher and I had to use that slow, controlled voice with lots of hand motions. But I only used it with 5 and 6 year olds. That is what initially bothered me about Heather - the way she seems to speak down to adults, be it her friends, enemies or husband. To further that image of 'speaking down', when putting someone in their place she puts her nose up and literally talks 'down' to them just like she's doing in the gif above.

Errr you posted it... where did you find it?

Errrrr.....I duhrknow. Actually there are loads of gif sites. They don't give sources or explanations. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

Girl, we are the same but opposite. I was a kindergarten teacher and I had to use that slow, controlled voice with lots of hand motions. But I only used it with 5 and 6 year olds. That is what initially bothered me about Heather - the way she seems to speak down to adults, be it her friends, enemies or husband. To further that image of 'speaking down', when putting someone in their place she puts her nose up and literally talks 'down' to them just like she's doing in the gif above.

This is what bugged me about Heather for the last 2 seasons.  And the way she went after Kristen last season.

But for some reason, I liked her this season.  I think Bethenny went after her for no reason at the chinese restaurant this year and was rude and annoying so much so that I was rooting for Heather when I went into the season looking forward to Bethenny taking her down.  Maybe it was because Bethenny aligned herself with Ramona of all people - it was a very bad look.  Bethenny was too obvious in going after Kristen for no reason too.  And the editors giving Bethenny 2 talking heads to everyone else's 1 or none didn't help matters.  

Now second half of the season, Bethenny has toned down, Heather and Luann are getting along despite twitter, so everything is copacetic.  Luann is just making a big deal out of the Adam thing.  I like the advice Heather gave Bethenny.  Bethenny knows it's true about choosing to be a bitch.  It's honesty caught her off guard.

By now, the only ones I am enjoying are Heather and Kristen.  The rest are all acting too much.

• Love 6

Isn't that from Sonja' s Team Sonja party with Aviva and her leg?

The Gif of Heather grinning is indeed from Sonya's team party where Aviva throws her leg. The last few seconds of the video above shows Heather wearing the same blouse at the party.

Here Heather is near Ramona wearing the same shirt. It appears she's talking to Aviva...who throws her medical records toward Heather.

rhony-recap-kristen-aviva.jpg

rhony-finale-avivas-leg-heather-kristen.

Screen-Shot-2014-07-23-at-10.56.55-PM.pn

Excerpt from TrashTalk: http://www.trashtalktv.com/07/24/rhony-recap-the-reality-show-isnt-over-until-the-skinny-lady-slings-her-leg/324213/

Heather’s face speaks my mind.

Aviva is in the room, but avoids the girl throughout Sonja’s crazy rambling speech. After the speech, Aviva asks Sonja if the gals are all still mad at her and Sonja says “You see how Ramona yells at me when I don’t come and say hi before my speech. They steamroll you. They’re emotional vampires.” Yes Sonja, it’s so awful of your friends to want to say “hi!” to you at your party. Shame on them!

Ramona gets Aviva and brings her over to the rest of the girls so they can all talk. Aviva asks the ladies to sit down at what appears to be the only baguette table in the room. That doesn’t look suspicious at all. Heather starts off calmly “i think they’re are much bigger issues you’re not facing.” Kristen, ready for a fight, says “There’s got to be deeper issues than just asthma.” Carole says that you didn’t go on this trip because of asthma and no one really believes you have asthma.

Aviva says “I understand your position, because in fact, I’ve been lied to; my doctor lied to me. My doctor told me I had asthma so severely that I couldn’t go to Montana.

Everyone exchanges confused glances and then some of the gals get excited for a second, really wanting to hear why Aviva’s doctor would lie to her. I must admit, I actually believed it for a split second – I mean why would someone lie about something so weird, right? Then Aviva brings out an X-ray of her chest and starts screeching

Screen-Shot-2014-07-23-at-11.18.10-PM.pn

THIS IS NOT MY CHEST. CAN YOU BELIEVE MY DOCTOR FORGED HIS NAME ON MY XRAY?

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

But for some reason, I liked her this season.  I think Bethenny went after her for no reason at the chinese restaurant this year and was rude and annoying so much so that I was rooting for Heather when I went into the season looking forward to Bethenny taking her down.  Maybe it was because Bethenny aligned herself with Ramona of all people - it was a very bad look.  Bethenny was too obvious in going after Kristen for no reason too.  And the editors giving Bethenny 2 talking heads to everyone else's 1 or none didn't help matters.  

I agree.  I don't know if you remember, but on Fresh Snark I was fairly vocal (understatement LOL) about how I felt about Bethenny.  That's why when she was coming aboard this season, I was torn because my dislike for her and Heather were about equal.  I was kind of looking forward to these two loud-mouths locking horns to see who came out as Chief Head Kahuna.

If I'm honest, I should go back and change my answer on the poll about whom I dislike most. I said Heather, but this season it's actually Carole.  I still very much dislike Beth and Heather, but at least they're productive members of society.  They work, they contribute and give back. Neither are currently acting like morons on their social media. Carole, I got nothing. So I'd have to say that I do like Heather better this season than last.  But that could also be because she wasn't featured often. 

That's why I really want to see her back for season 8. 

• Love 3

I agree.  I don't know if you remember, but on Fresh Snark I was fairly vocal (understatement LOL) about how I felt about Bethenny.  That's why when she was coming aboard this season, I was torn because my dislike for her and Heather were about equal.  I was kind of looking forward to these two loud-mouths locking horns to see who came out as Chief Head Kahuna.

If I'm honest, I should go back and change my answer on the poll about whom I dislike most. I said Heather, but this season it's actually Carole.  I still very much dislike Beth and Heather, but at least they're productive members of society.  They work, they contribute and give back. Neither are currently acting like morons on their social media. Carole, I got nothing. So I'd have to say that I do like Heather better this season than last.  But that could also be because she wasn't featured often. 

That's why I really want to see her back for season 8. 

And I don't love how Carole immediately was obsequious to Bethenny, and I guess that was bc both are friends of Andy.  

But I think Heather rightly called out Bethenny's obnoxious behavior from day 1 - even if some of it was pot calling the kettle black (know it all") - and I appreciated how Heather was able to just move on and not start WWIII with Bethenny.  She just moved on.  

I did love Heather's final finale substantive statement - "You don't have to be a bitch - you choose to be one, you can choose not to be one."  What a way to go out.  Oh they did let her have one final "Holla!" to remind me of what I hated, but then kind of grew to love because she wouldn't abandon it! 

But I have to believe she is out of here.  What upside does she have to returning?  Her business brand can only suffer.  Bethenny will not allow her to get a good edit - or a better edit than Bethenny will get.  And Carole will only be placed in the middle.

• Love 8