Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

That's a great clip. Joyless and humorless Heather seems to be having a great time. I should add they all seemed to be having a great time. I mean, even though Heather is a far better athlete ;)

Poor joyless and humorless Heather.  C'mon, now, imagain.  I, for one, didn't call her either of those.  I said I only see her joy when talking about kids and charities.  And also that she doesn't have a real sense of humor.  That's different from being "humorless".  I also said I didn't remember seeing her have a really good time with the ladies.  So thanks for the example and clip, MCM.  Yes she appears to be able to have laughs with the ladies, even if that lone example is of her competitive nature.  I said this last week:

Have we ever seen her have a really good time with just the ladies?  And no fair counting how excited she gets when beating someone at hatchet throwing or one upping someone in another way.

I won't call her "humorless" but she is seriously lacking a sense of humor, especially about herself. 

• Love 1

Heather's children, husband, business and charities will now benefit from more of her attention...that's great! Not pimping out her marriage is a sign of good moral character...something the others can aspire to.

heather-thomson.jpg

• Love 10

I think it says a lot about these shows and these ladies that a HW with a serious side, like Heather, gets called humorless or lacking a sense of humor. We've seen tons of scenes where Heather laughs at herself or yucks it up with the others. In fact, I remember first taking note of how much I liked her when she walked right into a glass door in St. Bart's and laughed it off, even making some joke about her nose. And the scene of her with Carole in a bar in the city, just the two of them meeting for drinks and sharing some jokes and stories, seemed liked the first time I saw two HW's as real friends, doing something that real friends do.

Heather has a serious side (which I would also characterize as smart), which was a refreshing change from the silly, alcohol-fueled dramas and feuds that the show thrives on. But the producers obviously prefer showcasing the Sonja Morgans of the world - drunk, ditzy, delusional messes, all feuding with each other. Boo.

• Love 14

I won't call her "humorless" but she is seriously lacking a sense of humor, especially about herself.

I am the one who called her humorless, for exactly those reasons. Does that mean she never laughs and never has fun? No, but she does seem to lack a sense of humor and takes herself way too seriously. I am glad her pious puss will be outta my housewives viewing.

• Love 1

I think it says a lot about these shows and these ladies that a HW with a serious side, like Heather, gets called humorless or lacking a sense of humor. 

Heather has a serious side (which I would also characterize as smart), which was a refreshing change from the silly, alcohol-fueled dramas and feuds that the show thrives on. But the producers obviously prefer showcasing the Sonja Morgans of the world - drunk, ditzy, delusional messes, all feuding with each other. Boo.

I agree. I don't like Heather for being corny, sanctimonious, and tryhard, but I like that she has depth. (And that's how I feel about Alex who I always liked and miss.)

• Love 1

I think it says a lot about these shows and these ladies that a HW with a serious side, like Heather, gets called humorless or lacking a sense of humor. We've seen tons of scenes where Heather laughs at herself or yucks it up with the others. In fact, I remember first taking note of how much I liked her when she walked right into a glass door in St. Bart's and laughed it off, even making some joke about her nose. And the scene of her with Carole in a bar in the city, just the two of them meeting for drinks and sharing some jokes and stories, seemed liked the first time I saw two HW's as real friends, doing something that real friends do.

Perfectly said.

One of my favorite "friend" scenes was the time she came over to Carole's pad with a 6 pack of beer and some Jack Daniels. She shared (some people will no doubt say over-shared) some of her concerns about her lawsuit, and Carole talked about what was going on in her life. They both interviewed about having close girlfriends you could share your troubles with and have a few too many adult libations. It seemed very real, not forced at all, like some of the interactions among these women often do.

I thought she was hystercial the time she followed Ramona around that one party, smiling like crazy because she knew it drove Ramona nuts. She didn't seem to be taking herself seriously at all. I also loved how casual and easy going she was in The Berkshires, when a guest bitched about her home, and even had an A/C unit installed in one of her bedrooms. She just shrugged it all off, while I would have gone bat-shit crazy. My favorite Heather scene - and my favorite HW party - was her anniversary party. She just glowed and they all had so much fun, dancing the night away. To me she seems to be someone who really lives in the moment.

• Love 14

I will always remember how she verbally smacked her husband down in the middle of chasing around Aviva's friend Amanda, trying to kick her out of someone else's home while calling her a bitch and fighting with Aviva and Reid, how shitty she treated her good friend Kristen in Montana until Kristen was in tears (and then graciously accepting *Kristen's* apology), and her Scarlett O'Hara wails about a naked man hypothetically spanking his monkey. And, meatballs! Ahhhhhh, Heather. How could I ever forget "Nobody likes you!!! Nobody wants you here!!"

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

I will always remember how she verbally smacked her husband down in the middle of chasing around Aviva's friend Amanda, trying to kick her out of someone else's home while calling her a bitch and fighting with Aviva and Reid, how shitty she treated her good friend Kristen in Montana until Kristen was in tears (and then graciously accepting *Kristen's* apology), and her Scarlett O'Hara wails about a naked man hypothetically spanking his monkey. And, meatballs! Ahhhhhh, Heather. How could I ever forget "Nobody likes you!!! Nobody wants you here!!"

And yet all kind of funny.

• Love 5

I agree. I don't like Heather for being corny, sanctimonious, and tryhard, but I like that she has depth. (And that's how I feel about Alex who I always liked and miss.)

Depth is the perfect word. I left it out if my goodbye note to Heather(!), so thank you. Alex was a little too weird or trying-too-hard for my liking, but I agree both she and Simon had some intelligence and depth to them. I'll never forget when Sonja kicked Simon off the dais at a gay rights rally (there was only room for one), and he later talked about what he was going to say. It was really moving and smart, and as best I remember, touched on some gay friends of his in Australia in a personal and poignant way. Sonja's speech went something like this: "I'm Sonja Morgan! I love you all! Where are my gays!" Another example of HW priorities - they fire the smart ones with depth, and hire the dimwits.

I also loved how casual and easy going she was in The Berkshires, when a guest bitched about her home, and even had an A/C unit installed in one of her bedrooms. She just shrugged it all off, while I would have gone bat-shit crazy.

Great example. I, too, would have hit the roof. And showed Ramona the exit. But she just shrugged it off.

• Love 8

Yeah! Tell it! Tell it like it IS!

Perfectly said.

One of my favorite "friend" scenes was the time she came over to Carole's pad with a 6 pack of beer and some Jack Daniels. She shared (some people will no doubt say over-shared) some of her concerns about her lawsuit, and Carole talked about what was going on in her life. They both interviewed about having close girlfriends you could share your troubles with and have a few too many adult libations. It seemed very real, not forced at all, like some of the interactions among these women often do.

I thought she was hystercial the time she followed Ramona around that one party, smiling like crazy because she knew it drove Ramona nuts. She didn't seem to be taking herself seriously at all. I also loved how casual and easy going she was in The Berkshires, when a guest bitched about her home, and even had an A/C unit installed in one of her bedrooms. She just shrugged it all off, while I would have gone bat-shit crazy. My favorite Heather scene - and my favorite HW party - was her anniversary party. She just glowed and they all had so much fun, dancing the night away. To me she seems to be someone who really lives in the moment.

The Above, motorcitymom65, is lovely stated.

This program really does NOT deserve Heather.

Between the narcissism, lunacy, backstabbing, and psuedo-piousness--Dorinda, LuAnn, and Ramona--Heather is as far removed from that program's platform as night is to day.

Happy Holla-ing!!!

---

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 12

Yeah! Tell it! Tell it like it IS!

I will! I'm mad, and I'm saying so!!

(If you think this is bad, wait 'til you read my posts if Teresa Giudice is ever re-hired. Although I seem to be the only HW fan on the planet who still thinks this will never happen).

• Love 4

"...interesting that Bravo believes that the only thing we would find interesting about a woman is her problems with her man. Actually, it's insulting. *(This might have just cured me of my HW addiction." )*

---

ME TOO, motorcitymom65. Holla!!!

1. QUOTE by motorcitymom65

2. Parentheses and asterisks by ME

--

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 7

I think that Heather royally pissed Bravo off by leaking the story a couple of months ago that she was leaving. Andy has always said that no decisions are made about who will/will not be offered contracts until after the reunions, and leaking that she was leaving before those negoations had started gave her the control that she didn't have during the season. It will be interesting to see how much, if any, of her footage is included in the 100th episidode special. Clearly they will include lots of other HW's that are no longer on the show, so the fact that she is not coming back should have no more to do with her being left out than any of the other HW's that will never be on the show again. My opinion is they are pissed and will leave her out of most all of it. They are not use to people leaving of their own free will.

• Love 4

Yes, I'm sure you're right, MCM. They are not above acting catty or spiteful when they're pissed off. The way they edited the season finale, along with the send-offs, was ridiculously transparent. That's when I knew the rumor of Heather leaving was true. She was hardly featured in the episode at all, and her send-off was stupid and dismissive. Whereas Bethenny's was, of course, funny and glowing, and referenced her "bestie," Carole. Ok, show.

My prediction for the 100th episode show - if she's in it at all, it'll just be in the background. No interview. Heck, I bet even Cindy will get more airtime than Heather. Who's Cindy, you ask? Exactly.

• Love 6
And also that she doesn't have a real sense of humor.

And no fair counting how excited she gets when beating someone at hatchet throwing or one upping someone in another way.

But, who gets to determine what's real, fair, and counts? If stipulations were put on the other HWs' humor/laughter, they might be seen as not having a "real" sense of humor, too.

It seemed very real, not forced at all, like some of the interactions among these women often do.

Yeah, if there ever was a real friendship on the show, it's the Carole and Heather one. (None of that double-cheek kissing for them - Carole actually wants to hug Heather.) Having no "Harole" on the show will be a loss.

Damn, y'all...am I really going to have to watch home shopping channels to get my Heather fix? *sigh*

• Love 7

Poor joyless and humorless Heather. C'mon, now, imagain. I, for one, didn't call her either of those. I said I only see her joy when talking about kids and charities. And also that she doesn't have a real sense of humor. That's different from being "humorless". I also said I didn't remember seeing her have a really good time with the ladies. So thanks for the example and clip, MCM. Yes she appears to be able to have laughs with the ladies, even if that lone example is of her competitive nature. I said this last week:

I won't call her "humorless" but she is seriously lacking a sense of humor, especially about herself.

Ummm... I didn't direct it at you or quote you. So it's fine, calm down. I was joking. someone had called her joyless or humorless. I never mentioned you. We agreed to disagree about Heather, or at least I thought we did. Peace girl. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

Amen!

I'm sorry to learn that Heather's leaving is official.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8

Ummm... I didn't direct or quote you. So it's fine, calm down. I was joking. someone had called her joyless or humorless. I never mentioned you. We agreed to disagree about Heather, or at least I thought we did. Peace girl.

Sorry.

• Love 1

I think that Heather royally pissed Bravo off by leaking the story a couple of months ago that she was leaving.

I think it was before then.  First we weren't allowed into her house in the city, then she shut down any talk about her marriage.  The only ones allowed to shut Bravo down and not talk about their lives like that are apparently Bethenny and Moaner. 

And I still believe there was an unpleasant side of her that her co-workers and Bravo staff saw that added to their pissiness with her.

• Love 5

I think it was before then.  First we weren't allowed into her house in the city, then she shut down any talk about her marriage.  The only ones allowed to shut Bravo down and not talk about their lives like that are apparently Bethenny and Moaner. 

And I still believe there was an unpleasant side of her that her co-workers and Bravo staff saw that added to their pissiness with her.

Actually, we don't know if it was Heather's decision to not allow us into her house in the city.  Gosh, we discussed this a while ago about condo and coop associations not allowing shows being able to film.  IIRC, that was why Aviva rented that townhouse.  And since Heather allowed filming in her house in the Berks and the house they rented in the Hamptons, this was more than probably the case.

The so called shutting down of talk about her marriage came from anonymous sources.  There are no facts backing this up.

• Love 8

Actually, we don't know if it was Heather's decision to not allow us into her house in the city.  Gosh, we discussed this a while ago about condo and coop associations not allowing shows being able to film.  IIRC, that was why Aviva rented that townhouse.  And since Heather allowed filming in her house in the Berks and the house they rented in the Hamptons, this was more than probably the case.

The so called shutting down of talk about her marriage came from anonymous sources.  There are no facts backing this up.

I was going to say the same thing. So often people assume things, and those assumptions get written so many times that it almost seems like a fact. Kristen and Josh "deciding" not to film their marriage or scenes of their family life as much this past season because of how poorly he came off last season is an example of this. In most cases, once bitten by the fame bug, people want more. The truth is, Kristen and Josh filmed lots of scenes, but they were cut. A married housewife just didn't fit the narrative of cougars on the prowl. I'm sure Heather and Jonathan filmed scenes that were cut, too. Or the producers weren't interested in any scenes with them, for the same reasons.

• Love 8

I can see it being probable that Bravo was mad at Heather all along, but I just don't see why they kept her as a FT ho'wife if they were really mad at her. They've been clear in the last few years what happens when someone doesn't do what they want. They had 8 girls this year, and could have easily cut her out completely or demoted her like they did Lu. She clearly gave them enough of a storyline or that would have been her fate. I think it was her year to get a bad edit (year 3 is often the year), and it fit perfectly because of the dynamic with the star of the show, Beth. I really believe that had Heather come back she would be getting the Heather Dubrow, 4th season treatment next year, but she didn't want to play ball anymore and decided to change the rules on Bravo. I simply refuse to believe that Bravo wouldn't have loved to see a story next year with Heather watching Carole and Beth be close friends. They live for the idea of a friendship being in trouble. Not that this would have been the case, but I've always thought that folks over at Bravo lamented the idea that they weren't going to ever see the fireworks with this friendship that they love so much, and would have hoped for with Beth getting into the mix with this friendship.

• Love 11

The truth is, Kristen and Josh filmed lots of scenes, but they were cut. A married housewife just didn't fit the narrative of cougars on the prowl. I'm sure Heather and Jonathan filmed scenes that were cut, too. Or the producers weren't interested in any scenes with them, for the same reasons.

Didn't Heather allude to that in 1 of her blogs this season, maybe the blog after Jax's birthday party was shown? And Kristen said something about hosting things that Bethenny never attended and we never saw any of them other than the Charity party did we? I agree, that the producers jumped on the "cougar on the prowl" show storyline and IMO, they did so because of Bethenny's new found single life (if you ignore her BF that is). Isn't this the first HW show that featured the majority of "HWS" that were not only single but NOT in committed relationships with a SO? 

• Love 9

I simply refuse to believe that Bravo wouldn't haved loved to see a story next year with Heather watching Carole and Beth be close friends. They live for the idea of a friendship being in trouble. Not that this would have been the case, but I've always thought that folks over at Bravo lamented the idea that they weren't going to ever see the fireworks with this friendship that they love so much, and would have hoped for with Beth getting into the mix with this friendship.

I swear to God this exact thought ran in my brain as I read Bethenny's send-off talking about her "bestie," Carole in the season finale. Like I wrote earlier, they are so transparent.

Didn't Heather allude to that in 1 of her blogs this season, maybe the blog after Jax's birthday party was shown? And Kristen said something about hosting things that Bethenny never attended and we never saw any of them other than the Charity party did we? I agree, that the producers jumped on the "cougar on the prowl" show storyline and IMO, they did so because of Bethenny's new found single life (if you ignore her BF that is). Isn't this the first HW show that featured the majority of "HWS" that were not only single but NOT in committed relationships with a SO?

Yes to ALL of your questions, Wire!

• Love 5

Thanks for all the Heather reminencing...excellent reading. A online article and video of Heather:

Heather Thomson Gushes About "Working Mom" Status Before RHONY Exit: Watch the Video!

ENTERTAINMENT

SEP. 9, 2015 AT 5:56PM BY STEPHANIE WEBBER

heather-thompson-kids-inline.jpg

Heather Thomson and her son Jax, 10, and daughter Ella Rae, 8

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/heather-thomson-gushes-about-working-mom-status-before-rhony-exit-201599#ixzz3lJLf8hdp
  • Love 1

I love how she exited on her terms, strategized how to do it, and orchestrated the whole thing. She comes out looking like a winner. Compare her exit to almost everyone else, like Jill Zarin, Brandi, Nene, etc... I'll miss her, but she's going to be fine.

• Love 13

Doesn't matter if it was Holla's decision to allow us into her house or not.  If the coop assoc. said 'no', it limited what we were able to see about her life, therefore, she seemed one note.  And for some reason, Bravo chose NOT to highlight her business life or her marriage (which I believe WAS her choice because there is/was trouble there, to which I say, good for her.) 

We also didn't meet any of her real life friends - some were shown at her anniversary party but they could have been all of Jon's business associates for all we know. 

I'm with everyone who is saying she's leaving at a good time.  She was smart to do so.  She can go out loved by all.   Well...most anyway. LOL

• Love 1

Doesn't matter if it was Holla's decision to allow us into her house or not.  If the coop assoc. said 'no', it limited what we were able to see about her life, therefore, she seemed one note.  And for some reason, Bravo chose NOT to highlight her business life or her marriage (which I believe WAS her choice because there is/was trouble there, to which I say, good for her.) 

We also didn't meet any of her real life friends - some were shown at her anniversary party but they could have been all of Jon's business associates for all we know. 

I'm with everyone who is saying she's leaving at a good time.  She was smart to do so.  She can go out loved by all.   Well...most anyway. LOL

We never saw Lu's apartment in the city either.  We had one weekend in the Hamptons to see Beth, Ro and Lu's houses there.  I think we were at Ro's apartment twice.  And with Beth, she was homeless till almost the end of the season.  And Kris's apartment didn't make it until Secrets Revealed.

I don't think we saw much of Heather's business because of production.  We have seen it much more in past seasons. We did get to see her Bloomingdale's area for about two minutes even though most of the HW's were there.  I also think that not showing Heather's family was a production decision this season as well.  Cameras were at Jax's tenth birthday and liver celebration.  That got all of two minutes as well even though it was a very big deal and a milestone.  Who knows what else production decided to eliminate from the show.

Jonathon was on the show a number of times during the season.  Marital problems are a rumor from a website. We didn't see Kris and Josh one on one and we didn't see Beth's supposed to be nonexistent boyfriend.

Lastly, to me not seeing a RH's real friends on a show  can be understandable.  If I were friends with a HW, I wouldn't appear.  Apparently Beth's friends don't want to appear either. 

For whatever reason, Heather life was frozen out this season.  So was pretty much Kris's.  Why?  We could speculate forever.  Maybe production just got caught up with shoving Beth down our throats and showing drama. 

• Love 7

I love Heather, and will miss her on the show. I was not very invested in the show this year. I'm sick of Ramona, Sonja and LuAnn. I saw Heather on a talk show recently and she was adorable. She showed some of her Yummie Tummie items and I loved them. If I were Heather, I would leave too. She let the cameras film her life, but Bravo decided a show of drunken women on the prowl for sex was what they wanted. I hated most of it. I believe the breech in security, with naked guy sleeping in the next room, was her final straw. Why put yourself at risk with these bimbos when Bravo cuts all of your other scenes. Good luck Heather -- !!!!

• Love 15

In addition to being humorless, Heather also has a hefty dose of self-righteousness. I will be glad when she's gone!

I love Heather's personality, and I think she has a wicked sense of humor. I don't think she is self-righteous, I think she has manners and morals.

• Love 13

I love Heather, and will miss her on the show. I was not very invested in the show this year. I'm sick of Ramona, Sonja and LuAnn. I saw Heather on a talk show recently and she was adorable. She showed some of her Yummie Tummie items and I loved them. If I were Heather, I would leave too. She let the cameras film her life, but Bravo decided a show of drunken women on the prowl for sex was what they wanted. I hated most of it. I believe the breech in security, with naked guy sleeping in the next room, was her final straw. Why put yourself at risk with these bimbos when Bravo cuts all of your other scenes. Good luck Heather -- !!!!

Ditto to your post ButterQueen. Bravo/Andy/Bethenny wanted this season to feature a bunch of sex starved cougar HWs running around unable to quench their sexual desires. They sold it and the audience bought it...bye, bye Heather & Kristen! Sickening in my opinion.

Edited by talula
  • Love 5

Heather just strikes me as someone who is use to giving direction and not taking direction.  Her family is not going to get any more or less interesting until her children are teenagers because they are well behaved.  There were two times this year I felt like Heather had really dropped the ball as far as the producers were concerned-the first was waiting for the limo.  That whole entire scene made it clear that Sonja and Heather would never be friends.  Heather even said so at the Reunion.  Whoever on the production team thought it clever or interest producing to have the limo show up an hour late misjudged the depth of the reaction.  It was fairly obvious Sonja had ZERO desire to have filming in her house and the fact the filming crew did nothing but let people get pissed off at each other was a backfire.  It is not fair to Heather, Kristen or Sonja to set up these situations. Why not have them all show up at noon the time estimated for Bethnny's arrival?  How simple would it have been to lock the luggage in the foyer and have the production group take the ladies to a Starbucks-a few yards away?  Instead it was about Bethenny making them wait, Sonja not wanting her house to be used for filming and Heather being steaming mad.  Anyway I think production showed a total disregard for Heather and Kristen's time and their anger was misdirected. 

The second one is the Turks & Caicos and the naked man.  As the story unfolded Heather reaction, which was rather delayed, just came off as production inspired.  There is something less than dire and life threatening when the alleged perpetrator takes time to have breakfast with the chef. Heather ended up looking bad, Bethenny gets the best lines (and she wasn't even there) and Luann gets a song out of it.  I thought it ridiculous that Heather and Carole were put in the position of being the inquisitors.    A far better scenario would have been to get the ladies at the breakfast table and have Heather bring it up and then let it rip.  To me Ramona got far more crap for conch blocking than she ever did parking her guest in the wrong bedroom.

So if I am Heather Thomson President, of a company, mother  of two, endurance sport participant and philanthropic citizen of the planet, I do not need Bravo and its producer creating drama for their show.  Leave the mid six figure paycheck for those who need it or need the fame.  I don't think Heather's future successes in life will have to lump in with a RH asterisk, I think she can do it on her own.

• Love 5

Heather just strikes me as someone who is use to giving direction and not taking direction.  Her family is not going to get any more or less interesting until her children are teenagers because they are well behaved.  There were two times this year I felt like Heather had really dropped the ball as far as the producers were concerned-the first was waiting for the limo.  That whole entire scene made it clear that Sonja and Heather would never be friends.  Heather even said so at the Reunion.  Whoever on the production team thought it clever or interest producing to have the limo show up an hour late misjudged the depth of the reaction.  It was fairly obvious Sonja had ZERO desire to have filming in her house and the fact the filming crew did nothing but let people get pissed off at each other was a backfire.  It is not fair to Heather, Kristen or Sonja to set up these situations. Why not have them all show up at noon the time estimated for Bethnny's arrival?  How simple would it have been to lock the luggage in the foyer and have the production group take the ladies to a Starbucks-a few yards away?  Instead it was about Bethenny making them wait, Sonja not wanting her house to be used for filming and Heather being steaming mad.  Anyway I think production showed a total disregard for Heather and Kristen's time and their anger was misdirected. 

The second one is the Turks & Caicos and the naked man.  As the story unfolded Heather reaction, which was rather delayed, just came off as production inspired.  There is something less than dire and life threatening when the alleged perpetrator takes time to have breakfast with the chef. Heather ended up looking bad, Bethenny gets the best lines (and she wasn't even there) and Luann gets a song out of it.  I thought it ridiculous that Heather and Carole were put in the position of being the inquisitors.    A far better scenario would have been to get the ladies at the breakfast table and have Heather bring it up and then let it rip.  To me Ramona got far more crap for conch blocking than she ever did parking her guest in the wrong bedroom.

So if I am Heather Thomson President, of a company, mother  of two, endurance sport participant and philanthropic citizen of the planet, I do not need Bravo and its producer creating drama for their show.  Leave the mid six figure paycheck for those who need it or need the fame.  I don't think Heather's future successes in life will have to lump in with a RH asterisk, I think she can do it on her own.

As for the AC limo fight, there WAS a camera crew IN Sonja's house that morning filming her pack and fussing, so Sonja did NOT mind a camera crew in her house, she just didn't want to share camera time with the other HWs. Yes, I am sure production set up the late limo pick up but Sonja failed to tell anyone that Bethenny was running late until AFTER the limo arrived. It wasn't all productions fault or even Heather's fault for her bad reaction, the bulk of the blame rests on Sonja's shoulders for her ignorant behavior to her co-workers.

• Love 3

I always thought Heather was the most genuine housewife on this show. Although I thought her mouth was foul many times and she just wouldn't let some things go (like the discussion with Beth at Dorinda's dinner in the Berkshires -when I posted that she should have just Let It Go, Heather!) I did enjoy her on this show. However, I'm glad she's left to take care of her family and her business. She does not need this show unlike most of the others. Looking at you, Beth. Next season, I think she'll be so glad that she's out of this.

• Love 5

Considering that Andy went out of his way to to ridicule her with that Christina Hendricks parody, I think that Heather would have had to be blind to not pick up on the fact that production had it out for her. I will also concede that editing really shafted her with the constant cuts to her signature sourpuss face. I disagree with the premise that Heather was above or over drama of either the alcohol-fueled (considering one of her seminal moments on the show featured her drunkenly screaming at and chasing after two-three people, Jonathan included) or manufactured variety (see the scenery-chewing over InMyBed!Gate). And, although I have no desire to watch another marriage struggle, I find the plaudits for Heather's refusal to air all aspects of her personal life interesting considering the near unanimous condemnation that Bethenny, Lu, and Ramona have won around here for similarly trying to manipulate their self-presentation. I think she was always the most imperiled of the cast because her removal opens up more narrative possibilities. If Kristen is asked back, she should gird herself for some shifting of alliances because I don't think that Carole will have any loyalty to her whatsoever.

• Love 3

I highly doubt Heather was having marital issues. More speculation.

Why anyone would take the 'wife' part OUT of their twitter/instagram profile and remove pictures of said spouse if there wasn't an issue and why other forums and tabs are discussing this.  And really, what married couple hasn't had issues?  That's why I don't understand the denial that anything could possibly be going on.  They've got a sick child and the wife is a steam rolling, battle axe.  And Jonathon, likely is the long suffering husband that Bravo is portraying him to be.

Besides alluding to Heather's marital issues at dinner in T&C, Bravo did it again during Ramona's renewal party episode.

• Love 3

Lastly, to me not seeing a RH's real friends on a show  can be understandable.  If I were friends with a HW, I wouldn't appear.  Apparently Beth's friends don't want to appear either. 

For whatever reason, Heather life was frozen out this season.  So was pretty much Kris's.  Why?  We could speculate forever.  Maybe production just got caught up with shoving Beth down our throats and showing drama. 

We've seen Beth's friends. And her stepfather.  We got nothing like that from Heather.  Except at her anniversary party.  And did any of them even mingle with her?

Each season the same questions are asked, "Why does Ramona have a problem with Heather?" "Why does Kristen have a problem with Heather?"  "Why does Bethenny have a problem with Heather?"  "Why does Dorinda have a problem with Heather?"  "Why does production have a problem with Heather?"  "I can't figure out why Dorinda has a problem with Heather..."

Either they're all jealous haters or could it be possible that Heather really is that hard to work with? 

• Love 2

We've seen Beth's friends. And her stepfather.  We got nothing like that from Heather.  Except at her anniversary party.  And did any of them even mingle with her?

Each season the same questions are asked, "Why does Ramona have a problem with Heather?" "Why does Kristen have a problem with Heather?"  "Why does Bethenny have a problem with Heather?"  "Why does Dorinda have a problem with Heather?"  "Why does production have a problem with Heather?"  "I can't figure out why Dorinda has a problem with Heather..."

Either they're all jealous haters or could it be possible that Heather really is that hard to work with? 

The only person who has a problem with Heather now is Dorinda.  And well, Dorinda was ridiculous with the why didn't you wait for me or the hypocritical Fuck You Dinner.  Most of them have had 'problems' with another through the seasons.   Lu has a problem with Carole who had a problem with Aviva last season.  And then we had Lu having a problem with Ro.  The list goes on and on.

Maybe the problem is that Heather didn't suck up to Beth.  Neither did Kris.  Maybe the production company saw another series starring Beth which equates money for them.  Let's face it.  In the end, it's all about money.  Neither Heather or Kris played the game.  The Real Housewives of NYC morphed into the Bethenny Starting Over preview this season.  Neither Heather or Kris played the game.  Production gambled heavily on this and they failed.  So I guess Heather is hard to work with because she didn't play the right game.  Kuddos to her.

• Love 9

Rhetorica - I think you're on to something. But the proposition begs the question appropriate honorific; there's a glut of possibilities here. Saint Hey Mama of the Hollas, patroness of scully caps, cutting bitches, appropriated vernacular, using urban blacks as a shorthand for physical violence, finding a naked man IN YOUR BED! (or not), and "frat boy humor."

• Love 3