Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

I'd love to see Heather, Bethenny and Carole form an alliance and become the anti-Ramona/Sonja/LuAnn/Dorinda Team.  That would make me very happy.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9

I did love Heather's final finale substantive statement - "You don't have to be a bitch - you choose to be one, you can choose not to be one."  What a way to go out.  Oh they did let her have one final "Holla!" to remind me of what I hated, but then kind of grew to love because she wouldn't abandon it! 

But I have to believe she is out of here.  What upside does she have to returning?  

Though her statement is a truth for the ages, she annoyed me with how she busted into Beth and Moaner's conversation.  But 'Last Hurrah' and all that.

Even though I want Heather back next season, I've said in the past I would willingly give her props for opting out.  The only upside I can see if she comes back is she'll get that ego stroke or whatever it is that appears to be a common need amongst anyone who signs a contract with Bravo.  Surely she doesn't need the money nor the aggravation.

• Love 1

I'd love to see Heather, Bethenny and Carole form an alliance and become the anti-Ramona/Sonja/LuAnn/Dorinda Team.  That would make me very happy.

In general though, have to say, I prefer Luann and Ramona as adversaries. They're good at calling the other out on their shit in a way that doesn't happen when they're on the same side.

• Love 1

There are very few RH who leave under their own power-Bethenny, Kim Zolciak come to mind-so I think the fact Heather or whoever put it out there she is leaving by her choice-increases Heather's credibility. Oh and I think Dina, Caroline and Jacqueline left on their own, only to be lured back by production.

Didn't Dina quit because it was discovered she had forged her exes signature for their daughter to appear? She only returned once Lexi was old enough.

• Love 1

Didn't Dina quit because it was discovered she had forged her exes signature for their daughter to appear? She only returned once Lexi was old enough.

Exactly. I've always thought they let her go in the middle of the season because of this. That she probably had stipulated in her contract that she was to film a certain amount with her daughter, and when Lexi couldn't film they had to set her free. Otherwise, I don't think Bravo would have been OK with it considering it left them with just 4 gals. Caroline and Kim don't count because they had other Bravo shows waiting. I certainly don't believe Jaq left on her own, especially with word out as to how bad their financial issues are. It is almost unheard of for someone to just walk away from all this. That gal with the skin cancer issues did on the OC after the first season, and folks claim that Lydia did. Personally, I think that Bravo didn't want Lydia back because she was pregnant, and she was fine with it. Regardless, if Heather leaves on her own she is in a very small group that do and I will miss her but admire her for it.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

Mileage varies and I'm predisposed to doubting Heather's credibility, but desperately trying to instigate an argument involving the two lodestars of the show by lobbing an epithet at one of them during the finale party isn't the behavior of a dignified cast member who's tired of the drama and prepared to leave, imo (though I suppose it's possible that Heather discovered a sudden desire to exit the franchise once she started to shed supporters and finally feel blowback on her conduct) . . . OT but Lydia's departure from Orange County didn't exactly ease the transition from one season to the next for production. She actually wasn't pregnant when she left; she just said she wanted to have another baby sometime in the near future and her son wasn't born until over a year after she bounced. Potential narratives involving the nascent conflict between her and Heather evaporated, and filming occurred for over a month and a half while casting was still underway since Lizzie didn't appear until sometime in December.

Girl, we are the same but opposite. I was a kindergarten teacher and I had to use that slow, controlled voice with lots of hand motions. But I only used it with 5 and 6 year olds. That is what initially bothered me about Heather - the way she seems to speak down to adults, be it her friends, enemies or husband. To further that image of 'speaking down', when putting someone in their place she puts her nose up and literally talks 'down' to them just like she's doing in the gif above.

Errrrr.....I duhrknow. Actually there are loads of gif sites. They don't give sources or explanations. 

hahaha then you don't want to be in the same room when I have to repeat something to my husband for the 3rd time because he just.doesn't.get.it.fast.enough.!

Mileage varies and I'm predisposed to doubting Heather's credibility, but desperately trying to instigate an argument involving the two lodestars of the show by lobbing an epithet at one of them during the finale party isn't the behavior of a dignified cast member who's tired of the drama and prepared to leave, imo (though I suppose it's possible that Heather discovered a sudden desire to exit the franchise once she started to shed supporters and finally feel blowback on her conduct) . . . OT but Lydia's departure from Orange County didn't exactly ease the transition from one season to the next for production. She actually wasn't pregnant when she left; she just said she wanted to have another baby sometime in the near future and her son wasn't born until over a year after she bounced. Potential narratives involving the nascent conflict between her and Heather evaporated, and filming occurred for over a month and a half while casting was still underway since Lizzie didn't appear until sometime in December.

On the other hand, I thought it was a fabulous parting shot if she is prepared to leave.  I love it!

• Love 4

In general though, have to say, I prefer Luann and Ramona as adversaries. They're good at calling the other out on their shit in a way that doesn't happen when they're on the same side.

That's true but neither LuAnn or Ramona are capable of delivering the snark that Heather, Bethenny and Carole are capable of dishing out, especially if they've joined forces.   

• Love 4

From what I have seen/read, and not just here but at several sites, Heather has not lost any fans this season, in fact I think she gained more fans. JMO though

• Love 4

When the episodes of Heather trying to be all helpful to Bethenny by screaming "I can tell you whatever the fuck I want to tell you" initially aired, Heather received enough criticism on Twitter that she stated that she "didn't really like herself all that much either right now" (paraphrase). I would hazard to say that most coverage from sites like Jezebel, Vulture, and other media outlets over InMyBed!Gate concluded that she was ultimately over the top and were pretty laudatory over "be cool . . . Don't be all, like, uncool." It's not like there's a metric for such matters but the support for Heather was pretty much unanimous last year on this board and TWOP when she was tangling with Aviva (I think ryebread, myself, and literally one or two other posters objected to Heather back then).

• Love 3

When the episodes of Heather trying to be all helpful to Bethenny by screaming "I can tell you whatever the fuck I want to tell you" initially aired, Heather received enough criticism on Twitter that she stated that she "didn't really like herself all that much either right now" (paraphrase). I would hazard to say that most coverage from sites like Jezebel, Vulture, and other media outlets over InMyBed!Gate concluded that she was ultimately over the top and were pretty laudatory over "be cool . . . Don't be all, like, uncool." It's not like there's a metric for such matters but the support for Heather was pretty much unanimous last year on this board and TWOP when she was tangling with Aviva (I think ryebread, myself, and literally one or two other posters objected to Heather back then).

Disliking how a HW reacts to another HW does not always mean loss of fans. It is possible to disagree or even dislike something a HW says/does and still like them more than the rest of the cast. LOL

• Love 2

I'm not sure if she has lost a lot of fans, but certainly folks are aware she is not perfect. Most would agree this hasn't been her best season, yet still out of 8 girls, she receives almost 40% of the vote for favorite HW. True, some folks don't have a favorite, but of those that do, she wins - and it isn't even close. Season 3 is always a big season for a HW. It is often when they get the "bad" edit, or we see things Bravo hasn't shown us before. Sometimes it is Season 4 (Lisa V) because they will pick one or two to highlight. By the end of S3 we have generally seen enough to make a decision. You've seen the good and the bad. In Heather's case it seems like a majority of people have decided that at the very least, the good outweighs the bad. I also think that one thing that is very telling is how many people that love her would be happy for her if she left, although we would miss her. People seem to think she is a good person, and want her to be happy.

I like that Heather is able to watch herself on TV and say she doesn't love what she sees all the time. I cannot imagine anyone who would always reflect with 100% pride in the way they behaved in every situation. That is one if the things I like the best about her (Beth too). Being able to self-reflect is important and something rarely seen on Reality TV.

• Love 9

From what I have seen/read, and not just here but at several sites, Heather has not lost any fans this season, in fact I think she gained more fans. JMO though

SOURCE!!!!  SOURCE!!!!!

LOL.  Just kidding. But that's one of those things that just can't be quantified. 

• Love 3

SOURCE!!!!  SOURCE!!!!!

LOL.  Just kidding. But that's one of those things that just can't be quantified. 

If you read message boards like this, FB or similar sites, more like Heather despite her flaws or like MCM say, because she self reflects and admits to screwing up, not something we see in a HW very often. I, myself, like that she can apologize when she is wrong or when she hurts someone (even if she was in the right) without demanding an apology back and she moves on. I also like that she defends her friends, sometimes a little bit too strongly though, and that she is a real friend, not just for the show friend.

• Love 4

I think the angle of the first, older, photo and bad/shiny makeup makes her look worse and when I look at the second photo I still see her crows feet and the bags under her eyes. I have no doubts that she has had some skin care done like resurfacing/microdermabrasion but I don't think she has gone as far as botox or fillers. Also, she was against Carole having anything done, botox/fillers/facelift, to her face and IMO, if she had it done to herself she would have been fine with Carole getting it done as well. I strongly disagree about her having a "tummy tuck", I don't think she has, she exercises a lot, especially since she started training for No Barriers. If you look closely, she did not have defined abs, 6 pack, when they showed her in a bikini in T&C, Bethenny on the other hand, does have more defined abs when you see her in a bikini and I think hers are natural as well.

A tummy tuck doesn't give you a six pack.  It only removes excess skin.  Unless the muscles are already well defined under the loose skin they remove, no six pack for you. I speak from experience.  Heather's belly button is high, it has the tell tale scars around it and also has the shape of a tummy tuck belly button. 

I think she's had Botox.  Those bunny lines at the side of her nose when she smiles are a pretty standard thing with Botox.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unquestionably, imo.  Here she is last December looking fresh and pretty.  The picture next to it is from October.  The third is from earlier in December and the last is from June 2013.  Looks like she got a tune up right before Christmas.

Edited by Lisin
Removed broken image links
  • Love 1

All good subtle work for heather. And I like that she hasn't gotten a nose job.

For the most part, the NY ladies have very good work done, and their bodies look amazing. They seem to keep their work fairly subtle and they look fresh, not "done".

• Love 3

For the most part, the NY ladies have very good work done, and their bodies look amazing. They seem to keep their work fairly subtle and they look fresh, not "done".

Absolutely. I think each of the NYC HWs have had work done and it's all been subtle and an improvement. The OC ladies have all had work and the results aren't always good. They somehow all start looking the same.

It's weird that the ones married to plastic surgeons look the worst: Adrienne, Heather DuB and Lisa Hockstein from Miami

• Love 3

Dina has vehemently denied the forged signature thing and it never made sense because the husband is involved in the day to day raising of the daughter.  I think the reason she left was over Danielle.  Apparently from the three years of silence with a big chunk of her family she did not appreciate that they would not stand with her the -"it's me or Danielle" ultimatum.  She would not comeback until Caroline and Jacqueline were gone and when the season she did return was in the toilet and they brought Jacqueline back she walked again.  I believe Dina has moved to LA.

• Love 2

Dina has vehemently denied the forged signature thing and it never made sense because the husband is involved in the day to day raising of the daughter.  I think the reason she left was over Danielle.  Apparently from the three years of silence with a big chunk of her family she did not appreciate that they would not stand with her the -"it's me or Danielle" ultimatum.  She would not comeback until Caroline and Jacqueline were gone and when the season she did return was in the toilet and they brought Jacqueline back she walked again.  I believe Dina has moved to LA.

She did deny forging his signature but did NOT deny that her ex did NOT want their daughter on the show. Sorry, I do believe that he became displeased when his family informed him what the show was like after Danielle clued them in to what was going on as he was out of the country at the time. Also, Dina did not leave the show when they brought Jacqueline back, she did though refuse to film with her and kept on filming with the other HWs, she said she would not return for the next season.

• Love 1

She did deny forging his signature but did NOT deny that her ex did NOT want their daughter on the show. Sorry, I do believe that he became displeased when his family informed him what the show was like after Danielle clued them in to what was going on as he was out of the country at the time. Also, Dina did not leave the show when they brought Jacqueline back, she did though refuse to film with her and kept on filming with the other HWs, she said she would not return for the next season.

Dina quit after Jacqueline came back on-she finished her one year contract and quit.  That is what I meant by walked.  Not that she walked off the day Jacqueline was brought back.  Dina and Teresa thought it okay to tank the show by refusing to film. 

Also Dina's ex-owns a salon in the area-he does not live overseas, he visits Greece.  Dina had even said that her daughter would tell her father what was going on during filming.  Given Lexi was 12 or 13 at the time-I do believe it would be hard for a kid that age to keep it secret.  Danielle gave the telephone number of a producer to Dina's former SIL who works at the salon that Dina's ex owns.  I never understood how that endangered Dina's custody of her daughter.

Dina quit after Jacqueline came back on-she finished her one year contract and quit.  That is what I meant by walked.  Not that she walked off the day Jacqueline was brought back.  Dina and Teresa thought it okay to tank the show by refusing to film. 

Also Dina's ex-owns a salon in the area-he does not live overseas, he visits Greece.  Dina had even said that her daughter would tell her father what was going on during filming.  Given Lexi was 12 or 13 at the time-I do believe it would be hard for a kid that age to keep it secret.  Danielle gave the telephone number of a producer to Dina's former SIL who works at the salon that Dina's ex owns.  I never understood how that endangered Dina's custody of her daughter.

It was reported that her ex (and his family) did not like what the show was about after their first season and demanded that Lexi not be on camera. That Dina left mid season and that Bravo allowed her to walk says it was more than just her troubles with Danielle because they love that stuff, I do believe the stories about Dina signing her ex's signature the second season are true and that he threatened to go for sole custody. Of course she would deny that she did something like that because that would reflect badly on her. I believe he was in Greece when the show was filmed (summer), or at least a good part of the time.  Lexi telling her father what she said/did on the show is different than what was aired on the show and I don't think she would know about what happened during the times just Dina was filmed.

Yes, Teresa and Dina thought they owned the show and IMO, Teresa still believes she does. Much like Bethenny and Ramona believe they owns this, NY, show. LOL Bethenny needs to remember that the show survived after she left, even though ratings dropped, but she was not the only HW that left at the end of that season and Ramona needs to remember that they are all replaceable.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Girl, we are the same but opposite. I was a kindergarten teacher and I had to use that slow, controlled voice with lots of hand motions. But I only used it with 5 and 6 year olds. That is what initially bothered me about Heather - the way she seems to speak down to adults, be it her friends, enemies or husband. To further that image of 'speaking down', when putting someone in their place she puts her nose up and literally talks 'down' to them just like she's doing in the gif above.

I believe shortly after filming started Heather had a big setback* in her business and she was in no mood to listen to anyone talk business.  The last thing she needed was mogul Bethenny releasing and getting a ton of screen time for all things Skinny Girl.  So a season filled with everything from Kristen launching a product, Bethenny introducing new flavors and holding an out and out brand summit on camera, Sonja getting a magazine cover and a fashion show I think she felt left out.  She said as much when Bethenny was selected in the first go round with Sonja's "team".

I still think Heather does not have the time to commit to the show.  Perhaps that is why she interrupts and has no patience for many of her social friends. I noticed she took her lead from Bethenny with just copping to being mortified by her own behavior at Dorinda's (however she did not own up to her skully and going gangster crap).  

On the high side with Heather launching an exercise line last fall and a legging line Yummie Tummie maybe a lucrative company for someone to buy out, or she may be expanding into say a food line (she is going back to school for healthy food education)  or sales may not have been as expected and the company mat be over extended and causing concern coupled with the setback*.  My other thought was Heather seems very committed to the No Barriers charity and I don't think RHONYC is interested in following her in that endeavor.    I don't think RHONYC is a great venue for every product and every CEO.  Heather sells exclusively to women and perhaps her sometimes abrasive personality is not the greatest image compared to her self-proclaimed rival at Spanx-who is classy and smooth.

* Heather publicized a war via lawsuit against Spanx claiming they had infringed on her tank top.  Heather did a lot of chest pounding and tried to start a #shame on you campaign against Spanx founder Sara Blakely.  Heather took it to a personal level and Spanx cited, in their legal briefs,  Heather was suing the lawsuit as a storyline on RHNYC.  The lawsuits and countersuits were dismissed leaving Heather with egg on her face after swearing to take down Sara Blakely.  The setback would be the legal fees and her investors/board finding her legal path unnecessary and backfiring.  No one bought Heather's Samson and Goliath story. 

• Love 2

I still think Heather does not have the time to commit to the show.  

I agree with you and considering everything she has on her plate was amazed that she was able to do the show at all.  That said, I do hope she comes back next season.  She's a strong, successful, hardworking and accomplished woman.  I'd like to see more like her on the show and less like RamonaCoaster and delusional Sonja.

ETA:  Edited to add Drunken Dorinda to the last group.   LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9

I believe shortly after filming started Heather had a big setback* in her business and she was in no mood to listen to anyone talk business.  The last thing she needed was mogul Bethenny releasing and getting a ton of screen time for all things Skinny Girl.  So a season filled with everything from Kristen launching a product, Bethenny introducing new flavors and holding an out and out brand summit on camera, Sonja getting a magazine cover and a fashion show I think she felt left out.  She said as much when Bethenny was selected in the first go round with Sonja's "team".

I still think Heather does not have the time to commit to the show.  Perhaps that is why she interrupts and has no patience for many of her social friends. I noticed she took her lead from Bethenny with just copping to being mortified by her own behavior at Dorinda's (however she did not own up to her skully and going gangster crap).  

On the high side with Heather launching an exercise line last fall and a legging line Yummie Tummie maybe a lucrative company for someone to buy out, or she may be expanding into say a food line (she is going back to school for healthy food education)  or sales may not have been as expected and the company mat be over extended and causing concern coupled with the setback*.  My other thought was Heather seems very committed to the No Barriers charity and I don't think RHONYC is interested in following her in that endeavor.    I don't think RHONYC is a great venue for every product and every CEO.  Heather sells exclusively to women and perhaps her sometimes abrasive personality is not the greatest image compared to her self-proclaimed rival at Spanx-who is classy and smooth.

* Heather publicized a war via lawsuit against Spanx claiming they had infringed on her tank top.  Heather did a lot of chest pounding and tried to start a #shame on you campaign against Spanx founder Sara Blakely.  Heather took it to a personal level and Spanx cited, in their legal briefs,  Heather was suing the lawsuit as a storyline on RHNYC.  The lawsuits and countersuits were dismissed leaving Heather with egg on her face after swearing to take down Sara Blakely.  The setback would be the legal fees and her investors/board finding her legal path unnecessary and backfiring.  No one bought Heather's Samson and Goliath story. 

Yes, the lawsuits against each other were dismissed, I do believe that Spanx filed first, NOT Heather from what I read, but if you go to Spanx or QVC, Spanx no longer calls any of their tank/cami's "3 panel"! LOL If you type in that name, 3 panel tank/cami, they show you a 2 panel one, not the 3 panel one, so Spanx backed off of Heather's patented 3 panel design. So I guess in the long run, Heather won in the end.

As far as Bravo not showcasing YT because of Bethenny and her SG line, they are very different products and Heather never did push her line, like Bethenny did this season, for the 2 seasons she was on the show before Bethenny came back. I think Heather shows as a more rounded and more grounded woman that what we see/get in Bethenny.

IMO, Heather has shown restraint and patience in dealing with Ramona and especially Sonja, far more than I ever would and Heather self reflects much more than Bethenny ever has, more than most of the NY HWs IMO. Bethenny is also "sometimes abrasive" (even more so than Heather IMO) and her target buyer's are also women, yet here she is, AGAIN, because she knows being on this show helps boost the sales of her products.

I do agree that Heather is very busy and I don't know where she found the time to film but she did. I would love for her to come back next season but understand if she is tired of the manufactured drama and/or wanting to spend more time/effort/energy on those she loves.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9

Yes, the lawsuits against each other were dismissed, I do believe that Spanx filed first, NOT Heather from what I read, but if you go to Spanx or QVC, Spanx no longer calls any of their tank/cami's "3 panel"! LOL If you type in that name, 3 panel tank/cami, they show you a 2 panel one, not the 3 panel one, so Spanx backed off of Heather's patented 3 panel design. So I guess in the long run, Heather won in the end.

As far as Bravo not showcasing YT because of Bethenny and her SG line, they are very different products and Heather never did push her line, like Bethenny did this season, for the 2 seasons she was on the show before Bethenny came back. I think Heather shows as a more rounded and more grounded woman that what we see/get in Bethenny.

IMO, Heather has shown restraint and patience in dealing with Ramona and especially Sonja, far more than I ever would and Heather self reflects much more than Bethenny ever has, more than most of the NY HWs IMO. Bethenny is also "sometimes abrasive" (even more so than Heather IMO) and her target buyer's are also women, yet here she is, AGAIN, because she knows being on this show helps boost the sales of her products.

I do agree that Heather is very busy and I don't know where she found the time to film but she did. I would love for her to come back next season but understand if she is tired of the manufactured drama and/or wanting to spend more time/effort/energy on those she loves.

I actually think Heather has pushed her line quite hard this season, but Bravo chose not to show any of it. I think because Bravo spent one million to get Bethenny back and one of conditions seems to be lots of opportunities to showcase Skinny Girl they cut Heather's Yummie Tummie stories out so this season didn't feel like competing infomercials. We saw in flashback that Heather opened a Yummie Tummie boutique in a department store that was filmed. All of the jeans at Kristen's charity event were Yummie Tummie. Heather gave all of the ladies Yummie Tummie gift bags on vacation and LuAnn was chiding Heather to "be cool" wearing Yummie products.

• Love 3

I actually think Heather has pushed her line quite hard this season, but Bravo chose not to show any of it. I think because Bravo spent one million to get Bethenny back and one of conditions seems to be lots of opportunities to showcase Skinny Girl they cut Heather's Yummie Tummie stories out so this season didn't feel like competing infomercials. We saw in flashback that Heather opened a Yummie Tummie boutique in a department store that was filmed. All of the jeans at Kristen's charity event were Yummie Tummie. Heather gave all of the ladies Yummie Tummie gift bags on vacation and LuAnn was chiding Heather to "be cool" wearing Yummie products.

She did get her YT line in but not to where she could describe them like she did before in her fashion show or when it was really a featured scene/topic but she has never rammed her YT line in our faces like Bethenny did this season. I swear that we saw some product of Bethenny's in most of the episodes, I know it was probably more like 80% of the episodes but it felt like every single one! LOL IMO, Bethenny should have paid Bravo for the season long SG infomercial they did for her, not pay her to be on the show. LOL

• Love 6

It was reported that her ex (and his family) did not like what the show was about after their first season and demanded that Lexi not be on camera. That Dina left mid season and that Bravo allowed her to walk says it was more than just her troubles with Danielle because they love that stuff, I do believe the stories about Dina signing her ex's signature the second season are true and that he threatened to go for sole custody. Of course she would deny that she did something like that because that would reflect badly on her. I believe he was in Greece when the show was filmed (summer), or at least a good part of the time.  Lexi telling her father what she said/did on the show is different than what was aired on the show and I don't think she would know about what happened during the times just Dina was filmed.

Yes, Teresa and Dina thought they owned the show and IMO, Teresa still believes she does. Much like Bethenny and Ramona believe they owns this, NY, show. LOL Bethenny needs to remember that the show survived after she left, even though ratings dropped, but she was not the only HW that left at the end of that season and Ramona needs to remember that they are all replaceable.

The signature thing came up during the first season and Lexi went to Greece with her father.  I do think they disapproved and there was nothing that could be done as there were signed releases.  Bravo would have dropped those scenes like a hot potato if there were any truth to the allegations.  Dina walked during the second season and waltzed into a HGTV show.

I know this isn't popular with Bethenny fans but after Bethenny exited after Season 3 the ratings actually went up a bit for Season 4.  After the exit of Jill, Kelly and Alex the ratings went down quite a bit.  So this cast and its variations has struggled.  I don't think Bethenny was all that successful in increasing the ratings this season and she consumed much of the air time with talking heads and making fun of people. There doesn't seem to be anyone willing to address it at the Reunion-something I thought heather would be great at doing. The ratings were improved over last year which were dismal.  Between Bookgate, Kristen's marriage and Aviva last year was just a terrible season.

• Love 2

She did get her YT line in but not to where she could describe them like she did before in her fashion show or when it was really a featured scene/topic but she has never rammed her YT line in our faces like Bethenny did this season. I swear that we saw some product of Bethenny's in most of the episodes, I know it was probably more like 80% of the episodes but it felt like every single one! LOL IMO, Bethenny should have paid Bravo for the season long SG infomercial they did for her, not pay her to be on the show. LOL

I agree. Heather tried, but Bethenny succeeded and then overwhelmed us with Skinny Girl. There was the SG brunch in the Hamptons, the SG branding summit, the SG launch party, the SG bar in the vacation home in the T&C, the SG mini bars at the cupcake decorating and at the nail salon, and the SG water she was always sipping at every scene where they wouldn't let her set up a bar. I feel like I'm missing one. Did she have a SG bar in her room in Atlantic City? Plus there was the SG red in her new apartment. There is also her SG portable mini bar when she was homeless and needed to have a display as she moved from hotel to hotel. When I start remembering ALL of the scenes it gives me PTSD. I wish they had cut some of this stuff out and given even a little of that time to Heather or Kristen. Bethenny and her SG pimping felt oppressive.

• Love 11

I agree. Heather tried, but Bethenny succeeded and then overwhelmed us with Skinny Girl. There was the SG brunch in the Hamptons, the SG branding summit, the SG launch party, the SG bar in the vacation home in the T&C, the SG mini bars at the cupcake decorating and at the nail salon, and the SG water she was always sipping at every scene where they wouldn't let her set up a bar. I feel like I'm missing one. Did she have a SG bar in her room in Atlantic City? Plus there was the SG red in her new apartment. There is also her SG portable mini bar when she was homeless and needed to have a display as she moved from hotel to hotel. When I start remembering ALL of the scenes it gives me PTSD. I wish they had cut some of this stuff out and given even a little of that time to Heather or Kristen. Bethenny and her SG pimping felt oppressive.

I agree way too much Skinny Girl.  Bethenny is obnoxious with the Skinny Girl stuff.  I will say we are exposed to YT tee-shirts etc and YT.  I do think if Heather stays she should get some YT glasses and use those when she hosts a party. 

Heather got plenty of exposure because of Kristen and I didn't realize she had just launched her exercise wear and leggings.   I think it would have been better if they would have done a work out session with ALL the RH wearing YT exercise wear.  Heather workouts are tough so I can see wear most of the others would pass.  

• Love 1

And she tried to pimp Skinnygirl at their T&C house.

And I still feel like we're missing something. Too much.

I would much rather have seen more YT product placement. The line gets such raves and I think some of the "wives" wore selections from the line yet Heather got little attribution.

Nice view from her office, though.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

I think Heather should have hosted a weekend away and then scheduled a workout for the women to participate in.  They could all show up in their YT duds, but instead of working out they:

Get drunk instead.

Wander around the exercise studio saying, "This is boring."  "This is lame."

Stand on chairs and talk about how bossy they are.

• Love 1

And she tried to pimp Skinnygirl at their T&C house.

I agree.  Too much SG product placement.  But this is why Beth is a millionaire many times over.  The type of products she's shilling are easy 'shows' during an episode.  A bunch of different things that can easily be seen in a scene.  Bottles of water, sweeteners, household items.  A couple of seasons ago, she had a SkinnyGirl convertible Volkswagen. 

Unless Heather starts wearing clothes with the YT logo all over, it's just not the type of product that's going to be as showy during an episode.  I almost think any product they want exposure for needs to be food and/or beverage related because almost every episode has that.  But now that Bethenny has done it, and is allowed to continue to do it, there's really no room for anyone else.

• Love 1

I don't even know what the YT logo is! lol

Have I even seen her logo on any of the shows? She must have one. If not, she missed some brand-display opportunities.

I think LuLu was wearing her stuff in a scene. I can't pick it out. And I would if I could cuz I love stuff like that.

• Love 5

I agree way too much Skinny Girl.  Bethenny is obnoxious with the Skinny Girl stuff.  I will say we are exposed to YT tee-shirts etc and YT.  I do think if Heather stays she should get some YT glasses and use those when she hosts a party. 

Heather got plenty of exposure because of Kristen and I didn't realize she had just launched her exercise wear and leggings.   I think it would have been better if they would have done a work out session with ALL the RH wearing YT exercise wear.  Heather workouts are tough so I can see wear most of the others would pass.  

Heather has had YT leggings and yoga pants for a long time. I own several pairs of her boot cut leggings and I got them before she joined the show. LOL I think the only HWs that would have been able to do a real workout with Heather would have been Bethenny and Kristen. Carole would cheer them on, she hates to workout/exercise, Ramona and Sonja would pass out after a few minutes and I don't see LuAnn wanting anyone to see her sweat on camera. LOL

(the YT pants I have make my non existent flat{ish} butt look great! And I gave 1 pair to my DIL who has a nice butt and they make hers look great as well. I finally tried on the tanks I bought from her and they fit wonderfully and really smooth out my torso/shrinking belly/back and are as light as can be) I have now lost 59 lbs and still counting! YEA!

I don't even know what the YT logo is! lol

Have I even seen her logo on any of the shows? She must have one. If not, she missed some brand-display opportunities.

I think LuLu was wearing her stuff in a scene. I can't pick it out. And I would if I could cuz I love stuff like that.

The scene when they wake LuAnn up in T&C and when she comes out of the her bedroom saying "cool/uncool" with her robe open, she is wearing a YT bra and panties. Heather let us know she was wearing them in her blog and on twitter otherwise no one knew. LOL

• Love 5

Here's her logo.  I have one of her bras that I sleep in.  It was supposed to be for moderate impact exercise but is only supportive enough for walking around and sleeping in.   The fabric is nice and has never pilled. 

2F864A6CB-EEC9-7AD9-758E4DE29EEED2B7.jpg

• Love 3

The ratings were improved over last year which were dismal.  Between Bookgate, Kristen's marriage and Aviva last year was just a terrible season.

Whew!  Then I'm really glad I missed it and only got to see the S5 Reunion last week.

I have mixed feelings about the product placement on the show.  I do agree we got more Skinny Girl than we should have this season.  I'll chalk that up to being part of the "deal" for Bethenny's return.   As much as I dislike having infomercials in every episode, I understand why they do it.  I just wish they did a better job of it.   We're supposed to be watching the lives of successful women and their business ventures are what make them successful (or not).  Instead of showcasing their products (aka shoving them down our throats), I'd prefer they give us a glimpse of their day to day struggles creating/maintaining their business and a little less manufactured vacation drama.

• Love 7

Instead of showcasing their products (aka shoving them down our throats), I'd prefer they give us a glimpse of their day to day struggles creating/maintaining their business and a little less manufactured vacation drama.

I agree but I still want vacations.  Give me a glimpse of their executive decision making skills and less nit picking over dinners and bedazzling.  I don't want to see Sonja's lady bits nor hear of Carole barfing on some guy's shoes.  I'm tired of seeing women acting like teenagers.  Bringing Jenny McCarthy on will only bring more idiocy and bad behavior.  God, I am really bothered by the thought of her getting an apple. LOL

• Love 8

Here's her logo.  I have one of her bras that I sleep in.  It was supposed to be for moderate impact exercise but is only supportive enough for walking around and sleeping in.   The fabric is nice and has never pilled. 

2F864A6CB-EEC9-7AD9-758E4DE29EEED2B7.jpg

That is an absolutely horrible logo.

• Love 3

The workout scene with Carole, Heather and Kristen was with Yummie workout clothing. You notice SkinnyGirl because it has a distinct color scheme and logo. Yummie does not, but it's there. Heather is pushing it just as hard as Bethenny, it's just less noticeable in the episodes.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

Heather was holding a SG fan at Kristen's charity event. And I have been meaning to ask so will now since it is a topic. When they were at Dorinda's birthday party dinner, b had several bottles of booze in front of her plate and she made specific comment while holding her face to them and pointing, I don't know which one to choose or something like that. It was pretty fast but I always wondered if it was her SG products that she placed in front of her. No one else had bottles sitting lined up at their plates. 

I like the type of the words yummie tummie but the symbol above it, I guess the logo, reminds me of a maxi pad symbol or something. I don't get workout gear at all from it.

LOL, the logo looks like a female torso with a square belly button. LOL Heather's YT line is based on her original designs that were strictly shape wear, hence the ) ( that resembles a woman's curves. Why she went with a square belly button is anyone's guess.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

LOL, the logo looks like a female torso with a square belly button. LOL Heather's YT line is based on her original designs that were strictly shape wear, hence the ) ( that resembles a woman's curves. Why she went with a square belly button is anyone's guess.

It's not what I see....I'm just gonna say, imagine the ) ( as inner thighs.

I don't have to mention what that makes the .

• Love 1

It's not what I see....I'm just gonna say, imagine the ) ( as inner thighs.

I don't have to mention what that makes the .

LOL, Bad, you are so BAD! LOL The ) ( represents the desired smooth hour glass look that many women strive for without any lumps or bumps, the quint essential 36, 26, 36 shape. 

It really is a terrible logo.

I was thinking I didn't really want to sport a belly-button logo. I saw the torso but now I see maxi-pad!

Does it appear on the upper left chest like most? Is it even on the garments?

But good for her winning the three-panel Spanx lawsuit. That had to take tenacity.

ETA not lookin' at thighs, not lookin'...

Edited by NewDigs

I thought the curved lines and middle box stood for a "H"...lol! After reading the comments it looks like a thin waist with the square as the navel. In other words a "Yummie Tummie."

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

It really is a terrible logo.

I was thinking I didn't really want to sport a belly-button logo. I saw the torso but now I see maxi-pad!

Does it appear on the upper left chest like most? Is it even on the garments?

But good for her winning the three-panel Spanx lawsuit. That had to take tenacity.

ETA not lookin' at thighs, not lookin'...

The lawsuits by both Heather and Spanx were dismissed but Spanx is no longer selling a 3 panel tank/cami.

Heather's logo is placed on the inside of her clothes not on the outside. It may be different with her jeans though but when I have seen them featured on HSN, I never noticed a logo on them.

ETA, I just went to HSN because they give you a close up look at her jeans from several angles, including the back pockets, and there is no logo on them to be seen anywhere on the outside of them.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

LOL, Bad, you are so BAD! LOL The ) ( represents the desired smooth hour glass look that many women strive for without any lumps or bumps, the quint essential 36, 26, 36 shape.

I'm just saying, if I was going to emoticon a butthole, I'd do it like this ) . (

• Love 2

I'm just saying, if I was going to emoticon a butthole, I'd do it like this ) . (

Wouldn't it be more like this ( . ) , showing the curve of the butt cheeks? LOL Oh Lord, what you have started, Thank Heavens I am not someone that cares about logos or I will picture that every time I order another YT piece ! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1