Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

I don't think Heather has any more issues with her co-stars than is usual on these shows. Lu, Ramona and Beth have all had a problem with most all of their co-stars at one point. The thing with Heather is that I don't think the others usually have an issue with her; it is Heather who usually has an issue with them. In my mind there is a big difference. Ramona said from the beginning that she didn't have a problem with Heather; she was only trying to be helpful (whatever). She didn't know Heather well enough at the time to actually have a reason to not like her.  It was Heather who had a problem with Ramona, and Heather who showed Ramona who was boss. Despite the huge humiliation that Ramona received that season at the hands of a newbie, she came to like Heather and they've not had any real issues since then. It was Heather who had a problem with Sonja. Sonja was pretty much fine with their relationship. it was Heather who called Sonja out as a rude, mean, entitled bitch. After that of course Sonja pointed out that Heather was bossy and controlling. She didn't mention this or mind this trait in Heather prior to Heather exposing to the world once again how delusional Sonja is. Beth has said her problems with Heather were mostly in her head, and certainly no one - including Dorinda - actually understands what her issues with Heather are supposed to be about. She cannot even explain them or give a single example except for the not waiting for her a dinner thing. 

The funny thing is that the conversation on this forum last season was about how unusual it was that Heather was pretty much liked by every other woman on the show. I remember the episode where she sang at the club. All the HW's were just gushing over her. Not just about her singing; but pointing out that she was just good at everything. She she was smart, fearless, fun, loyal. We discussed at the time that we couldn't ever remember another HW event where there was absolutely zero cattiness among the other ladies. They were all so happy for Heather and it appeared that everyone really cared about her. 

• Love 8
...drunkenly screaming at and chasing after two-three people, Jonathan included

tumblr_mbkwkePE0T1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

And Jonathan, likely is the long suffering husband that Bravo is portraying him to be.

Huh? The guy probably had a total of fifteen minutes screentime over three seasons.

Maybe Jonathan has been "suffering" for a long time, but I don't recall him ever saying or doing anything on the show that would indicate that. (I don't possess the power to read minds, though.)

• Love 10

Well, the Pope will be in NYC the end of the month. Someone should start a petition to canonize Heather...

Right?  Hollalujah. Maybe the Holy Ghost(writer) can pen a Hymn to Heather. Unfortunately for the Almighty Hatchet Thrower, the title, "How Great Art Thou" is already taken.

giphy.gif

LOL  I will miss her. In all sincerity....

• Love 1

The only person who has a problem with Heather now is Dorinda. And well, Dorinda was ridiculous with the why didn't you wait for me or the hypocritical Fuck You Dinner. Most of them have had 'problems' with another through the seasons. Lu has a problem with Carole who had a problem with Aviva last season. And then we had Lu having a problem with Ro. The list goes on and on.

Maybe the problem is that Heather didn't suck up to Beth. Neither did Kris. Maybe the production company saw another series starring Beth which equates money for them. Let's face it. In the end, it's all about money. Neither Heather or Kris played the game. The Real Housewives of NYC morphed into the Bethenny Starting Over preview this season. Neither Heather or Kris played the game. Production gambled heavily on this and they failed. So I guess Heather is hard to work with because she didn't play the right game. Kuddos to her.

Uh huh, Yeah,Yeah!

--

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

Maybe Jonathan has been "suffering" for a long time, but I don't recall him ever saying or doing anything on the show that would indicate that. (I don't possess the power to read minds, though.)

The only example I had to see to know this guy suffers, was him going to the baby shower for the woman he didn't even know.  The only reason he did that was because either Heather or production gave him marching papers to do so. Sure maybe he's just a nice guy who really wanted to sit there with mainly female strangers while the guest, who was also a stranger, oohed and ahhhed over baby socks and burp cloths.

And I agree that we've only seen him for about 15 minutes but he always looks downtrodden, like he'd rather be somewhere else, or in the case of Heather's meatball tirade, embarrassed and not able to pound the sake fast enough.

• Love 1

Too True, motorcitymom65 and breezy424.

But, well, you know, people do love vituperatively bringing strong others down to their, well, you know.

(for example, castmates)

Anyway, Haters Gonna Hate.

(The above, urban black slang phraseology appropriated and well utilized by a great many. And, some making mad money off of its usage--ie Taylor Swift)

So ALL be filled with The Holla Ghost!!

And, EVE-RY-BOD-Y saaay, HOLLA!

I don't think Heather has any more issues with her co-stars than is usual on these shows. Lu, Ramona and Beth have all had a problem with most all of their co-stars at one point. The thing with Heather is that I don't think the others usually have an issue with her; it is Heather who usually has an issue with them. In my mind there is a big difference. Ramona said from the beginning that she didn't have a problem with Heather; she was only trying to be helpful (whatever). She didn't know Heather well enough at the time to actually have a reason to not like her. It was Heather who had a problem with Ramona, and Heather who showed Ramona who was boss. Despite the huge humiliation that Ramona received that season at the hands of a newbie, she came to like Heather and they've not had any real issues since then. It was Heather who had a problem with Sonja. Sonja was pretty much fine with their relationship. it was Heather who called Sonja out as a rude, mean, entitled bitch. After that of course Sonja pointed out that Heather was bossy and controlling. She didn't mention this or mind this trait in Heather prior to Heather exposing to the world once again how delusional Sonja is. Beth has said her problems with Heather were mostly in her head, and certainly no one - including Dorinda - actually understands what her issues with Heather are supposed to be about. She cannot even explain them or give a single example except for the not waiting for her a dinner thing.

The funny thing is that the conversation on this forum last season was about how unusual it was that Heather was pretty much liked by every other woman on the show. I remember the episode where she sang at the club. All the HW's were just gushing over her. Not just about her singing; but pointing out that she was just good at everything. She she was smart, fearless, fun, loyal. We discussed at the time that we couldn't ever remember another HW event where there was absolutely zero cattiness among the other ladies. They were all so happy for Heather and it appeared that everyone really cared about her.

The only person who has a problem with Heather now is Dorinda. And well, Dorinda was ridiculous with the why didn't you wait for me or the hypocritical Fuck You Dinner. Most of them have had 'problems' with another through the seasons. Lu has a problem with Carole who had a problem with Aviva last season. And then we had Lu having a problem with Ro. The list goes on and on.

Maybe the problem is that Heather didn't suck up to Beth. Neither did Kris. Maybe the production company saw another series starring Beth which equates money for them. Let's face it. In the end, it's all about money. Neither Heather or Kris played the game. The Real Housewives of NYC morphed into the Bethenny Starting Over preview this season. Neither Heather or Kris played the game. Production gambled heavily on this and they failed. So I guess Heather is hard to work with because she didn't play the right game. Kuddos to her.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 4
The only example I had to see to know this guy suffers, was him going to the baby shower for the woman he didn't even know. 

And you concluded from that one example that it was a long-term, ongoing thing which Bravo set out to portray?

Sure maybe he's just a nice guy who really wanted to sit there with mainly female strangers while the guest, who was also a stranger, oohed and ahhhed over baby socks and burp cloths.

Well, that can hardly be possible, if "the only reason he did that was because either Heather or production gave him marching papers to do so".

Jonathan "always" looks downtrodden? Sorry, but that's simply not true.

• Love 6

Each season the same questions are asked, "Why does Ramona have a problem with Heather?" "Why does Kristen have a problem with Heather?"  "Why does Bethenny have a problem with Heather?"  "Why does Dorinda have a problem with Heather?"  "Why does production have a problem with Heather?"  "I can't figure out why Dorinda has a problem with Heather..."

Either they're all jealous haters or could it be possible that Heather really is that hard to work with?

The only person who has a problem with Heather now is Dorinda.  And well, Dorinda was ridiculous with the why didn't you wait for me or the hypocritical Fuck You Dinner.  Most of them have had 'problems' with another through the seasons.   Lu has a problem with Carole who had a problem with Aviva last season.  And then we had Lu having a problem with Ro.  The list goes on and on.

I'm in agreement with you and MCM.  Each of them has had a problem with another at some time.  But why have WE never questioned:  "Why does Lu have a problem with Ramona?"  or Carole with Luann.  Heather is the only one, correct me if I'm wrong, that so many are constantly asking, "Why is so and so upset with Heather?"  "What did Heather do to deserve this treatment?"

It's just inconceivable to me that she's viewed as so pure, /Dorinda, - so blameless - that she does nothing behind the scenes that hasn't aggravated the crap out of the cast and probably the producers to warrant their problems with her.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

And you concluded from that one example that it was a long-term, ongoing thing which Bravo set out to portray?

Well, that can hardly be possible, if "the only reason he did that was because either Heather or production gave him marching papers to do so".

Jonathan "always" looks downtrodden? Sorry, but that's simply not true.

Okay, maybe at his anniversary party he looked happy.  For some reason that epi is never put in rerun, else I'd watch it again.  One other time he didn't look downtrodden was when he was talking about how he wanted a three way for his anniversary. Then, he just looked uncomfortable and like he was only saying it to look like he had some type of control in that relationship. 

From what I've seen of Jonathon, he seems like a nice enough kind of guy. But they seem like opposites.  Heather just seems more compatible with someone like Josh, sans his cheating, of course.

I'm in agreement with you and MCM.  Each of them has had a problem with another at some time.  But why have WE never questioned:  "Why does Lu have a problem with Ramona?"  or Carole with Luann.  Heather is the only one, correct me if I'm wrong, that so many are constantly asking, "Why is so and so upset with Heather?"  "What did Heather do to deserve this treatment?"

It's just inconceivable to me that she's viewed as so pure, /Dorinda, - so blameless - that she does nothing behind the scenes that hasn't aggravated the crap out of the cast and probably the producers to warrant their problems with her.

I guess the thing with me is that I did understand the issues the others had with Heather, even if I thought they were silly. I got what Ramona's problem with her was because Ramona is crazy and and we had seen her throw fits about things like missing Pinot Grigio at a party or someone bringing their man to "girls night". She was rude and ridiculous with Heather, but she explained what her problem was in the moment, so we got it. Same with Sonja. We got the problem. We all knew that Beth would have issues with Heather.  We talked about it nonstop here last year when we found out Beth was coming back. Their personalities were just sure to clash. We were able to see the build up to Heather driving Beth nuts. That is not the same thing as believing that Heather should be driving Beth nuts, but we got it and Beth did a pretty good job of explaining why she felt the way she did, and why in some ways she was wrong. The thing with Dorinda is just so different from anything I have ever seen. One minute friends, the next minute she is screaming at her and we were never clued in as to what the specific problem was. 

• Love 5

Jonathan didn't look downtrodden at the dinner party at Carole's, at the mud run, or when hanging behind LuAnn's bar in the Hamptons. He also seemed to be enjoying himself with his family at the beach, and when he's been shown dancing at some of the events. (And that's just off the top of my head; there could be more examples.)

• Love 7

The thing with Dorinda is just so different from anything I have ever seen. One minute friends, the next minute she is screaming at her and we were never clued in as to what the specific problem was. 

Also agree.  So in the end, not that sides matter, but at this time, where do you think the alliances lie with Dorinda? IOW, if Heather and Dorinda had teams, bear with me LOL, who would be on Dorinda's team at this time and who would be on Heather's? 

My point is, that yes, Dorinda looked and acted bat shit crazy.  But I've seen enough of Heather's bossy behavior to believe that Heather had bossed her, shushed her, berated her at some point in their relationship for Dorinda to finally snap.  And Dorinda being a mean, drunkety drunk didn't help matters. 

Imo, (and I hate to have to write IMO but I sho nuff don't want to be pretentious ;-) I think if the HWs have to choose, Dorinda's team would have more players.  Imo.  I think the only ones who would be on Heather's team is Kristen and Carole.  And I believe this is so, because they've all seen things we haven't in addition to the things we have.

• Love 2

Also agree.  So in the end, not that sides matter, but at this time, where do you think the alliances lie with Dorinda? IOW, if Heather and Dorinda had teams, bear with me LOL, who would be on Dorinda's team at this time and who would be on Heather's? 

My point is, that yes, Dorinda looked and acted bat shit crazy.  But I've seen enough of Heather's bossy behavior to believe that Heather had bossed her, shushed her, berated her at some point in their relationship for Dorinda to finally snap.  And Dorinda being a mean, drunkety drunk didn't help matters. 

Imo, (and I hate to have to write IMO but I sho nuff don't want to be pretentious ;-) I think if the HWs have to choose, Dorinda's team would have more players.  Imo.  I think the only ones who would be on Heather's team is Kristen and Carole.  And I believe this is so, because they've all seen things we haven't in addition to the things we have.

I think that you are right, and that Dorinda would have more people on her team. I think that is because in many ways, the gals - especially the old guard - are more similar. I think at the end of the day that Heather's biggest problem was that she didn't fit in with the group in ways that Sonja, Lu, and Ramona did. These are people who need this show like oxygen. There is a certain desperation there, but also an understanding among the group. They have come to view their role on the show as such a huge part of who they are, and I think that they view people who don't with a certain skepticism. Heather needed to get with the program so to speak. Heather needed to invite Ramona to England regardless of how poorly Ramona treated her because that was the way things were done and to not do so would limit Ramona's camera time. She needed to understand that Lu had to throw a fit after the fact about Heather barging into her room because she needed a story to advance. They could make up later and all would be forgiven, because that is the way that things work.  Lu and Sonja both said terrible things to each other last year as late as the reunion, but not a word was really spoken about it this year. Heather needed to be a better sport about it all, because their hunger is real, while she has other, bigger stuff going on. I think at the end of the day they probably didn't think she took this all as seriously as they did. She wasn't willing to do anything to keep her job, and didn't understand why the others would be. I think that while they may have liked her, they never felt any loyalty to her. 

While I kind of liked Dorinda in the beginning, I think she has shown herself to be someone who wants to sit at the popular table. As I said in an earlier post, it might be hard to remember, but Heather came into this season extremely popular. She had an outstanding season last year, both with the cast and with the viewers. You remember how lonely it was last year to be someone who didn't like Heather? It was hard to find many people who didn't just like her, but love and admire her.  I can imagine that this was attractive to Dorinda as she started the season. I think that when it became clear that Beth didn't care for her and that Beth was the one who needed to bless the festivities, Dorinda decided to distance herself from Heather even though she didn't really have a good reason. I think that everyone knows that, including Beth, who basically called her out on it. 

• Love 10

So true. If Heather has less people on her "team," then I consider that a badge of honor. She's too good for this show. As MCM wrote, the others desperately need the show. Heather doesn't. That speaks well for her, and not so well for the others.

• Love 9

Right?  Hollalujah. Maybe the Holy Ghost(writer) can pen a Hymn to Heather. Unfortunately for the Almighty Hatchet Thrower, the title, "How Great Art Thou" is already taken.

giphy.gif

LOL  I will miss her. In all sincerity....

Your just a big softy ryebread!

XX

• Love 1

Too True, motorcitymom65 and breezy424.

But, well, you know, people do love vituperatively bringing strong others down to their, well, you know.

(for example, castmates)

Anyway, Haters Gonna Hate.

(The above, urban black slang phraseology appropriated and well utilized by a great many. And, some making mad money off of its usage--ie Taylor Swift)

So ALL be filled with The Holla Ghost!!

And, EVE-RY-BOD-Y saaay, HOLLA!

Holla right back at ya BookElitist. I admire Heather and hope we hear from her again on RHONY. Edited by talula
  • Love 3

. I think that when it became clear that Beth didn't care for her and that Beth was the one who needed to bless the festivities, Dorinda decided to distance herself from Heather even though she didn't really have a good reason. I think that everyone knows that, including Beth, who basically called her out on it. 

^^^^THIS^^^^^ is why Dorinda turned on Heather. She knew enough and I am sure Luann, Ramona and Sonja filled her in, that the best/quickest way to keep her job was to align with Bethenny. That Bethenny and Heather would finally came to common ground never dawned on Dorinda and I suspect that she thought Heather would just understand why she did it. She over estimated how much Bethenny likes a butt kisser and under estimated how much Heather would tolerate.

• Love 7

Good post, MCM.  I agree with most.

Hey, we're getting ready to go to the J. Geils concert at DTE.  Long shot, but you're not going are you?  I'd meet you at the bar between bands (Ian Hunter is opening) and we could discuss this further. Or not.  But I'd buy you a dirty martini, for sure, and show my husband that my "imaginary friends" as he calls y'all - are real. 

• Love 3

And I agree that we've only seen him for about 15 minutes but he always looks downtrodden, like he'd rather be somewhere else, or in the case of Heather's meatball tirade, embarrassed and not able to pound the sake fast enough.

I don't know if he's downtrodden, but there was a very ugly dynamic at work when Heather snapped at him to stay out of things -- just made my skin crawl (still one of the weirdest Housewife moments for me, because it seemed very genuine, and thus, pretty brutal. He just.. subsided right away, as if it were the norm.)

I guess Jax's relationship with his mom is troubled, since his eyes are open and looking away from Heather.

I'm happy Heather is leaving -- can't stand her - but this is hilarious!

• Love 4

^^^^THIS^^^^^ is why Dorinda turned on Heather. She knew enough and I am sure Luann, Ramona and Sonja filled her in, that the best/quickest way to keep her job was to align with Bethenny. That Bethenny and Heather would finally came to common ground never dawned on Dorinda and I suspect that she thought Heather would just understand why she did it. She over estimated how much Bethenny likes a butt kisser and under estimated how much Heather would tolerate.

Absolutely Hollalicious!

• Love 3

I'm not gonna get into the Heather argument because it's beyond pointless now but I will say Jonathan is an adorable puppy and I am sad I won't see his precious face on screen anymore. I also really liked heathers kids. I wonder how jax is doing.

• Love 10

Well, the Pope will be in NYC the end of the month. Someone should start a petition to canonize Heather...

Well, I'm no Catholic. But I'm here and I'll take up that task. All Hail Heather. Genuflect and make the sign of the YT. Holla!

• Love 6

When she's phony-smiling I think of Bruce the Shark. I can not lie. But when she smiles like this:

heather_thomson_getty-300x300.jpg Pretty. See?

I think it's the exact opposite. All the photos of Heather grinning posted by Talula are genuine. This photo you posted is a fake polite smile. Heather is also a nervous smiler, and often smiles to diffuse tension. I think a lot of people do this.

And to give Heather credit, she keeps on smiling that "shark grin" - even though tons of women attack her for it. I'm not exactly sure what's expected of her. I guess she can affect the covering your mouth when you laugh/smile that those ashamed of their teeth often do. Heather manages to get out of bed every day and leave her home ..... Even with that feral grin and beak of a nose. I love that her family tells her she can't get a nose job. What a more self-accepting world we would have if we didn't focus (and attempt to change) our imperfect physical features. I think Ella's learning more about self-love from her mother than most of the housewive's children.

• Love 13

I think it's the exact opposite. All the photos of Heather grinning posted by Talula are genuine. This photo you posted is a fake polite smile. Heather is also a nervous smiler, and often smiles to diffuse tension. I think a lot of people do this.

And to give Heather credit, she keeps on smiling that "shark grin" - even though tons of women attack her for it. I'm not exactly sure what's expected of her. I guess she can affect the covering your mouth when you laugh/smile that those ashamed of their teeth often do. Heather manages to get out of bed every day and leave her home ..... Even with that feral grin and beak of a nose. I love that her family tells her she can't get a nose job. What a more self-accepting world we would have if we didn't focus (and attempt to change) our imperfect physical features. I think Ella's learning more about self-love from her mother than most of the housewive's children.

I have to say, we women are horrid about how these HW's look. Their physical appearance that is. We cut them down  because they naturally have an overbite, a large nose, a full smile, a long neck, a small belly that is noticeable in a tight dress, bad skin scaring from acne as a teen/young adult, ect. Then we cut them down because they get too much Botox, too much filler, their boob job is too big/small/too high/too low, they wear too much makeup on a TV show, hair extensions, thinning hair, ect. JS

• Love 14

I always thought Heather was the most genuine housewife on this show. Although I thought her mouth was foul many times

I think Kristen is most genuine because she's too simpleminded not to be. Heather is not without at least her fair share of strategic disingenuousness and cringeworthy affectation.

• Love 3

I have to say, we women are horrid about how these HW's look. Their physical appearance that is. We cut them down because they naturally have an overbite, a large nose, a full smile, a long neck, a small belly that is noticeable in a tight dress, bad skin scaring from acne as a teen/young adult, ect. Then we cut them down because they get too much Botox, too much filler, their boob job is too big/small/too high/too low, they wear too much makeup on a TV show, hair extensions, thinning hair, ect. JS

True... But we're just so darn witty!

• Love 4

I have to say, we women are horrid about how these HW's look. Their physical appearance that is. We cut them down  because they naturally have an overbite, a large nose, a full smile, a long neck, a small belly that is noticeable in a tight dress, bad skin scaring from acne as a teen/young adult, ect. Then we cut them down because they get too much Botox, too much filler, their boob job is too big/small/too high/too low, they wear too much makeup on a TV show, hair extensions, thinning hair, ect. JS

Personally, I think it's worse when we cut them down for their addictions, mental illnesses, personality traits.  Easier to fix an overbite or a bad weave than a flaky personality due to being on the spectrum or an abusive childhood.

We can ALL be shits. Nobody is above reproach when it comes to snarking on the HWs, here. 

If it starts to pain my soul, I'll stop.  But for now, as long as they put themselves out there - making bad choices, wearing ugly clothes and crying crocodile tears, I'm not losing any sleep over joking about Heather's eleventy billion teeth.

• Love 2

Why anyone would take the 'wife' part OUT of their twitter/instagram profile and remove pictures of said spouse if there wasn't an issue and why other forums and tabs are discussing this.  And really, what married couple hasn't had issues?  That's why I don't understand the denial that anything could possibly be going on.  They've got a sick child and the wife is a steam rolling, battle axe.  And Jonathon, likely is the long suffering husband that Bravo is portraying him to be.

Besides alluding to Heather's marital issues at dinner in T&C, Bravo did it again during Ramona's renewal party episode.

Honestly, this is why I don't understand people trying to glom onto a narrative where there's deep trouble in Heather's marriage. When Heather was talking with Ramona at the beach side dinner in Turks, and she mentioned an argument with Jonathan that just seemed normal to me. A couple who've been married for 12 years and together for longer than that will have had some issues. When Heather spoke I didn't take it to mean that she was intimating that there were some long-standing, deep-seated marital problems between her and her husband; it was simply that they've had their share of ups and downs. 

It strikes me as weird to constantly be looking for permanent fissures, I guess. 

• Love 11

I probably wouldn't have given a second thought to the state of Heather's marriage if Heather had not brought it up to Ramona. Personally, I thought the way she mockingly stated that she'd *never* tell Jonathan how amazing he is....was just rude and dismissive and made me wonder about their relationship. Add that to the social media info, then the quote from a source that her storyline was cut because she wouldn't let production feature a storyline about her marriage and it makes me go hmmmmmmm. I wonder if her marriage is the reason she decided not to come back.

I wish her the best, I hope if they are having problems that getting off the RH helps. Good for her if she chose to get off the show to help/save her marriage.

• Love 3

It strikes me as weird to constantly be looking for permanent fissures, I guess. 

Think about anything we glom onto and post about. We're all kinda weird. LOL 

Jill thinks we need hobbies.

I probably wouldn't have given a second thought to the state of Heather's marriage if Heather had not brought it up to Ramona.

Not me.  The minute they sign on, I immediately start wondering and worrying about the state of their marriages.  With the percentages of marriages that disintegrate once they make their deals with the devil, how could we not?   

• Love 2

Add that to the social media info, then the quote from a source that her storyline was cut because she wouldn't let production feature a storyline about her marriage and it makes me go hmmmmmmm. I wonder if her marriage is the reason she decided not to come back.

I wish her the best, I hope if they are having problems that getting off the RH helps. Good for her if she chose to get off the show to help/save her marriage.

And because I'm weird and OWN IT ;-)  I have to add this to another clue that Bravo left in. From the last episode, featuring Ramona's renewal party:

Scene: Sonja's bedroom, the day after Sonja's fashion show.

Ramona:  What happened was, Heather and I were talking about marriages.  I conveyed something to Heather about Bethenny's first marriage and I never should have said anything.

Sonja:  You just wanted to tell Heather something juicy or something therapeutic to help them?

Ramona:  It was in conversation about relationships and marriages - how some marriages don't work out for certain reasons, what happens in marriages. It was a conversation. 

Help them?  I have to assume she's talking about Heather and Jon. Who else?  I believe their issues were being discussed behind the scenes amongst the ladies. Bravo wanted to air some of it but Heather put her foot down.  Good for her.  Nothing is worth embarrassing my kids or my husband.

• Love 2
I love that her family tells her she can't get a nose job.

Me, too. I think​ her prominent nose balances out her other facial features, and having a slighter one might make her look weird. (Plus, a humpty nose can be beneficial. *wink*).

Honestly, this is why I don't understand people trying to glom onto a narrative where there's deep trouble in Heather's marriage.

I don't understand how any significant opinion can be made about her marriage, given there's been so little of it shown and talked about on the show. Heather/Jonathan could be filing for divorce tomorrow for all I know, but it would be quite a stretch for a viewer to have seen it coming, imo.

Personally, I thought the way she mockingly stated that she'd *never* tell Jonathan how amazing he is....

I thought Heather said she's not the type to fawn in that way, not that she'd never say it to him?

Didn't Heather say Jax's surgery would happen at the end of the summer? (TIA to anyone who finds any updated info.)

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3

I probably wouldn't have given a second thought to the state of Heather's marriage if Heather had not brought it up to Ramona. Personally, I thought the way she mockingly stated that she'd *never* tell Jonathan how amazing he is....was just rude and dismissive and made me wonder about their relationship. Add that to the social media info, then the quote from a source that her storyline was cut because she wouldn't let production feature a storyline about her marriage and it makes me go hmmmmmmm. I wonder if her marriage is the reason she decided not to come back.

I guess for me it seems a smart decision to make. I'm not married, and I've not been in any relationship as long as Heather and Jonathan have been. However, it would seem to me that having cameras around for even the most minor of (temporary) discord between them would only serve to gin up crazy (crazier?) rumors about the impending demise of their marriage.

Think about anything we glom onto and post about. We're all kinda weird. LOL 

Jill thinks we need hobbies.

Not me.  The minute they sign on, I immediately start wondering and worrying about the state of their marriages.  With the percentages of marriages that disintegrate once they make their deals with the devil, how could we not?

You're right! We have conversations about these women we don't know, certainly. I know I don't particularly care to speculate about when their marriages or relationships will end. I can certainly have an opinion about how douchey I find one of their mates (hey, Josh Taekman, are your ears burning?!), but even during Kristen's first season, even with Josh's awful ways, I don't know if I was counting down the days for when they would call it quits. Or when Ramona and Mario were still together, I still found it kind icky (though I find Ramona herself snakey and slithery) to speculate or countdown the demise of her marriage. 

I'll speculate about a lot, but marriage is just one of those things I'm not comfortable speculating about. 

• Love 6

I don't understand how any significant opinion can be made about her marriage, given there's been so little of it shown and talked about on the show. Heather/Jonathan could be filing for divorce tomorrow for all I know, but it would be quite a stretch for a viewer to have seen it coming, imo.

I don't understand why opining about any of the HWs situations is such a surprise.  Is it because it's Heather? Even if Bravo had given us only 1 instance that made us (me LOL) ponder the state of her marriage, so what?  Thank god there's not a rulebook that says we must have x number of examples before we can state an opinion.

I'll speculate about a lot, but marriage is just one of those things I'm not comfortable speculating about. 

I appreciate that.  I'm not comfortable snarking about the state of a HWs mental health or sex drive or how bratty or ugly their kids are.

But for me, their marriages are fair game. This is the Real Housewives and based on the percentages of their marriages that fail, seems to me Bravo knew a show about wives and husbands would feature the turmoil.  Every marriage has it.  Even Heather's.

• Love 4
I don't understand why opining about any of the HWs situations is such a surprise.  Is it because it's Heather? Even if Bravo had given us only 1 instance that made us (me LOL) ponder the state of her marriage, so what?  Thank god there's not a rulebook that says we must have x number of examples before we can state an opinion.

I don't understand how that was construed from my reply, but okay. *shrugs*

Edited by jaync
  • Love 1

The premise that the state of Heather's marriage is above/beyond speculation is - in my own subjective opinion, of course - simplistic and selective. A not insignificant percentage of both minor and major points of debate actually occur off-screen. And, for instance, indicting Josh Taekman for his nominal villainy over this lates Ashley Madison imbroglio inherently necessitates inference and assumption - like, say, operating from a point of judgment that he and Kristen don't have an open marriage, she doesn't extend him hall passes, etc. Other matters that have transpired away from production's cameras have comprised central storylines to seasons across the franchise and posters haven't been shy about opining on LuAnn's sluttiness (to cite one example) even though she never (thankfully) never fucked or even kissed anyone on broadcast footage. Posts concluding that Aviva "must" have undertaken nefarious salary negotiation tactics in order for Carole and Heather to dislike her so heartily have appeared on this board and, referring back to the Taekmans, TWOP was aflame with adjectives like "abusive" when Josh had the temerity to respond in kind to Kristen's demand as to why he wasn't bringing home bouquets of roses for her. In a comparably brief moment, I saw Heather, presumably after electing to get intoxicated, hiss disrespect to Jonathan in a fashion that struck me as notably ugly. I have no doubt that if one of the husbands had drunkenly wagged their finger in their wife's face and ordered them to "get out of this right now," words like "abusive" would more prevalent. I'd personally find such behavior from my spouse way more disturbing and humiliating than third party conjecture (like that from Ramona or Kristen).

• Love 3

Who has said that Heather's marriage is above or beyond speculation? EYE simply choose not to engage in it because I don't like to speculate (negatively) about any of the HWs' marriages. Like, I specifically name-checked Kristen and Ramona as examples (even though I can't stand Josh, and I dislike Ramona). 

To give further (clarifying?) examples (because why not), I abhor Aviva. Really the only thing I like about the woman is her name because I think her name is beautiful. However, I think she's an absolutely awful human being, and even with my feelings toward I've never felt the need to look for cracks in her marriage to Reid. It simply isn't my bag.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4

I don't want anyone to engage in any speculation they aren't comfortable with, that's the beauty of these boards. Engage when you want and ignore when you don't.

Personally, I don't have a problem speculating, and while I wish Heather and Jon the best, I think there is something that Heather wanted to keep private, and I am even more convinced that is why she left the show.

• Love 5

Good for Heather. I've got to say, I've been married for 15 years and my husband is a wonderful guy…but I can easily see where our relationship would become strained if one of us decided to go on a reality show. I don't think it's a coincidence that so many RH marriages go belly-up (although some probably would regardless of the cameras). My husband firmly believes that some things in a marriage/family should remain private, and would not be happy if I used particular things for a storyline, as compelling as they might be. 

I really like Jonathan and Heather and hope things work out. 

• Love 12

I believe if Heather had marital discord she wouldn't want the public to see that. However, I doubt when it's announced on any show that someone "left" because it usually means they were given notice and allowed to save face.

I still have a tough time believing she left of her own accord based on how much she clamoured to be featured. She was always hungry for camera time and butting into conversations and manufacturing hystrionics, even on the reunion when Carole had to muffle her. It didn't seem like she didn't want them, but that they didn't want her. It's easy to believe they didn't want her because Queen B didn't want to share and she didn't play ball and show her marriage issues, but not that it was she who didn't want to be there and quit on her own.

• Love 4

That's a BIG picture of Heather that sort of jumped right off the page at me.

And...

Over 20 Real Housewives franchise cast members have gotten divorced from their spouses since appearing on the show

MORE than 20!!  See, no matter how solid I thought my marriage was, there's no way I'd ever sign up for this gig just based on that alone.  That's some bad juju. 

Unless -  I was in a crappy marriage and decided, that, for $250K+ I was going to throw caution to the wind because I didn't care where the chips fell.  But good for her if she drew the line.  I wish her well.  And I hope she comes back for guest spots, bossier and brassier than ever.

• Love 2

Good for Heather. I've got to say, I've been married for 15 years and my husband is a wonderful guy…but I can easily see where our relationship would become strained if one of us decided to go on a reality show. I don't think it's a coincidence that so many RH marriages go belly-up (although some probably would regardless of the cameras). My husband firmly believes that some things in a marriage/family should remain private, and would not be happy if I used particular things for a storyline, as compelling as they might be. 

I really like Jonathan and Heather and hope things work out. 

IF there are problems in her marriage, I suspect that it may be as simple as Jonathan/kids having trouble with how little they see her during filming. I don't think she backed off her Y line and still spent considerable time working on that, then add in that she was training for the No Barriers climb/charity as well as filming the show. That would mean she had very little time for her family and IMO, Jon places his family before anyone/anything else and Heather realized that she was not with her family as much as she should have been, so she made the choice, Family FIRST!

• Love 7

IF there are problems in her marriage, I suspect that it may be as simple as Jonathan/kids having trouble with how little they see her during filming. I don't think she backed off her Y line and still spent considerable time working on that, then add in that she was training for the No Barriers climb/charity as well as filming the show. That would mean she had very little time for her family and IMO, Jon places his family before anyone/anything else and Heather realized that she was not with her family as much as she should have been, so she made the choice, Family FIRST!

Add to that she's been going to school to become a nutritionist. 

BTW, accord to Andy, Heather and Carole are his favorite 'smoking' buddies:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/andy-cohen-reveals-the-housewife-who-texts-him-the-most

Anyone hear on WWHL with Ro when she was asked about Heather leaving.  She wasn't surprised and also said that Heather has asked why she doesn't talk to her.  Ro said she had no storyline.  Says a lot about Ro.   And what was going on during the season.

• Love 7

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/andy-cohen-reveals-the-housewife-who-texts-him-the-most

Anyone hear on WWHL with Ro when she was asked about Heather leaving.  She wasn't surprised and also said that Heather has asked why she doesn't talk to her.  Ro said she had no storyline.  Says a lot about Ro.   And what was going on during the season.

IMO, Ramona knew where Andy's loyalties lie, with Bethenny, and she was not going to risk her job by talking to someone that Bethenny did not like. Ramona would flush her BF (she did that to Sonja several times just this season alone) down the toilet for fame and her HW job, most of the HWs would do it as well. Heather is/was 1 of the few HWs that put friendship/loyalties ahead of her job IMO.

ETA, LOL, I don't think Andy was speaking of cigarettes either! Wana bet that is what LuAnn was referring to at the reunion when she tried to make it sound like Heather was doing something "bad" in St Barth? LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

ITA breezy424. I though Ramona saying that was rather coarse. Heather's gone so why kick her to the curb by saying she refused to talk/be filmed with Heather last season. Now we know a little more about Ro...hateful-spiteful-bitch!

• Love 8

From Heather's twitter......

SheKnows Ent ‏@SheKnows_Ent  · 21h21 hours ago 
Did Heather Thompson quit #RHONY to save her marriage? @iamHeatherT http://oak.ctx.ly/r/3pau6 

Heather Thomson ‏@iamHeatherT  · 11h11 hours ago 
@SheKnows_Ent nope. untrue. we are good!

SheKnows Ent ‏@SheKnows_Ent  · 11h11 hours ago 
@iamHeatherT Yay!  So glad to hear it!

Heather Thomson ‏@iamHeatherT  · 11h11 hours ago 
@SheKnows_Ent thank you! Jon says I should really stir things up and say it's because I'm pregnant

• Love 9

Personally, I think it's worse when we cut them down for their addictions, mental illnesses, personality traits.  Easier to fix an overbite or a bad weave than a flaky personality due to being on the spectrum or an abusive childhood.

We can ALL be shits. Nobody is above reproach when it comes to snarking on the HWs, here. 

If it starts to pain my soul, I'll stop.  But for now, as long as they put themselves out there - making bad choices, wearing ugly clothes and crying crocodile tears, I'm not losing any sleep over joking about Heather's eleventy billion teeth.

I came here to snark.  Everything is pretty much fair game to me.  If I don't like what someone is snarking about, I just ignore it.  They are the ones that go on the show and put it out there.  It's their problem if people talk about it. 

I think Heather left of her own accord, and Bravo's claim of it being mutual is BS.  I don't think Bethenny loved tangling with Heather and didn't necessarily want her back, but I think Heather knew the writing was on the wall that she wasn't going to get a good edit from here on out and that production was probably going to fuck with her and Carole's relationship by pitting Heather against Bethenny for Carole.  Why ruin your brand for Bravo?

It's funny, I hated Heather until this season.  And I actually sided with her against Bethenny when Bethenny was in her Vicki-snoring, power trip mode.  But at the end of the season, I think Bethenny and Heather were great on the show together.  They got each other finally.  And I do love her telling Bethenny that she chooses to be a bitch.  

• Love 8

I'm not surprised. When they were talking about that weekend in the Hamptons at LuAnn's when Carole and Adam were flirting, Heather commented that she didn't think anything was surprising about Carole and Adam being attracted to each other because they (the women, Adam) were all chilling and smoking together in Lu's place. 

• Love 5