Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

(edited)

Hey, when you're right, you're right! Good catch. I actually feel better now. I was starting to think that Andy and Bravo might hate her.

Heather had also been a guest on WWHL multiple times, at least three which I think is more than the other ladies.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

Just curious (since you've posted the above various times before), but what exactly is it that you know of Heather that other viewers are too incompetent to see?

It's so precious the way you put things. Truly.  But I'll take that bait.

I think Heather is just like any of the other HWs that were once fan favorites and now...are not. 

She is not unique in that regard. 

• Love 2

Bait? LOL, I didn't realize asking for further explanation to an oft-made statement would be such an offense.

She is not unique in that regard. 

So, you're not privy to some kind of hidden behavior trait on her part which is going to suddenly pop up after three seasons and elicit an "Aha!" moment for everybody else?

• Love 6
(edited)

Regarding Heather promising Jonathan a threesome for their 10th anniversary, lol this made me laugh reading this.

My husband reminds me every year on his birthday "hey didn't you promise me a threesome for my birthday?" lol, I just laugh and say "oh, yeah, next year, next year." it's been a good ten years when that promise was made, we just laugh about now.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ramona and Bethenny were on three seasons of the show together, Bethenny certainly did not need a lecture from Heather about the personality of Ramona Singer. Heather thinks Heather can do no wrong, so she needed to enlighten Bethenny. Um, no.

The scene was introduced as a Heather package, I don't think it needs to include Yummie Tummie to qualify?

The lunch scene with Heather, Bethenny and LuAnn at Dos Camino. Where Bethenny utters the infamous "get off my jock".

ETA: and in the next episode (The Art of Being a Cougar) the meal with Bethenny, Dorinda, Heather and Carol was a Heather package.

Bethenny had not seen Ramona since before she split with Mario and Heather was saying nice things about Ramona. They were, at best, co workers that spent zero time outside of filming the HW/BGM/BT shows with no personal interaction at all. Telling Bethenny that Ramona has changed, something LuAnn voiced as well BTW, is not even close to "lecturing". LOL

Also, I do not think 2 minutes of Heather talking about being on a TV show as a panel member would be considered a "Heather package" by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not disagreeing with you that Sonja leaving them out in the rain or in her foyer or whatever was wrong.  Heather's statement was one of those 'low roads' that didn't need to be taken.   She had every right to take it, but I think less of her for doing so.  Would you want someone telling 1.2 million people that  she had to carry your drunk ass up the stairs and put you to bed even if it were true?  Would you view that as harmful to your rep?  I would. Sonja deserved something to be said to her but Heather dragging something up that we didn't even see was harmful and purposely done so to be hurtful and drama causing.

Then you don't think much of ANY of these women because they all routinely do this. LOL  Oh, and it's not like we have seen any reports showing Sonja barely able to walk/talk outside the show! LOL

Heather had also been a guest on WWHL multiple times, at least three which I think is more than the other ladies.

Bethenny has been on 3 times and most, if not all, where she was the only "guest". Heather has always been part of a pair of "guests". Big difference IMO.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
(edited)

Bethenny had not seen Ramona since before she split with Mario and Heather was saying nice things about Ramona. They were, at best, co workers that spent zero time outside of filming the HW/BGM/BT shows with no personal interaction at all. Telling Bethenny that Ramona has changed, something LuAnn voiced as well BTW, is not even close to "lecturing". LOL

Also, I do not think 2 minutes of Heather talking about being on a TV show as a panel member would be considered a "Heather package" by any stretch of the imagination.

The packages are segments introduced under a specific Housewives banner. That is what is being discussed, not the content. The assertion is that it took 15 episodes until Heather got a segment introduced as a Heather segment, which is not true, she had two other segments early in the season.

As far as Ramona, Bethenny certainly has known Ramona longer than Heather, but Heather felt the need to educate Bethenny on Ramona, because Heather knows all. Presumptuous, condescending and annoying. I love how B shut her down!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

The packages are segments introduced under a specific Housewives banner. That is what is being discussed, not the content. The assertion is that it took 15 episodes until Heather got a segment introduced as a Heather segment, which is not true, she had two other segments early in the season.

As far as Ramona, Bethenny certainly has known Ramona longer than Heather, but Heather felt the need to educate Bethenny on Ramona, because Heather knows all. Presumptuous, condescending and annoying. I love how B shut her down!

Yes, because Bethenny "knows it all" and is never " Presumptuous, condescending and annoying" .....RIGHT!!!!!!!! LOL

Bethenny does NOT "know" Ramona any better than Heather by the time they started filming. They have "known" each longer but they never spent anytime together outside filming, ever! Working with someone does NOT equate to "knowing" them.

• Love 5

Then you don't think much of ANY of these women because they all routinely do this. LOL  

BINGO!!  I think every lovin' one of them is a certain kind of speshul to sign up for this.  If this is what they need to promote their products, then they should certainly have at it.

Bravo provided them the vehicle to do so and PreviouslyTV provided us the vehicle to snark them. Ad nauseam, to infinity and beyond!

Oh, and it's not like we have seen any reports showing Sonja barely able to walk/talk outside the show! LOL

Exactly why it was nothing but a bitch move on Heather's part to talk about something so degrading that wasn't even on the show.  Especially when it's not like we haven't already seen Sonja wasted.  Unnecessarily bitchy.

• Love 1

Yes, because Bethenny "knows it all" and is never " Presumptuous, condescending and annoying" .....RIGHT!!!!!!!! LOL

Bethenny does NOT "know" Ramona any better than Heather by the time they started filming. They have "known" each longer but they never spent anytime together outside filming, ever! Working with someone does NOT equate to "knowing" them.

Bethenny being presumptuous annoying or condescending doesn't negate Heather being theses things. It's not an either/or.

Also, I'm not sure how you can know that Ramona and Bethenny have NEVER spent any time outside of filming "ever". Besides that, working with someone absolutely equates to knowing them. Heather is also a coworker of Ramona's.

• Love 2

BINGO!!  I think every lovin' one of them is a certain kind of speshul to sign up for this.  If this is what they need to promote their products, then they should certainly have at it.

Bravo provided them the vehicle to do so and PreviouslyTV provided us the vehicle to snark them. Ad nauseam, to infinity and beyond!

Exactly why it was nothing but a bitch move on Heather's part to talk about something so degrading that wasn't even on the show.  Especially when it's not like we haven't already seen Sonja wasted.  Unnecessarily bitchy.

Except that we have seen Sonja like that on the show before! LOL When they went to the racetrack last season and in St Barth's 2 seasons ago, so that behavior has been documented on this show. How about when LuAnn, Dorinda and Ramona were all gossiping about it to Bethenny in the limo ride to their dinner at the Italian restaurant? That was even worse, IMO,because they talked about her going after guys, kissing strangers, "blacking out"  and it was all  done behind Sonja's back! All of that limo ride and most of that dinner was spent discussing Sonja's drinking, out of control behavior and a possible "intervention" for her but Heather was wrong to say it to Sonja's face after Sonja treated Heather and the other HWs like strangers she needed to fear? LOL

Bethenny being presumptuous annoying or condescending doesn't negate Heather being theses things. It's not an either/or.

Also, I'm not sure how you can know that Ramona and Bethenny have NEVER spent any time outside of filming "ever". Besides that, working with someone absolutely equates to knowing them. Heather is also a coworker of Ramona's.

They BOTH said this, Bethenny on WWHL and Ramona on the first episode. Also, Alex talked about this before she left for Australia, that none of them saw each other after filming was done for the season. Hell, Ramona and Sonja don't even see each other off camera according to both of them. LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

Two Heathers in one relationship? There can only be one.

Like Highlander!

Reality TV is infamous for the demise of marriages, but Heather's and Jonathan's is one that I'd stake money on it lasting. I've never seen or heard anything where I thought Jonathan was submissive or Heather was overbearing. No one knows for sure what goes on behind closed doors, but it seems as if their dynamic is working well for them.

ETA: Actually, statistics show that many couples break up over the stress of dealing with a sick child, so kadooz to them on surviving and thriving for their son.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 4
(edited)

They BOTH said this, Bethenny on WWHL and Ramona on the first episode. Also, Alex talked about this before she left for Australia, that none of them saw each other after filming was done for the season. Hell, Ramona and Sonja don't even see each other off camera according to both of them. LOL

So then Heather doesn't really know Ramona either. Yet, she feels the need to school Bethanny on the ways of the Ramona Coaster...because she's Heather. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

The most interesting thing about that segment was that we saw Heather defending Ramona and saying she had changed, while several times later during the season we would see Ramona badmouth Heather to Beth, or at the very least agree with Beth when she was doing it.

My impression of that conversation (which I went into as big of a Beth fan as a Heather fan) was that Beth wanted to say some bad shit about Ramona, and that Heather was sharing that she had had similar experiences with her but that she had seen growth. Was it Heather's place? No. But I think she was under the impression they were having a conversation; sharing perspectives. It was clear in that conversation, and in others to come, that Beth wasn't interested in hearing the perspectives of others. About anything. Fair enough. I just don't think it was a reason for Beth to basically say she didn't care to hear what Heather had to say. Heather had listened to what she had to say moments before without telling her that she was tired of the conversation. 

• Love 7
(edited)

So then Heather doesn't really know Ramona either. Yet, she feels the need to school Bethanny on the ways of the Ramona Coaster...because she's Heather.

No, Heather and Ramona saw each other outside of filming/ the show. Heather has been the 1 HW that saw/sees ALL the HWs after the cameras are gone. She has them to dinner in small groups and as couples at various restaurants about town and with Dorinda, at each others Berkshires homes. Alex's comments were about when she was on the show, not after she left/was fired as she also was on Bethenny's first spin off alongside Ramona and was asked to appear on Bethenny's Talk show but declined over payment.

And as MCM, said above. Heather, LuAnn and Bethenny were all talking about Ramona and it was Heather that said Ramona had changed, grown and was "nicer", to which LuAnn agreed and Bethenny did not care to hear and then ended the conversation in a very rude manner. It seems that Bethenny only wants to hear her own opinion and not anyone else's and if you say something supportive about someone she is displeased with, you will be accused of being "bias" because it does not mesh with her opinion and no one is allowed to have an opinion, idea or feelings outside of Bethenny's. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

No, Heather and Ramona saw each other outside of filming/ the show. Heather has been the 1 HW that saw/sees ALL the HWs after the cameras are gone. She has them to dinner in small groups and as couples at various restaurants about town and with Dorinda, at each others Berkshires homes. Alex's comments were about when she was on the show, not after she left/was fired as she also was on Bethenny's first spin off alongside Ramona and was asked to appear on Bethenny's Talk show but declined over payment.

And as MCM, said above. Heather, LuAnn and Bethenny were all talking about Ramona and it was Heather that said Ramona had changed, grown and was "nicer", to which LuAnn agreed and Bethenny did not care to hear and then ended the conversation in a very rude manner. It seems that Bethenny only wants to hear her own opinion and not anyone else's and if you say something supportive about someone she is displeased with, you will be accused of being "bias" because it does not mesh with her opinion and no one is allowed to have an opinion, idea or feelings outside of Bethenny's. LOL

Heather was inserting herself between Ramona and Heather, trying to be the all knowing Mediating Mommy that she loves to be and Bethenny shut her down...I would have, too. To quote Ramona Singer "You're not her mommy, Heather!". But Heather knows all, Heather is all, and Heather shall be perfect. Forever and ever, amen.

• Love 1
(edited)

Heather was inserting herself between Ramona and Heather, trying to be the all knowing Mediating Mommy that she loves to be and Bethenny shut her down...I would have, too. To quote Ramona Singer "You're not her mommy, Heather!". But Heather knows all, Heather is all, and Heather shall be perfect. Forever and ever, amen.

Absolutely whenever someone starts to say anything nice about Moner shut that shit down! :)

Ramona is neither Kinder or gentler. She might have fooled some housewives while she was going through the Mario scandal.

Ramona is a self absorbed entitled snob!

Sorry, what were we talking about?

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

ITA!! At no point do I remember Heather ever say anything even remotely close to "slut shaming" or "sexist" toward LuAnn or any of the other HWs, ever.

Even if your Heather colored lenses refuse to let you see the evidence from the show itself ("ethics and morals"), both Heather and Carole made derragotory remarks about LuAnn's promiscuity on WWHL last week. How do I know they meant it as a dig? The way they looked to one another for approval and smirked sophomorically.

• Love 2

In my view, a "package" is a scene centered around one Housewife, ie. Bethenny at her shrink's office, or at her Skinnygirl brand summit, or a scene with Sonja at home with her interns, or Carole's co-op "campaign" meeting, etc., etc... Any scene of multiple HW's together at lunch, dinner, trips, etc. is not a "package" for any one of them, since it's featuring more than one. In this respect, Heather (as well as Kristen), has really been shortchanged this season.

• Love 8

Jon said Heather promised him a three-way for their 10th anniversary.  Not that I'm trying very hard but I just can't see it.

He did, in fact, reveal this fact while at a caviar tasting with Carole and Kristen as the waiter stood next to the table trying to explain the menu. It was squirmingly uncomfortable to watch.

When he brought it up was the additional partner a man or a woman?  Was he recruiting anyone in particular

Bethenny was talking about Ramona, asking Heather and LuAnn questions and Heather said that Ramona has changed and was nicer! That is NOT "inserting" yourself between anyone nor was it "mediating" anything! LOL

Even if your Heather colored lenses refuse to let you see the evidence from the show itself ("ethics and morals"), both Heather and Carole made derragotory remarks about LuAnn's promiscuity on WWHL last week. How do I know they meant it as a dig? The way they looked to one another for approval and smirked sophomorically.

I know Heather is not perfect, she is far from it IMO but she is nowhere as nasty, intrusive and judgmental as Bethenny by a long shot IMO! What was so wrong about Heather saying that her "values and morals" were far different than LuAnn's about finding a strange, naked guy sleeping in the bedroom connected to hers when no one let you know he was there to begin with? It was not said in reference to LuAnn sleeping with anyone. How about LuAnn accusing Heather and Carole trying to "catch" her in bed, in the act, with a guy? Do you really think that was a compliment or an insult and her sidekick Dorinda supported that twisted BS! LOL

When he brought it up was the additional partner a man or a woman?  Was he recruiting anyone in particular

I think he said "woman" and I don't think he was looking for either LuAnn or Dorinda to volunteer! LOL

• Love 3

The way I see it, H wasn't try to lecture or educate Bethenny on Ramona.  She was simply telling her side of being on "The RamonaCoaster" in an effort to relate to B.  IMO, B made a right arse of herself in her attempt to "shut her down" and came off looking like the bitchy and unstable one in that situation. 

• Love 7

Hmmm.  I don't remember if he specified.  I only know he wanted a third person. In the bed. With him and his wife.  Clearly my morals and values are different than Heather and Jon's. ;-)  It was a little creepy in that he looked at Carole when he was saying it. Somebody roll the tape.

• Love 1

I'm not disagreeing with you that Sonja leaving them out in the rain or in her foyer or whatever was wrong.  Heather's statement was one of those 'low roads' that didn't need to be taken.   She had every right to take it, but I think less of her for doing so.  Would you want someone telling 1.2 million people that  she had to carry your drunk ass up the stairs and put you to bed even if it were true?  Would you view that as harmful to your rep?  I would. Sonja deserved something to be said to her but Heather dragging something up that we didn't even see was harmful and purposely done so to be hurtful and drama causing.

I mean.... it's not as though Heather made some big shocking revelation about Sonja here (ala: Kyle announcing Kim was an alcoholic in the back of the limo.) She ain't the Church Lady. This is Sonja we're talking about - the same woman who has appeared on camera plastered out of her mind on multiple occasions. The same woman who has admitted (with pride) to taking it from behind with the pirate.  Who makes her intern go into the bathroom with her (while mic'd up) to help her change her tampon and brags about her heavy flow.  The list goes on....

Like, the fact that Heather had to carry her drunk ass upstairs to bed really doesn't seem all that bad in the grand scheme of things she's willingly done on camera.

• Love 7

And THIS is why I think the wheels are going to come off that friendship sooner or later.  They're both kind of mean and Carole is definitely sophomoric.  They've had naked pajama parties and talked about who knows what and who knows whom.  They are that type, ya know?  Who will sit up at night, raking their acquaintances over the coals, editing Wiki pages and not having any conscience about outing anybody about anything. Heather knows what makes Carole tick and vice versa. 

Someday something is going to happen - maybe something minor like Heather feeling left out of a Bethenny/Carole spa day. (Beth turned Carole on to her facialist.) Or Carole winding up with Andy and Beth in the Hamptons because they're all single and ready to mingle. Or Heather will feel betrayed - as she should - if she finds out that Carole did indeed lie about apologizing to Lu.  But they will have enough knowledge about each other's characters to have big axes to grind when and if the time comes.

• Love 1

Except that we have seen Sonja like that on the show before! LOL When they went to the racetrack last season and in St Barth's 2 seasons ago, so that behavior has been documented on this show. How about when LuAnn, Dorinda and Ramona were all gossiping about it to Bethenny in the limo ride to their dinner at the Italian restaurant? That was even worse, IMO,because they talked about her going after guys, kissing strangers, "blacking out"  and it was all  done behind Sonja's back! All of that limo ride and most of that dinner was spent discussing Sonja's drinking, out of control behavior and a possible "intervention" for her but Heather was wrong to say it to Sonja's face after Sonja treated Heather and the other HWs like strangers she needed to fear? LOL

I'm agreeing with you but you keep LOLing and giving more examples of what a drunk Sonja is.  I know all this.  So either you keep missing my point, I'm not explaining myself clearly or we're just on very different pages.  It's all good. (LOL)

• Love 2

I'm agreeing with you but you keep LOLing and giving more examples of what a drunk Sonja is.  I know all this.  So either you keep missing my point, I'm not explaining myself clearly or we're just on very different pages.  It's all good. (LOL)

Who knows? I try to use "LOL" so people don't take what I say too serious! All is good!

• Love 2
(edited)

Bethenny was talking about Ramona, asking Heather and LuAnn questions and Heather said that Ramona has changed and was nicer! That is NOT "inserting" yourself between anyone nor was it "mediating" anything! LOL

Bethenny did not start talking about Ramona, nor did she ask any questions about Ramona to Heather. Heather started talking about how she was with Ramona when Ramona sent an apology text to Bethenny (again, Mediating Mommy trying to get in the middle) and then needed to enlighten Bethenny about how Ramona behaves? Ha! Heather likes to be all up in everyone's business so that she can "nurture" them. So annoying. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

Hmmm.  I don't remember if he specified.  I only know he wanted a third person. In the bed. With him and his wife.  Clearly my morals and values are different than Heather and Jon's. ;-)  It was a little creepy in that he looked at Carole when he was saying it. Somebody roll the tape.

Inquiring minds want to know. This why the term threesome is dangerous.  I am thinking a man just because I think Heather would like the challenge. 

Yeah be careful throwing the word values out there.  It reminds me of the SATC episode when Miranda has to ask about her standing as the third party. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Inquiring minds want to know. This why the term threesome is dangerous. I am thinking a man just because I think Heather would like the challenge.

I always thought that Jonathan brought this up as a way of demonstrating that he's not hen pecked (when clearly, IMO, he is) and I laughed at the idea that Heather actually meant another guy...and poor Jon would probably end up just watching! Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

What was so wrong about Heather saying that her "values and morals" were far different than LuAnn's about finding a strange, naked guy sleeping in the bedroom connected to hers when no one let you know he was there to begin with? It was not said in reference to LuAnn sleeping with anyone.

Actually I think that remark by Heather was very much about LuAnn sleeping around with strangers, but I know you don't see it that way. I'm all the more convinced by Heather's comment as being of the slut-shaming variety after seeing her continued digs at Lu for her voracious sexual appetite.

• Love 3

Actually I think that remark by Heather was very much about LuAnn sleeping around with strangers, but I know you don't see it that way. I'm all the more convinced by Heather's comment as being of the slut-shaming variety after seeing her continued digs at Lu for her voracious sexual appetite.

Heather also called it "vile" behavior. I think she's very specifically using language about morality.

• Love 4

I always thought that Jonathan brought this up as a way of demonstrating that he's not hen pecked (when clearly, IMO, he is) and I laughed at the idea that Heather actually meant another guy...and poor Jon would probably end up just watching!

Really?  I was thinking it would be a woman and he'd end up like Ross on Friends watching in the corner all sad.  Just saying...

• Love 2

I mean.... it's not as though Heather made some big shocking revelation about Sonja here (ala: Kyle announcing Kim was an alcoholic in the back of the limo.) She ain't the Church Lady. This is Sonja we're talking about - the same woman who has appeared on camera plastered out of her mind on multiple occasions. The same woman who has admitted (with pride) to taking it from behind with the pirate.  Who makes her intern go into the bathroom with her (while mic'd up) to help her change her tampon and brags about her heavy flow.  The list goes on....

Like, the fact that Heather had to carry her drunk ass upstairs to bed really doesn't seem all that bad in the grand scheme of things she's willingly done on camera.

Sonja never confirmed butt sex.  Andy asked and she said they took a walk in the garden.  It was a vile and stupid comment by Carole and carry through by Andy.  Also Sonja denies that Heather has ever carried her up to bed http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/sonja-morgan/sonja-heather-was-just-pissed-that  She pretty much dismisses much of what Heather asserts as being her oh so helpful self.  Sonja drinks too much and makes a fool out of herself.  While on the trip it wasn't the case with Sonja with Sonja resulting in her being castigated by Bethenny for not listening to Bethenny and being chewed out by Heather. Heather did give a heartfelt apology and I believe apologized profusely.  Just because Heather gives good apology doesn't mean he offending behavior disappears.  Thanks to Heather and Bethenny we now have sober Sonja who no longer has any trust in this group. There is a reason Sonja does not see the other women when filming ceases.  She seems to have a group of friends who don't need to belittle her to make themselves look better.

I will be interested to see what goes down at the Reunion between Sonja, Heather and Carole.

Really?  I was thinking it would be a woman and he'd end up like Ross on Friends watching in the corner all sad.  Just saying...

I think Jonathan was going to show Heather how to give a great blow job.  see what happens when people assume and make crap up about others?  That is why it is not okay to talk about being morally superior.  You can't be talking about giving your husband a third party. 

• Love 2

I think Jonathan was going to show Heather how to give a great blow job.  see what happens when people assume and make crap up about others?  That is why it is not okay to talk about being morally superior.  You can't be talking about giving your husband a third party.

Y'all are killing me today!  However it goes down, I swear not to cry or slut shame either of them.

• Love 2

Carole and b both went on that yacht trip with the Hampton's Hefner guy. I don't think Heather and Carole have a jealous friendship. I think it is one that is genuine and might be one of the good things that Heather takes away from the show, when she does decide to leave.

I'd like to see if the friendship evolves, which is one of the reasons I'll be sorry to see Heather go.  Ya know how you can be close friends with someone for years but one or the other's circumstances change - somebody gets married, divorced, has a baby, moves away, changes jobs - and sometimes the friendship just doesn't continue.  Happens all the time.  In addition, Heather and Carole, while similar in many ways also seem very different.  Heather seems more hard working, generous of her time and charity, prudish.  Carole, the opposite.  I think the show is the glue that stuck them together. 

Heather has maybe been okay with Carole traipsing off to Miami and the Galapagos with Bethenny.  But once she has to hear about and see them both on RHONY, in the press, taking the trips she once went on...I dunno.  Maybe they really do have the most solid friendship that will stand the test of time. 

For me, it's hard enough to be in the burbs of Detroit and trying to keep my friendships intact with my single, childfree friends. We've kept them semi-intact but they've never been quite the same since we chose different paths.  And they're not even princesses, SkinnyGirls nor on TV.

• Love 7

That "evidence" from the show is hardly evidence when you consider that Heather made that comment directly after asking LuAnn if LuAnn wouldn't be afraid of waking up to a stranger in the next room. LuAnn shook her head and said "No! Not really" as she moved past Heather to get to the other side of the kitchen island. Heather responded, "Well, I guess we have different ethics and morals." I don't know if you can claim that someone has Heather-colored lenses if you decide to misrepresent what happened in that scene and what Heather was responding too.

Heather became friends with LuAnn four years ago. She's no stranger to the LuAnn who loves the company of men. She's never so-called slut shamed her before; she didn't slut shame her in Turks and Caicos, either; and Heather responded to a caller question (or maybe it was a tweeted question? I didn't watch the show) that likened LuAnn to Epcot when it comes to liking her men international.

Like Highlander!

Reality TV is infamous for the demise of marriages, but Heather's and Jonathan's is one that I'd stake money on it lasting. I've never seen or heard anything where I thought Jonathan was submissive or Heather was overbearing. No one knows for sure what goes on behind closed doors, but it seems as if their dynamic is working well for them.

ETA: Actually, statistics show that many couples break up over the stress of dealing with a sick child, so kadooz to them on surviving and thriving for their son.

I like Jonathan and Heather, and I think they'll last. I'm certain there are some folks for whom their Heather dislike is so enormous that they're waiting with crossed fingers at a breakdown in Heather and Jon's marriage. They're probably stalking her social media pages to find photographic "evidence" of discord, too.

• Love 13
Heather became friends with LuAnn four years ago. She's no stranger to the LuAnn who loves the company of men. She's never so-called slut shamed her before; she didn't slut shame her in Turks and Caicos,

Heck a night or two before Heather who was the only HW that knew LuAnn had had the best sex of her life two days previously was cheering her on and supporting her hookup.

• Love 5

I mean.... it's not as though Heather made some big shocking revelation about Sonja here (ala: Kyle announcing Kim was an alcoholic in the back of the limo.) She ain't the Church Lady. This is Sonja we're talking about - the same woman who has appeared on camera plastered out of her mind on multiple occasions.

Most of the other housewives ended up saying the same things about taking care of her, taking her home, etc. For example, LuAnn was talking about doing that in the limo ride on the way to the Italian restaurant in Queens.

• Love 8
(edited)

That "evidence" from the show is hardly evidence when you consider that Heather made that comment directly after asking LuAnn if LuAnn wouldn't be afraid of waking up to a stranger in the next room. LuAnn shook her head and said "No! Not really" as she moved past Heather to get to the other side of the kitchen island. Heather responded, "Well, I guess we have different ethics and morals." I don't know if you can claim that someone has Heather-colored lenses if you decide to misrepresent what happened in that scene and what Heather was responding too.

Heather became friends with LuAnn four years ago. She's no stranger to the LuAnn who loves the company of men. She's never so-called slut shamed her before; she didn't slut shame her in Turks and Caicos, either; and Heather responded to a caller question (or maybe it was a tweeted question? I didn't watch the show) that likened LuAnn to Epcot when it comes to liking her men international.

I'm not misrepresenting anything. I rewatched the scene and I stand by my affirmation that Heather made a dig at LuAnn's lifestyle. As a staunch Heather fan, you choose not to see it that way and that's fine.

As for prior incidences, who knows what Heather has said about LuAnn previously but was left on the cutting room floor. It's no secret Heather is not a fan of LuAnn's lifestyle. She's made that abundantly clear with all the knocks she's made recently.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 3

I'm not misrepresenting anything. I rewatched the scene and I stand by my affirmation that Heather made a dig at LuAnn's lifestyle. As a staunch Heather fan, you choose not to see it that way and that's fine.

As for prior incidences, who knows what Heather has said about LuAnn previously but was left on the cutting room floor. It's no secret Heather is not a fan of LuAnn's lifestyle. She's made that abundantly clear with all the knocks she's made recently.

One of the things that stood out to me the most during that exchange was Lu's assertion that "this isn't the Heather that I know. The Heather I know is cool". She said that twice. Lu's appreciation for men has been well documented. Unless Lu was lying, it doesn't sound like Heather's judgment of her lifestyle has ever been an issue in their friendship. Lu doesn't do well with folks pointing their finger at her and I hardly think they would have ever become so close if Heather did this on the regular.

• Love 11
(edited)

One of the things that stood out to me the most during that exchange was Lu's assertion that "this isn't the Heather that I know. The Heather I know is cool". She said that twice.

I think it started as a misunderstanding, since Ramona had passed the issue on to LuAnn, and the conversation spiraled down from there, because LuAnn rightly had no damn idea what Heather was upset about. How Lu then made it into Heather and Carole trying to find her having sex (as if) is beyond me.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 6

I think it started as a misunderstanding, since Ramona had passed the issue on to LuAnn, and the conversation spiraled down from there, because LuAnn rightly had no damn idea what Heather was upset about. How Lu then made it into Heather and Carole trying to find her having sex (as if) is beyond me.

I think everything changed completely when Kristen said the thing about Lu's dude being married. Before that Lu was just very carefree about it all. She wasn't mad at Heather and Carole coming into her room, and she wasn't concerned with their issues. She didn't take offense about Heather saying her ethics were different. She was confident in her behavior and just wanted to "cool" everyone down. I think that Kristen's comment was like a bucket of ice water on her. It looked momentarily (to me) like she was about to deny it, but maybe thought better of it. If what Carole said on Twitter is true, and Lu admitted at the reunion that the guy had told her he was married, she might have had a flashback to her getting caught on camera lying about the pirate and wanted time to make up a story instead of telling a lie.

• Love 6

I'd like to see if the friendship evolves, which is one of the reasons I'll be sorry to see Heather go.  Ya know how you can be close friends with someone for years but one or the other's circumstances change - somebody gets married, divorced, has a baby, moves away, changes jobs - and sometimes the friendship just doesn't continue.  Happens all the time.  In addition, Heather and Carole, while similar in many ways also seem very different.  Heather seems more hard working, generous of her time and charity, prudish.  Carole, the opposite.  I think the show is the glue that stuck them together. 

Heather has maybe been okay with Carole traipsing off to Miami and the Galapagos with Bethenny.  But once she has to hear about and see them both on RHONY, in the press, taking the trips she once went on...I dunno.  Maybe they really do have the most solid friendship that will stand the test of time. 

For me, it's hard enough to be in the burbs of Detroit and trying to keep my friendships intact with my single, childfree friends. We've kept them semi-intact but they've never been quite the same since we chose different paths.  And they're not even princesses, SkinnyGirls nor on TV.

Meh, I think Carole is a fair weather friend which Heather does not deserve.  I may not like how she handled naked man gate but I do think she is a sincere, relatively kind person for the most part. 

• Love 2

If you're applying Heather's statement to some larger issue, then I think it is a misrepresentation precisely because of when that statement was made and to what response (LuAnn: "No. Not really" in response to Heather's question about the stranger in the next room). Additionally, as motorcitymom points out, LuAnn said to Heather during that whole thing that this wasn't the Heather she knew. If there was ever a belief that Heather was horrified by LuAnn's lifestyle, we would have seen a similar frenemy type relationship between Heather and LuAnn that exists between LuAnn and Ramona. That simply was not and had not been the case for LuAnn and Heather for four years.

Trying to apply revisionist history to four years of friendship because Heather responded to a question from seven days ago truly is a misrepresentation. As someone who dislikes Heather, you simply choose to see something else. 

• Love 12

I haven't given much thought to the sex lives of Heather and Jonathan but they seemed pretty into each other making out at the end of that mud run.

If it's great for Luann to Have Sex Like a Man ( Sex & the City has so much to answer for), should the idea of Heather being a dominant sexual partner be problematic?

• Love 10

I'm certain there are some folks for whom their Heather dislike is so enormous that they're waiting with crossed fingers at a breakdown in Heather and Jon's marriage. They're probably stalking her social media pages to find photographic "evidence" of discord, too.

I don't want to see their marriage break down.  Especially because of the kids. 

You just reminded me of that time on Twitter right after last season finished.  Heather took down the very romantic pic of her and Jon that had been her Profile Picture for a long time.  Replaced it with one of her alone. Took the 'Wife' part out of her introduction.  All the pictures, save one, of Jon disappeared from her Instagram.  During that time most of the memes she posted were about surviving hardship - morose things.  Not at all the positive things she used to post or mainly does now.  I found that odd.  And interesting.  But really not much more so than I found speculating about Lu and her Count, Ramona and her louse, Kristen and her....whatever he is. 

Her profile pic is still just her. The 'wife' part is still gone. Shrug. For a while she posted some family pics again but not so much anymore.  She probably decided, after last season's fiasco at Lu's aired, to leave him out of most everything. If that's the case, I think it was a wise decision. Theirs wouldn't be the first marriage that had trouble after exposing it to this.  Maybe that's part of the reason why she's leaving. She (and he) don't need the bullshit.

We still have Kristen and Josh's vow renewal yet.  Curse of doom.

• Love 1