Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

(edited)

I caught Heather on HSN today - hey, Heather - good timing!! She has the Special De La Jour (bad French on purpose) - Six count 'em six pieces of Yummie Essentail Control (three tanks, three briefs) for $70 "plus change" "plus tax, " "plus shipping and handling." She seems to be a hit on HSN - she's had a couple of specials, and her stuff gets good ratings.

I listened for all of three minutes, and she said words to the effect: "When I was at the dinner from hell, where I wanted to stick a knife in my head, I felt comfortable and 'in control' in my Yummie tank and briefs!! Tight and right!!"

You go, Heather. Dropped those Yummies right in my shopping cart. Added some boot-cut leggings (and saved another $10 - woohoo). ... HOLLA!!!

Edited by Jeanius
  • Love 2

I also remember when someone asked Judd from Real World San Francisco why he and Pam never did a Challenge or any other show.  He said "we made it out intact once, we weren't going to push our luck."  Smart move.  Sooner or later reality TV will always destroy you.

I loved Pam and Judd.  They're still married and she's a doctor specializing in HIV/AIDS research.  2 kids.  <3

And the level of vitriol that she's gotten this season, over such slights as offering Bethenny a meatball or crying because she found a naked stranger in her suite, has made my stomach turn, and I don't even know her.  I feel sorrow for her, I admit it, but also for us, for the level of hatred and outrage that we visit upon others.  I don't think it's good for us, or healthy.

That's why I made the choice to walk away from BH.  Every franchise, every season there is that one housewife who gets the pile on.  It was Heather's time.  I understand your feelings.  When it is someone you like, it can make you mad if you're invested. Look on the bright side. She has some fans.  And nobody is wishing she would just die already.

It would make an interesting thesis on why we nice people IRL can be such little shits when it comes to the HWs. ;-)

• Love 5

And yet Heather didn't make a big deal about the loss of her nanny. As a matter of fact, that was exactly her point: Big changes were happening in her life and she wasn't crumpling and screaming about keeping the walls up or expecting people to accommodate her.

• Love 9

You go, Heather. Dropped those Yummies right in my shopping cart. Added some boot-cut leggings (and saved another $10 - woohoo). ... HOLLA!!!

Can't stand the woman but I do like a Yummie bra I have.  It was supposed to be a sports bra but I still had too much bounce even when just walking and I'm only a B cup.  But it's a very comfy bra to sleep in.  Probably the best sleeping bra I own.  Does she market one strictly for that I wonder?

• Love 1

If Heather leaves it is not because she is so above all these women that she just needs to focus on her business.  She needs the free eposure more than anything.

Heather is a control freak and if she is reading any of the blogs and comments online then her massive ego must have taken a fatal blow, something she is not used to.

Heather is like the little kid who can't dictate the rules of the game so she takes her toy and leaves.

I hope Bravo just lets her go.

Hey Heather, HOLLA , Mama!  An invite for lunch is on me, anytime.  Please bring LisaR, LisaV and Elaine.  Gonna check out YT next time I am at the mall.  Heard you are in, what is it, Macy's now?  Way to grow!  Like your smile, so real. 

Keep one thing in mind, consider the source (Ramoaner, Con-ya, Loo and Da-Ranter).

You don't have a halo but I don't see any horns, either.

• Love 9

It's noticeable that in the last episode or two, we saw some active talking heads from heather. I think with the backlash of too much Bethanny, that the editors must have tweeked the later episodes hence why we saw more of kristen and heather in this episode. Also, why we saw new bethanny confessional admitting she was a bitch to Heather and actually found she liked her lol.

So I think more fans back lashed then what twitter/facebook would lead us to believe.

Still I think heather would totally have fit in had she joined in season 4 instead of Cindy..imho.

• Love 4

Hey Heather, HOLLA , Mama!  An invite for lunch is on me, anytime.  Please bring LisaR, LisaV and Elaine.  Gonna check out YT next time I am at the mall.  Heard you are in, what is it, Macy's now?  Way to grow!  Like your smile, so real. 

Keep one thing in mind, consider the source (Ramoaner, Con-ya, Loo and Da-Ranter).

You don't have a halo but I don't see any horns, either.

Not Macy's.  But Nordstrom.  And they're having a clearance on a lot of her stuff right now.  It might be even cheaper than on HSN.

• Love 2

The only thing I've gained from Heather being on this show is a small interest in trying Yummie Tummy gear. I'll be near a Nordstrom tomorrow so will check it out.

Otherwise, buh bye, won't miss her at all.

• Love 5
(edited)

Not Macy's.  But Nordstrom.  And they're having a clearance on a lot of her stuff right now.  It might be even cheaper than on HSN.

Thanks.

I wanna see her on HSN sometime.

Edited by Crikey

I loved Pam and Judd.  They're still married and she's a doctor specializing in HIV/AIDS research.  2 kids.  <3

That's why I made the choice to walk away from BH.  Every franchise, every season there is that one housewife who gets the pile on.  It was Heather's time.  I understand your feelings.  When it is someone you like, it can make you mad if you're invested. Look on the bright side. She has some fans.  And nobody is wishing she would just die already.

It would make an interesting thesis on why we nice people IRL can be such little shits when it comes to the HWs. ;-)

Which is why I'm hoping that she might change her mind between now and next season. I get it if she's done with the show, but the edits are so cyclical, IMO. One season you might get the golden girl treatment, the next you have everyone hating you, then it all comes back around. I think to survive being on these shows you have to remember that your fortunes change all the time. There's no reason to think Heather couldn't be more of a focal point next season, if indeed the lack of screentime was one of her grievances. For all her bossiness, she's one of the few who doesn't mind standing up to the old guard. You'd think for that alone, Bravo would want to try to keep her. It's not exactly an easy task going up against Ramona, Luann, Sonja, and Bethenny as a new HW. 

The castings are pretty fluid, I think, and we hear rumors of comings and goings all the time. Nothing is ever final until the first episode airs, and even this season of NYC has shown us that's not even always the case.

• Love 1

And yet referencing your domestic staff turnover in order to dismiss someone else's personal turmoil is essentially elevating it to comparable ground/communicating that it's just as "big of a deal." Heather expressed befuddlement over Bethenny's demeanor; the Countess explained it to her. But Bethenny's emotional responses to her own unique circumstances aren't valid because Heather had to find another nanny. It would be like Aviva wondering what's up with Heather screaming like a lunatic all the time; someone saying, "well, you know, I imagine she's under a lot of stress at home due to her family's specific challenges"; and Aviva replying, "hey, we're all under stress here. I just had to hire a new gw!" But that wouldn't be making a big deal of the latter at all, I guess.

• Love 3

Yeah, Heather got stiffed this season.  Skinny Girl everything displayed everywhere, Kristen's fashion blog, Lu's clothing line, but Heather received practically no business exposure at all and was portrayed as a controlling bossy boots.  She doesn't need the money, so why stay? The negative picture shown of her can't be a help to her business and she'll always be able to user "former housewife" in her cv.

• Love 2
(edited)

The castings are pretty fluid, I think, and we hear rumors of comings and goings all the time. Nothing is ever final until the first episode airs, and even this season of NYC has shown us that's not even always the case.

I could swear word was out after last season that Ramona was either gone or demoted, but she's still there hanging on to her apple, so yeah, I'll only be taking all as rumor until the next season begins.

It seems like the only person Heather hasn't tangled with on the the show is Carole.  She's  either gone head to head or become aggressive  with all the others, starting with Ramona, then Sonja, Aviva, Kristen, Bethenny, Dorinda, and now Luanne, pretty much in that order during her time there.  I do wonder if it's a question of personality or targeting for a story line or air time.   I do suspect she primarily is on the show to promote her other endeavors like Yummy and charities.  I personally will not miss her if she leaves.

ETA:  Somehow I forgot about her thing with Bethenny!

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 2

Still I think heather would totally have fit in had she joined in season 4 instead of Cindy..imho.

YES- she would have been much better than Cindy. I would love to see how Heather would have dealt with Jill Zarin.

• Love 3

And yet referencing your domestic staff turnover in order to dismiss someone else's personal turmoil is essentially elevating it to comparable ground/communicating that it's just as "big of a deal." Heather expressed befuddlement over Bethenny's demeanor; the Countess explained it to her. But Bethenny's emotional responses to her own unique circumstances aren't valid because Heather had to find another nanny. It would be like Aviva wondering what's up with Heather screaming like a lunatic all the time; someone saying, "well, you know, I imagine she's under a lot of stress at home due to her family's specific challenges"; and Aviva replying, "hey, we're all under stress here. I just had to hire a new gw!" But that wouldn't be making a big deal of the latter at all, I guess.

Well, first, she had her nanny since before her son was born and in prep for the special needs he had (transplant, hearing problems etc). She was with them for a very long time. And she was pointing out that everyone has stuff going on in their lives and that didn't mean they can be an asshole

• Love 6

Right, snowblossom. Heather wasn't being dismissive. She was rebutting the folks who were trying to tell her that Bethenny's bitchery was justified because of the changes going on in her life.

Heather said that she had a major change happen in her life as well. Her son is, what?, 8 or 9. The nanny they had was there for all of Jax's needs, which means that her departure was a huge change and disruption in her family's lives. Yet and still, Heather managed not to be an asshole.

That was entirely Heather's point and I thought it was pretty clear. Ya know, as in we all got shit going on in our lives that may not be ideal. Snapping over petty shit isn't cool or excusable.

• Love 5

Heather versus Jill Z.!!! I'm sure Jill would play dirty, and I hate Jill. Some self-awareness, but not nearly enough. I saw her in the skating birthday party she threw for herself, and I laughed and laughed at her. SO HAPPY when she was shit-canned - probably first time in her life she had a come-uppance.

But back to Heather. Sorry to hear of her troubles with Spanx. Sometimes I think it's better to focus on your own brand, and not stir up the big dog. Very expensive, and a time suck. Heather - just do you. Spanx will be Spanx. No one gives a shit except your ego. And the lawyers!! They probably LOVE that stuff. Heather DOES have an ego problem. It seems to "make it" in The Big Apple, either you go into it with some big bucks, marry some big bucks, or work like a dog and be a bit of an asshole to "climb your way to the top" a la Bethenny. I like how folks call Heather strong, bossy, etc., and because she's a woman, it's a negative. The other thing I notice? Folks who like to refute "slut-shaming" behavior by calling the women "hags." I've seen Heather and Carole referred to as hags in the discussion over Heather's gleeful slut-shaming behavior, especially on WWHL. I see the criticism of her, but turning around and calling her a hag sends a message of ageism. Or is it that she is ugly? Both? And should she be ashamed of being either one? I am in my mid-50s and not a beauty. I guess my priority should be saving my pennies for plastic surgery, since Time magazine has deemed it "routine" for women and more and more en to see it as "part of the maintenance." So if you don't follow along, especially if you HAVE the money to spend (and maybe Heather spends a pretty penny on stuff already - who knows? "We weren't there.") And IF she did? Well, why did she waste money on THAT when she could spend it on her charities? Never mind how much time and money she already spends. Women can't win no matter - too young, too pretty, too fat, nose too big, too vain, too ugly. Too bossy. too much drama, too nice, too meek, a doormat. A bitch, a frigid virgin, a slut. A classy dame, A home wreaker. An old maid, a feminist, a spinster, a gold digger. A stay at home mom (horrors!!) a successful  business women. A ball-buster, a head doctor.

Go Heather - HOLLA!!!!

• Love 7

I like how folks call Heather strong, bossy, etc., and because she's a woman, it's a negative. The other thing I notice? Folks who like to refute "slut-shaming" behavior by calling the women "hags." I've seen Heather and Carole referred to as hags in the discussion over Heather's gleeful slut-shaming behavior, especially on WWHL.

You've seen that behavior here?

• Love 2

I think having someone in your life for nine years, who tended to your young children and then that person leaves is a life moment and I do consider it a loss, with emotional pain involved. 

I get what you are trying to do, make a comparison, but I don't think it worked. In the scheme of things, long term nanny does trump a ghost writer. I put the nanny in the personal loss category, up there with a death but not equal to a death, yet the ghost writer doesn't even register on the personal loss scale. 

I would say that loosing a nanny you had for 9 years that was integral to your ill son's day to day life is very much like an unwanted divorce! Not to the level of a spouses death nor as little as a wanted divorce but very much so comparable to an unwanted divorce! JMO

• Love 4
(edited)

I read a few posts that used the word "hag" specifically. I do not wish to call out anyone, so I won't quote the posts. I made a mental note. When you are attuned to pick up use of language, you see it. I am certainly first in line to call out my own shaming labels. I at least realize on occasion when I am a giant hypocrite. I find it hard to be a parent and NOT be a hypocrite!! Lol. I am on the plumper side, (as well as old and ugly, but still married 25+ years!!) so I sometimes am envious of "skinny bitches." When I see a beautiful woman, I sometimes feel a twinge - why did I inherit my particular jawline?? Why do I have thunder thighs? LIFE ISN'T FAIR. Boo hoo. As one gets older, one starts to pull off the layers of mystery, and pull the wool off from over one's eyes!! I try harder to see the good in all women (and men). Sometimes these bitches make it hard!! Ramona makes my blood boil with her entitled behavior. Then she slyly wiggles her way out of it!! And LuAnn takes the brunt!! Brilliant. I don't know if she does it consciously, or it's behavior that she uses so much, it's part of her now. Heather is flawed, but I agree with those who see her as more "normal." More like someone I could actually talk to with out getting my head bitten off (unlike, say, Bethenny or Ramona. Or Vicki. Or the other OC Heather).

Can't wait to stuff my rolls into some Yummie.

Edited by Jeanius
  • Love 6

Can't stand the woman but I do like a Yummie bra I have.  It was supposed to be a sports bra but I still had too much bounce even when just walking and I'm only a B cup.  But it's a very comfy bra to sleep in.  Probably the best sleeping bra I own.  Does she market one strictly for that I wonder?

I was thinking that the one Lu was wearing looked like a sleeping bra. Reminded me of my favorite nighttime nursing bra a bit. Does anyone know which one it was? I want it but haven't had the chance to look around yet. 

(edited)

I think Adrienne pulling a no-show at the reunion was all due to not wanting to address any of the topics over the dramas surrounding her that season, as opposed to quitting the show entirely. But then Andy took the unprecedented step of essentially firing her on the spot, on-air. It's kinda like what I wrote about Nene - the producers (and network) always have the upper hand.

Right on right on right on.  

Some of these gals get so arrogant as to think that they control the producers/network. Not happening. 

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 1

I was thinking that the one Lu was wearing looked like a sleeping bra. Reminded me of my favorite nighttime nursing bra a bit. Does anyone know which one it was? I want it but haven't had the chance to look around yet. 

Heather tweeted that LuAnn was "rocking" her Ava Plunge Bra......$38.00

• Love 1

Heather tweeted that LuAnn was "rocking" her Ava Plunge Bra......$38.00

I love how Heather is getting good publicity for Yummie over this! And oh the irony of LuAnn providing the free promo with her rocking bod!

• Love 7

I do think she's leaving.  On her twitter feed, she has favorited several tweets telling her how much they're going to miss her, and thanking her for doing the show.

I'm ambivalent.  I totally get why she's leaving, and I think it's smart.  She can wish the show were different - so do I - but the truth is, it's not.  It's always going to favor Bethenny, in terms of edit and screen time.  It's always going to focus in on fighting and petty BS.  It's always going to reward people for saying something memorable, even if it's nasty.  

I laughed at Brandi, early in her run on RHOBH, when she said that the producers would not hire LeAnn because "they would never do that to me."  I thought, oh, you are so deluded.  The producers would do ANYTHING to you, or to anyone, if it increased the ratings.  As she has since learned.   I also remember when someone asked Judd from Real World San Francisco why he and Pam never did a Challenge or any other show.  He said "we made it out intact once, we weren't going to push our luck."  Smart move.  Sooner or later reality TV will always destroy you.

I've said before, the one thing that we all get to claim in life is our own narrative.  I would never go on one of these shows, because I would never give my narrative to anyone else (God, especially not Andy Cohen).  Heather took a calculated risk - that the benefit to her new company and her charity work would be worth the control she gave up.  It worked for two seasons.  But her luck ran out.  It failed this time.

Look, there are people who are saying that Heather was bossy, controlling, bitchy, etc.  Sometimes she can be.  Sometimes I can be too!!  But it's pretty evident, in my opinion at least, that her good qualities outweigh her bad.  She literally did not have ANY of her redeeming characteristics filmed this season, except for that one brief scene playing on the beach with Bethenny.  And the level of vitriol that she's gotten this season, over such slights as offering Bethenny a meatball or crying because she found a naked stranger in her suite, has made my stomach turn, and I don't even know her.  I feel sorrow for her, I admit it, but also for us, for the level of hatred and outrage that we visit upon others.  I don't think it's good for us, or healthy. I think it is smart of Heather to back away from the cruelty, to recapture her own narrative and her own life.  I wish her well.  And I think I will actually buy some Yummie in her honor.

Co-sign all, but especially this.

• Love 6

Heather's on HSN shilling her Yummie rags.  She does not shut up.  In fact, she doesn't seem to pause for a breath.

Yeah, how dare she try to sell something and try and be a success.  She should just be quiet and know her place.

I mean, seriously, I get not liking some of these characters but some of the stuff I'm seeing is just such petty criticism.  I don't even know why you'd watch her on another show if you don't like her. 

• Love 8

I don't even know why you'd watch her on another show if you don't like her. 

This is an oft-asked question and it really doesn't need an answer but I'll take a crack at it if you're really interested.  I'm not Sophlee but I don't like Heather either so I'll have a go.

Someone asked me this question about Bethenny once.  I despise(d) her.  But there I was every week watching her, not only on RHONY but on her spin offs. My reason?  I don't watch because I'm a FAN of any of the HWs.  I watch because I enjoy seeing them behave and misbehave.  In the beginning I was intrigued because it was a show about Housewives with $$$$$.  Well, I'm a housewife (but with only $$ LOL)  When I was a 20-something, I liked the "Real World".  When I was pregnant I liked "A Baby Story".  When I identify with a group, I generally enjoy watching them.  Now most of the HWs are no longer HWs.  RHONY only sports 2, for now.  But I'm hooked.  Now I enjoy watching them behave/misbehave.  And I enjoy participating on these forums.  If it ever got too much for me or if I was getting upset, I'd go away.  But I rarely feel that way because I just can't take them or us too seriously.

The only reason I'd tune in to watch Heather on HSN is to confirm that she is as annoying and interrupting in other venues as she is on RHONY. Sounds like she is. Like Bethenny, she's an interesting case study in manipulative, loudmouthed people who made it in the business world. Is she still on HSN?  Off to check my cable guide...

• Love 2

One of the things I find kind of fascinating in all this is despite the bad edit this season and the way she was/is being treated by some of her cast mates,  I'm pretty sure all of them have worn a yummie product (except maybe Dorinda).  Sure, they may have gotten them free but they do actually wear them.  That's a great endorsement.  I doubt that they 'have' to.  In comparison, how many of the woman have ordered a Skinnygirl product or a Ro pino or worn a Lu 'dress'. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I wanted to post this on the episode thread but it has been locked down for the night so........

This is from Heather's twitter..

"Lucky Star ‏@GraceIn2015  · Jul 14 
@Team_Giudice @DorindaMedley @iamHeatherT I wouldn't want a stranger there either but we have to remember there is a film crew there too.

Harri ‏@harrietdavid68  · 19h19 hours ago 
@GraceIn2015 @Team_Giudice @DorindaMedley @iamHeatherT The crew was sleeping. They don't stay up all night an film!

Heather Thomson ‏@iamHeatherT  · 15h15 hours ago 
@harrietdavid68 nor do they stay in the house with us - we were alone - just the cast oh & a total stranger they couldn't even name. #lame

So apparently, no crew/production members or staff stay at the house during the night. The women are on their own after any driver/car brings them back to the house late at night, which is why these late night hook up parties are never caught on camera. Which means that Ramona either took her guy up to the shared suite or told him to go there, not the "house manager" and there was no security present, just the HWs and a complete male stranger!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

This is an oft-asked question and it really doesn't need an answer but I'll take a crack at it if you're really interested.  I'm not Sophlee but I don't like Heather either so I'll have a go.

Someone asked me this question about Bethenny once.  I despise(d) her.  But there I was every week watching her, not only on RHONY but on her spin offs. My reason?  I don't watch because I'm a FAN of any of the HWs.  I watch because I enjoy seeing them behave and misbehave.  In the beginning I was intrigued because it was a show about Housewives with $$$$$.  Well, I'm a housewife (but with only $$ LOL)  When I was a 20-something, I liked the "Real World".  When I was pregnant I liked "A Baby Story".  When I identify with a group, I generally enjoy watching them.  Now most of the HWs are no longer HWs.  RHONY only sports 2, for now.  But I'm hooked.  Now I enjoy watching them behave/misbehave.  And I enjoy participating on these forums.  If it ever got too much for me or if I was getting upset, I'd go away.  But I rarely feel that way because I just can't take them or us too seriously.

The only reason I'd tune in to watch Heather on HSN is to confirm that she is as annoying and interrupting in other venues as she is on RHONY. Sounds like she is. Like Bethenny, she's an interesting case study in manipulative, loudmouthed people who made it in the business world. Is she still on HSN?  Off to check my cable guide...

I actually do understand watching in that context. But less in a talk-show/sales context where there's no narrative/story being told. For instance, I do like Heather but won't watch her on a talk show or HSN. I suppose, like all things, it's just a matter of taste.

• Love 4

I wanted to post this on the episode thread but it has been locked down for the night so........

This is from Heather's twitter..

"Lucky Star ‏@GraceIn2015  · Jul 14 

@Team_Giudice @DorindaMedley @iamHeatherT I wouldn't want a stranger there either but we have to remember there is a film crew there too.

Harri ‏@harrietdavid68  · 19h19 hours ago 

@GraceIn2015 @Team_Giudice @DorindaMedley @iamHeatherT The crew was sleeping. They don't stay up all night an film!

Heather Thomson ‏@iamHeatherT  · 15h15 hours ago 

@harrietdavid68 nor do they stay in the house with us - we were alone - just the cast oh & a total stranger they couldn't even name. #lame

So apparently, no crew/production members or staff stay at the house during the night. The women are on their own after any driver/car brings them back to the house late at night, which is why these late night hook up parties are never caught on camera. Which means that Ramona either took her guy up to the shared suite or told him to go there, not the "house manager" and there was no security present, just the HWs and a complete male stranger!

This certainly clarifies a lot.  Ya know, folks were talking about a producer staying in the extra bedroom but I was kind of doubting that.  I've been thinking that the extra bedroom downstairs may well have been used to store the production equipment - cameras, mics, etc.  Otherwise all this stuff would have to be lugged to the house every day. 

• Love 4

I watched Heather on HSN because I was curious about her product.  I've never actively disliked Heather though I find her abrasive.  I didn't watch long because I got distracted from the product because of the speed with which she was talking.  I certainly don't begrudge her success and in no way said she should be ladylike, whatever that means.  For me, the speed and intensity was a bit much for me to follow.

The houseboy stays at the house--how else would he be able to report the details.

Just a guess here, but he was the driver that night as well and may have gleaned information about the guys during that ride. When I looked that the "services" listed for the Villa, nowhere does it say 24/7 staff, so I suspect he went home for those few hours between driving them all back to the house and 9:30 am  when all hell broke out at the house. LOL

I watched Heather on HSN because I was curious about her product. I've never actively disliked Heather though I find her abrasive. I didn't watch long because I got distracted from the product because of the speed with which she was talking. I certainly don't begrudge her success and in no way said she should be ladylike, whatever that means. For me, the speed and intensity was a bit much for me to follow.

That makes sense (not snark). Totally not how I initially read your post, which maybe means I am not meant to read/post on these boards : )

I watched Heather on HSN because I was curious about her product.  I've never actively disliked Heather though I find her abrasive.  I didn't watch long because I got distracted from the product because of the speed with which she was talking.  I certainly don't begrudge her success and in no way said she should be ladylike, whatever that means.  For me, the speed and intensity was a bit much for me to follow.

She is trying to fit all the information about her product in a short amount of time but she knows her product. She does speed talk while doing it though. LOL I have seen LuAnn and Nene pitch their products on the shopping channels they went with and OMG! LOL Neither of them know much about their products at all, not the type of material, the cut/style name, the colors......they need to rely on cue cards the entire time with the show host doing most of the descriptive clothing details. Bethenny is more like Heather in her sales pitch but not quite as knowledgeable IMO. She does the speed talking as well but does rely on cue cards but I suspect it is because she lends her name to products she does not design herself, I am speaking of her failing/failed blender. Her voice is worse than Heather's though, think of Fran Dressher on speed trying to sell you a blender and there you have a Bethenny sales pitch! LOL

• Love 2

The houseboy stays at the house--how else would he be able to report the details.

I think Allister is what Bravo said he was, a house manager (part of the concierge service) who handles getting guests to and from places, etc. and locks the place up at night, then goes home.  He also drove one of the cars that night because Kris said he told her that he tried to not let the Scottish guys come back to the house.  I think he stayed late that night because of them being there.  He might have stayed all night that night because Ro let naked guy upstairs or he went home after he found out naked guy was being allowed to spend the night. 

• Love 1

One of the things I find kind of fascinating in all this is despite the bad edit this season and the way she was/is being treated by some of her cast mates,  I'm pretty sure all of them have worn a yummie product (except maybe Dorinda).  Sure, they may have gotten them free but they do actually wear them.  That's a great endorsement.  I doubt that they 'have' to.  In comparison, how many of the woman have ordered a Skinnygirl product or a Ro pino or worn a Lu 'dress'.

That's a really good point. I'm not an HLN viewer or shopper, but I checked it out to catch Heather in action, and she's doing a great job. And the Yummie products look great. No wonder all the HW's wear them.

• Love 7

I think Allister is what Bravo said he was, a house manager (part of the concierge service) who handles getting guests to and from places, etc. and locks the place up at night, then goes home.  He also drove one of the cars that night because Kris said he told her that he tried to not let the Scottish guys come back to the house.  I think he stayed late that night because of them being there.  He might have stayed all night that night because Ro let naked guy upstairs or he went home after he found out naked guy was being allowed to spend the night. 

I think he went home shortly after getting them back to the house, which was around 3 am. He was there again around 9:30 am, so that is enough time to go home to get a few hours of sleep. Heather said no one was in the house, overnight, other than the HWs and the 1 strange guy.

• Love 1

How would he know that Ramona showed the stranger upstairs?  Bethenny said the first day =the only one here to impress is a 21 year old houseboy.  I think he was there as he saw LuAnn making out on the deck.  BTW I don't think that makes Heather a liar as production and houseboy are two different cats.

I didn't watch long because I got distracted from the product because of the speed with which she was talking.  I certainly don't begrudge her success and in no way said she should be ladylike, whatever that means.  For me, the speed and intensity was a bit much for me to follow.

You would've loved Bethenny's talk show.

So here's my penance for being online for 3 straight hours tonight snarking on Heather and stalking her HSN YouTube videos....Before I plopped my ass on the sofa to kvetch with you people, I stuck the garden. hose in this boulder/water feature we have in front of our house, to top it off. Usually takes about 20 minutes. I forgot about it and it's been running non-stop since 8 oclock. So the fountain has overflowed, washed out a small flower bed and there is now a river flowing down our driveway, into the street and for 3 houses down til it reaches the sewer grate. Niiice. My husband is traveling and I'm glad because he would have put on his skully and kicked my ass.

• Love 6

FURTHER PENANCE:

Just went to my Facebook page (don't judge) and apparently because I googled Yummie and HSN, there are now several ads on my FB feed for YT shapewear. LOL .What is it they say about karma?

• Love 8

How would he know that Ramona showed the stranger upstairs?  Bethenny said the first day =the only one here to impress is a 21 year old houseboy.  I think he was there as he saw LuAnn making out on the deck.  BTW I don't think that makes Heather a liar as production and houseboy are two different cats.

All I know is that Lu said to Heather that she talked to Allister and he said that Ro took the one guy upstairs and said this is where you can stay.  I don't think Allister had any reason to lie about that.  I think, because it's Lu repeating something, and we know how wording can change as things are said from person to person, it that Ro probably said you can stay upstairs and she lead him upstairs.  Allister may well have been in the kitchen or whatever.  Lu did verify that there was kissing on the deck as Allister said. 

Still can't believe she states in her blog that married guy's vows were still intact after making out with Lu.

(edited)

How would he know that Ramona showed the stranger upstairs?

I don't remember who said it (Kristin?) but I believed whoever it was.

Sonja said she didn't know how he got there because she had gone to bed. I wonder if Ramona went upstairs with him for privacy since Sonja had already gone to bed in the room they shared. Maybe he passed out and Ramona decided to leave him there rather than being found in bed with him the next morning,

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I have to say I was bored today and watched more than I care to admit of Heather hawking her products on HSN. I've watched the show only a bit but was curious about her and I thought she was quite good. I don't watch a lot of HSN but I notice it as I flip around. My daughter and I get a kick out of these salespeople, mostly women. They're all so similar no matter what they're selling.

But Heather did come across as knowing her stuff. And she seemed so much friendlier and genuine than when I watched .... um.... say Nene. (I know that bar is super low!) I was actually tempted to buy some YT but didn't but there's no way in hell I'd buy anything that would put more money in Nene's pockets.

• Love 3