Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

I feel like we've gotten a lot less Yummie Tummie this season. I think she threw out a comment when they were putting on the wetsuits but other than that, it hasn't been mentioned much this season. I wonder if they've been editing it out or if Heather's been focused more on the drama than representing her brand.

(edited)

I noticec that too. I'm wondering if its editing due to the lawsuite with Spanx. Maybe Bravo doesn't want to be involved if Heather ends up with a judgement against her?

Edited by FozzyBear

Whoah, Heather really lost her temper at Luann's party. She was attacking Mindy (heh) for the very same thing she was doing-butting in, when it wasn't her fight. Mind your own business, Heather. You look deranged.

Mind your own business, Heather. You look deranged.

I never liked Heather much or trusted what I thought was her 'playing to the camera' real grrl persona (what grown ass woman goes snooping through other people's bedrooms to report back to la Principessa on private sexual matters?) but her behavior at Aviva's party slapped a whole different level of ugly all over her, imo. If my husband ever spoke to me (even in a heated moment with someone else) the way she spoke to Jonathan -- as if he were a pestering fool undeserving of even being heard, a peon to be brushed aside with a curt, dismissive brush-away - we’d be knee-deep in counseling immediately. That kind of casual, underlying contempt is pure poison.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

I was still a Heather fan when that episode aired so I didn't pay attention to that diss.  But since then, I've noticed her cut him off, mid sentence,  a couple times.  I'll try to catch a repeat of that party and meanwhile pay closer attention to how she treats Jonathon.  I think there is more nastiness to come from Yummie Mummie.

Bumping Heather's thread because it's been buried way at the bottom.  I imagine it will go back there until she does something interesting or Bravo ramps up her edit.

She's getting skewered in her blog today.  I don't blame her for hawking her wares - they all do - but she manages to do it, long and loud, in the first couple paragraphs while tying herself into Lu's charity and at the same time deflecting from her bad behavior at the aforementioned. 

From her blog:

It's Aviva's way or the high way--her terms, or none at all. Whenever she's confronted over her choices, her actions, or her behavior, she just goes in and hard, every time. And, why does she always have a bar set up in her bedroom?

While I, mostly, agree with her about the first part, why does she care about a bar in Aviva's bedroom?  Would she be so bent about a desk and copy machine in Radzi's kitchen?

• Love 1

Bumping Heather's thread because it's been buried way at the bottom.  I imagine it will go back there until she does something interesting or Bravo ramps up her edit.

She's getting skewered in her blog today.  I don't blame her for hawking her wares - they all do - but she manages to do it, long and loud, in the first couple paragraphs while tying herself into Lu's charity and at the same time deflecting from her bad behavior at the aforementioned. 

From her blog:

While I, mostly, agree with her about the first part, why does she care about a bar in Aviva's bedroom?  Would she be so bent about a desk and copy machine in Radzi's kitchen?

Kadooz to a bar in every bedroom.  Ramona and I approve.

• Love 4
(edited)

Agreed! A bar in the bedroom would be the beesknees, beesknees.

What's the issue?

Who had an issue with the bar ? God lord, of all of Aviva's style/decorating choices a bar in the bedroom isn't even on my top 100 complaints. They have a bunch of young kids. Why not make the bedroom into a sexy time resort. Put a damn hot tub in there for all I care. Parents got to get it when they can. I don't even like Aviva, but that's the best excuse I've ever heard for an absurdly oversized master suite! I'm going to go measure my bedroom right now. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

Reid needs to get his drink on before tangoing with Aviva.  Especially since she probably calls him by another name during sex.

Dad?                                    (Going straight to Hell for this one)

• Love 15

Reid needs to get his drink on before tangoing with Aviva.  Especially since she probably calls him by another name during sex.

I don't know, Aviva seems more like a "Daddy" kind of girl...........

• Love 2

Trooper I can't seem to like your posts from my mobile device but next time I am on my desktop I am liking all your comments. Ka-dooz.

Ka-dooz. Now I really feel like I'm back home, lol.

It feels like Sonja and Ramona are dialing it in this season. They're more interested in drinking and/or men, or men who will drink with them. Uptown slovenly.

• Love 1

AHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm now more convinced than ever that George and his "girlfriend" were manufactured for a spinoff and shame on Bravo for trying to make that happen. (Meet you in hell. My friends and I have a corner reserved. Please drop by.)

(edited)

Oh God.  I am bringing the Ramona Pinot with me.  Straight to Hell, yes.  Agreed that George's entire "fiancee" story line is a big bag of made up BS for a story line.  Well, only time will tell.  Let's see how fast George gets hitched now that's he's been dropped from the show.  And to all my fellow RHONYC peeps, kadooz.

AHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm now more convinced than ever that George and his "girlfriend" were manufactured for a spinoff and shame on Bravo for trying to make that happen. (Meet you in hell. My friends and I have a corner reserved. Please drop by.)

Edited by beesknees

C'mon youse guys. LOL  Every time I see Heather's thread up near the top, I get all flushed and excited and like, "Finally! Heather's thread is moving up! Heather's thread is moving up! It's going where Aviva's and George's have been for almost the entire season. Snark!" 

And then I see it's about George. No snark about Heather?  She's making it so easy!

That said, I can't believe ANYBODY thinks it's a good idea for George and 'Cody' to have their own show.

• Love 2

C'mon youse guys. LOL  Every time I see Heather's thread up near the top, I get all flushed and excited and like, "Finally! Heather's thread is moving up! Heather's thread is moving up! It's going where Aviva's and George's have been for almost the entire season. Snark!" 

And then I see it's about George. No snark about Heather?  She's making it so easy!

That said, I can't believe ANYBODY thinks it's a good idea for George and 'Cody' to have their own show.

Hee hee!

Okay, I'll talk about Heather.  Actually I'll talk about Yummie Tummie.  Trust me, it aint no Spanx.  I bought the 2-way tank from Amazon.  It is certainly comfortable to wear -- the fabric is much different than Spanx.  But whatever compression you get from the tank, it seems to stretch out easily.  So my not-so-yummie tummie doesn't feel like it's being held in very much.   I don't think the founder of Spanx has anything to worry about from Heather.  I've had cheaper and better shapewar from Maidenform.

• Love 3

I wish someone would design some shapewear for tall women.  I'm 5'10 and all those cami tops end up bunched under my boobs because I'm longer in the waist than most.  I'm a small or medium size but to get the length I'd probably have to go XL and then there'd be no compression where I need it.  Maybe Heather would take that suggestion from her #1 fan. 

• Love 3

I want to weigh in on Heather and the topic of Jax.  I like Heather, so I'm not attempting to shade her parenting.  If Heather got a second opinion on the surgery that changed her mind, I think that's fine.  I just question the extent of Jax's input.  Sure, you want to give the kid some autonomy.  The problem is, he's just too young to understand the consequences of his hearing loss.  I have several hearing impaired and deaf family members.  Once their speech is affected - Jax's is - it's difficult to fix. I had a chronic childhood disease and I hated it and everything about it.  I didn't want to talk about it, I didn't want to do the physical therapy, I didn't want to take the medicine, etc.  My mother tried to insist, but I did sway her to my thinking.  I didn't care about how it would affect me.  I just didn't want to be different - regardless of the consequences.  That's when "mean" mom needs to step in.  It's difficult, I'm sure.

• Love 1

I want to weigh in on Heather and the topic of Jax. I like Heather, so I'm not attempting to shade her parenting. If Heather got a second opinion on the surgery that changed her mind, I think that's fine. I just question the extent of Jax's input. Sure, you want to give the kid some autonomy. The problem is, he's just too young to understand the consequences of his hearing loss. I have several hearing impaired and deaf family members. Once their speech is affected - Jax's is - it's difficult to fix. I had a chronic childhood disease and I hated it and everything about it. I didn't want to talk about it, I didn't want to do the physical therapy, I didn't want to take the medicine, etc. My mother tried to insist, but I did sway her to my thinking. I didn't care about how it would affect me. I just didn't want to be different - regardless of the consequences. That's when "mean" mom needs to step in. It's difficult, I'm sure.

I'm glad you brought this up. I remember thinking at the time the same thing. I'm the parent, a responsible adult, who makes the best decisions for my children. I, of course, would talk to them. But ultimately, the decision would be made by me based on experts in the field. And I'm not commenting on their parenting style either. Just my thoughts.

The way that I viewed that conversation was not that Heather let Jax have final say. She told Carole that she and Jonathan got a second opinion, and that what they heard in that second opinion made them rethink the procedure altogether.

I got from that they were quite already on the "No" side after the second opinion (like, if we want to give the scale a percentage, I'd say, based on what Heather told Carole, that Heather and Jonathan were already 90% certain they weren't going to pursue the procedure after the second opinion), and Jax's 10% opinion filled out the opinion pie.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 2

The way that I viewed that conversation was not that Heather have Jax final say. She told Carole that she and Jonathan got a second opinion, and that what they heard in that second opinion made them rethink the procedure altogether.

I got from that they were quite already on the "No" side after the second opinion (like, if we want to give the scale a percentage, I'd say, based on what Heather told Carole, that Heather and Jonathan were already 90% certain they weren't going to pursue the procedure after the second opinion), and Jax's 10% opinion filled out the opinion pie.

I agree, I don't think Heather let Jax decide, I thought Heather was saying that they had decided after the second opinion that it wasn't going to happen, and Jax saying 'it's not so bad' was just something that reassured them that they were making the right decision.

As I understand, Jax underwent another less invasive procedure, so it's not like Heather decided Jax didn't want a surgery, so she did nothing.

• Love 3

I agree, I don't think Heather let Jax decide, I thought Heather was saying that they had decided after the second opinion that it wasn't going to happen, and Jax saying 'it's not so bad' was just something that reassured them that they were making the right decision.

As I understand, Jax underwent another less invasive procedure, so it's not like Heather decided Jax didn't want a surgery, so she did nothing.

Good points from you both. Isn't it odd we can have a civil conversation about this show...

• Love 1

Has anyone ever noticed how Heather talks to her castmates, and to us in her THs like we're children? No?  Just me? 

This scene to me is very telling about her personality.  Kristen is so far beneath her - even where Heather is positioned on the rock - illustrates that Heather is 'up here' and Kristen is 'down there'.  That's an old boardroom trick. 

At :45 seconds watch what Heather does. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/videos/friends-freak-out-and-say-their-sorry

(Remember - the day before is when Heather was so bitchy to Kristen.  Who owed whom an apology?  And why did Kristen start to cry.  Girl, please.  Grow a pair.  Heather accepting your apology and bestowing you with her sympathy was demeaning.  Then Heather tells her how Josh would kick her ass over this and so would Jonathon.  I think Kristen had one second of "wait...wha..wait one cotton pickin' minute..." because when Heather leaned in for the hug, Kristen returned that shit so half-heartedly. 

• Love 5

Has anyone ever noticed how Heather talks to her castmates, and to us in her THs like we're children? No?  Just me? 

No, i'm right there with you on this. Heather, while I like her, gets on my nerves. She's very dominating and I'm tired of it. 

It's great to be strong and have convictions, values and ethics. But she's not the only one who lives that way and she keeps saying that anyone who isn't as loud and confrontational as her is somehow flawed. There are plenty of women, and men, who are strong but are not shoving their personality down everyones throat. Eg. LuAnn in her Countess days especially. Carole in her way. 

Heather seems to think she's Queen Bee and that's a role she claimed without having earned it from what I've seen. I didn't like the way she followed Ramona around last season at that party for instance. Ramona put a boundary, Heather walked all over it. Where are good values and ethics in that? 

I like Heather. But I really want her to shut up more and also let the others be who they are without judging and finding fault with them if they are not exactly like Heather herself. It's beyond irritating for me now. Heather could take a note or two from Carole in this regard.

• Love 7

Heather grates on me this season and last. Glad someone else feels the same way. I can't take the bossiness and the know-it-all ness....and the presumed, ...I'm so cool.

The singing in the club episode. I never commented on that when the episode aired ....but I thought she was fucking awful when she thought she was a charming show stopper just because she had the nerve get up there and to do it. "Won't you come home Bill Bailey". She said it was a an old jazz song. No, sweetheart. It is an American ragtime standard (which is why production allowed the song choice so no royalties would have to be paid). She acted like she had musical credentials. Give me a break. Because she worked for P-Diddy and her dad played in a band for fun and she likes to read rock star bios.  I don't think so.

Plus I think she dresses for shit in most every scene (except maybe her Montana gear). She has very odd fashion sense.

Ugh and that awful mother-of-the-bride pink number she wore for the reunion, with the hard defined eyebrows and bright red lipstick and the weird side swept hair that made the right side of her head almost look shaved. 

I couldn't help but wonder if she bossed around the reunion makeup artist to create that awful look for her.  

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

This scene to me is very telling about her personality.  Kristen is so far beneath her - even where Heather is positioned on the rock - illustrates that Heather is 'up here' and Kristen is 'down there'.  That's an old boardroom trick. 

At :45 seconds watch what Heather does. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/videos/friends-freak-out-and-say-their-sorry

Gotta love the TH in which she says something like: You know Carol wrote her book because it was a NYT bestseller and she was on Oprah. End of story. LOL OK, Heather.

The name of the clip is misleading. It says "Friends Freak Out And Say THEY'RE Sorry." Did I miss something?

From the clip:

"What do you think John would feel like if he knew that at a table full of women you said that I control him?"  Hmm... My guess is he would feel no different than he must have felt in a house full of women AND men when he tried to get his wife to calm down and she...oh, we all know the rest.

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 5

I was totally creeped out by Heather and Kristen at the reunion. Not only did I think the new approved version of events glossed over some stuff (like Heather ignoring Krusten asking her for silence during the rock thing, like Heather getting completely shit faced, like Heather being a bitch when she did get shit faced. Basically Heather), but the way they told the story bothered me. Heather went into her full on Oprah mode, taking controll of the conversation and telling everybody how they REALLY felt and why they REALLY felt that way, while Kristen just sat there nodding her head like a good little cult member. Just gross. I don't care the Heather is assertive or bossy (good for her), but I hate they way she feels like she has to be in charge of what everybody thinks and everybody better think she's perfect!

• Love 6

like Heather getting completely shit faced, .....

What also grated on me when she got shit faced in Montana, was later that evening, when the ladies were in the glamping tent at the dinner table and Heather stood on her dining chair to make a point shouting, "...I am the boss" ( I paraphrase). Trying the make fun of herself.

She thought she was being cool, funny, an entertaining drunk. But she wasn't. In fact, I felt that the rest of the seated ladies at the table had had enough of her.  She was just plain annoying.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3

What also grated on me when she got shit faced in Montana, was later that evening, when the ladies were in the glamping tent at the dinner table and Heather stood on her dining chair to make a point shouting, "...I am the boss" ( I paraphrase). Trying the make fun of herself.

She thought she was being cool, funny, an entertaining drunk. But she wasn't. In fact, I felt that the rest of the seated ladies at the table had had enough of her.  She was just plain annoying.

What actually aggravated me was she acted like a dick on the trip and then somehow managed to get an apology from Kristen.  Kristen annoys the fuck out of me, but Heather was being an ass.  If she had said to Kristen "Sorry - I'm being an ass," there never would have been the "bossy" comment about her bossing Jonathan. Have we ever seen her actually apologize when she's being an ass?  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6

Have we ever seen her actually apologize when she's being an ass?  

Not that I'm aware of.  She  told Kristen in the clip that it is SO easy to say I'm sorry. "It's just 2 little words."

Aha!  Finally something that the majority of the world is better at than Heather.

• Love 4

I have more in common with Heather than with any other HW save maybe Carole. So I like her.

She's shushed Carole twice that I recall. Once at Le Cirque, and I agreed, because Aviva was successfully luring Card down the useless rabbit hole of "Nuh-uh!" / "Yeah-huh!"

Second time, during the reunion (part 2??) she talked over Carole, who was beginning to respond to a newer insult from Veevs.

I thought then, "Mama Bear, if you never let your cubbies try to defend themselves, they'll *never* learn how!"

She doesn't do Carole any favors by automatically coming to her defense when Carole's right there and able to scrap for herself.

Edited by Ipse Dixit
  • Love 2

I don't know why, but I just don't like Heather. I think it's because she came in guns blazing last year for Ramona, not that Ramona wasn't asking for it. But it seemed to me she planned to go after a veteran and become top dog. And she continued her plan this year when she made Carol's issue her own. Don't ask me for more concrete examples cause I can't remember what happened this year, let alone last year. And of course, after your comments I have the right to change my opinion. Discuss...

• Love 3

Don't ask me for more concrete examples cause I can't remember what happened this year, let alone last year. And of course, after your comments I have the right to change my opinion. Discuss...

Here's a clip from last season of Carole, Ramona and Aviva dissing Heather for exactly the reason I don't like her - she's either always talking FOR someone or talking OVER someone.

I had forgotten this part though. Carole says Heather needs a ball gag.  LOL.  OMG, I'll bet that's why this season was so delayed.  Radzi was too busy apologizing.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-5/videos/battle-of-the-talkers

ETA:  link

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

I had to watch the clip. Carole offers "ball gag" because Ramona was trying to explain it but was using different words. Carole supplied to correct term.

In any case, I didn't come around to Heather until I think the St. Barth's episodes. I was so surprised by how she didn't invite Ramona to London (not that I'm a Ramona fan but it was coming off the season where Sonja read Cindy the riot act so I was unprepared). I didn't view it as Heather coming on the show and gunning for Ramona, though. I don't think it was calculated at all. I was simply in disbelief that Heather didn't back down because so many others had backed down from Ramona before.

• Love 2
Carole offers "ball gag" because Ramona was trying to explain it but was using different words. Carole supplied to correct term.

Yeah, that's quite different than stating that she "needs" one in her mouth.

In any case, I didn't come around to Heather until I think the St. Barth's episodes.

I was also iffy about Heather last season, until the end and after the reunion. At this point I'm totally sprung.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 1
Carole offers "ball gag" because Ramona was trying to explain it but was using different words. Carole supplied to correct term.

Yeah, that's quite different than stating that she "needs" one in her mouth.

No, Carole suggests they do a 'talking intervention' on Heather.  Ramona says they should "put a bandana around her mouth, like a very sexy cloth so she can't speak."

Carole:  "A ball gag!"

I don't know ball gags but I've never seen one that looks like a bandana or a sexy cloth.  Ball gag does not equal a sexy cloth.  Carole most definitely suggested the ball gag.  I guess one could assume, jaync, that in Heather's mouth is where it needed to go to stop her from talking.  Although, imo, Heather does speak out of her ass a lot.....

Haha! I'm doing some online retail therapy this a.m. looking for eye shadow palettes and I came across this one from Too Faced Cosmetics.  Look at the names of the colors.  Reminded me of Heather.  

'Girly' and 'Dainty'' for the dresses she wore to Carole's b'day and Lu's charity.  'Charming' because as much as I hate to admit it she can be on the very rare occasion. 'Totally Fetch' for making "Holla!" happen.  'Miss Sparkles' because you'd think she farts rainbows and sparkles...and the rest are self explanatory.  Too bright for me but damn if thoughts of Heather didn't totally invade my shopping head space just now.  Had to share.  The name of the palette is "Pretty Rebel".

too-faced-pretty-rebel-5.jpg

• Love 1

Wellll...she's "excited to share the exciting news"  that she tapped the whopping size 4 MIss Indiana USA as the face of Fall/Winter Yummie.

To give you a little background, Mekayla ranked in the top 20 for Miss USA and became a body image role model overnight when her “normal” size 4 figure challenged conventional pageant standards. She strutted confidently down the runway in a bikini and immediately became a trending topic on Twitter. Her confidence, curves and attitude towards body image was exactly what we were  looking for when casting a model to rock the Yummie Fall/Holiday 2014 collections (which includes shapewear and our brand new denim, bras, panties and active line which you will know and love soon enough!)

http://www.yummielife.com/blog/mekayla-diehl-miss-indiana-usa-models-for-yummie-fallholiday-2014/