Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

Agreed. Marketing move in the right direction although I think Kristen is probably a 4, too. Mekayla looks 'larger?' because she's shorter.  Balls to the wall and feature a size 14 already. 

Bethenny's shapewear line ran very small.  This is probably why she failed.  If size 12 is the average size of a woman in the U.S. why not cater to those women who might want the shapewear?  I read a review from a woman who was a size 8, and the XL in Beth's line was too small. Size:  FAIL

• Love 1

I know it was for the show, but seeing Kristin in shapewear was just ridiculous to me. Does Heather use other models who actually have tummies and you know, shapes to make yummie?

On HSN, she uses models of ALL sizes. Her line is NOT designed to squeeze you into 2 sizes smaller but is designed to smooth out your lumps and bumps more than anything else. It is gentle/comfortable shape wear, NOT compression/squeeze spanx type of shape wear. 

On HSN, she uses models of ALL sizes. Her line is NOT designed to squeeze you into 2 sizes smaller but is designed to smooth out your lumps and bumps more than anything else. It is gentle/comfortable shape wear, NOT compression/squeeze spanx type of shape wear. 

Oh, OK, thanks. Still think Kristin was just too...without bumps and lumps, though.

Ahhh .... so she should hook Kelly up with some to smooth over her lumpy bumpy body.

• Love 2

This is precisely why I didn't like the YT tanks I bought.  It really felt like a regular old t-shirt that I spent too much money on.  It didn't feel like it smoothed me out at all though.  I personally like Maidenform shaper cami's better than both YT and Spanx.  You get some smoothing but don't have to pay out the ass

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1

Heather is on HSN now, from 9-10 and then again from 10-11.

I happened to stumble upon The Holla On HSN last night and she was talking about how she loves clothes.  She'll wear "cashmere to the floor" but it's the basics that really matter.  Paraphrasing this part: "I love fashion and clothes."  What was hilarious was what she said immediately after that.  "I guess you could call me a whore."  LOLOL.  She knew the minute she said it she misspoke but the look on the demure hostess's face further spelled it out for her. 

You know in Heather's head she was saying, "Damnit, Mother fucker, I didn't mean to say that."  You can take the girl out of NYC and try to make her appeal to the Midwest mamas she's marketing to, but you can't take the NYC out of the girl.

For what it's worth, her bras did look comfy but didn't look like they offered much more support than the bras I wear to bed.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

Heather's Twitter and Facebook pages have been scrubbed of all pictures of Jonathon, save two. One from January, one from June. 

Hmmm. Ramping up the dramz for season 7 or is there trouble in YummieTown?

• Love 1

Heather's Twitter and Facebook pages have been scrubbed of all pictures of Jonathon, save two. One from January, one from June. 

Hmmm. Ramping up the dramz for season 7 or is there trouble in YummieTown?

Ten days ago she posted this on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/uFoNTWDreQ/?modal=true

And then last Friday, she posted a pic of the matching "Fight Like A Girl" bracelets she and Carole are wearing.  Who's fighting who?  Or what?  Inquiring snarkers want to know.  Something?  Nothing?  What?

http://instagram.com/p/uWXZEhjrUk/?modal=true

Ten days ago she posted this on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/uFoNTWDreQ/?modal=true

And then last Friday, she posted a pic of the matching "Fight Like A Girl" bracelets she and Carole are wearing.  Who's fighting who?  Or what?  Inquiring snarkers want to know.  Something?  Nothing?  What?

http://instagram.com/p/uWXZEhjrUk/?modal=true

"Fight Like a Girl" is a support group for women (and their family members and friends) who have fought cancer and other diseases.

As for a more recent picture of her and Jonathan, I see one on her IG from two months ago, and the time between that picture and another of her and him in a helicopter was four weeks. I think they're fine. She's not posting pictures everyday of Jonathan (something I don't think she did before anyway), so I'm not smelling any trouble in their marriage.  

Edited by Mozelle

Is it possible Jonathon deleted his social media accounts and most of her pics were links instead of posted to her own account.  I do not think they could keep a full scale separation out of the news with the start of filming. 

• Love 1

I do not think they could keep a full scale separation out of the news with the start of filming. 

Me, neither.  Which makes me wonder:  WHY she changed her Twitter bio (editing out the 'wife' part), changed her profile picture (up until 2 weeks ago it was a sexy, sepia-toned shot of her and Jonathon - now it's a cute shot of her alone) and took out the majority of photos of him.  It's intriguing. To me anyway. Which might be the purpose.  A teaser for her storyline this season?? 

If that's why she made these changes, the timing wasn't great, though.  Beth stole all the thunder this week with the announcement of her return.

• Love 1

Me, neither.  Which makes me wonder:  WHY she changed her Twitter bio (editing out the 'wife' part), changed her profile picture (up until 2 weeks ago it was a sexy, sepia-toned shot of her and Jonathon - now it's a cute shot of her alone) and took out the majority of photos of him.  It's intriguing. To me anyway. Which might be the purpose.  A teaser for her storyline this season?? 

If that's why she made these changes, the timing wasn't great, though.  Beth stole all the thunder this week with the announcement of her return.

Heather and Jonathan may simply being trying to eliminate Jonathan's Social Media presence as a way of protecting his professional reputation. As Heather said last season, she signed up to be a housewife, Jonathan didn't he is just supporting her. 

If filming is just starting, it would make sense that they would do what they could to mitigate any fallout for Jonathan before all of the wild rumors start hitting the social outlets as a preventative measure. That way, the focus would be on Heather instead of Jonathan. And, I do believe that Heather was extremely upset that Jonathan was being portrayed as weak simply because she so confident last season.

• Love 3

And, I do believe that Heather was extremely upset that Jonathan was being portrayed as weak simply because she so confident last season.

I agree that she was upset that he was portrayed as weak but she was the one who put the first inkling, in my brain anyway, when she put baby in the corner at Luann's barbeque in the Hamptons.  That might have extremely upset him.  Or maybe that's part of her charm for him.  Who knows.  We'll have to watch what happens.

If what they're doing is trying to limit Jon's social media exposure to protect his business, I can respect that.  I just read that Harry Hamlin is refusing to appear on RHOOC for the same reason.  Makes perfect sense.

• Love 1

I agree that she was upset that he was portrayed as weak but she was the one who put the first inkling, in my brain anyway, when she put baby in the corner at Luann's barbeque in the Hamptons.  That might have extremely upset him.  Or maybe that's part of her charm for him.  Who knows.  We'll have to watch what happens.

If what they're doing is trying to limit Jon's social media exposure to protect his business, I can respect that.  I just read that Harry Hamlin is refusing to appear on RHOOC for the same reason.  Makes perfect sense.

...Beverly Hills I believe.

So I've been thinking about this.  If that's what they're doing, should we then expect Jonathon to 'pull a Harry Hamlin' and refuse to participate except as a background player, if at all?  If he does appear, does that throw the theory that they want to limit his exposure to protect the business, out the window?

Did Jonathon ever do a talking head?

• Love 1

Hey, I was merely concerned for Heather bout the state of her marriage.  If everything is OK then whatever.  I could see her wanting to protect him from being insulted again or from looking bad & maybe pull him out for the sake of his professional life.  As far as the show, he didn't add that much, but I really liked his presence.  He seems like such a darn sweet guy.  Sheesh, when do ya ever see that on this show?  I think Bethenny's head would explode if she met him.  Could she actually deal with a nice person?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

I don't think any of the men in this franchise have received the TH treatment. Maybe Simon, since he was so eager to insert himself, but I can't be certain. Oh, did Jason ever do a TH when Bethenny was filming?

I know it was for the show, but seeing Kristin in shapewear was just ridiculous to me. Does Heather use other models who actually have tummies and you know, shapes to make yummie?

I think Kristen is beautiful and incredibly photogenic, but she's not the right model for YT. Even if she's a size 4, she's 5'10." A woman that tall at a size 4 is way different from a petite woman (under 5'4") who is that same size. YT has some of Kristen's photos on their site, but she's not who they are marketing to. K is a swizzle stick & would never need YT or Spanx. Though I like her, I never got the fawning the ladies did over her body. Maybe Bravo had her use K so there would be more interaction between the women and show the two at work? Or if K's modeling career was stalling, she used her to help out a friend?

BTW: Jonathan is a hottie and seems like a sweetie. What sort of biz is he in?

As far as shape wear, Spanx has a less expensive line you can buy at Target (and probably other places) called Assets and it's excellent. 

• Love 1

Heather tweeted her excitement over RHONY returning on March 11.  She tweeted everyone except Bethenny.  Accidental oversight?  Hope not. 

My birthday is mid-April.  By then the season will be well underway.  Type A Heather + Type A Bethenny might equal MY best birthday present yet. 

Heather ThomsonVerified account
‏@iamHeatherT   Season 6 Up Next! #HOLLA  http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4637563 … @ramonasinger @CaroleRadziwill @KristenTaekman @CountessLuAnn @SonjatMorgan #RHONY

She's pretty excited. HOLLA!

https://twitter.com/iamHeatherT/status/552922699493019649

• Love 2

Anybody know Heather's age/birthday? (Guess I'm a bad fangurl for not following her on social media.) I remember last season opened with her birthday party, but don't recall if it was said how old she was turning.

So Heather's 45 or knocking on the door of it. She's aging gracefully and probably getting regular facial peels. I don't see any indication of Botox use, although it may be very subtle and only gets trace amounts. I think she's wise enough to keep it that way and stays away from fillers. She's got a banging body for a woman of any age and obviously has a great deal of discipline to maintain it. She's heads above Bethenny in looks and personality and far more healthy. I can see some potential barbs between these two (fingers crossed).

• Love 5

don't think they ever said how old she was going to be. Maybe they only mentioned Carole's since it was a milestone b-day? I'm guessing Heather to be somewhere in her late 30s to early 40s.

Edited to add:

Lookie what I found! http://www.nytimes.c...-schindler.html

Egawds!  I had to look up my old forgotten password to get back into the site so I could post. 

HOLD ON,    how did I never know that Heather graduated from SUNY Plattsburgh?!?!  She and I went to the same college?  Yikes!  Now I'm dying to know what she studied, where she lived, etc.  It's not exactly a college know for design studies.

Now I gotta give the girl more credit for her second home.  If she chose Plattsburgh, she really does like cold and rural.

• Love 1

You know that episode of "Frasier" where they have a focus group to evaluate Frasier's radio show, and one participant, played by Tony Shalhoub, can only contribute, "I just don't like him."  No elaboration, no explanation.  "I just don't like him."  That's sort of how I feel about Heather. 

On paper, in principle, I feel like I should like her.  But I just don't like her.  And I can't really put my finger on why, except maybe it goes back to the mud run when she told Kristin she'd have her back, and then literally left her behind in the dust.  That seems like quintessential Heather.

I just don't like her.

• Love 7

Heather just never shuts up.  I can see why Sonja didn't invite her to meet with her team or let her in the door.  Maybe it is an awareness issue but it just seems Heather just has to take over every situation.  I thought Sonja was smart not to apologize initially to Heather because Heather claimed she would not speak to her-a gift.  She just talks over everyone and no one cares if her feelings are hurt.  Heather has absolutely ZERO discretion when it comes to these other women.

• Love 3
(edited)

Exactly. Especially if you're claiming that you're going to deck her all while walking away. Aviva's friend's mouth wrote a check that her ass wouldn't have been able to cash.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 1

Heather's behavior during the Hamptons blowout still befuddles me. It was practically Gorgaesque from start to finish, in my opinion, and was reminiscent for me of Teresa's table flip, in the context that the fury of both women erupted over matters that didn't even involve them; loved ones attempted to restrain both to no avail; and the disputes culminated with bizarre, almost feral howling from both women. The entire episode commenced because Heather insisted on inserting herself into a discussion that was supposed to occur between Aviva and Carole - why Heather felt it necessary to appoint herself the lone arbiter of BookGate still mystified me - and then took umbrage when Amanda tried to pipe in on Aviva's behalf. So Heather is the only third-party who can commandeer and escalate conflict? And, yes, Amanda did indeed threaten to "deck" Heather, while making the effort to extricate herself from the argument. But, no, Heather literally pursued her through multiple rooms of the house in order to perpetuate and then turn the volume up on the conflict, all the while acting as if she is somehow an aggrieved party. I thought it was perfectly reasonable for Jonathon to try to calm her down once she started to scream at Aviva but, nope, it was absolutely imperative to spontaneously start employing "nothing" in place of "anything" (it literally shifted from one remark to the next) and try to eject Aviva from a home that wasn't even hers. A strange display all around.

• Love 4

{snip} and try to eject Aviva from a home that wasn't even hers. A strange display all around.

She said to Aviva, "Nobody likes you.  Nobody wants you here."  After I stopped laughing at her nana nana boo boo-ing, I remembered that she was in Lu's house and how dare you.  But she didn't stop there. When she failed to get Aviva ejected she started in on Amanda:  "Lu, you gotta get dis bitch outta here." 

Again...You are in LU'S HOUSE, Holla.  Shut your pie hole.  When she told Aviva not to tell her effing nothing mother effer, Lu looked shocked.  What Lu should have done at that point was eject Heather.  I felt sorry for Jonathon.  He looked embarrassed.  Or ashamed.  Probably both.

• Love 2

Yes, again, she told LuAnn to get Amanda out of there because Amanda had not only told Heather that she'd deck her, but she literally kept inserting herself into the conversation that Carole and Aviva were having on the verandah. Before the women left the two alone, Amanda was sitting there with her peanut gallery comments and Heather was like, "Why are you saying these things?"

I'm not going to pretend that Amanda was some wallflower and then Heather just started in on her apropos of nothing. The Amanda (and Brandi, for that matter)  types expect to say that they're going to physically harm someone without consequence (essentially, hoping for non-reactions of the Kyle variety every time Brandi threatened harm to Kyle). Heather pulled her card. And when Jonathan went over, she said, "Excuse me, John. Please stay out of this." She didn't yell at him. She didn't raise her voice at him. She didn't wag her finger at him. She didn't push him away. So, yeah, I'm not for the retconning of that whole Hamptons situation. 

• Love 2

Yes, again, she told LuAnn to get Amanda out of there because Amanda had not only told Heather that she'd deck her, but she literally kept inserting herself into the conversation that Carole and Aviva were having on the verandah. Before the women left the two alone, Amanda was sitting there with her peanut gallery comments and Heather was like, "Why are you saying these things?"

I'm not going to pretend that Amanda was some wallflower and then Heather just started in on her apropos of nothing. The Amanda (and Brandi, for that matter)  types expect to say that they're going to physically harm someone without consequence (essentially, hoping for non-reactions of the Kyle variety every time Brandi threatened harm to Kyle). Heather pulled her card. And when Jonathan went over, she said, "Excuse me, John. Please stay out of this." She didn't yell at him. She didn't raise her voice at him. She didn't wag her finger at him. She didn't push him away. So, yeah, I'm not for the retconning of that whole Hamptons situation. 

Not to mention, it didn't seem like Lu was mad at Heather at all. If memory serves she tried to get everyone to calm down, then moved to serving dessert.  In her blog her only harsh words were for Aviva and Amanda. She said she had no idea what Amanda was doing there. Amanda had irritated them all earlier at Sonja's burlesque deal by mocking her quite loudly. Didn't seem like she minded the suggestion that she kick her out. Lu's house, Lu's rules. My assumption was always that Lu liked the fact that there was such drama at her pad. This was the first time we were seeing her and I believe it was 4 episodes in. After her big demotion, having the party where there was a big scene was probably a turn on for her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Amanda was an ass, Aviva was an ass, and Heather was an ass.  There's room for all three of them in the ass category that night.

I think I remember finger wagging at Jon by Heather.  And a distinct dismissive, brusque tone.  As far as what I said about him seeming embarrassed and ashamed, I wasn't even necessarily talking about how she treated him.  Watch HIM in all those scenes.  Try to tune out his steamrolling battleax wife.  He looks so timid and afraid and embarrassed of what's going to come out of her mouth.  Maybe that's just his nature. He tried to step in and diffuse the situation but she shut that shit down.  Can't help it - I feel bad for the guy.  Why does she feel the need to go down that road with him over the likes of Amanda or Aviva?

I see finger wagging, and/or pointing. LOL

Heather1.png?resize=572%2C378

Heather is vile.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-6/episode-605/videos?clip=2771438

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3
(edited)

Eh. I thnk that folks see what they see based on their thoughts about the person they're discussing. The finger point is when she turned from dealing with Amanda. She was already pointing at the woman when she turned to tell Jonathan to stay out of it. Screen grabbing it at that moment tries to construct a different tale. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4

Yes, it was "Lu's house and Lu's rules" which means no one other than Lu should attempt to eject anyone from the property (and Lu *didn't* tell anyone to leave).. . Heather was only trying to tell Amanda that she shouldn't insert herself into the dispute between Carole and Aviva? Huh? If we're talking about retconning, that's it, in my opinion. The entire conflict erupted because Heather herself couldn't wait to enter the disagreement between Carole and Heather. Sonja calls Carole over, at which point everyone not on the terrace files in. Heather perches herself directly across from Aviva. Sonja tells Carole that she's "gotten to the bottom" of "BookGate" and tries to facilitate conversation with Carole and Aviva, at which point Heather starts to upbraid Aviva. Aviva responds and the two jabber back and forth for a stretch of time until Lu attempts to control the dialogue. When that doesn't work, Lu leaves, and Heather and Aviva continue their sparring until Aviva and Carole begin directly addressing each other. Then Amanda begins arguing with Heather after Heather once again tries to dress down Aviva. So . . . if third parties shouldn't insert themselves into discussions that don't directly involve them, what was Heather doing when she was taking Aviva to task prior to Amanda's entrance into the melee (not to mention, what was Heather doing when she was wagging her finger at Aviva telling her to "be careful" and trying to lecture all of the women on Aviva's evilness why Aviva and Carole were going DEFCON on each other upstairs at the housewarming)? No one is contending that Amanda was a "wallflower" but the fact remains that she walked in the opposite direction of Heather and Heather literally chased after her because she couldn't or didn't want to disengage.

(edited)

Yeah, no. Amanda didn't just walk away. She was trying to be slick with the "I'm going to deck her" comment while walking. She gets no passes from me for that. Not a one. 

And again, Amanda was making her peanut gallery remarks, to which Heather asks her, "Why do you keep saying these things?" This wasn't the first time the women were noticing that this interloper was making some pretty snide comments about some of the other women. On that vernadah, there was a lot of crosstalk for sure with all of the women, and Aviva tried to claim that Heather had threatened her when Heather told her to be careful about what she says about someone else's career. Aviva tried to play it as though Heather were physically threatening her, twisting it to some ridiculous proportions, which is patent BS. Even with that patent BS that Aviva was trying to spin, it wasn't out of control (a lot of crosstalk, like I said)...until Amanda's "deck her" comment. Like, with that, she escalated that shit. It's game over at that point.

You can't say something like and think it's all cute and funny. At the end of the day, Amanda was never seen from again--fired midseason by not showing any solo scenes she might have filmed, and Aviva is a goner. So, I consider those wins for Heather. :)

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 1

Also, the quote is, "Excuse me, Jon, get out of this right now," per what I could make out from the audio. No, "please, honey, this is my fight," or, "please stay out of this." She also does not begin pointing until she turns to Jon. When she's addressing Amanda, she has both hands up, palms flat and out. Jon also looks extremely displeased when she tells him to "get out of this right now." I don't know if she was drunk and/or Jon feared the possibility of her putting her hands on anyone and consequently catching a lawsuit or what, but the entire evening is replete with her pursuing women who are walking away from her (and if that's not an effort to disentangle oneself from a fight, I don't know what is). She rushes after Aviva on multiple instances and the "don't tell me nuttin' mothefucker" yelling transpires when Aviva is literally standing silent. Then, after she's screamed at Amanda at length and is running after his wife, she asks Reid "don't shout at me" when he has the temerity to start getting animated.

• Love 3

Yes, it was "Lu's house and Lu's rules" which means no one other than Lu should attempt to eject anyone from the property (and Lu *didn't* tell anyone to leave).. . Heather was only trying to tell Amanda that she shouldn't insert herself into the dispute between Carole and Aviva? Huh? If we're talking about retconning, that's it, in my opinion. The entire conflict erupted because Heather herself couldn't wait to enter the disagreement between Carole and Heather. Sonja calls Carole over, at which point everyone not on the terrace files in. Heather perches herself directly across from Aviva. Sonja tells Carole that she's "gotten to the bottom" of "BookGate" and tries to facilitate conversation with Carole and Aviva, at which point Heather starts to upbraid Aviva. Aviva responds and the two jabber back and forth for a stretch of time until Lu attempts to control the dialogue. When that doesn't work, Lu leaves, and Heather and Aviva continue their sparring until Aviva and Carole begin directly addressing each other. Then Amanda begins arguing with Heather after Heather once again tries to dress down Aviva. So . . . if third parties shouldn't insert themselves into discussions that don't directly involve them, what was Heather doing when she was taking Aviva to task prior to Amanda's entrance into the melee (not to mention, what was Heather doing when she was wagging her finger at Aviva telling her to "be careful" and trying to lecture all of the women on Aviva's evilness why Aviva and Carole were going DEFCON on each other upstairs at the housewarming)? No one is contending that Amanda was a "wallflower" but the fact remains that she walked in the opposite direction of Heather and Heather literally chased after her because she couldn't or didn't want to disengage.

I guess it is more interesting than anything else that this particular scene is discussed in such length. I know to some it was pivotal, but it never got more than a mention after it happened. IMO it appeared that Amanda, Sonja and Heather were all drunk.  The main thing is that none of the characters involved who were there seemed to hold onto any grief or disappointment about it. Most times when this gets mentioned it is discussed how horrible for it to have all gone down at Lu's house. Again, Lu didn't give two shits. Most of the characters involved didn't really give two shits after it was over. Carole seemed fine with Heather "inserting" herself on her behalf, and it didn't appear that Sonja was suffering any trauma with regard to having to witness such a scene. The only people who were really bothered were Aviva and Amanda, and since by then it was clear they were horrible people, no one - including Lu - particularly cared that they were bothered.  Only a few weeks after this Jonathan and Heather had that awesome Anniversary Party, so my guess is he was able to get through whatever hurt or trauma this might have caused him.  Right after this Aviva and Heather sat down and called a truce of a sort, and thankfully I don't think we ever had to see Amanda again.  Did I mention she was horrible? I read at the time that she was so horrible that all of the girls said they would have nothing to do with her in the future. This was just a ROL deal, so who knows how much truth is there, but it was interesting that at first she was always around, and then she was just gone girl. 

• Love 1