Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

Are Kristen and Carole the only two housewives who are on good terms with Heather? This sucks for Heather because while she can abrasive, she is a very very good friend. 

Like everyone, she has unfavorable traits, but I feel her good ones outweigh her bad ones.

I should wait to see what happens for Dorinda to be going at her on twitter but right now, it seems like peer pressure to me. She is friendly with Bethenny is against Heather to please her or something. 

Dorinda has been tweeting Heather, nice things the past few days. Sometimes I think they tweet their thoughts/feelings that they had during filming when each episode airs then go back to being OK with whomever. JMO

• Love 1

Dorinda has been tweeting Heather, nice things the past few days. Sometimes I think they tweet their thoughts/feelings that they had during filming when each episode airs then go back to being OK with whomever. JMO

Yes, I think in particular this is true about Dorinda. She live tweets during each episode and gives her opinions about pretty much everything that is going on. This means that she is hard on Heather because clearly she doesn't agree with a lot of what is going on, but I still think they are friends.

• Love 1

Heather on Bethenny's talk show.  This is just a segment.  I can't find the whole thing.  Out of all the episodes I saw, this is the only one that the guest outtalks Bethenny.  They were doomed before Bethenny's return to RHONY was even a twinkle in Andy's eye.  Imho, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_TQnTN_N8

I think they were fine with each other but you are right, Bethenny did not talk over Heather but I don't think she tried to either. Both come off as confident and as equals and maybe that is something Bethenny dislikes, the notion that they are equal powerhouses. It is possible that Bethenny resents/dislikes Heather because of Heather's confidence, something I have seen Bethenny struggle with herself at times but I saw no discord or discomfort between them and the rest of the interview was pretty much the same to my recollection. JMO

• Love 2

This is nice to read. Dorinda doesn't strike me as a follow the crowd kind of woman so I was a little puzzled. From the last few posts before my reply, I got the impression that Dorinda's tweets to/about Heather were positive but took a turn for the negative for no reason. I also didn't realize she has been nicer to her lately. 

"I'm going to go put my skully on so that bitch knows who she's fucking with!"

Ooh, Mama, I'd be afraid (after I contained my hysterical laughter, that is), but only of being seen anywhere near you sporting a skully.  I am a bit embarrassed for Heather.

• Love 4

This is nice to read. Dorinda doesn't strike me as a follow the crowd kind of woman so I was a little puzzled. From the last few posts before my reply, I got the impression that Dorinda's tweets to/about Heather were positive but took a turn for the negative for no reason. I also didn't realize she has been nicer to her lately. 

I think Dorinda is a "follow the rules" type of HW. IMO, she will stick to the storyline as much as possible in her tweets and in her bogs, most newbe's do. LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

Heather on Bethenny's talk show.  This is just a segment.  I can't find the whole thing.  Out of all the episodes I saw, this is the only one that the guest outtalks Bethenny.  They were doomed before Bethenny's return to RHONY was even a twinkle in Andy's eye.  Imho, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_TQnTN_N8

Thanks for letting me know you posted this -- another segment here -- who knew she went on the show to showcase her morals and values? FINE FORUM YA PICKED FOR THAT, HEATHER.

Lord, but she's a precious little perfect missy sometimes. I can't imagine having her for a mother -- she'd be such a drag -- morally heavy-handed, belabored & prissy-assed about "Did we make good choices today?" and "Is that cookie right before dinner a good choice, or a bad choice?" and "The new nanny told me you made a choice to play video games when we both know I said not until the weekend" - - one day of that and I'd be screaming,  "JUST PUT THE SKULLY ON AND PUNISH ME, MAMA!"

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
(edited)

I mean, but would Heather really be an anomaly with that kind of parenting? I'm no longer a teacher (I've been out of the classroom for four and a half years), but over the course of nine years, I taught in two elementary schools. I often witnessed the above spoofed dynamics between parents and their young children. Let me tell you--Heather Thomson, if she were the kind of mother who asks her five year old whether doing something is an appropriate choice, would not be alone. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3

I mean, but would Heather really be an anomaly with that kind of parenting? I'm no longer a teacher (I've been out of the classroom for four and a half years), but over the course of nine years, I taught in two elementary schools. I often witnessed the above spoofed dynamics between parents and their young children. Let me tell you--Heather Thomson, if she were the kind of mother who asks her five year old whether doing something is an appropriate choice, would not be alone. 

Is it now considered bad parenting to teach children to think about what they do, about the choices they make? Isn't that our job as parents, to teach them about choices and how to make the right/best choice for them?

• Love 3

Is it now considered bad parenting to teach children to think about what they do, about the choices they make? Isn't that our job as parents, to teach them about choices and how to make the right/best choice for them?

The thing is that Heather is never going to do the right thing for a lot of people. Never. If she is yelling "mother-fucker" she is a thug. If she is doing the complete opposite she is clearly a nightmare as a mother and how unfortunate for her poor kids to have to call her mommy. Because they could have done so much better in the mommy department, apparently. 

I mock it and yet I also totally get it.  I am never going to like a lot of people. People like Vicki on the OC show. Or Brandi. Or Rick Santorum. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Can we talk about what's really important in the Heather & Bethenny talk show clips? I am pretty sure Bethenny is wearing the dress that Ramona stole. It looks good on B. Fucking Ramona.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 7

Can we talk about what's really important in the Heather & Bethenny talk show clips? I am pretty sure Bethenny is wearing the dress that Ramona stole. It looks good on B. Fucking Ramona.

It is the same dress! Beth said so on Twitter. How ironic is that? 

I think that Ramona has a great body so I don't mean to shame her at all, but was anyone else surprised that Ramona could fit into Beth's dress? Ramona said it was a size 0. 

• Love 3

In theory I generally like Heather, but in reality she annoys me sometimes. She seems like a great friend, great mother and a great businesswoman, but when she gets preachy and bossy she irks me. I think this season they have made a point to address this behaviour, but in past seasons you could see she could be very overbearing. 

She's like a young version of Dorothy from Golden Girls, sans the charm, hilariousness & Sophia. 

• Love 8

Well, I'll be....you're right!  Bethenny's show was a stinker but most of her clothes looked so good on her.  They look good on Ramona, too. LOL  And the flare of the skirt hide Moaner's incredibly large balls.

ramona-singer-stolen-dress-bethenny-fran

• Love 9

Ohhhh. is that the dress that "fell out of the trunk"? Ramona can't even come up with a believable story. 

According to Beth, we will hear more about this before the end of the season. Ramona had an explanation about it in her blog, but I cannot wait to watch her eyes start to do that weird thing when she tries to defend herself to Beth. At the taping for the Season Finale, you see Beth and Ramona arguing in the front row (at Sonja's fashion show). I wonder if that is what they argue about. 

• Love 2
(edited)

In theory I generally like Heather, but in reality she annoys me sometimes. She seems like a great friend, great mother and a great businesswoman, but when she gets preachy and bossy she irks me. I think this season they have made a point to address this behaviour, but in past seasons you could see she could be very overbearing. 

This is how I feel, too.  Her preachiness/bossiness may come off as confidence to some, to me it's pure arrogance. I appreciate that she has an air of confidence and she can be well spoken, when she's not rambling.  But there's this thing called humility.

I've always thought she was overbearing, but when she made fun of Aviva losing her leg - while she was training for the mud run - that sealed my dislike of Heather.  She and Kristen both did it.  Both of them with special needs kids laughing like idiots over a woman who lost her leg when she was six.  Holla, Heartless.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 11

Thanks for letting me know you posted this -- another segment here -- who knew she went on the show to showcase her morals and values? FINE FORUM YA PICKED FOR THAT, HEATHER.

Lord, but she's a precious little perfect missy sometimes. I can't imagine having her for a mother -- she'd be such a drag -- morally heavy-handed, belabored & prissy-assed about "Did we make good choices today?" and "Is that cookie right before dinner a good choice, or a bad choice?" and "The new nanny told me you made a choice to play video games when we both know I said not until the weekend" - - one day of that and I'd be screaming,  "JUST PUT THE SKULLY ON AND PUNISH ME, MAMA!"

Hmm I read this post as snarking on a HW on a snarking website, not an actual criticism of Heather's parenting skills. And I loved it, thought it was so funny it made me laugh out loud. 

• Love 7

Now I'm confused about the dress.  Didn't Beth and Ramona say that Ramona spilled something on her own dress and needed to borrow one for the interview?  Well, in the interview, Ramona is wearing a white dress.  If she spilled something AFTER the show and needed to borrow a dress to go home in, how did it fall out of the car?

ETA picture:  Not a white dress.  White top.

bethenny-ramona.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)

Hmm I read this post as snarking on a HW on a snarking website, not an actual criticism of Heather's parenting skills. And I loved it, thought it was so funny it made me laugh out loud. 

So glad it cracked you up, Jel -- holla, your laughter was a good choice!:)  --  if we can't make jokes about skully caps and "new" nannies without it being treated as a moral affront, not sure what the site is about, anymore.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

I gotta be straight up Filmnoire, I am always so unsure of the etiquette in these "Holla" situations. Am I supposed to holla back or tell you you can't say nuthin' about nuthin' motherfucker? Or is it grab you by the arm and force you to eat a leftover meatball?  

• Love 7
(edited)

A follower tweeted Heather:

I don’t think I’ve ever been more annoyed by someone on the Housewives series than I am with @iamheathert. She does too damn much. #RHONY
0 retweets 5 favorites
Reply  Retweet  Favorite5

Heather replied:

Heather Thomson ‏@iamHeatherT  Jun 4
@krissybri hope it turns around for you right now I don't like myself much either

Heather would drive me nuts if she kept trying to rescue me.  I just do not think she has bad intentions, just stupid actions/reactions.

Of course, most of the time, the world judges us on our actions, not our intentions.

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 7
(edited)

I gotta be straight up Filmnoire, I am always so unsure of the etiquette in these "Holla" situations. 

I know!  Sometimes I feel lost in an Austen novel, the social rules are so obscure! Let me consult the Blue Book of

Bitchiquette....okay, here it is -- you are supposed to frantically badger me into saying “Holla”, and then lob the meatball

into my mouth at the exact moment my mouth is open wide on the last vowel —damn, that’s a hard one, Jel. All I have

to do is talk about “the wall” and cry (p.s. I’m thinking about miming the wall during our meatball moment – 43 seconds

in -- you like? Giant white gloves too much? Maybe if they're elbow length...)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3

I gotta be straight up Filmnoire, I am always so unsure of the etiquette in these "Holla" situations. Am I supposed to holla back or tell you you can't say nuthin' about nuthin' motherfucker? Or is it grab you by the arm and force you to eat a leftover meatball?  

I *think* you're supposed to Hollaback.  But only if you've been a fashion designer for over 20 years and Holla, to you, is a "form of positive reinforcement" and "a real positive call out".  Or some other B.S.  Shrug. What does that have to do with being in the fashion industry?  Watch Beth's face when Heather is explaining what Holla means. It was something between, "Is this chick for real?" and...

giphy.gif

• Love 5

Okay, let me see if I understand everything here. When Dorinda offers commentary that's unflattering to Heather on social media about events and conflicts to which she was not a direct party, she's buckling to peer pressure and groupthink. But when Heather howls expletives in-person at others regarding disputes to which she wasn't a direct party, she's a "good friend." When Heather laughs about a foe's loss of limb, it's demonstrative of a big heart and solid values. But you better not call anyone who's shown a propensity for sloppy substance abuse an "alcoholic"! And when someone asks Heather, "what are you, her lover?" after she tramples over her husband to involve herself in a fight that didn't concern her, what that opponent really means is a homophobic, "what are you, gay or something?"/ When someone sends up Heather's coopting of urban vernacular slang or reminds her that she doesn't hail from the culture in which that patois is prevalent, they're racist and elitist. But when Heather talks about breaking out the scully cap - a clothing item stereotypically associated with hard knocks and 'the street' - it's all good . . .

• Love 9

Yeah, it wasn't lost on me which is exactly why I wrote "spoofed dynamic" in my post. 

• Love 1

Lunastartron if I could borrow your amazing memory for a second please:  When Heather excludes a HW from a group event because she doesn't know her well/doesn't particularly like her, that's ... ?  (I forget the reason she gave)

• Love 2

Okay, let me see if I understand everything here. When Dorinda offers commentary that's unflattering to Heather on social media about events and conflicts to which she was not a direct party, she's buckling to peer pressure and groupthink. But when Heather howls expletives in-person at others regarding disputes to which she wasn't a direct party, she's a "good friend." When Heather laughs about a foe's loss of limb, it's demonstrative of a big heart and solid values. But you better not call anyone who's shown a propensity for sloppy substance abuse an "alcoholic"! And when someone asks Heather, "what are you, her lover?" after she tramples over her husband to involve herself in a fight that didn't concern her, what that opponent really means is a homophobic, "what are you, gay or something?"/ When someone sends up Heather's coopting of urban vernacular slang or reminds her that she doesn't hail from the culture in which that patois is prevalent, they're racist and elitist. But when Heather talks about breaking out the scully cap - a clothing item stereotypically associated with hard knocks and 'the street' - it's all good . . .

I will confess I didn't understand most of this, but did someone on here say that when Heather was "mocking" Aviva's lost leg that her doing so was an example of what a big heart she has? I had no problem with her mocking the lost leg if she did that (I honestly don't remember it) but don't think that would be the example I would use to explain why I think she has solid values. Are a lot of people doing that?

Also, people always talk about needing to remind Heather that she doesn't come from the culture that she seems to love to reference. Has she said that she did, outside of involvement through her work? I could have sworn she mentioned something about being from the Berkshire's, but I might have heard wrong.

• Love 2

She trampled over her husband???? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I *think* you're supposed to Hollaback.  But only if you've been a fashion designer for over 20 years and Holla, to you, is a "form of positive reinforcement" and "a real positive call out".  Or some other B.S.  Shrug. What does that have to do with being in the fashion industry?

I feel like such a fashion rube. Who knew Anna Wintour started the editorial meetings at Vogue with a "Holla!"  (or "Hulla!" when said with a British accent). Although I can absolutely imagine that tagword coming from Michael Kors ("Oh, honey, that dress makes you look like you crawled out of the "Grapes of Wrath" -- crossed with Endora from "Bewitched" --  with the color palette of a toddler's Halloween candy vomit. It's a real sad holla.") 

eta because palate is for meatballs!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

Okay, let me see if I understand everything here.

I think you've got it, Luna.  You forgot the one where if Heather upsets someone, no apology is necessary.  But if Heather is upset, she will graciously accept your apology.  Because she's so gracious and forgiving.

I'm thinking about the Montana situation with Kristen when Kristen apologized and Heather should have.  But now, I realize I can't remember if Sonja apologized to her over the toaster oven deal.

• Love 6

If I had the time--no, that's a lie; if I had the interest--I'd go back and re-watch all of season five so I could have every scene fresh in my memory. But to answer your question, breezy, my recollection is that Heather did not, in fact, trample over her husband. *grin*

• Love 5

I know!  Sometimes I feel lost in an Austen novel, the social rules are so obscure! Let me consult the Blue Book of

Bitchiquette....okay, here it is -- you are supposed to frantically badger me into saying “Holla”, and then lob the meatball

into my mouth at the exact moment my mouth is open wide on the last vowel —damn, that’s a hard one, Jel. All I have

to do is talk about “the wall” and cry (p.s. I’m thinking about miming the wall during our meatball moment – 43 seconds

in -- you like? Giant white gloves too much? Maybe if they're elbow length...)

Like it?!  Love it! But def the elbow length gloves. Mos def.

• Love 1

It was a verbal trample, imo.  I'd totally watch all of last season again.  If there was a way, I'd get it on Hulu and put it up here so we could all watch it together and engage in more civil discourse. Any techies know if this could be done?  I'd spring for the subscription.

• Love 2
(edited)

Lunastartron if I could borrow your amazing memory for a second please: When Heather excludes a HW from a group event because she doesn't know her well/doesn't particularly like her, that's ... ? (I forget the reason she gave)

That's her not inviting someone that she thinks is a bitch/motherfucker to go on vacation with her.

ETA: this is the reason that I will always love Heather. She could yell motherfucker in my face all day long, and she will have my eternal love for the way she just handled Ramona in her first season. The way as a nervous newbie she refused to back down and just accept the way Ramona was treating her. No one has ever had Ramona's number like that. It was all kinds of awesome to me.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

It was a verbal trample, imo.  

I agree. I've snapped at my husband (and he at me) but it's bickering between equals, and our reactions come from a knowledge of years of marriage (he knows when I say "red zone film noire" it means don't poke and push right now, I'm not on top of my emotions, I don't want to say something I'll regret, etc). But the thing that came off Heather ( that I found offensive)  was a deeply dismissive attitude; like her husband was a personal assistant who had presumed a familiarity that would need to be corrected down the road. Not a clenched jaw "Sweetie, you know how I get, please give me a moment"  -- just an order barked from a superior - very ugly, imo.

• Love 6

Re: the clip of Bethenny's talk show when Heather was a guest. (Thanks to the poster that found it !)....

....when Bethenny asked her about the "holla" thing, if you watch Bethenny's face closely, I strongly suspect she thought it was hokey and she was pinching back an eyeroll. 

• Love 4

Anna Wintour is straight gangsta, y'all. (Wait, was that racist since I'm not Heather?) "Straight Outta Belgravia." The Wu Tang to Heather's Bad Boy Entertainment . . . And thanks, Jel, can't believe I didn't include the very important etiquette about intentionally excluding colleagues from group ventures (not to be confused with the etiquette pertaining to telling a co-worker that, if they're lucky, you'll be inviting them to the party you're throwing and then reneging on the proto-invitation).

• Love 5
(edited)

I like Heather's hair. It's very shiny and healthy looking with the honey color with subtle sunkissed highlights. Often looks like Jennifer Anniston's hair color. 

I 'll give her that.

But dang...she often dresses odd or shows poor CHOICES for her figure and for appearing on TV and being a "fashion mogul".

What was that awful frock she wore at the birthday party with the defined waist and full skirt. A leftover from Little House on the Prairie? 

There were a couple of really bad numbers last season too. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

Maybe in the upstate-by-provenance-but-'hood-by-elocution culture hissing "get out of this right now" at the husband who's trying to calm you down then wagging your finger at him and continuing to chase after the woman from whom said husband was trying to separate you *is* how one communicates respectfully to their spouse . . .

• Love 7

Actually, come to think of it, I think one specific phrase needs to be implemented with a lot more frequency on these boards since it's an expression of well-meaning helpfulness, benevolent intentions, and being a good friend. So, Bossa Nova, I say: "I can tell you whatever the fuck I want to tell you!" (instead of, you know, "thanks" or something)

• Love 5
I will confess I didn't understand most of this...

Heh, I didn't all the other previous times, neither.

I like Heather's hair.

Me, too. She's had a miss or two, but for the most part her hair is usually on point. My fave look is when she has it loose and natural, like in the park scene with Kristen and Carole last season. Umph.

• Love 2
(edited)

giphy.gif

Great gif, ryebread! 

I feel like this during Bethy's breakdown/crying sessions.

And when Heather starts trying to rescue Bethy.

A two-fer!  ;

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 3

If I had the time--no, that's a lie; if I had the interest--I'd go back and re-watch all of season five so I could have every scene fresh in my memory. But to answer your question, breezy, my recollection is that Heather did not, in fact, trample over her husband. *grin*

Thank you! (grin)

• Love 4

Curiosity stays getting me, so I ventured into Dorinda's thread to see if all this critique about Heather saying "Holla!" and it being the worst form of cultural appropriation (evah!) this side of Iggy Azalea had somehow manifested itself into outrage over Dorinda assuming that a well-dressed Black man in a nice restaurant was the coat check employee.

It hadn't (and hasn't).

• Love 5

What was that awful frock she wore at the birthday party with the defined waist and full skirt. A leftover from Little House on the Prairie? 

I cannot lie.  I liked that dress. 

Heather really likes that silhouette.  We've seen her wear it to Carole's 50th, Lu's fashion show/luncheon, (both times in white) and to the reunion in pink.  Very proper, buttoned up, fit and flare. Very Mrs. Cleaver. Very Sandra Dee goes to the sock hop.  Which is interesting considering that Heather is about as far from a 50's housewife or a virginal teen queen as can be.  I think she might be putting her considerable marketing skills to work here to subliminally soften her edges in our minds.  How's that for a conspiracy theory?

• Love 3

Like it?!  Love it! But def the elbow length gloves. Mos def.

Just remember to remove the fucking gloves when you sit down at the fucking dinner table. Luann left her fucking gloves on and it was a total fucking faux pas.

I am surprised Heather didn't snatch them the fuck off her hands.

• Love 5

Curiosity stays getting me, so I ventured into Dorinda's thread to see if all this critique about Heather saying "Holla!" and it being the worst form of cultural appropriation (evah!) this side of Iggy Azalea had somehow manifested itself into outrage over Dorinda assuming that a well-dressed Black man in a nice restaurant was the coat check employee.

It hadn't (and hasn't).

Check the first 6 or 7 pages of the S7 E3 thread.  Plenty of outrage, there.

• Love 3