Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

Wouldn't it be more like this ( . ) , showing the curve of the butt cheeks? LOL Oh Lord, what you have started, Thank Heavens I am not someone that cares about logos or I will picture that every time I order another YT piece ! LOL

Could be....maybe this is more accurate ) : (

Still. It's the first thing I saw. I will admit that it might be me.

I think every event had Skinny Girl something.  Even Kristen's event the gift bags were Skinny Girl crapola.  The booze was supplied by different vendors through the charity.

I would like to let Bravo know-now is the time to stop the infomercialesque  path  these shows have taken.  At some point in time it becomes about the product and not the women.  These women get paid a salary and that should be enough.  I can understand a charity function but no more SG in every frame.

It really is a terrible logo.

I was thinking I didn't really want to sport a belly-button logo. I saw the torso but now I see maxi-pad!

Does it appear on the upper left chest like most? Is it even on the garments?

But good for her winning the three-panel Spanx lawsuit. That had to take tenacity.

ETA not lookin' at thighs, not lookin'...

Heather did not win the lawsuit. She is precluded from bringing the issue again (dismissed WITH prejudice) vs. Spanx (dismissal WITHOUT prejudice)  Heather basically got sent packing.  Spanx had stopped producing the product before the patent infringement suit was filed.  In the words of the Spanx attorneys Spanx had been making tank tops since before Yummie Tummie was in business.  Heather was trying to go back and get millions of dollars off of tank tops Spanx had sold.  http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2015/02/05/yummie-tummie-vs-spanx-lawsuit-settled/  A little warning if you start clicking on the links you can invite 100 of pages of court filings into your life.  The story in chief does a pretty good job of explaining i.

Heather's personal letter to Sara Blakely was incredibly condescending.  Heather wanted people to #ShameonyouSpanx, it was fairly unconscionable and low brow.  Heather took her RHONYC fame a little too serious IMO and it did not fly.

Heather played up the lawsuit on the show when she stopped by Carole's one night for a beer after and mentioned the lawsuit.  Bravo apparently did not go along with Heather's desire to try the matter in the press.

Many companies like Spanx do not chase product infringement because they sell so much product that it only gives the copy cats a little publicity.  In reality it is a frigging tank top and there are only so many areas of the tank top that can provide support. http://www.spanx.com/shop/spanx/camis/cat-38-catid-tn_spx_cami  So Spanx is still in he cami/tank top business.

I'm just saying, if I was going to emoticon a butthole, I'd do it like this ) . (

Oh my I truly laughed out loud. 

For the sake of brevity I misspoke regarding winning the suit.

I apologize.

WireWrap pointed that very thing out to me just upthread. I don't know what got into me.

Edited punctuation.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

A few of you raised an interesting point.  I think the Skinny Girl products stick out because they're so visible.  Even when Bethenny isn't talking about SG, if she's hosting an event (like the cupcake decorating) her drinks are there as are items with her logo.   If we went back and analyzed exactly how many minutes were devoted to each HW and their products, I do think Bethenny would come out ahead but maybe not by as much as we think.   Bethenny's Skinny Girl party was a short segment at the end of the London episode.   Kristen's jean decorating party and charity event were longer and both highlighted Heather's YT jeans.   LuAnn had her photoshoot and fashion show as did Sonja. We also had several Sonja & Company meetings and only one SG Brand Summit.   And God knows every other word out of Ramona's mouth is about her wine.

ETA:  Oops! I forgot Bethenny's brunch.  That was a SG event too.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I think that branding is an old design. It has to be. It seems from what I've searched out they learned their lesson from that--thing--with the dot in the middle.

If you look at the yummie tummie IG page, the account avi is simply text: yummie by heather thomson. From the brand website, it points to all its social media presence and the Facebook and Twitter avis are just the text too.

I actually bought the high waisted shorts today from DSW. I'm not home, but when I get home I'll check the packaging to be certain.

ETA: It just dawned on me that this is my first HW purchase!

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6

I forgot Kristen's charity YT participation. That was a big deal! But it's a shame that we didn't get to see any of the jeans worn. (did we?) We saw really tacky beadazzling. And we saw racks of them. And when they (any yummietummie) were worn on camera I couldn't tell.

Obviously Bethy's product is much more easily placed.

No matter the logo.

Damn.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 3

I think that branding is an old design. It has to be. It seems from what I've searched out they learned their lesson from that--thing--with the dot in the middle.

If you look at the yummie tummie IG page, the account avi is simply text: yummie by heather thomson. From the brand website, it points to all its social media presence and the Facebook and Twitter avis are just the text too.

I actually bought the high waisted shorts today from DSW. I'm not home, but when I get home I'll check the packaging to be certain.

I think you're right.

She's not even calling the entire line Yummie Tummie.  She uses it only for the tank shapewear.  Everything else just says Yummie.

Yummie_zpsbmuu36lg.jpg

Yummie%20Tummie_zpsaygxkitp.jpg

• Love 2

The logo inside my boot cut leggings is nothing more than "YUMMIE by Heather Thomson" and no ) . ( design at all. It also does not include the word Tummy and I bought them before she joined the show! My tanks and boy short panties are the same way and I got them a few weeks ago. So it appears she changed her logo. LOL

I forgot Kristen's charity YT participation. That was a big deal! But it's a shame that we didn't get to see any of the jeans worn. (did we?) We saw really tacky beadazzling. And we saw racks of them. And when they (any yummietummie) were worn on camera I couldn't tell.

Obviously Bethy's product is much more easily placed.

No matter the logo.

Damn.

Ramona and Kristen wore the jeans, to the decorating party and the event, respectively. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

The logo inside my boot cut leggings is nothing more than "YUMMIE by Heather Thomson" and no ) . ( design at all. It also does not include the word Tummy and I bought them before she joined the show! My tanks and boy short panties are the same way and I got them a few weeks ago. So it appears she changed her logo. LOL

Your tanks don't say Yummie Tummie either?   She uses that phrase only to describe her tanks.  You're right she must have changed the logo to the one with just text.  IMHO it's way better than that graphic.  I did think the graphic represented a woman's curves but the square navel was odd.

• Love 2

Ramona and Kristen wore the jeans, to the decorating part and the event, respectively.

Kristen did wear her jeans but they were under a dress and not really noticeable, Romana on the other hand wore a jean dress, not YT jeans. Dorinda wore white jeans but I don't think they were YT, at least she never said they were, at the charity event. I don't recall what they were wearing at Kristen's bedazzle party.

Your tanks don't say Yummie Tummie either?   She uses that phrase only to describe her tanks.  You're right she must have changed the logo to the one with just text.  IMHO it's way better than that graphic.  I did think the graphic represented a woman's curves but the square navel was odd.

No, none of them have that logo including the 3 panel 1 I got last week. LOL

The condescending letter that Heather wrote Sara Blakely of Spanx has the butthole logo. So, I think it's still around.

Yes, I'm calling it that.

I believe that letter was sent in 2013, 2 years ago so it is possible that she did change it as non of the items I own from her line say Yummy Tummy or that logo itself. Even the leggings that I got before she joined that show do not have that logo or name in them, just "YUMMY by Heather Thompson".

• Love 1

A few of you raised an interesting point.  I think the Skinny Girl products stick out because they're so visible.  Even when Bethenny isn't talking about SG, if she's hosting an event (like the cupcake decorating) her drinks are there as are items with her logo.   If we went back and analyzed exactly how many minutes were devoted to each HW and their products, I do think Bethenny would come out ahead but maybe not by as much as we think.   Bethenny's Skinny Girl party was a short segment at the end of the London episode.   Kristen's jean decorating party and charity event were longer and both highlighted Heather's YT jeans.   LuAnn had her photoshoot and fashion show as did Sonja. We also had several Sonja & Company meetings and only one SG Brand Summit.   And God knows every other word out of Ramona's mouth is about her wine.

ETA:  Oops! I forgot Bethenny's brunch.  That was a SG event too.

Well it was kind of funny when Ramona produced wine glasses and wine during the cup cake event and bethenny said-who has wine and glasses in their purse and then whipped out a bottle of Skinny Girl swill and SG glasses.  Bethenny also insults others like products.  She called Ramona's wine doucho grigio.  She made a crack about Heather being in an oversaturated market-one she failed in.

• Love 6

Wouldn't it be more like this ( . ) , showing the curve of the butt cheeks? LOL Oh Lord, what you have started, Thank Heavens I am not someone that cares about logos or I will picture that every time I order another YT piece ! LOL

That is One Boob. Which is different than Kelly boobs.....

(. ) ( ')

• Love 2

I just wish there was a store in my area where I could actually try on a pair of her jeans.  Unfortunately, Nordstrom and Lord and Taylor doesn't sell them and the closest Bloomingdales is a good hour drive.  Day trip?

Heather did not win the lawsuit. She is precluded from bringing the issue again (dismissed WITH prejudice) vs. Spanx (dismissal WITHOUT prejudice) Heather basically got sent packing. Spanx had stopped producing the product before the patent infringement suit was filed. In the words of the Spanx attorneys Spanx had been making tank tops since before Yummie Tummie was in business. Heather was trying to go back and get millions of dollars off of tank tops Spanx had sold.

Yeah. She lost the lawsuit but so did Spanx. It was settled.

And imho Heather did win a battle, no matter how anyone chooses to diminish the 3-panel tank's effectiveness.

The rest of that stuff? I really don't care.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

I just wish there was a store in my area where I could actually try on a pair of her jeans.  Unfortunately, Nordstrom and Lord and Taylor doesn't sell them and the closest Bloomingdales is a good hour drive.  Day trip?

I can't imagine high quality stores like Nordstrom and Lord and Taylor wanting to be connected with a Bravo housewife.....just my humble opinion.

I can't imagine high quality stores like Nordstrom and Lord and Taylor wanting to be connected with a Bravo housewife.....just my humble opinion.

Nordstrom sells Heather's products. I was legitimately looking for her products this week because of a function I had to attend last night. I searched the Nordstrom site looking for which store closest to me would have the high-waisted brief, and each store I checked via the online for store pick up option canceled my order because the associates couldn't find the product in the store. It was only by chance (and a last ditch effort) that I found the high-waisted short in DSW.

Heather's been in this game well before she signed on to do this show since her product isn't really a HW product per se (though it is the first time I bought anything a HW produces).

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6

Nordstrom sells Heather's products. I was legitimately looking for her products this week because of a function I had to attend last night. I searched the Nordstrom site looking for which store closest to me would have the high-waisted brief, and each store I checked via the online for store pick up option canceled my order because the associates couldn't find the product in the store. It was only by chance (and a last ditch effort) that I found the high-waisted short in DSW.

Heather's been in this game well before she signed on to do this show since her product isn't really a HW product per se (though it is the first time I bought anything a HW produces).

The items I've bought were purchased through Zappos.  I order about 95% of everything I have through them (drives my husband nuts since he works in high-end retail).  If you are a VIP (which costs nothing) you get your order the next day, and everything ships free. If you are not a VIP, you get everything in 2 days. It is also free to ship everything back.  When I first bought a few YT pieces, I did what I often do, and ordered a couple of different sizes, since I knew I could easily send the one that didn't fit back. I also love it because they heavily encourage reviews, which is something I always look for, especially when I order on-line. 

• Love 7

Well, in spite of Heather's lesser inclusion in the "Name That Brand" RHONY environment, she has generated some heat here!

And thanks for the info. I don't have a Nordstrom nearby but I do have a DSW. Dillards stopped carrying her stuff. And I'm not a big online orderer but know Zappos is very highly regarded. Do they fit true to her size chart? That's a big part of my online ordering reluctance.

The bra LuLu had on inT&C looks really comfy and the jeans! I'm going have to take another peek at them in their episodes.

Well, in spite of Heather's lesser inclusion in the "Name That Brand" RHONY environment, she has generated some heat here!

And thanks for the info. I don't have a Nordstrom nearby but I do have a DSW. Dillards stopped carrying her stuff. And I'm not a big online orderer but know Zappos is very highly regarded. Do they fit true to her size chart? That's a big part of my online ordering reluctance.

The bra LuLu had on inT&C looks really comfy and the jeans! I'm going have to take another peek at them in their episodes.

You can check the reviews on her jeans on both her YT site and HSNs site, the reviews will normally let you know if there is a sizing problem.

• Love 1

I just got the Ava Plunge bra (which I think is the one Lu wore in T&C) and I absolutely LOVE it—so comfy.  Not a lot of support – more of a lounging bra which is what I wanted.  I got it from Amazon for $20.  About the sizing—many of the reviews claimed it ran small, so as a 36D I ordered the Large and it’s big, but I'm going to keep it.  I’m trying to remember what the Yummie size chart said on the tag and I think my size was right on the cusp of Med/Large.

• Love 2

You know who has the same creepy smile and weird shaped nose as Heather?  Giada DeLaurentiis.  Yet oddly, they look nothing alike.  Can someone post a picture of Giada smiling next to a pic of Heather smiling?  I don't know how to do that.

There's something about Heather that I just never understood.  Okay, so she's in fashion, right?  Yummie Tummie.  Why did she ever work for P Diddy?  He's music.  

There's something about Heather that I just never understood.  Okay, so she's in fashion, right?  Yummie Tummie.  Why did she ever work for P Diddy?  He's music.  

She probably worked with him for Sean John which is his fashion line.

• Love 5

You know who has the same creepy smile and weird shaped nose as Heather? Giada DeLaurentiis. Yet oddly, they look nothing alike. Can someone post a picture of Giada smiling next to a pic of Heather smiling? I don't know how to do that.

There's something about Heather that I just never understood. Okay, so she's in fashion, right? Yummie Tummie. Why did she ever work for P Diddy? He's music.

Diddy has a clothing line. He's had it for years. He started the Sean John clothing line in 1998 .

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

Diddy has a clothing line. He's had it for years. He started the Sean John clothing line in 1998 .

That's so weird because I just went to Macy's today and saw the Sean John section and was wondering who that was!  Lol.  Strange.

• Love 2

Eta: Lol, I don't know what just happened. My phone freaked out on me.

Anyway,Diddy has his hand in many things, clothes, spirts, Cologne ect. He is a lot like a realhousewife with all his products.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

After one of the Berkshire episodes, there was a discussion about Heather and her "scully" comment.  That plus her use of "Holla" made one of the HWs (Dorinda?) tell Heather that she wasn't born in the ghetto and we've commented about that too.   Just before Bravo aired the first segment of this year's reunion, they showed last year's.  I watched it because I didn't watch last season and thought it would help me put the S6 pieces together.  Anyway.......during last year's reunion, Heather said that she hailed from Copiague, New York.    For those of you who have no idea where that is, it's on Long Island (where I live).   While there are some nice sections in Copiague. most of it is not.   There is definitely a large "gangsta" population in Copiague.

I can't believe I forgot to post this last week.

• Love 2

Actually she's from Copake in upstate NY.  It's one of the reasons why she loves the area and Great Barrington.

Ha Ha!  And I thought I had news!

I should have checked her bio online before I opened up my big mouth.  In my defense, they sound alike.  LOL

• Love 1

Ok, I don't even know why I'm talking about Heather now after the season has ended.  Guess I've been busy, lol. BUT.....everyone makes fun of how Nene says Bridesmaids or Bridemaid....I don't even know.......BUT....when Dorinda got mad at Heather .....Heather said in her TH..."she pissed"..."she mad at me". Nooooo, it's SHE'S mad at me....SHE'S pissed.  Not she.  Am I wrong?

• Love 2

Ok, I don't even know why I'm talking about Heather now after the season has ended. Guess I've been busy, lol. BUT.....everyone makes fun of how Nene says Bridesmaids or Bridemaid....I don't even know.......BUT....when Dorinda got mad at Heather .....Heather said in her TH..."she pissed"..."she mad at me". Nooooo, it's SHE'S mad at me....SHE'S pissed. Not she. Am I wrong?

She was using a sometimes deliberately used so called 'urban' colloquial speech pattern for emphasis.

Remember,she can say whatever she muthafuckin' wants! Holla!

Love. It. (lol!!)

• Love 3

Funny though, and I'm not calling 'you' out in particular out BookElitist because a number of posters have done this.  Heather never said 'muthafucker' as far as I can remember.  She did say 'mother fucker' once.  That's it.  Yeah, she has used  'urban' colloquial speech pattern at times.  It's also funny, at least to me, that so many people don't like her using 'holla'  like it's something she says all the time.  Except for her tag line, the only time I remember her using it was on the last episode of the season.  Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on this. 

• Love 1

Heather: I Loved Sharing This Seasond With You

Heather ends the season with a heartfelt message to the viewers.

tumblr_inline_nsex1gAiIL1s39r4k_500.jpg

rhonyblogv2.jpg?itok=0eAiYvHh

Thanks for watching RHONY Season 7

Well guys, it's been a great season!

Thank you all for watching, engaging, loving, and even (at times) hating,

after all - it's part of the high and lows of the show of life. I loved sharing

this season with you and keeping up with all things yummie, or not...

So let's stay in touch!

Follow me at @iamheather.t and keep up with all things yummie at yummielife.com and @YummieByHT

See ya 'round the way!

Heather

XX

-Excerpt from linked article below

A few weeks ago, Heather Thomson’s name surfaced in reports that claimed she was leaving the show behind. Prior to joining the show, Heather founded the shapewear company Yummie, and she has managed to get retail sales that add up to around $60 million. In other words, she doesn’t need the show to pay her bills.

“She wants to focus full-time on her business, Yummie, her family, and expanding into the health and nutrition arena. The cons of doing the show far outweigh the pros at this point, and what the show has become don’t fit what she wants to be doing. She did it to promote her business and it devolved into ridiculous fights over the ridiculous antics of some unstable women,” a source has revealed about Heather leaving the show.

Even though a source claims that Heather Thomson is leaving the show behind and won’t return next year, Heather herself hasn’t commented on the story. Her silence is deafening in this case, as there could be some truth to the story.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2384323/did-heather-thomson-just-say-her-goodbye-to-rhony/#IzZJIrdZpOlmmC8y.99

54d4bf254b052.image.jpg

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

You know what else I don't remember?  I mentioned this months ago and I'm still looking. For as much as Heather grins like Bruce the Shark, I've never seen her crack a joke or be funny.  Not once.  Not in a silly way (Sonja) or a smart way (Carole) or a sarcastic way (Bethenny).

What, you don't remember Heather's joke to Sonja and Bethenny, 'I'm going to have to separate you two'...??

Even Heather's jokes are condescending and humorless.

It's weird, isn't it?  Until it was mentioned several times here, how joyful and fulfilled she is I never really thought about Heather's 'joy'.  I don't see any joy in her, except when she's talking about her kids or charities?  I don't think I've ever seen her really laugh.  Have we?  Unless it's at someone else's expense (maybe not even then?) or the time she thought she was hilarious by standing on the chair in Montana and declaring herself the drunk Boss of Everything. 

Even if I was a fan, I'd've noticed by now that she just doesn't have any real sense of humor. 

Have we ever seen her have a really good time with just the ladies?  And no fair counting how excited she gets when beating someone at hatchet throwing or one upping someone in another way.

• Love 3