Type keyword(s) to search

Heather Thomson: Inventor of Yummie Tummie

• Start Topic

ITA breezy424. I though Ramona saying that was rather coarse. Heather's gone so why kick her to the curb by saying she refused to talk/be filmed with Heather last season. Now we know a little more about Ro...hateful-spiteful-bitch!

Here is Ramona said-in response to the question is it food or bad Heather left the show-http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-12/episode-12143/videos?clip=2905979

Heather has disliked Ramona since the first season she was on.   Left her out of the London trip so when Heather needs a storyline she wonders why Ramona won't engage? Called her a bitch and pretty much dismissed her at every level-so why the surprise when Heather didn't have a storyline that Ramona wasn't going to hand her one.  The one time at Heather had an opportunity to wipe the floor with Ramona she just said, "Okay I appreciate it."  (Ramona apologizing over the naked guy.)  When Ramona brought up the senselessness of Ramona demanding recognition at the charity show-Heather told her to take a walk.  So there was no Ramona to play off of for Heather. 

Heather ended up saying she was not friends with Ramona, Sonja or Luann-so why would she stick around? 

And the Holy Father said, "Receive my blessed skully, I give it to thee, Our Lady of Hollas...."

w460.jpg?1411107068

Every time I see this photo I have to check back in to see if Heather has been canonized pre-mortem.

• Love 5

I'm sure Moaner is thrilled that Heather is gone.  But if Bravo plans on replacing her, I think they'll get someone even more abrasive than Holla.  Like the pain of childbirth, Ramona will forget what was so bad about Heather in the first place and wish she were back.

I think Ramona and Sonja are dreaming up story lines for next season, as we speak.

Tamara wasted her money on those implants.  Horrible.

• Love 3

I think that while bethenny and heather weren't close friends..there was mutual respect there. However, I do think heather was a threat to bethenny being top dog..yet the thing is that heather had more on her plate then just the show or even her business.

As I said in another thread, still loved heather calling bethenny a bitch lol

• Love 11

IF there are problems in her marriage, I suspect that it may be as simple as Jonathan/kids having trouble with how little they see her during filming. I don't think she backed off her Y line and still spent considerable time working on that, then add in that she was training for the No Barriers climb/charity as well as filming the show. That would mean she had very little time for her family and IMO, Jon places his family before anyone/anything else and Heather realized that she was not with her family as much as she should have been, so she made the choice, Family FIRST!

IMO Heather is an astute enough businesswoman to recognize that it was the law of diminishing returns staying on the show. She got positive exposure from her first two years and grew her business. Her children were growing and Jax was being prepared for his next surgery and she lost a key member of her household-and she needed to be there more than she had been able to be. She didn't have much of a storyline-she achieved her presence very well in her first two seasons and really didn't have much to offer this season. She doesn't need the money like others do.....lMO she made the right decision. I agree with talula that Ramona will be wishing her back in a season, lol

• Love 11

I am sure that Heather did have many a storyline.

BRAVO just did NOT wish to show it.

What Heather did not have is the plethora of silly 'Andy and the Bunch' directed soap operaISH muck stories--over which Bravo drools.

• Love 8

I am sure that Heather did have many a storyline.

BRAVO just did NOT wish to show it.

Why do you think that is?  Heather clearly could have had a story line.  Her life seems full and even interesting. 

IMO, someone who makes the big decisions didn't like Heather - which is no shock to me.  So they cut her parts and when she was shown it was usually in an unfavorable light. 

I know Bethenny got way too much screen time.  I don't think it's true that Heather's parts were sacrificed for Beth.  Because all the others, except for Heather, got decent amounts of time, too.  With all that Heather has going on, why is that?  I maintain that she showed her ass to TPTB once too often and she became expendable. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

If so, whatever. That reason would simply further illustrate and promote the musings and assertions that TPTB obsessively manipulate and manoeuvre the actual reality of the program. The posit remains firm--Heather's storyline existed, yet was cut out.

• Love 5

That's why it's such a beautiful thing that we, all, may hold such differing perspectives and opinions.

I certainly did not find the birthday party scenes boring.

It was a Happy Holla Day!

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 8

That's why it's such a beautiful thing that we, all, may hold such differing perspectives and opinions.

I certainly did not find the birthday party scenes boring.

It was a Happy Holla Day!

Like Voltaire, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

• Love 3

Heather is trying to boot Eric Rothfield, her company's manager. He squashed efforts she made to feature her Yummie brand on RHONY. She is suing him even though he is manager and part owner of Yummie by Heather Thomas. She says his decision to not allow her to film in the building hurt promotional opportunities she might have had while filming RHONY. In addition, Heather said he killed other media opportunities as well. Heather is hoping a judge helps her get rid of him as manager.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/22/rhony-heather-thomson-yummie-lawsuit/

Edited by talula

Well, this is upsetting:

http://jezebel.com/wtf-is-going-on-with-former-real-housewife-heather-thom-1761950971

The article basically doubles down on the "Heather suing her business partner" storyline, using the lawsuit filings and statements from her lawyer.  It sounds really ugly.  Says that she hasn't been paid in 18 months, that she's essentially left the company, he's marking down inventory and essentially sending the whole company down in flames; that this guy is somehow holding the entire company hostage based on the fact that he loaned her the start-up money (which she claims has been repayed). And that he's doing all this based on his personal hatred for Heather and Jonathon.

Gosh, it's ugly.

It also says "she might come back to RHONY" which - no.  That's not going to happen. Unless Carole convinces Bethenny to let her back.  Kidding.  I don't think RHONY is even RHONY any more, it's just Bethenny And Friends.  Basically, it's Bethenny's talk show in a reality setting - she controls the narrative and the dialogue, and preaches/barks at people.  Yuck.  No thanks. And there's no place for Heather there.

It's been a bit evident that something is going on; if you follow Heather on instagram she basically has been posting "inspirational" quotes that are variations on "don't let the b-stards get you down" for the last several months.

I also continue to notice and be sad that while she posts lots of pictures of her kids, and friends, she hardly ever posts her husband.  I think things are hard for her, and maybe for them, and that makes me sad.  

• Love 9

Well, this is upsetting:

http://jezebel.com/wtf-is-going-on-with-former-real-housewife-heather-thom-1761950971

The article basically doubles down on the "Heather suing her business partner" storyline, using the lawsuit filings and statements from her lawyer.  It sounds really ugly.  Says that she hasn't been paid in 18 months, that she's essentially left the company, he's marking down inventory and essentially sending the whole company down in flames; that this guy is somehow holding the entire company hostage based on the fact that he loaned her the start-up money (which she claims has been repayed). And that he's doing all this based on his personal hatred for Heather and Jonathon.

Gosh, it's ugly.

It also says "she might come back to RHONY" which - no.  That's not going to happen. Unless Carole convinces Bethenny to let her back.  Kidding.  I don't think RHONY is even RHONY any more, it's just Bethenny And Friends.  Basically, it's Bethenny's talk show in a reality setting - she controls the narrative and the dialogue, and preaches/barks at people.  Yuck.  No thanks. And there's no place for Heather there.

It's been a bit evident that something is going on; if you follow Heather on instagram she basically has been posting "inspirational" quotes that are variations on "don't let the b-stards get you down" for the last several months.

I also continue to notice and be sad that while she posts lots of pictures of her kids, and friends, she hardly ever posts her husband.  I think things are hard for her, and maybe for them, and that makes me sad.  

I think she is doing alright business wise, she was recently on HSN and she was just on the Steve Harvey show.

As for Jonathan, she tweeted/posted (IG) a photo of the 2 of them in Fla.    https://www.instagram.com/p/BDeeNXLjraM/

Her recent Instagram entries have included photos of a trip to Miami, showing both Jonathan and Kristin Taekman.

Jonathan was with her in Fla. as well.

• Love 1

I liked Heather and am sorry to hear this. Of all the HWs, she seemed the happiest with her home life and work life. (And unlike some of her co-stars, seemed genuinely grateful for what she had.)

I hope she doesn't come back to the show, though.

Edited by archer1267
(edited)

I was in Dillards the other day and was thrilled to see Yummy displayed right on the main aisle.

I don't know how much inventory they used to display but this was just a little 4-arm rack of bras and underpants. I was hoping for her "magic" jeans etc. but not to be. Hope it's not because of her business problems. I was ready to buy!

Edited by NewDigs

I'm glad Heather is gone.  I liked her at times, and couldn't really stomach her at other times.  The reason I'm glad she's gone is that she seemed to drag down the show, and make things boring with her somewhat above it all attitudes, or school-marmish ways.  Carole is much more interesting to me, so far, this season for example.

I can't really put a bigger finger than you all have already on the reasons I'm glad she's gone, but that's my overview.  She's probably a cool person most of the time, but cool people don't always make the best "house wives."

I'm glad Heather is gone.  I liked her at times, and couldn't really stomach her at other times.  The reason I'm glad she's gone is that she seemed to drag down the show, and make things boring with her somewhat above it all attitudes, or school-marmish ways.  Carole is much more interesting to me, so far, this season for example.

I can't really put a bigger finger than you all have already on the reasons I'm glad she's gone, but that's my overview.  She's probably a cool person most of the time, but cool people don't always make the best "house wives."

I like Heather but I am glad she is gone, she was too normal for this show. I love how Bethenny has set her sights on Dorinda this season, it couldn't happen to a more deserving HW. I have to wonder though, if it is because Dorinda was so popular with the viewers last season, like Heather was the season before Bethenny returned and Bethenny has to be top dog on the show at all times. We already know that Bethenny and Luann get into it this season as well and Luann was "popular" with viewers last season as well. LOL

• Love 4

See, I think Bethenny is going after Dorinda because she's easy pickings, not necessarily because she's threatened by her popularity. No one's gonna care about a spat with the newbie (and Bethenny is nothing if not all about maximum impact), and it's been well-documented that Ramona is certifiable, so there's no point in her picking on the crazy person. (Add Sonja to that column.) Which leaves Dorinda and Luann. Of the two, I think Dorinda makes for a much easier target given her drunken tirades, lack of veteran status compared to Lu, and that Dorinda's, well, due for the infamous unflattering S2 edit.

Bethenny is pretty savvy in that she can sniff out a weakness pretty quickly. And once she does, woe to the woman who ends up in her crosshairs. I'll be the minority and say that's why I miss Heather. She was more than okay with going up against B while sober, and that will surely be missed this season.

• Love 5

Bethenny is pretty savvy in that she can sniff out a weakness pretty quickly. And once she does, woe to the woman who ends up in her crosshairs. I'll be the minority and say that's why I miss Heather. She was more than okay with going up against B while sober, and that will surely be missed this season.

Exactly. While I'll admit that Heather bugged the hell out of me for a whole lot of reasons, I really don't like this new dynamic where Bethenny Frankel's word is gospel and the other ladies are inserting their heads right up her ass. It's boring because there's nobody with the guts to truly challenge her. Heather didn't have a problem with calling her out. And even better was that she could call her out without yelling, slurring and pointing in her face whilst brandishing a dirty martini.

• Love 5

I think that you need a level head among all the drama. For this show, Heather was the closest thing to that. She had her moments, but she a degree of normalcy that the other women lack. Despite the successes of her business, we saw more of her as a mother raising a son with a disability, I think things like that are a nice touch to remind viewers of the pettiness of what the women actually fight over.

I can see why she was considered disposable though. If you don't bring drama then you're always disposable but also, with Bethenny's return, she's not needed to be Carole's sidekick. Instead we get to see Carole crawl up Bethenny's ass. Carole with Heather was too normal.

• Love 5

I saw Heather schilling Tommy Copper for kids on my TV this morning.....

She can't call it Yummy Tummy.....sound like a peda-file quip.

I can't see a coach telling a kid to "put on your yummy tummy, here let me help you......"

I miss Heather too. I liked how she made an effort to keep in touch with the women in the off season. I liked how all of the women admitted that she didn't just do things for show and would talk to them off camera or when they weren't filming. 

I like Dorinda even though I find her behavior appalling at least once a season, but I'm still upset that she never apologized to Heather for treating her horridly. I don't know if it's that Dorinda hadn't gotten used to the rigors of filming, but when she turned on Heather it was some of the ugliest shit I've seen and for no good reason. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I miss Heather too. I liked how she made an effort to keep in touch with the women in the off season. I liked how all of the women admitted that she didn't just do things for show and would talk to them off camera or when they weren't filming. 

I like Dorinda even though I find her behavior appalling at least once a season, but I'm still upset that she never apologized to Heather for treating her horridly. I don't know if it's that Dorinda hadn't gotten used to the rigors of filming, but when she turned on Heather it was some of the ugliest shit I've seen and for no good reason. 

I was upset about the Heather deal as well. In the end Heather said they did makeup, and continue to keep in contact after she left. It was some really, really weird stuff that went on during that trip. I too was unsure if it was just being new to the show and going away on vacation with everyone, or something else. But I have also come to realize that while I really like her, she has this tendency to fly off the handle and get things off her chest with everyone. That is actually something that I like, because she will tell you the truth regardless of whether or not you are her friend. And she will still love you after. She seems to do this across the board with them all. 

• Love 7

I miss Heather as well.  She really got screwed by the editors her last season.  She got two packages.  And the celebration of her son getting to his tenth birthday with a liver transplant was so diminished by the PTB.  I also liked Jon as well.

They seem really happy and that's what is important.

• Love 11

It was a nice surprise seeing Heather's thread up higher than usual. I still do miss her. Honestly, it was Bethenny's treatment of her that finally put me off of Bethenny; go figure.

Speaking of figure, I now own three Yummie Tummie products--the high waist thigh shaper, the high waist brief, and the shaping thong. I like them each for various reasons. When my best friend was getting married last year, she was in the market for Spanx and I was like, "Girl! Get Yummie Tummie for that dress," which she did. She liked it as well. 

Maybe Heather doesn't want to come back, but I'd love it if she did. Just seeing her briefly at Carole's election night party was a treat. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

It was a nice surprise seeing Heather's thread up higher than usual. I still do miss her. Honestly, it was Bethenny's treatment of her that finally put me off of Bethenny; go figure.

Speaking of figure, I now own three Yummie Tummie products--the high waist thigh shaper, the high waist brief, and the shaping thong. I like them each for various reasons. When my best friend was getting married last year, she was in the market for Spanx and I was like, "Girl! Get Yummie Tummie for that dress," which she did. She liked it as well. 

Maybe Heather doesn't want to come back, but I'd love it if she did. Just seeing her briefly at Carole's election night party was a treat. 

Bethenny's treatment of Heather was horrid! I don't blame Heather for no longer wanting to be on the show, she knew it would only get worse. I love her Yummy products and own quite a few of them, from under garments to yoga capris/yoga pants. to her relaxed T shirts.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Is there a big diff between Yummie and Spanx? I have a soft spot for Spanx since they're based here in Atlanta. :)

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Is there a big diff between Yummie and Spanx? I have a soft spot for Spanx since they're based here in Atlanta. :)

Yes, Spanx is designed to make you at least 1 size smaller, Yummy is designed to smooth you out (no muffin top/bra back roll) but not make you smaller in size/squeeze you like a boa. LOL

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Spanx is designed to make you at least 1 size smaller, Yummy is designed to smooth you out (no muffin top/bra back roll) but not make you smaller in size/squeeze you like a boa. LOL

Really? Can the body compress that much via stretchy material as opposed to a corset or something that wraps and holds? BTW, I'm not arguing with you, WW, just trying to understand how that is possible (and, if possible, I may buy some Spanx, 'cause guac and chips and all...)

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Oh, that was a hard season. What to do when two of your favorite HW's have friction? I did not like the way that Bethenny reacted to Heather when she came on. I was completely bummed. But as the season moved on and their relationship changed, it seemed really organic to me. I never got the Heather hate here and on another forum I visit (Vulture). So many people didn't like her right from the beginning, and I loved her immediately. But she was polarizing. So many comments about her being bossy and humorless back in the day, from her very first appearance. So she could rub people the wrong way. I didn't see it, but clearly it was there. And I think she did with Bethenny. But I loved the way Bethenny always gave her props for her business acumen, unlike HW's like Sonja and Ramona. She always respected what she did, she just got on her nerves. I liked the relationship they had at the end, and so wish we could have seen what would have happened had Heather stayed on the show. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Really? Can the body compress that much via stretchy material as opposed to a corset or something that wraps and holds? BTW, I'm not arguing with you, WW, just trying to understand how that is possible (and, if possible, I may buy some Spanx, 'cause guac and chips and all...)

I have worn a Spanx-like garment and I can say it's suffocating and made me a little claustrophobic.   It was also hot as hell and I barely made it through the event (and it was a little difficult in the bathrooms). I am very interested in Yummie but haven't bought one yet. No matter your size, simply smoothing out the rolls and bumps is very flattering. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

Yes, Spanx can do that, it is like wearing a boa constrictor! LOL I like being able to breathe and I hate sweating because my skin is being suffocated by an undergarment. Before Yummy came along, I would buy Spanx a size or 2 larger than I wore, this way it smoothed out my lumps/bumps without the constriction it is supposed to do. LOL

37 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I have worn a Spanx-like garment and I can say it's suffocating and made me a little claustrophobic.   It was also hot as hell and I barely made it through the event (and it was a little difficult in the bathrooms). I am very interested in Yummie but haven't bought one yet. No matter your size, simply smoothing out the rolls and bumps is very flattering. 

Then you will love Yummy, they are light, breathable and only smooth you out, they do not constrict you. LOL If you go to their web page, you can sign up and then buy whatever you want when it goes on sale! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Wirewrap is right. You should try Yummie. The thing that made them different, and the way it was marketed in the beginning, was about the body temperature deal. That was their original point of difference vs. Spanx. The fact that you wouldn't get overheated in it. I absolutely love the camisoles. They just create a smooth line without making you feel like you are going to suffocate. 

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Oh, that was a hard season. What to do when two of your favorite HW's have friction? I did not like the way that Bethenny reacted to Heather when she came on. I was completely bummed. But as the season moved on and their relationship changed, it seemed really organic to me. I never got the Heather hate here and on another forum I visit (Vulture). So many people didn't like her right from the beginning, and I loved her immediately. But she was polarizing. So many comments about her being bossy and humorless back in the day, from her very first appearance. So she could rub people the wrong way. I didn't see it, but clearly it was there. And I think she did with Bethenny. But I loved the way Bethenny always gave her props for her business acumen, unlike HW's like Sonja and Ramona. She always respected what she did, she just got on her nerves. I liked the relationship they had at the end, and so wish we could have seen what would have happened had Heather stayed on the show. 

Same! Heather entered the fray after the season where Sonja told Cindy Barshop, under no uncertain terms, that because she was the new girl she needed to respect Ramona's (so-called) hierarchy in the group. Cindy didn't really push back on that, if I'm remembering correctly. However, a season later, in walks Heather Thomson, and out the gate she's not here for any of Ramona's bullshit. And when she decided that she wanted her trip to London with the girls to be without someone she'd had a rocky start with, Heather was unafraid to say to Ramona that she wouldn't be invited. I was like, "All right. I'm here for this woman."

Unfortunately for me, though, regarding Bethenny and Heather, by the time Bethenny had come around to Heather it had been too many episodes of her just being snide to Heather that I couldn't deal with her anymore. 

14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

WW, you watch RHOATL, right? I ask because every time I think of Spanx now, I remember the one reunion where Phaedra clearly wore Spanx under her ball gown and you could see how uncomfortable she was. Her breathing was shallow as she spoke because clearly that Spanx was damn near cutting off circulation. It was then that I vowed never to give Spanx a try.

15 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Oh, definitely! :) As WireWrap and motorcitymom state, they're smoothing without the constriction. I haven't moved into the Yummie Tummie camisoles yet, but they're next on my list.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5

I would love it if Heather would come back.  I enjoyed her friendship with Carole.  I didn't care for her friendship with Kristin as much. She could never see Kristin's point of view, she always sided with Josh.  (hate Josh)  I'm not saying she had to agree with everything Kristin said or did, but for example, when Kristin was telling the story of Josh coming home one day and TELLING her that they're moving to NYC all Heather could say was, "Well, that's what it takes to be an entrepreneur." And maybe that's the case, but it still sucked for Kristin and all Kristin was looking for was some acknowledgement that it affected her life too.  And I thought Heather was unkind to Kristin in Montana.  Belittled her accomplishment of scaling down the side of the mountain just because she cried at the end.  Kristin was afraid but still did it, that's bravery and Heather wouldn't give her that.  Over all though, I am a Heather fan and loved that she gave Ramona and Bethenney runs for their money. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Mozelle said:

However, a season later, in walks Heather Thomson, and out the gate she's not here for any of Ramona's bullshit. And when she decided that she wanted her trip to London with the girls to be without someone she'd had a rocky start with, Heather was unafraid to say to Ramona that she wouldn't be invited. I was like, "All right. I'm here for this woman."

Loved that. And there was some event they all went to and Heather kept following Moaner around and standing next to her -- just to poke the bear. Moaner was like a deer caught in the crossfire.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I remember the one reunion where Phaedra clearly wore Spanx under her ball gown and you could see how uncomfortable she was. Her breathing was shallow as she spoke because clearly that Spanx was damn near cutting off circulation. It was then that I vowed never to give Spanx a try.

Didn't she almost black out? I remember from TWoP, posters talking about some kind of full body smoother Kandi was wearing at an event that was so tight you couldn't sit, dance or really move in it. You just stand.  I don't know the brand but it wasn't Spanx or Yummie.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Didn't she almost black out? I remember from TWoP, posters talking about some kind of full body smoother Kandi was wearing at an event that was so tight you couldn't sit, dance or really move in it. You just stand.  I don't know the brand but it wasn't Spanx or Yummie.

Phaedra did almost blackout.

Whatever it was that Kandi was wearing,  damn near passing out or not being to dance or sit was not good advertising for it. 

• Love 3