Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Ki-in said:

She didn't "allow" it. These aren't from her IG but 3rd parties over which she has no say about filters and photoshop.

But she must have allowed it. She allowed someone to take her picture. A picture she would have no control in editing. She allows herself to be on this show, where the power to edit belongs to Bravo. She takes pictures at all kinds at various events and on red carpets where she has no control over the edit. All kinds of pictures that folks can zoom in on for whatever flaw might be lurking. If she wasn't allowing it she would pull a Jason Hoppy and cover whatever she didn't want us to see. 

• Love 5
On 8/23/2017 at 3:13 PM, Ki-in said:

Shot at a distance with filters is their secret! It's all smoke and mirrors and plastic surgery, or botox and fillers at the very least. Add on regular facials and massage plus the best hair and make-up and some well rehearsed poses and voila. They have all day to devote to themselves and their looks. Do you think they are cleaning house and cooking dinner after a hard days work and a stressful commute then stressing over which bills to pay? Plus, I can't really give too many kudos to a woman who has never had kids and still has a decent figure, not so hard for them, now women who have kids and look like that then yeah, wow. 

Also, just having money, even if you never do surgery, takes an enormous amount of stress off and stress is the real looks killer. 

Some unfiltered shots show you a more realistic view.

40EB607400000578-4553326-Practised_pose_Carole-Radziwill.jpg

You can also photoshop to make people look really bad

_lmIdTquI9wULIf3lqPOWPCgPfE.jpg

Cindy-Crawford-Wearing-Snake-Print-Bikini-April-2017.jpg

• Love 4
On 8/23/2017 at 3:13 PM, Ki-in said:

Shot at a distance with filters is their secret! It's all smoke and mirrors and plastic surgery, or botox and fillers at the very least. Add on regular facials and massage plus the best hair and make-up and some well rehearsed poses and voila. They have all day to devote to themselves and their looks. Do you think they are cleaning house and cooking dinner after a hard days work and a stressful commute then stressing over which bills to pay? Plus, I can't really give too many kudos to a woman who has never had kids and still has a decent figure, not so hard for them, now women who have kids and look like that then yeah, wow. 

Also, just having money, even if you never do surgery, takes an enormous amount of stress off and stress is the real looks killer. 

There are a number of women, like Carole, who have never had children and who still do not have Carole's figure. I'm not sure if that's really the barometer. Carole truly is lucky in the genetics department to have been able to eat a crap diet for so many years and still remain slender.

There are also women who do live as you suggested: working standard work hours, paying bills, cooking, cleaning, raising children who also make time (maybe not as frequently as any of these HWs) to get in mani-pedis or get waxing done or to get a professional massage. 

Also, really, is it a bad thing to choose not to share unflattering pictures of oneself? Is it more noble to do so? Like, even as children when it came time for school picture day, the photography companies weren't choosing bad pictures to package and send to parents for them to shell out bucks for. Like, I'm not posting on IG the one shot where my hand is all awkward because I was snapped in the middle of putting a hand on a hip.

• Love 10

The bikini shot, above, seems real.  Doesn't' matter how much she works out, if she doesn't clean up her diet, those lumps aren't going away.  Subcutaneous fat doesn't play.  Her belly looks exactly like someone who is thin but eats terribly. Skinny-fat.  I'll bet she stopped making fun of gym rats shortly after this picture hit Page Six.  Good for her but I hope she put down the garbage food, too.

Getting older, seeing those lumps for the first time, and being surrounded by a young, fit boyfriend and a really fit and bossy BFF named Bethenny was The Perfect Storm for Carole to realize she needed to start exercising and eating better.  

I think Adam is silly but I'd love it if my partner was a clean foods chef.  I've been vegetarian for 5 whole, looong weeks and I don't enjoy the kind of prep it takes to keep things interesting and tasty.   She was crazy if she didn't take full advantage of that man-child's talents in the kitchen.  She's lazier than me, so I doubt she'll be able to maintain clean eating on her own - good thing she has the $$ to patronize any number of healthy choice restaurants in NYC.   I'd let Adam and his man-bun live in my apartment just for the Sexy Salads.

• Love 5
On 8/23/2017 at 2:13 PM, Ki-in said:

On 8/24/2017 at 0:23 PM, missmansfield said:

I am not necessarily a fan of Carole's but I have to give it to her for having these not photoshopped to the hilt natural photos of her.  It is very refreshing and unheard of these days.

Have to agree.  Points for this without a doubt.

Carole grew on me this season.  Finally!   I think she hit some sort of wierd pivotal moment in life....as if she made it out of the grieving stage to a point she can move on with some thoughtfullness and self-care.  I do think she was in limbo for a long time and that the Adam thing was nothing more than a comfortable blanket while she recovered (as much as one can).

7 hours ago, Wicked said:

I love the following quote from the piece in Architectural Digest

“I have always approached Housewives as a comedy,” she notes. “In the past, at times, it felt like everyone else was on a drama. This season, though, was genuine comedy—and viewers responded. Given all the darkness in our culture right now, people just want to laugh. Luann falling into the bushes gave me life.”

She brings a lightness and rationality and good humor.   It took me a long time to sort of like her but I think I do now.  Part of it is that I think she has grown.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Carole grew on my this season.  Finally!   I think she hit some sort of wierd pivotal moment in life....as if she made it out of the grieving stage to a point she can move on with some thoughtfullness and self-care.  I do think she was in limbo for a long time and that the Adam thing was nothing more than a comfortable blanket while she recovered (as much as one can).

“I have always approached Housewives as a comedy,” she notes. “In the past, at times, it felt like everyone else was on a drama. This season, though, was genuine comedy—and viewers responded. Given all the darkness in our culture right now, people just want to laugh. Luann falling into the bushes gave me life.”

She brings a lightness and rationality and good humor.   It took me a long time to sort of like her but I think I do now.  Part of it is that I think she has grown.  

I didn't read the interview in AD, but I'm glad to read that she said this. I think that's what I've responded to from her first moment on the show. She doesn't slap her knee after everything she says, but it always seemed to me that she was taking the piss out of the show.

Of course, she's had moments when things for her were quite serious--Aviva's ridiculous, bullshit accusation about a ghost writer; going to London to retrieve her husband's ashes; the 2016 presidential election--but over all, I've seen Carole's humor and her being intentionally absurd about a number of things. From "I started smoking pink cigarettes because pink cigarettes don't give you cancer" to "Dim sum? What's that?", Carole's off-kilter humor has managed to upset literalists like Aviva or people who think they're the only ones with a sense of humor (Bethenny).

• Love 7

I still love Carole too and was incredibly won over by how she made a point to befriend and take Tinsley under her wing this season---try as I might to feel otherwise, I still find Carole oddly endearing, snooty wannabe hipster vibes/Bethenny-slave and all. She's somehow managed to carve a good niche out for herself on this show and calmly stay in the background while still providing a chill and loving soundboard to the cast's bigger personalities. She's the sane Greek chorus ever since Bethenny gave up that role with her "zero fucks" rich bitch schtick; I love that she gets it and seems totally in on the big joke of it all.

I also am loving her latest apartment redo, even though I'm shocked by what a radical departure it is from her place's cool former masculine vibe. It's like she was desperate for a girly, frilly and feminine look after so many years of living around the earth tones and darker colors. I'm not so sure about her bedroom((it's a bit too pretty pink princessy for my preference)), but the rest of the place looks just stunning otherwise.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Jextella said:

Carole grew on me this season.  Finally!   I think she hit some sort of wierd pivotal moment in life....as if she made it out of the grieving stage to a point she can move on with some thoughtfullness and self-care.  I do think she was in limbo for a long time and that the Adam thing was nothing more than a comfortable blanket while she recovered (as much as one can).

That's what I've always liked about Carole. She is kind of always just sitting back and watching it unfold and laughing quietly to herself. She doesn't take the show super-seriously. 

• Love 9
On 4/25/2016 at 6:46 PM, sasha206 said:

Did Carole get cheek implants or is that just an overload of filler in her face?

I've been wondering that, too. She does not have good skin, even with all the work she's had done and all the makeup, her skin always looks dry and crepey. She has a killer body, though! 

The main thing, to me, about Carole is I think she's kinda lame/boring. Bethenny put it perfectly when she said, "Carole loves the minutia of things..." and that's great, but the rest of us don't and are about to fall asleep! Even before this season, I noticed it. I remember her talking to Heather about editing a Wikipedia article or something and it's just like, "yaaaawn, who gives a shit?" 

• Love 5

Deep Bravo thoughts today. LOL. I watched a rerun of Below Deck this a.m.  If you're familiar with the show, this was one of the episodes where Kate is a complete and utter bitch to Amy.  Watching the rerun reminded me that Kate is a deeply bitter and unhappy person.  And I thought of Carole.

Now, I dislike Carole.  A lot.  But she is by no means (from what we have seen thus far) - bitter or unhappy.  She can be catty and she tends to stick her nose into places it doesn't belong.  She tries too hard to be some things she's not - provocative and dumb, for example.  She prefers to sit back and watch, which fits with her 'follower' mentality.  Which is cool, I suppose - not every one can lead.  But personally, it's hard to watch a woman who was supposedly so independent and successful be so....not.   Any one trying to appear dumb or lazy, just sets my teeth on edge.

That said, I appreciate that Carole is not Kate.  They're bringing Kate back for the next season of Below Deck.  She's smart and can be witty.  But she's mean as a wet cat in a bag so it just cancels out any good qualities.  It's no fun to watch.  Aside from Bethenny, whom I also view in the angry wet cat category, none of the NYC HWs are particularly mean.  They've loads of faults which are fun to snark on, but people like Kate and Beth, I can't even.

That's as close as I can come to complimenting Carole, today.  Although, I like what she's done to the apartment.  Looks like a grown up lives there.  I see she ditched the Sleep/Fuck pillows.  Two thumbs up!

• Love 6

Carole might be on of the genuinely nicest people on the show. She may be closer to some than others, but she has a history of being the one to go and talk to the girls when they're upset. And she doesn't try to one-up or relate it to HER. She just listens. I'm rewatching season 6 right now, where they took the trip to Montana. Kristen and Heather have a big blow up, and Kristen ends up alone in one the cabins. Who goes to check on her? Carole, even though Heather is her BFF. She is the one who thought to see if Kristen was okay and let her vent and help her try and get herself together so she could rejoin the group. I really do think she has a good heart, even if she can be a bit obnoxious at time. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, rhys said:

I was hoping that Carole was able to salvage enough tiger fabric to have a pillow made or maybe just frame a piece.

I would have saved every scrap! I'd have a strip made into a belt, a little piece fashioned into a makeup bag, definitely a pillow, use some to cover a journal, and made a mini-skirt out of it if I could! 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Her fake purses and excess sonicare!

I couldn't believe that, so I went and looked.  A fake Chanel.  Why????  She's got some nice designer stuff listed.  Why junk up the pile with a Chanel knock-off??

Also, she's started selling, on the same site, signed copies of What Remains.  $75.00.  And then there's the "white lacquer box" sold for $25.00.  So random.  The SonicCare is just...odd.

She should attend one of Bethenny's brand summits and learn how to better market her wares.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

couldn't believe that, so I went and looked.  A fake Chanel.  Why????  She's got some nice designer stuff listed.  Wh

It's still up? I thought it got taken down because selling counterfeits is illegal even if it used to be a go to!

Carole might be on of the genuinely nicest people on the show. She may be closer to some than others, but she has a history of being the one to go and talk to the girls when they're upset. And she doesn't try to one-up or relate it to HER. She just listens. I'm rewatching season 6 right now, where they took the trip to Montana. Kristen and Heather have a big blow up, and Kristen ends up alone in one the cabins. Who goes to check on her? Carole, even though Heather is her BFF. She is the one who thought to see if Kristen was okay and let her vent and help her try and get herself together so she could rejoin the group. I really do think she has a good heart, even if she can be a bit obnoxious at time. 

That was nice of her.

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, ghoulina said:

Carole might be on of the genuinely nicest people on the show. She may be closer to some than others, but she has a history of being the one to go and talk to the girls when they're upset. And she doesn't try to one-up or relate it to HER. She just listens.

That's a good quality but it gets kind of cancelled out when she does that shit stirring thing she does.  Ya know, like when she lied TO Kristen and told her that Bethenny said she was dumb and didn't have a patent (or something like that) for her nail polish line. 

That, in turn, had Kristen approaching Beth at the party which further made Kristen look like a fool when Beth looked at her like, 'What are you talking about, you loon?" because at that time, Beth didn't know that Carole had lied. 

With friends like that....

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I guess they didn't love the pilot despite what Carole led us to believe. Who were the actors? At least Kyle is giving us more info/details about her scripted series. Seeing the negotiations and the behind the scenes action would have been a more interesting story line than any of the ones she has presented so far.

Moved from the reunion thread.

Did they even filmy he pilot? I thought they just liked the treatment.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

I can't remember how far it got, I just remember her droning on about it. But I guess they didn't like the treatment since it never went anywhere. I found this and she wasn't too happy with bravo's other series with a similar name

http://www.allabouttrh.com/2014/11/11/carole-radziwill-upset-bravo/

this article has an excerpt from the book

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/first-look-carole-radziwills-widows-guide

Lots of properties get optioned and never turn into pilots. Lots of pilots are made that never turn into a series.

The Girlfriends Guide books are very popular and very well-known. I watched the first season of Girlfriends Guide to Divorce. I've read a brief summary of the plot of Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating. The two were not at all similar. Widow's Guide has a lot more in common with Younger, but Carole's not dumb enough to claim plagiarism for a TV show inspired by a novel that was written a decade before the Widow's Guide.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Looks like an Am Staff.  ??

I love their heads & that wide space between their eyes sloping down to their snouts  --  our first rescue sweetie was a mix of dobie/greyhound/pit, and she didn't have that as fully as this guy, but it was there - like a ski slope waiting for kisses :)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

I love their heads & that wide space between their eyes sloping down to their snouts  --  our first rescue sweetie was a mix of dobie/greyhound/pit, and she didn't have that as fully as this guy, but it was there - like a ski slope waiting for kisses :)

I remember my little cousin looking at Maya and asking why her eyes were so far apart. I answered by asking why his dog Patrick's eyes are so close set.   And I love the semi-erect ears. They're adorable plus my last dog had floppy ears and suffered with horrible ear infections for years. I just adore the breed, if that isn't obvious. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What the fuck is wrong with his neck?

The video with Mikaella Rueben are pathetic. I can't understand how Carole dealt with him. Nice dude but so hum,

light.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What the fuck is wrong with his neck?

What are you speaking about?  I'm trying to spot it but I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing normal laryngeal structures...

13 hours ago, jaync said:

Maybe Adam has that tatapakus(?) condition.

Torticollis?  Doubtful unless he has had a recent cervical spinal injury.  I think he just does the head tilt thing when taking pictures (similar to Teresa with her stupid head tilt that makes me want to rip her head off). 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, jaync said:

that tatapakus(?) condition.

No idea what the medical condition is, but that sounds like a fusian Hawaiin/Spanish tapas bar -- kind of a dive, but also great? --with umbrellas in the drinks and good lighting in the bathroom ("I don't look dead!") and plates of food that taste amazing. And maybe there's even a piano, and people sing show tunes -- or theme songs from old tv shows -- and this is the place Luann goes to drown her Tom sorrows, instead of the Regency.

Or maybe it's just the neck thing you and @diadochokinesis  are talking about ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

What are you speaking about?  I'm trying to spot it but I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing normal laryngeal structures...

I am talking about his ridiculous head tilt.

It's like he's trying to tell the world he's just so easy going, such a cool and relaxed hipster, he can't even hold his head up straight.  He looks ridiculous.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am talking about his ridiculous head tilt.

It's like he's trying to tell the world he's just so easy going, such a cool and relaxed hipster, he can't even hold his head up straight.  He looks ridiculous.

LOL.  Yeah, I think it is just one of those hipster things. 

• Love 6
On 8/26/2017 at 11:55 PM, breezy424 said:

Love the blue.  It's my favorite color and it's nice to see a 'not all white' decor.  Most of the place is not my personal taste but I can appreciate it.

I LOVE it all.  Hope she keeps Ramona out.  LOL

• Love 3