Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

It looks like Carole and Heather have ended the season still friends, which makes me very happy. Of course, there could be all kinds of shit that happens between when the season starts and when it ends.

Yeah. I know that there has been hope of a fractured friendship (and for Heather and Jonathan to be on the verge of a divorce), but it looks like it actually isn't the case. I really like the friendship between Carole and Heather. From both Carole's and Heather's IGs, it doesn't look like this friendship has faltered in any significant way.

• Love 4

Yeah. I know that there has been hope of a fractured friendship (and for Heather and Jonathan to be on the verge of a divorce), but it looks like it actually isn't the case. I really like the friendship between Carole and Heather. From both Carole's and Heather's IGs, it doesn't look like this friendship has faltered in any significant way.

And that will in fact be a pretty big deal. If they are able to keep this friendship sailing along into their 3rd season, it seems to say a lot about how authentic it is. I know some folks will be disappointed. For me, I love it. 

• Love 5

One of my fave genuine BFF moments with Heather & Carole was the time when they went out drinking and doing shots at a gay bar one night. They got so giddily wasted and just looked like they were having a blast, so much so that I kinda wished I was there toasting with them!

I'd love to see more of such friendships on these shows. Nene and Kim used to have a similar friendship on RH of Atlanta, before the show ripped them apart---Phaedra and Kandi on there seem to be similarly genuine BFF's though.

Not all of us like to watch drama; seeing gals who share interests and sweet friendships is inspiring and nice feelgood TV!

• Love 5

Oh yes! Heather gushing "I love you, Radz," and Carole getting tongue-tied and not really knowing what to say back, because (of her own admission) she's not good with that kind of thing. Similarly, I like Ramonja and their antics (although increasingly in small doses), like sneaking off to try on their dresses in Morocco, and Ramona jumping up and down as if she could fly.

I like these friendships because they're based on genuine enjoyment of each other's company, vs. an alliance against a common enemy...or a "keep your enemies close" thing, or "I'll be friends with you because I think you will be useful to me" thing.

• Love 5

And that will in fact be a pretty big deal. If they are able to keep this friendship sailing along into their 3rd season, it seems to say a lot about how authentic it is. I know some folks will be disappointed. For me, I love it. 

I was one that always felt like Heather played Mr. Bossypants to Carole's Lil Ms. Submissive and that it couldn't last.  But if it works for them.  I'm not disappointed that they're still friends, just surprised it's lasted this long.  That doesn't happen often on these shows.  I can only think of Ramona and Sonja but didn't they go through a season where they didn't get along?

• Love 3

I just love watching at her try-hard hipster chic best---I still love her wacky wardrobe, awkward flirting and not-so-hidden pretension wrapped in the classic "Cool Carole" package. I find it most interesting to see how she'll get along with Bethenny.

• Love 3

I just re read What remains over Easter Break. It was out of necessity as there was no internet connection or TV and it happened to be on my kindle from years ago. The first time around I loved it but this time.....hmm. I think it was beautifully written but now I want to know how did she go from being from a poor Italian family in Suffern NY to marrying a prince and being too cool for school. I wish she would have written about the adjustment more because she makes it appear seamless and it couldn't have been. I wonder if being on this show will hurt her in the long run because It was definitely loved the book the first time around but after RHoNY I sort of see her as a phony.

• Love 4
(edited)

I hear that Carole has hired a ghostwriter to pen as sequel. She hired Frank McCourt and the working title is "Anthony's Ashes."

It is the story of Carole traveling around with her husband's ashes. In the Hamptons. At a Dude Ranch. On blind dates.

Sort of like "Weekend At Bernie's" with bone fragments.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 6

I hear that Carole has hired a ghostwriter to pen as sequel. She hired Frank McCourt and the working title is "Anthony's Ashes."

It is the story of Carole traveling around with her husband's ashes. In the Hamptons. At a Dude Ranch. On blind dates.

Sort of like "Weekend At Bernie's" with bone fragments.

That's the word on the street, I take it? We'll have to ask Aviva more about it, since she's in on all those juicy secrets. Be sure to check out Carole's great ass, by the way!

• Love 4

Now that Aviva's gone and she no longer has to defend it, I'd like to see a different side of Carole's work life.   Wiki still says her book of essays is due out in Spring of 2014.  Is she even writing anymore? 

Widow's Guide is front and center on her web page and there are no new pieces listed on her bio or social media.  She told us she needs to work, so I'd like to see her do that.

To be honest, she's never struck me as a go-getter but with friends like Heather and now, Bethenny, maybe they'll light a fire.

• Love 1

So, is Carole stinking rich or not? On the main forum, there are postings stating that she joined the HW because she needed the money (which is what I thought) and others posts saying she's worth $50 million. Do we know if either is true?

• Love 1
(edited)

I have to admit - for me, Carole grates.  She just rubs me the wrong way.  Inauthenticity, trying waay too hard, or ? I dunno.  Can't put my finger on it.  At any rate, I just FF'd every single scene Carole was in last night.  I don't even know what she talked about and what her storyline was.  Less irritating for me to get the gist/update(s) from the forums.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 5

Of course Carole has no idea how far along she is with her next book.

Her ghostwriter has not been returning her calls.

Word on the street is that he got grossed out by her lugging the urn all over the place. So she has to find a new ghostwriter who is into that and Stephen King is just too expensive.

• Love 3

I just re read What remains over Easter Break. It was out of necessity as there was no internet connection or TV and it happened to be on my kindle from years ago. The first time around I loved it but this time.....hmm. I think it was beautifully written but now I want to know how did she go from being from a poor Italian family in Suffern NY to marrying a prince and being too cool for school. I wish she would have written about the adjustment more because she makes it appear seamless and it couldn't have been. I wonder if being on this show will hurt her in the long run because It was definitely loved the book the first time around but after RHoNY I sort of see her as a phony.

It's not like she married Prince William of Buckingham Palace... Anthony was a Prince in name only. And maybe it's just me but I never got the impression her life changed that drastically. Anthony worked for a living just like she did and I never thought that he had money in the way that real royalty or the truly rich have, am I wrong on that? They might have had a few more vacation homes (family property) to stay at but they lived modest lives, Carole even mentions money problems (? can't recall specifics) with the renovation of their apartment and selling off old family heirloom items. Besides rubbing elbows with some famous people (some she already knew from her NBC time) which she mentions made her nervous and feel out of place, nothing really changed. Plus she didn't go from poor to prince lol, there were many years of successful worldly career women in between.

Since we didn't know Carol before RHWoNY we can't really say her personality has changed that much but I'm sure it has just from growing up and life experiences. What some people see as too cool for school I see as loopy lol and 'I'm just trying to live life'.

So happy this show is back, feels like it was gone forever. I don't follow these women outside of the show so once the season ends I have no idea what is going on in their lives until it comes back on (the only ones I care about really are LuAnn, Carol and Heather... happy to see The Countess back in the opening credits). Hope the ratings are good this year so we have can have one or two more.

Carol needs to lay off the botox.

• Love 3

I'm not sure that's Carole with the urn in the season preview; the hair looks different, and she's not wearing gloves in the shot before. I can't think of who else it could be, though.

• Love 1

Didn't her husband die something like 15 years ago? If she wanted to spread his ashes some place why didn't she do it before? Yes I am being bitchy. Just saying she's had a while to process his death without a TV camera.

• Love 2

Because that's all she has. Her late husband and a tenuous relationship to the Kennedy family.

If she is such a talented writer there are a million things she could write about. But she doesn't. She can't. Every scene with her editor is about problems with her writing.

That urn full of a quasi-Kennedy is her trademark. Sort of like Donald Trumps hair.

• Love 4

If she is such a talented writer there are a million things she could write about. But she doesn't. She can't. Every scene with her editor is about problems with her writing.

I interned at a literary agency and regularly went through the slush pile of unsolicited manuscripts. Very few people really have an idea that's appropriate for a novel, IMO. Many times I read a pitch and thought "this would be great as a magazine feature, but I don't see it working for 200+ pages." I've very much enjoyed Carole's blog writing and think that she should just focus on shorter pieces - essays, feature writing - rather than tackle the "I'm writing a book" thing. And given her background, it'd be a more natural fit. But I guess it doesn't hold the same cache as "I'm working on a novel."

• Love 1
(edited)

In the season preview it's clearly her (imo), she is voiceovering about still being able to picture her late husband and the pics below clear up the glove confusion.

Picture of her looking out the window of the car, right hand has no glove, listening to music with headphones on.

Screen_Shot_2015_04_09_at_6_16_46_PM.png

Picture of urn with left hand with a glove on but in the background you can see the right hand still without the glove holding an ipod (listening to the music). Looks like the same coat too.

Screen_Shot_2015_04_09_at_6_16_47_PM.png

So to me mystery and debate solved, its her. Yes? In the next scene she still has headphones on and is crying on the bed.

I'll reserve judgment on why she is dealing with his ashes now to when I see the scenes.

While rewatching the preview I was trying to determine who is that being carried on the beach and pulls down someone's bikini bottom. I think it's Heather being carried and Bethenny having her butt shown. If so Beth is pretty strong (Heather probably isn't heavy but she seems tall).

edited to make pics bigger. :)

Edited by jvr

I've very much enjoyed Carole's blog writing and think that she should just focus on shorter pieces - essays, feature writing - rather than tackle the "I'm writing a book" thing. And given her background, it'd be a more natural fit. But I guess it doesn't hold the same cache as "I'm working on a novel."

If I'm not mistaken, a book of essays is what her publisher is waiting on. 

To be fair it is only rumored that she dated Pauly Shore. Just as it is rumored that she dated George Clooney. 

The only way to be sure is if she eventually is tooling around the city with a big ass urn full of their ashes. That seems to be her thing.

It's not weird at all. I swear. I really mean it. It doesn't give me the heebie jeebies. Not even a little bit. Nosireee! 

• Love 1

Because that's all she has. Her late husband and a tenuous relationship to the Kennedy family.

That urn full of a quasi-Kennedy is her trademark. Sort of like Donald Trumps hair.

Seriously, she can't even bother to honor her contract? Really? It's not like she's writing WAR AND PEACE.
  • Love 1

How is it that a woman who is a real life princess, author,and vaguely connected to the Kennedy's be so boring. This woman actively tries to be interesting. She makes bizarre blowie comments, and dresses to attract attention. She tries so hard. So odd.

• Love 6

Carole has owned that space for how long? I have yet to read of any disaster befalling anyone who's visited her home because of the stairs. 

Maybe we need to be asking whose remains are really in the urns.

• Love 7

I'm honestly not trying to flame anyone here, but am curious why the urn creeps people out. Is it Carol carrying the urn, or the fact that she never did anything with Anthony's ashes?

I ask because I have my dad's ashes, and he passed away in 2003. I have left little amounts in places that were special to him, but the idea amongst my sisters and me is to wait until our mom passed too, and co-mingle their ashes. (Sorry if this getting too gross. I guess I've gotten so used to it that I see it in a matter-of-fact way.) Sometimes it does bug me - I wish my dad had a better "resting place" than the top of my piano. I see myself as the temporary custodian until he has a better place to go to.

(I guess everything's relative. I'm less weirded out by the urn and more by the fact that she had a sex dream about Bethenny :-p )

• Love 1

I'm not weirded out by anyone keeping ashes. To each their own. We don't even know if the ashes shown with Carol are Anthony. I don't trust Bravo's editing at all. What would be a big pile of crap is if Carole decides all of a sudden while she's a HW to use this as her storyline. It just wouldn't ring true as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 3

Why is she riding around with his ashes?  For someone who doesn't like to make hay about her Kennedy connections, here she is putting them front and center for a storyline.  That's probably the most personal and intimate thing in Carole's life, and she's parading it around for RHNYC?  Hmmm, Carole you're a full-fledged famewhore now.  I can't imagine his family is happy with this - not because it's drawing attention to it, but it just seems disrespectful to the dead.  Isn't this just a rehash of Sonja's Millou storyline?  Are we going to see his ashes blow back on them all?

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 5

I'm honestly not trying to flame anyone here, but am curious why the urn creeps people out. Is it Carol carrying the urn, or the fact that she never did anything with Anthony's ashes?

(I guess everything's relative. I'm less weirded out by the urn and more by the fact that she had a sex dream about Bethenny :-p )

I'm not creeped out by urns or ashes.  I'm creeped out by Carole allowing/suggesting this segment.  I wonder if when she was writing, "What Remains",  if she ever imagined lugging what remains around the city, in an urn for our entertainment. 

• Love 5

Why is she riding around with his ashes?  For someone who doesn't like to make hay about her Kennedy connections, here she is putting them front and center for a storyline.  That's probably the most personal and intimate thing in Carole's life, and she's parading it around for RHNYC?  Hmmm, Carole you're a full-fledged famewhore now.  I can't imagine his family is happy with this - not because it's drawing attention to it, but it just seems disrespectful to the dead.  Isn't this just a rehash of Sonja's Millou storyline?  Are we going to see his ashes blow back on them all?

How is Carole putting her Kennedy connections front and center? Because she talks about her husband's ashes (she says in the preview "my late husband")? 

I know that Sonja, while all weeble wobbling in the previews, proclaimed that she partied with John John all the time (to which Dorinda was, like, "girl, bye"), but I'm not seeing how Carole mentioning her late husband is her putting Kennedy connections front and center. It doesn't compute.

• Love 3

Hmmm. I did not use the word disgusting. I did NOT say it was just like George I used three qualifiers: not "exactly", "vaguely", and "a little" to differentiate. I stated that the young part wasn't even the problem for me, please allow me to clarify again because I did not explain myself well enough on my first post, clearly............

That it is the DISPLAY in the pursuit that rubs me the wrong way. It is over the top for a reaction. George's pursuit context is rated X. Carole's pursuit context is rated G or PG.  And nobody cares who either of them pursue why work it up for the audience?

Nothing. To. Do. With. Age.

Clear to me, AMFBI. Here is Carole flirting - "not exactly" but "vaguely" and "a little" like George.  WITH George. LOL.  

This particular display isn't rated G or PG like w/ Adam.  Wasn't G or PG when she was flirting with Beth, either.  But that's cool.  She's an adult.  I'm just pointing out that Carole is an equal opportunity bad flirter.

Watch Carole's face and body language as she woos George.  Hilarious.  Now mind you, in the screen cap below, it's Carole asking George when the last time he had sex was.  As she leans against him and gazes into his eyes.  Vom.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-5/episode-509/videos?clip=18909318

Tinder profile 6910001

Hi I would like to meet you. I enjoy going to the Hamptons, the Berkshires and Toys R Us. With my husbands ashes of course. It keeps me young. I hope you are young. Also that you work in some service position so I can hit on you at work. I am not looking for a peer because that is too much work. So if you are young and dumb and want to have some fun hit me up. I enclose a photo in the bath. Check out my great ass. Call me.

skeleton.jpg

• Love 9

Clear to me, AMFBI. Here is Carole flirting - "not exactly" but "vaguely" and "a little" like George.  WITH George. LOL.  

This particular display isn't rated G or PG like w/ Adam.  Wasn't G or PG when she was flirting with Beth, either.  But that's cool.  She's an adult.  I'm just pointing out that Carole is an equal opportunity bad flirter.

Watch Carole's face and body language as she woos George.  Hilarious.  Now mind you, in the screen cap below, it's Carole asking George when the last time he had sex was.  As she leans against him and gazes into his eyes.  Vom.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-5/episode-509/videos?clip=18909318

Can't re-watch, remembering George is torture enough. Yes, Carole was flirting, even though George was supposed to be set up with Sonja. Why? Just why.

• Love 2