Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

When will someone finally stop that dastardly Carole from practicing medicine without a license?  If she's not stopped from 'diagnosing' now, next she'll be injecting Fix-A-Flat into less than perky butts across South Beach!

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 2

Carole is nothing but dismissive of other people. Last year she started a war because Luann described herself as an Indian instead of a "Native American." Because who the hell are you to describe yourself and your ethnicity! She knows best!

Her first instinct when Aviva dissed her was to say "How dare you say that when you have never worked outside the home!"

She is one of the most arrogant and judgmental and dismissive of all of the housewives who obviously came on the show to be the super cool Greek chorus who would point out all the flaws of the lesser life forms.

How did that work out for her?

I'd say it worked out just fine and dandy.  She's just as happy with her life and her friends as she was before and still a successful writer.  But with a good deal more money (courtesy of Bravo) than she had before. 

So some people that she's never met on an internet forum (or possibly multiple forums) don't like her?  Doubt she's crying into her Wheaties over that. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5

How are they similar?

Well they are moderately successfully memoirists with an unusual obsession with "blowies." Both claim hook ups with sex symbol actors (Clooney/Butler) which seems to be something that slipped their memory or something they are sort ashamed about. Basically they are both dancing monkeys engaging in silly feuds for Andy Cohen.

She has to realize her true peers are now Brandi Glanville and Theresa Giudice not Margaret Atwood and Sylvia Plath.

Look at this way........at least she hasn't sunk to Tamara Judge levels. Yet.

• Love 4

Comparing What Remains to Brandi's Drinking and Tweeting with Eddie and LeAnn, or whatever it's called, is like comparing apples to spaceships, as shoegal said. Just because they're both memoirs? Carole is a Real Writer (Girl) (TM Aviva) who wrote her book long before Housewives was even on the radar. Brandi only penned her stupid book because of Housewives, capitalizing on her HW fame.

P.S. The ice bucket video was hilarious! Were those glass-shaped vessels? I can't believe how successful this fundraising idea has been for ALS. Too bad Heather wasn't with them. She is, by far, the most dedicated and serious supporter of charities in HW land. Some weeks she devotes her entire blog to the work of a charity. I think it's one of the reasons she signed up. Talk about using a platform for good.

• Love 6

So true. She is the Brandy Glanville of the New York housewives. Good times.

Hey, if we catch wind of Carol getting shitfaced and having to be carried out of parties and restaurants, flashing her lady parts as a result of going commando whilst intoxicated, whining and/or crying incessantly about ...oh everything, or any number of embarrassing publicity "stunts" that Brandi has pulled, I'll be the first one to say these 2 ladies might have something in common. 

Until then, nope.  Not even a little bit the same. 

• Love 7

I'm still really really surprised she went on this show at all.  I realize this is deeply hypocritical of me since I am an avid watcher of this stuff and consume Ho'Wives by the cartload.  But I would never ever ever ever world without end amen become a Ho'Wife and I can't help but think it has impacted on whatever 'serious' career she aspires to.  Even though I believe she would explain her decision in terms of meta-reality and post-modern ironical exposition.  Putting yourself on that show or any reality show makes no sense to me whatsoever no matter what promises are made by Andy Cohen.  Given the people she's known she could probably have gotten that book deal anyway for the essays and hung the novel on the back end of it.  If she's in tv she knows that the producers can do whatever they want with the acres of footage they have.  They can make her look great, they can make her look horrible, they can make her look pretentious and ridiculous--and they have.  She's handed her public image over to a bunch of people in an editing suite and she has no further control.  And people like me dissect her behaviour and take sides for her and against her.  It's not like she doesn't know what these shows are about.  I can only conclude that she's nowhere near as bright or as cool as she thinks she is.  It's hard to come out well on one of these shows.  I think Lisa Vanderpump has managed it.  LuAnn has done ok.  Bethenny I think is the shining star.  But Bethenny, as much as I suspect she is a horror show in real life, was refreshingly honest and unpretentious when she was on this show.  And Bethenny had nothing to lose.  Carole will now be a Ho'Wife for ever.  Reduced to a feud with Aviva.  How ridiculous and how avoidable.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 4

It's not like she doesn't know what these shows are about.  I can only conclude that she's nowhere near as bright or as cool as she thinks she is.

Here's an example of what you're talking about.  Not bright, not cool. 

Also interesting because it relates to the conversation about Aviva being the one responsible for a lot of Carole's behavior.  Here, even though Aviva is in the clip, Carole manages to make herself look like a ninny without any assistance from Aviva at all. 

Carole and Aviva shopping together, yeah.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-5/videos/a-friendship-on-the-verge

Edited by ryebread

It's hard to come out well on one of these shows..........Carole will now be a Ho'Wife for ever.  Reduced to a feud with Aviva.  How ridiculous and how avoidable.

Andy says again and again re: the HW's - be yourself, don't try to play a part. And I think the more likeable and engaging HW's are the ones who do this. That's one of the reasons I like Carole - she's showing her true self. You might not like what you see, but I do. Different strokes and all.

As for what she's gained from doing the show, not surprisingly, I see it differently. She's gained far more fans than detractors, increased book sales, whatever adventures filming and being on the show entails, a new and special friendship with Holla Girl, and I guess a lot of money and fame and notoriety. What's on the other side of this? A universally-hated and distrusted HW attacking her career, and a number of people who dissect her and don't like her that much, and say as much online. If you read Carole's twitter or her blogs, you'll see she doesn't care. She knew what she signed up for and takes the best and leaves the rest. All things considered, I think she's happy with the door she picked.

• Love 9

I'm still really really surprised she went on this show at all. I realize this is deeply hypocritical of me since I am an avid watcher of this stuff and consume Ho'Wives by the cartload. But I would never ever ever ever world without end amen become a Ho'Wife and I can't help but think it has impacted on whatever 'serious' career she aspires to. Even though I believe she would explain her decision in terms of meta-reality and post-modern ironical exposition. Putting yourself on that show or any reality show makes no sense to me whatsoever no matter what promises are made by Andy Cohen. Given the people she's known she could probably have gotten that book deal anyway for the essays and hung the novel on the back end of it. If she's in tv she knows that the producers can do whatever they want with the acres of footage they have. They can make her look great, they can make her look horrible, they can make her look pretentious and ridiculous--and they have. She's handed her public image over to a bunch of people in an editing suite and she has no further control. And people like me dissect her behaviour and take sides for her and against her. It's not like she doesn't know what these shows are about. I can only conclude that she's nowhere near as bright or as cool as she thinks she is. It's hard to come out well on one of these shows. I think Lisa Vanderpump has managed it. LuAnn has done ok. Bethenny I think is the shining star. But Bethenny, as much as I suspect she is a horror show in real life, was refreshingly honest and unpretentious when she was on this show. And Bethenny had nothing to lose. Carole will now be a Ho'Wife for ever. Reduced to a feud with Aviva. How ridiculous and how avoidable.

Ok here's how I think it happened. I think that Carole had spent the advance money for The Widow's Guide. Not surprising or a critism since even a very generous advance could go pretty easily over 4 or 5 years in NYC. I think when she finally turned in the finished copy of the book her publishing house was disappointed with the result. Not a critism of What Remains, fiction is a whole different beast. So basically her publisher read it and came to the conclusion that they have a so-so book in an genera crowded with so-so books and this is a wash. At the same time Andy is looking to recast NYC and he knows Carole from around and makes his pitch. Carole's agent

(or somebody like that) has a Come to Jesus talk with her that her publisher wasn't intending to get behind the book with a big publicity push and the reviews were not likely to be positive enough to create buzz so if she wanted to make money off this book she was going to have to find a way to promote it herself. In that light TRHONYC makes sense. It gives her immediate money and provides buzz for her book. Plus she got a pretty good edit last season so why not sign up for S2? I think the bookgate thing was her first hint that she might not be able to wag the dog.

• Love 2

As for what she's gained from doing the show, not surprisingly, I see it differently. She's gained far more fans than detractors, increased book sales, whatever adventures filming and being on the show entails, a new and special friendship with Holla Girl, and I guess a lot of money and fame and notoriety.

I'm not sure she's gained more fans than detractors.  I suspect numbers are about even on that.  The book sales on What Remains kicked up slightly and then went back down.  The Widow's Guide hasn't set the world afire and is a mediocre seller even by Ho'Wife book standards.  Maybe she thought this show might lead to stuff because she saw how Bethenny managed to parlay her stint on the show into $$$$$$$$.  But this one isn't Bethenny.  Who came across as authentic, vulnerable and witty as hell.  Carole's stunts all feel very carefully prepared.  Her apartment renovation, her 50th birthday demands, her 'walking dress' in Montana.  Feels like she sat down and thought all this shit up as part of her downtown cool persona.  I never thought that Bethenny prepared like that.  She may have but I didn't notice it.  She had the gift of apparent spontaneity.  Carole doesn't have that.  And here I am discussing her like meat on a butcher's counter.  The woman Carole aspires to be would hate that, I think.  And yet here she is on a reality show.  Getting into it with Aviva.

• Love 2

Bethenny went on HoWives and became a gazillionaire, and everyone thinks she's now every other HW's role model. She is - for some of them, but not all. Like I wrote earlier, I like Carole because she's authentic. She's not trying to be Bethenny, or anyone else for that matter. She's just being herself. If you don't like her persona or her books or her walking dress, that's fine, but it just means you don't like her, not the person she's trying to be.

Widow's Guide doesn't appear to be a great seller, but I did read that it's in its second printing. Plus, there's the tv show. Not to mention this reality show that we all watch. There's no question that sales of What Remains has increased significantly since she started on the show 2-3 years ago. And I can't get how anyone can call Carole's fans vs. detractors at 50/50. Obviously this is impossible to quantify, but the hate towards certain HW's is easy to find and all over the place. There's nary a blip for Carole.

• Love 7

Ok here's how I think it happened. I think that Carole had spent the advance money for The Widow's Guide. Not surprising or a critism since even a very generous advance could go pretty easily over 4 or 5 years in NYC. I think when she finally turned in the finished copy of the book her publishing house was disappointed with the result. Not a critism of What Remains, fiction is a whole different beast. So basically her publisher read it and came to the conclusion that they have a so-so book in an genera crowded with so-so books and this is a wash. At the same time Andy is looking to recast NYC and he knows Carole from around and makes his pitch. Carole's agent

(or somebody like that) has a Come to Jesus talk with her that her publisher wasn't intending to get behind the book with a big publicity push and the reviews were not likely to be positive enough to create buzz so if she wanted to make money off this book she was going to have to find a way to promote it herself. In that light TRHONYC makes sense. It gives her immediate money and provides buzz for her book. Plus she got a pretty good edit last season so why not sign up for S2? I think the bookgate thing was her first hint that she might not be able to wag the dog.

Interesting hypothesis. I'm looking forward to comments and other responses. I've got my popcorn ready.

• Love 1

Is this really an earth shattering theory, though? Hasn't Carole been up front about why she signed on? I'm fairly certain that in one of her interviews before this season aired she said that a friend of hers was pretty much like, "Uhhhh. You got bills to pay, right? Do the show."

• Love 6

Bethenny went on HoWives and became a gazillionaire, and everyone thinks she's now every other HW's role model. She is - for some of them, but not all. Like I wrote earlier, I like Carole because she's authentic. She's not trying to be Bethenny, or anyone else for that matter. She's just being herself. If you don't like her persona or her books or her walking dress, that's fine, but it just means you don't like her, not the person she's trying to be.

Widow's Guide doesn't appear to be a great seller, but I did read that it's in its second printing. Plus, there's the tv show. Not to mention this reality show that we all watch. There's no question that sales of What Remains has increased significantly since she started on the show 2-3 years ago. And I can't get how anyone can call Carole's fans vs. detractors at 50/50. Obviously this is impossible to quantify, but the hate towards certain HW's is easy to find and all over the place. There's nary a blip for Carole.

Completely agree. It would be interesting to see at this stage of the game how a good portion of the fans of the show felt, but it is harder to ascertain now that Bravo has disabled comments on the blogs. While not scientific by any means, this seemed to be the place that a lot of vocal fans landed to share their opinions.

The comments were up and running during the whole Bookgate saga however, and the reaction seemed pretty clear cut. I would conservatively guess that Carole's positive comments outweighed the negative ones about 10 to 1. She got more negative press last year when she seemed to stereotype a guy for being a Republican, than she ever did for engaging with Aviva.

Who knows why she came on the show or if she regrets it. I would say you could read something into her feelings by whether or not she returned, but there are too many dynamics that are unknown to us. What does her contract look like? Is she committed to coming back? Will Bravo want her back, considering she doesn't seem particularly comfortable creating drama just for the sake of drama? It would be interesting to hear her thoughts on this, and I feel sure that when she is done with Bravo, we will hear a lot.

I can see nothing that Carole has done that is inexcusable. Did she react in a manner that some folks would not have? Of course, but that is pretty much the case in every situation one can think of. No one outside the world of folks who watch these shows will know who Aviva is, or think of Carole as that gal who had a disagreement with her. I hardly think that will be her long-time claim to fame for the vast majority of folks. If her books are good, they will get read. If they are not, they won't. The fact that she was on this show, and did nothing to disgrace herself wouldn't - I would think - be a factor in detracting in any future success. One thing I am sure of, you can add my name to what appears to be a large number of folks who only bought her books because she was on this show. Without it, I would have had no idea who she was, or what a wonderful talent she has.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2

Completely agree. It would be interesting to see at this stage of the game how a good portion of the fans of the show felt, but it is harder to ascertain now that Bravo has disabled comments on the blogs. While not scientific by any means, this seemed to be the place that a lot of vocal fans landed to share their opinions.

The comments were up and running during the whole Bookgate saga however, and the reaction seemed pretty clear cut. I would conservatively guess that Carole's positive comments outweighed the negative ones about 10 to 1. She got more negative press last year when she seemed to stereotype a guy for being a Republican, than she ever did for engaging with Aviva.

I agree, motorcitymom, as usual. While the Bravo website used to be a really good indicator of like and dislike, Twitter has now taken over. Aviva, for example, has maybe one "fan" who tweets positive things (I'm putting fan in quotes b/c it's probably her), and a gazillion negative tweets. Carole gets her share of the negative, but it's overwhelmed by the fangirl/positive types. And if you read other blogs and forums and episode recaps, there's a lot of love for Carole out there. Have you read Brian Moylan's recaps? I think it's called "Vulture Culture" or something like that - I think he writes for NY magazine. He's such a staunch defender of Carole. And he's a great writer himself, so his blog is so well-written and smart.. Not just snarky.

Lastly, count me in as someone who only read What Remains after watching RH. I knew who Carole was, and I even remember her book debut and the Oprah appearance, but I just never got around to reading it. So I'm sure you and I are not alone on this one. Smart one, Carole.

• Love 1

Is this really an earth shattering theory, though? Hasn't Carole been up front about why she signed on? I'm fairly certain that in one of her interviews before this season aired she said that a friend of hers was pretty much like, "Uhhhh. You got bills to pay, right? Do the show."

Few things are earth shattering, except a big ass asteroid. I also read the interview you referred to but the theory I'm referring to is that she actually decided to use it as a platform to promote her book. She did host the book debut party her first year. No big deal if she planned this, it's just something I haven't heard posited before and found interesting. 

• Love 1

I agree, motorcitymom, as usual. While the Bravo website used to be a really good indicator of like and dislike, Twitter has now taken over. Aviva, for example, has maybe one "fan" who tweets positive things (I'm putting fan in quotes b/c it's probably her), and a gazillion negative tweets. Carole gets her share of the negative, but it's overwhelmed by the fangirl/positive types. And if you read other blogs and forums and episode recaps, there's a lot of love for Carole out there. Have you read Brian Moylan's recaps? I think it's called "Vulture Culture" or something like that - I think he writes for NY magazine. He's such a staunch defender of Carole. And he's a great writer himself, so his blog is so well-written and smart.. Not just snarky.

Lastly, count me in as someone who only read What Remains after watching RH. I knew who Carole was, and I even remember her book debut and the Oprah appearance, but I just never got around to reading it. So I'm sure you and I are not alone on this one. Smart one, Carole.

I am a huge fan of NY Mag in general, and Brian Moylan in particular.  I started posting links to his recaps a few weeks ago because I thought folks on this site would enjoy them. Not to be critical of other sites, but I thought the smart conversation on this site spoke to the fact the many here would love to hear such a smart voice on our guilty pleasure. While not on Vulture (NY Mag), he also posts links to other articles he writes about the HW shows on his Facebook page.  I love that he interacts with the commentators on Vulture and is honest about the gals he knows personally (or has met), and gives brief insights (Ramona is just as crazy in person as she is on the show). One of my favorite things he ever said about Bookgate in an earlier recap:

"This is the most justified and real fight in Real Housewives history"

I could not agree more. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure she's gained more fans than detractors.  I suspect numbers are about even on that.  The book sales on What Remains kicked up slightly and then went back down.  The Widow's Guide hasn't set the world afire and is a mediocre seller even by Ho'Wife book standards.  Maybe she thought this show might lead to stuff because she saw how Bethenny managed to parlay her stint on the show into $$$$$$$$.  But this one isn't Bethenny.  Who came across as authentic, vulnerable and witty as hell.  Carole's stunts all feel very carefully prepared.  Her apartment renovation, her 50th birthday demands, her 'walking dress' in Montana.  Feels like she sat down and thought all this shit up as part of her downtown cool persona.  I never thought that Bethenny prepared like that.  She may have but I didn't notice it.  She had the gift of apparent spontaneity.  Carole doesn't have that.  And here I am discussing her like meat on a butcher's counter.  The woman Carole aspires to be would hate that, I think.  And yet here she is on a reality show.  Getting into it with Aviva.

You have me looking at Carole in a new light.  I had always thought of her as a plodder but I can see that maybe a plotter is more accurate description.  I would like to add to your list of carefully prepared-the bear suit in Montana.  I felt like she underestimated the viewer as well as her co-stars intelligence with the stunt.  Since Carole seems to borrow most of her lines and conversation from pop culture she has fallen flat for me, especially the term "blowies",  I don't see her term catching on.  I think Carole was expecting to write some sort of insider book as a RH justifying her choice to become a RH.  Does the world need any more recap of the Aviva/Carole feud-I sure hope not.  It is Carole's RH legacy at this point.

I had always thought of her as a plodder but I can see that maybe a plotter is more accurate description.

But who isn't? Everything on this show is contrived to the extent that each HW is expected to have a storyline to offer. Carole doesn't have a physically challenged child (Heather, Kristen), marital problems that she feels comfortable discussing with a marriage counselor (Kristen), rekindling of an old flame (Sonja, although Sonja admitted to US Weekly that she and Ramona made up the whole "Harry gives Sonja a ring" plot point - talk about being a "plotter!"), or a 10-year anniversary (Heather). She's not facing an empty nest (Ramona), nor does she have an outrageous parent who can't stop talking about sex (Aviva). Oh, and she's not trying to make a burlesque career happen (Sonja).

OK, so what's left? People can't just see her sitting at her laptop all day. Her apartment "refresh" and her 50th birthday party were no more plotted out than anything else on the show. I think there's very little that's spontaneous about these shows, aside from the first season or two where everyone's finding their sea legs. (Ramona is a marked exception because she's so unfiltered and tone-deaf, she's bound to create a situation just by showing up at an event and opening her mouth.) The Jill and Bethenny feud had a certain spontaneity to it (from Bethenny's perspective) in that while Jill thought it would make for good TV, she failed to clue Bethenny in on it. Bethenny was naturally at ease in front of the cameras, but I don't doubt for a minute that she wasn't a "plotter." Of course she didn't see the Bacardi windfall coming, but that didn't stop her from hustling her brand whenever she could, and she did so before these RH shows were seen as a big launch-pad for product promotion. Bethenny just made it seem seamless, but that's not the same as spontaneous.

Bethenny's beef with Jill is also reminiscent of Carole's beef with Aviva: don't mess with my livelihood. By urging people not to film with Bethenny, Jill was doing just that, a point that Bethenny brought up at the reunion. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Carole's infallible. I just don't think she should be singled out for things that are part of the franchise and the HWs across the board. (Nor do I think Bethenny should get a pass, and Carole not get one, if these things are considered penalties.) And I don't think "I want people to read my books" is any less noble than "I want people to buy my fat-binding pantyhose (™ Aviva) / pinot grigio / TruRenewal skin care / toaster oven."

So basically her publisher read it and came to the conclusion that they have a so-so book in an genera crowded with so-so books and this is a wash. At the same time Andy is looking to recast NYC and he knows Carole from around and makes his pitch.

Maybe, but I thought Carole was still working on Widow's Guide when she came on the show. I vaguely remember her talking with her sister on the phone about it, and thought that the St. Bart's trip was partly a celebration of having completed it. I also thought that there was already interest in making a TV series of it, and shows have been optioned on far flimsier material.

• Love 4

I think Carole was expecting to write some sort of insider book as a RH justifying her choice to become a RH. Does the world need any more recap of the Aviva/Carole feud-I sure hope not. It is Carole's RH legacy at this point.

I disagree with this, but if true, then what sad commentary it provides on us as society. If this woman, who has covered wars, earned 3 Emmys and a Peabody, married a man who was already sick with cancer and lovingly cared for him until his death, been by all accounts a supportive and loyal friend, and written a best selling book that was met with wide critical acclaim, has a legacy that is defined by a passionate disagreement with a crazy lady for a couple of months last July, then that says something about the folks who watch this show that I find profoundly disappointing. I think that for the most part folks, even those that don't like her, are capable of separating the person than she is from something that she might have done or said while feeling angry and betrayed.

On second thought, maybe Carole wouldn't be upset about the fact that folks remembered her as someone who passionately defended something that was important to her in the face of a worthless crazy lady intent on causing pain to someone else simply because she had nothing better to do.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

I disagree with this, but if true, then what sad commentary it provides on us as society. If this woman, who has covered wars, earned 3 Emmys and a Peabody, married a man who was already sick with cancer and lovingly cared for him until his death, been by all accounts a supportive and loyal friend, and written a best selling book that was met with wide critical acclaim, has a legacy that is defined by a passionate disagreement with a crazy lady for a couple of months last July, then that says something about the folks who watch this show that I find profoundly disappointing. I think that for the most part folks, even those that don't like her, are capable of separating the person than she is from something that she might have done or said while feeling angry and betrayed.

On second thought, maybe Carole wouldn't be upset about the fact that folks remembered her as someone who passionately defended something that was important to her in the face of a worthless crazy lady intent on causing pain to someone else simply because she had nothing better to do.

Carole life and Carole's RH legacy are two different things.  Take Edith Flagg from "Million Dollar Listing", she had an amazing life but what I will always see her as is the devoted grandmother of Josh Flagg and the very special love the two shared.  That is Edith's MDL legacy to me. RIP dear Edith.

My point was Carole will always have the Aviva asterisk when the history of RHONYC is told.  I am of the belief that a lunatic taking potshots at your career does not hurt your career.  What I saw was a number of people defending Carole's work as a writer and virtually no one buying into Aviva's gossip.  It still doesn't change the fact Carole went in eyes wide open to a reality TV show, hoping to hype her book, where the women are regularly trashed be it their marriage, relationship, parenting skills or career.  Her book was hyped and it drew attention to present day writing career and life instead of the life of the wife of a Kennedy cousin. 

I do have to say the new commercial with she and Heather is just sooooooo bad.  You can see the false eyelashes-the ones you don't have to wear if you use the product she is promoting.  So Carole is running with the RHONYC character she created.

• Love 1

I think it is obvious that most of Carole's segments were plotted out to define the persona that she wanted to project. It just seemed to me that she was high half the time so what seemed funny and charming while she was sharing a doobie with the production assistants didn't actually play out that way on camera. Not to say that being mellow is not the best thing to do when dealing with the likes of Aviva and Ramona. It is easier on your liver than buckets of Pinot.

Now that marijuana is almost becoming legal she might think about going into it as a business like Skinny Girl. Think of it. "Princess Carole in a Can." The possibilities are endless.

• Love 3
It just seemed to me that she was high half the time

Really?? LOL! That hadn't crossed my mind (and yes, I've smoked the weed myself so no judgments). I hadn't pegged Carole as a stoner but I guess I tend to think that when people pass a certain age, their drug of choice evolves, mostly to single-malt scotch or red wine. Maybe her younger neighbor with the hipster name hooked her up with a source?

But now that I think about it, she was smoking pink cigarettes last season and tried to jokingly make a case (in front of Aviva, no less) that since they were PINK, they were frivolous and it wasn't REALLY smoking. How harmful could pink cigarettes be? So, maybe you're onto something, Trooper York. Princess Carole in the Can, complete with pastel-colored rolling papers. And a pocket-sized journal with which to keep track of profound stoned thoughts.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1

I understand that Andy says 'show yourself as you are' and that is very good advice.  But unfortunately all we get to see is what the show wants us to see and those guys can make anything out of anything.  So even the most even-tempered and rational of Ho'Wives can look like a complete bitch if that's what the producers want to happen.

• Love 2

But now that I think about it, she was smoking pink cigarettes last season and tried to jokingly make a case (in front of Aviva, no less) that since they were PINK, they were frivolous and it wasn't REALLY smoking. How harmful could pink cigarettes be? So, maybe you're onto something, Trooper York. Princess Carole in the Can, complete with pastel-colored rolling papers.

I kind of figured she had to be stoned to be editing Wiki pages in the middle of the night and then stoned again when she admitted that she edits Wiki pages. 

Actually, Princess Carole in a Can isn't a bad idea.   There was a program the other night about the legalization of the weed and how legally growing it is going to be a gazillion dollar industry by the end of the decade.  More lucrative than the tobacco industry because the medical industry and insurance companies are getting involved.  Carole should have included some grow lights in her office/kitchen renovation. Maybe that's what the reflective ceiling in the living room is for.

It is easier on your liver than buckets of Pinot.

I think a roomful of stoned Housewives would be easier on everybody than a roomful of drunk Housewives.

You can see the false eyelashes-the ones you don't have to wear if you use the product she is promoting.

Does anyone have a link to the commercial Heather and Carole are in?  False eyelashes, huh?  On the clip I posted the other day from Aviva's party, you can see when Heather and Carole are talking, they're both wearing false eyelashes and the glue is so wet and heavy that it still appears white.  It's supposed to dry clear.  I wonder if they took turns applying each others' or if only one person can take credit for that mess.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

I think a roomful of stoned Housewives would be easier on everybody than a roomful of drunk Housewives.

Does anyone have a link to the commercial Heather and Carole are in?  False eyelashes, huh?  On the clip I posted the other day from Aviva's party, you can see when Heather and Carole are talking, they're both wearing false eyelashes and the glue is so wet and heavy that it still appears white.  It's supposed to dry clear.  I wonder if they took turns applying each others' or if only one person can take credit for that mess.

The commercial runs on Bravo-I know not a big help.  I think it is Bravo specific though.  Carole mentioned it in her blog and Heather tweeted about it. I thought with Kristen being a model they might have used her.  Carole and Heather would not be my first choice to sell cosmetics. 

• Love 2

Went looking on Carole's and Heather's Twitter pages for the commercial.  No luck.  But came upon an interesting tweet from yesterday from Carole.

Carole Radziwill
‏@CaroleRadziwill   It says I'll have a fabulous year, that I enjoy a peaceful environment. I will also avoid discord. So long RHONY. :)  http://www.cafeastrology.com/birthday/august20_2014.html

I hope that doesn't mean forever.  Also...

Carole Radziwill @CaroleRadziwill     ·   Aug 14   

I was at The Nines Hotel in Portland last night & they don't have USA channel. Seriously? I couldn't watch SUITS. #boycottNINES @Suits_USA

Boycotting the Nines for not having the USA Channel?  Isn't that messing with the livelihoods of the hotel workers? LOL

She was asking for votes, in CAPS! for the Best Housewife Ever Award on E.  Did she win?

Carole Radziwill·   Aug 18   

Whoo hoo!!! The Best Ever. I bet they say that to all the girls.  VOTE. :)

https://twitter.com/eonlineTV/status/501490185524088832

E! Online TV Scoop @eonlineTV   @CaroleRadziwill Congrats! You are up for E!’s Best Housewife Ever

Went looking on Carole's and Heather's Twitter pages for the commercial. No luck. But came upon an interesting tweet from yesterday from Carole.

I hope that doesn't mean forever. Also...

Boycotting the Nines for not having the USA Channel? Isn't that messing with the livelihoods of the hotel workers? LOL

She was asking for votes, in CAPS! for the Best Housewife Ever Award on E. Did she win?

I think I liked her better when she was just trying to be cool, not popular...

• Love 1

I sometimes also feel like things are done/said to elicit an "Oh, that Carol is so eccentric/witty/super cool!" response, instead of Carol just being those things naturally. That said, I did enjoy the silly pranks as fillers here and there. I also ate up the walking dress scene and I would have gone back for seconds had she also brought a frilly umbrella to twirl around while she walked. The juxtaposition of the other two ladies in practical jeans/shorts against the pink walking dress just tickled my eyeballs. It was absolutely ridiculous, but enjoyable enough that I didn't care if it was a calculated stunt.

As for the "blowies" word...  Carol, for the love of everything, please do not use that word again. Please. It sounds like something a young girl who just learned what a blow job is would say as she is coyly explaining it to her BFF.

Overall, I agree that Carol is probably getting more out of the show than whatever negative may come of it. She doesn't seem to have people who actively hate her like Aviva seems to have. Some people, like me, are hot and cold when it comes to Carol, but even those who claim to dislike her don't reach the levels of hate that is out there for other housewives. And while I think she was inexcusable in somethings she did, I don't think the ghostwriter stuff is going to have any kind of negative impact on her career or her life. In fact, I think it will benefit her in a "no publicity is bad publicity" sort of way. I mean, the way her staunch defenders talk about her memoir made me, someone who had never heard of Carol before her appearance on RHONY, buy it.

Aviva....um, well she might be able to sell her leg on EBay if she ever gets a new replacement.

I've seen dentures on eBay, so I have no doubt she can sell one of her fancy legs. But...I think she could make even more money by selling the leg she threw in the last scene. She could autograph it, make sure it is wearing the same shoe, and sell it as a collector's item to a Bravo junkie somewhere.

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 3

I've seen dentures on eBay, so I have no doubt she can sell one of her fancy legs. But...I think she could make even more money by selling the leg she threw in the last scene. She could autograph it, make sure it is wearing the same shoe, and sell it as a collector's item to a Bravo junkie somewhere.

'T'would make an interesting lamp.

• Love 7

As for the "blowies" word...  Carol, for the love of everything, please do not use that word again. Please. It sounds like something a young girl who just learned what a blow job is would say as she is coyly explaining it to her BFF.

I've joked about how her feet on the dashboard bugged me - I know, no biggie.  But it's that in addition to the 'blowies', the pigtails, the big fuss over her own birthday party, the 2014 version of a 1975 prank call - the Wiki Edit. The M&Ms and pizza as major food source, the extreme awkwardness when dating.  Didn't she stand on the hood of the car when Ramona flew away from the Berkshires? The bear costume, while it might have been entertaining  - hmm.  I don't know. I'm not saying that just because you're 50 you have to stop doing any of these things. But when you're 50 and doing ALL these things, it says something.  I'm just not sure what. LOL  If her next walking dress ensemble includes a necklace made of elbow macaroni on a string, then I'll know she's putting us on.  Or really just weird.

I think this is why Heather feels the need to protect her.  She views her as a 11 year old girl.

• Love 5

I've joked about how her feet on the dashboard bugged me - I know, no biggie.  But it's that in addition to the 'blowies', the pigtails, the big fuss over her own birthday party, the 2014 version of a 1975 prank call - the Wiki Edit. The M&Ms and pizza as major food source, the extreme awkwardness when dating.  Didn't she stand on the hood of the car when Ramona flew away from the Berkshires? The bear costume, while it might have been entertaining  - hmm.  I don't know. I'm not saying that just because you're 50 you have to stop doing any of these things. But when you're 50 and doing ALL these things, it says something.  I'm just not sure what. LOL  If her next walking dress ensemble includes a necklace made of elbow macaroni on a string, then I'll know she's putting us on.  Or really just weird.

I think this is why Heather feels the need to protect her.  She views her as a 11 year old girl.

I think it says do what you want to do and to hell with what people think about it.  If you want to put your feet up on the dash while in a convertible through Times Square with your boyfriend, do it.  If you want to stand on the hood of the car in watch a plane take off, do it.  If you want to wear your walking dress, while walking, do it!  These things hurt no one and if they make you feel good, screw what people will think of you and do it.

Or, in my language, fuck 'em.     

• Love 12

OK, cover your eyes because I know you're not going to like this, but that's why at times she reminds me of Kelly. The teenage-y vibe she gives off sometimes, plus a few other things, sooo Kelly.

It would have been nice if they we would have been able to see some dates the matchmaker set up for her, but then I think her of awkward date with the actor and not a good idea. That was so disappointing because we've seen her be naturally flirty on several occasions.   

• Love 1

OK, cover your eyes because I know you're not going to like this, but that's why at times she reminds me of Kelly. The teenage-y vibe she gives off sometimes, plus a few other things, sooo Kelly.

It would have been nice if they we would have been able to see some dates the matchmaker set up for her, but then I think her of awkward date with the actor and not a good idea. That was so disappointing because we've seen her be naturally flirty on several occasions.   

No, no!  I agree with you about Kelly.  And when it's time for Carole to become the underdog on this show, assuming it/she is coming back, I'll probably be a semi-champion for her, too. 

That was so disappointing because we've seen her be naturally flirty on several occasions.

Has she successfully flirted with anyone over the age of 30, though?  I honestly can't remember. Going for the younger men isn't a bad thing but maybe the younger guys are who she's naturally attracted to and who are attracted to her.  I find her to be immature-ish and imo, like attracts like.  Lu went for a younger man in Jacques but he had a certain sophistication that made him more her equal.

I wish they would have followed Carole's dating life a little more.  But maybe there was nothing more.

• Love 1

No, no!  I agree with you about Kelly.  And when it's time for Carole to become the underdog on this show, assuming it/she is coming back, I'll probably be a semi-champion for her, too. 

Has she successfully flirted with anyone over the age of 30, though?  I honestly can't remember. Going for the younger men isn't a bad thing but maybe the younger guys are who she's naturally attracted to and who are attracted to her.  I find her to be immature-ish and imo, like attracts like.  Lu went for a younger man in Jacques but he had a certain sophistication that made him more her equal.

I wish they would have followed Carole's dating life a little more.  But maybe there was nothing more.

Carole flirted with Mario because she likes flirting with friends' husbands.  Given Ramona's present situation I am sure those are words Carole would like to take back. 

I don't think Carole will be an underdog-I think she, LuAnn and Heather will become very smug and very superior to Ramona and Sonja and desperately hope something develops in the way of a storyline.