Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

It could have been worse. Anwar or Yolanda could’ve been involved. 

Bella’s body does not look like that, plus she’s shorter than Gigi. I hope that’s just her head pasted onto a body double. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

It could have been worse. Anwar or Yolanda could’ve been involved. 

Bella’s body does not look like that, plus she’s shorter than Gigi. I hope that’s just her head pasted onto a body double. 

Both sisters look photoshopped! The length of their faces/necks and Bella's body look stretched/elongated. LOL

• Love 5

Naked sisters scissoring?  Hard pass.

...while billionaire yacht owners just get hard. Tag team = more $$$$. 

The most surprising thing about those pics is that GiGi's mouth is closed. 

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:50 PM, zoeysmom said:

Cute photo of a young Gigi- How long has Yolanda been dying her hair?

I recently googled the Hadid children when they were young.  I was inspired by Yolanda's nauseating speech about being yourself, and looking as God created you - given to a model with bleached hair and tinted contacts.  Other than the the fact that Yo herself bleached her hair, wore extensions, had implants, and did things to her face, I was pretty sure that besides the nose jobs, Bella was not naturally black-haired.  It sure looked to me that all the Hadid children had blond hair, with Bella's being the darkest blonde.  I really think Bella dyes her hair to fulfill Yo's "white swan, black swan" bunko.  

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, Kokapetl said:

Yolanda bought a fancy lavender farm.

Did Yolanda get that big of a payoff from David Foster?  One would think that he had learned that his marriages always fail.  But hey, Yolanda has to be the most successful trophy wife out there.  Six years to a billionaire - be sure to pop out as many kids as possible, and six years to a millionaire - make sure to drive him crazy.  Since Yo knew at the age of six that she was solely responsible for caring for herself, her mother, and her brother, you'd think "Mommy" would be living in a nicer house in the Netherlands.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Both sisters look photoshopped! The length of their faces/necks and Bella's body look stretched/elongated. LOL

Why has Yolanda not yet retweeted this pic with her usual #proudmommy post, with some sort of Sister Love caption?

Hmmmm.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6
On 1/30/2018 at 12:11 PM, WireWrap said:

They do look elongated, like an outtake from a horror movie  ("Children of The Slender Man"),

8 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

And it is generating a lot of criticism on social media. 

Good,

It's a truly vile photo (and I'm just waiting for Mr Edgy Photographer, Steven Meisel, to be next on the Creepy Guy List.)

• Love 9
11 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

It's not fake. And it is generating a lot of criticism on social media. 

It is beyond creepy. 

2 hours ago, film noire said:

They do look elongated, like an outtake from a horror movie  ("Children of The Slender Man"),

Good,

It's a truly vile photo (and I'm just waiting for Mr Edgy Photographer, Steven Meisel, to be next on the Creepy Guy List.)

How could they have been convinced that this was a good idea?

• Love 10

This is the type of thing that I worry about when it comes to the Hadid daughters. Their mother has offered them up as pieces of meat so that they can have the careers that she never had. She has made sure that they have the plastic surgery and the food issues that will make them "successful" but she hasn't nurtured a love of learning in them at all. I just hope they have trustworthy folks around them to help them manage their money for when they are no longer a hot commodity, so that they don't have to rely on their family's money in their later life. Because if not, they are destined to be Yolanda: looking for wealthy men to marry and then faking illnesses to improve their divorce settlements. It may be the life that Yolanda knows and is comfortable with, but I wish she wanted more than that for them. 

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

This is the type of thing that I worry about when it comes to the Hadid daughters. Their mother has offered them up as pieces of meat so that they can have the careers that she never had. She has made sure that they have the plastic surgery and the food issues that will make them "successful" but she hasn't nurtured a love of learning in them at all. I just hope they have trustworthy folks around them to help them manage their money for when they are no longer a hot commodity, so that they don't have to rely on their family's money in their later life. Because if not, they are destined to be Yolanda: looking for wealthy men to marry and then faking illnesses to improve their divorce settlements. It may be the life that Yolanda knows and is comfortable with, but I wish she wanted more than that for them. 

I wonder if she schooled them on how to marry a rich man a la Big Kathy 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Yolanda makes Big Kathy look like an amateur when it comes to being a gold digger and teaching kids how to sang a rich guy/easy lifestyle! LOL 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

A harsh but fair assessment of Yolanda, imo. (eta: "harsh"  is not a criticism -- I think Yolanda has earned a stern gaze.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I don't worry about these girls losing their money anytime soon.  Their dignity is another story.  They will go on forever with branding deals.  At this point I do believe there will be more of a concerted effort to keep these girls from marrying someone they love and the right wallet.     

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm not defending Big Kathy, but we never saw Kathy, Kim, or Kyle naked for the sake of fame. Big Kathy obviously wanted her girls to marry wealth, but there is something about Yolanda's approach that is much more exploitative, IMO. Big Kathy was about the girls showing some sort of talent. "If you get this part, then you can have this..." With Yolanda, it's more, "there's nothing wrong with being completely naked in front of these strangers because that is what modeling is." And, I get that modeling is a "get naked and we'll tell you if you can make it" industry, but there is something about Yolanda's approach that gives me the creeps. Gigi was just barely 18 (if she actually was when the photo was taken) when we saw her first nude photo. And, I get that nudity isn't a big deal in European countries, but there was something about her being so vulnerable and young and naked to show off a handbag, that I can't understand why a mother would sign off on it. 

I have issues with Yolanda that have nothing to do with the Richards sisters. So maybe, I am not the one to comment on any of it.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I'm not defending Big Kathy, but we never saw Kathy, Kim, or Kyle naked for the sake of fame. Big Kathy obviously wanted her girls to marry wealth, but there is something about Yolanda's approach that is much more exploitative, IMO. Big Kathy was about the girls showing some sort of talent. "If you get this part, then you can have this..." With Yolanda, it's more, "there's nothing wrong with being completely naked in front of these strangers because that is what modeling is." And, I get that modeling is a "get naked and we'll tell you if you can make it" industry, but there is something about Yolanda's approach that gives me the creeps. Gigi was just barely 18 (if she actually was when the photo was taken) when we saw her first nude photo. And, I get that nudity isn't a big deal in European countries, but there was something about her being so vulnerable and young and naked to show off a handbag, that I can't understand why a mother would sign off on it. 

I have issues with Yolanda that have nothing to do with the Richards sisters. So maybe, I am not the one to comment on any of it.

If you think Yo gave you the creeps in her white Beverly Hills robe, you haven't watched her new model show.  Just when I thought I'd navigated "slappable" ...

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Mohammed accused of rape.

How is it that she never went to the police, even after she tweeted this? If this is untrue, I hope Mohammad follows through and goes after her for defamation. 

• Love 4

In the Vogue photos, I think Gigi look the best on the cover, while Bella is more striking in the scissoring picture.  Bella is more suited to the more editorial looks, while Gigi is more of the All American Girl look.  

I still think Bella looked more interesting before her plastic surgery, more exotic.  Now she's more cookie cutter.  

I wonder how long Yo has been "training" her kids on how to get ahead, whom to marry.  She could offer college course in gold digging.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Why would Gigi or Bella need to gold dig anyone? Between what they will be inheriting from Mohammed and Yolanda, they're already set for life.

Yolanda's income from modeling alone would not have provided her the lymeslifestyle which she is comfortable. Yolanda is just teaching her girls what she learned to get her to the place where she doesn't have to work for her money.

• Love 5

Who gives a shit how mom made her money? Again, her kids are set for life, so it isn't like this is something she needs to pass on to them, nor is there any evidence that this is something she is passing on to them to begin with. Gold digging suggests a poor person who needs to marry a rich person. Her kids are not poor. If anything, her kids need to watch out for gold diggers more than the other way around.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

Who gives a shit how mom made her money? Again, her kids are set for life, so it isn't like this is something she needs to pass on to them, nor is there any evidence that this is something she is passing on to them to begin with. Gold digging suggests a poor person who needs to marry a rich person. Her kids are not poor. If anything, her kids need to watch out for gold diggers more than the other way around.

I feel sorry for these girls. They have been taught to make as much money now while they have the chance, while they are young and while they have the bodies/social media/ opportunities to get rich before they lose that opportunity. 

The recent photo of the Hadid girls, sisters, naked, in a provocative pose together is so damn sad. Some fucking asshole like Weinstein got his rocks off talking them into that. 

Poor kids, I wish someone was looking out for them.

• Love 4

They have been taught to make as much money now while they have the chance, while they are young and while they have the bodies/social media/ opportunities to get rich before they lose that opportunity. 

Or enjoy life and have fun with whatever career they choose, since mom and dad are rich and they won't have to worry about making money.

Some fucking asshole like Weinstein got his rocks off talking them into that. 

Maybe, maybe not. None of us were there when the shoot was being set up, or when the girls agreed to it.

Poor kids, I wish someone was looking out for them.

No need to feel sorry for them, they seem to be living happy lives with productive careers.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Or enjoy life and have fun with whatever career they choose, since mom and dad are rich and they won't have to worry about making money.

Maybe, maybe not. None of us were there when the shoot was being set up, or when the girls agreed to it.

No need to feel sorry for them, they seem to be living happy lives with productive careers.

Mom and Dad being rich and not having to worry about money does not = happiness. How many times have we seen this end up in disaster?

If those girls agreed to this, with someone (thinking a Weinsten like person) telling them that it was a good decision.... well, that is just sad.

Again, I feel sorry for those girls. 

I felt that from the moment that Momma Yolanda (#proudmommy) suggested eating two almonds really slow, when Gigi felt dizzy from not eating. Oh my God. What kind of mom suggests that?

Yolanda is not a good mom, and it wouldn't surprise me if she encouraged the awful naked sisters pic.

• Love 3

Mom and Dad being rich and not having to worry about money does not = happiness. How many times have we seen this end up in disaster?

I pointed out them being rich in repsonse to your constant saying how mom was teaching her kids to be gold digging hos who need to model NOW NOW NOW! before their looks fade and get those coins NOW NOW NOW!

If those girls agreed to this, with someone (thinking a Weinsten like person) telling them that it was a good decision.... well, that is just sad.

Why would you assume it is a Weinsten like person? Other than to drag in a very nasty connotation into this, like, whoever arranged that cover is out there raping women or something? We have no idea who arranged that photo shoot or came up with it.

Again, I feel sorry for those girls. 

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I felt that from the moment that Momma Yolanda (#proudmommy) suggested eating two almonds really slow, when Gigi felt dizzy from not eating. Oh my God. What kind of mom suggests that?

Yolanda is not a good mom, and it wouldn't surprise me if she encouraged the awful naked sisters pic.

Again, agree to disagree. Overall, her kids seem well adjusted and doing ok in their careers and social lives.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I pointed out them being rich in repsonse to your constant saying how mom was teaching her kids to be gold digging hos who need to model NOW NOW NOW! before their looks fade and get those coins NOW NOW NOW!

Why would you assume it is a Weinsten like person? Other than to drag in a very nasty connotation into this, like, whoever arranged that cover is out there raping women or something? We have no idea who arranged that photo shoot or came up with it.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Again, agree to disagree. Overall, her kids seem well adjusted and doing ok in their careers and social lives.

Actually, just disagreeing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I agree. "What were they thinking?" doesn't even begin to address it. That photo is so sick, so toxic -- and in the wake of #metoo,  it's particularly chilling, imo. Women are rising up eveywhere, insisting our bodies aren't disposable pieces of meat or rape toys or eye candy existing only to sexually excite the sickest of all male gazes (as in this repugnant photo) and out trots this fucked-up image,  this sleek proof that yes, it doesn't matter WHAT relationship a woman has with someone else, it must ALWAYS be sexualized. Sisters? Who gives fuck.  Every female body is public property and for public consumption, so press your pudenda close together, smile and say "Incest" for the camera.  Disgusting. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

I thought the #metoo movement was about women being allowed to express themselves as they want to without having to apologize for it or fear for being sexually assaulted by men.

If a photo like that is going to cause men to start masturbating uncontrollably or worse assault a woman, then the picture isn't the disgusting part, the male mentality is.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

I thought the #metoo movement was about women being allowed to express themselves as they want to without having to apologize for it or fear for being sexually assaulted by men.

Not sure what you mean by this so I'll wait until you clarify -- but overall, the movement is about survivors of harassment, molestation, rape -- or rape culture itself (which includes every girl/woman in this society, imo) confronting all the ways our culture facilitates the degradation of women, and educating people as to how that shit plays out.  Part of that is examining all the subtle and not-so-subtle images of woman-as-object (versus images of women expressing personhood/sexual agency) and how they contribute to rape culture. And taking a relationship that is as profundly non-sexual in nature as you can find (sisters) and turning it into a sexualized/ incestuous presentation is absolutely part of that culture.  

If Yolanda knew about the premise of the shoot before it started, and did not urge her daughters to step back, she did not do right by them either as a mother (the more important role for her here) or as a career advisor, imo. 

And I wouldn't be surprised if the photographer, Meisel, has a history of pressuring models, or surprised if his name turns up, down the line, on the list of pig men (Weinstein, Spacey, etc).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

I know what the movement is about. I just don't see this picture as being a direct relation of that movement. It seems to be placing the fault on the women, to a degree, and not the men. You could be naked or covered in a burqa, if a man is a pig/sexual predator, it makes no difference to him.

Unless Bella and Gigi had a gun pointed at their heads to have that picture taken, I'd say they had enough agency when deciding to be a part of it. And I'd also say their careers are big enough for them to pick and choose what projects they want.

It's a dumb picture, for sure, but tying it into the #metoo movement just doesn't work for me, IMO.

Then again, what do I know, I think having the female CEO of Pepsi Co. signing off and supporting dainty Ladies Doritos is much more insulting to women than this picture.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I know what the movement is about. I just don't see this picture as being a direct relation of that movement. It seems to be placing the fault on the women, to a degree, and not the men. 

I didn't say the picture would cause women to be raped; I said it contributed to rape culture.

And talking about the content of images created to specifically serve the male gaze, and looking at the impact of those images, is not equivalent to blaming any woman for being sexualy assaulted.  

Unless Bella and Gigi had a gun pointed at their heads to have that picture taken

The Hadid sisters could easily have faced the same harassment actresses have described facing - no need of a gun or violence for either of those two young women to believe they had to please/obey a famous "edgy" photographer in order to get ahead.  (btw, for anybody in this thread interested in this topic, there's a great discussion in a forum called "Hollywood's Dirty Little (Open) Secrets: Harvey Weinstein and Others Like Him").

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

I didn't say the picture would cause women to be raped; I said it contributed to rape culture.

Which is kind of the same thing.

And talking about the content of images created to specifically serve the male gaze, and looking at the impact of those images, is not equivalent to blaming any woman for being sexualy assaulted. 

But you're still blaming the women for participating. The real blame should be on the men who commit those disgusting acts, regardless of what it is those images.

The Hadid sisters could easily have faced the same harassment actresses have described facing - no need of a gun or violence for either of those two young women to believe they had to please/obey a famous "edgy" photographer in order to get ahead. 

If it was Rinna's kids, I might go with that. But I think the Hadid sisters can be much more selective with what they choose to do and what they choose not to do.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, film noire said:

smile and say "Incest" for the camera.  

You see incest in that image?  I am female and a feminist and I know mileage varies but holy moly I am floored by your perception. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, film noire said:

The Hadid sisters could easily have faced the same harassment actresses have described facing - no need of a gun or violence for either of those two young women to believe they had to please/obey a famous "edgy" photographer in order to get ahead.  (btw, for anybody in this thread interested in this topic, there's a great discussion in a forum called "Hollywood's Dirty Little (Open) Secrets: Harvey Weinstein and Others Like Him").

I think my daughters would chose NOT to get ahead.  I mean it's not exactly like they need the money. They are willing participants in a contract or, are they perceived as too incompetent to make choices?

• Love 3

But I think the Hadid sisters can be much more selective with what they choose to do and what they choose not to do.

Harassment can happen to any woman, at any level. 

Gwyneth Paltrow was Hollywood royalty (rich famous parents, her  godfather literally Spielberg)  and with ten movies to her credit already (including "Seven" and "Emma") when Weinstein  ended a meeting with her by harassing her. Ashley Judd was the daughter of a storied musical family, with all the money in the world at her feet, and a rising career when Weinstein tried to force sexual contact. And the list goes on -- many of them women who supposedly could be "much more  selective with what they choose to do" who are nevertheless survivors of one of Hollywood's most prestigious and sexually criminal producers.  That's how it works.

And (as I've said) I have no idea if the Hadid girls were harassed or pressured by Meisel, but I wouldn't  be surprised if he's the next fashion pig exposed. Lots of model stories here, describing how this kind of shit happens:

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a12817440/models-sexual-assault-stories-fashion-industry/

Sadly, I'm guessing Yolanda  (given her age) probably thinks this is just part of what a model has to endure to become succesful.

But you're still blaming the women for participating. 

Please don't put words in my mouth -- especially regarding rape/rape culture and how women are situated within it - I did not blame those girls (or any woman) for anything.  And I'll leave the discussion of this topic with you at that, because it's far too important to me to be subjected to an endless back and forth of  me having to correct being misinterpreted, or misquoted etc. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I mean it's not exactly like they need the money. 

You're right, it's not likely the money driving these girls (although it is  possible they want the freedom of earning their own cash) but modeling is also about other equally powerful motivators -- being seen, recognized, feeling special, being an object of envious attention, etc. And they're part of a generation that lives for that visibility in a way no previous generation has. Also, as the daughters of a  stage mother who groomed them for this career for years, that's tied into suceeding, making Mommy proud, etc  as well, imo.

They are willing participants in a contract or, are they perceived as too incompetent to make choices?

I have no idea if they were willing. My comments (about harassment) were meant to rebut the idea that privileged women in modeling (and acting) can't be harassed or coerced.

If you want to catch some direct footage of Yolanda's warped views about the sexualization of underage girls, though, you should watch some of the recent episodes of Lifetime show, in which she repeatedly admonishes the mom of a 13-year-old for objecting to Yo and a handsy photographer posing that 13-year-old on the beach in an unbuttoned shirt falling off of her shoulder to convey the suggestion of nudity underneath the shirt. And then tells the mother that she did something way more inappropriate by putting the daughter in heels for a runway challenge. 

How awful -- glad I sidestepped the show -- Yo's reaction to the photo was interesting, imo:

"It's been called "creepy," and "incestuous" and straight up "no bueno" ... but Yolanda Hadid says she LOVES the new pic of her naked daughters' hooha-to-hooha shot on the cover of Vogue...It's definitely sexually charged ... which is weird because, you know ... THEY'RE SISTERS!!

Mama Hadid ain't creeped out at all -- giving her seal of approval in Bev Hills -- "Love the skin you're in, baby!" But when asked specifically if she thought the cover was incestuous, Yolanda clammed up."

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/31/yolanda-hadid-daughters-naked-photo-shoot-vogue/

"Disgusting acts" do not occur in a vacuum. And culture can certainly normalize specific idioms that reinforce the synonymy of women with mechanisms of sexual gratification and objects of violence. 

Well said.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4