Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

To the moving/construction guys, she jumped on them for not knowing how to speak fluent English. She got on her soapbox and preached about how they need to go to school and learn English.

This whole exchange was really interesting, and divided the audience on the Bravo Blogs like crazy at the time. Yo was very beloved back then, so she had many who were taking up for her and thanking her for speaking the truth. Her comments at the time were that she also spoke a different language when she landed in the US, but that she worked hard to learn English so she could be successful. It was comical to me that she compared her own experience - a young, beautiful blonde coming to the US to model, staying in nice hotels with TV's in the room, speaking with other people who primarily spoke English, and surrounded by people with money who wanted her to be successful - with the experience of the guy helping to move furniture into her home. She was able to easily focus on learning English in her privileged world, so why couldn't he? I thought it was horrific to tell him such a thing. 

• Love 19

Also just about all the Dutch people I know are taught English from a very early age and speak the language extremely well.  That's why Dutch publishers rush translations of the English-language books they buy.  Because if they wait too long the readers will buy them in English.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 10

This whole exchange was really interesting, and divided the audience on the Bravo Blogs like crazy at the time. Yo was very beloved back then, so she had many who were taking up for her and thanking her for speaking the truth. Her comments at the time were that she also spoke a different language when she landed in the US, but that she worked hard to learn English so she could be successful. It was comical to me that she compared her own experience - a young, beautiful blonde coming to the US to model, staying in nice hotels with TV's in the room, speaking with other people who primarily spoke English, and surrounded by people with money who wanted her to be successful - with the experience of the guy helping to move furniture into her home. She was able to easily focus on learning English in her privileged world, so why couldn't he? I thought it was horrific to tell him such a thing. 

You are right on about the difference in experiences. Many people working in the 'service' industry came to America with little knowledge of what they were going to do when they got here and weren't met with someone who was going to help them?

I'm sure that the worker went home and talked about the 'pendeja mujer' that told him NOT to speak Espanol in front of the cameras...

• Love 6

Also just about all the Dutch people I know are taught English from a very early age and speak the language extremely well.  That's why Dutch publishers rush translations of the English-language books they buy.  Because if they wait too long the readers will buy them in English.

On sundays my dad would go buy the Spanish language news paper and I learned how to read and write Spanish -after growing up listening and speaking it. I am still trying to figure out why the Peanuts comic strip was name "Radishes" in espanol?

• Love 4

Also just about all the Dutch people I know are taught English from a very early age and speak the language extremely well. That's why Dutch publishers rush translations of the English-language books they buy. Because if they wait too long the readers will buy them in English.

The Dutch don't dub their Anglo movies or tv shows, they subtitle them. Plus the language most similar to English is Dutch.
  • Love 2

You are right on about the difference in experiences. Many people working in the 'service' industry came to America with little knowledge of what they were going to do when they got here and weren't met with someone who was going to help them?

I'm sure that the worker went home and talked about the 'pendeja mujer' that told him NOT to speak Espanol in front of the cameras...

What was the most annoying to me, was her assumption that the workers did not speak English.

Bitch. You are ASSuming.

Most people choose to speak their native language when among themselves, it does not mean that they do not speak the language.

I had a boss like her who forbade me to speak my native language and then demanded that I speak it on command like a monkey.

Some people are power tripping toward their subjugates.

Yoyo is one of them, IMO.

• Love 5

I'm sitting here, crying in my morning tea, because I don't have a clue about who Big Ang is.  Big Ang isn't anybody on RHOBH, is she?  I guess life will go on if I never know, but I'm curious about who had cancer and is a friend of Yolanda's.  :)

• Love 1

I'm sitting here, crying in my morning tea, because I don't have a clue about who Big Ang is.  Big Ang isn't anybody on RHOBH, is she?  I guess life will go on if I never know, but I'm curious about who had cancer and is a friend of Yolanda's.  :)

She was on Mob Wives. I doubt Yolanda knew her.

• Love 5

The one thing I do not understand about Yolanda, she has shared, advocated, shined a light on Lyme's Disease.  There is really nothing her co-stars, or me or you can do for her.   She has a home healthcare aide to help her.  She has a husband and an able body 16 year old at home.  What does she want these women to do?  Oh send their private plane to ferry her about.  The idea these others lives should come to a standstill to tend to Yolanda is beyond absurd.   If you have a family member besieged by illness one would most likely read up and keep up with their treatments.  That is a very small circle. Yolanda expects these women to take an oath to follow her path and never ask a question.  All conversations are about Yolanda when she is in the picture and a fair amount of time when she is not around because she keeps the acrimony at a low boil. Yolanda wants to control all their conversations and at the same time she wants to be the focal point of their conversations.  It is beyond annoying.  So these splinter groups thinking up new key words or phrases to describe life and garner sympathy have found their Queen in Yolanda. 

Well said! What does she want the other women to do? My feeling is that she'd like them to stand around her bed, moaning, "Poor Yolanda" while dabbing at their eyes. I don't think she'll be satisfied until that happens.

• Love 7

I don't know what Yolanda wants people to say to her. "So beautiful yet you suffer so. Incurable Lyme Disease the injustice of it all"  "Beautiful photo of Bella, how does she stay up long enough to be made up and pose and it is so sad she has the Lyme Disease.  What a trooper. "  

Forget what I said earlier. This is what Yolanda wants to hear while the women stand around her bed, dabbing their eyes.

• Love 9

As time goes on and her fucking wacky and dangerous 'cures', potions and poultices begin to catch on - someone, someplace is going to prove that they aren't as safe or helpful as she wants people to believe.

You forgot to mention the tinctures.

• Love 5

This is anecdotal, but when I was in Amsterdam, almost everyone spoke English. Maybe they didn't learn it in her town, but in Amsterdam I was able to communicate with everyone to one extent or another and I speak zero Dutch. 

• Love 5

In this last episode, I lost count of how many times Yolanda said "I want you to have my back."

What if your friends think you're batshit crazy and will take you along on the ride to hell? I've got a friend or two who have issues and need some hand-holding every now and then, but damned if I could ever deal with Yo.

• Love 10

In this last episode, I lost count of how many times Yolanda said "I want you to have my back."

What if your friends think you're batshit crazy and will take you along on the ride to hell? I've got a friend or two who have issues and need some hand-holding every now and then, but damned if I could ever deal with Yo.

What is lost with Yolanda is..... what about having her friends backs? Friendship is NOT a one way street/relationship, no wonder why their marriage failed! As much as Yolanda tried to make it LOOK like she was the one making all the effort, I suspect it was really David doing all the work. JMO

• Love 7

Her pomposity is going to be her downfall. She thinks she is smarter than people who have spent years of their lives going to school to become health care providers.....Even with Lyme Mind she is smarter than most of the population? People are starting to notice and it won't be long before someone points and makes a comment about the empress' new clothing line?

Exactly.  She has always been able to BS her way through whatever is my guess, so she just assumed everyone would believe whatever she said about her 'invisible disease'.  She was not smart enough to keep it vague, keeping most details to herself, not post pictures to the internet almost every day, visit every questionable "doctor" around, then the final straw that I think everyone really questioning it was having the two non Gigi's suffering along with her on her journey with them having the 'invisible disease'.  

As soon as I heard Big Ang had passed, I was literally waiting for Yo to comment.  I just knew that bitch would make it about her somehow.  She wants everyone to feel sorry for her, be there for her, yet she couldn't fly to be with her mother as she battled cancer.  

Fake narcissistic bitch.  She really needs to be forced to live in a regular person's house, make her work at a real job for a living, at least 40 hours per week, with the money a regular person earns for at least one month; maybe then she'd have an ounce of empathy for anyone other than herself and perhaps also get a lesson in humility. 

• Love 19

You forgot to mention the tinctures.

LOL, Tinctures!!!!! How could I forget!!!

I also forgot.....Prayer circles, burning sage, séances, tarot readings, tea leaves, mediums, rolling bones and incense, too.

Really, isn't there at least one episode that has some kind of otherworldly interaction?

• Love 7

Since Yolanda is unable to watch TV how is it she even knew who Big Ang was?  

I just read her twitter feed-Yolanda was inspired by Big Ang's spiritual journey.  Okay.

Better news Yolanda is waiting to undergo "bee therapy" is there nothing she won't try to be Queen Bee?  http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-972-bee%20venom.aspx?activeingredientid=972&  Bee therapy. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9

Since Yolanda is unable to watch TV how is it she even knew who Big Ang was?  

I just read her twitter feed-Yolanda was inspired by Big Ang's spiritual journey.  Okay.

Better news Yolanda is waiting to undergo "bee therapy" is there nothing she won't try to be Queen Bee?  http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-972-bee%20venom.aspx?activeingredientid=972&  Bee therapy. 

Why? Is she now allergic to bees?

rhetorical questions

• Love 6

This stupid cow.  I have to say though, that ElDosEquis has REALLY been making me laugh!! Especially with the Dutch accented comments!!!! SOOOO FUNNY!!!

Glad folks sort of shit on her attempt to make herself seem to suffer as much as Big Ang.  The dumbass should have just looked at the place where her "Mommy" was receiving treatment for HER FREAKING CANCER and she would have seen some SICK people.

UGH. I just can't with this idiot.

• Love 7

Believe it or not, I'm shocked that Yo commented on Big Ang and that she made it all about herself. She really is more desperate and delusional than I previously realized. 

I'm glad people are coming for her on Twitter. Finally. 

• Love 10

Believe it or not, I'm shocked that Yo commented on Big Ang and that she made it all about herself. She really is more desperate and delusional than I previously realized. 

I'm glad people are coming for her on Twitter. Finally. 

Choos do not see dat eet is in-vee-sahble, eef it was veez able, you vood NOT see it.

Do choos foh-low my in-tah-lekt?

• Love 1

I looked up why Peanuts is called Radishes in other countries, after seeing that question in this thread. Apparently, in some places they aren't familiar with peanuts so it was changed. I genuinely knew none of that.

I have now learned more about comics from this discussion than I have about Lyme from Yolanda, mostly because I still don't know how to actualize any knowledge gained.

On another note, good for her kids for all having modeling contracts. They'd be rich anyway, at least now they have to work, and modeling isn't that easy, imho. Hopefully the makeup and travel and whatnot doesn't aggravate any health issues. Alternatively, hopefully the declaration of health issues allows them more flexibility with their careers. They can take breaks and such without being divas, and take all manner of pills without being questioned.

Point is, good for them. Their mother being obnoxious doesn't mean they aren't decent.

• Love 4

I looked up why Peanuts is called Radishes in other countries, after seeing that question in this thread. Apparently, in some places they aren't familiar with peanuts so it was changed. I genuinely knew none of that.

I have now learned more about comics from this discussion than I have about Lyme from Yolanda, mostly because I still don't know how to actualize any knowledge gained.

Peanuts in espanol are 'cacahuates' (kaka-wha-tez) and 'caca' one of the slang terms for feces. I laughed because I am easily amused.

• Love 5

She kind of dashes her image of being a successful model with this c list has been crap.

I wouldn't call this "c-list has been crap" though. I mean this show has had Joseph Gordon Levitt and Channing Tatum on it. hell, Beyoncé showed up to dance with Tatum (although, I still think Jenna Dewitt-Tatum should have won that battle rather than it being a tie. But Tatum had Beyoncé and Jenna had Paula Abdul, no one was going to say that Beyoncé lost to Paula).

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6

I wouldn't call this "c-list has been crap" though. I mean this show has had Joseph Gordon Levitt and Channing Tatum on it. hell, Beyoncé showed up to dance with Tatum (although, I still think Jenna Dewitt-Tatum should have won that battle rather than it being a tie. But Tatum had Beyoncé and Jenna had Paula Abdul, no one was going to say that Beyoncé lost to Paula).

I've never heard of this show, or Jenna Dewitt-Tatum
  • Love 1

She kind of dashes her image of being a successful model with this c list has been crap.

Wrong!

You know that she will be launching a hosting career ala Khloe Kardashian.

A model is only a stepping stone for Gigi, IMO.

She might try to go into acting as well.

• Love 6

Jenna is probably one of the least famous people who have been on so I doubt it will ruin Gigi's career when Oscar winners (Anne Hathaway, Common, and John Legend) and Oscar nominees (Anna Kendrick and Terrance Howard) have all been on.

• Love 7

Wrong!

You know that she will be launching a hosting career ala Khloe Kardashian.

A model is only a stepping stone for Gigi, IMO.

She might try to go into acting as well.

If she is smart she will go the Paris Hilton route.  Her company has done over a billion in sales. 

• Love 4

The premise of the show is to get celebs to lip sync songs with dancers and props. I tuned in one time on accident and I was laughing my ass off at the performances.

Some people that have been on the show? I would have never expected to do something like this, but there are others that I really could care less about.

• Love 3

The one thing I do not understand about Yolanda, she has shared, advocated, shined a light on Lyme's Disease.  There is really nothing her co-stars, or me or you can do for her.   She has a home healthcare aide to help her.  She has a husband and an able body 16 year old at home.  What does she want these women to do?  Oh send their private plane to ferry her about.  The idea these others lives should come to a standstill to tend to Yolanda is beyond absurd.   If you have a family member besieged by illness one would most likely read up and keep up with their treatments.  That is a very small circle. Yolanda expects these women to take an oath to follow her path and never ask a question.  All conversations are about Yolanda when she is in the picture and a fair amount of time when she is not around because she keeps the acrimony at a low boil. Yolanda wants to control all their conversations and at the same time she wants to be the focal point of their conversations.  It is beyond annoying.  So these splinter groups thinking up new key words or phrases to describe life and garner sympathy have found their Queen in Yolanda.

I could understand this point of view if Yo devotedly cared for her loved ones. But I seem to recall Yo not even bothering to visit Mommy until she had been discharged from cancer surgery. There's a reason Mommy has never moved to the US. I'm just saying .......

• Love 7

Next up for Gigi are air guitar competitions. But as Erica will tell her it's not pat the puss, but scratch the itch, scratch the itch, scratch the itch.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

I could understand this point of view if Yo devotedly cared for her loved ones. But I seem to recall Yo not even bothering to visit Mommy until she had been discharged from cancer surgery. There's a reason Mommy has never moved to the US. I'm just saying .......

Mama always liked Leo best.  :)  I know why Oma didn't move to the US-she was done raising Yolanda, didn't want to end up an indentured servant.  I would have thought Oma would have spent winters in sunny LA.

• Love 5

How in the world can this family be so successful financially and so mentally scattered personally?  I'm beginning to think that Yolanda had the nervous breakdown she claimed she would have if she couldn't get better very soon.

Look at Yolanda when she entered this show.  Calm, cool,, collected, very much (too much) in charge, a woman who knew how to comport herself and how everyone else should too.  Now, look at her at Kathryn's brunch. The cool and collected Yo was gone.  Her facial expressions were screwed up literally when she became sarcastic, and Yo is not a sarcastic person.  She played with her hair endlessly, and she clasped and unclasped her hands.  Her arguments weren't cogent, and none of what she said held water.  She was the polar opposite of everything she'd been before. 

In the space of a year (and my numbers may be off a bit), she has sold her house, filed for divorce, had surgery on her breasts, sworn off of everything artificial, moved into David's apartment, moved on to her own new apartment, discussed her will with her children and mother, made certain that all three of her children are safely and successfully ensconced in the modeling world, and the list of abnormalities goes on and on.

I'm beginning to think that Yo is in some very serious trouble mentally, meaning that we're all making wisecracks about a very sick woman.  That is, IF she's that sick, and she could be.  She's done so many odd things that it's no wonder people from here to Twitter and beyond are doubting her and criticizing her at every turn.  I don't feel sympathetic toward Yo, which may be terrible to say, but what if her brain is so muddled by now that she is no longer on an even keel?  And no wonder she was her old self, looking radiant, at the Lyme awards; she was getting an award for being sick!  At last, an audience that believed her!  I don't have the answers, but I do know that the Yolanda of past seasons is not the same woman as the Yolanda of late. 

• Love 5

Jenna is probably one of the least famous people on the show. I only mentioned her because her performance pretty much blew up the internet. She is Channing Tatum's co-star from Step Up and is also his wife. And they competed against each other. She performed Cold Hearted Snake and Paula Abdul showed up to dance with her - then, she broke out Channing's dance moves from the Magic Mike movies KILLED it.  Channing did Let it Go and then a Beyonce number, and Beyonce showed up to back him. So, the judges called it a tie - I still think Jenna won that one. You should definitely search it out online, some of the performances are laughable, but others will have you clapping your hands.

My whole point is that this is not a C-list has been show for folks on their way out of the spotlight. This is a very strategic step for Bella, as the show has the ability to make the contestants go viral overnight. 

• Love 6

Divorce, empty nest syndrome, moving residences, aging model syndrome, and menopause are all big life stresses that can impact a person's well being, mental and emotional health.  Stress can also affect physical health, not to mention what depression can do.  Add leaky breast implants to that - no doubt Yo felt some pain or discomfort and who knows how that may have played into things.  Then add the lemon and almonds diet and you have poor nutrition on top of everything else.

Finally, pile on a whole bunch of "treatments" from quacks that do NOT promote better health and can, in fact, cause poor health, and Yo is fucked.  Just the weekly colonics alone are messing up her digestive system because she is killing all the bacteria in her digestive tract, including the good bacteria that is NECESSARY for proper digestive function.  Add all the "cleansing" supplements, and she probably has no good bacteria left in her system.  If she is taking supplements from China or Mexico, she could be ingesting significant amounts of lead.  Megadoses of vitamins and minerals can also damage her liver and kidneys that can't process so much of it; those minerals are those pesky heavy metals Yo is so worried about in her teeth.

If she really was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at one time, or Lyme or whatever, and went through an extensive antibiotics treatment, that will have side effects.  Our bodies NEED bacteria.  We are nothing without the bacteria, especially that gut bacteria.  Antibiotics are not targeted and don't just kill the bacteria you want to kill, so an extensive course is going to mess up your basic body functions.

Yo NEEDS someone in her life who will call her out on this and explain that she's been headed down the wrong path for a very long time now, but she will never listen because she thinks she knows better than everyone.   If she'd just stop taking all that shit in her drug closet, stops going in for colonics and bee venom treatments, and ate healthy foods for a few months, she would be amazed at how much better she would feel.  She's doing all this to herself because she can't face her real problems.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 13

She runs the risk of being another Kate Upton.  Who was everywhere she could without any discernible talent or charm beyond having two Bouncy Houses full of sugar-loaded kids having fun as she walked a runway.  And now?  Kate?  Anyone seen Kate?

So I think the idea is get out there as hugely as possible and hopefully she can transition to the next stage of whatever she thinks exists for her 'fame' run.   But again that more often than not has disastrous results.

And while the lip sync show attracts big names it is more in the favor kind of way or attached to the show's creation and therefore tied to its success.  It has already fallen rather hard in terms of talent when Tim Tebow is on and Channing Tatum goes up against his wife as opposed to a famous co-star. 

And to be fair in regards to YoYo and her mother.  Her mother may know darn well what kind of person YoYo is.  Can you imagine being sick with Cancer and having YoYo sit there and every single moment make it about her?  How she doesn't know what she will do if her mother does not make it?  How it wears on her?  We saw a glimpse of that when the mother visited didn't we?  I think YoYo even put a stitch in her coat of many suffers in terms of the wait for her family to arrive as opposed to wanting to know how their trip was and what she could do to make them as comfortable as possible.   I could love someone and still not want to have them around when I was sick.  Could be mother thought as long as the treatment was taking place it might be better if certain toxins were kept at a distance.  And considering YoYo's constant social postings, Lemon with Lyme is full of them.

• Love 6

I'm beginning to think that Yo is in some very serious trouble mentally, meaning that we're all making wisecracks about a very sick woman.

I agree, she is ill. However  I don't think she is ill in they way she is portraying but I do think she is ill. When she puts her lying butt on my TV and social media she is available to snark on so I refuse to feel bad about it.

I think she had a bout of Lyme that kicked off all the things you mentioned, Menopause, leaky implants, depression, leading to Munchausen's in the form of the extreme exaggeration of symptoms for attention, It's the exaggeration that does her no favors and makes everything suspect and look like lies.

I'm no Doctor and IDK if Munchie Housie takes this from but as a casual observer, that what it looks like to me.

• Love 11

More and more I am starting to think she doesn't and never had Lyme.  Rather it was a list of possible scenarios when she first went to a doctor with the symptoms of menopause and the implant leakage. 

The more she goes on the more I think she simply could not handle that she was just as 'flawed' (I am trying to put this in the way she might seem to think mind you, not how I actually see it myself) as other women and finding menopause was knocking her for whatever loop it was.  And I really do think that her disregard about the implant suggests that she either didn't want to have to admit something she did for vanity (big boobs have never been a runway staple for the most part so she didn't do it for her modeling career) was giving her problems or that she was, in a broad sense, at fault. She could instead apply her perfection at being the perfect martyred victim of disease. 

And as this keeps going I see someone fully capable and fully cunning and fully motivated to latch on the Lyme simply because there have been so many cases of people not being fully diagnosed or fully given credit for symptoms that in an on-its-ear medical treatment world often can suffer for years without it being determined or treated properly.   I think she might have gone shopping for anything that she could embrace that let her be the full and complete victim.   And for anything that she could re-define exactly to suit her ego and image without bothering about pesky things like medical research and facts.  She latches on also to all the people who truly have such a disease and face criticism for simply feeling lazy or being out of shape or not eating right or it just being in their own heads and suddenly has a huge forum of empathy and sympathy and even projected outrage of their own situations.  And yet for all her talk of being out there fighting the good fight, everything is about her.  And funny how all the awareness she claims to  be putting out there either involved just her.  Or her picking up some award or recognition for that 'journey' that apparently is strictly solo unless she wants some kid emotional protection and pulls one of the Lymettes into the frame for a second.  But just for a second.  And only as long as they pose exactly the way she wants. 

• Love 13