Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

There is both good and bad to this Yolanda/LD discussion.

The bad is that Yolanda has lied, exaggerated and used her illness as a shield to avoid getting called out on her nasty/questionable behavior by the other HWs (as an excuse for Bella's DUI) and even by viewers on a forum like us/here. She has not given any information that could help anyone suffering from LD or loved ones suffering from it. NOT 1 spec of information about testing, treatment, anything....NOTHING!

The good is that we are discussing LD and those affected by it are sharing their experiences. What worked for them, what didn't work for them, their recovery process, things to do or take to help others recover, things to stay away from. BUT none of these good things are happening because of anything positive Yolanda has said/done, IMO, she did the exact opposite.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 18

My latest issue with Yolanda, and this is the danger in investing in junk science, is now it seems she is exclaiming she is very close to well.  We and even Yolanda will probably ever know what "worked".  Was it simply the passage of time and the chronic infection, PTLD ran its course?  Is it daily colonics, saunas, frequent cleanses, elimination of most food, chelation therapy to get rid of her metal toxicity, breast implant removal, the stopping of wearing nail polish and make-up and using hair color (except she still does use hair color and make-up).  Maybe it something as benign as accepting the fact that she no longer possesses the ability to work out like a professional athlete, that weight gain can happen even to genetically blessed, that her energy devoted to maintaining the prefect marriage, perfect wife, perfect mother, perfect friend was just too much to service.  Maybe it was getting rid of David and the time and attention he required and tossing the perfect marriage, truest love ever  façade aside or the meteoric rise of her just barely adults in the modeling industry.  (A side note it would be nice if the daughters on occasion would throw a thank you or gush to their father who I am quite certain how everything to do with getting Yolanda cast on RHOBH and giving her the platform to promote the daughters.)

Cute little shoulder shrugs when asked where did the parasites come from, or blanket condemnation of those who in her eyes refused to make her course with Lyme Disease the center of their universe, and more importantly her.  The using of despicable cast mates as somehow "good hearted" and decent people because they spent an afternoon with her (better if the cameras are rolling) and their horrendous behavior being excused or in the case of Kim Richards excused entirely because she too, has a disease.  The constant posting of photographs and now the very special Vicki Gunvalson touch, of mentioning how long a particular person has been a real friend and how supportive they are of her.  Most of all building an entire storyline around a member of the cast having the audacity to ask what is going on with her when she has so many contradictions.  The exaggerations can be explained away and Yolanda is a master of doing so and putting the onus on the person, be it a cast mate, blogger or care provider that that dare question her-no matter how gently.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 21

Lunastartron - On point! Fully agree with all you posted.

Mr. Conner relies on another untenable simile because I'm unsure how the early seasons of the Bunim Murray projects are remotely comparable to the Bravo empire. The former originated as an earnest docudrama focused specifically on social issues; while the latter has touched upon some similar topics, it has always - at least certainly since BH premiered - been a pseudo-reality soap opera about affluent women behaving terribly to each other. When in doubt, trot out the memory of a 20-something who died a horrible death from a totally disparate affliction in order to gin up sympathy, I guess. Why not just claim Lyme is worse than the Holocaust, Jim Crow, or the Trail of Tears?

I wanted to touch upon this as well, but forgot. Mr. Conner's comparison of The Real World to RHoBH, as you pointed out, are two vastly different types of show. One thing he noted was how not one member of the cast of RW ever went after Pedro Zamora in the way that the cast members of RHoBH seem to be going after YoFo. First of all, no one is going after YoFo. People are questioning what is really going on with her aside from her LD status.  On the RW, I do recall Pedro's roommate, Puck, referring to Pedro as the "AIDs AIDs, I am gay and I have AIDs guy" in one of his talking heads. Puck was a major asshole to Pedro. Pedro mentioned his health was in some way being affected by the tension that Puck was bringing into the home. Puck had no cares in the world about Pedro's health status. In that way, Pedro was being attacked.  Second, there was never any doubt Pedro suffered from AIDs. He didn't have HIV and claim to have AIDs. There was never any doubt he was in the advanced stages of AIDs. We saw Pedro as he visited legit doctors and clinics and even a moment where he entered into the emergency room as he suffered from pneumonia. We saw him having blood work done and he was then told his T-cell count was extremely low. Was Pedro questioned about his health status? No. Because he was not saying anything that caused people to cast doubts upon him. Pedro entered the show with documentation of his health status. What do we get? A list of inconsistencies that YoFo has stated and put out there. Lastly, no one is attacking YoFo. People are questioning her inconsistent statements and outright lies.

Mr. Conner can best believe that if Pedro Zamora were alive today and he was on a reality show as he was dealing with AIDs, he would definitely be attacked on the internet, blogs, magazines, and on television boards just like this one. Mr. Zamora would be attacked in so many ways by negative people who hate gays, those with AIDs, his political stance, being Puerto Rican, his religion, how he looks, dresses or any of the countless things that seem to get critiqued.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

Like her or dislike her, there's no mistaking Yolanda is the center of attention in this RHOBH Premiere party photo op. Best of all she doesn't need black outlined eyes and still comes across well.

rs_1024x759-151204042556-1024.Real-House

Since she's presenting herself as eschewing all the toxic chemicals present in things such as make-up, nail polish, hair dye, and whatever all else, I wonder how she made her hair turn darker overnight without showing any tell-tale signs of her roots growing out.  I mean, her hair is now a much darker shade plus obvious highlights.  Chalk up one more bunch of B.S. from YoFo.

• Love 6

I'm complete baffled by YO.   She has traveled all over the world, spending god knows how much money, in search of a "cure", but not until last June did she have a body scan?  Jeez, I had some pains in my stomach area and the first thing the dr ordered was an MRI.   But she goes for three years without any type of imaging tests?  Sounds like it was David who called BS on her hocus pocus IV's & supplements.    Now she's blaming part of her illness to leaky breast implants, and possibly her use of botox.     She has given up chemical cosmetics, hair dye, etc. 

Ok, does this mean it all comes down to her VANITY?  No fake boobs, no fake face, no fake hair and she'd be ok.   I haven't heard her mention that.   Will she pass this information along to her daughters?  When they age out in a couple of years, will she urge them to get a little "something" done?  

She consistently says she wants to educate people about Lyme, but whenever anybody asks a questions, she shuts it down.   Is that educating?

• Love 7

I half wonder if Yolanda went to a doctor and they said "You might have Lyme disease" and tested negative for it.  False negatives happen with Lyme testing, so maybe the doc chalked it up to a false negative and went ahead and treated her anyway.  Maybe she never had LD whatsoever but believed she did.

http://www.lymeresearchalliance.org/test-diagnostic.html  Explains how she could test negative and still have it.  Or maybe in Yolanda's case, never had it.

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 2

Do you guys think Yolanda is beginning to regret her decision to sign up for another season? She signed up this season with the express purpose of shining a light on the hardship of Lyme disease  but the producers pretty much sabotaged that effort when they had other cast members express doubt about her illness. Yes, I believe it is the producers who put Rinna up to mentioning Munchausen on camera and also having Vanderpump and Kyle express some uncertainty about Yolanda's illness during their one-on-one interviews. Andy has admitted that the higher-ups troll social media and forums to gauge audience's responses to the cast members, so I have no doubt they read a lot of posts expressing skepticism about Yolanda's illness and decided to make it their centerpiece storyline for the season.

What sucks for Yolanda is that even if she really does have Lyme disease, people will now be wary of her claims because you have other cast members wondering aloud if she may be faking it. My mom, like the majority of the audience, only goes by what she sees on the show, and doesn't do social media or message boards, and now she's thinking Yolanda may be another malingerer like Brooks from RHoC. I'm sure that is not at all what Yolanda was expecting going into this season.

• Love 6

Yolanda is utilizing provocative commentary while instigating and orchestrating accusatory scenarios Brandi♋-style. Then at the REunion, will cloak herself in a mien of self-righteousness, single- mother/woman fortitude as she, somehow, contrarily, both delicately and strongly embraces long-suffering and martyrdom.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 12

This is another one of those WTF moments.  So this poor man RIP ha ALS and his wife insisted he be tested for Lyme Disease because it might be the culprit in his illness.  He was found to be positive for Lyme Borrelia and died last week.  What I this woman saying?  Lyme Disease caused the ALS or his death?  https://www.instagram.com/p/_0mY7lIs73/?taken-by=yolandahfoster

I am at a loss what Yolanda is trying to get across. 

• Love 5

When your entire life is built around how you "look", you live and die by that. Yolanda was a stunningly beautiful young woman with a stunningly beautiful body. When she got older, she still looked wonderful but was not a model anymore. So now she lives vicariously through her daughters and son. When her latest husband got worn out with her "illness" and her need for constant attention, he bailed. I'm not excusing his behavior in any way but really, what did she expect from him? This should serve as a warning sign to the Kartrashians but of course, it will not.

You are SO right.  When the controversy first started about how sick Yo really is, it occurred to me that suffering her father's sudden death at such an early age might have been the catalyst for her hurt little mind to put together the pathetic = extra attention equation.  Then she grew into a lovely young woman and had no need to be pathetic to get ALL the attention she craved.  Now that the bloom is somewhat off the rose (she's still damn attractive), she's reverted back to that behavior (my daddy's dead - can I have a cookie?).

• Love 4

What exactly is Yolanda doing to bring awareness to Lyme Disease? Other than to complain about being sick all the time and posting photos of her having different treatments?

Is she talking about treatments that are known to be effective?

Is she listing symptons so that people may recognize Lyme?

All i hear is that she gets colonics weekly, that horseflies can cause Lyme and that she has had the metals and leaking breast implants removed.

I could be wrong here but I don't understand how she is helping others?

I suppose she could say that she is helping others by shaming the doubters, but I really don't think people are doubting her diagnosis so much as the way she is presenting herself and her treatments.

My apologies in advance if I have offended anyone, I would love feedback from people in the know.

Thank you.

• Love 15

Editing to add: Bella is actually playing a better long game than her sister within the fashion paradigm, in my opinion. She's handily casting herself as a muse to an artist with aspirational talent and starring in his music videos. She may not walk as many shows as Gigi but the ones in which she does appear are of the ilk of the auteurs rather than the explicit purveyors of commerce. She'll probably never book Victoria's Secret or Sports Illustrated based on her aesthetics and will thus likely never achieve household-name status with middle America. But going the Helena-Christensen-in-Chris-Isaak's-Wicked-Game route affords her a chance to cement herself in the cultural firmament.

I think you're giving Bella way too much credit as to the "long game" comment.  My take is that Bella has lived her entire life in Gigi's shadow, and because she's young and with the assistance of plenty of plastic surgery and family publicity, she's making hay while the sun shines.  

But IMHO, Bella is, at her core, a loser.  I know I'm sticking my neck out, but my crystal ball tells me that Bella will get caught up with her flash-in-the-pan fame, fast guys and hard drugs (heroin, cocaine or both) and come to a bad end.  Eventually.

Doubt my cynical opinion, okay.  But any 17 year old who gets busted for drunk driving on an already suspended license is in a pretty bad way already.

• Love 6

Thanks for the correction. . .it was an important one.  So now all I can say is Yolanda is pretty vitriolic in going after people.  I cannot stand that she constantly claims others are judging when she hands down more judgments than Judge Judy with a full calendar.

Guffaw!! Chortle, chortle -- SO true.  (I LOVE Judge Judy.)

• Love 5

I read in the MasterChef Jr forum that Gigi is going to be part of a special celebrity cooking competition. I wondered if she's going to toast almonds and squeeze lemons.

Or maybe for an encore, she'll use cake pans for making pies.

• Love 3

Who gets the naked book in the divorce? Where is it now?

I am with those about that book. I felt the book was some sort of way for YoFo to remind David of what he has at home. That book reminds me of the private sex tapes that some couples make, but YoFo would not go that route. Instead, she had a book made.

From what I saw of that book, I thought the artsy nudes were all taken by professional photographers (don't all pro photogs want to do nudes for their "private collection"?) during YoFo's modeling heyday, and that she simply cherry-picked a couple dozen and had a remembrance book made up.

• Love 2

From what I saw of that book, I thought the artsy nudes were all taken by professional photographers (don't all pro photogs want to do nudes for their "private collection"?) during YoFo's modeling heyday, and that she simply cherry-picked a couple dozen and had a remembrance book made up.

I may have remembered wrong, and don't mind being corrected, but I am certain she had those shots taken months prior, obviously before she took very ill. They were not old photographs of her from her days as a "supermodel".

ETA: What I found:

The 49-year-old blonde, whom tied the knot with David in November 2011, explained she had done the photshoot especially to create the book, titled For Your Eyes Only.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2532228/Real-Housewives-Yolanda-Foster-49-gives-husband-nude-photobook-HERSELF-sexy-wedding-anniversary-present.html#ixzz3vvVyS8ds

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

For anyone interested, Tamara Tattles has an interesting link to a blog about Yolanda's LD claims/timeline.   http://tamaratattles.com/2015/12/30/check-out-this-yolanda-foster-timeline/

Make sure you read all 3 timeline blogs!

Wow.  Somebody took a lot of time to chronicle Yolanda's Lyme Disease odyssey that she has played out in the press.  Much like Brooks and the cancer, I think Yolanda's claims have played out.  Munchausen is starting to sound like a viable diagnosis.   At this point her only recourse is to suck it up, not make anymore claims as to why she was so ill and maybe call out a charlatan or two that prey on individuals (usually until their last dollar is squeezed out) for their irresponsible claims, treatments and cures.  Maybe that will be the next cause she champions.

All I can say to Yolanda, who thinks it appropriate to call people ignorant and claim to be so intelligent-you aren't intelligent and stop asking others to buy it.  She did the same thing this week walking into the group claiming a brain like Erika's was hard to find in Beverly Hills.  Nice entry into a group of people.  If her kids are smart they will protect their inheritance and get her some REAL help.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 13

Yo needs someone to send her some links: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance

Sounds like Yo's "two foot long parasites."

Reminds me of the Miracle Mineral Solution fuckery I read about a while back: https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/bleaching-away-what-ails-you/

I hope Yo doesn't troll these boards or we'll see her getting bleach enemas in search of a LD cure next season.

• Love 4

Do you guys think Yolanda is beginning to regret her decision to sign up for another season? She signed up this season with the express purpose of shining a light on the hardship of Lyme disease  but the producers pretty much sabotaged that effort when they had other cast members express doubt about her illness.

There was a lot of talk here about Yolanda lying, exaggerating her suffering, and milking her LD to get attention long before we saw any of the HW's question it.  And they've been pretty subdued about it, at least so far.  By the time they said anything, there had already been lots & lots of speculation here and elsewhere, so I don't see that as hugely influencing the perception of viewers.  We had already seen enough to come to our own conclusions.  I don't see it as the producers sabotaging her effort.  I see it as Yolanda doing that all on her own by being way over the top and completely not believable.  She has said she didn't leave her house for 18 months, she has been unable to drive for years, hasn't worn makeup, is unable to read, etc - all things that are very easily proven to be total lies.  She has zero credibility, and that's all on her, no one else. The only reason there are doubts is because of what she herself says and does.

I also don't think for one minute that her intent was to shine a light on the hardship of LD.  She signed on for another season because she wanted to shine a light on the hardships of Yolanda Foster.   All she talks about is herself, the effect it has on her, how difficult her life is, all the things she's missing out on, and her own many randomly-chosen treatments.  She uses LD as a catch-all excuse, and has not provided even the tiniest bit of actual information.  LD is a bad thing to have is pretty much all I've learned from her.  Not exactly educational, and not at all useful.  She's put more effort into posting "sick" photos of herself on social media than providing even the most basic info about LD.

I don't think she regrets signing on for another season.  I think she would do anything to stay relevant on a reality show.  Get ready for the big comeback angle that I'm sure is coming next.   She's a survivor!  So brave!  So strong!  And maybe even deserving of her very own show!  I'm not doubting that she's sick, but I think she took that ball and ran with it, not realizing that she's just not smart enough to avoid getting caught up in her own lies and exaggerations.

What exactly is Yolanda doing to bring awareness to Lyme Disease? Other than to complain about being sick all the time and posting photos of her having different treatments?

Is she talking about treatments that are known to be effective?

Is she listing symptons so that people may recognize Lyme?

All i hear is that she gets colonics weekly, that horseflies can cause Lyme and that she has had the metals and leaking breast implants removed.

I could be wrong here but I don't understand how she is helping others?

I suppose she could say that she is helping others by shaming the doubters, but I really don't think people are doubting her diagnosis so much as the way she is presenting herself and her treatments.

My apologies in advance if I have offended anyone, I would love feedback from people in the know.

Thank you.

I completely agree with you.  Her "information" is all over the place and makes no sense.  And you're right - She hasn't even done the most simple things, i.e. talking about symptoms that people should watch for.  She just tells us that she's the sickest person ever with the longest parasite ever, the most doctors ever, and the highest/lowest blood levels ever.  It's all about her and her own damned journey, not about anyone else.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 20

There was a lot of talk here about Yolanda lying, exaggerating her suffering, and milking her LD to get attention long before we saw any of the HW's question it.  And they've been pretty subdued about it, at least so far.  By the time they said anything, there had already been lots & lots of speculation here and elsewhere, so I don't see that as hugely influencing the perception of viewers.  We had already seen enough to come to our own conclusions.  I don't see it as the producers sabotaging her effort.  I see it as Yolanda doing that all on her own by being way over the top and completely not believable.  She has said she didn't leave her house for 18 months, she has been unable to drive for years, hasn't worn makeup, is unable to read, etc - all things that are very easily proven to be total lies.  She has zero credibility, and that's all on her, no one else. The only reason there are doubts is because of what she herself says and does.

I also don't think for one minute that her intent was to shine a light on the hardship of LD.  She signed on for another season because she wanted to shine a light on the hardships of Yolanda Foster.   All she talks about is herself, the effect it has on her, how difficult her life is, all the things she's missing out on, and her own many randomly-chosen treatments.  She uses LD as a catch-all excuse, and has not provided even the tiniest bit of actual information.  LD is a bad thing to have is pretty much all I've learned from her.  Not exactly educational, and not at all useful.  She's put more effort into posting "sick" photos of herself on social media than providing even the most basic info about LD.

I don't think she regrets signing on for another season.  I think she would do anything to stay relevant on a reality show.  Get ready for the big comeback angle that I'm sure is coming next.   She's a survivor!  So brave!  So strong!  And maybe even deserving of her very own show!  I'm not doubting that she's sick, but I think she took that ball and ran with it, not realizing that she's just not smart enough to avoid getting caught up in her own lies and exaggerations.

I completely agree with you.  Her "information" is all over the place and makes no sense.  And you're right - She hasn't even done the most simple things, i.e. talking about symptoms that people should watch for.  She just tells us that she's the sickest person ever with the longest parasite ever, the most doctors ever, and the highest/lowest blood levels ever.  It's all about her and her own damned journey, not about anyone else.

ITA!! AND before anyone mentions "editing" as the reason/excuse we haven't heard things like what symptoms to look for, how to avoid contracting it, types of successful treatments...ect., she doesn't mention any of these things in any interviews she has given, nothing in her blogs and nothing on her twitter/IG accounts either. She has done nothing for LD other than cause confusion, misinformation and fear for those that have it or that have a loved one with it IMO.

• Love 15

For anyone interested, Tamara Tattles has an interesting link to a blog about Yolanda's LD claims/timeline.   http://tamaratattles.com/2015/12/30/check-out-this-yolanda-foster-timeline/

Make sure you read all 3 timeline blogs!

Thanks for posting this.  I don't agree with everything the writer states about Lyme but it gives a really, really good insight into Yo and her so called journey with Lyme.  Disturbing to say the least.  Bottom line is Yo is one 'f' uped person.

I can only hope that people realize how screwed up this all is and that people don't buy into it all.  Especially people who are suffering with Lyme Disease.

• Love 6

Thanks for posting this.  I don't agree with everything the writer states about Lyme but it gives a really, really good insight into Yo and her so called journey with Lyme.  Disturbing to say the least.  Bottom line is Yo is one 'f' uped person.

I can only hope that people realize how screwed up this all is and that people don't buy into it all.  Especially people who are suffering with Lyme Disease.

Very interesting, and well worth reading!  I have to confess, though, that it took me awhile to get past the photo at the top.  Who poses with their medications like that??  It's truly bizarre.  How can she possibly be so unaware that her own actions are directly contributing to the skepticism that she's all up on her high horse about?

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 14

This is another one of those WTF moments. So this poor man RIP ha ALS and his wife insisted he be tested for Lyme Disease because it might be the culprit in his illness. He was found to be positive for Lyme Borrelia and died last week. What I this woman saying? Lyme Disease caused the ALS or his death? https://www.instagram.com/p/_0mY7lIs73/?taken-by=yolandahfoster

I am at a loss what Yolanda is trying to get across.

A lot of the comments on that instagram link scared me, her fans are like Brandi's where you can't question anything or have a normal chat! Lyme is the reason for all their issues thyroid, als, lupus and the list goes on and on, so very weird! Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 4

But going the Helena-Christensen-in-Chris-Isaak's-Wicked-Game route affords her a chance to cement herself in the cultural firmament.

Helena was already a very successful "name" model before that video came out...and she didn't need a batshit mom on a reality show or a model older sister to break into the business ;-). Having said that, I do think that Bella is the more interesting looking of the two sisters, but it's a shame that the nose job has erased  a good deal of ethnicity from her face. Honestly, these sisters would remain

no-name" models if not for the show, much like Kendall Jenner. The days of honest to goodness real supermodels is mostly gone.

• Love 5

Asinine picture Yo. Watching WWH rerun. Yo called in and Andy asked about the divorce. After droning on about her strength and bravery facing her illness, she said David being her caregiver put a strain on their marriage. Better check the meaning of caregiver Yo. They are generally in the vicinity of the patient.

• Love 16

Happy New Year from Yolanda and all of her friends!RHOBH-Yo-drugs.png

That's the photo I was referring to.  It's just all kinds of wrong.  What was she thinking?  What was the point of posing like that?  (I'm asking - I really don't know!)

I'm surprised that no one in her inner circle has advised her to stop doing nonsensical things like this.  Although I guess we've seen enough of her to know that she believes she always knows best and that she is the final authority.  On everything.   Hence the constant judgments and imperialistic attitude.   I'm sure they all know that they can't tell her anything - She thinks the way she wants to think and she does what she wants to do.  I just can't see her giving any kind of weight to anyone else's thoughts or opinions.  We've certainly never seen her open to what anyone else has to say.  She always knows best.  Case closed.  Even when she knows she's brain dead, apparently.

I also suspect that the person in the best position to advise her would be her "Health Advocate", but it seems pretty obvious that the woman is just there to coddle and enable.  Saying  "Yes, Yolanda", "No, Yolanda", and making soothing noises is probably pretty much the extent of her duties.  Other than stocking the meds closet, keeping her iPad charged, and fetching almonds & things.  Nice, cushy job.  I'm pretty sure that Daisy (is that her name?) is literally laughing all the way to the bank.

And I keep thinking that if this was one of the other HW's on this "journey" Yolanda would be scoffing at them, and touting her own healthy habits as a way it could have been prevented.  She'd probably accuse them of bringing it on themselves, malingering, and not being as tough as she is.  And certainly she'd have something to say about all the photos on social media and desperate bids for attention.

That photo, though, is really disturbing.  Who poses like that?  And for what purpose?  It's far worse, IMO, than any of the other ridiculous photos she's posted because it just seems so bizarre.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 17

That's the photo I was referring to.  It's just all kinds of wrong.  What was she thinking?  What was the point of posing like this?  (I'm asking - I really don't know!)

I'm surprised that no one in her inner circle has advised her to stop doing nonsensical things like this.  Although I guess we've seen enough of her to know that she believes she always knows best and that she is the final authority.  On everything.   Hence the constant judgments and imperialistic attitude.   I'm sure they all know that they can't tell her anything - She thinks the way she wants to think and she does what she wants to do.  I just can't see her giving any kind of weight to anyone else's thoughts or opinions.  We've certainly never seen her open to what anyone else has to say.  She always knows best.  Case closed.  Even when she knows she's brain dead, apparently.

I also suspect that the person in the best position to advise her would be her "Health Advocate", but it seems pretty obvious that the woman is just there to coddle and enable.  Saying  "Yes, Yolanda", "No, Yolanda", and making soothing noises is probably pretty much the extent of her duties.  Other than stocking the meds closet, keeping her iPad charged, and fetching almonds & things.  Nice, cushy job.  I'm pretty sure that Daisy (is that her name?) is literally laughing all the way to the bank.

And I keep thinking that if this was one of the other HW's on this "journey" Yolanda would be scoffing at them, and touting her own healthy habits as a way it could have been prevented.  She'd probably accuse them of bringing it on themselves, malingering, and not being as tough as she is.  And certainly she'd have something to say about all the photos on social media and desperate bids for attention.

That photo, though, is really disturbing.  Who poses like that?  And for what purpose?  It's far worse, IMO, than any of the other ridiculous photos she's posted because it just seems so bizarre.

Yes, she really is very disturbing. I totally agree with your statement that she is always right. She is definitely not interested in anyone else's point of view and she doesn't care to ask her friends about what is going on with them or their lives. Everything has to revolve around her and her health issues.

She did not like it when Kyle told her that she looked good, had to respond with her comment, (paraphrasing) "just because I look good doesn't mean I'm not sick".

What in the hell? The proper response would have been a simple "thank you".  And she also took exception to Kyle's example of how she had suffered depression when her mom was passing away. That meant nothing to Yolanda. She had to throw out the comment about nothing being compared to Lyme. What that meant was "nothing compares to me and my suffering".

Yolanda cares nothing about anyone or anything except Yolanda, and she even uses her children and mother ( and David before he jumped ship) to try and project her martyr image.

I truly believe that blind gossip item about her wanting to start her own reality show.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 17

Yes, she really is very disturbing. I totally agree with your statement that she is always right. She is definitely not interested in anyone else's point of view and she doesn't care to ask her friends about what is going on with them or their lives. Everything has to revolve around her and her health issues.

She did not like it when Kyle told her that she looked good, had to respond with her comment, (paraphrasing) "just because I look good doesn't mean I'm not sick".

What in the hell? The proper response would have been a simple "thank you".  And she also took exception to Kyle's example of how she had suffered depression when her mom was passing away. That meant nothing to Yolanda. She had to throw out the comment about nothing being compared to Lyme. What that meant was "nothing compares to me and my suffering".

Yolanda cares nothing about anyone or anything except Yolanda, and she even uses her children and mother ( and David before he jumped ship) to try and project her martyr image.

I truly believe that blind gossip item about her wanting to start her own reality show.

You're right.  Everything always has to revolve around her.  She was that way before she got sick.  Clearly, she feels she's superior to pretty much everyone, and that she's worthy of all the attention.  She always tries to spin her interactions with other people into a spotlight on herself.   I agree - Her conversation with Kyle was pretty telling.  She doesn't want it broadcast on national television that anyone thinks she doesn't look sick.  She's ill, damn it!  And no one is going to get away with saying anything that in any way could possibly dispute that.  She also showed zero compassion or interest in what Kyle was telling her.  She showed up with no makeup so the focus would be on her, and she didn't want Kyle stealing her thunder.  What Kyle did was what friends do, but Yolanda wanted no part of it because it wasn't enough about her.  And of course she did not want Kyle to pull away the facade of Yolanda as "sickest person ever", even though that was not at all Kyle's intention.  Yolanda turned it into a competition, as she always does.

As for David, I don't like him very much.  However, I think she must be awful to live with, and very exhausting.  I don't think he jumped ship because she got sick.  I think he found her insufferable.  I know I do, and we're just getting tiny doses!  In any case, I'm Team David on this one.  She's a drama queen who was throwing ridiculous amounts of money away, pontificating all over the place, and I imagine he thought there was no need for him to live like that, having his life dominated by her constant talk about her health, long-suffering diatribes, and probably a whole lot of guilt thrust at him too when there was nothing he could say or do that wouldn't result in her insistence that she was deathly ill and unable to do things he knew damn well she could do.  I doubt he liked the lying that was so transparent.  I also don't think this was ever a big love match to begin with.  They had zero chemistry, he acted as though he barely knew her, and her "My Love" declarations were far too over the top and far too often to be believable.  So I wouldn't have given this marriage a whole lot of time, anyway, whether or not she got sick.

Yes, I totally believe the blind item too.  I think that's probably what it's been about from the start, and she's in there plugging away, doing her best to make it happen.  I'm sure lots of HW's over the years have wanted the same thing, but I've never seen any of them stoop so low or resort to such despicable tactics.  I really have nothing against her son or daughters, but I would never ever watch such a show.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 13

I also would never watch a reality show revolving around her and her children. I assume if she gets a contract for one she'll experience a sudden and miraculous return to perfect health so she can take center stage -- and manage them behind the scenes.

That scene with the will came off like Yolanda's ultimate "audition" of herself and her family. "See what our show would look like? Wouldn't everyone be fascinated to watch our interactions?"

Gigi is somewhat interesting because of her looks and rocket to modeling fame but I can't imagine I'd find 3 young siblings making cheese "dippers" entertaining week after week, no matter how attractive they are. They just don't have the "put it all out there" personas of the Kardashian clan, who managed to stumble into and then mold a specific niche of reality TV and milk it for all its worth.

But then, what do I know about what 20 to 30 year olds will watch?

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8

OK, I totally buy the Reality Show of Her Very Own theory. During or right after their first season David stated his wife was far above the rest of the cast; the Fosters were only on RH to showcase Yolanda's many talents in order to launch her own show. Hence stuff like Suzanne Somers coming to the house saying stuff like 'Yolanda has such a special touch' when Yo basically threw a sliced lemon on a plate, Yolanda claiming she "built" her house, and that stupid little square canvas painting party. Gigi may have inherited her mother's gift for self-recognized awesomeness based on that grilled cheese scene.

I want to believe Yo because I have a chronic condition as well, but she's lost me.

• Love 10

chick binewski I am sorry for what is ailing you. Comments, like yours, about how Yolanda has lost you, are a reminder that she is not doing a good job at informing the public or raising awareness of her afflictions. If her words and actions don't resonate to those who are chronically ill, then why should she expect to reach those who are clueless about LD and the other issues she is supposedly facing? Especially when questions arise and the responses she gives lead one to question her more or she becomes defensive and holds back on answering.

I came across this when searching for something else. It is Yolanda's daily life schedule. This is dated January 2014:

http://hauteliving.com/2014/01/yolanda-fosters-haute-schedule-reality-day-real-housewives-beverly-hills-stars-life/443072/

6 AM My alarm goes off to wake up my son, Anwar, for school. My favorite thing is to sneak in his bed and snuggle for a couple of minutes before his day starts.

6:30 AM I like to start my day with a glass of warm water with fresh lemon juice. Our breakfast consists of a different grain every morning like oatmeal, buckwheat, or millet with a fruit compote boiled in water. Once he is off to school, I take about 20 different herbal drops and vitamins with a glass of natural papaya juice, as I am still rebuilding my immune system from my battle with Lyme disease.

7 AM My first call of the day is to my oldest daughter, Gigi, who has just moved to New York. I like to get the house organized and ready for the film crews that are coming to the house that day in order to prepare my workday.

7:30 AM I wake up my daughter, Bella, and bring my husband, David, breakfast in bed, which is our little daily ritual together; we connect for a minute before he leaves for the studio.

8 AM I do a very light workout on the Power Plate pro 7 to keep muscle tone, as I don’t have my full strength back yet. I love this machine!

9 AM Quick morning shower incorporating my favorite products: a skincare line from Kaplan MD of Beverly Hills, Aroma Therapy body wash and Paul Mitchell hair care products.

10 AM I usually work in my home office, where I plan upcoming shoots for The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and see to the development of my company, Hopelessly Romantic. While working, I try to drink at least four cups of herbal teas land three large bottles of Aqua Hydrate water.

12 PM When lunchtime hits, I’ll eat a raw salad and steamed veggies with extra virgin olive oil and white balsamic vinegar that I buy at our local farmers market, Rosemary Olive Oil, and Leonardo and Roberto’s Gourmet Blend. Also, I have a splash of lemon from my own lemon trees.

2 PM Snack time! I prefer healthy snacks like half of an avocado with lemon juice and some raw cashews with Brazil nuts on the side. Another option is Kind bars — almond and coconut are my favorites. When I am out, I always carry a variation of raw nuts in my purse to snack on during the day.

6 PM During the week I try to be very strict about sticking to our family dinner, as it is really important to me to connect with the children. We share our experiences of the day and love to discuss different subjects. I try to cook light and healthy meals such as quinoa pasta, salads and lots of veggies.

7 PM David and I either attend to our various social commitments or just stay home. My favorite time of year is when we watch films (screeners) for the Academy Awards with a big bag of popcorn and vote for our favorite movies.

9:30 – 11 PM Before I go to sleep, I love to take a hot bath with salts and baking soda. At bedtime, I always try to create a relaxing and romantic ambiance in my bedroom before I snuggle up with my love in our favorite place in the world.

• Love 3

6 AM My alarm goes off to wake up my son, Anwar, for school. My favorite thing is to sneak in his bed and snuggle for a couple of minutes before his day starts.

At bedtime, I always try to create a relaxing and romantic ambiance in my bedroom before I snuggle up with my love in our favorite place in the world.

Even if he was 10 when she posted this, isn't that a little old for Mommy's bed-snuggles? I'm hoping she's not referring to Anwar in that second quote...

The whole thing is beyond precious. And pretentious.

Wonder how quickly she got on the phone to BellGi's after she saw the "WE EAT LOTS!!!!" Instagram or whatever that was.

• Love 5

I just realized that Yolanda is the Donald Trump of Lyme disease. Everything with her is huge, bigger than the average person can comprehend, everything she experiences is more important than what anyone else experiences, the're both liars, what she says is more profound, and, the most glaring similarity, they're both assholes.

• Love 12

Yolanda sure likes to snuggle! I agree that 17-year-old Anwar probably does NOT allow mommy to wake him up by snuggling with him at 6 a.m. He probably cringed when he read that and said, "MOM, the last time I let you do that I was 11 years old."

An I'm-going-to-Hell-for-this question: If Yolanda wasn't recovering from LD or CLD or whatever she terms it, what would she be doing with her time? You can only make so many lemon pies... Which reminds me, is this another Yo exaggeration? She said she spent "hours" "gardening" in her lime grove every week. Do lime trees need that much care? The orange and grapefruit trees my aunt had in Florida seemed to need little tending. Now if she had pointed out a lovely seating area in the grove and said, "I sit here and read and meditate for several hours" I would have thought that reasonable. But if she's too tired to take a walk with Her Love, how is she "gardening" for "hours"?

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

chick binewski I am sorry for what is ailing you. Comments, like yours, about how Yolanda has lost you, are a reminder that she is not doing a good job at informing the public or raising awareness of her afflictions. If her words and actions don't resonate to those who are chronically ill, then why should she expect to reach those who are clueless about LD and the other issues she is supposedly facing? Especially when questions arise and the responses she gives lead one to question her more or she becomes defensive and holds back on answering.

I came across this when searching for something else. It is Yolanda's daily life schedule. This is dated January 2014:

http://hauteliving.com/2014/01/yolanda-fosters-haute-schedule-reality-day-real-housewives-beverly-hills-stars-life/443072/

Hmmm, To me, it sounds like she was in recovery long before this season was filmed!

"6:30 AM Once he is off to school, I take about 20 different herbal drops and vitamins with a glass of natural papaya juice, as I am still rebuilding my immune system from my battle with Lyme disease."

"8 AM I do a very light workout on the Power Plate pro 7 to keep muscle tone, as I don’t have my full strength back yet. I love this machine!"

Sounds like she was much, much, better than she is portraying herself on the show.

• Love 6
Wonder how quickly she got on the phone to BellGi's after she saw the "WE EAT LOTS!!!!" Instagram or whatever that was.

​Oh, man, I bet pretty quickly. Then she probably had a colonic, and snuggled her med closet.

• Love 6