Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump: Pink is her Favorite Color

• Start Topic

In February 2015, LVP blogged: http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/lisa-vanderpump/lisa-v-brandis-behavior-was

I think the perfect example of how relevant [Max's] adoption was happened one night when we came home from dinner, and a couple who had worked for us at the house for years said Max was acting up, being silly, and telling them how he was adopted, which they believed to be untrue. They would've never known, they said, he was the image of his father. My point being, it was never mentioned, it was never important. If he had questions, I answered them as simply as I could.

Are the children different to me? Do I love them differently? Is there a biological connection that makes a relationship stronger? I honestly don't have the answer to that. All I know is I loved them both and we had a happy family.

Sometimes as siblings they would fight. Pandora believed Max to be favored, as he was exempt from blame because he was younger, but Max would say differently. Max had to be pushed and encouraged much more than Pandora.

Each child is different, each relationship varies, but one thing I know for sure is biology has little to do with emotional connections, of that Max and I are sure.

In March 2014, she tweeted, “My children regardless of how they got here, are equal in my eyes… they know that, hate for anyone to intimate otherwise.”

http://allthingsrh.com/lisa-vanderpump-love-children-equally/

• Love 14
14 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Perhaps it's not something one would find offensive unless one was adopted or adopted a child.  I am adopted.  I don't honestly care what Lisa's motivations were.  I don't care what she fears.  She said, on camera, that Max was less than, and cast blame on his foreign blood.  Nature versus nurture is a controversial topic, but I think Lisa should spend more time contemplating her parental failings, rather than implying that from birth, Max was destined to be inferior due to his DNA.

Sorry, but she did not do any such thing. When that episode aired, I went back and transcribed exactly what she said to show just how grossly she was taken out of context. I am having difficulty finding the post because it was so long ago, but Lisa did not say or imply any such thing. People jumped to that conclusion based on a very limited interpretation of what she actually said. 

• Love 15

@MatildaMoody here's your previous post:

On January 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM, MatildaMoody said:

But this is essentially what Lisa did say. Her exact words were, "Max is a different animal to Ken, and I, and Pandora. Is that because we don't share the same genes? I don't know, because I think that each child is different. But as long as he's happy...what do they say? A mother is as happy as her saddest child."

ETA: I was actually kind of surprised at how much Lisa was villified for saying this. When I finally watched the episode, I was really surprised to find that she wasn't in fact saying that Max was some how less than, or that Pandora was awesome and Max was awful. I expected to hear her say something about how much of a crapshoot adoption is and how they just didn't hit the jackpot. I truly was expecting to hear her say something uncaring or horrible about Max and the fact that he was adopted. So, imagine how surprised I was to find that it was much ado about nothing. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I think Jason is living in a glided cage too.  I think he was the cat that ate the canary when he landed Pandora. Maybe he was an opportunist or maybe he fell in love with the irresistible Pandy. Who knows. But his life is following her around from reality show to reality show - literally behind her. He needs his own business - not one funded or initiated by the Todds. 

I wouldn't want my inlaws buying me a home. Strings are attached even if they are unspoken. You are never free to spend your money/time freely without feeling that you are obligated in some way to spend time with them.  I think LVP and Pandora have a great relationship. And they seem to like Jason a lot. But it is somewhat emasculating to have a home handed to you.

Shades of Vicki's gift to Brianna - here's a car - now you make the payments.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, jinjer said:

I think Jason is living in a glided cage too.  I think he was the cat that ate the canary when he landed Pandora. Maybe he was an opportunist or maybe he fell in love with the irresistible Pandy. Who knows. But his life is following her around from reality show to reality show - literally behind her. He needs his own business - not one funded or initiated by the Todds. 

I wouldn't want my inlaws buying me a home. Strings are attached even if they are unspoken. You are never free to spend your money/time freely without feeling that you are obligated in some way to spend time with them.  I think LVP and Pandora have a great relationship. And they seem to like Jason a lot. But it is somewhat emasculating to have a home handed to you.

Shades of Vicki's gift to Brianna - here's a car - now you make the payments.

Lisa/Ken did not outright buy Pandora/Jason that house. They made the down payment for them and bought them some furniture, nothing more. LOL FWIW,  my husband and I did the same thing (on a smaller/less expensive scale) for our son and now DIL and expected nothing in return beyond a kiss/hug and Thank You.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa/Ken did not outright buy Pandora/Jason that house. They made the down payment for them and bought them some furniture, nothing more. LOL FWIW,  my husband and I did the same thing (on a smaller/less expensive scale) for our son and now DIL and expected nothing in return beyond a kiss/hug and Thank You.

Would you consider adopting me?  :-)

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Would you consider adopting me?  :-)

We were smart, when the kids got engaged, we knew her family would not be able to help much with wedding costs, so we pulled aside some money, invested it and used that for the down payment, some furniture/appliances and to help the kids with wedding costs. It wasn't much by HW standards, about 15-20K total but they used the money wisely.

• Love 6

Lisa and Ken did more than buy some furniture. It was fully furnished. And it was a complete surprise. Jason and Pandora had no say in selecting the home, the address or the decor. According to the article, it is furnished just like the Vanderpump-Todd home replete with pink flowers. LVP says she asked Pandora "interior design" related questions over the course of a few months to make sure it was done to her liking. To me, this is much different than parents helping kids out with buying their first home. And notice it did not say they asked Panora and Jason about their design proclivities. I have to agree with posters that there is no way Jason won't always be aware whose home it really is - and there is no way these two won't be beholden to Ken/LVP for a very long time.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Lisa and Ken did more than buy some furniture. It was fully furnished. And it was a complete surprise. Jason and Pandora had no say in selecting the home, the address or the decor. According to the article, it is furnished just like the Vanderpump-Todd home replete with pink flowers. LVP says she asked Pandora "interior design" related questions over the course of a few months to make sure it was done to her liking. To me, this is much different than parents helping kids out with buying their first home. And notice it did not say they asked Panora and Jason about their design proclivities. I have to agree with posters that there is no way Jason won't always be aware whose home it really is - and there is no way these two won't be beholden to Ken/LVP for a very long time.

It's hard to imagine any grown man would be down with his parents or in-laws buying him a house.  Maybe I feel that way because most of our family and friends married in their late 20s, early 30s and were established in careers.  Perhaps if my son was a young married person and needed help?  I dunno.  But my husband is very proud that he never took money from his parents. LOL. Very proud. Obnoxiously proud. So I don't know if he'd be keen on buying Jr. a house.  (Mama would have to slip the money to him on the side. ;-)   And it would be a cold day in hell before my husb would accept money from my parents, for sure.  Didn't Mr. Pandi come from big money, too?

Who knows.  Maybe that's how the filthy rich do things.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

It's hard to imagine any grown man would be down with his parents or in-laws buying him a house.  Maybe I feel that way because most of our family and friends married in their late 20s, early 30s and were established in careers.  Perhaps if my son was a young married person and needed help?  I dunno.  But my husband is very proud that he never took money from his parents. LOL. Very proud. Obnoxiously proud. So I don't know if he'd be keen on buying Jr. a house.  (Mama would have to slip the money to him on the side. ;-)   And it would be a cold day in hell before my husb would accept money from my parents, for sure.  Didn't Mr. Pandi come from big money, too?

Who knows.  Maybe that's how the filthy rich do things.   

According to the DM article, Pandora/Jason have a mortgage to pay so Lisa/Ken did not buy them the house, they gave them the down payment. Which means that Pandora/Jason applied for a mortgage before Lisa/Ken made the dp. Now, the furnishings, I can believe that Lisa bought/paid for a decorator to help furnish the house before P/J moved in.

While my husband and I are far, very far, from being wealthy, let alone "filthy rich", we also gave our son the down payment for his house, the mortgage payments are up to him/DIL to make/maintain. LOL

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

While my husband and I are far, very far, from being wealthy, let alone "filthy rich", we also gave our son the down payment for his house, the mortgage payments are up to him/DIL to make/maintain. LOL

I didn't say it couldn't be done.  If our son was unable to work or marries young, we would help him.  But at 30?  Nope. Unless he was somehow disabled.  It's nice that you did that for your son.  But like I said, our friends and family married later and didn't need/want help.  Now, Mr. Rye did accept a patio set that his parents bought for him when he bought his first house - for him I think he takes such pride of ownership of his house that it's always been something he felt it important to do for himself.  That said, he bought his first house at 22. Reagan was in office.  I realize that, now, it's not as easy for 22 year olds to do the same so that's why more parents are willing to help.  But at 30, we kind of expect our kid to be well on his way to independence in all things.

• Love 2

Family is a great thing. It's pretty great when they all pull together and get things done.

What K+L did was good, not great....For most of the main reasons people have stated. EVERYONE wants to be able to skip the hassle of looking, getting, furnishing a home. You want to live where YOU want to live. When I see the 'house hunting' programs and watch people act like fucking dicks because there is a simple matter of wallpaper, a window placement or a shrub in the wrong place, I go crazy. People aren't satisfied with a home with the basic amenities, they want perfection and with some pretty stupid expectations.. Somewhere down the line someone is going to make a comment that won't sit well with the other.

Like,  "WE wanted marble counters", "Are you happy with the trees?", "Mr Pandy doesn't like pink, he had a football party and someone made fun of the color", etc. LVP is going to want to hear about her praises being sung about and the Pandys may wonder why they didn't get the stereo with the Klipsch speakers - the Samsung unit just doesn't fit in with the décor?

LOL, IF I cannot pay my own way or pay for a date, I am going to stay at home.

I worked for my keep and when if I didn't have, I went without. There were times that were hard, but I appreciated simple things more because of that. Having a dream supplied for you is pretty selfish of the giver?

Getting a house in your MIL's colors, location and décor and to have it's gifting as a fluff piece in the media would make me seriously uneasy about the whole deal.....but that is the way I roll?

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

According to the DM article, Pandora/Jason have a mortgage to pay so Lisa/Ken did not buy them the house, they gave them the down payment. Which means that Pandora/Jason applied for a mortgage before Lisa/Ken made the dp. Now, the furnishings, I can believe that Lisa bought/paid for a decorator to help furnish the house before P/J moved in.

For fit and shiggles, couldn't K+L buy the house and hold the paper? If they Pandys did apply and were approved for the purchase, wouldn't it make more work to have it all transferred over? I never bought a house so I don't know these things.....

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Family is a great thing. It's pretty great when they all pull together and get things done.

What K+L did was good, not great....For most of the main reasons people have stated. EVERYONE wants to be able to skip the hassle of looking, getting, furnishing a home. You want to live where YOU want to live. When I see the 'house hunting' programs and watch people act like fucking dicks because there is a simple matter of wallpaper, a window placement or a shrub in the wrong place, I go crazy. People aren't satisfied with a home with the basic amenities, they want perfection and with some pretty stupid expectations.. Somewhere down the line someone is going to make a comment that won't sit well with the other.

Like,  "WE wanted marble counters", "Are you happy with the trees?", "Mr Pandy doesn't like pink, he had a football party and someone made fun of the color", etc. LVP is going to want to hear about her praises being sung about and the Pandys may wonder why they didn't get the stereo with the Klipsch speakers - the Samsung unit just doesn't fit in with the décor?

I worked for my keep and when if I didn't have, I went without. There were times that were hard, but I appreciated simple things more because of that. Having a dream supplied for you is pretty selfish of the giver?

Getting a house in your MIL's colors, location and décor and to have it's gifting as a fluff piece in the media would make me seriously uneasy about the whole deal.....but that is the way I roll?

Pandora's gonna get like 1/2 to 1/3rd of the fortune eventually. Mr Pandora's gotta know this, waiting for your in-laws to die is what Beverly Hills marriages are about. 

Also, I just want to say that Pandora is a really stupid name. 

• Love 5

It was a nice thing Lisa and Ken did but for me personally, I would want to decorate my own home. I enjoy the process and I would want to make the memories and my own mark. Does that make sense?  That is all part of making a home with your hubby. I also feel that way about holidays. It is nice to celebrate with parents but once I had kids, I always made sure we did our own celebration in our home. I wanted to start a tradition and for them to have those memories. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

I didn't say it couldn't be done.  If our son was unable to work or marries young, we would help him.  But at 30?  Nope. Unless he was somehow disabled.  It's nice that you did that for your son.  But like I said, our friends and family married later and didn't need/want help.  Now, Mr. Rye did accept a patio set that his parents bought for him when he bought his first house - for him I think he takes such pride of ownership of his house that it's always been something he felt it important to do for himself.  That said, he bought his first house at 22. Reagan was in office.  I realize that, now, it's not as easy for 22 year olds to do the same so that's why more parents are willing to help.  But at 30, we kind of expect our kid to be well on his way to independence in all things.

With school loans between the 2 of them and an up coming wedding, they didn't have much saved up for a house, so we helped out. We were glad we could do it but they made the final decisions, not us.

2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

My son did the house shopping, although if they like a house they had us come look at it and got our advice. The house they ended up buying, we all loved even though we wished it would have been closer to our home, it is a half hour from us.

1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

For fit and shiggles, couldn't K+L buy the house and hold the paper? If they Pandys did apply and were approved for the purchase, wouldn't it make more work to have it all transferred over? I never bought a house so I don't know these things.....

That is possible but I really believe that Pandora/Jason picked the house themselves before Lisa/Ken gave them the down payment.

17 minutes ago, FanOfTheFans said:

It was a nice thing Lisa and Ken did but for me personally, I would want to decorate my own home. I enjoy the process and I would want to make the memories and my own mark. Does that make sense?  That is all part of making a home with your hubby. I also feel that way about holidays. It is nice to celebrate with parents but once I had kids, I always made sure we did our own celebration in our home. I wanted to start a tradition and for them to have those memories. 

I agree, P/J should have been allowed to buy/furnish the house on their own. I get getting them some furniture/appliances, but not the whole shebang. We got our son/now DIL the washer/dryer and then gave them some money to get a few pieces of furniture themselves. I still buy things like lamps, area rugs for them but the style they (especially my DIL) loves, not necessarily what I love.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, editorgrrl said:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/lisa-vanderpump-buys-daughter-pandora-a-house-for-her-30th-birthday

This season, Ken wanted to open a new restaurant so Max could run it.

Not related to the thread but......I was curious as to how the Manzo brothers restaurant was doing and went on YELP to see what the reviews were like and found out that it was closed.  There were some weird reviews that people wrote - I read reviews for fun - and it was a matter of time before the ax fell. I was surprised that even with Big Al's help, they weren't able to keep the place open.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

With school loans between the 2 of them and an up coming wedding, they didn't have much saved up for a house, so we helped out. We were glad we could do it but they made the final decisions, not us.

My son did the house shopping, although if they like a house they had us come look at it and got our advice. The house they ended up buying, we all loved even though we wished it would have been closer to our home, it is a half hour from us.

That is possible but I really believe that Pandora/Jason picked the house themselves before Lisa/Ken gave them the down payment.

I agree, P/J should have been allowed to buy/furnish the house on their own. I get getting them some furniture/appliances, but not the whole shebang. We got our son/now DIL the washer/dryer and then gave them some money to get a few pieces of furniture themselves. I still buy things like lamps, area rugs for them but the style they (especially my DIL) loves, not necessarily what I love.

Most people go that route for their kids - nothing wrong with that.

You kicked out a few dollars in aid and you got some input as to what was going to be bought. After that, you help them make it THEIR own nest with some things you gifted to the cause. L+K have taken ALL THE FUN out of allowing the Pandy's to put together a home - there is no "You have to see what we did to the place!". Let's say the Pandy's don't like something and change it without Lisa's permission? I draw the line at fucking pink anything......LOL..I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation?

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I hope Pandora and Jason picked out the house and were in the process of purchasing it. But really, that house had to have been purchased and closed before LVP decorated it.  No one lets you in to redecorate unless you own it.  LVP/Ken may hold the mortgage.

Wirewrap it was nice of you to give money for the downpayment. But I assume you didn't pick out the home.  I think newlyweds are more likely to accept a financial gift like this. Pandy and Jason have been married 5 years. I know she turned 30 or some other milestone bday.  But being married 5 years and being gifted a fully-decorated home/down payment just seems way too intrusive into a marriage. I could see LVP saying, we are giving you a $500k downpayment for your home. Go buy one.  And then I will hire a decorator for you. But surprising her/them with a fully decorated home is too meddling IMO. Meanwhile - the house looks great. I would like it.  And a pool!  

Pandora! Portia! So exotic. Attention seeking people name their kids that. Oh - Kyle and LVP - makes sense.  Nothing plebeian will do.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 2

I'm of two minds on the house issue. My in-laws did something like this for my husband's sisters. They said they would buy a house that the could live in and after five years, they'd look at transferring ownership. At the time, it seemed very controlling to me; I sort of thought to myself, just give them the down payment and let them have the house without strings. But now that I am older, I can understand why they did it. The sisters were in their early 20s and sometimes people don't make the best long term decisions at that age. The down payment on a house is a lot of money and the in-laws didn't want to see it lost because of perhaps selling the house to soon or something like that. The picking it out and the decorating? For all I know Pandora has complete faith in her Mother's real estate and decorating choices, and would have asked her to do it anyway? 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I draw the line at fucking pink anything......LOL.

Do you think Jason is okay with the portrait of Pinky&Pandy on the kitchen wall, forever watching as he makes the morning coffee in his underwear?

33F05EEA00000578-3578927-Chef_s_delight_

• Love 8
(edited)

The whole thing did seem pretty weird to me as well.

Then again, I don't know what their relationship is with their son in law, they seemed pretty close.  Maybe they know he doesn't care at all about decor, and leaves every bit of it to Pandora anyway, so the only issue was doing it all in a way Pandora would love.  Maybe they did look at this house and decide it was too much for their budget, or they took Lisa/Ken there for their opinion?  Maybe they said they wanted to move back to LA, or wanted a place in LA too?

Honestly, I can't imagine either Lisa or Ken doing that without most or all of those things being true.  I just can't.

As far as the size/value of the gift?  Meh, rich people.  As someone said, their kids will get it all eventually, why not now?  Comparatively, how different is it from a parent of more modest means giving a kid an expensive camera or computer or car?  It's all relative.  As far as their ages?  Again, rich people.  What are they going to gift them?  I actually like the idea of something practical over ridiculously expensive watches and purses.

All in all?  Don't care.  If any of my probably maybes are not true though?  Kind of creepy/controlling.

3 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Do you think Jason is okay with the portrait of Pinky&Pandy on the kitchen wall, forever watching as he makes the morning coffee in his underwear?

OK, THAT is weird!  Ha!

Although moving a picture on the wall would be pretty easy.  Ha!  I also think those chairs are too short.

Edited by Umbelina
rye's post
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Most people go that route for their kids - nothing wrong with that.

You kicked out a few dollars in aid and you got some input as to what was going to be bought. After that, you help them make it THEIR own nest with some things you gifted to the cause. L+K have taken ALL THE FUN out of allowing the Pandy's to put together a home - there is no "You have to see what we did to the place!". Let's say the Pandy's don't like something and change it without Lisa's permission? I draw the line at fucking pink anything......LOL..I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation?

Well, our now DIL wasn't happy that our son wanted our impute, not at all but he had his reasons, that being we bought/owned our own home and knew what to look for structure wise. I have a sneaking suspicion that Pandora is a "pink" girl/woman herself. LOL

1 hour ago, jinjer said:

I hope Pandora and Jason picked out the house and were in the process of purchasing it. But really, that house had to have been purchased and closed before LVP decorated it.  No one lets you in to redecorate unless you own it.  LVP/Ken may hold the mortgage.

Wirewrap it was nice of you to give money for the downpayment. But I assume you didn't pick out the home.  I think newlyweds are more likely to accept a financial gift like this. Pandy and Jason have been married 5 years. I know she turned 30 or some other milestone bday.  But being married 5 years and being gifted a fully-decorated home/down payment just seems way too intrusive into a marriage. I could see LVP saying, we are giving you a $500k downpayment for your home. Go buy one.  And then I will hire a decorator for you. But surprising her/them with a fully decorated home is too meddling IMO. Meanwhile - the house looks great. I would like it.  And a pool!  

Pandora! Portia! So exotic. Attention seeking people name their kids that. Oh - Kyle and LVP - makes sense.  Nothing plebeian will do.

Most likely the house needed some updating and Pandora/Jason took care of that while Lisa hired the decorator to do the rest of the house as a surprise.

1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I think that is a picture of Pandora as a child and maybe Jason (blonde) as a child as well. I don't think it is Lisa.

(edited)
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Doesn't sound that way from the article:

Lisa "pulled it off" by inviting Pandora to a dinner party at the house's address. The RHOBH daughter said it was a "completely overwhelming surprise," and she "cried profusely" upon entering the new home. 

If Pandora had picked the house ahead of time, she would know something was up if LVP invited her to a dinner party at the address. The only way this surprise dinner party scenario works is if Pandora had no idea about the house or the address prior to arriving there.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Doesn't sound that way from the article:

If Pandora had picked the house ahead of time, she would know something was up if LVP invited her to a dinner party at the address. The only way this surprise dinner party scenario works is if Pandora had no idea about the house or the address prior to arriving there.

First, we are talking about a "report" done by the DM, a questionable source to begin with, much like ROL.  Second, there would be a record, a provable record had Lisa/Ken actually bought the house outright themselves. I really think they just did the down payment/decorator and P/J thought the house was still being "renovated" but who knows? Maybe it was a house P/J looked at, loved but didn't have enough cash/credit to buy it so L/K got it for it for them.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

First, we are talking about a "report" done by the DM, a questionable source to begin with, much like ROL.  Second, there would be a record, a provable record had Lisa/Ken actually bought the house outright themselves. I really think they just did the down payment/decorator and P/J thought the house was still being "renovated" but who knows? Maybe it was a house P/J looked at, loved but didn't have enough cash/credit to buy it so L/K got it for it for them.

Not sure about the DM, but the article I linked to was the Bravo TV website, which I don't think would falsely report on its cherished Bravolebrities. Also, there are direct quotes from Pandora about being "completely surprised."

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Not sure about the DM, but the article I linked to was the Bravo TV website, which I don't think would falsely report on its cherished Bravolebrities. Also, there are direct quotes from Pandora about being "completely surprised."

DM = Daily Mail, a British tabloid like the Enquire or like ROL. In fact, DM uses ROL as a regular source. I believe the Bravo story sites DM as their source. LOL

• Love 2

It's possible LVP talked to Jason and got his input.  Maybe they were looking in a particular area, etc.  She wanted it to be a secret from Pandora specifically.  It was an anniversary gift, but it sounded mostly like a 30th birthday gift to Pandora.  

• Love 2
(edited)

We all know our own children.  I have two sons who I gift within my means.  If I could afford to buy and decorate homes for them as a surprise, I would.  Both of them and their wives would love my choices and I know what they would like.  This is not true with everyone but it is with my boys and clearly LisaV knows her daughter well. 

Both have asked me for things in our house and asked for my decorating advice often.  All kids are not like this, of course, and if not you wouldn't go so far as to impose your choices on them.  You would ask and do it together.

It is my experience that most often the woman guides the ship of decor and men don't care that much.  Does Jason care if he makes coffee under the picture of Pinky and Pandy?  Oh hell no.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

To me this is a lose/lose for LVP. Either she had Pandora's and Jason's input and this is all just a pr stunt or she really is the worlds most intrusive mother in law. 

Remember the good ole days when you did nice things for people and you didn't have to advertise it to the world? I want those days back.

• Love 9

The worst that can happen is Pandora and Jason can sell the house furnished and buy a home of their choosing with the down payment and equity created.  I believe Pandora contacted Daily Mail for the story and pictorial I still think it is an excellent way for estate planning and I assume it factors into their employment as well.  LVP has said Pandora is essential at PUMP. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, wings707 said:

Does Jason care if he makes coffee under the picture of Pinky and Pandy?  Oh hell no.   

If he doesn't then it's kind of weird, imo.  I tried to think of my husband's reaction to my mother hanging a big portrait of me and her in our kitchen.  That thing is huge - the pictures themselves are 11x14s and then framed together - and I have to laugh.  He's got better taste than that.  I also tried to think of how my son would react if I hung a picture of me and him in his and his (future) wife's kitchen.  Bahahahahaha

Even if those are portraits of Pandi and Mr. Pandi as children, I still think it's all wrong for a kitchen.

But if it makes them happy....

That said, I love the house.  Pinky pays attention to detail.  One tiny one I noticed, is the crystal vase in the kitchen photo has a diamond pattern, similar to the pattern on the dining room rug.  The same, but that's where the matchy/matchy ends.  Just enough.  I agree with whoever said, upthread that the island stools are too low and the island has too much 'stuff' on it.  The sooner some of those flowers go to heaven, the better.

• Love 5

The island looks to be about 36" and the chairs 30", so that's pretty normal.  I think the backs of the chairs make them look short.   If they were open back, or slatted back it wouldn't look as clunky.

• Love 3

The entire house was staged for a photo shoot.  When they move in they will bring their own things, buy some stuff that works for them and the photos in the kitchen will probably go back to LVPs house where they have been all along.  

• Love 5

My mom didn't have any photos, just the little plaques with the cute sayings on them, one, I swear to god said this -

Back door neighbors are the best kind of neighbors.

Maybe photos of the kids would have been a better choice?

• Love 5

The chill has thawed.  LVP retweeted photos of Mohammed and her together at Pump last night celebrating what I think was Dwight Coates bday.  Hoyce was there.  Boy Taylor's and one really hangs around.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, jinjer said:

The chill has thawed.  LVP retweeted photos of Mohammed and her together at Pump last night celebrating what I think was Dwight Coates bday.  Hoyce was there.  Boy Taylor's and one really hangs around.

Can peace in the Middle East be far behind?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jinjer said:

Yay! I fear for my mental health because that makes me very very  happy. I just really hate to see long term relationships damaged by a TV show. I can't lie I hope this causes Yo a little distress , she was just so gleeful relaying to Andy that they hadn't spoken in 8 months. 

• Love 11

I think most here would agree that they would like to be a part of the process of something as important as a home and even the furnishings. But the discussion is getting to the point where it seems like people are just enjoying projecting their own feelings to make it seem like LVP and Ken have done something horrible to their daughter and her husband. We get it, that's not for you (or me either) but we also didn't grow up with the wealth and privilege to say for certain that under the same circumstances we wouldn't accept the same. Perfectly fine to disagree with the gesture but it's getting to the point where an agenda is present to vilify the parents over this. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

Nice that she and Mo are friends again.

I had not heard this.  Yes, it is nice.  How do we know this?  I was not sure I believed they were totally on the outs as Yo mentioned on WWHL but something went down.  We will never know the real story of what actually happened either.  LVP and Mo will never talk about the details. 

• Love 3