Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

Welcome Nexxie.

obviously their childhood did neither any favors, from the "get pregnant and get married while you are still teenagers, but ONLY to a rich man!" on.

And, this is fact? Where does this info come from? Don't tell me it is that Hilton book.

I don't know enough of them to come to the consensus that they followed some ideology to get pregnant as teenagers and marry a rich man. However, if this was true, and I am not sure it is, it might explain or give some explanation as to what could have started this downward spiral for Kim.

I have more sympathy for Kim though, because she does have a disease and does seem to be fighting to be well.

I have sympathy for all addicts. Al-anon and therapy opened my eyes to how badly this disease has been stigmatized. That doesn't rule out any possibility that Kim is also just an asshole on top of being an addict. Not all addicts were once great, happy people who are now raging lunatics because of addiction. Kim is likely an asshole and the addiction is just magnifying that aspect about them.  Kyle is not an addict and she has asshole moments. Why can't Kim, who was raised with Kyle, also be just an asshole?  

There is a reason Kim is an addict. Some reason, whatever it may be, is not being addressed by her, and that is the most important factor missing in Kim's life. Knowing she doesn't want to attend therapy leaves me to wonder, what is it she doesn't want to face? What could be so bad that Kim doesn't want to delve into that issue?  She has come to the point to acknowledging her lack of sobriety all of these years, but she is not willing to go further to establish why she became an addict to begin with? What is she trying to suppress? Kim gets on my nerves because she has not yet reached that point of sobriety where one must acknowledge when they relapse. I posted before, there is nothing wrong with relapsing. It is to be expected. There is no cure for addiction. It is a day-to-day test of sobriety. Kim is not doing herself any favors by not attending therapy to get to the root of what sent her to drink to begin with. She will likely relapse again.

I think, and this is just my feeling. Another reason Kim won't go to therapy is because she might be told, or she is worry she will be told, she should remove herself from this show, which can be - and it appears to be - affecting her. There are several things that people in post-rehab must do. One of them is evaluate your home life and work life and determine if any changes must be made. Considering this show is filled with lots of drama, real or made-up, it doesn't appear to be a healthy environment for Kim especially if she herself is involved directly in that drama or producers prod others to "poke the crazy".  Hell, this show doesn't seem to do YoFo any favors considering her own health, why would it be a good place for Kim?  Considering she doesn't want to go with Kyle to therapy, how is she going to have a healthy relationship not only with her sister but her co-star? Returning to old routines can induce stress and anxiety.

Another post-rehab commitment a former addict should do is, surround themselves with sober friends. Brandi is definitely not a sober friend. I am not even sure why Jennifer G. is friends with Brandi. It is not that Brandi is just an associate to Kim.  She is what Kim considers a BFF. The temptations and triggers are too high to be around such a person, especially one who drowns her own personal problems by mixing Xanax and alcohol.

This one family member who has been in rehab for alcohol issues (they have relapsed many times) had not done what was required of them. This person did not attend post-rehab therapy or counseling. There is something there this person doesn't want to discuss. Childhood trauma is my guess just from what little they have mentioned. I wouldn't doubt Kim has such a skeleton in her closet, and sadly, she has likely been led to believe it is best to not say anything about what could have happened to her that led her to a life of addiction. I pity her and feel sympathy for whatever may have triggered her down that road. As for her so-called sobriety, she has yet to take ownership and admitted she was a mean, vile person during her relapse and also when she was supposedly clean and sober.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

Yes, from the "Hilton book" that, by the way, mostly uses on the record sources, and things like birth, financial, and marriage records.  Also, the only Richard sister who wasn't pregnant the first time she married a rich guy was Kathy.  They were following in their mother's tradition of getting pregnant first, then married.  Kathy's also the only one who has never divorced.

Actually, one of the sources for the book is the woman Kim's dog bit, her "second mother" as she called her.  Another was their dad's wife until he died, really too many to mention.

I would not trust LeAnn to give an unbiased account of Brandi and to me that was the epic fail in the unauthorized Hilton book. Subsequent wives are rarely flattering about their predecessors and some of the tales that woman shared were unconscionable, if they were even true.  The second mother Kay mostly commented on not wanting to invest in Kathy's singing career because she and her husband felt she was looking to become a Mrs. and did not have the commitment to a singing career. 

Since this is Kyle's thread -there was very little about Kyle other than from Jackson who said the sisters would make snide comments behind people's backs.  Little has changed.  I do think Big Kathy wanted her daughters to marry well-I don't think she wanted them to get pregnant before they married.  I will say this even when disappointed by Kim and Kyle's premarital  pregnancies she supported her daughters.  This would be passed down to Kathy when she had to deal with the embarrassment that was the sex tape released about Paris-both parents very publicly supported Paris.   So there is a history of being very supportive of family members. 

At some point is going to take one of Kyle's daughters to say, "you've been a great mom to us-enough with the Grandma stuff.  We love you."

• Love 4

So happy to find this forum - for weeks I kept thinking there must be a place to discuss this train wreck of a season!

Seems to me that Kyle is still trying to please her dead and deadly narcissistic mother, who didn't even let up on her deathbed, leaving it to Kyle to look after Kim. imo Kyle needs to let go of her crazy mother and "golden child" Kim - they are sucking the life out of her.

Welcome Nexxie. So glad you found us. Not a better place to comment and snark on all things Ho'wives.

• Love 5

No blog from Kyle, still?  Or is the Bravo site simply not showing it, since it's a complete mess now?  She usually likes to get hers up last, probably so she can read the others and the forums first for ideas, but it's Saturday now.

??

Welcome Nexxie.

And, this is fact? Where does this info come from? Don't tell me it is that Hilton book.

I don't know enough of them to come to the consensus that they followed some ideology to get pregnant as teenagers and marry a rich man. However, if this was true, and I am not sure it is, it might explain or give some explanation as to what could have started this downward spiral for Kim.

I have sympathy for all addicts. Al-anon and therapy opened my eyes to how badly this disease has been stigmatized. That doesn't rule out any possibility that Kim is also just an asshole on top of being an addict. Not all addicts were once great, happy people who are now raging lunatics because of addiction. Kim is likely an asshole and the addiction is just magnifying that aspect about them.  Kyle is not an addict and she has asshole moments. Why can't Kim, who was raised with Kyle, also be just an asshole?  

There is a reason Kim is an addict. Some reason, whatever it may be, is not being addressed by her, and that is the most important factor missing in Kim's life. Knowing she doesn't want to attend therapy leaves me to wonder, what is it she doesn't want to face? What could be so bad that Kim doesn't want to delve into that issue?  She has come to the point to acknowledging her lack of sobriety all of these years, but she is not willing to go further to establish why she became an addict to begin with? What is she trying to suppress? Kim gets on my nerves because she has not yet reached that point of sobriety where one must acknowledge when they relapse. I posted before, there is nothing wrong with relapsing. It is to be expected. There is no cure for addiction. It is a day-to-day test of sobriety. Kim is not doing herself any favors by not attending therapy to get to the root of what sent her to drink to begin with. She will likely relapse again.

I think, and this is just my feeling. Another reason Kim won't go to therapy is because she might be told, or she is worry she will be told, she should remove herself from this show, which can be - and it appears to be - affecting her. There are several things that people in post-rehab must do. One of them is evaluate your home life and work life and determine if any changes must be made. Considering this show is filled with lots of drama, real or made-up, it doesn't appear to be a healthy environment for Kim especially if she herself is involved directly in that drama or producers prod others to "poke the crazy".  Hell, this show doesn't seem to do YoFo any favors considering her own health, why would it be a good place for Kim?  Considering she doesn't want to go with Kyle to therapy, how is she going to have a healthy relationship not only with her sister but her co-star? Returning to old routines can induce stress and anxiety.

Thanks GreatKazu!

You make a great point about this show not doing some of these ladies any favors. Without vulnerable cast members these shows would be dull, but it's also kind of creepy the way Bravo hires narcissists, addicts and other messed up people just for ratings. Exploitative - but good TV.

• Love 3

Thanks GreatKazu!

You make a great point about this show not doing some of these ladies any favors. Without vulnerable cast members these shows would be dull, but it's also kind of creepy the way Bravo hires narcissists, addicts and other messed up people just for ratings. Exploitative - but good TV.

It's not Bravo all the major cable networks are doing it (even though it says about Andy dont you think). They know most viewers wouldn't be watching "reality tv" if you dont have a crazy train or two casted. Look at the shows on VH1 they get way better ratings than Bravo because they have found a way to allure a type of audience to watch their RTV this has been going on since the Flavor of Love days and before Bravo became competition.

So I found this- yep I can see why Kim gets a little over the t op when she visited Kyle's home in LaQuinta  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1043052802375600:

Then there is this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1043528492328031

Brandi has spent a great deal of time this year saying how Kyle doesn't care about her family and is only into yachts and planes.  Time for Brandi to put away her broomstick.

No blog from Kyle, still?  Or is the Bravo site simply not showing it, since it's a complete mess now?  She usually likes to get hers up last, probably so she can read the others and the forums first for ideas, but it's Saturday now.

??

She is on vacation this week-first NYC with Alexia and now the desert.  I don't think there was much for her to comment about.  The whole Kyle, Rinna, Kim triangle was kind of a dud-thanks to Rinna.

• Love 4

Kyle was not MIA or late at the airport. She walked off without her carry on and had to retrieve it....which isn't so simple. Unattended bag at an airport, I'm guessing it wasn't as easy as going back and grabbing it from the bathroom. The bag had likely been picked up by airport personnel and could have been anywhere in the airport in a country where you don't speak the language . Plus, it was a carry on which means it did not have an identifying tag and barcode. It might take a minute to locate.

Exactly. It seems time and time again history is re-written, and someone has to come along to post what actually occurred. This is not the first time that stupid reaction by Kim has been deflected in order to point out how supposedly Kyle did the same. Clearly someone forgetting a bag is not the same as someone holding up a group of people awaiting to board a flight because their head has rolled under their bed from their alcoholic and drug binge the night before.

• Love 7

Exactly. It seems time and time again history is re-written, and someone has to come along to post what actually occurred. This is not the first time that stupid reaction by Kim has been deflected in order to point out how supposedly Kyle did the same. Clearly someone forgetting a bag is not the same as someone holding up a group of people awaiting to board a flight because their head has rolled under their bed from their alcoholic and drug binge the night before.

Just a wild guess they had to wait while Kyle went through customs and Kyle would have had to have answered she left her bag unattended if asked which generally generates a search.  To Kim being two days late and missing the boat is exactly the same because she wasn't inconvenienced.

• Love 5

So I found this- yep I can see why Kim gets a little over the t op when she visited Kyle's home in LaQuinta  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1043052802375600:

Then there is this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1043528492328031

Naw, I don't think Kim would be all hot and bothered about Portia and some random kid chewing on Popsicles on the edge of the golf course. Or about date night with Maurice. Just not seeing it.

• Love 2

I don't see her being jealous of the kids, but she probably would like a companion.  And a goddamn house in Palm Springs. 

Also, I wonder if that huge diamond ring, in the pic, that Kyle inherited from her mother is another bone of contention.  Maybe Kim inherited another piece of jewelry?  And if so, where is it?  Sold might be a good guess.

• Love 4

Also, I wonder if that huge diamond ring, in the pic, that Kyle inherited from her mother is another bone of contention.  Maybe Kim inherited another piece of jewelry?  And if so, where is it?  Sold might be a good guess.

I doubt she still owns whatever it was.  If it had any value at all it's been snorted or smoked by now.

• Love 4

Not much difference between those sisters as far as I can see,

I don't think you are looking close enough.  Addiction alone makes comparing their lives comparable to comparing apples vs. oranges. 

Who is the girl on the left?

I don't know but it almost looks like a young Rashida Jones!  Or maybe it's Kyle's oldest daughter, Farrah? 

• Love 1

One thing that has really stuck in my mind the last few days is Kim's recent comment that Kathy would have her back "like a REAL sister."

Having been around narcissists I know that a narc mother will often divide (and therefore conquer) her children. Kim's remark is exactly the kind of cruelty that's meant both to divide and to get the "bad" sister back in line. Kyle cares so much about family and is such an emotional person, I'll bet this kind of thing has long been a tactic in that family to keep the baby of the family in her assigned role.

Here's a retort you can use next time, Kyle: "Oh shut up, Kim. Real sister my ass!" When Kim sees that this tactic doesn't upset you anymore, she won't use it.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 7

I've always thought Kyle resembles Demi Moore quite a lot.

She absolutely does.  Demi works the pole better, though.

I can't figure out who the blonde is with her. It almost looks like Kathy. This is one of two separate occasions from 9 months ago when Kyle and this same blonde went pole dancing at a bar.  I think it's the same blonde.  Check 1:40.  Kyle (finally) leaves the stage and sits down to watch as her friend lay down to prepare for her bikini wax. Jeez. At least in the second video when the blonde raises her skirt to  her waist and bends over, Kyle pretends to look embarrassed.  I have to say, Kyle looks great in her Herve Leger.  Pity that she's rubbing that great dress all over a crappy pole at some bar.  

http://www.ovguide.com/video/kyle-richards-pole-dancing-826e1744fa1511e3bb231231391e5ce4

She absolutely does.  Demi works the pole better, though.

I can't figure out who the blonde is with her. It almost looks like Kathy. This is one of two separate occasions from 9 months ago when Kyle and this same blonde went pole dancing at a bar.  I think it's the same blonde.  Check 1:40.  Kyle (finally) leaves the stage and sits down to watch as her friend lay down to prepare for her bikini wax. Jeez. At least in the second video when the blonde raises her skirt to  her waist and bends over, Kyle pretends to look embarrassed.  I have to say, Kyle looks great in her Herve Leger.  Pity that she's rubbing that great dress all over a crappy pole at some bar.  

http://www.ovguide.com/video/kyle-richards-pole-dancing-826e1744fa1511e3bb231231391e5ce4

I think the blonde was wearing shorts.  Whoever took the time to film that had to be very disappointed.

Edited by zoeysmom

I think the blonde was wearing shorts.  Whoever took the time to film that had to be very disappointed.

LOL. I agree.  And I think Kyle and her friend were disappointed that they didn't get the attention they were looking for.  Apparently, that's a gay bar.  Wut???

swcx8y.png

Kyle seemed to be bracing herself when Kim started talking, trying not to cry, shake, react in her usual ways. She held it together pretty well, though previews of coming events don't look good. In my opinion, Kyle needs a therapist to help her learn to protect herself and break away.

• Love 3
(edited)

Bravotv.com did a compilation of Kyle and Kim videos, it's the second link below.:

Deep Dive: Everything Discussed During Reunion Part 1

7Kim and Kyle's Relationship Status

Sadly, it was revealed that Kim and Kyle had not spoken for months leading up to the reunion. Here's everything that has led to the current state of their relationship since Season 1:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/deep-dive-everything-discussed-during-reunion-part-1

The Highs and Lows of Kyle and Kim's Relationship
They may be sisters, but it doesn't mean their relationship comes easy.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/videos/the-highs-and-lows-of-kyle-and-kims

Edited by quinn

I think Kyle looks lovely.  Her hair is a bit flat for my tastes, but she's a beautiful woman.

Agreed - she also looks a bit sad and tired. This show has outed all the family dirt that Big Kathy insisted her girls keep under the rug - hope Kyle has been giving herself a little kindness and care since filming wrapped.
  • Love 8

I feel very bad for Kyle. The emotion at the end of this episode seemed both raw and real. When the cameras flipped to Kim she looked confused. As though nothing she said or did could lead to this result.

As many have said Kyle needs to drop Kim in every aspect regardless of Kim's children. They are adults now. They can come to  Kyle if they want. Or not. 

She needs to leave Kim to crash and burn. If Kim is really going to blame Kyle's daughter for the dog bite or tries to minimize it then that really has to be the last straw.

• Love 15

I think Kyle looks lovely.  Her hair is a bit flat for my tastes, but she's a beautiful woman. 

If Kyle can't dump Kim for her own emotional health, then she should heed her vanity.  When does the point come where you don't allow anyone to cause one more furrowed brow or gray hair or bags under one's eyes?  I think Kyle is a bit of a bitch and is responsible for the hardness around her mouth and eyes but letting people like Kim get under her skin....can't be good for her skin. 

• Love 1

Kyle stop tiptoeing around all of your sisters rotten egg issues and secrets, she expects you to do that and still treats you like shit for doing it. Start stomping them to bits, make a field of egg shells, and release the foul odor of your sister's mess of a life. Sure she'll bitch and treat you like shit but she's doing that already. Might as well get treated like shit for a reason.

• Love 7
(edited)

If Kyle can't dump Kim for her own emotional health, then she should heed her vanity.  When does the point come where you don't allow anyone to cause one more furrowed brow or gray hair or bags under one's eyes?  I think Kyle is a bit of a bitch and is responsible for the hardness around her mouth and eyes but letting people like Kim get under her skin....can't be good for her skin. 

April 2016:

New Reunion Interviewer: Kyle you look great, 10 years younger and a brightness about you what did you have done?

Kyle: Absolutely nothing. I cut Kim out of my life and this is what less stress looks like.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6

Someone asked why Kyle hasn't blogged.  She tweeted she has been enjoying spring break with her family.  It would not surprise me if she waited until after next week to blog-after Brandi has turned hers in. 

• Love 2

Someone asked why Kyle hasn't blogged.  She tweeted she has been enjoying spring break with her family.  It would not surprise me if she waited until after next week to blog-after Brandi has turned hers in. 

Good for her!

• Love 3

I think it's good strategy for her to wait til the final episode to say her peace with both Kim and Brandi's nonsense.  Plus, unlike Kim, Kyle has blogged most of the season so her missing a few doesn't bother me.

• Love 4

Dear Kyle,

This is your chance to escape. We understand now and we are sorry we doubted you. Cut Kim off while you still have your sanity.

Sincerely ,

The free world

I think she is.  Her blog sounded as if she had resigned herself to the fact she and Kim's relationship would never be consistent or friendly.  It was nice to read she was discouraging teams and asking for respect on social media because they are a family.  I think there comes a time when you have to consider the toll on you husband and children and make a choice.

• Love 8

I think I know what Kyle did (according to BrandI) to upset Kim at Brooke's first wedding. Kyle is so selfish, she clearly ruined the entire wedding.

First, right before Kyle's vacation, she clearly forced her way into Kim's house and insisted Kim show her Kim's mother of the bride dress, even though thoughtful and caring Kim must have repeatedly warned her to stay away because everyone in the house was sick.

Then Kyle took off on vacation, leaving poor Kim to plan and execute every single detail of the wedding, because Kim is so responsible and organized and the everyone else including the bride, groom, his family and Kathy (who was hosting it) are all useless and helpless so Kim had to do it all alone.

Then Kyle has the nerve to cut her vacation short and fly back for the wedding, taking attention away from Kim by her very presence. She probably wore the wrong color/style dress which caused Kim 100% unnecessary stress.

Finally, she and Mauricio probably gave Brooke a generous wedding gift bought with the profit she made from stealing Kim's goddamn house!

How could Kim ever forgive her?

• Love 14

I think Kyle dared to have her period - cramps and all -  and did NOT show her tampon string to the wedding party while drinking glass after glass of champagne and not falling down drunk.

• Love 7

Okay, my respect for Kyle went up quite a few points because she put this in her blog:

I would like to ask you all, regardless of what your opinion is, to please be kind on social media. There are no winners here. No "teams.” This is my family, regardless of what problems we have right now.

• Love 18

So happy to find this forum - for weeks I kept thinking there must be a place to discuss this train wreck of a season!

Seems to me that Kyle is still trying to please her dead and deadly narcissistic mother, who didn't even let up on her deathbed, leaving it to Kyle to look after Kim. imo Kyle needs to let go of her crazy mother and "golden child" Kim - they are sucking the life out of her.

I totally agree.  And she's sucking the life out Kim too.  Kim is starting to clue in and get a voice of her own.  Shell need to go through a process of self-discovery (and I hope she doesn't quit) and stand her ground with Kyle.

I don't think either sister has the story 100% right.  They just see it so differently.

• Love 1

Okay, my respect for Kyle went up quite a few points because she put this in her blog:

The Richards sisters story is certainly the downside of reality TV.  It was nice to put that in her blog and I have noticed she isn't a flaming troll on Twitter or Facebook unlike say Rinna or Brandi.

• Love 7

Kim is starting to clue in and get a voice of her own.

If by voice you mean a vicious spiteful drug brained banshee, she can keep looking for it. Here's the only clue in she's getting, look between the couch cushions for the pills Monty may have dropped.

• Love 16

I don't think either sister has the story 100% right.  They just see it so differently.

Well, we know that 1 of sisters has a pickled brain from all the drugs and booze she took/drank for the majority of 30 years and is also a proven liar, the other sister has never had a drug/alcohol problem to our knowledge and does not lie repeatedly, so I know which one I would not believe. LOL

• Love 13

The Richards sisters story is certainly the downside of reality TV.  It was nice to put that in her blog and I have noticed she isn't a flaming troll on Twitter or Facebook unlike say Rinna or Brandi.

I think their situation might help others figure out their own toxic family dynamics - hope so anyway!

• Love 7

I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the posts. Where is Kathy in all of this? Did she just turn Kim over to Kyle and fly off to Paris, Rome or the Bahamas? I totally understand that she had no desire to appear on this program as a regular "housewife" but how can she stand by and watch what Kim is doing to Kyle/everyone else? She has to know what a nut job, addict and hateful human being Kim is. I am also the middle child of three sisters (no brothers) but cannot imagine not defending the sister who's being abused like Kyle has been by that despicable Kim. After hearing Kim say that Kyle wasn't a true sister like Kathy is, I really do have to wonder what in the heck Kathy has been doing behind the scenes. Walk away, Kyle. Just Walk Away, Finally!

• Love 11