Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi's Wedding: Going to the Chapel and... Mama Joyce is Pissed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I am still laughing at the deathly tone of music that played when MJ and the Coven pulled up in the black car with their chicken. If that wasn't Bravo saying "Here comes the witches" nothing else is.

I had to loop that back, it was like a bunch of cackling. I noticed it because MTV does it a lot on shows like "The Challenge" and it is completely incongruous with the actual scene. Fitting, though.

Admittedly, that does not make Todd seem very chivalrous, but it's not unfair. He had a solid career as a producer as I understand it, and although he didn't make Kandi levels of cash, he could be out of the game for a while re-establishing himself if the marriage doesn't survive. A settlement to the lower-earning spouse would barely be questioned, i think, if the genders were reversed, so I have no issue with him negotiating a reasonable pre-nup. 

I'm surprised to be saying this, but actually see Todd's side to a point. I am not opposed to signing a pre-nup. Yet, if marrying someone wealthier, would question how much they actually loved me, if they wanted me left in a lurch just because we didn't work out. She needs to protect her assets for Riley's future, but needs amendments for her husband to have something if she dies, and a small amount with conditions if they break up (cheating clauses, etc).

It's not as if he's become a stay-at-home father for Kandi and I question this solid career. He really didn't get started good as a production manager until 2011.I don't consider 3 years to be much of anything. Also, a production manager is not on the level of like a producer or executive producer. [...] Don't get me wrong, that's a good job, but he's not giving up all that much.

[...] He's certainly coming up using these reality shows, but to say that he has a solid career that he's giving up for Kandi is stretching his resume quite a bit. 

I definitely think he was perfectly justified in setting some expectations. I think gender roles definitely play a part in perception of prenups when it comes to who is the wealthier partner. 

Although I know they only mentioned a few of the clauses, the 30 day move out got to me. If this is not for after an actual divorce decree/buyout, and just a separation, that is fucked up. Sometimes things just ain't that simple, and from what we've heard from both of them, Todd contributes to the household expenses/mortgage, so why should he get the boot like that?

I do think that most contracts start off strong with some more extreme terms, that's what negotiation is for, but the short timeframe (if not faked for the show) could be a sticking point in enforcement. Two days is not enough for an adequate review and agreement, and can be argued away. If Kandi has the right to ask for one and have her lawyers draw it up on terms beneficial to her, Todd has just as much right to have a lawyer review it and ensure that it is beneficial to him as well.

Regardless of what folks might think of the profitability/worthiness/prestige of his career, either way, it IS his career and the way he made/makes money. Even if he was a McDonald's manager and gave that up, he would still have to explain and account for time away from the workforce when going back, and that's a detriment, no matter what the career path. If his career rising through the levels of production was enough for him to live and accumulate savings and take care of his daughter, then it was a solid career, and "all that much" for him, and Kandi as well, since she doesn't seem to be the type to tolerate a non working person.

On a side note, the link provided actually details his work back to 2005, not just 2011 as implied. Like most normal people, there are title and responsibility progressions, so to judge his career by just his current title is disingenuous.  Besides, people rarely start at the top, and we don't know if the next job series would have given him chances to step up or network with folks who could help advance his career.

As for giving it up, it is documented that Kandi wanted (and cried) about not wanting him not to leave for work. No matter how the job and travels were presented to her, it was her clear wish that he turn down a money making job for one that she provided and was the boss of (the play). He gave up a chance for independent earning for the sake of the family and became reliant on the spouse's income. Same thing as far as opportunity cost to a stay at home parent.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 12

And all that is outside of Joyce continually trying to undermine and sabotage their relationship, as well as insult his family, while Kandi stands by, wringing her hands.  I'll wait and see how it plays out on the episode, but if I were in Todd's place, damn right I'd want to ensure my interests are covered.  I truly don't know why Todd married Kandi, other than love being deaf, dumb, and blind, in this context, but I see nothing wrong with self-preservation, either. If Kandi is looking out for her interests, so can Todd.   

• Love 2

After hearing that Nicole Murphy and Michael Strahan went through months of negotiations before agreeing to acceptable terms on their prenup, it's surprising that Kandi would wait until a couple of days prior to the wedding to give it to Todd.  Granted, he doesn't have as much as her, but as Ribboninthesky noted, Todd has just as much right to look out for his interests as well.  The move out in 30 days stipulation was also a shocker, since both of them have mentioned several times that Todd invested in the house and remodeling, as well as the bills.  

Kandi is the world's worst procrastinator, in my opinion. That's why her life is always in some type of mess. She is also one of the most delusional women I've ever come across on TV. She's on FB bragging about how we should all watch last week's episode again because it was such entertaining TV. Please.

• Love 1

I definitely think he was perfectly justified in setting some expectations. I think gender roles definitely play a part in perception of prenups when it comes to who is the wealthier partner. 

Regardless of what folks might think of the profitability/worthiness/prestige of his career, either way, it IS his career and the way he made/makes money. Even if he was a McDonald's manager and gave that up, he would still have to explain and account for time away from the workforce when going back, and that's a detriment, no matter what the career path. If his career rising through the levels of production was enough for him to live and accumulate savings and take care of his daughter, then it was a solid career, and "all that much" for him, and Kandi as well, since she doesn't seem to be the type to tolerate a non working person.

On a side note, the link provided actually details his work back to 2005, not just 2011 as implied. Like most normal people, there are title and responsibility progressions, so to judge his career by just his current title is disingenuous.  Besides, people rarely start at the top, and we don't know if the next job series would have given him chances to step up or network with folks who could help advance his career.

As for giving it up, it is documented that Kandi wanted (and cried) about not wanting him not to leave for work. No matter how the job and travels were presented to her, it was her clear wish that he turn down a money making job for one that she provided and was the boss of (the play). He gave up a chance for independent earning for the sake of the family and became reliant on the spouse's income. Same thing as far as opportunity cost to a stay at home parent.

I suppose I'm the folks you are referring to. I never said that he wasn't entitled to anything, I just disagree that he gave up a solid career for Kandi. First, he didn't give up that one job out of state to be unpaid support for Kandi - he turned down a job for a job. In my book, that isn't justification for him to say that he sacrificed something for Kandi unless producing the play paid significantly less or his career stagnates solely due to being confined to Georgia.

Also, I was not being disingenuous in claiming that his career started in 2011. Before that, he was a crew member and a production assistant. That is the person that does the unimportant grunt work in production. It doesn't matter how much money he was paid, that wasn't a career for him just yet, those were jobs. My partner is a lawyer and spent several years as a paid intern and as a well-paid paralegal. That is not on my partner's resume because those stepping stones were not part of the career - those were jobs to pay the bills. Todd didn't have a career until 2011. That's not a bad thing. Most people will never be lucky enough to land a career as most work jobs to support their families. I'm just saying that Todd can't claim that he gave something up given that he is (1) still working and (2) his career is very new. 

BTW: I understand gender normativity very well and that's not where my argument is grounded. I said the same thing about Kim and how she didn't deserve Kroy's money (other than child support) when she had her wedding series. Kim said in some article that she was giving up reality tv for Kroy and I said that she doesn't get to then divorce him and claim that she gave up a "promising career" and hold out her hand for a huge alimony check. It cuts both ways.

Two days til the wedding and it looks like Reco is still staring at bolts of fabric.

Is this the Young & the Restless? Everyone in ATL has the same lawyer??

Yep, when you move here they let you know who your lawyer is! ;)
  • Love 4

Call me old fashioned but holy cow what is with those bachelor/ette parties and strippers, just awful.

Looked like Todd was giving Mama Joyce just what she wanted, lots of photo ops with other girls, doing stuff.

I do think it was unfair for Kandi to leave such little time for Todd to lawyer up and really go thru the pre nup but on the other hand, he says he does not want anything from her so why not just sign it, it's not like she is going to demand any money from him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Phaedra is a freak for real. The little people and discount, ratchet strippers were not cute or amusing. I thought Kandi got the short end of the stick, no pun intended.

Todd shouldn't be forced to sign something just because Kandi waited until the very last second to draft it. That is unfair.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 5

I suppose I'm the folks you are referring to.[...]

Also, I was not being disingenuous in claiming that his career started in 2011. Before that, he was a crew member and a production assistant. [...]

BTW: I understand gender normativity very well and that's not where my argument is grounded. I said the same thing about Kim and how she didn't deserve Kroy's money (other than child support) when she had her wedding series. Kim said in some article that she was giving up reality tv for Kroy and I said that she doesn't get to then divorce him and claim that she gave up a "promising career" and hold out her hand for a huge alimony check. It cuts both ways.

Nah, Mama Joyce counts as one of those folks too. 

We can agree to disagree that prior work/experience in the same field may or may not constitute part of one's career. I get that there is some social ideology that people use to distinguish between career/jobs. My point is simply that on a resume, employers would reference Todd's prior production employment (or your partner's paralegal experience) as more a part of his/her career path than working as a nurse (which could be a career of its own), for example. 

Gender norms discussion wasn't directed at you. Just something in general. Kind of interesting on this show, especially considering the other men (Gregg, Apollo) have basically been presented as ducks who signed what they were told. 

• Love 1

I feel for Todd on the pre-nup issue. If he tells Kandi why he's upset about it, he looks like a golddigger. He'll give Joyce the ammunition she wants to slander him and say I told you so.

Kandi is just late with everything. If the roles were reversed, would she want to sign a document the night before the wedding without her lawyer hashing out the details? I thought the provision about him not getting anything if she died or if he got hurt was harsh. That's your husband, man. Not some dude you picked up off the street.

I don't blame her for protecting her assets, but her attitude was stank.

• Love 7

Bravo made it look like Greg, didn't want to sign the prenup,,,,,,now it is Todd. All scripted for the viewers.

The suspense is killing me. I can't believe anyone really thinks this couple only had two days to work on and sign a pre-nup.

Here's the clause that jumped out at me, though (although I might be contradicting myself if the details are all made- up as well as the timing) -- if Kandi dies, Todd gets nothing? Even if he's her widower? Huh? Who leaves nothing to their spouse in their will?

• Love 3

Kandi said on WWHL that she'd been working for awhile on the prenup and it was Todd who waited until 2 days before the wedding to hire the Real Lawyer of Atlanta. She also says she removed the part about Todd getting nothing if she "chokes on a chicken bone".

• Love 2
(edited)

Based on the WWHL interview with Kandi there seems to be lots of fallout after the cast have seen the previous episodes.  Kandi is not speaking to Joyce right now. Sharon is livid.   Kandi realizes Todd wasn't telling his lawyer he was getting half the profits of the play.  She seemed so excited to have more kids but her response to Andy is "we are not trying  but not preventing"  Hmmm. (The  prenup may seem like a breeze if she is ever faced  with joint custody and child support).   She says Todd was the one who did not  get a lawyer until a couple of days before the wedding

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 1
(edited)

How the hell Tiny landed T.I (arguably one of the most beautiful men on the planet) is truly the biggest question in the universe.

Better not let him hear you say that!  He threatened some female entertainer who made a crack about Tiny's looks. http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_n134wtex/

Back to the topic at hand:

Kandi said on WWHL that she'd been working for awhile on the prenup and it was Todd who waited until 2 days before the wedding to hire the Real Lawyer of Atlanta.

So Kandi is basically saying that Todd is a lying liar who lies.  He clearly says to Apollo that Kandi still hadn't presented his lawyer the prenup.  Also, when Kandi was getting her nails done and Todd walked in, he asked about the prenup and Kandi said her lawyer was still working on it.  It was the day they were discussing the bachelor and bachelorette party restrictions.  So if we go off of what's presented on the show, then Kandi is the lying liar who lies.

Phaedra is a freak for real. The little people and discount, ratchet strippers were not cute or amusing. I thought Kandi got the short end of the stick, no pun intended.

It does seem as though the only booties Phaedra is familiar with are of the Donkey persuasion.  That little person's ass was just as large as the big girl's.  With Phaedra being in charge of the entertainment, I bet Kandi was expecting Ridickulous to make another appearance.  I bet after seeing Todd's party, she's pissed as hell at the dancers she had at hers.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2
(edited)

Kandi said on WWHL that she'd been working for awhile on the prenup and it was Todd who waited until 2 days before the wedding to hire the Real Lawyer of Atlanta. She also says she removed the part about Todd getting nothing if she "chokes on a chicken bone".

Ok, thanks. And Real Lawyer of Atlanta - nice! (Speaking of which - he was right to not talk to Kandi about the pre-nup when Todd put him on speakerphone, citing ethics.)

And I'm glad to hear she changed the part about leaving nothing to her husband if she shoukd die. So I guess pre-nups shoukd be discussed and not just shoved under a spouse-to-be's nose to be signed, huh Kandi?

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 3

I hope the Bachelorette party was just for the show and she had a real party away from the cameras. That was lame as hell. Phaedra needs to step her stripper supplier game up. I loved the brief clip of Apollo salivating at Todd's party.

I assume that Kandi would want Riley to inherit her estate after her chicken bone death. There's nothing wrong with that. Even though I believe that was changed because Todd was ticked.

I thought the prenup drama was interesting. Todd has been hesitant about the pre nup "not being fair" for a while. The red flag for me was him implying that he was giving up jobs to work on Kandi's play. Then Kandi clarified that he received payment for what they worked on together. So please Mr. Tucker don't play games.

I can't believe that Kandi didn't warn Mama Todd about the prostitute comments. WTF? How can expect someone to not be angry about that?

• Love 2

Kandi, on WWHL, said her attorney wanted to draw up the first draft with Todd's attorney. Todd wanted the draft before he hired an attorney. She said they both are at fault for the last minute prenup drama.

• Love 2
(edited)

I do think it was unfair for Kandi to leave such little time for Todd to lawyer up and really go thru the pre nup but on the other hand, he says he does not want anything from her so why not just sign it, it's not like she is going to demand any money from him.

I would be confused by Todd too.  He says he does not care, then he gets upset that he is not getting anything and that he has to move out 30 days after the breakup.  I don't get his outrage if he does not want anything.  Also, just because he lawyer got the prenup two days before the wedding does not mean that Todd had not read the prenup and/or worked out the details with Kandi over time.  Todd has consistently said he does not want Kandi's money so I don't undertand his problem.

These people have a problem being clear about how they feel about things.

I hope the Bachelorette party was just for the show and she had a real party away from the cameras. That was lame as hell. Phaedra needs to step her stripper supplier game up. I loved the brief clip of Apollo salivating at Todd's party.

Phaedra needs Dwight to add taste and class to her party ideas.  If I were Kandi, I would not be speaking to Phaedra for presenting such lame bullshit at my shower.

Dwight would have choreographed a homage to Showtime at the Apollo with the best looking dark, milk, and white chocolate in town.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 2

I thought the prenup drama was interesting. Todd has been hesitant about the pre nup "not being fair" for a while. The red flag for me was him implying that he was giving up jobs to work on Kandi's play. Then Kandi clarified that he received payment for what they worked on together. So please Mr. Tucker don't play games.

But wasn't Todd's point not about getting paid for the play, but more about putting his career on the backseat to stay home and work with her? Similar to the choices and sacrifices a SAHM makes?

• Love 2

Kandi is just late with everything. If the roles were reversed, would she want to sign a document the night before the wedding without her lawyer hashing out the details? I thought the provision about him not getting anything if she died or if he got hurt was harsh. That's your husband, man. Not some dude you picked up off the street.

Once again, a big problem on these shows is people do not know how to explain or communicate the nitty gritty of what they really are feeling or are trying to say.

Given that Kandi clearly doesn't LISTEN -- and HE can't really clearly explain his objections -- the conversations were bound to go nowhere.

IF it's true that Todd only had a couple of days for a lawyer to look over the document...how could Kandi reasonably be upset it that. But that's just it. She wasn't being reasonable. I REALLY want to know -- if Kandi was asked point by point about all the issues in the document -- would she REALLY think they were all FAIR. She doens't  seem to get that she could protect herself -- AND still be fair to Todd. And that the document protected her -- BUT was NOT FAIR to Todd. And Todd hadn't read it so he couldn't pin her down on those things.

• Love 1

I had a problem with how Kandi was brushing Todd's feelings off with a shrug when he was only following his lawyers recommendations.  Why hire a lawyer to look over legal documents if you're not going to follow the advice he gives you?  You would be stupid to go ahead and sign a document after your lawyer warns you that it wouldn't be in your best interest to sign it in the present form.  Kandi is clearly trying to maintain her position of wearing the pants and making all of the decisions in that family.  Her marriage is doomed if she doesn't see that Todd should have just as much of a say in those decisions and have more of a partnership than her way or no way.  She's starting to look more and more like Joyce to me.

• Love 5
(edited)

But wasn't Todd's point not about getting paid for the play, but more about putting his career on the backseat to stay home and work with her? Similar to the choices and sacrifices a SAHM makes?

That's not how I see it. You aren't getting paid by being a SAHM.

Todd's making money during the marriage, whether it's working on his own projects or Kandi's projects. I don't think he's putting his career in the backseat. It felt [to me] like he was presenting himself as someone who was giving his milk away for free. He acted like he was sacrificing for Kandi.  When in reality, if they're working on and sharing the profits from their projects and got divorced, he still got paid for his work.

Obviously he signed something and they got married but it raised the tiniest of red flags for me.

Edited by charming

WOW! Kandi got a huge case of mealey mouth when it comes down to defending her ignorant, no talking mama...bit when ot comes down to the money, she gets some balls. Well, like mama like daughter. Poor Todd. No pun intended.

• Love 3

Todd's making money during the marriage, whether it's working on his own projects or Kandi's projects. I don't think he's putting his career in the backseat. It felt [to me] like he was presenting himself as someone who was giving his milk away for free. He acted like he was sacrificing for Kandi.  When in reality, if they're working on and sharing the profits from their projects and got divorced, he still got paid for his work.

Well who knows how much of this show is real or fake, but Todd claims that a lot of his opportunities involve travel and/or are outside of Atlanta, but Kandi likes him home and doesn't want them to be separated (that's apparently what happened with the play). So if he is indeed turning down jobs for the sake of their partnership, both personally and professionally, then yea, he is sacrificing for Kandi. And to me, that's exactly the deal with stay-at-home moms.

• Love 3

Once again, a big problem on these shows is people do not know how to explain or communicate the nitty gritty of what they really are feeling or are trying to say.

Given that Kandi clearly doesn't LISTEN -- and HE can't really clearly explain his objections -- the conversations were bound to go nowhere.

I agree. Kandi kept saying she and Todd had talked about the pre-nup before and she thought they were on the same page. I'm sure they had and was on the same page, but when she took the pre-nup to her attorney(s),her attorney(s) did the same thing Todd's attorney did.

They felt like her assets needing more protecting. hence the 30 days to move out BS. I'm betting that was not discussed, just as if she dies, he gets nothing.

A pre-nup is not a will. When Todd ask about the 30 day move-out her response was "so in your past relations did you stick around after you broke up"(paraphrasing). if she can't see how this is different, well, Todd you got yourself a lot of nothing.

The only time I've seen Kandi this mad was when she and (I've forgotten her name guess she wasn't relevant) had their screaming match. Not speaking to Todd, when she walked in, referring to his attorney in quotes,shows to me how much influence Joyce has over her.

I'm betting Joyce probably had more input in Kandi and Todd's  Pre-nup than Todd had.

Whether Todd found anything in the agreement he liked or not,he was wise to get an attorney, especially after Kandi said she had two attorneys  and "what could Todd say accept it was right".

He is supposed to trust her, to do right by him? Why a pre-nup? Why can't she trust him to do right by her?

Kandi was on WWHL and when Andy ask her about Joyce calling Tood's Mom a hooker. Kandi did say it was not true.

But excused it with  "she has said things about my Momma".  I thought that's why Joyce behaves the way she does. She can lie to Kandi, lie about what she said to Kandi, and lie about other people to Kandi, and still Kandi does not call her out about  the venom and dishonesty of her lies.

She manipulates Kandi, like someones she has no love or respect for.

At the grave site her "I will walk you down the aisle if you want me to" and Kandi's happiness and thankfulness for that little bit of acceptance, was shattered in Joyce's TH about the real reason she was walking Kandi down the aisle. It was so nasty and dishonest.

She used the time when they had bonded over's Patrick's grave, hugged and proclaimed their love for each other. When Kandi ask her at the proper time and environment she used that time to strike out at Todd, and make Kandi feel bad.

I think Todd is a good guy and with help and patience will be a good husband. I think Kandi is a good person and with a lot of help and less of her Mother will be a good wife.

• Love 2

The way I feel about prenups is this, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me:  If you aren't willing to share what you have with the person you love, DON'T GET MARRIED!  I have always believed that when you get married, what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine.  When you get married, you are as one.  If you go into it with all kinds of doubts that you will be together forever...DON'T GET MARRIED!  I admit that maybe I feel this way because I'm not wealthy and don't own a business that could possibly suffer if no prenup is in place and a divorce happens.  Still, I think that the prenup is an easy out for the richer person to leave the marriage.  Call me old fashioned, but that's just how I feel...TODAY!  If I was to win the lottery tomorrow, I'm sure I will feel completely different. lol

• Love 6

Is this the Young & the Restless? Everyone in ATL has the same lawyer??

Hee! And remember how John Silva magically practiced every type of law? J'Abot planning a Newman takeover? Call John Silva. Jill and Katherine fighting over Phillip's estate? Call John Silva. Crazy Sheila's murder trial? Call John Silva. He's like Saiontz&Kirk. "If you've got a job, you've got a lawyer."

I never realized how small Todd is. He's almost child-sized. His boy CJ seems kind of corny. Like if you were out, he'd be the one you'd least want to approach you. Well him and the big creepy one in the red pants. And Peter. Okay all of them. And now I can't get Kandi's No Scrubs out of my head.

Kandi seemed really bored and kind of disappointed with that bachelorette party. I know I would've been.

It's funny how Joyce can clutch her pearls because Todd's mom called her a bitch, but selectively leave out the part where she told his mom to shut the fuck up. I laughed when she called Kandi's father Ghost Dad though.

• Love 2

I really didn't like how Kandi came across with the prenuptial business. She kept dismissing anything that Todd's "lawyer" said and acted like Todd was out of line for not just signing it. Kandi knows full well that she would NEVER sign ANY document without her lawyers review and recommendation, but expects Todd to? She's nuts and Todd was right to get upset. She also mentioned very quickly on wwhl, amid the "Todd waited until 2 days before to find a lawyer", that her own lawyers didn't start working on the prenup until 1 week prior. The hell!  If the prenup was so important to her, why didn't she start working on it when they got engaged?

Because it can't be said enough, MJ is such a vile woman.

That bachelorette party was weak, but it seems like they were trying to prevent another MJ meltdown, only for her to not show up.  Contrast that with the "extravagance" of the bachelor party....I know I certainly wouldn't be taking anything out of a stripper's mouth! 

• Love 2

The way I feel about prenups is this, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me: If you aren't willing to share what you have with the person you love, DON'T GET MARRIED! I have always believed that when you get married, what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine. When you get married, you are as one. If you go into it with all kinds of doubts that you will be together forever...DON'T GET MARRIED! I admit that maybe I feel this way because I'm not wealthy and don't own a business that could possibly suffer if no prenup is in place and a divorce happens. Still, I think that the prenup is an easy out for the richer person to leave the marriage. Call me old fashioned, but that's just how I feel...TODAY! If I was to win the lottery tomorrow, I'm sure I will feel completely different. lol

"With all my worldly goods, I thee endow."

If I won the lottery, tho, I'm pretty sure I'd go underground. Ha.

• Love 2

That bachelorette party was weak, but it seems like they were trying to prevent another MJ meltdown, only for her to not show up. Contrast that with the "extravagance" of the bachelor party....I know I certainly wouldn't be taking anything out of a stripper's mouth!

Considering Phaedra's first suggestion was stripper chicks with dicks, I doubt she was taking Mama Joyce's pearl-clutching into account. If my bridesmaids planned that mess for my bachelorette, I would be pissed. Although, I guess this is what happens when you have 1 week to plan.

Who else thinks Reco went to Nordstroms the night before, bought a bunch of dresses and just ripped the tags out?

• Love 2

They felt like her assets needing more protecting. hence the 30 days to move out BS. I'm betting that was not discussed, just as if she dies, he gets nothing.

I agree but it would have been nice for Todd to say that instead of saying we need to talk to the Lawyer so he can tell you his concerns.  I like Todd and think opportunist or not he has been VERY patient with MJ and Kandie.  And the fact her mother has made no bones about disliking him and her input in the prenup would make any man that was to marry Kandie suspicious of what he was signing. 

And Georgia is not a community property law state like California so a divorce does not automatically mean everything is split 50/50 so I don't get Kandie making that comment. 

And long time member of TWOP here and this is my first comment on Previously TV.

• Love 3

We only know what we're shown.

1) How can Kandi not see that him HAVING to move out in 30 days would be something he might balk out?

2) I know a pre-nup is not a will. BUT why didn't Kandi ever say "if anything happens to me I want everything to go to Riley." THAT would have been a better way to say you get nothing...than "You get nothing " which is basically how the pre-nup put it.

3) The document even said if KANDI is the one who wants the marriage to end (for any reason, even his SICKNESS) Todd gets nothing. Really? She thinks SHE should be able to dump him if he gets sick, and just walk away? 

The lawyers did their jobs. It's not Kandi's LAWYER'S job to be fair to Todd. It's KANDI's job to make sure it's fair to Todd. Lawyers think of all kinds of shit their clients don't. BUT when KANDI saw that stuff was in there, she didn't say...wait I think this  goes too far.

She  came off as very unreasonable, and unlikeable in the pre-nup issue. IMO.

We also don't know how much Joyce is in their day-to-day lives. On the show it seems as if she's always around. Personally, I'd have been sick of that before now -- if I were Todd. How can I put this. For me anyway --  think you can love a person -- but a person (and their BAGGAGE) can be too high maintenance...and so high maintenance it affects the love you have for the person in a negative way. The whole thing just becomes sooooo not worth it. Frustration affects who you feel about a person. Even if you love them you start to ask....(if you're smart and not co-dependent)...why am I in this and putting up with this? The good of the relationship, is not worth the aggravation and negativity you feel. I do think you can love a person, and the relationship you have not survive the other influences and factors....and in this case that would be Mama Joyce. Todd might just get tired of it all before she's out of the picture. We'll see.

• Love 6
(edited)

Well, regardless of Kandi claiming Todd waited 2 days before the wedding to get a lawyer for the pre-nup, I think Kandi purposely sprung that version of the pre-nup on Todd on the last minute expecting him to sign and if he balked (which he did) then that would prove he's an opportunist trying to get her money.

KANDI is the one who thinks Todd is a golddigging opportunist.  Joyce is just the one who verbalizes it.  KANDI is the one who feels that Todd is only after her money, that's why she was telling her friends he's just saying this stuff on camera for evidence and he just needs to go get his own money and stay away from hers.

Joyce is acting crazy because she knows that Kandi feels that Todd is only with her for the money and she can't understand why Kandi would stick around for that.

Kandi wants Todd to be a human Bedroom Kandi toy, and once she uses him, she will toss him to the side with nothing.

Mama Joyce ain't the problem: Kandi is.

Kandi claimed she wanted kids asap but last night she was like "I don't know."   That's because she doesn't want to get stuck with Todd for life and if she has a child with him, he would be able to claim spousal/child support.

I don't see this marriage lasting more than 2 years, tops.  Because Kandi doesn't want a husband, she wants a HUZZbin. She damn sho' doesn't want to be a wife.

My advice to Todd is to be that opportunist that both Kandi and Joyce thinks he is.  Use Kandi and her connections to stack up coins and his own connections.  That way, when Kandi tosses you to the side like Kordell did to Porsha, you won't be left with nothing like Porsha.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 10
I don't see this marriage lasting more than 2 years, tops.  Because Kandi doesn't want a husband, she wants a HUZZbin. She damn sho' doesn't want to be a wife.

I agree with you 100% drivethroo. But it sounds like neither of them have a clue about marriage. I didn't like Kandi's eye rolling and stink face every time Todd mentioned anything about Mama Joyce or the prenup. And I didn't like Todd's "turn down for what?" attitude, telling his boys that he intends to keep ripping it up until 5 am, after he's married. For two people in their 30s, they both seemed awfully juvenile last night.

Kandi needs a plus one for events and Todd needs Kandi's industry connections for a leg up. As soon as Kandi decides she's over it or Todd has stacked up enough coins, the marriage is dunzo.

• Love 4

I was watching the show, again, from an airplane last night (thanks, Delta and Dish!!!!).  It made me uncomfortable, with the talk of the pre-nup, especially given that I'm dealing a pre-nup for my October wedding.

How did she think and/or how did her lawyers think he wouldn't review the document and find it entirely unsatisfactory for what he needs?  He may not have the roaring successful career she has, but he does have a career - he isn't just coming in off the street.  I think his lawyer's position was completely valid - what happens when she doesn't 'need' him anymore?

There's so much that's wrong here and it's making me uncomfortable for my own pre-nup (but we aren't getting married until October!).

know a pre-nup is not a will. BUT why didn't Kandi ever say "if anything happens to me I want everything to go to Riley."

I think if you're worth millions, you can leave your kid "everything" while still throwing your widower a hundred thousand to buy himself some life insurance.

I'm choosing to think that the real bachelorette party took place after that foolishness was over.  The real destination probably refused filming, and they needed something for the show, so Phaedra came through for a couple of clients.  

I hate to think what Todd's real bachelor party entailed.  

• Love 1

The way some of the prenup was worded, or the parts we were told about, Kandi came off as greedy. There was nothing that gave Todd anything, even if they were married for a long time and she died. He'd wind up with nothing, all of it going to Riley. I hope that the final document at least provided something for him.

Todd has been working out in L.A. for several months now, after the honeymoon, etc. Hope he's got his own savings account.