Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi's Wedding: Going to the Chapel and... Mama Joyce is Pissed.

• Start Topic

Mama Joyce is the worst. I cannot believe she pulled the weight card in regards to Kandi.

Talking about Kandi's weight is the least offensive thing she said during the entire episode.

If Todd doesn't divorce Kandi over her lack of defense of his Mother over the prostitute accusations, I'll look at him sideways.

He said that Mama Joyce "mind fucks" Kandi, yet he marries her anyway?  I am suspicious of his motives.  If anyone said such a thing about my people, we would not be on speaking terms.

This shows exactly why you can't have hanger-ons work for you.  These people aren't really her friends.  They are leeches.  Are there any scenes of them working hard?  Carmon saying she doesn't want to do something.  Bitch please. Make your own money then. When you work for someone as a personal assistant, you do their bidding.  You don't get to pick and choose what you do.  And while Todd may seem out of line, Kandi is obviously bitching up a storm about these lazy fools to him.  No different than Kim and her hanger-ons.

• Love 1
(edited)

I liked it. I laughed so much while sipping on my special drank of pineapple juice, ginger ale and sugar.

I'm glad that Joyce's sisters defended Kandi and Mama Todd. My jaw dropped when Joyce said that Todd's father was a pimp and his mom was a hoe. She's about to get it. Lol @ the preview of Mama Todd telling Joyce she picked the wrong one.

Todd was being kind of shady. I didn't like how he was speaking to people and his obsession over the prenup is almost as bad as Mama Joyce. Partial side eye to him for now.

My sentiments exactly! My jaw hit the floor when Joyce said that about Todd's parents. What is with that woman? She gets more outrageous every day.

Todd definitely exposed his bad side for the first time that I noticed. I think he should have been much gentler if he wanted to address this issue with Kandi's friend. It's not so bad what he wanted to express, but he really had no business jumping all over her like that, and Kandi should be a little more sympathetic to the fact that between MJ and Todd, she's been through too much.

The prenup thing seems a little shady, but the lawyer did say he wouldn't sign one like it, so I'll reserve judgment for now. But then there is that shady looking bachelor party.

However, MJ saying Todd didn't have Kandi's best interests at heart because he "let her gain weight." How ridiculous. No one can be in charge of someone else's weight.

I hate to say it, but the wedding looks like a hot mess. Phaedra was sure giving someone the stank eye!

Edited by renatae

Todd definitely exposed his bad side for the first time that I noticed. I think he should have been much gentler if he wanted to address this issue with Kandi's friend. It's not so bad what he wanted to express, but he really had no business jumping all over her like that, and Kandi should be a little more sympathetic to the fact that between MJ and Todd, she's been through too much.

I've noticed him displaying his bad side a couple other times. There was something off in how he had Kandi crying/begging him to be the producer of her play. He didn't respond with any emotion at all. It felt like a power move on his part. I don't think he was ever considering taking that out-of-state job he supposedly had lined up. I think he was just flaunting the prospect of leaving Atlanta to push Kandi into begging him to stay. Also, maybe I feel this way because this storyline was playing out at the same time as the prenup storyline, but it felt like Todd was setting himself up for a divorce court argument that he gave up career options to support Kandi.

There is also something shady about Todd and this prenup situation. He seems very much averse to signing one. Joyce was so crazy that everyone focused on her when reflecting on the conversation Joyce had with Todd about the prenup, but in listening to what Todd was saying, he talks out of both sides of his mouth with this "I don't care about Kandi's money" then refusing to sign a prenup unless it says in the manner to which I'm accustomed.

In general, the crazy of Joyce made me sympathetic towards Todd the first time I saw those episodes. But when the reruns came on during the reunion weeks, I was over the shock of Joyce and started really listening to Todd and how he interacts with Kandi. He's manipulative (constantly threatening to leave Kandi if she didn't stand up to Joyce or threatening to take an out-of-state job for several months if he didn't get his way in managing the play). Kandi is in tears more often than not this last season and Todd is usually involved somehow. Now he's got Kandi fighting with her friend of 20 years over some dumb shit.

• Love 2

Now ya'll have me thinking there may be some truth to Todd's mom being a prostitute because Kandi really didn't correct or get upset with Joyce at all.

Joyce basically referring to Todd's mom as a prostitution whore seems to be a way for her to set up a situation for that proposed spinoff for Reality Mothers, or whatever it was going to be called.  At first I didn't think I would be interested in such a show, but if they were to put her in the company of Jim Jone's mom, Keisha Cole's mom Frankie and Mama Dee from Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, I might give it a peep just to see someone beat the crap out of her.  Normally I would feel bad for wishing that to happen to someone's mom, but when Joyce said that foul stuff about Todd's deceased father and his mother, all bet's are off.  She needs her ass whooped!

• Love 1

Mama Joyce is supposed to be a christian and I think a minister, with THAT attitude. She is more judgemental than anyone I have ever seen! I feel so sorry for Kandi with a mother like that but kandi need to speak up to her more forcefully and set firm boundaries. They need to be on Dr. Phil on one of those mother-in-law from hell shows! She is just plain NASTY and needs to get out of her daughter's business and money. She is obsessed with "protecting Kandi's money" but not when it is offerred to her. Mama Joyce needs her own life and to give them room, let her daughter make her won mistakes and live her own life. I don't see that marriage lasting with that thorn in their sides. She is soooo selfish to stir up trouble and attention on Kandi's wedding day. If she really loved her daughter she would let go and shut her mouth to make sure Kandi has a pleasant day to remember. I think she should have eloped!

Joyce basically referring to Todd's mom as a prostitution whore seems to be a way for her to set up a situation for that proposed spinoff for Reality Mothers, or whatever it was going to be called.  At first I didn't think I would be interested in such a show, but if they were to put her in the company of Jim Jone's mom, Keisha Cole's mom Frankie and Mama Dee from Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, I might give it a peep just to see someone beat the crap out of her.  Normally I would feel bad for wishing that to happen to someone's mom, but when Joyce said that foul stuff about Todd's deceased father and his mother, all bet's are off.  She needs her ass whooped!

swanks, if this comes on tv, I promise I will stop watching everything else.   Chile some of them momses are in shape, they would take Joyce's slow behind o-u-t before she gets her shoe off good.   Code ten! Man down!

Mama Joyce is supposed to be a christian and I think a minister, with THAT attitude. She is more judgemental than anyone I have ever seen! I feel so sorry for Kandi with a mother like that but kandi need to speak up to her more forcefully and set firm boundaries. They need to be on Dr. Phil on one of those mother-in-law from hell shows! She is just plain NASTY and needs to get out of her daughter's business and money. She is obsessed with "protecting Kandi's money" but not when it is offerred to her. Mama Joyce needs her own life and to give them room, let her daughter make her won mistakes and live her own life. I don't see that marriage lasting with that thorn in their sides. She is soooo selfish to stir up trouble and attention on Kandi's wedding day. If she really loved her daughter she would let go and shut her mouth to make sure Kandi has a pleasant day to remember. I think she should have eloped!

I'm finna repeat myself with something I said in the Mary Mary thread about Christians et. al.  Not saying you think so Dazzler, I'm responding more to the way Joyce views herself.  Being in the church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in the garage makes you a car.  I can think of 10 people I know personally who know the bible back and forth and look the part early on Sun'ty morning.  But God doesn't care anything about memorization and your new suit if you've got a vicious tongue or a violent temper or won't hesitate to lie on somebody.    I think they might be beyond the establishment of boundaries.  I was watching a clip of Tiny (Kandi's Xscape bandmate) talk about her recollections of Joyce.   Early on in their relationship Joyce established a pretty no nonsense zero tolerance policy for disobedience.  Kandi would have to overcome years of emotional and psychological layers of dysfunction to fix that.  That scene with her father was a good example of watching her struggle with her irrational loyalty to her mother versus really simple truths.  It's really sad, she turns into a resistant 10 year old before our eyes.

Todd isn't Apollo-stupid, how shady could his bachelor party have been on film?  Drinks, dollahs, strippers, it actually looked pretty typical to me.    I don't have a problem with how he stepped to Carmon.  I mean whether you've ever planned a wedding before or not, this is your friend, she's having a party, with virtually no budget and you need to handle food, liquor, music and invitations?  I would've become impatient too, damn didn't she put together the play in less time? lol.    I also don't think he's after her money, I think he objects to the implications of a prenup at all.  In which case maybe don't marry a millionaire but that's another conversation :)  

• Love 4

swanks, if this comes on tv, I promise I will stop watching everything else.   Chile some of them momses are in shape, they would take Joyce's slow behind o-u-t before she gets her shoe off good.   Code ten! Man down!

(...)

That scene with her father was a good example of watching her struggle with her irrational loyalty to her mother versus really simple truths.  It's really sad, she turns into a resistant 10 year old before our eyes.

Todd isn't Apollo-stupid, how shady could his bachelor party have been on film?  Drinks, dollahs, strippers, it actually looked pretty typical to me.    I don't have a problem with how he stepped to Carmon.  I mean whether you've ever planned a wedding before or not, this is your friend, she's having a party, with virtually no budget and you need to handle food, liquor, music and invitations?  I would've become impatient too, damn didn't she put together the play in less time? lol.    I also don't think he's after her money, I think he objects to the implications of a prenup at all.  In which case maybe don't marry a millionaire but that's another conversation :)  

Z-dubbs, girl I don't think I officially said hello to you over here! Let me make it up to you with a cold glass of Ghetto Pernch.

WRT: Hood Mama's of Atlanta: I would bet that Joyce would try to act brand new and high saditty with them, but would end up slipping. I want to see KeKe Wyatt's mama on this show, too. That's one crazy white lady, y'all. How she still rocking the 90's "down ass white girl" slicked down, borderline burgundy hair look in 2014? And, well, shit. She KeKe mama (NeNe). Aint no genes that strong, that woman CREATED her. Come on, even ON her meds, Momma Dee is capital C-razy. I don't think Joyce want nunna dat. Joyce wanna talk out the side of her mouth? Momma Dee got her pimps and hoes, and IN. THAT. ORDER. 

I think we saw Todd and Carmon trying to give her a light "Come to Jesus" talk in the backyard during the regular season. I wonder if there is anything that will make her really see that standing up for herself/people she cares about is not the same as disrespecting her mother. Perhaps she's getting a little bit of backbone, with Joyce not being allowed to come over if she's going to be an asshole. Or is Kandi just deferring to Todd's decision and would have let Joyce come over if not for him putting his foot down? That shamed face and downcast eyes while Joyce was performing at the reunion were sad. You shouldn't be embarrassed by your mom (unless she's calling you by your toddler nickname, "Doo-Doo") on national tv.  Will it take Riley being a voice of reason at some point? The interactions we've seen with those two (although limited), don't seem as deferential and dictatorial as it may have been with K/J. 

I would bet that they were trying for a spinoff or at least a stand alone episode for the bachelor party. Y'all know Peter's working hard on trying to make these men pop off.  Cynthia's bank account is getting low. Besides, I don't see Todd just normally hanging with Apollo like that. He's a criminal, and Todd is a hustler (good or bad, however you see it), who if true, has escaped that kind of lifestyle and doesn't seem interested in it. Plus he's stupid as hell, and that just doesn't seem like Todd's cup of tea. 

I can see how Todd can probably easily cross the line to domineering, or at least be seen that way because he is so direct. He doesn't cower down to Joyce, either, but he does remain respectful. I think he was fourthwalling (Imma make that a reality show verb) Carmon and Johnnie, because in addition to their job paychecks, Kandi also got them a check as cast for this show, so he was trying to let them know that there is no free and easy ride. It's not about sitting on set and letting their regular responsibilities slack. I wonder how productive Carmon has been for Kandi over the years behind the scenes. If she has been performing well, I hope he's not pulling a Kroy on her. The prenup stuff, I take with a grain of salt. In the reg season clips, they made it look like he was against it, but really he was talking to Joyce in one scene (which it wasn't her damn business anyway), and the others seemed to me like he was making a point that even though Kandi has a larger amount of cash, he wanted to make sure the agreement was equitable. For example, the money he put into the house, bills, etc to be acknowledged. I don't think he'd be stupid enough to imply to Kandi that he wanted credit for her previous monies/businesses. It's probably just another flame, and he is just saying he won't be rushed or not have an attorney review it well before it is approved. If he turns out to be a user, it won't be because of some blatant shadiness. He seems way too smart for that. It would be a long game con.

• Love 1

I think Todd was right. It's not like Kandi was asking Carmen to rob a bank. It was a classic case of "that's not my job" which never goes over well.  She needs to go get a job in the real world, then she'd realize how good she's got it working for her good friend Kandi.  

I wonder why they had a change of heart regarding Kandi marrying "Tow-It." And I wonder why Kandi didn't correct Joyce when she called Tow-It's mom a prostitute.

You know what?

• Love 1

Z-dubbs, girl I don't think I officially said hello to you over here! Let me make it up to you with a cold glass of Ghetto Pernch.

WRT: Hood Mama's of Atlanta: I would bet that Joyce would try to act brand new and high saditty with them, but would end up slipping. I want to see KeKe Wyatt's mama on this show, too. That's one crazy white lady, y'all. How she still rocking the 90's "down ass white girl" slicked down, borderline burgundy hair look in 2014? And, well, shit. She KeKe mama (NeNe). Aint no genes that strong, that woman CREATED her. Come on, even ON her meds, Momma Dee is capital C-razy. I don't think Joyce want nunna dat. Joyce wanna talk out the side of her mouth? Momma Dee got her pimps and hoes, and IN. THAT. ORDER. 

I do believe the cut and paste feature can kiss my ass.

Hey Guh!!  My pressure already elevated chile, pineapple juice, non fructose corn syrup and ginger ale? say what na?  I be done laid out somewhere.   Maharincess if you're here, babe that means consumption of the aforementioned non fda-approved beverage will lead to my immediate collapse and most likely subsequent diabetic coma.   LOL!!  I'm kidding girl, I clown because I love.

Hey '90-'91 were some good times now.  I think the only thing she's missing is the black lip liner.  I can't take my eyes off her though, the idea of my nana in the mirror every morning with the prostyle gel is just riveting.     IN. THAT. ORDER.  never not funny! 

LMAO!!! @ que.  Git her.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was with Todd during the rant. That's your best from who you AGREED to help plan her wedding and your lazy ass can't be bothered to come up with another option besides Party City? No ma'am. Kandi is cheap and tacky but she's still filthy rich. Even I, a thousandaire, wouldn't get my invitations from party city.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 2

I do believe the cut and paste feature can kiss my ass.

(...)

Hey '90-'91 were some good times now.  I think the only thing she's missing is the black lip liner.  I can't take my eyes off her though, the idea of my nana in the mirror every morning with the prostyle gel is just riveting.     IN. THAT. ORDER.  never not funny! 

LMAO!!! @ que.  Git her.

Yes ma'am! I tap my lil quote button much as I want to. Love it! 

Was that the black lip liner that you filled in with burgundy/fuschia lipstick? Can I just tell you my ex's wife still rocks that look--modernized with a copper filler? Just featuring them lips all over Facebook. At least my daughter has an example of what NOT to do. No Gawd, Honey! /Dineva

Prostyle gel and a rat tail comb. Don't forget a brush for the baby hair.

Even I, a thousandaire, wouldn't get my invitations from party city.

You must be getting them Trump checks. 

I rewound just to make sure I heard it right, but when Kandi was walking down the stairs out of Mama Joyce's (AKA Kandi's) house, Mama Joyce told her she should at least get down to a size 6. Kandi replied she was already a 6, she wanted to get down to a 4. She's a size 6 and her mama is bitching about her weight? WTF?

(edited)

I agree that Kandi should have hired a wedding planner on such short notice.   I don't think that because her assistants can handle her info flow, make appointments, schedule meetings, hold auditions, get props (or whatever I imagine an assistant for Kandi would do on a regular basis) that the person should also be able to plan a wedding, such a personal event.   There are many I have seen no matter the IQ  who cannot transfer skills from a particular field or project to another concept.  

Likewise, I don't think Kandi's employment relationship with Carmon and the other guy is necessarily one-sided.  For instance, my sister moved to a higher position and rehired her old assistant simply because she trusts her confidentiality with her phone calls, meetings, and reading her emails.  Anything else is icing on the cake for her!  Kandi benefits from certain arrangements as well, which is why she showed how upset she was when Carmon stopped talking to her because of something Todd said.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

Likewise, I don't think Kandi's employment relationship with Carmon and the other guy is necessarily one-sided.  For instance, my sister moved to a higher position and rehired her old assistant simply because she trusts her confidentiality with her phone calls, meetings, and reading her emails.  Anything else is icing on the cake for her!  Kandi benefits from certain arrangements as well, which is why she showed how upset she was when Carmon stopped talking to her because of something Todd said.

I agree.  In my experience, no one should ever come between a boss and her (or his) very special assistant.  If Todd did not like what was going on, he needed to speak with Kandi about it or leave it alone.  He should have suggested that they hire a wedding planner in the first place.  Dwight would have made himself available to coordinate a tacky wedding for Kandi.

• Love 3

A Dwight wedding would have been over the top. Not only would she have worn that ostrich feather dress, but real life ostriches would follow her down the aisle.

LOL!!  Which I'm sure would've been okay because there are ostriches prancing about in Africa.   

• Love 2

A Dwight wedding would have been over the top. Not only would she have worn that ostrich feather dress, but real life ostriches would follow her down the aisle.

Curses! Why wasn't this done, Kandi??? Now y'all have got Dwight doing a Married to Medicine crossover! He does baby showers, he does fashion shows, he does princess parties, what CAN'T Dwight do? Oh to have seen his wedding top hat (Which is different from his shower, sip and see, and mad hatter top hats). Oh Dwight. The ascots! The foundation! I need a Dwight party planning show, BRAVO. He does it anyway for y'all. He could be the official "forced events" coordinator for the network. Closing the door in tardy folks' face, snarking, being grandiose! 

Sorry y'all, I got caught up in the fantasy of it all. But come on Kandi...you wanted big and crazy. Why WOULDN'T you hire Dwight? Maybe they have a beef  we dont know about.

• Love 2

Aww goodness, why didn't Bravo or Kandi think to hire Dwight. He would have had Kandi coming down the aisle riding a giraffe. 

Congrats to Kandi, her premiere had 2.442 million viewers. That is a huge win!

I like Kandi, but I find it hard to believe that she is a size 6.

I do see Carmon as taking advantage of Kandi or at the very least getting over on her. Anyone who can not show up to work for 3 days and refuse to take their boss's calls and just shows up and still has a job is not your normal employee. Todd may not have been the most diplomatic but he wasn't wrong. 

Mama Joyce continues to be horrible. 

• Love 2

Oh about the size 6 and Mama Joyce's obsession with Kandi's weight. I'm trying to understand what her ultimate insult is? Todd let Kandi gain weight? In her mind does that mean he doesn't care about her health and wants her to die to get her money? Or that he wants her to gain weight so a potential wealthy man might not think she's attractive? Or she needs something to complain about? I'm not understanding her mindset, which I realize is not necessarily a bad thing.

This thread needs a better title. Suggestions?

Kandi's Wedding: Until Death or Mama Joyce Do Us Part?

Kandi looked fantastic at the reunion. I don't know when these episodes were filmed, but I could definitely see Kandi at least being able to squeeze into a 6. Her butt is still a 12 (which is fine too), but her waist, hips, chest, and arms look fit and fab.

That's cause she's wearing one of those cincher corset thingys. I don't remember the name of it, but it pulls in the waist and pushes up the boobs. How else do you think Momma Joyce lost weight? Stress? LMAO!!!

Someone from TWOP, please refresh our memory on what that thing is called.

I do not think Kandi is a size 6. Not with that ass. But then again, maybe she's a size 6 in the kind of clothes she buys, which aren't in my opinion high end. Kim Kardashian wants us to believe that she's a 2 or a zero. Mama Joyce says she's an 8. Delusional!

Although i think that Todd should have had a word with Kandi and then let her have a word with Carmon and the other guy, I do understand his frustration. They don't seem in the least bit interested in doing the job, they don't seek or offer options and, the biggest thing, it's not like money is the issue! They just need to find the way. If they don't want to do it, they should say so. Carmon doesn't seem at all happy for her friend. And who shuts down for 3 days?

They all better hope that Todd doesn't one day relocate Kandi and Riley to Los Angeles, where he could get more work and she could easily do hers. Ingrates!

I do not think Kandi is a size 6. Not with that ass. But then again, maybe she's a size 6 in the kind of clothes she buys, which aren't in my opinion high end. Kim Kardashian wants us to believe that she's a 2 or a zero. Mama Joyce says she's an 8. Delusional!

Although i think that Todd should have had a word with Kandi and then let her have a word with Carmon and the other guy, I do understand his frustration. They don't seem in the least bit interested in doing the job, they don't seek or offer options and, the biggest thing, it's not like money is the issue! They just need to find the way. If they don't want to do it, they should say so. Carmon doesn't seem at all happy for her friend. And who shuts down for 3 days?

They all better hope that Todd doesn't one day relocate Kandi and Riley to Los Angeles, where he could get more work and she could easily do hers. Ingrates!

It's absolutely true that Carmen wasn't doing her job - I just don't know how that's Todd's business. I married a lawyer, but that doesn't give me the right to go to my partner's job and start talking out the side of my mouth to my partner's assistant. That wasn't his place no matter how frustrated he was. Plus, Carmen is more than an assistant, she has been there for Kandi for over 2 decades - that's before Kandi started making big bucks. That's their relationship and Todd needs to stay in his lane.

Kandi can't get into a size 6 jeans with that ass, but I believe that she could get into a size 6 dress. She has a small waist and isn't too busty so I believe that she's a size 6 from the waist up.

• Love 6

I agree.  In my experience, no one should ever come between a boss and her (or his) very special assistant.  If Todd did not like what was going on, he needed to speak with Kandi about it or leave it alone.  He should have suggested that they hire a wedding planner in the first place.  Dwight would have made himself available to coordinate a tacky wedding for Kandi.

Dwight would have NAILED a "Coming to America" themed wedding.

• Love 1

I rewound just to make sure I heard it right, but when Kandi was walking down the stairs out of Mama Joyce's (AKA Kandi's) house, Mama Joyce told her she should at least get down to a size 6. Kandi replied she was already a 6, she wanted to get down to a 4. She's a size 6 and her mama is bitching about her weight? WTF?

Joyce is about the most superficial old hag I've seen on tv in a long time.  How are you going to criticize the person who is supporting your decrepit ass!  She needs to take some of the money Kandi keeps doling out to her and get some diction lessons.  She and her sisters are so hard to listen to when they speak.  I find myself mouthing what I think they're trying to say as a way to pull it out of their mouths.  It's very tiring and gives me a massive headache after watching their scenes.  I would give anything to see Todd's mama drag Joyce's ass up and down the street!  It would make my millennium!  

• Love 2

I wonder what Kandi would do if Joyce talked to Riley about her weight like she does Kandi? It can't be far off.

I am ready for Todd to lay into Mama Joyce about her antics regarding his momma.  Because I don't care how much I love someone, I best not hear their momma saying anything negative about my momma.  Todd's mom could be the highest paid ho in the country & it still isn't Joyce's (ki-ki- "I'd swing from a pole to feed my kids if I had to" ki-ki) business.  What kills me, is the reunion was filmed after all this "his momma a ho & daddy a pimp" talk so evidently only Nene & Joyce are allowed to do whatever it took to feed their children.

Stank-face Joyce is bound & determined to ruin any chance Kandi has at happiness

• Love 2

I wonder what Kandi would do if Joyce talked to Riley about her weight like she does Kandi?

After seeing a recent picture of Kandi and Riley, Riley is already taller than her mom. I think if Momma Joyce starts shit with Riley, she'd whoop her granny ass down the street. :)

I like Kandi, but I'm thinking the entire wedding storyline is performance art.  I prefer to think she and Todd had a justice of the peace come to a resort somewhere where they were gathered with closest friends and family, and the rest of this nonsense is just her idea of a kickass party/made for tv movie.

Low key "real" wedding followed by blowout "play" wedding partially at Bravo's expense.  No real pressure because you've already exchanged genuine vows.

• Love 3

It's absolutely true that Carmen wasn't doing her job - I just don't know how that's Todd's business. I married a lawyer, but that doesn't give me the right to go to my partner's job and start talking out the side of my mouth to my partner's assistant. That wasn't his place no matter how frustrated he was.

If this were an instance where it was strictly about Kandi's business (i.e. about managing an artist's career, booking studio time, a launch party for a new album etc.) then I would agree with this analysis. However,I think it is Todd's business in that this is his wedding too, which he may or may not be contributing too. This assistant shirking her duties has a direct effect on what should for all intents and purposes be one of the most important & significant events of his life - his and Kandi's wedding. 

• Love 2

If this were an instance where it was strictly about Kandi's business (i.e. about managing an artist's career, booking studio time, a launch party for a new album etc.) then I would agree with this analysis. However,I think it is Todd's business in that this is his wedding too, which he may or may not be contributing too. This assistant shirking her duties has a direct effect on what should for all intents and purposes be one of the most important & significant events of his life - his and Kandi's wedding. 

Which is why Kandi needed to have hired a wedding planner. It was wrong of Kandi to put Carmen in this position where she has to plan for an event that is so special to Todd (and Kandi). If Carmen is doing work that is Todd's business, then Kandi was wrong for expanding Carmen's duties beyond her job description because Carmen is only supposed to be working for Kandi.

• Love 3

Kandi may be a size 6 ABOVE the waist but her hips, ass, and thunder thighs definately scream size 14 or 16.  I snorted out loud and scared the dog when Kandi's delusional ass said she was a size 6.

• Love 1

Kandi knows that Coming To America was a comedy not a documentary, right? That it wasn't based on any real African country or tradition. She knows this right?

I kind of think Kandi's staff has just been through this way too many times to even pretend to put on a happy face about "wedding planning". Between Mama Joyce and Kandi's seemingly horrible taste in men, I imagine her staff knows a no-win situation coming from a mile away. I wouldn't be excited to deal with Todd, Mama Joyce, Kandi and a lion either.

• Love 1

Kandi may be a size 6 ABOVE the waist but her hips, ass, and thunder thighs definately scream size 14 or 16. I snorted out loud and scared the dog when Kandi's delusional ass said she was a size 6.

On rewatch, I noticed that Kandi said "I'm in a size 6" which, well, she probably IS judging by how her pants look like they're bursting at the scenes

She should be in an 8 or 10 but she's squeezing into a 6. Kandi, girl stop.

Aww goodness, why didn't Bravo or Kandi think to hire Dwight. He would have had Kandi coming down the aisle riding a giraffe.

A large animal with a small head. 

• Love 1

Dear Kandi,

Your mother is a bitch.

She makes you look stupid and weak.

If I was doing business with you and I saw this shit?  I'd end the deal....immediately.

Signed,

Anyone who watches this show

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't like to call women c**** cause that's just rude, but Kandi's momma is a c***. What is really wrong with this woman? And what is really wrong with Kandi that she would sit there and listen to her momma talk shit? Kandi tried to be slick and act like she had no clue how Joyce behaved when Joyce popped off on Carmen at the salon because Kandi wasnt there to witness that. She was able to deflect that, but this time she's sitting front row to her trash box mommas antics.

Joyce needs a real quick pop in the mouth like your grandma used to do when you said some sideways shit.

I'm waiting for Momma Todd. Hopefully she'll unleash a good ole ho ass whooping on Joyce. Just like a good Bottom Bitch would to keep the rest of the stable in line.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 15
(edited)

Momma Joyce is a vile, disgusting, old hag who can't muster up a modicum of self control when dealing with her unhealthy dislike of Todd. All that neck wagging, finger pointing and talking shit will land her stank ass in the hospital one day if she trys to clown the wrong person. And Kandi.. I know that's your mom and you are used to her theatrics but gurl how you gonna let her go on that tirade dogging out your soon to be husband's family like that? Can't you see she was being extremely hurtful to Todd, how would you feel if it were Todd's mom constantly mouthing off, to your face no less, about you and yours? Grow a pair and check that old bat.

Edited by Boo Boo Kitty Girl
  • Love 6

I have to give Todd props for dealing with the crazy that is Mama Joyce. He is pretty articulate and even toned with her, even when he is irritated with her. 

I wonder which parent is telling more of the truth regarding Kandi's relationship with her father. It is probably a combination of both, even though I want to believe her dad just because I cannot stand Joyce.

• Love 2

Well, Joyce is a liar. So I believe the dad.

But Kandi can't seem to appreciate Todd's pain at all. That doesn't augur well for the future. Kandi is all about Kandi all the time, seems to me.

• Love 7