Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Boyz II Andi

• Start Topic

Andi heads to Santa Barbara, Cal., with her 16 remaining suitors. On a group date, the men must sing at a Boyz II Men concert; Andi and one gentleman are disguised as an elderly couple for a one-on-one date; and one bachelor receives horrible news.

I am so beyond psyched for this Boyz II Men episode!!! In my fantasies, the guys bust out singing End of the Road after Andi hands out the final rose of the episode.

• Love 3

Start the drinking games for "not here for the right reasons" (Andrew).... will we also get "amazing journey"?

Andrew had some smarmy looking faces going on during the rose ceremony. Felt kind of bad for the opera singer who got let go.

Ok, I'm dying to know what Josh has tattooed on the inside of his biceps.  Looks like Old English lettering.

Fun episode.  They were all such BAD singers, even Bradley.  I felt bad for him at the end, but he was kind of an attention hog during the singing.  Cody seems pretty likable and sweet, but definitely not for Andi. 

Andrew was really getting the shifty/shady/sneaky edit. 

(edited)

I loved that the guys could laugh at themselves during the Boyz II Men concert.

I also thought that waitress-number gate was a little contrived. So what if some woman gave him her number. If it was unsolicited of course he would laugh and brag about it with the guys.

Edited by FlyingEgret
  • Love 4

"It was like warfare", except, you know, not in any way, shape or form. I love, love, love Bachelor hyperbole!

Of all the things that disqualify me from being "The Bachelorette" the inability to sign my notes with a heart might be my most grievous.

• Love 6

Why, oh why did I pick "IN-sane" for my drinking game?  My liver can't take many more of these nights.

And why did Andi and J.J. decide to act like 80 year olds with emphysema?  Are they planning on knocking back a carton of unfiltered Camels from now until then?

• Love 5
(edited)
In my fantasies, the guys bust out singing End of the Road after Andi hands out the final rose of the episode.

How about End of the Rose?  Anyhow, I'm a fan of the Kinsey Milhone mystery novels that take place in Santa Barbara. . . so I was thinking, here is the beach front where Kinsey runs, here is the rich housing development overlooking the ocean, here is the court house where she goes to file stuff and do research, oh, now they're in the bird sanctuary!! Kinsey has tracked down bad guys there!  Now if I could see the dumpster she hid in before blowing a guy away . . . Fun episode, especially the Boyz to Men. The guys can't sing but they sure are good sports! However, I felt Bradley looked at this show as being a giant audition, even his good-bye speech.  The bent head, broken voice, man-tears, surely he was trying out for a tragic hero part.  Not sure what was going on with the manfrontation - it did seem staged, it also smelled of playground bullies.  I do like Nick. I think he is very sweet.  The old people date was funny, too!

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 4

I guess there's some sort of "emergency" contingency plan for all the bachelors. Probably his parents called to tell him about his friend. Must have been a really close one. I Don"t think Ron was really into it anyway.

The chemistry between Josh and Andi is smoking hot!! But….I am not as into the aggressive, protect you behavior. I still like him though.

But after tonight, my favorite is Nick…..I just like everything about him.

Marcus (who is only 25) seems less mature.
JJ is a cutie.
Marquel is a hoot.
Hardly showed Chris at all tonight and he looked a bit odd when they showed him.

That singing…..if you could call it that!! They'd better not quit their day jobs!!

I felt bad for Eric when the flowers were delivered. But I blame TPTB for the timing, and Andi for opening the note right then. #awkward

Yes, Leighdear, they should have struck up a conversation with Rosie and William who found true love at 80! They could have sat in a booth and have some of Rosie's bad wine and Henry's rolls, with Kinsey in the corner sipping her Chardonnay.

• Love 1

Egads, that was some horrific shit coming from those guys. It sounded like someone had a death grip on quite a few balls there at the end, especially Marcus. The opera singer seemed quite enamored with the sound of his own voice, not sorry he's gone.

Heh y'all I'm glad to know that Josh M is a grown ass man, I was beginning to wonder {eyeroll}. And it begins..."the right reasons" witchhunt and I for one can't wait for the bros to implode. Exactly how stupid do you have to be, Andrew, to brag about copping a number from some random and not think it will come back to haunt you?

Sorry about the tragedy in Ron's life; he seemed like a decent enough guy but if I'm being honest, all this time I thought his name was Vaughn.

Nice cockblocking by the flower delivery. The timing could not have worked any better for Nic. It seems a few of the guys are starting to mark their territory so that always ratchets up the drama quite nicely.  I continue to be impressed by Andi who would have thunk it?

• Love 1
(edited)

Cripes, that might have been one of the most cringeworthy episodes of the Bachelorette I have ever seen. Andi is NOT feeling most of these guys and they are all professing their "feelings" WAY too quickly. Geez guys...can you string me along just a bit more and stop prematurely blowing your wads? I'm trying to suspend disbelief here and y'all are making it too hard! The only real thing about this episode was Ron shooing away those cameras when he got bad news. He couldn't get out there fast enough and he didn't even give a parting goodbye interview...which speaks to how distraught he was.

I have a few "Staahp its" to hand out:

• Marcus...stop it. You are cute but you don't give a shit about Andi, you just want to stay on until the end.
  • Andi, stop pretending you feel a speck of attraction for JJ. He's got the "just friends" date.
  • Opera guy, stop pretending you can sing at all. You were terrible. In fact, I never want to hear any Bachelor/Bachelorette cast members ever sing again. My ears are still bleeding. 
  • Josh M, never use the phrase "grown ass man" again. You may, however, continue to mack on Andi because you are one of the few that she is actually attracted to. 
  • Andrew, stop smirking like the villain of the piece
  • Nick, don't stop being totally adorable. Even if the bachelorette producers helped with those flowers, it was still sweet. And I'm feeling the chemistry
Edited by PetuniaP
  • Love 3
(edited)
Nice cockblocking by the flower delivery. The timing could not have worked any better for Nic.

That was totally the producers wanting to create drama. First of all, considering the contestants are supposed to be cut off from the outside world during this process, you know he ran the flowers thing by them, which is certainly fine. But the guy coming in and delivering the flowers when he did was totally the producers' work since considering all the non-disclosures and stuff, no way a flower delivery guy would just walk up in there without going past them first. I'm just surprised they didn't wait for it to be in front of a group of the guys. And once that happened, she was totally checked out from Eric.

That being said, there is like zero spark between Andi and Eric. He seemed like a nice guy but it's pretty obvious, at least to me that he really wasn't that interested in her romantically and she wasn't particularly interested in him. There just didn't seem to be any spark/attraction between them. Meanwhile, Josh and Nick as final two is being telegraphed so clearly that there are practically blinding flashing lights declaring it. She seemed completely and totally wrapped up in both of them when she was with them. Josh however seems far more all in than Nick which is not surprising since he admits he's skeptical about the process.

Some of his comments at their dinner fascinated me because they were so no PC and at times I would feel like they were flashing lights to Andi that this is someone either not ready to settle down or who just has issues with commitment. However he would say something else that would make me go, "you know I didn't think of it that way but that makes sense." Nick actually gives me shades of Jef in the first few weeks of Emily's season. Although he has Jef beat in the kissing the bachelorette category. 

Which speaking of kissing, boy, once Andi got one taste, she really started going for it huh. Tonight there was Josh, Nick, Marcus, JJ and am I forgetting someone else? Meanwhile both Marcus and Andrew kind of bothered me...Andrew because he definitely has douche/smarm face and Marcus because he was kind of giving me sociopathic vibes. He has that classic, almost too perfect blonde good looks and he just kept having these angry eyes/death stares, especially when he didn't get the 1-1. I may be exaggerating, I totally admit that but he was seriously creeping me out and I don't see much chemistry between him and Andi.

and Andi for opening the note right then. #awkward

It reminded me of Emily reading Ryan's 7-page letter while that poor Tony awkwardly stood by waiting for some 1 on 1 time.

I forgot to add that while I'm all for doing something different and especially after the skin-fest/strip show last week, JJ and Andi's "let's dress up like old people and bike around" was completely weird and random. I mean I guess they sort of looked like they were having a good time so cheers for that but still...weird.

Edited by truthaboutluv
Ok, I'm dying to know what Josh has tattooed on the inside of his biceps.  Looks like Old English lettering.

I'm not 100% positive, but from what I could tell, it was either:

Right Arm = "RIGHT", Left Arm = "REASONS"

or

Right Arm = "DOUCHE", Left Arm = "BAG"

• Love 12
(edited)

Ok, I'm dying to know what Josh has tattooed on the inside of his biceps. Looks like Old English lettering.

Another forum site has a picture of Josh and his tats -- right arm is RDM (father's initials: Robert Dennis Murray) and left arm is LGM (mother's initials: Lauren Goodhart Murray). There are four smaller tattoos on his right side that appear to be more initials; speculation on the other site is that they are siblings' or grandparents' initials. (I'm a TWOP transplant and don't know whether there are rules about linking to other forums, especially if they require registration; info is easily available in a search for Josh Murray tattoos, but note that TB's Josh Murray isn't the 300-pound Josh Murray on some show called "Party Down South." Also note that the site with the photo is filled with spoilers, so consider yourself warned.)

This was posted tonight on his mom's Facebook page (evidently she hasn't done anything with her privacy settings to limit access to her page):

"The answer to what are Josh's tattoos on his triceps ... When Josh was drafted by the Brewers at 17 he became very homesick & had Denny's initials tattooed on one arm and mine on the other so if he crossed his arms we were always there to give him a hug. At least that's the reason he gave when I started screaming when I saw ink under his arm."

His brother, Aaron Murray, who was recently drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs, also has tattoos of his parents' and siblings' initials (scroll about a third of the way down, below the first set of asterisks).

Edited by bluepencil
  • Love 1
"The answer to what are Josh's tattoos on his triceps ... When Josh was drafted by the Brewers at 17 he became very homesick & had Denny's initials tattooed on one arm and mine on the other so if he crossed his arms we were always there to give him a hug. At least that's the reason he gave when I started screaming when I saw ink under his arm."

Aww. Well that makes me like him a lot more. I think Andi likes him (or at least his face) more than anyone else on this season.

Start the drinking games for "not here for the right reasons" (Andrew).... will we also get "amazing journey"?

Andrew had some smarmy looking faces going on during the rose ceremony. Felt kind of bad for the opera singer who got let go.

So did I, especially since he was the only one who didn't butcher Boyz II Men.   "I'll Make Love to You" is one of my favorite songs  (for some reason, I always imagine it being played over the closing credits of some maudlin romantic comedy from around 1997), but I was almost ready to yank my hearing aids out and hurl them across the room during the closing credits of tonight's episode.

Poor Cody, doing mental gymnastics trying to turn Andi's prank into something positive. The reality is, time spent punking is time not spent kissing. Cody is just harmless filler in a friendzone seat  because half of Andi's soulmate equation does not equal a man who makes 50 cents an hour with no bathroom breaks working in a gym.

Even though Josh is a greasy alpha male douchebag, I couldn't help but have a mini orgasm when he got all growly while they were making out. I bet he's an animal in bed. Andi better keep him at least until the Fantasy Suites so I can pray that they forget to unmike him during private times. Yowza!

I laughed out loud at Andrew's surpise at being called out on his shenanigans. Obviously he thought they were all operating on "Man Code," wherein men ignore or encourage a lack of integrity in other men when it comes to women. He totally gave himself away when he said "I thought we were all in this together..." Asshole. He's totally the type of guy to lend his married buddy his apartment key for cheating purposes. I hope this red flag hangs over his head when he hits the streets after he's unceremoniously dumped for "not being there for the right reasons," which looks inevitable at this point.

• Love 1

I kind of see andrew getting another woman's phone number as a "hedging your bet" situation.  You're competing for a prize, trying to win, but the odds are that you will lose. 

So - in case you lose, instead of walking away thinking "OH MY GOD THE LOVE OF MY LIFE DUMPED ME", you walk away thinking "I guess I'll go call that waitress".

It's a self-protective measure.  We all do it.  If not in love, then when applying for a job, or college, buying a house, whatever.  Have a plan B, so when you're Plan A falls through, you can bounce back.

• Love 1
(edited)
So did I, especially since [bradley] was the only one who didn't butcher Boyz II Men.

He didn't technically butcher it, but he put an "operatic" spin on it, which did not fit the song at all. I also hated his phony exit package. Aren't opera singers supposed to be able to portray emotions convincingly?

[Andrew]'s totally the type of guy to lend his married buddy his apartment key for cheating purposes.

You mean the key to his house where he can park his car in the living room? He bragged about it in his intro package (not shown in the first episode, but available online), which is when I knew he was a douche.

I kind of see andrew getting another woman's phone number as a "hedging your bet" situation.  You're competing for a prize, trying to win, but the odds are that you will lose.

He could have at least waited a few weeks until he was actually off the show. Or, you know, not told the other guys about accepting the phone number. 

Has Dylan watched the show before? The contestants with extreme sob stories never make it far. Does he really think Andi is going to fall in love with him because both of his siblings died from drug abuse?

Sad to see Ron go and wish we could have learned more about him before he left. Interesting that he at first spoke Hebrew on the phone even though he was talking to someone named Mary. He really didn't want that conversation to air.

Edited by chocolatine
Poor Cody, doing mental gymnastics trying to turn Andi's prank into something positive.

That must have happened during the time I was on the phone.  What happened?

That must have happened during the time I was on the phone.  What happened?

She tried to bluff him that she'd heard that he has a girlfriend.

Frankly, it reminded me of an old Benny Hill bit where he acted as a detective and confronted suspects with "I . . Know . . . Everything", only to get confessions he never expected.  I was kind of hoping that Cody would cop to something there and blow up her little prank.

• Love 1

The good news tonight is that I wasn't distracted by Andi's down-turned lips.

The bad news is that I was totally distracted by the way she makes duck-lips whenever the guy she's with is talking.  That seems very deliberate on her part.  I don't know what she's going for.  But, imo, she's making herself look ridiculous.

Just when I was worried "at the end of the day" wouldn't be part of her season I got BOTH "at the end of the day" and "stahhhhhpppp" in one night.  Lots of likes and y'alls too. I lost count but I know it was quite a few.

I'm actually enjoying Andi's season and liking her way better than I thought I would, so far. I hope it continues.

I hope Andi doesn't really like JJ as much as she said she did. I think he's a walking flutter of red flags. Non-stop talking, all of it about himself, repeated the same stuff over and over, worked too hard and too long at the old-person character, thinks his quirkiness is cuter than it really is, was so bullied in school he had to change schools and now can't wait to gang up on Andrew for having a phone number, broke up with his last girl friend because all they did was compete with each other. He's a pantsapreneur.

Andi is cutting all the right men. Opera man sobbed over someone he'd just met and the other guy had hair like Sean Penn in "Dead Man Walking."

I think Marcus is dreamy but Andi wasn't responding to his tender kisses at all. Andi's a smacker.

• Love 2

Thanks for the info on Josh's tats, friends!  Though I was a little irked that he used the Bukowski "I'm a grown-ass man" phrase.  That should have died with him.  And agreed, his chemistry with Andi is nuclear.  She grabbed his face & latched on. 

Marcus bothers me, for some reason.  I'm ok with facial hair, but his looks grown to hide the fact that he looks about 12. 

Nick used the word "like" more than Andi does. 

• Love 1

Marcus does look about twelve, but I thought Jef Holmes looked about eight and Emily chose him. There's no accounting for other women's taste. All through Des's season I kept saying,"But what about the tall handsome one!" meaning Chris, and she just ignored me until that odd, greasy guy dumped her.

• Love 1

Marcus looks like an actor from my soap whose character was just murdered, so I keep doing a double take when he appears on screen. 

Andi may have lips for many of these gents, but I think she only has eyes for Josh. The lab of love is about to blow up from all their chemistry.

The lab of love is about to blow up from all their chemistry.

Awesome line!  :)

Poor JJ had to "steal" little kisses from Andi through their date.  I'll bet watching this back, he'll see that he was totally friend-zoned within 5 minutes of meeting her.  

If Andrew had kept his mouth shut about that phone number, nobody would have known.  Obviously the girl gave it to him on the sly if none of the other guys at that dinner saw or heard the exchange.  Pacey made the classic mistake of not checking his ego at the door.  

• Love 1

Marcus, pretty as he is, creeps me out. He strikes me as the least sincere of the bunch, even more so than Andrew. Andrew, you can kind of trust he is just a general run-of-the-mill douche-bag and avoid him in real life. But Marcus acts all smooth and caring but says the most unnerving things in his confessionals. He seems unnaturally competitive and not really because he cares about Andi either. He keeps talking about the special connection that he has with her and seems to compare himself with the other guys way too much. He just wants to win, no matter what the prize is.

What Nick V. said about how this whole process creates the possibility of falling in love with the idea of somebody rather than really falling in love with them is spot-on.

So far, I think Andi adores Nick and has the hots for Josh.

Cody, JJ and Marquel are so in the friend-zone it's not even funny.

Eric and Andi have no chemistry and I bet neither are attracted to the other.

• Love 2

I think Andi's chemistry with Josh is qualitatively different from any of the other guys.  Her body language towards him is different.  She seems less "in control" and more submissive in her one-on-one time with him.  And, iirc, he's the only one who didn't "ask" for a kiss.

Maybe it's because I really don't like Andi, but if she ends up picking Josh and says "they knew it from night #1", or some similar trope, I hope her encouraging other guys (whom she's obviously not that into) to "open up" and yadayadayada gets thrown in her face.

I realize that's all part of the show.  But so were most of the things that Andi and her asshole dad ripped Juan Pablo for last season.  I think it's going to be hard for Andi to come out of this season not looking incredibly, IN-sanely hypocritical.

Although I have to say I still love the whiplash "I feel really bad about Ron's friend . . . but, oh well . . . CHEERS!" toasts.

• Love 1

The horrendous singing actually made me look up from my laptop and pay attention to the show last night.  Also thought the "old people" dress up was another good gag, although they should have made them bungee jump or rappel down a building dressed like that for extra laughs.  I liked JJ as the old geezer; I thought he really went with it, despite the fact that not only did they make him bald and white haired but they looked like they gave him a skin disease on top of everything, like his eyes were bleeding or something.  

Still not liking Andi very much at all.  And are these the cheapest dates ever? Going to the beach; bike riding, hiking, walking around a park, dinner at a courthouse? WTH?  

• Love 1
Still not liking Andi very much at all.  And are these the cheapest dates ever? Going to the beach; bike riding, hiking, walking around a park, dinner at a courthouse? WTH?

And tonight?  We're leaving the house for . . . exotic . . . Connecticut?

• Love 2

Yes, he does! I like Nick but I think he might be a little over-confident about his special connection with Andi at this point.

JJ walks like Tony Perkins. If he say anything about his mother being his best friend we might need to warn Andi.

And tonight?  We're leaving the house for . . . exotic . . . Connecticut?

Ooooh, hopefully they'll go to exotic Hartford and talk about insurance, my dream vacation......

• Love 1

So - in case you lose, instead of walking away thinking "OH MY GOD THE LOVE OF MY LIFE DUMPED ME", you walk away thinking "I guess I'll go call that waitress".

It's a self-protective measure.  We all do it.  If not in love, then when applying for a job, or college, buying a house, whatever.  Have a plan B, so when you're Plan A falls through, you can bounce back.

I don't think Andrew plans on ever calling that number. I think he did it just to show off and assert himself as the dominant male in the group. Pure ego move.

• Love 1

And tonight?  We're leaving the house for . . . exotic . . . Connecticut?

Ha! To be fair, they are going to a casino - Mohegan Sun by the looks of it and it's one of my favorite casinos outside of Vegas. Plus, the woods around there are beautiful so I hope we get to see some of that. 

(edited)
Does anyone else think Nick looks so much like Phillip Phillips?

I can see it. He has that same awkward, twitchy thing Philip has. 

Yes, he does! I like Nick but I think he might be a little over-confident about his special connection with Andi at this point.

See I didn't get that only because he spent so much of their date saying why he had reservations about the whole process and in the end he admitted that he had a crush and was definitely starting to like her but that was it. He was also concerned about the fact that he and Andi hadn't spent any time together since their date and she'd been on a group and 1-1 date. And I thought the flowers were kind of sweet because of his reasoning that he wanted to create as "normal" a dating situation as possible with there being  nothing normal with this whole show.

I actually think that describes Marcus more than Nick which is why Marcus gives me creepy vibes. He also reminds me of Chris Bukowski during Emily's season who was always convinced there was deep and amazing connection between them that she didn't have a tenth of with any of the other guys and it was like yeah…no. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Why, oh why did I pick "IN-sane" for my drinking game?  My liver can't take many more of these nights.

And why did Andi and J.J. decide to act like 80 year olds with emphysema?  Are they planning on knocking back a carton of unfiltered Camels from now until then?

We were asking the same thing at my house about the old people shtick. "Bet they wish they'd smoked less now." And JJ should have had better posture his whole life, obviously - most people lose a few inches in height as they age, but hopefully they don't turn into Quasimodo.

JJ lost any points he may have gained with me for how he handled the whole debacle with Andrew. He brought Josh into it for backup or whatever, fine, but then he just stood there while Josh did all the accusing with "From what I heard" and similar statements. JJ, own up to your part of it.

And finally, Marcus was so awkward when he was sitting with Andi and said he'd been wanting to kiss her. They're on a loveseat, and he's leaning back away from her when he says it. If you're going to say something like that, get within kissing range! Act like you're actually ready to kiss her.

Why do I feel like the guys this season are generally not as nice as the guys on Des' season. Aside from the Ben and James drama, I felt that the guys in that season really got along and had fun with each other and wasn't as cut throat as I've seen so far on this season and it's only the third episode. I feel like Andi's candidates are overall not as good as what Des got (Drew, Chris, Brooks, Kasey, Zak are all nice harmless guys, even Michael).

I've been thinking Nick looks like the law partner from Ally McBeal -- the odd one, what was the character's name?  John something?

While I can admit that Josh is a very attractive guy, he is just way too done up for me.  His blindingly white, way-too-perfect teeth to his manscaped brows, I'd bet he spends more time grooming than I do.  Big turn off for me, and I bet he doesn't even really need all of that to still be television ready.

I still enjoy Andi -- I appreciate her intelligence. 

• Love 1