Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

BOOM! That was awesome!

I know, right!?!

*jumps up and down*

*coughs*

As I type, I'm fighting the urge not to spoil today's ending. It was The Best Ending Ever. Or at least, the best I've seen in a long while. ;)

There's an exchange of lines that I absolutely loved. Not quoting anyone is hard. LOL

*bites tongue*

Edited by C76
  • Love 4

it was GREAT!!! I felt bad for Sharon alone in her cottage with Faith when the lights began flickering, she did look apprehensive, but she convinced Faith everything was ok..sure, when Nick is in a bind, he certainly doesn't mind letting Sharon look after Faith then...jerk!!

• Love 6

LOL. Yes it's the point of the thread. Anyhow for those who don't want to be teased or go to various sites. Neil pours a whiskey and announces to everyone on the jet he sees .... everything

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I should know better than to be shy in here.

And when it comes to today's show, it's not just that Neil revealed himself. It's the details of how things went down that got me.

At the plane's bar, Neil poured himself a drink. He wasn't even pretending to be blind in the way he was holding the glasses and bottle. It's like he was standing there saying,"I am SO done."

The family was sitting around, talking. Lily had her back to her father. Suddenly she turned and said (paraphrasing), "Dad don't! That's alcohol."

In reply, Neil said something like,"Not only is it alcohol, it's 80-proof [blah blah blah...]" He read the label word for word.

I tell you, I clapped. I snapped my fingers. I yelled at my TV.

I think that's when Cane jumped in with,"You can see?" (I noticed that--from what I remember--as Neil was reading the bottle, Cane put his head in his hand, as he realized the implications of Neil reading. I don't know if that was the actor or director's choice, but I liked it.)

In return, Neil said more than once, in a very precise tone, that he could see--all the while looking at Hilary and Devon. I hope he has time to rip them a new one before anything else happens.

Edited by radishcake
  • Love 11

You are not wrong Canadian, though anyone from anywhere is welcome here. ;)this thread is clearly marked as Spoilers, not only with our general spoiler tag but in the name of the thread itself. Anyone who sees it has been readily warned that spoilers are here. Some posts have been modified or deleted since they all contained the same information. 

Bunny-Wallpapers-bunny-rabbits-128637_10

• Love 6

Thanks radishcake for clearing that up!! Love that bunny..:0)

edited to add: most certainly anyone should be welcomed in here, so those from wherever come in and enjoy the Canadian spoilers with us Canucks.....

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 7

Thanks radishcake for clearing that up!! Love that bunny..:0)

edited to add: most certainly anyone should be welcomed in here, so those from wherever come in and enjoy the Canadian spoilers with us Canucks.....

Thanks for the invitation - I think most of us lurk here anyhow, since we don't have a Canadian re-cap.  Hint - hint.....

• Love 5

At the Abbott cabin, Courtney arrives talking about how bad the storm is getting....Abby makes a punch, later we see a hand pour something into it, they all drink it and almost instantly everyone falls asleep...later Noah and Kevin awaken and manage to wake everyone up, Summer is really drowsy and out of it but finally comes around, Austin is missing, they look for him outside as a snow storm rages outside, finally Kevin opens a closet door saying I am really getting worried about that guy as Austin falls out of he closet, unconscious or dead..

Turmoil in the plane as everyone begins to find out who knew what..Lily is devastated at Devon and then at Cane as she finds out he knew, Jill finds out that Colin was blackmailing Devon..Lily slaps Devon and screams her hatred at Hilary, Neil is very cold and calculating...he tells Devon and Hilary they are dead to him as the plane begins to shake and tremble and Neil holds on to his briefcase...at the Underground, Joe tells Avery that he is leaving town, Victor arrives with Phyllis on his arm, Nikki is getting drunk, she and Victor fight, Jack and Phyllis fight, Sage is happily serving drinks and meets Nikki, Adam arrives and he and Nick talk about his and Sage's marriage of convenience...there is no next day spoilers..as The plane begins to plummet

• Love 11

Holy shit that was good!

Loved Neil lambasting Hevon.  Devon looked like a pathetic little boy, saying, I'm sorry, Daddy, I broke the vase in the dining room.  And Hilary is just pathetic, making it all about how she was helping Neil, and how difficult it has been for her.

Neil also put together that Devon was in the bedroom when Neil showed up in NYC.

He also outed Cane, as complicit, and Colin as a blackmailer who took advantage of the situation.  So Jill is furious with Colin, and Lily is with Cane.

Surprised Neil didn't call out Jill for hypocrisy as she was expressing her shock and disdain to Devon.  She did after all sleep with her step-son.  Sort of the same thing.

Lily SMACKED Devon across the face, and of course the expected:  I told you so! re Hilary being a user.

Neil regretted ever taking in Devon.

Neil then said that Devon and Hilary are going to be dead!  And then he clutched his silver hard-sided briefcase.  Implying there is a bomb.  But then the plane hit bad weather and appeared to be hit by lightening. (It looked like a little model airplane)

At the Abbott cabin, Courtney arrives talking about how bad the storm is getting....Abby makes a punch, later we see a hand pour something into it, they all drink it and almost instantly everyone falls asleep...later Noah and Kevin awaken and manage to wake everyone up, Summer is really drowsy and out of it but finally comes around, Austin is missing, they look for him outside as a snow storm rages outside, finally Kevin opens a closet door saying I am really getting worried about that guy as Austin falls out of he closet, unconscious or dead..

Turmoil in the plane as everyone begins to find out who knew what..Lily is devastated at Devon and then at Cane as she finds out he knew, Jill finds out that Colin was blackmailing Devon..Lily slaps Devon and screams her hatred at Hilary, Neil is very cold and calculating...he tells Devon and Hilary they are dead to him as the plane begins to shake and tremble and Neil holds on to his briefcase...at the Underground, Joe tells Avery that he is leaving town, Victor arrives with Phyllis on his arm, Nikki is getting drunk, she and Victor fight, Jack and Phyllis fight, Sage is happily serving drinks and meets Nikki, Adam arrives and he and Nick talk about his and Sage's marriage of convenience...there is no next day spoilers..as The plane begins to plummet

Canadian, good thing you remember more than me, I had already forgotten about possibly dead Austin!

• Love 10

Thanks for the recap Canadian and banana. I'll definitely watch Monday. I usually FF the Winters but I am actually looking forward to seeing their family dysfunction, secrets and lies come out all at once and at 20,000 ft.

I'm also going to see if I can find those scenes of Neil and Nikki at the bar. Sounds like those two haven't been this engaging in years.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 7

​radish cake, thank you for that reminder re: spoilers. I love that bunny. 

Something about the show is changing. Is it the writing? Every now and then I see comments about Chuck Pratt. If this is what the show is going to be like under his authority, then I'm pleased.

Everyone is already expressing what I feel about the Hevon reveal.  I'd like to take a moment for Phyllis. The way Jack and Avery are treating (perceiving) her disgusts me. Purposely trying to get her to go off so that she'll seem to be crazy? Upsetting her, and then saying that she's unstable? Are those two high? A short fuse does not automatically equal mental instability. Sometimes it means a person has a low tolerance for BS. 

On a more positive note, I thought that GT looked gorgeous today. I love her portrayal of Phyllis.

Edited by C76
  • Love 11

he way Jack and Avery are treating (perceiving) her disgusts me. Purposely trying to get her to go off so that she'll seem to be crazy? Upsetting her, and then saying that she's unstable?

Yeah, this shit doesn't make any sense to me either.  I mean The Bug has nothing on her, any good lawyer would have the charges dropped in five seconds flat.  TPTB need to get their heads out of their butts and at least attempt some realism.  As I said before, I would love to see somebody (Leslie?)  take on Cockroach and smash her like the insect she is.

• Love 8
The way Jack and Avery are treating (perceiving) her disgusts me. Purposely trying to get her to go off so that she'll seem to be crazy? Upsetting her, and then saying that she's unstable? Are those two high?

Pfffft, if only.  Honestly, how stupid was that - Phyllis begins confiding to Jack her own self-service by way of Victor and his fortress of power of influence, and idiot Jack still goes ahead with that daft hare-brained scheme to destabilise her.  He's such a dumbass.  I'm not into Phack, so have no horse in this race -  I just hate to see Jack written so fuckin' stupid and naive all the time.  I like PB and see no reason why Jack should continue to be written as such a dimwit.  After seeing what a bit of booze has done to lift Nik and Neil, perhaps a kick up the arse by way of a few opiates might benefit Jack.

Austin falls out of he closet, unconscious or dead..

Surely this dreary mopey whifflehead can't be our  "tall, dark and dreamy" casualty? 

• Love 8

I wish that Neil had concealed his blindness for a bit longer. OTOH, a couple of times at the club when Neil saw Hillary he made it very obvious that he could see her and was not pretending to still be blind at all, so the writing was pretty much on the wall. As others have said, I thought all the players on the plane did a good job of their respective parts during the big reveal. But the graphics of the plane bobbing around in bad weather were laughable.

• Love 3

Thanks, seems like old times.

• Love 5

Surely this dreary mopey whifflehead can't be our "tall, dark and dreamy" casualty?

Perhaps. Although the actor who plays him is good looking, it didn't immediately occur to me that Austin is who that description was referring to. (Maybe because he's too young for me.) But you never know.

• Love 4

Thanks Canadian! (Red) Great recaps!!! (:

Holy shit that was good!

Loved Neil lambasting Hevon.  Devon looked like a pathetic little boy, saying, I'm sorry, Daddy, I broke the vase in the dining room.  And Hilary is just pathetic, making it all about how she was helping Neil, and how difficult it has been for her.

Neil also put together that Devon was in the bedroom when Neil showed up in NYC.

He also outed Cane, as complicit, and Colin as a blackmailer who took advantage of the situation.  So Jill is furious with Colin, and Lily is with Cane.

Surprised Neil didn't call out Jill for hypocrisy as she was expressing her shock and disdain to Devon.  She did after all sleep with her step-son.  Sort of the same thing.

Lily SMACKED Devon across the face, and of course the expected:  I told you so! re Hilary being a user.

Neil regretted ever taking in Devon.

Neil then said that Devon and Hilary are going to be dead!  And then he clutched his silver hard-sided briefcase.  Implying there is a bomb.  But then the plane hit bad weather and appeared to be hit by lightening. (It looked like a little model airplane)

Canadian, good thing you remember more than me, I had already forgotten about possibly dead Austin!

Thanks Banana!!! AWESOME!!!

• Love 2

The one point I found myself getting angry about was that the writers seemed to be disabling some of Neil's more-than-justifiable rage by giving him the aluminum briefcase of terror. Way to go, writers! Give Neil the crazy instead of working through all the fall-out here.

Of course, potentially, the conveniently timed Airport 2015 storm will wipe out the briefcase and make everybody so tearfully glad to have survived that all grudges are called off. Eugh, no. I want Neil the Avenger, not Neil the Mad Bomber.

• Love 4

Red it is so good to be able to read your spoilers again.  I used to read them instead of watching half the time.  I always enjoyed your recaps

• Love 8

I think that hand was Fen's, long thin fingers.  I think he went after Austin out of jealousy, he was shooting looks at the cabin and has put him down to Summer over and over.  Fen had a screw loose at one time too I seem to recall.  

And I agree let Neil be mad as hell but why make add the briefcase hazard.  It is obvious they all don't die and they all know the plane crash will not be connected to it so why?  So what if someone dies (and they will) is someone going to point a finger at Neil and what was in the briefcase as the cause...doesn't make sense.    

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 5

Hope Neil has a sammich in that Briefcase Full of Blues!

The good news is that they have plenty of bottled water, the same brand Pricktor has in his office.  Oh, and booze, they have a well stocked bar.

• Love 7

He's such a dumbass.  I'm not into Phack, so have no horse in this race -  I just hate to see Jack written so fuckin' stupid and naive all the time.

He is a dumbass and I can't stand him.  Phack is one of my least fave couples. I really hope Phyllis dumps him for good. She sure found out she can't trust him. PB sure has learned the dumb stupid looks... he does them in every damn scene.

• Love 1
Surely this dreary mopey whifflehead can't be our  "tall, dark and dreamy" casualty?

One can only hope. I don't want to lose my Joe.  :-(  But they'd need to give a better hairdo.

I can't believe, through all of this, they keep Dullan. Good grief.

• Love 5

As long as JFP is still around, SBu is going nowhere. He was her pet on GH and he's her pet on Y&R. I actually liked him when he first came to Y&R, but the writing has done him no favors lately. They really need to pair Dylan with Sharon and get him away from the walking, talking boobs.

• Love 3

As long as JFP is still around, SBu is going nowhere. He was her pet on GH and he's her pet on Y&R. I actually liked him when he first came to Y&R, but the writing has done him no favors lately. They really need to pair Dylan with Sharon and get him away from the walking, talking boobs.

You know what gets me? It's taken me forever to figure out why people might not like Dylan.  I finally clued in a week or two ago when Avery was in a scene with Joe Clark. Since Avery and Joe were married, why do TPTB have it seem as though Joe is the one who is trying to ruin what Avery and Dylan have? Isn't Dylan the one that she cheated on Joe with?  

I mean, I believe the writers may have their reasons. But as far as I'm concerned, they make no sense.

As for today's show, there's so much to ponder and snark about. Lily's still missing. In a brawl at Nick's joint, Dylan meant to punch Joe, but hit Avery instead. Jack got it on with Kelly--a move that I think he's going to wind up regretting.

And the kids...I have doubts about Summer's fuzzy memory. Her hubby may be dead, but I don't think she's the one who did it. (I believe we were supposed to conclude this based on her recollection of hiding a bloodied object in the couch.) Something tells me there's much more to the story.

Edited by C76
  • Love 3

So Austin got conked on the head and died, but Fen admitted to spiking the punch.  Who killed Austin?

I could not believe Jack boinked Kelly.  I thought he was trying to set her up to reveal the truth.  He's crazy.  She is BSC and now he has just used her again and tossed her aside, he was a real asshole.  What the hell was he thinking.

Hilary appears to be paralyzed, and may bleed to death.  Lily must have landed in a tree cause no one can find her.  Neil's briefcase contained mementoes, not a bomb.

Everyone but pilot and Hilary appear to be in good shape.  That's quite the luck surviving a plane crash.

Yeah Dylan is such a sap, he is so easy to get riled up.  I did like it when Avery got punched in the nose.

• Love 4

Over on the main thread miamama suggests Jack was bewitched by a dose of Hex that Kelly had, thanks to Pricktor.  Thank goodness.  I was very upset that Jack had lost his mind.  However, I would think that if he was enticed by the bewitching scent, wouldn't he still feel all lovey dovey with her afterwards?  Because a scent that makes a man want to fuck you, and then toss you aside, doesn't sound like much of a marketing coup.

But it does explain Kelly's weird behaviour, first pushing him aside, then acting a bit hard to get.  And not being overly upset at the way she was treated afterwards.

I was actually thinking that Jack screwed Kelly, knowing she would tell Philly, thus sending Philly over the edge to BSC'dom.

• Love 3

So apparently the GCAC shut down for Valentine's Day? Cane, Lilly and Devon are on a plane (or not as it turns out) and Kelly is slumming it at the Underground. Hardly a plausible S/L.

Also not plausible that Fen would spike punch with some unknown drug. Didn't the guy not that long ago beat a murder wrap, then turned his life around and is going to law school? Even Fen would not be that stupid. And how did the stalker-Austin killer know that was going to happen? Talk about far fetched. Oh, and Kevin is a fiction fan writer of apparently some repute (even if it is online)? That reveal is more of a reach that the chipmunk caper.

Apparently Jack was a victim of his own fragrance Hex and was unable to stop himself from taking Kelly in some random back room. Though it apparently has a short shelf life as he tossed her aside PDQ. Seems to be more like Viagra apparently.

Also unbelievable that Cane would be the only person searching for Lilly. Her own father said she was the only innocent one in the whole Hevon debacle, but here he is acting like he is still blind and not lifting a finger to find his beloved daughter. But rather comforting his skank of a wife. He might as well have stayed blind.

I thought it was Joe who decked Avery. I replayed it a few times and it sure looked like Joe's arm to me. I did love Nikki telling Avery that Joe is the type who will tell her what she wants to hear but not be truthful. When oh when will Nikki take her own advice and dump Victor?

All in all an action packed epi, even if much of it was totally unbelievable. Even for a soap. Even for this soap.

Edited to add - Bannana, I think we posted at the same time. Hilarious that we had the same observations about the Jack/Kelly hook up!

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5

I could not believe Jack boinked Kelly.  I thought he was trying to set her up to reveal the truth.

Hilary appears to be paralyzed, and may bleed to death.  Lily must have landed in a tree cause no one can find her.  Neil's briefcase contained mementoes, not a bomb.

1. That's what I'm counting on. Jack may not have meant to push Kelly, but I believe that in the days to come she's going to be overly-confident and start to make some serious mistakes.

2. LMAO. If we were in the old days, I'd think that we'd find her sometime next week with a case of amnesia.  And I wasn't too surprised about Neil's briefcase. I just wish he had the chance to make Hevon suffer for a longer period of time.

Also unbelievable that Cane would be the only person searching for Lilly. Her own father said she was the only innocent one in the whole Hevon debacle, but here he is acting like he is still blind and not lifting a finger to find his beloved daughter. But rather comforting his skank of a wife. He might as well have stayed blind.

I thought it was Joe who decked Avery. I replayed it a few times and it sure looked like Joe's arm to me. I did love Nikki telling Avery that Joe is the type who will tell her what she wants to hear but not be truthful. When oh when will Nikki take her own advice and dump Victor?

As I watched today, I felt nothing for Hilary. Spoilers made it seem as though the plane crash will change everyone's lives. Right now, I'm wondering how.

Also, your comment on who hit Avery almost made me want to do a re-watch. I guess TPTB figure there's more benefit to them having Dylan brood while Joe chats up Avery. 

Edited by C76
  • Love 3
Over on the main thread miamama suggests Jack was bewitched by a dose of Hex that Kelly had, thanks to Pricktor.  Thank goodness.  I was very upset that Jack had lost his mind.  However, I would think that if he was enticed by the bewitching scent, wouldn't he still feel all lovey dovey with her afterwards?  Because a scent that makes a man want to fuck you, and then toss you aside, doesn't sound like much of a marketing coup.

But it does explain Kelly's weird behaviour, first pushing him aside, then acting a bit hard to get.  And not being overly upset at the way she was treated afterwards.

I was actually thinking that Jack screwed Kelly, knowing she would tell Philly, thus sending Philly over the edge to BSC'dom.

I think screwing Kelly would not only send Phyllis completely over the edge, it would totally destroy his relationship with Phyllis. So I doubt he'd do that. Otherwise it would be the most likely scenario. As it is I think a doppleganger would be more likely. lol.

Jack was very robo-Jack. He just kind of homed in on Kelly and fucked her and then was done with her. When she wanted to know "what changed? Why" He said he just wanted her. It was completely out of character. He is generally very kind with women. Plus he said repeatedly lately that even being friendly with Kelly was giving her the wrong idea. So no matter how hurt he was about Phyllis he wouldn't bang Kelly (20 feet from Phyllis no less). I also think that Ashley witnessing seals the deal -- this was Hex or or whatever they're calling the Rape Perfume. (I'm guessing Ashley will ask Jack what the hell happened and figure it out.)

Plus what was Kelly doing there? She just wandered in? Obviously Victor texted her when he saw Jack there and an opportunity. 

I'm expecting Jack to be confused about what the hell he did with Kelly in tomorrow's episode. 

There has been a spoiler that

Victor finds out a secret about Jack that he uses to destroy him once and for all. I was wondering what it was. Not likely Adam because Victor would focus on Adam in that case. So this is it. The "secret" Victor will use. Jack is screwed. Kelly has this on him now and soon so will Victor. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 4

Good points, all around.  However, I think this Hai Karate for women scent needs some work, if the guy just wants to fuck you and then toss you aside.  Isn't that what a lot of men already do?

Yes, Pricktor being behind this, and Kelly being complicit makes sense.

I still think Kelly killed Delia.  I feel if I write it enough times, it may come true.

So, since Ashley witnessed this, she is obvi going to be the one to figure it out.  Why can't she be CEO--at this point she seems much more capable than Jackie?

• Love 4

Victor gets one over on Jack? Hot damn! God, it's been what, five minutes since the last time? 'Fess up, people. Who forgot to give karma Victor's address? How gross to have a cheap quickie facilitated by Kelly and Victor and a roofie. I hope Ashley is ready to pull some all-nighters in her lab; she needs to develop an ultra-powerful soap capable of disinfecting Jack. Nothing can wash Victor's cooties off of his soul, sadly.

Fen strikes me as a little disturbed.

• Love 9

Hmmmm, was it a good thing (for us) that ol' Vic stole the sexy motion lotion?

It could be Bonaventure Mk II, in that it goes to market and is a HUGE disaster, causing women to be raped, and men to father unwanted children against their will. It could cost NE zillions and zillions in lawsuits. NE would be brought to its knees, just waiting for Jabot or CI (or some other as-yet-unknown mogul) to snap it up. We can only hope. Afterwards, we can see Victor in the nursing home, pushing his walking frame towards the window where he looks forlornly at the former Newman Tower, a tear running down his crepey cheek.

• Love 6

I agree the cabin shit, drugging and murder are very contrived. And the date rape fragrance, Jack pissing away his relationship with beautiful Phyllis who he loves for BSC Smelly, and everyone including her at The Uglygrojnd instead somewhere elegant or home is super contrived.

Far Fetched City.

Ugh Jack what the fuck!

• Love 4

I think screwing Kelly would not only send Phyllis completely over the edge, it would totally destroy his relationship with Phyllis.

I hope this is the thing that ends Phack for good.. GAG Jack is a fucking pig... and I have no sympathy for him even if Vic is involved.. this is the product he wanted to make and sell.. SO fuck you Jack you PIG.

I still think Kelly killed Delia.  I feel if I write it enough times, it may come true.

I still think so too.. I really think this is the only way Adam can come out and not be thrown in jail.. if the real driver is found and I am hoping it is Smelly.

• Love 1

Note to Avery: Don't bring cupcakes to a bar fight.

I haven't watched in the better part of a year but this observation made laugh out loud. Bahahaha

I'm at home, sick with some kind of cold/virus thing so I might just check this out. I live in Canada so I can get yesterday's Canadian episode and tomorrow's US. Might be worth the double dose.

Lily in a tree? I hope so. I have no use for that character.

• Love 6