Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

Listening to the podcast Vivian is still looking for fame.  No concept that her dance performance was not up to standard her second year, her avoidance of the jump split was troubling, and her self absorption did herself in.  She did not get cut for weight.  The interview of her was painful to listen to.   I also don’t think  but she’s so happy she gained 50 pounds

time today move on Vivian 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

I hope you didn't think I was implying you thought Jennifer was a fatty!! Only Kelli's eyeballs could see that 😁 

She got even...I think she was one of the girls who laughed when that diet woman said carbonation causes cellulite LOL

Hell no. I knew you werent implying that. I just couldn't remember Jennifer (too many Jennifer) that I made up things that reminds me of who was who!!!

8 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think one of the biggest causes of weight gain for ANY of these ladies is figuring out how to manage a healthy diet on terrible schedules, plus booze.  Especially in camp, they're likely working out more than usual, which makes them hungrier, and then you're making new friends and want to go to happy hour and restaurants and allll the fun things.

DCC shorts plus alcohol bloat, I feel like it's less on weight than it is overall appearance in the shorts.  Some hide it well (Paige) and some show every extra ounce (blonde Hannah) and it just super sucks.  But the human body is kind of a jerk that way.

I really wish they spent more time on the importance of meal prep for a busy schedule and great nutrition.  There are so many good tools for this, and while we've gotten a few things about cooking lately, could be much better.

Paige? Paige Caverliera  (spelling?) and blonde Hannah? The blonde Hannah who was entering her second year the same year that Veronica was entering her fourth and Kelli yanked them both into the office and had a talk about their weight? But we all know that Veronica wasn't going to get cut because her face and body was all over Nike as their "face" of that year and Kelli wouldn't want to go ring them up telling them to physically "remove" the "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader" from her face because she had to "cut her"? That Hannah in that year?

6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

You mean the same Lauren who posted pics of herself in a bikini while she was "helping" during the photo shoot?

Did we ever find out the actual "official reason" why Lauren went to the calendar shoot but was never shot in the bikini for the DCC but would allow friends to take pics of her in bikini?

I wonder when the Broncos will announce their Pro Bowl for this year. I will LAUGH if when they announce it, they announce Lilly as their pro bowl this year

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Listening to the podcast Vivian is still looking for fame.  No concept that her dance performance was not up to standard her second year, her avoidance of the jump split was troubling, and her self absorption did herself in.  She did not get cut for weight.  The interview of her was painful to listen to.   I also don’t think  but she’s so happy she gained 50 pounds

Vivian  https://www.facebook.com/USACHEERLEADERS/photos/a.10150646422374111/10159566762039111

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

You mean the same Lauren who posted pics of herself in a bikini while she was "helping" during the photo shoot?

yes!!  I just loved Lauren.....she is the subject of one of my favorite ever DCC pics:

image.png.eeb5979145ccc262b2333efeed3a3177.png

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I always felt terrible for her. The "Lucid Dream" sequence looked like a producer setup. Possibly they found out her hobby was writing poetry, or they even convinced her that K&J were on the fence about cutting her.

There are always girls like Rachel Buckmaster or Kalli Fullerton who accept that DCC wasn't for them and move on. Apparently, the damage done to Vivian with her experience with training camp ran very deep. Many of the girls from the dance/cheer community stay friends. Looking at Vivian's social media, it doesn't seem that she's friends with any DCC or Mavs dancers, or even former AA Ice Angels.

I feel like her experience was so traumatic that she'd need professional help to recover. It's also possible her recent and very excessive weight gain is due to an emotional problem.

It's fair to keep in mind that there are girls who never get over DCC. There's girls who cheered years ago who continually post pictures of themselves on the sidelines. Girls who cheered for a year or two a decade ago still have their DCC headshot as their social media profile.

• Love 7
On 1/1/2022 at 1:08 PM, Route66 said:

I find it super weird that she cheered for the Patriots, was a PBC for the Patriots, and currently works for the Patriots, and still uses her DCC headshot on her IG. She only cheered like two games for DCC.

To this day, I refuse to believe the stories about her departure. One was that her mother in law got sick. The other being about a toxic atmosphere where she didn’t want to take part in. 
We’re talking about a professional and seasoned cheerleader, with life experience here. Not an 18-year-old who only just graduated and knew nothing from the outside world.

Her mother in law becomes seriously ill and of all family members who lived close by, her daughter in law from Texas had to come and take care of that? Doesn’t make sense. A toxic atmosphere? I’m sure most squads have certain dancers like that. And she, a former captain couldn’t handle it? Not buying it. Not to mention a professional dancer and former captain of a big squad doing something unprofessional like pulling out within weeks! She had a big reputation to maintain.

So, I’m inclined to believe they managed to cover up something fishy, which is why she left. Very few cheerleaders have left during the season over the years and I doubt anyone did it before the actual start of the season.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

To this day, I refuse to believe the stories about her departure. One was that her mother in law got sick. The other being about a toxic atmosphere where she didn’t want to take part in. 

Yeah, both of these have always felt like bs, especially the family one. Something big had to have happened for her to give up being on the ~most prestigious~ NFL cheerleading squad, especially after all the work she put into getting there. 

She could've just gotten there and saw that it wasn't all it cracked up to be, but even then, why leave so ABRUPTLY? You couldn't even make it to the actual season? Didn't do, like, one or two performances? It's so freaking bizarre. 

What I find most weird about it is that she still has a picture of her as a DCC as her Insta profile picture lol

Edited by vanillagum
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I think Lauren didn’t have difficulty wearing a bikini but didn’t want to be in a sexualized pose where people would be buying it which she felt might compromise her role & relationship as a nurse.

As to the former Patriot cheerleader, I thought it was fishy from the start, perhaps a ploy to get a job with Patriots if they saw they might lose her to DCC.  Anyways she had just bought a house with fiancé which they were fixing up in ? Boston.  I didn’t think she would stay but didn’t think she would leave so quickly. Maybe she just wanted to steal any ideas on running the cheerleaders to take back to the east coast.  For all we know, this could have been a grand scheme starting with the Patriots.

Edited by cherryblossom
Added info
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Her mother in law becomes seriously ill and of all family members who lived close by, her daughter in law from Texas had to come and take care of that?

And she wasn't even her mother in law at that point, she had just gotten engaged either during or right after TC and didn't get married until several months later.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

She came back even thinner, and then was shamed for hyper fixating on her appearance (which, as a DCC, you can't help but do in order to look how they want, but you have to hide it and pretend it's effortless to be a Barbie doll). I mean, if someone called my legs drumsticks on national television, I would be constantly checking on myself, too.

I have curly hair that's more frizzy than curly (and is huge and generally horrible). Then I got my hair cut at a new place in Philadelphia & the woman offered to do a blowout. Damn straight I looked at myself in every storefront!! 

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

We’re talking about a professional and seasoned cheerleader, with life experience here. Not an 18-year-old who only just graduated and knew nothing from the outside world.

Her mother in law becomes seriously ill and of all family members who lived close by, her daughter in law from Texas had to come and take care of that? Doesn’t make sense. A toxic atmosphere? I’m sure most squads have certain dancers like that. And she, a former captain couldn’t handle it? Not buying it. Not to mention a professional dancer and former captain of a big squad doing something unprofessional like pulling out within weeks! She had a big reputation to maintain.

So, I’m inclined to believe they managed to cover up something fishy, which is why she left. Very few cheerleaders have left during the season over the years and I doubt anyone did it before the actual start of the season.

With all due respect I find it amusing that Alexandria takes up so much space in peoples heads. I don't know anything more than what i've read here but I totally believe she couldn't deal with the not so sisterly sometimes toxic sisterhood and realized she didn't need to deal with it as she already had a shining NFL cheer career including pro bowl. I don't know why people don't think someone could gasp leave the DCC. She tried out, made it and decided it wasn't for her. It's not that big of a deal. She wouldn't have known that if she didn't try so pease don't say she took someones spot. Plus she's a northeast gal maybe the southern scene wasn't for her it surely would drive me crazy all that yes ma'am, bible talk. This is not a dig at you it just surprises me every time her name comes up bc it comes up a lot... 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

For all we know, this could have been a grand scheme starting with the Patriots.

As a Bostonian I have to laugh at this the Patriots really are the most hated team and some of the nonsense I hear and now the cheerleaders are stealing DCC ideas i know you weren't being serious but it is highly unlikely their now deceased choreographer sent her to Texas to steal secrets. The Patriots cheerleaders are just fine and I doubt Alexandria was trying to get a job back with the Pats cheerleaders and used DCC for that. While the DCC is a HUGE deal in Texas i'm going out on a limb but I"ll say most people don't care about them as much as we do. Also the Patriots cheerleaders have been having the time of their lives going to how many superbowls? Now, not so much though... 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Ehh I feel like her name comes up about as much as any other girl lol. 

Probably but it also comes up on Reddit A LOT like people are just stunned that she left. Who cares, have we not all tried things and decided eh not for me... 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, TB12 said:

don't know anything more than what i've read here but I totally believe she couldn't deal with the not so sisterly sometimes toxic sisterhood and realized she didn't need to deal with it as she already had a shining NFL cheer career including pro bowl. I don't know why people don't think someone could gasp leave the DCC. She tried out, made it and decided it wasn't for her. It's not that big of a deal.

Normally, I would agree with you, like if it had been a quick job interview followed by probationary period. Lots of people then resign because the company culture or work isn’t a good fit. But she had weeks of intense training in camp amongst all team members. If that doesn’t give you a good idea of who you surround yourself with, what does? Moreover, her participation wasn’t anonymous but filmed. If it was an easy way out, why go through it all and then back out which is something very few cheerleaders do in any team once they make it.

Another possibility that struck me when reading your post, was that it must have been too hard/unpleasant to be dangling at the bottom of the team. She used to lead, used to choreograph, was a pro bowl cheerleader and suddenly you’re just a rookie that needs to shut up, learn the dances an earn her stripes before anyone is going to take her seriously in DCCland. And Kelli picked on her frequently, she didn’t seem overly impressed with what Alexandria could do.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Normally, I would agree with you, like if it had been a quick job interview followed by probationary period. Lots of people then resign because the company culture or work isn’t a good fit. But she had weeks of intense training in camp amongst all team members. If that doesn’t give you a good idea of who you surround yourself with, what does? Moreover, her participation wasn’t anonymous but filmed. If it was an easy way out, why go through it all and then back out which is something very few cheerleaders do in any team once they make it.

Another possibility that struck me when reading your post, was that it must have been too hard/unpleasant to be dangling at the bottom of the team. She used to lead, used to choreograph, was a pro bowl cheerleader and suddenly you’re just a rookie that needs to shut up, learn the dances an earn her stripes before anyone is going to take her seriously in DCCland. And Kelli picked on her frequently, she didn’t seem overly impressed with what Alexandria could do.

Ohhhhh totally agree about not being top dog and being the one who wasn't overly adored especially when you were top dog thats a lot for anyone. And that is also why I think there is def behind the scenes toxicity that we don't see bc all 36 women are/were top dogs and used to being the IT girl...

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Also, how many years was she really going to stay a DCC anyway? Here she is a rookie having to start all over in Dallas, but has a fiance and house to remodel, and apparantly family issues, back in Boston. That doesn't scream longevity, and if things started going south for her, why bother staying around if she already knew she would probably be a one and done? I still think she tried out just to prove she could make it.

I am surprised K&J didn't see right through all that and cut her early on. They would have been better off picking their risks - i.e. Kalyssa, and then going with one of the other TCCs they cut: Taryn, Erin, Madeline M., and Brennan. All but Taryn have now proved they would be a solid DCC and teammate.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Also, how many years was she really going to stay a DCC anyway? Here she is a rookie having to start all over in Dallas, but has a fiance and house to remodel, and apparantly family issues, back in Boston. That doesn't scream longevity, and if things started going south for her, why bother staying around if she already knew she would probably be a one and done? I still think she tried out just to prove she could make it.

I am surprised K&J didn't see right through all that and cut her early on. They would have been better off picking their risks - i.e. Kalyssa, and then going with one of the other TCCs they cut: Taryn, Erin, Madeline M., and Brennan. All but Taryn have now proved they would be a solid DCC and teammate.

I also agree with you on wanting to see if she could make it... I freaking loved Taryn so much!!! I thought she was just the prettiest and prob would've been such a great teammate, going off what I saw of her. I was so bummed when they cut her... 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Probably but it also comes up on Reddit A LOT like people are just stunned that she left. Who cares, have we not all tried things and decided eh not for me... 

I see. I'm not on reddit so I don't know. But I do agree that it's okay to quit something if it's not what you expected and all.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I see. I'm not on reddit so I don't know. But I do agree that it's okay to quit something if it's not what you expected and all.

You’re not missing anything on Reddit trust me it’s the land of sunshine & rainbows if you dare state your honest opinion you get downvoted which means nothing. It’s a rabid bunch that live so deeply in Kelli’s fantasy, not all but a lot… I prefer it here I’m on Reddit not for DCC specifically…

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

You have to think that at some point during the ~ 2.5 months of training camp, she'd have realized it wasn't for her. 

She gets talked about because in 16 seasons, nobody has just quit after one preseason game. We see girls quit jobs, move to another country, try out multiple times, and spend years attending prep classes just to make the squad. It's unusual to see girls quit.

• Love 5

I do find it strange that Alexandria still has a profile pic of her in a DCC uniform. She could be greatly proud of her accomplishment of making the DCC and that's why she choose to still have it posted.

She came from another NFL team and I don't know what the culture and politics of that team were like while she was there. Trying to think back, wasn't that the training camp where everything happened with Erica, Jenna and Holly?  I could only imagine that she thought the DCC was prestigious and an incredible experience. Unfortunately, she came during a training camp that was unlike any other. I don't think anyone would have been happy joining a team where things were changing with the cheerleaders in the NFL and other member's of the team acted very immature. She may have had enough and considering her personal life was somewhere else, she may have decided it wasn't worth it to stay a DCC.

That season also saw Milan and Kalyssa leave the season early, so I can't imagine that everything was all sunshine behind the scenes in DCC land.

• Love 4

I believe Alexandria tried out for DCC to see if she could make it and to move across the country from the boyfriend.............he then put a ring on it and I knew she would be gone.  It would have to be hard to go from the queen bee to a rookie.  I do blame her for not figuring out during the 2 months of training camp that DCC was not for her.  She did take someone's spot.  I also think DCC has a different glamour or look than she was used to.  I always wished they had made her a chocolate brunette rather than the frosted hair she had.  

As to Vivian, I loved her during her first season and rooted for her.   Her second training camp she had bought in to her own press and her fans etc. Remember the guy talking to them about social media and she was talking about her hundreds/thousands of friends.  She also was shocked she did not get the fan vote.  (Vivian should not play poker-her face dropped when they announced Lauren.). She thought she was walking on the team so I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who brought all of this on herself.  We all look more in the mirror if we lose weight or get a great hairstyle etc but when you are there to practice and to make the team, you are there to work.  She had already gone through a training camp so she knew her "fans" were not putting her on the team but Vivian thought having these fans would put her on it.  She did not dance as well, her solo was not good,she avoided the jump splits,l etc.   Judy and Kelli gave her a big pep talk on do not let the break up get to you.  Vivian is also who chose to read the poem and her behavior afterwards showed once again she thought she had it made.   There was  go fund me to collect money for her weight journey.  Vivian would be better off making fun at herself over the poem and stop going on podcasts etc to talk about how they treated her.

The girls who actually made the team and lived out their dream and were DCC, I idon'thave any problem they use a DCC picture or post pics etc because that was a part of their life and an achievement they are proud of.

Vivian will continue to do things because she desparately wants to be famous and wants pity.  There are some girls I felt sorry for how their weight was handled on the show.  Vivian it was not weight why she was cut the second year and was not the only reason she was cut the first year.  They told her she was pretty and to stop looking in the mirror.I suppose my opinions are strong because Vivian was such a train wreck and did not try her last training camp.

• Love 5

Why are people still annoyed that Lauren didn’t do calendar? Even if I had a banging body, I wouldn’t want to be crawling around on all fours on the sand wearing the equivalent of two bandaids and a cork saying “pruuunnee” while some skeeve called me honey and sweetie. Obviously TPTB had zero issue with it. Seems to me she made the right choice. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 14

It would have to be hard to go from the queen bee to a rookie.  I do blame her for not figuring out during the 2 months of training camp that DCC was not for her.  She did take someone's spot.  I also think DCC has a different glamour or look than she was used to.

This! Like I said, she wasn't an unexperienced teen right out of high school who had no clue as to what she signed up for. She was an experienced professional cheerleader and could (should!!)  have left during camp and leave her spot to others who desperately wanted it.

It is interesting though that Milan and Kalyssa also left before the season ended. Hardly ever 1 leaves, let alone 3. Could it be that everything changed after the Holly, Erica and Jenna debacle? That they went from a fairly lenient to iron first-type of management and had a zero tolerance policy for everything just to make sure it didn't happen again? And that this completely put off some girls?

Kelli always goes on about zero tolerance on missing practise or game day (Which btw I think you cannot enforce as zero tolerance, there are numerous reasons that would warrant missing it) What if someone, say Alexandria, asked for  a few days off to visit her sick relative and was flat out told "No" on more than one occasion? If that were the case, then I might possibly be a bit more lenient towards her. But that still leaves the big elephant in the room "but you knew what you signed up for..."

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Kaylessa left to work on her internet modeling.  mmmmm. wearing not a lot of clothes on the internet and then I've heard some sugar daddy stuff.  Kaylessa was an incredible dancer but wanted something different.  I stopped following her on instagram because her pictures became more and more naked.

Milan's excuse was allegedly school for international semester but she left during a semester at home.  I listened to her podcast and thought she came across as an entitled brat.  Many people applaud Milan for spilling tea but having worked in corporate America and government her complaints were of a spoiled child who thought she was all that.  Milan had rich parents and was next door cute but went to a small private school in which I believe she was homecoming queen.  She complained you could not just meet with K and J that you had to go through a group leader.  Most organizations expect you to go through a chain of command.  Too bad.  She complained that she was one of the best dancers (I beg to differ) and should have been in the triangle and rookies were ahead of her.  Only one rookie Gina was ahead of Milan and Gina can dance circles around her.  The triangle that year was Jenna, Kashara, Lacey.  Hmmm. all better than Milan.  Milan complained about the mean girls and yelling at her and not complimenting her.  That comes from the rah rah generation in which everyone makes the team, kids get trophies for 12th place, etc.  When I grew up, you learned that you do not always make the team, homecoming court, etc.  Her group leaders her first year were Jenna and Jinelle.  I can see Jenna being a mean girl but Jinelle??.  I thought most dance studios don't coddle you and tell it to you straight but I guess if your parents are rich enough they don't.  I also believe teaching choreography would be faster to point out mistakes than to first compliment etc.  MIlan was a good dancer I just don't think she was as dynamic as she saw herself.  She did not have the power or it factor others have.  Her makeover never helped her much.  She talked about diets and not being allowed to drink (she was underage) and that's just part of the equation on keeping one's weight down.  Most college students drink and many underage DCC probably do but in a way K and J won't hear about it and it doesn't put weight on them.   In the end, I felt she was bitter that K and J did not move her up the triangle as much as she thought she should.

I always put Milan in the portion of her rookie class that underwhelmed me on their looks.  (Alle, Little Heather, Jessika, and Milan.). Milan has gone on to the Golden State Warriors. good for her.  She posts stuff about her DCC sisters etc so maybe her attitude has mellowed to the team.

The unfortunate part is these 3 took spots other people could have had.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Lexusprincess said:

Kaylessa left to work on her internet modeling.  mmmmm. wearing not a lot of clothes on the internet and then I've heard some sugar daddy stuff.  Kaylessa was an incredible dancer but wanted something different.  I stopped following her on instagram because her pictures became more and more naked.

Milan's excuse was allegedly school for international semester but she left during a semester at home.  I listened to her podcast and thought she came across as an entitled brat.  Many people applaud Milan for spilling tea but having worked in corporate America and government her complaints were of a spoiled child who thought she was all that.  Milan had rich parents and was next door cute but went to a small private school in which I believe she was homecoming queen.  She complained you could not just meet with K and J that you had to go through a group leader.  Most organizations expect you to go through a chain of command.  Too bad.  She complained that she was one of the best dancers (I beg to differ) and should have been in the triangle and rookies were ahead of her.  Only one rookie Gina was ahead of Milan and Gina can dance circles around her.  The triangle that year was Jenna, Kashara, Lacey.  Hmmm. all better than Milan.  Milan complained about the mean girls and yelling at her and not complimenting her.  That comes from the rah rah generation in which everyone makes the team, kids get trophies for 12th place, etc.  When I grew up, you learned that you do not always make the team, homecoming court, etc.  Her group leaders her first year were Jenna and Jinelle.  I can see Jenna being a mean girl but Jinelle??.  I thought most dance studios don't coddle you and tell it to you straight but I guess if your parents are rich enough they don't.  I also believe teaching choreography would be faster to point out mistakes than to first compliment etc.  MIlan was a good dancer I just don't think she was as dynamic as she saw herself.  She did not have the power or it factor others have.  Her makeover never helped her much.  She talked about diets and not being allowed to drink (she was underage) and that's just part of the equation on keeping one's weight down.  Most college students drink and many underage DCC probably do but in a way K and J won't hear about it and it doesn't put weight on them.   In the end, I felt she was bitter that K and J did not move her up the triangle as much as she thought she should.

I always put Milan in the portion of her rookie class that underwhelmed me on their looks.  (Alle, Little Heather, Jessika, and Milan.). Milan has gone on to the Golden State Warriors. good for her.  She posts stuff about her DCC sisters etc so maybe her attitude has mellowed to the team.

The unfortunate part is these 3 took spots other people could have had.

💯 agree. Milan could not process being outdanced, outranked, out looked? etc and she split. Prob first time in her life being lower end of the pack and she could not comprehend it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

💯 agree. Milan could not process being outdanced, outranked, out looked? etc and she split. Prob first time in her life being lower end of the pack and she could not comprehend it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of girls come in thinking they're all that and a bag of chips only to find out that they have to start at the bottom and work their way up.  Very few girls are so exceptional that they get special treatment and that STILL goes to some of their heads.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the reason Holly P had such issues her last year as she was at least partially treated as the STAR and the rest of the DCC were her backup dancers (or at least acted like it at times).  There are probably other girls like that and many of THOSE probably made up some of the girls who are one-and-done.  Either they can't adjust to being low person on the totem pole or they're not getting the treatment they think they deserve or they just can't live up to the rest of the team (ie. Kelli's favorites like Breelen, Morgan and Meredith).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4

I never noticed Milan other than that SG conversation with Kitty. As for her dancing did she have pop? She blended so much I forgot she was on the team! Kalyssa on the other hand never blended. I thought she was one of the prettiest DCC with such flirty, sparkle. The whole ‘modeling route’ & possible sugar baby makes me sad for her. I hope she’s happy. I will say I never believed her grandmother story maybe I’m a cynic but sob stories go along way in DCC land. 

• Love 6

I'm wondering if the Broncos have chosen their Pro Bowl cheerleader.  The Dolphins chose Shayla, their Captain, to go. There's a post on Instagram, but I'm having technical difficulties getting it linked here.

Update: The Broncos DID choose their Pro Bowl rep and it isn't Lily as many of us had hoped.  It was someone names Katherine.

The Seahawks also chose Kiana, a 6th year and squad leader, as their Pro Bowl Rep.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm wondering if the Broncos have chosen their Pro Bowl cheerleader.  The Dolphins chose Shayla, their Captain, to go. There's a post on Instagram, but I'm having technical difficulties getting it linked here.

Update: The Broncos DID choose their Pro Bowl rep and it isn't Lily as many of us had hoped.  It was someone names Katherine.

The Seahawks also chose Kiana, a 6th year and squad leader, as their Pro Bowl Rep.

Raiderettes chose shaniah Texans chose shakiia 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1

Milan's excuse was allegedly school for international semester but she left during a semester at home.  I listened to her podcast and thought she came across as an entitled brat.  Many people applaud Milan for spilling tea but having worked in corporate America and government her complaints were of a spoiled child who thought she was all that.  Milan had rich parents and was next door cute but went to a small private school in which I believe she was homecoming queen.  She complained you could not just meet with K and J that you had to go through a group leader.  Most organizations expect you to go through a chain of command.  Too bad.  She complained that she was one of the best dancers (I beg to differ) and should have been in the triangle and rookies were ahead of her.  Only one rookie Gina was ahead of Milan and Gina can dance circles around her.  The triangle that year was Jenna, Kashara, Lacey.  Hmmm. all better than Milan.  Milan complained about the mean girls and yelling at her and not complimenting her.  That comes from the rah rah generation in which everyone makes the team, kids get trophies for 12th place, etc.  When I grew up, you learned that you do not always make the team, homecoming court, etc.

100% spot on with Milan . I thought the same thing and never thought she was even attractive nor exceptional in dance . Not at all . Daddy’s little princess just didn’t get her way and pitched a fit . 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

While I can see that people out here had hopes for Lily, we have to be reasonable as well. What did Lily do that warrants becoming ProBowl cheerleader for the Broncos? She’s just a rookie at her new team who happened to have been treated really badly by Kelli on national tv…  ProBowl cheerleaders are almost always the captains or long serving vets.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

While I can see that people out here had hopes for Lily, we have to be reasonable as well. What did Lily do that warrants becoming ProBowl cheerleader for the Broncos? She’s just a rookie at her new team who happened to have been treated really badly by Kelli on national tv…  ProBowl cheerleaders are almost always the captains or long serving vets.

I can see that, and most people understand that as well.  While they wouldn't necessarily know of the issues Lily had with the DCC, how she was treated, or how she was portrayed on the show, it could be seen as an FU to Kelli and Judy, something along the lines of "We love and respect her enough to treat her right."  However, I can also see how getting Pro Bowl like that would be a bit tainted.  If she thought she only got it because people felt sorry for her, it would feel like she didn't earn it on her own merits.

I do agree that most of the Pro Bowl reps are the more senior performers on the teams who have proven themselves as both performers and leaders.  The only one I can remember getting it was Patriot's Alexandria's little sister who, IIRC, got it when she was either a rookie or 2nd year performer.  I could be wrong though or there could be others.

• Love 3
On 1/8/2022 at 10:29 PM, StellaCL said:

No-one seems to have mentioned the contract they all sign in May that runs through to the following May. I don't know much about what it contains but surely leaving so quickly after TC must have been a breach of contract in some way. If this was not an issue then it would seem to indicate some sort of mutual acceptance by TPTB or that the contract is pointless.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Have we talked about Sasha's daughter? Decent technique, kicks, power, looks - look at all her insta posts. If this girl wants to be a legacy, they'd be blind and stupid to not take her. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0lndMDAkmu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV-6kE6LWRL/

Oooh, great kicks!!  And I am loving the size diversity I'm seeing in those pics...they look like they're having so much fun too.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Oooh, great kicks!!  And I am loving the size diversity I'm seeing in those pics...they look like they're having so much fun too.

She looks so much like Sasha with that smile that makes you want to get up and dance, too. Here's your next Nicole Hamilton, if she wants to be a DCC.

Also trying to find links to Whitney Ott's daughter Scout who was the toddler on the 2 hr special. She's 18ish now, definitely has dance/performance skill like her Mama, not sure about her look but they can work with that LOL. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

While they wouldn't necessarily know of the issues Lily had with the DCC, how she was treated, or how she was portrayed on the show, it could be seen as an FU to Kelli and Judy, something along the lines of "We love and respect her enough to treat her right."  However, I can also see how getting Pro Bowl like that would be a bit tainted. 

True, but I doubt Kelli cares about it at all. She has no problems with thrashing the best dancers and captains from other NFL teams. Or downplaying other dance teams that are absolutely amazing at what they do. In Kelli's mind, nothing equals DCC and she'd probably have viewed Lily as probowl with contempt as in  Is that the best you have to offer?  Kelli is still living the dream of being director of the best of the best of the best America has to offer in terms of dance teams.

And while I still love to watch DCC, there's no denial that quite a few cheerleader squads have made huge steps forward over the past 10 years whereas the DCC are stuck in time with the same dances and music as 10 years ago and only very slowly and reluctantly move away from the very un-diverse Texan blonde squad they so cherish. 

I hope Lily (and Hannah!) continue to thrive in their new teams and make it to teamleaders and captains eventually.  That would be perfect for their self-esteem and revenge for the way they were treated.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

True, but I doubt Kelli cares about it at all. She has no problems with thrashing the best dancers and captains from other NFL teams. Or downplaying other dance teams that are absolutely amazing at what they do. In Kelli's mind, nothing equals DCC and she'd probably have viewed Lily as probowl with contempt as in  Is that the best you have to offer?  Kelli is still living the dream of being director of the best of the best of the best America has to offer in terms of dance teams.

And while I still love to watch DCC, there's no denial that quite a few cheerleader squads have made huge steps forward over the past 10 years whereas the DCC are stuck in time with the same dances and music as 10 years ago and only very slowly and reluctantly move away from the very un-diverse Texan blonde squad they so cherish. 

I hope Lily (and Hannah!) continue to thrive in their new teams and make it to teamleaders and captains eventually.  That would be perfect for their self-esteem and revenge for the way they were treated.

I don’t think Lily went to another team as a revenge thing I think she loves dancing 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I do agree that most of the Pro Bowl reps are the more senior performers on the teams who have proven themselves as both performers and leaders.  The only one I can remember getting it was Patriot's Alexandria's little sister who, IIRC, got it when she was either a rookie or 2nd year performer.  I could be wrong though or there could be others.

Alexandria's sister, Victoria was PBC in her rookie year.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

The Pats send rookies so the vets are available for Super Bowl prep/events (or at least they used to). 

Yeah sadly we (the Pats) aren’t  going to SB anytime soon!

On another note Lily is the Broncos cheerleader of the week this week!

Edited by TB12
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Have we talked about Sasha's daughter? Decent technique, kicks, power, looks - look at all her insta posts. If this girl wants to be a legacy, they'd be blind and stupid to not take her. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0lndMDAkmu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV-6kE6LWRL/

Thanks for the links; I've been meaning to follow her. I'm keeping alllll of my fingers crossed that she tries out one day!

• Love 2