Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E25: New G's Meet the Old G's

druzy
  • Start Topic

52 minutes ago, kicksave said:

stol seems to be exploiting Dakota's personal demons for a storyline. Her whining and faux crying is nauseating.

I’m sorry, but Dakota is a dick head. My ex was in a hum vee explosion in Iraq where he was one of two that survived. It gets to a point where EVERYTHING can’t be PTSD. Sometimes it’s an asshole, who went to war, and now had PTSD and while we respect and honor that, he can’t use it to mask the fact that maybe he’s just an Asshole WITH PTSD. 

Bristol is annoying but Dakota is an entitled dick and she’s not using it, he’s using his PTSD for a storyline and some fame. Someone with severe PTSD doesn’t sign up for teen mom. Sorry. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Coming from the same chic that drank throughout her pregnancies and is nicknamed Saint MACI OF Budlight. I’m handing out eye rolls, anyone want one??? You get an eye roll, I get an eye roll WE ALL get eye rolls!!!! Fu Maci!

I love you @Calm81.  St. Maci of Bud Light is giving herself high-fives for being a martyr with Rhine's addiction....but really what she hasn't realized/admitted yet is she's just a high-functioning addict/alcoholic, while Rhine is just an addict. Eventually, addiction catches up even with high-functioning addicts...it can just take decades for many. (Source: Have a high-functioning addict in my family who has thankfully been sober for several years.)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, KittyKat133 said:

I’m sorry, but Dakota is a dick head. My ex was in a hum vee explosion in Iraq where he was one of two that survived. It gets to a point where EVERYTHING can’t be PTSD. Sometimes it’s an asshole, who went to war, and now had PTSD and while we respect and honor that, he can’t use it to mask the fact that maybe he’s just an Asshole WITH PTSD. 

Bristol is annoying but Dakota is an entitled dick and she’s not using it, he’s using his PTSD for a storyline and some fame. Someone with severe PTSD doesn’t sign up for teen mom. Sorry. 

Yup. I kind of view like I do with addiction. I'm not going to write every addict's shitty behavior off on their drug/alcohol use. Some addicts are good people who have fallen into a horrible habit, but others were complete shitheads before and will still be complete shitheads if they get clean. 

I feel for what Dakota went through, but he cannot use that as an excuse for EVERYTHING. It's unfair. And he seems even more thirsty for air time than Bristol, IMO. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Talky Tina said:

Ouch. I'm 51 and my work still looks really good. It depends on how well the work was done and how well it was cared for afterwards. I see absolutely nothing wrong with us old gross 50 year olds having tattoos.  

I bet you look awesome! Tattoos can definitely age well if you put the consideration in who does it in the first place and to taking care of it afterward. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I bet you look awesome! Tattoos can definitely age well if you put the consideration in who does it in the first place and to taking care of it afterward. 

I agree.  I think the problem is really that the ink doesn't look that great now.  How good a tattoo is or isn't is just a matter of personal opinion, of course, but I just think Maci has overall bad tattoos.  The quality of Kail's work is superior, I think, and will hold up better over time than Maci's will.  Not accounting for possible cycles of inflation and deflation to her skin over the years, that is. 

As an aside, it just baffles me when I see people on social media groups looking for a place to get a 'cheap' tattoo.  When you get a cheap tattoo, then you get a cheap tattoo.  This is an area where you go for the best quality possible, folks. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 11

Or when people get tattoos like on a special day that the artist is doing 50 other people in a day, Friday the 13th tattoos, or tattoo parties. I don't want to get a tattoo at a tattoo party for 5 bucks while the artist has tattooed 20 people before me. Uh no thanks 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I feel for what Dakota went through, but he cannot use that as an excuse for EVERYTHING. It's unfair. And he seems even more thirsty for air time than Bristol, IMO. 

I feel for him too, just like I felt for my ex husband. But I also feel for Bristol not being able to deal with it anymore. Dakota is trying so hard to prove that he’s the victim in all this. He’s dropping the PTSD bomb in every single scene he’s in. Oh and he’s def a fame whore. It almost seems like he calls the producers to get his own single scenes. Like the baseball game. He and Bristol were done and he had a whole scene, where OF COURSE he was being honored and adored by a stadium of people and then gives a very phony and rehearsed (IMO) speech to his friend. Like puhhhleeesssseee bruh! We get it dude! You’re a hero. Shove it down our throats a little more. Could you imagine living with that? That’s why I feel for Bristol. Oh and now he’s trying to steal her money which I totally believe he is and he’s trying to act like a pious jerk about it. I hate men that take money from the mother of their children in most cases (Gary is an exception of course). 

• Love 6

@druzy posted this on the Maci thread but I assume that the thread doesn’t get much traffic so I’m reposting it here.

This is disgusting and needs to be seen by the MTV executives, advertisers and viewers to get him off the show or cancel the show altogether. ?

“These are disgusting, racist, homophobic and gross tweets that Taylor posted in 2011 and 2012  

https://imgur.com/a/gRBAB5Q

There's more. I'm sure they will be deleted tomorrow.”

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 10
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:11 PM, Emmierose said:

Catelynn would REALLY benefit from a breast reduction.  Her boobs are not attractive at all and in fact they looked squished and weird (along with huge) in that white dress and bad bra.  She would also look a lot thinner if she had a reduction. 

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:06 AM, bounnatalie said:

Additionally, Cate needs to get those breasts reduced at some point. Mine were at least 2.5 x smaller, and my doctor said, "do it now or you'll have trouble with your back in 10 years." I had them done, it changed my life. People looked at me in the eye first, and I could wear clothes like everyone else, not the ones that tent off you. And honestly, not being down on myself for my appearance (looking like an old lady in mumus) made my mental health a lot better!

I agree.  I was a 36DDD and at 5'2", I was so top heavy.  I got a reduction (Air Force paid for it) to a C.  Only problem was it was before having kids.  Now after 2 kids and the 50lbs more I weigh from 20 years ago, I'm back up to a DDD.  But Cait is still young, she really should look into it.  I know Kail was mentioning also wanting to have it done.   

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Not to mention , they are getting PAID to share personal parts of their lives . Isn't that what their paychecks are for ?  I really think these girls ( teen mom 2 included ) think they're being nice by filming their personal lives and think what we want to watch is them going to the mall . They always refuse to film or walk off stage or tell their bosses that they're not filming this and that  . What do they not get that this is their only JOB?? They bring entitled to a whole new level . 

And my boss does not ask me if it's ok to hire someone else nor is it my business to ask who he's hiring and if I'll be able to trust the person . He can hire whoever he wants and doesn't have to give me a heads up . Not sure why they think they're owed anything and really not sure why the producers never put them in their place . 

This.  You said it.  This is what made you rich you stupid fucks.  

21 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

I agree.  As a former Air Force spouse of 15 years and working on base for a good chunk of my adult years, I'm sensitive to what the military go through.  And I don't think enough is being done for service members suffering from PTSD. But gosh Dakota is hard to watch.  He just always seems like he's complaining or is shit talking Bristol.  It's one thing to talk about the divorce and all the hardships that go with that.  But he's always shit talking her and their kids will see this one day.  And at the age Tripp is, he can easily see that.  

20 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Macis a real peach, preaching about how Rhine needs to learn how to cope without drugs or without alcohol and how he’s got no coping skills.

Coming from the same chic that drank throughout her pregnancies and is nicknamed Saint MACI OF Budlight. I’m handing out eye rolls, anyone want one??? You get an eye roll, I get an eye roll WE ALL get eye rolls!!!! Fu Maci!

I was watching this and saying out loud to myself, "the irony is lost on her".  As usual, she's acting like she's so above everyone and can dictate what they should do with their lives.  But she was saying, "he needs to learn to get through life without taking pills or having a drink".  YES MACI.  YOU TOO.  You couldn't even hold out on beer the 9 months of being pregnant.  Self righteous. 

Amber B had to have been having more than 5 pills a day.  I know, 5 pills a day is nothing.  Speaking of, I'm about an hour south of Austin and heard Amber and Butch got baptized at church in Austin the Sunday before last. 

Amber P, shut up.  First, don't give the age old, "I don't know what I'd do with a baby right now" excuse.  YOU HAVE A BABY!  And that conversation about being pregnant was so wishful thinking on her part.  "I'm tired, I must be pregnant.  Andrew, you knocked me up because you wanted to".  Andrew: "oh, yeah, I guess...".  "Are you crying because I'm not pregnant?  I know you want me pregnant.  I know you want me to have all your children.  You must be devastated I'm not pregnant.  I know you can't wait to get me pregnant."  Andrew, "oh yeah, I guess...". She's so damn clueless. 

• Love 11
On 13/11/2018 at 11:24 PM, TaxNerd said:

@Calm81 I am a numbers geek and always appreciate you posting the (declining) ratings each week.  Saw this on Reddit and I think you will get your prediction!

Monday 11/5/18

• Real Housewives of Orange County 9:00 PM

• 1,341,000 viewers (-0.3% from last episode)

• 0.52 18-49 demographic (+6.1% from last episode)

• No. 5 show of the night on cable

• The Voice 8:00 PM

• 9,034,000 viewers- 1.80 18-49 demographic

• No. 2 show of the night

• Manifest 10:00 PM

• 6,278,000 viewers- 1.20 18-49 demographic

• No. 3 show of the night

• 911 9:00 PM

• 5,586,000 viewers- 1.20 18-49 demographic

• No. 4 show of the night

• Love & Hip Hop Hollywood 8:00 PM

• 2,079,000 viewers- 1.07 18-49 demographic

• No. 2 show of the night on cable

• T.I. & Tiny: Family Hustle 9:00 PM

• 1,345,000 viewers- 0.66 18-49 demographic

• No. 4 show of the night on cable

Teen Mom 9:00 PM

• 843,000 viewers- 0.47 18-49 demographic

• Holiday Baking Champ 9:00 PM

• 1,319,000 viewers- 0.40 18-49 demographic

• Christmas Cookie Challenge 10:00 PM

• 982,000 viewers- 0.34 18-49 demographic

• Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant 10:00 PM

• 508,000 viewers- 0.27 18-49 demographic

• Full Frontal w/ Sam Bee 10:30 PM

• 627,000 viewers- 0.24 18-49 demographic

• Love It or List It 9:00 PM

• 1,000,000 viewers- 0.19 18-49 demographic

• House Hunters 10:00 PM

• 960,000 viewers- 0.18 18-49 demographic

The 18-49 demographic is probably saving this show’s skin. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

They gave 50/50 custody. What does he need her money from before the marriage for? 

I agree, but I know several fathers with 50/50 time who still have to pay exorbitant child support amounts.  I only know one couple who agreed the CS was stupid since they have 50/50.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Calm81 said:

@druzy posted this on the Maci thread but I assume that the thread doesn’t get much traffic so I’m reposting it here.

This is disgusting and needs to be seen by the MTV executives, advertisers and viewers to get him off the show or cancel the show altogether. ?

“These are disgusting, racist, homophobic and gross tweets that Taylor posted in 2011 and 2012  

Oh that is bad, really bad.  

• Love 7

Taylor is Maci's husband right?  What an asshole.  I hope this gets his ugly ass fired. 

Apologies expected in 5...4...3...

• Love 10
On 11/14/2018 at 3:34 PM, Talky Tina said:

Ouch. I'm 51 and my work still looks really good. It depends on how well the work was done and how well it was cared for afterwards. I see absolutely nothing wrong with us old gross 50 year olds having tattoos.  

I have tats as do my sisters over 50. The difference is my sisters have done most of their bodies in true shitty Maci style  while I have a few smaller hidden ones. The only one I regret is the arm band. Then there is the upkeep. I didn't want to re color my body every few years. It can be very expensive as well. 

WOW! WTF?! 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

They gave 50/50 custody. What does he need her money from before the marriage for? 

I am not defending Bristol or Dakota in any way, shape or form, but re: the money situation that we saw, something tells me it was honest mistake.

If Dakota was as injured on Sep 8, 2009 as severely as Wikipedia and other online sources reports suggest, there’s got to be some TBI issues as well. As we know, TBI is a bitch to deal with all in itself and also causes major deficits.

At the local community college, I’ve worked with about 8-10 male vets who suffer from TBI-related learning disabilities. Whether or not they also had PTSS, I don’t know, but I can honestly say that I was in fear for my safety at times. The violent outbursts came from out of nowhere and were terrifying. The only comparison I can use to explain my experience is that it was like dealing with a true Jekyll/Hyde personality.

My understanding was that Dakota’s accountant accidentally deposited Bristol’s “refund” (the money that she contributed to the house in Austin) into his own account instead of putting it into Bristol’s account. 

The more I think about it, given each of their winning personalities, the more I wonder how those two spent more than 10 minutes together to even conceive two kids. 

There was a great episode of “Our America with Lisa Ling” this week about dads who are on the losing side of custody battles. It was both fascinating and heartbreaking, as only Lisa Ling can do. I highly recommend trying to catch it on YouTube or in whatever fashion is available. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 7
On 11/12/2018 at 8:20 PM, druzy said:

Sure Amber

image.png.bcc8586024abfacdcbd817b4b899163d.png

image.png.25f1c78d5b790874c34b961e1d1bbcda.png

“Her” over and over again. Maybe Amber really does call Leah “boogerbutt” and “booboo” because she actually doesn’t remember her name. Also... sure, Jan. Life has taught me that any actual “good mom” doesn’t go around saying it, nor do they need to. And she has tried to sell us this lie for 10 years! 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:18 PM, FairyDusted said:

Like what? Flipping over? Doing laundry maybe in between trips? I'd love to get a look at a real day in Amber's life.

For Amber going to get the mail and grocery shopping (online and getting it delivered!) and putting it away all in one day is probably being very busy. Plus, she’s like, in the house when Andrew is taking care of James (90% of the time like I assume). She’s gone from doing nothing to a little bit of something so it probably does seem exhausting to her ass. She doesn’t live in our world.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:27 PM, ghoulina said:

And Tyler doesn't even think she's an addict? What the what what?

In a way I can understand his feeling of betrayal because she went through everything with Butch that Tyler did and he probably feels like she should “know better” than to chose that life. But, I also think he’s deluded about the role genes play in addiction if he thinks she’s just been fucking around too much and could really actively stop. I’m sure he feels like, well when can it be my turn to be the fuck up even more because of Amber’s issues. I can relate to that in my own life, it does suck to be the “responsible one” but he should realize it’s not exactly a choice Amber knowingly made for herself. He seems to accept that Butch has a disease..

On 11/12/2018 at 10:32 PM, Brooklynista said:

I had to rewatch the second showing of this episode because i literally fell into a coma listening to Maci speak. For shits sake SPIT IT OUT!!! Her halting speech pattern drives me batshit!

Oh, I wasn't literally in a coma. Just a deep nod.

And she was a fucking “professional” public speaker!

On 11/14/2018 at 10:36 AM, KittyKat133 said:

Let’s not forget, Farrah is a awful, narcissistic sociopath. While I do give her props for trying to make something of herself (I could care less if it’s sex work, I don’t look down on that) she’s still a terrible person. She probably was a bitch and very hard to deal with. 

I agree with all this but Farrah isn’t a sociopath.

It’s funny that so many of the posts are about Farrah. She’s not even on the show and is still more interesting than the rest of them. She’s horrifyingly fascinating. I’d film with her one day a year for sure..I’d love to observe her and see if she acted as we’ve seen the whole day across various situations. She might be an assface to me but, so? I’d laugh. I don’t know why the others would let her rile them. Laugh at her turns of phrase and count your $ while being accused of committing hate crimes against her for taking the last banana muffin or whatever. ? 

18 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Wow. And he even cut on single mothers. Looks like he thought he was some kind of comedian. Thanks for posting here because I never look at her thread. 

I was just watched an episode of the Jersey Shore reboot (for shame..) and Mike brought up he works for a rehab and each month they give out 3-4 scholarships for the rehab. Maybe they that’s where Amber B went lol ? 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7
On 11/14/2018 at 1:39 PM, KittyKat133 said:

First, I'm sorry for your ex and the trauma that he went through and thank him for his service. I don't know Dakota but I feel that he probably suffers from survivor's guilt along with PTSD...having said all that I do agree that it would have been best for him NOT to be on a reality show and would have been better to focus on his recovery and get the therapy and the recuperative treatments he needs to get better and be the best father he can be. His anger and resentment is toxic...he should have limited contact with Bristol since they push each others buttons. I can't say whether he's being "a dick" or not since I do not know him but he has anger issues on top of whatever else is going on and that makes for a scary guy. I do not want to minimize his demons from his war experiences and I try to have compassion for any vet that has suffered trauma no matter how it happened. Perhaps he has always been an angry dude even before going into the military...I don't know. He certainly hates Bristol...that is for sure.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:34 PM, Talky Tina said:

Okey dokey.

• Love 1

Sociopathy is a bit more nuanced than that one line dictionary definition. Watch Farrah’s 16 and Pregnant if you haven’t recently. She was like a different person and could express empathy and had actual human interactions. She’s grown into who she is now and how she portrays herself and sociopathy doesn’t work that way. Farrah is an asshole and surely has personality and other problems but she just doesn’t fit the criteria for sociopathy if you read more about the disorder, IMO. For instance, sociopaths aren’t delusional and aren’t irrational thinkers, which are key Farrah characteristics. Sociopaths are usually intelligent and are very good at charming and fooling people, at least for awhile into thinking they’re fun, great people. Farrah would never, lol. I also believe that Farrah loves Sophia, even if she doesn't have the tools or capacity to be a great parent. There’s a lot more and this is getting OT but not all assholes and rude people are sociopaths and most sociopaths are pretty good at not coming across as rude assholes allllll the time, unlike Farrah. 

Has anyone heard anything more about Gary and his quest to find his dad? I hope he’s close with his brother considering his mom sucks and he doesn’t know his dad. He’s so lucky to have made the family he has with Kristina. 

Edited by Rebecca
Grammar probz
  • Love 11
On 11/13/2018 at 9:26 PM, A-Lo said:

I had the same surgery Bounnatlaie, and it changed my life!  In the same ways it changed yours.  I finally felt "normal".  And I don't think I was anywhere near as big as Cate.

I agree about Cate' boobs, but if she has them reduced, her fat belly will be more prominent, and she'll be a round little blueberry.  If instead of rehab spa, she had gone to weight loss spa, I wonder if her boobs would have come down in size as she lost weight all over.  It may be that she just plain needs to lose weight, period.  As it is, those enormous breasts are the only things that define a shape for her.

I feel truly bad for women who want to lose weight and can't, and if Cate is in that category, I hope she'll use some of her TM juice to get help in this area before the Brinks truck from MTV pulls out of the driveway.  OTOH, if she's happy with her body as it is, then good for her and I have no complaint, either.

• Love 9

I just read that Amber has quit the show citing "hurt and pain" from being on it. Hope she has invested some of her Teen Mom money since she has no education or marketable skills to fall back on. Maybe Shrek will be able to keep her in the lifestyle she has become accustomed to.

• Love 9
On 11/15/2018 at 7:04 AM, Calm81 said:

I'm not surprised by his tweets. He seems like a redneck billy bob garden variety homophobe racist misogynist even when he isn't tweeting. Remind me again, what does he do for work? Does he work? Are they still making those cheap TTM shirts? 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

I just read that Amber has quit the show citing "hurt and pain" from being on it. Hope she has invested some of her Teen Mom money since she has no education or marketable skills to fall back on. Maybe Shrek will be able to keep her in the lifestyle she has become accustomed to.

Or she could've stayed on the show and simply gotten off social media.

• Love 11
On 11/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, kicksave said:

First, I'm sorry for your ex and the trauma that he went through and thank him for his service. I don't know Dakota but I feel that he probably suffers from survivor's guilt along with PTSD...having said all that I do agree that it would have been best for him NOT to be on a reality show and would have been better to focus on his recovery and get the therapy and the recuperative treatments he needs to get better and be the best father he can be. His anger and resentment is toxic...he should have limited contact with Bristol since they push each others buttons. I can't say whether he's being "a dick" or not since I do not know him but he has anger issues on top of whatever else is going on and that makes for a scary guy. I do not want to minimize his demons from his war experiences and I try to have compassion for any vet that has suffered trauma no matter how it happened. Perhaps he has always been an angry dude even before going into the military...I don't know. He certainly hates Bristol...that is for sure.

Okey dokey.

Thank you, yes it was very hard to live with someone in so much pain. Knowing first hand what it was like makes me believe that Dakota uses his experience for the wrong reason, 

it Doesn’t take away the fact that he is a hero and should be honored and redirected as such, however watching him talk about it doesn’t seem sincere in a lot of ways. Most PTSD victims don’t like talking about what happened over and over again. The fact that it’s in every scene leaves me a little suspect. 

So I started googling him, I’m not saying it’s true, and I still 100% respect his sacrifice but there are stories and some facts out there that strongly suggest Dakota exaggerated the events of what actually happened. Here is an article for reference 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article24757225.html

• Love 4
10 hours ago, kicksave said:

If that’s true, then she must’ve known that they were about to cancel the show and Amber Caaaaaan’t (Roxanne’s voice) have people thinking she got laid off and is desperate for cash. So she rather say “bitch please, they didn’t quit me I quit them - I have tons of money in my safe!”

• Love 13

This season of Teen Mom is kind of boring.  I don’t like the new girls/women.  The OG are not as interesting this season.  I never really liked Maci’s segments.  She drags out her words.  I like Jen and Larry.  Tired of Catelynn, but I like Tyler and his messed up family.  Amber is something else.  I enjoyed watching pretentious Amber and Matt 1.  She changes a bit to go with whatever guy she is with at the time.  New Matt is too big and too boring.  I’m not as impressed with Kristina as most people seem to be.  Her own daughter doesn’t live with her.  I especially didn’t like when Kristina was trying to get Leah to chose a mani or pedi over parasailing.  

• Love 1

Who dresses cate?  When she first appeared I thought she was in a robe but when she walked outside in that hideously-fitting garment, I realized my error in thinking.  She really does not know how to dress for her body shape or how to wear/color her hair (no pink). There’s some potential there but it’s untapped. 

• Love 7
On 11/14/2018 at 12:43 PM, kicksave said:

Maci has no story line...it all revolves around Ryan who is no longer on the show. 

This is extraordinary to me. Literally every week, Maci's main "storyline" is going, "I heard that Ryan might still be doing drugs/got arrested/went back to rehab. I have no idea what's going on with him, but I'm really worried about how it might affect Bentley. Mackenzie and Jen and Larry are such assholes that they don't provide me with detailed weekly updates, so I'm totally in the dark as to what's up with Ryan..." [then she keeps repeating essentially the same thing for several minutes]. I get that she doesn't want to focus on the details of her own life, but still.

And I'm no Rhine/Mack/J&L fan, but WTF does she want from them? She seems very put out that Rhine's caretakers don't give her regular reports (complete with piss tests) so she can keep abreast of all Rhine's activities, but-- guess what, Maci?-- Rhine hates you! He doesn't want to report to you or have you knowing all his business and (further) trash talking him. Even if he "deserves" to be judged and humiliated by you, that's probably not going to help him deal with his issues or get sober, so if you're really as awesome and together and mature as you claim to be, how about if you let go of being his parole/drug officer? How about if you ask J&L how Rhine is doing, accept their "He's fine." and just say, "Tell him I said hi and I'm sending him good thoughts." [rather than implicitly or explicitly letting them know how frustrated you are that they won't give you more information] How about refraining from trashing him (based on speculation) every. single. week. on your reality show? Obviously, Rhine is no prize as a father or a human being, but I don't see what is gained by constantly talking about him in a negative way. Bentley is old enough to watch/read this stuff (quite possibly in his living room while Maci and Tyler are chilling with beers in the hot tub while Bentley watches the little ones).

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Grits said:

This season of Teen Mom is kind of boring.  I don’t like the new girls/women.  The OG are not as interesting this season.  I never really liked Maci’s segments.  She drags out her words.  I like Jen and Larry.  Tired of Catelynn, but I like Tyler and his messed up family.  Amber is something else.  I enjoyed watching pretentious Amber and Matt 1.  She changes a bit to go with whatever guy she is with at the time.  New Matt is too big and too boring.  I’m not as impressed with Kristina as most people seem to be.  Her own daughter doesn’t live with her.  I especially didn’t like when Kristina was trying to get Leah to chose a mani or pedi over parasailing.  

Why is it always a big deal when a kid lives with their dad? Kristina and her ex made the decision together.

• Love 21
57 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Why is it always a big deal when a kid lives with their dad? Kristina and her ex made the decision together.

Preach!

Other than the “no filming rule”, I don’t even know what Kristina & her ex-husband’s custody arrangement is regarding Karly; has it ever been shared publicly? Regardless, I’d trust Kristina with a spare key to my house - and I live 2,000 miles from her. I’d even trust her to babysit my four legged child! (No offense to parents of human kiddos at all - you know how we fur baby parents feel about our “kids.”) 

Again, I’d encourage everyone here to watch the episode of “Our America with Lisa Ling” from Sunday, Nov 11.

Kristina isn’t like the moms on that particular CNN program, but numerous studies and experts have explained how important it is that a child’s biological father is in their life as much as possible (as long as they’re not deadbeats or losers). We all know that Gary is an amazing father figure, except for the girls not wearing helmets, so if Kristina’s first born daughter has the chance to grow up with as many adults, including her father, who love her as much as possible, then that’s all that counts.

Whatever their custody situation is, I have no doubt that Kristina never ducks out on her time with Karly, even after her devastating miscarriage. We’ve seen more photos of Kristina with the three girls in one month than Amber has ever shown with Leah in one year. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Amen. And I think Kristina sees her plenty; but I believe part of the decision had to do with her school? I don't see the issue her. People make comments like she had her child taken away from her. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Grits said:

I agree with you on everything (boring show, nothing is very interesting, Maci dragging out her words, like we should be hanging on.... every.... word.... (uuugh), Amber and Matt1 were interesting to watch in a train wreck way), except with Kristina - she seems like a really great mom, and I think filming is the issue as to why we don't see her older daughter.

1 hour ago, Bridget said:

Again, I’d encourage everyone here to watch the episode of “Our America with Lisa Ling” from Sunday, Nov 11.

Oh - I have been wanting to see that, but how can I watch it?  I couldn't find it on my cable guide, what channel is it on?

• Love 4
On 11/17/2018 at 11:02 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Or she could've stayed on the show and simply gotten off social media.

You know that’s way too rational and reasonable for Ms Portwood. She’s also probably just saying this for attention and to prove some point and hope they beg her to return. 

On 11/18/2018 at 7:38 AM, Calm81 said:

If that’s true, then she must’ve known that they were about to cancel the show and Amber Caaaaaan’t (Roxanne’s voice) have people thinking she got laid off and is desperate for cash. So she rather say “bitch please, they didn’t quit me I quit them - I have tons of money in my safe!”

I could see this but she’s just not really someone who considers the future much, IMO. I think it’s more likely she’s in a huff that people still think she sucks. And now she’s boring too. I don’t actually care what gets her off the show, just that she’s gone. 😆 I doubt she’s going anywhere though. I need a statement from mtv saying “promise? Youz fired anyway.” Before I will believe it.

On 11/18/2018 at 11:15 AM, malaluna said:

I can see strapped for cash Amber trying to "celebrity box"  in 3..2..1. She already has the Sumo bun.

And that “fighting spirit..” 🤬 👊🏻 once you piss her off enough to get off the couch.

20 hours ago, Grits said:

I especially didn’t like when Kristina was trying to get Leah to chose a mani or pedi over parasailing.  

Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but wasn’t it more like Kristina suggested that she, Amber and Leah all do something together and suggesting manicures and then Amber later suggesting the parasailing - without Kristina - and oh yeah, Kristina, watch my baby again too instead of doing something all together while WE go parasailing. That might be exaggerated because of my dislike of Amber but I remember thinking it was rude. I don’t remember Kristina trying to get Leah to choose anything, I guess I need to rewatch thie scene. Also, I originally assumed that Kristina suggested the manicures because she knows that is something Amber likes, as we’ve seen Amber bring Leah for them in the past. I feel like Kristina tries about 99.99% more than Amber in all situations to be gracious, polite and caring.

30 minutes ago, druzy said:
Kristina posted the following regarding custody:
image.png.14d298819d683526ad18799e5cd8a03f.png

I was going to say that I know I read they have 50/50, her daughter just can’t be filmed so they only film on days she’s not there. AMBER is the one who started all these rumors about Kristina and custody and she was pissed at the time and trying to make herself look and feel better by making Kristina look bad. I see nothing wrong with parents having 50/50 custody...in fact, it kinda sounds like the best option if it works for all involved.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but wasn’t it more like Kristina suggested that she, Amber and Leah all do something together and suggesting manicures and then Amber later suggesting the parasailing - without Kristina - and oh yeah, Kristina, watch my baby again too instead of doing something all together while WE go parasailing. That might be exaggerated because of my dislike of Amber but I remember thinking it was rude. I don’t remember Kristina trying to get Leah to choose anything, I guess I need to rewatch thie scene. Also, I originally assumed that Kristina suggested the manicures because she knows that is something Amber likes, as we’ve seen Amber bring Leah for them in the past. I feel like Kristina tries about 99.99% more than Amber in all situations to be gracious, polite and caring.

That's how I remember it.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, politichick said:

That's how I remember it.

me three.  I think Kristina is an absolutely lovely person, inside & out. it's refreshing;  if she's guilty of anything, it's probably always putting others ahead of herself!!

• Love 12
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree with you on everything (boring show, nothing is very interesting, Maci dragging out her words, like we should be hanging on.... every.... word.... (uuugh), Amber and Matt1 were interesting to watch in a train wreck way), except with Kristina - she seems like a really great mom, and I think filming is the issue as to why we don't see her older daughter.

Oh - I have been wanting to see that, but how can I watch it?  I couldn't find it on my cable guide, what channel is it on?

Her show is on CNN, but I don’t think they show reruns. New episodes air every Sunday night at 7pm. 

Maybe your cable provider has it available via On Demand? When in doubt, there is always YouTube. It’s worth sitting through the commercials/ads if they pop up.

If it helps, that particular episode originally aired on Sunday, Nov 11, 2018.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 2
On 11/18/2018 at 10:53 PM, PortaBella said:

Who dresses cate?  When she first appeared I thought she was in a robe but when she walked outside in that hideously-fitting garment, I realized my error in thinking.  She really does not know how to dress for her body shape or how to wear/color her hair (no pink). There’s some potential there but it’s untapped. 

I still find it just completely mind boggling that Tyler and Catelynn have a “clothing line,” even if it is for kids and not adults. They’re some of the worst dressers of all time! Like, who the fuck would let Fonzie and his mom pick out their clothes?! How Catelynn thought these gold leggings were a good choice for herself (or anyone, really) is forever lost on me. Not to mention her shirt (with “cape!”) that’s tight in all the wrong places and utterly unflattering and the completely mismatched silver clutch (??? Why?) she topped it all off with. Plus, his shoes/laces, deep cut t, ripped/shredded pants, the necklaces... And this is just a random picture from google - I know if I went looking there are farrrr worst ensembles they’ve worn. I won’t even get into the hair and makeup (on both!)...

6023BB03-B946-442B-9472-606EE5CB87DE.jpeg

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I still find it just completely mind boggling that Tyler and Catelynn have a “clothing line,” even if it is for kids and not adults. They’re some of the worst dressers of all time! Like, who the fuck would let Fonzie and his mom pick out their clothes?! How Catelynn thought these gold leggings were a good choice for herself (or anyone, really) is forever lost on me. Not to mention her shirt (with “cape!”) that’s tight in all the wrong places and utterly unflattering and the completely mismatched silver clutch (??? Why?) she topped it all off with. Plus, his shoes/laces, deep cut t, ripped/shredded pants, the necklaces... And this is just a random picture from google - I know if I went looking there are farrrr worst ensembles they’ve worn. I won’t even get into the hair and makeup (on both!)...

HA!

I think Tyler fancies himself a trend-setter.  I am totally perplexed by the extra yards of laces tied around his ankles, as if he is being held for ransom. 

I can see how these two would think they are killing it in the fashion game in their little town in Michigan.  I think most of the people in their town wear Target crap.  

As for Cate, I can see where she is trying to go with this, but she just does not have the body or confidence to pull any of it off.  The tight clothes don't help, and the muumuus are even worse.  I think if she plans to stay at this weight, she should go preppy, not trendy. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Bridget said:

I was trying to find the episode and discovered the show you're referencing is "This Is Life with Lisa Ling" in case anyone is interested.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I was trying to find the episode and discovered the show you're referencing is "This Is Life with Lisa Ling" in case anyone is interested.

Thank you for the assist, along with my sincerest appreciation and thanks for catching that mistake so others can watch the episode. 

“Our America...” is the name of her old show. Same format, same network, same night of the week on CNN. In all seriousness, I would really love to know why they changed the name of the series.

Regardless, thank you again for correcting the error. 

• Love 1