Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E25: New G's Meet the Old G's

druzy
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Thank you for the assist, along with my sincerest appreciation and thanks for catching that mistake so others can watch the episode. 

“Our America...” is the name of her old show. Same format, same network, same night of the week on CNN. In all seriousness, I would really love to know why they changed the name of the series.

Regardless, thank you again for correcting the error. 

Certainly! I really want to watch it now, but got sidetracked in trying to find it online :)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

HA!

I think Tyler fancies himself a trend-setter.  I am totally perplexed by the extra yards of laces tied around his ankles, as if he is being held for ransom. 

I can see how these two would think they are killing it in the fashion game in their little town in Michigan.  I think most of the people in their town wear Target crap.  

As for Cate, I can see where she is trying to go with this, but she just does not have the body or confidence to pull any of it off.  The tight clothes don't help, and the muumuus are even worse.  I think if she plans to stay at this weight, she should go preppy, not trendy. 

I’m sure it’s Walmart not Target but yes! Tyler totally thinks he’s a trendsetter. But he fails. So hard. And you’d think he’d tell Catelynn she basically looks like she forgot to wear pants at first glance in the gold atrocities above. Things like this are why I can’t believe the rumors that he’s gay. 😆 (kidding, kidding, and I’ve even known a few unfashionable gay men but none with Tyler’s particular um, je ne sais quoi, lol)

If you know where she was going could you please explain it to me? Haha 🤣 That cape is just...why? And I didn’t say this before because manners 😬 but her smallish feet and fat calves shoved in those booties look like hooves...

I’m on the expressway to hell now. 🔥 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 9
On 11/19/2018 at 1:13 AM, TheRealT said:

This is extraordinary to me. Literally every week, Maci's main "storyline" is going, "I heard that Ryan might still be doing drugs/got arrested/went back to rehab. I have no idea what's going on with him, but I'm really worried about how it might affect Bentley. Mackenzie and Jen and Larry are such assholes that they don't provide me with detailed weekly updates, so I'm totally in the dark as to what's up with Ryan..." [then she keeps repeating essentially the same thing for several minutes]. I get that she doesn't want to focus on the details of her own life, but still.

And I'm no Rhine/Mack/J&L fan, but WTF does she want from them? She seems very put out that Rhine's caretakers don't give her regular reports (complete with piss tests) so she can keep abreast of all Rhine's activities, but-- guess what, Maci?-- Rhine hates you! He doesn't want to report to you or have you knowing all his business and (further) trash talking him. Even if he "deserves" to be judged and humiliated by you, that's probably not going to help him deal with his issues or get sober, so if you're really as awesome and together and mature as you claim to be, how about if you let go of being his parole/drug officer? How about if you ask J&L how Rhine is doing, accept their "He's fine." and just say, "Tell him I said hi and I'm sending him good thoughts." [rather than implicitly or explicitly letting them know how frustrated you are that they won't give you more information] How about refraining from trashing him (based on speculation) every. single. week. on your reality show? Obviously, Rhine is no prize as a father or a human being, but I don't see what is gained by constantly talking about him in a negative way. Bentley is old enough to watch/read this stuff (quite possibly in his living room while Maci and Tyler are chilling with beers in the hot tub while Bentley watches the little ones).

So true...all of it! Maci's job is to protect Bentley but her "protection" of him involves a public flogging of Ryan on national TV every week. This is not healthy or helpful to Bentley and his fragile relationship with his Dad who does love him. Maybe just let Ryan do his rehab and recovery in private and not discuss him or his addiction on TV at this time. Deal with it in private. And I'm glad to see that someone else views Taylor and Maci's treatment of Bentley as babysitter/housekeeper while they just lay around the house or hang out in the hot tub or pool with bottles of beer in hand as lazy and parentally irresponsible...I have no problem with a child Bentley's age having a few chores to do and to occasionally watch his siblings when Maci or Taylor talk on the phone or go to the bathroom but honestly, they are constantly having Bentley do this or that with these younger kids when they could do it themselves. Have you seen Bentley's "Chore" Board in their kitchen? Yikes! Do Maci and Taylor do anything??? They are fortunate that Bentley is such a sweet and accommodating child...there is never any back talk or pouting when he's asked to do the things that adults should be doing.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I still find it just completely mind boggling that Tyler and Catelynn have a “clothing line,” even if it is for kids and not adults. They’re some of the worst dressers of all time! Like, who the fuck would let Fonzie and his mom pick out their clothes?! How Catelynn thought these gold leggings were a good choice for herself (or anyone, really) is forever lost on me. Not to mention her shirt (with “cape!”) that’s tight in all the wrong places and utterly unflattering and the completely mismatched silver clutch (??? Why?) she topped it all off with. Plus, his shoes/laces, deep cut t, ripped/shredded pants, the necklaces... And this is just a random picture from google - I know if I went looking there are farrrr worst ensembles they’ve worn. I won’t even get into the hair and makeup (on both!)...

6023BB03-B946-442B-9472-606EE5CB87DE.jpeg

Cate looks like she got a bad spray tan on her legs.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

I’m sure it’s Walmart not Target but yes! Tyler totally thinks he’s a trendsetter. But he fails. So hard. And you’d think he’d tell Catelynn she basically looks like she forgot to wear pants at first glance in the gold atrocities above. Things like this are why I can’t believe the rumors that he’s gay. 😆 (kidding, kidding, and I’ve even known a few unfashionable gay men but none with Tyler’s particular um, je ne sais quoi, lol)

If you know where she was going could you please explain it to me? Haha 🤣 That cape is just...why? And I didn’t say this before because manners 😬 but her smallish feet and fat calves shoved in those booties look like hooves...

I’m on the expressway to hell now. 🔥 

Yes I agree!

Ok, maybe I don't know where she is going?  I was trying to picture the ensemble on a skinnier person and I thought I saw a hint of possibility... but really, the gold leggings are crazy.  And the cape - wtf??

HAHAHA!  Yes I am also going to hell because I was actually going to comment on that, but forgot!  I thought hooves right away!  Does she realize this?  Maybe she doesn't know that there are other options out there??  There are some trends I love on other people but CANNOT pull off myself.  It sucks, but you work with what you got.  I don't think she knows how to do that.

3 hours ago, Bridget said:

Thank you for the assist, along with my sincerest appreciation and thanks for catching that mistake so others can watch the episode. 

“Our America...” is the name of her old show. Same format, same network, same night of the week on CNN. In all seriousness, I would really love to know why they changed the name of the series.

Regardless, thank you again for correcting the error. 

Thank you all for the info and updated info!!

I just searched for this, with the new title, and of course - the OnDemand listings are missing the "fathers" episode from Nov 11th!  What the heck?  It goes from ep 14 to ep16 - how weird.  I will look on youtube.

• Love 5
On 11/15/2018 at 7:04 AM, Calm81 said:

@druzy posted this on the Maci thread but I assume that the thread doesn’t get much traffic so I’m reposting it here.

This is disgusting and needs to be seen by the MTV executives, advertisers and viewers to get him off the show or cancel the show altogether. ?

“These are disgusting, racist, homophobic and gross tweets that Taylor posted in 2011 and 2012  

https://imgur.com/a/gRBAB5Q

There's more. I'm sure they will be deleted tomorrow.”

On 11/17/2018 at 10:23 PM, kicksave said:

I'm not surprised by his tweets. He seems like a redneck billy bob garden variety homophobe racist misogynist even when he isn't tweeting. Remind me again, what does he do for work? Does he work? Are they still making those cheap TTM shirts? 

Gross. Gross. Gross. :/ 

Pettiness:

I see he has the "I'm an asshole" calling card -- the always misspelled "your" instead of "you're" (also see: they're/their). 

• Love 7
On 11/21/2018 at 2:24 AM, heatherchandler said:

HA!

I think Tyler fancies himself a trend-setter.  I am totally perplexed by the extra yards of laces tied around his ankles, as if he is being held for ransom

I can see how these two would think they are killing it in the fashion game in their little town in Michigan.  I think most of the people in their town wear Target crap.  

As for Cate, I can see where she is trying to go with this, but she just does not have the body or confidence to pull any of it off.  The tight clothes don't help, and the muumuus are even worse.  I think if she plans to stay at this weight, she should go preppy, not trendy. 

I mean... well... he kinda is.

• Love 4