Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Ahisma

• Start Topic

More Manchester black plz... Also Sam witwer is doing a great job... Young Deo agent is an idiot..glad mercy is gone... Glad Alex chewed out Kara for disobeying orders.. Even tho she took it back

• Love 2

BEEBO SHALL HAVE HIS VENGEANCE! PRAISE BEEBO! See, thats what you get for disrespecting our lord and savior. 

Seriously, they actually had this guy stepping on a kids toy, just to be a dick. Why dont they just give him a pointy black hat, a mustache to twirl, and have him tie Kara to a railroad track? 

• Love 14

When did James and Nia start living in the Catco building?

I thought Fiona was dead when from the stab in the back from the first episode.

I hope that was the end of Mercy and Otis.

I guess Agent Liberty is a big fan of Star Trek II.

Was that the lady general from the "Last Ship"? 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

I did find myself enjoying this episode.

Manchester Black immediately caught my attention. Unfortunately, Fiona had to die for him to be set on his path to revenge, but, y'know, up until that, I was interested. I guess Fiona was kept alive long enough to be useful to the "cause". 

Bye-bye Mercy and Otis. I didn't really get a good feel for either of you and Ben Lockwood is more interesting. 

No surprise that Kara defied orders until Alex freaked out on her. I do think it was warranted, because Kara's ego is bigger than the Planet Earth and she never seems to learn how to be a team player. 

Well, Nia tried to warn James and I guess he didn't expect that the bad thing would be him being seen as a Liberty minion. I mean...all James needs to do is ensure Guardian attacks Liberty's minions publicly a few times and then he won't be seen that way. 

I liked the Lena/Brainy scene. I mean, I still miss the potential that was going to be Lena/Winn but I guess this is the next best pairing. 

Also, to end on the best note...PRAISE BEEBO. I guess Beebo is just as popular on Earth 38 than it is on Earth 1. 

• Love 7

Takeaways: Beebo is popular on [at least] two Earths, and there's another Supergirl. I half-forgot about that. I mean, the fecal has been hitting the fan, what with the heavy-handed metaphors for our time getting dropped into the show. But yeah, there is another Supergirl. Maybe it's because Melissa really liked playing evil in "Crisis on Earth-X"?

Literal ear worms. Thanks, Agent Douche-erty!! Yeah, he probably liked Wrath of Khan. Or maybe he read Kingdom Come.

Lots of random comic stuff getting incorporated into the series tonight. I think the protective suit works as a visual, and you can make an action figure out of it. Manchester Black? Well, he looks like he'll be traveling down a dark road. Then again, I think Agent Liberty needs a human nemesis.

Looks like the DEO is one big powderkeg of tension. Even Brainy is feeling it. I'll admit, he was kinda cute explain that he's not actually a robot.

Of course Kara laments good pies getting wrecked. And, of course, she makes some at the end. I don't consider myself a "pie person," but I totally feel her on that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

I thought Fiona was dead when from the stab in the back from the first episode.

I thought she was dead too!!! But when they showed her tonight, I forgot all about it!  Great question!

Fiona just got fridged for Manchester Black's pain! No, show! If one of them has to go, it should be him.

The bug looked like a cross between a baby Go'uld and the babble fish from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

They got rid of Mercy and Otis really fast. I guess they were there just to set up Agent Liberty. At least Mercy got in a final truth, that if they don't have fear, you have to create it. 

I don't understand how if the air is 97% clear of Kryptonite, it would still be instantly poisonous to Supergirl. That doesn't make sense, there might be enough to weaken her but not kill her.

Is the new president being controlled too?  He responded very quickly to that whisper in his ear.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, sonyab said:

I thought she was dead too!!! But when they showed her tonight, I forgot all about it!  Great question!

I think writers put themselves in a corner when they decided to introduce Manchester Black. I guess they needed to bring back Fiona in order for her to die in his arms for him to have a good story.

• Love 1

That was a pretty good episode, and I am interested in seeing what happens next. We have a lot of moving parts (the DEO, CATCO, Black Manchester, the anti alien people, the aliens, etc) and it should be interesting to see everyone coming and clashing.

So Mercy and Otis are gone already? I mean, I didnt like them much, and Agent Liberty is certainly a more compelling villain, but it seems pretty anticlimactic to off them so quickly. I did seriously crack up when Otis stomped on that random kids Beebo (hail Beebo!) doll, just to remind us how awful he is.

Poor Fiona. I thought she died the first time, but I guess she had to die in her boyfriends arms so he can get his vengeance on. I do like Black Manchester, but I wish Fiona didnt have to get fridged for him to have his origin story. Better luck next reboot, Vicky!

The Lena/Brainy stuff was nice, and they were a fun character pairing. I am still salty that we never got a Lena/Winn pairing, so I will take nerd friends where I can get it! Him starting to cry, while insisting that he isnt a robot (Brainy is technological/bio alien from the future, obviously!) and that he is allowed to have feelings. 

I mean, Alex has many good traits, but she has made some questionable leadership choices lately. Maybe having the most alien racist guy in the DEO guard the alien racists was kind of a bad idea? So now she gets some new government suit to monitor here. Maybe she is from the Supergirl verse version of ARGUS?!

Never mess with Beebo. 

• Love 3

So, is Kasnian Supergirl dead now ?  They confirmed that Kara would only have survived minutes without the nano-tech suit.

Kara survived for a couple of days in the nano-suit before Brainy/Lena fixed the atmosphere, but since the kryptonite radiation was 'everywhere' Kasnian Supergirl should be long dead.

Does Nia sleep only at work ?

Yeah, Otis pretty much doomed himself and his sister as soon as he stepped on the Beebo plushie.  Some things you just can't come back from!  He was luck though: if the Legends found out, he would have really felt some pain!

Well, Fiona actually didn't die in the premiere, but now she is actually dead for sure, in order to cause this Manchester Black guy much man-pain and have him on a revenge tour.  Sucks that they've taken this obvious route, but I do like Manchester and the actor.  I'm guessing he's a comic character since they had him deliver his name in such dramatic fashion.  Also, I want them to find some way to have him interact with John Constantine, Brick and Rip Hunter, so we can see just how hard we can British this up! Go full Guy Ritchie on this joint!

Interestingly, I remember a brief moment last week where you hear Ben praising The Guardian because he was at least human and I was wondering if that was leading to something, and sure enough, it looks like James having to take out mind-controlled aliens is being spun to make him look like an alien hater, which displeases many, but is praised by the bigots.

Glad we got more Brainy and Lena.  And shallowly, Katie McGrath was looking extra nice in this episode.

Already bored with all of the confrontation scenes that will no doubt happen between Alex and this new Colonel character.  I guess Glenn Morshower is no longer available to come back as General Dickbag Lane?

I guess the Graves going out is going to allow Ben/Agent Liberty to take front and center as the main baddie now.  Glad they're at least letting him take of his mask, since Sam Witwer is much better when he isn't being constrained/hidden behind that goofy thing. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

John Constantine, Brick and Rip Hunter,

By Beebo's furry grace let that happen.. I'd watch those boys Breh-Ish it all the way to the max... 

Already bored with all of the confrontation scenes that will no doubt happen between Alex and this new Colonel

I'm holding out hope that doesn't play out like that because we already had D-bag Lane... I mean Honestly a lot of things have gone haywire since J'onn moved on.. So realistically a president in the new guy's position might want some oversight... Maybe they'll have her play it differently than the obvious "Chicago Fire" route of smarmy evil new overboss comes to dismantle the house... And Alex does need some help reigning in Kara and her huge ego

it looks like James having to take out mind-controlled aliens is being spun to make him look like an alien hater,

Couldn't he just make a public statement about it.. I mean everyone knows who he is.. And he's still the CEO( for now) hell he could even write an editorial.. So I'm interested how they are gonna spin this into a bigger deal, as to me the fix seems obvious.. But like Nia said something bad happens

Well, Fiona actually didn't die in the premiere, but now she is actually dead for sure, in order to cause this Manchester Black guy much man-pain

Also because as much as I love Tiya Sicar... Her accent was too horrible to have around with David Ayala her now.. Dunno why they just didn't have her be an American who was in Britain for a while and then came back home.. 

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I think writers put themselves in a corner when they decided to introduce Manchester Black. I guess they needed to bring back Fiona in order for her to die in his arms for him to have a good story.

I actually like Manchester Black. I never seen this actor before, but he did really well in the scene with Fiona dying, and I was impressed by him.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Sucks that they've taken this obvious route, but I do like Manchester and the actor.  I'm guessing he's a comic character since they had him deliver his name in such dramatic fashion.

I had that hunch too, and checked Google.  In the comics he was an anti-hero, as well as a Professor X-level telepath and telekinetic.  Not sure if he has powers in the SG universe, but this episode kind of hinted that he might be a low-level TK.

And shallowly, Katie McGrath was looking extra nice in this episode.

She is stunning in a Anne Hathaway kind of way, isn't she?  Broad, fairly unique features that really shouldn't work together, but the end result is actually very pretty.

I guess Glenn Morshower is no longer available to come back as General Dickbag Lane?

Man I loved Glenn in 24.  But he's a little to good for SG, sadly.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

They had her shielded in some kind of box the whole time, as they showed at the end of the episode.  It was apparently resistant to Kryptonite.  She's alive.

My bad, I missed the end of the episode on my PVR -- so, does that mean that the Kasnian military built that hermetically sealed kryptonite-radiation proof cell before Mercy even released the kryptonite radiation poisoning ?  Because that seems like something that might take more than a few minutes to build -- plus, no washroom.  Did Kasnian Supergirl just sit there for 2 days ?  How do the Kasnians even know about kryptonite ?  Is there a public Supergirl Wiki on the Earth-38 Internet that contains all of Supergirl's weaknesses ?  This raises so many questions.

Did anyone else catch that the Guardian article trending on the tablet was written by Ben Lockwood (Agent Liberty himself) ?
Or that the pictures of Guardian in the online article were from scenes not actually in the episode ?

It just seems weird that Lockwood went from history professor to master of alien tech so quickly.

That Guardian motorcycle scene was just so bad -- the henchmen started falling before bar attached to the front wheel of the motorcycle even hit them.  It would have been better just to shoot the scene higher so you couldn't see the "impact" points.

I'm confused about Mercy's final scene -- the arrows that impacted her chest came from her left, camera right but the alien who fired the arrows was to camera left of both Alex and Mercy.  Were these magic arrows that could fly in an arc ?  Was there a wind factor ?

Smell ya later Mercy and Otis.

Sam Witwer continues to do a great job as Agent Liberty.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5
On 11/5/2018 at 4:28 AM, Tasha Brand said:

It was.  Jensen confirmed they were dead at the end of the episode.  I have to say, though, that I was certainly not expecting them to be killed so quickly.  Isn't Mercy a character in the DC Comics?  Luthor's driver?  You would think they would have at least had her last longer.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that most of the footage containing Kara was added in after Melissa Benoist got back from her Broadway show?

Why is that not surprising?  Was there anything established in any past episode that told us and showed us that Kara really likes pies?

As far back as the CBS season .

In the thanksgiving episode when Mama D is coming to town (and in the midst of Alex having a meltdown about what Eliza is going to say about Kara suiting up ) Kara sidetracks herself and goes into a soliloquy about Eliza's pies being the best in various universes (because she had been and done a taste taste).

Then last season in the Midvale episode Eliza's farewell to the girls was handing over a container full of pie for the trip (because she knows her girls)

---------------------

18 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I had that hunch too, and checked Google.  In the comics he was an anti-hero, as well as a Professor X-level telepath and telekinetic.  Not sure if he has powers in the SG universe, but this episode kind of hinted that he might be a low-level TK.

She is stunning in a Anne Hathaway kind of way, isn't she?  Broad, fairly unique features that really shouldn't work together, but the end result is actually very pretty.

Man I loved Glenn in 24.  But he's a little to good for SG, sadly.

He is a regular on The Resident with Agent 13

Both Manchester Black and Lauren Haley are from the books - and just to annoy the fan boys were originally both white

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sonyab said:

Does anybody have a crush on Brainiac or is it just me? :)

Me lol!

so the only thing I took away from this episode is that J’onn has curtains OUTSIDE his windows. Weird!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Me lol!

so the only thing I took away from this episode is that J’onn has curtains OUTSIDE his windows. Weird!

Braniac looks hot as alien form and human form! :)  J’onn has curtains outside his windows? I didn't notice that. I wonder why.

• Love 1
On 11/5/2018 at 8:04 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

I'm confused about Mercy's final scene -- the arrows that impacted her chest came from her left, camera right but the alien who fired the arrows was to camera left of both Alex and Mercy.  Were these magic arrows that could fly in an arc ?  Was there a wind factor ?

I went back and rewatched, the darts came from the Hellgramite behind Alex, so like this (very roughly, don't hold me to it :) ):

5be27b1113fad_SupergirlAhimsaShotsFired.png.e90dd032c176228917ce0b989556e938.png

• Love 1
On 11/6/2018 at 3:09 PM, sonyab said:

He's cute. :)
I'm a bit hesitant to get attached to him because I'm not sure what plan TPTB have for him.

Edited by Trini
Aaaaaaaargh forgot the "not"
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Trini said:

He's cute. :)
I'm a bit hesitant to get attached to him because I'm sure what plan TPTB have for him.

Yeah I don't know how long he is going to be there.  He has been on for awhile now though. I thought he was going to leave along time ago. I'm surprised he is still there! :)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, sonyab said:

Yeah I don't know how long he is going to be there.  He has been on for awhile now though. I thought he was going to leave along time ago. I'm surprised he is still there! :)

Where's he going to go?  Remember where he's originally from.  The reason he and Winn switched places was that Coluans are apparently an endangered species in Brainy's native 31st Century, so Brainy is staying in our time to protect himself while Winn takes his place in the Legion of Superheroes in 3018.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

Where's he going to go?  Remember where he's originally from.  The reason he and Winn switched places was that Coluans are apparently an endangered species in Brainy's native 31st Century, so Brainy is staying in our time to protect himself while Winn takes his place in the Legion of Superheroes in 3018.

Yeah good point.. When they didn't show him anymore, I thought he was gone, and then when they showed him again, I was surprised.  Winn!!! I miss him. :(  Why did the actor have to leave? :(

Edited by sonyab
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, sonyab said:

Yeah good point.. When they didn't show him anymore, I thought he was gone, and then when they showed him again, I was surprised.  Winn!!! I miss him. :(  Why did the actor have to leave? :(

It was Jeremy Jordan's decision. He wanted to return to his Broadway roots, and he felt the time was right for him to do so.  He has promised, however, that we haven't seen the last of Winn or Winn's journey -- we just won't see him nearly as much.  I myself am hoping we eventually get a glimpse of him adjusting to life in 3018 and working with the Legion.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

It was Jeremy Jordan's decision. He wanted to return to his Broadway roots, and he felt the time was right for him to do so.  He has promised, however, that we haven't seen the last of Winn or Winn's journey -- we just won't see him nearly as much.  I myself am hoping we eventually get a glimpse of him adjusting to life in 3018 and working with the Legion.

Oh! Well good for him! :) We haven't seen the last of Winn or Winn's journey?! YAY! :) Glad to hear that!!!

• Love 1
On 11/6/2018 at 3:09 PM, sonyab said:

thats Jesse Rath , he was also one of the leads in the tv show DEFIANCE.   It was a Syfy series until it was cancelled but they wrapped it up in time.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, meeeechiganman said:

thats Jesse Rath , he was also one of the leads in the tv show DEFIANCE.   It was a Syfy series until it was cancelled but they wrapped it up in time.  

Yeah I know. I looked him up.. Love his name.. :) I never saw or heard of Defiance. Glad he is on Supergirl!! :)

• Love 1

I liked Brainy well enough last season, but I’m really loving him this year.  When the rest of the Legion was still around, they were a bit of a buffer for him and the other characters, since they already knew him and were used to how he operates, plus there was no real reason to adjust/adapt when he figured he was just passing through the 21st century.  Now, though, he has to figure out how to live here and get along with these people.  I love seeing that learning curve for him - the Alex-Brainy scenes have been some of my favorites so far this season, and he and Lena were neat together in this episode.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, angora said:

I liked Brainy well enough last season, but I’m really loving him this year.  When the rest of the Legion was still around, they were a bit of a buffer for him and the other characters, since they already knew him and were used to how he operates, plus there was no real reason to adjust/adapt when he figured he was just passing through the 21st century.  Now, though, he has to figure out how to live here and get along with these people.  I love seeing that learning curve for him - the Alex-Brainy scenes have been some of my favorites so far this season, and he and Lena were neat together in this episode.

Indeed they were. I loved Lena's advice to Brainy on how to avoid letting his emotions overwhelm and distract him, and I thought it was a great touch when he later reminded Lena to take her own advice when her emotions (particularly her anger over the way her own invention had been bastardized) threatened to overwhelm her.

• Love 2

Finally forced myself to ff watch this, and I have to chime in that I’m loving Brainy, too! I enjoyed Jesse Rath on Defiance and am glad he’s getting a chance to do more on here. He’s the best part of the show by far anymore.

”These are tears of logic!” Ha!