Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

I told y'all after that smackdown about 3 or 4 Mondays ago she wasn't coming back.  She went on and on about how we needed to get over Trump winning.  That the [racial] attacks were equally on each side and we needed to wait until he got in the chair before we complained about him.  Whoopi and Joy didn't want to hear it and the fragile flower looked as if she would cry.  She didn't come back until last Thursday to announce she was leaving. 

thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure about the sequence of events. that makes sense.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JayD83 said:

3 hours ago, JayD83 said:

I told y'all after that smackdown about 3 or 4 Mondays ago she wasn't coming back.  She went on and on about how we needed to get over Trump winning.  That the [racial] attacks were equally on each side and we needed to wait until he got in the chair before we complained about him.  Whoopi and Joy didn't want to hear it and the fragile flower looked as if she would cry.  She didn't come back until last Thursday to announce she was leaving. 

For someone who has been in the public eye as an actress since childhood you would think Candace would be able to withstand some criticism.  And not for nothing doesn't Jesus love her ever so much?  Shouldn't that be enough for her?

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, pinkle6 said:

I don't feel sorry for BW. She is the one who opened the door to this by hiring a Playboy playmate (Jenny), a reality star (Elisabeth), and a complete idiot (Sherri) to be on this show.  Then she hired the most unqualified and egotistical person to lead the show. 

She should've stuck to the original format and made the panels more like the Meredith/Star/Joy/Lisa panel. Now that was a panel with intelligence.

Thank you. 

• Love 6

I don't feel sorry for BW. She is the one who opened the door to this by hiring a Playboy playmate (Jenny), a reality star (Elisabeth), and a complete idiot (Sherri) to be on this show.  Then she hired the most unqualified and egotistical person to lead the show. 

She should've stuck to the original format and made the panels more like the Meredith/Star/Joy/Lisa panel. Now that was a panel with intelligence.

With all due respect, she chose a known journalist, a local prosecutor, an unknown comic and an intern.  She just got lucky with two of the three.  Lisa came in to replace Debbie, Star was not liked at all, the wedding was just what made it unbearable.  And, not everyone appreciated Joy's intelligence.  As a matter of fact, many thought Meredith to be a vulgar hag.  It would be interesting to go back to some of those comments....I didn't always watch but did read the comments.

• Love 3

I'm just getting caught up here and am delighted to see that CCB is a goner on the show.   Yay! 

As far as this show going down the tubes, ol' Babs had her hands all over that; I didn't think we (the viewers) would survive The Year of Barbara by Barbara Walters.  The post-Babs era looked promising with the re-boot but when they cleaned house they left one bad apple and you know the saying about bad apples.  

I will still continue to only watch the days Whoopi is out - which is most Fridays.  

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I'm just getting caught up here and am delighted to see that CCB is a goner on the show.   Yay! 

As far as this show going down the tubes, ol' Babs had her hands all over that; I didn't think we (the viewers) would survive The Year of Barbara by Barbara Walters.  The post-Babs era looked promising with the re-boot but when they cleaned house they left one bad apple and you know the saying about bad apples.  

I will still continue to only watch the days Whoopi is out - which is most Fridays.  

Happy to "see" you back!!!

• Love 2

I could not find a topic for Joy, which is odd, so I am going to post this here.  I was watching the Talk, which I rarely watch cause it's boring and I cannot stand Sharon O.

They were discussing James Corden naming Pierce Brosnan as the celeb who was rudest to him.  The Sharon tells about the not so famous celeb, Joy Behart, er, Joy Behard, etc., who was rude to her.  

http://www.closerweekly.com/posts/sharon-osbourne-the-view-joy-behar-123128/photos/rosie-o-donnell-105972

• Love 3

And Sharon saying "I was famous".........yeah, for being Ozzy's wife, not for anything you had done. 

True, that wasn't a kind comment Joy made, if she did say it, but Sharon and her purple haired mess of a daughter do kind of think their own excrement is aromatic, so ...

• Love 4

Go Joy! Sharon is a degenerate, who thinks very highly of herself.  I did not like her subtle digs at Joy.  She has no reasons to throw stones at anybody. Given her machinations, to oust, Holly Robinson Peete, who, she said was not "Black" enough and Leah Remini, who, she called a "loser", from the talk.. Shut the fuck up, Sharon.  She is vile, a low rent hustler, who, latched on to a man, that elevated her.  A man who has even tried to kill her once and cheated on her, for years, throughout, their turbulent marriage.  She is proud of the fact that she was the side piece that became the wife.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Go Joy! Sharon is a degenerate, who thinks very highly of herself.  I did not like her subtle digs at Joy.  She has no reasons to throw stones at anybody. Given her machinations, to oust Holly Robinson Peete, who, she said was not "Black" enough and Leah Remini, who, she called a "loser", from the talk.. Shut the fuck up, Sharon.  She is vile, a low rent hustler, that, latched on to a man, that elevated her.  A man who has even tried to kill her once and cheated on her, for years, throughout, their turbulent marriage.  She is proud of the fact that she was the side piece that became the wife.

Say what now about Leah and Holly. I haven't a thing since they pretend they never existed. Are they being shunned or SP?: )   

ETA: I totally misread that. LOL!  

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Say what now about Leah and Holly. I haven't a thing since they pretend they never existed. Are they being shunned or SP?:) 

Sharon did not like Leah and Holly, who were original hostesses, of the talk. She said that she had nothing in common with them and that they did not know themselves. She said that proudly on Howard Stern. Sarah, the coward, said nothing to defend them.  I always thought that Sarah had a bond with Leah.  Julie backed Sharon. Behind the scenes, she said that Holly Robinson Peete was not "Black" enough.  She told Leah that she was a loser to her face.  She was the one that campaigned to get them fired.  From time to time, she will still take some jabs at them. That woman is a piece of work.  Sharon hates Aisha. I think that she has a problem with strong, intelligent Black women. 

Julie's beef was with Holly. Holly got to interview Oprah on the show. However, Oprah would only do it with Holly and that it had to be taped. Julie was fit to be tied after that.  Plus, Holly, was a star, in her own right and a lot of the A-listers would fawn over her, when they would come and that did not settle well with Julie and the others..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Thanks for the 411 @Apprentice79! That has been bugging me for years but couldn't figure out the who and why of season 1.  

In regards to The View I'm over the loud politics every single day. I'm only hanging around to see the final split screen and poof. Gone.

You welcome! I understand your apathy to politics on the show.  We are about to embark on something new and it is a scary time for some people. I have no idea where you stand on this issue. So, I will not say anything that might offend you. Politics is such a sticky issue...For me, the show, has been a source of solace, in a weird way..lol  This board with all of the snarky remarks, by posters and intelligent conversations is just a pleasure for me. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I'm still stunned at this election. I'll come back after the numbness wears off.

Ohhhhh! And I keep on forgetting to mention my WTF moments of The Panel being back up singers to the stars. They all look soooooo uncomfortable. I'd have second hand embarrassment if I could stop laughing and pointing at that ridiculous shit! 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Julie's beef was with Holly. Holly got to interview Oprah on the show. However, Oprah would only do it with Holly and that it had to be taped. Julie was fit to be tied after that.  Plus, Holly, was a star, in her own right and a lot of the A-listers would fawn over her, when they would come and that did not settle well with Julie and the others..

I knew that Sharon campaigned to get them both fired, but not that Julie didn't like Holly in particular. Wow, what an ego.

Regardless, I'm always conflicted about the story because I didn't like Remini or Holly on that show. (Although Remini has grown on me the past few years now she's calling out the CoS.) But Sharon was always worse than they were and I don't think I've seen the show in close to two years now. I'd be more likely to tune into it than Wendy Williams though; Wendy has really devolved, down there with some of the other arrogant, stupid assholes on TV (Steve Harvey, Dr. Phil, Kelly Ripa, etc.). My father occasionally watches The Real and I'll say the show seems a little better since Tamar Braxton's been ousted. I've always liked Loni Love, but couldn't get into that show when it started because of all the child stars/family of the stars (and I still say The View was trying to copycat them with Raven and Candace before they signed Joy at the last minute last season).

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I knew that Sharon campaigned to get them both fired, but not that Julie didn't like Holly in particular. Wow, what an ego.

Regardless, I'm always conflicted about the story because I didn't like Remini or Holly on that show. (Although Remini has grown on me the past few years now she's calling out the CoS.) But Sharon was always worse than they were and I don't think I've seen the show in close to two years now. I'd be more likely to tune into it than Wendy Williams though; Wendy has really devolved, down there with some of the other arrogant, stupid assholes on TV (Steve Harvey, Dr. Phil, Kelly Ripa, etc.). My father occasionally watches The Real and I'll say the show seems a little better since Tamar Braxton's been ousted. I've always liked Loni Love, but couldn't get into that show when it started because of all the child stars/family of the stars (and I still say The View was trying to copycat them with Raven and Candace before they signed Joy at the last minute last season).

Why did you think that Holly was not a good fit? Leah was a bit over the top with her comedy, but, I liked how she would tease Sarah.  She got Sarah to loosen up a bit. 

• Love 4

Welp! The Blaze has suspended Tomi for a week because of her pro-choice comments made on The View. Sorry baby doll, but those are the wolves you chose to lie down with. She'll be alright though. I'm sure the offers are pouring in, not said in jest. Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for her, and she expands her worldview. 

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/20/media/tomi-lahren-glenn-beck-the-blaze/index.html

• Love 3

What the fuck?  She is not allowed to have an opinion that departs from the party line?  Glen Beck claims people at the Blaze don't have to agree with him, then suspends someone for exactly that.  He can try to characterize it however he wants, but that is all it is.

He wants to imply it's because Tomi changed her opinion on abortion for the sake of ... ratings? popularity? clicks?  

But he questioned the sincerity and depth of Lahren's position on abortion, pointing out that she had criticized the pro-choice movement as recently as late last year.

"It takes intellectual honesty and it takes a willingness to actually think these things through, rather than just read Twitter or Facebook to get your news or political opinions," Beck said on his show. "You actually have to study these things out with your mind. Bomb-throwing in today's world is dangerous. It can destroy people if your aim is clicks, views and ratings."

(italics mine, to show where there is a link to a video by Tomi in the original article)

I actually watched the video linked and she is not ranting about abortion being wrong, per se.  I really don't hear her saying anything incompatible with what she said on The View.  She primarily rags on Lena Dunham for saying she wishes she had had an abortion and how she is making the pro-choice cause look bad.  She employs a lot of crude hyperbole, but I don't see how that is intellectually dishonest or somehow at odds with what she said on yesterday's show about her belief a woman should be the one to call the shots about her own body and pregnancy and not the government.  I get the feeling she may be like Sunny and may personally never choose to have an abortion, but she doesn't think it's something the government should be sticking its nose into. A lot of people feel that way.  

I don't know if Glen Beck is just mad because Tomi has the nerve to have her own opinion about something or if he is just too dumb to understand that criticizing the tactics of the pro-choice movement does not necessarily equal being anti-choice.  Either way he sucks.  And for the record, I am no fan of this Tomi person.  I'd never heard of her before she went on The View.  But him suspending her is just such a smug, controlling shit thing to do. And it will only backfire.  By doing this, he is just winning fans for her and making her sympathetic.  And making himself look like even more of an idiot than he usually does, which is quite an accomplishment. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
because "an" and "and" are not the same
  • Love 6

I could never stand Glen. Nor can I believe all R's are pro-life when so many are against birth control and abortion and so many have not that many kids......and get a hoot out of a woman holding an aspirin between their knees when around them, or their dad, cousin, uncle, son.

• Love 5

While Googling about the mispronunciation mishap mentioned on the show today (and not finding anything), I saw that apparently Julie Chen said The View was “withering away” this past December.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-talks-julie-chen-says-the-view-is-withering-away-w455859

The Talk co-hosts clearly have a lot of hostility for The View the past year or so. Sharon making up some nasty story about Joy Behar, Julie talking about how she advised Barbara not to return a year or two ago, now Julie saying the show’s withering away—all despite the fact that the show’s been doing better ratings regularly than The Talk since Behar returned…. In fact, I think the only time The Talk was ever ahead of The View was the months after Rosie O’Donnell left the show the second time. Bizarre that The Talk would dish out advice on how to run a show to the one they copied, especially when they’re being outperformed by said show at the time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I DVR'd The Talk when I noticed they would be announcing nominations.  Sara Gibert mispronounced Jediblahblah's last name (with a long i, making it much more apt!) while listing the names of the hosts of The View.

Bile-ah?  So I guess Sara has seen the show. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

While Googling about the mispronunciation mishap mentioned on the show today (and not finding anything), I saw that apparently Julie Chen said The View was “withering away” this past December.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-talks-julie-chen-says-the-view-is-withering-away-w455859

The Talk co-hosts clearly have a lot of hostility for The View the past year or so. Sharon making up some nasty story about Joy Behar, Julie talking about how she advised Barbara not to return a year or two ago, now Julie saying the show’s withering away—all despite the fact that the show’s been doing better ratings regularly than The Talk since Behar returned…. In fact, I think the only time The Talk was ever ahead of The View was the months after Rosie O’Donnell left the show the second time. Bizarre that The Talk would dish out advice on how to run a show to the one they copied, especially when they’re being outperformed by said show at the time.

I think both sides are guilty of making passive aggressive digs and it's downright silly. I remember after Aisha and Sheryl joined The Talk Barbara, Joy and Whoopi made fun of them for not keeping the same panel for more than a season and how they tried copying them and failed. FF a couple of years and The View's gone through a number of co-hosts and copied The Talk's "fluffier" format when Jenny McCarthy was there. Yes, their ratings are still good, but it's sloppy and pretty pathetic that a show that's been on for 20 years is having a hard time keeping it together. They may not need The Talk's advice, but they need someone to help guide them in the right direction. Giving Whoopi her walking papers would be a good place to start.

Edited by rmcrae
Misspelled a word
  • Love 5

I watched Julie at the end of that video and she clearly couldn't care less about The View. Then she made that crack about Moonlight. Sara was sincere and Sheryl was there for her.

• Love 3

I only know what I gleaned from these two articles.  Maybe she did keep her apartment in the city because that would be a tough commute!!!  (I think I remember her saying that she lived in a rent-controlled building, but I have no idea how that works.)

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/real-estate/joy-behar-buys-new-home-in-sag-harbor-1.12779764

http://www.27east.com/news/article.cfm/Sag-Harbor/494885/Joy-Behar-Buys-Home-Within-Walking-Distance-To-Bay-Street-Theater

Edited by Medicine Crow
Added info re rent-control.
  • Love 1

Joy probably stays at the apartment during the week. She always says Friday TGIF as if she is anxious to get to her home in Sag Harbor for the weekend.

I'm sure Joy is in the city during the week -- after the recent big snow, they were all there except Whoopi, who lives in New Jersey. (Which is probably closer to the studios than Sag Harbor.) If Joy commuted daily, I doubt she would have been able to make it in.

• Love 1

I just read this blind item and the popular guess is that Whoopi hit the roof when she found out that Rosie O'Donnell will replace her. Could it be? :

[Blind Gossip] A casting upheaval at a long-running TV show just resulted in a huge backstage fight!

This dreaded cast member – who is the show’s lead – was planning to leave.

The producers decided to fill her position with a mouthy former cast member. However, they decided to keep the replacement a secret from Dreaded because they know that she absolutely hates Mouthy and would create drama if she found out.

Well, Dreaded somehow found out last week that Mouthy was going to replace her anyhow… and all hell broke loose!

Dreaded exploded when she found out! She couldn’t believe that of all the people they could pick to replace her, they had picked Mouthy, because they know she hates Mouthy’s guts.

Dreaded was screaming at one of the producers, “You black stabber”! [That producer happens to be black]. She was screaming at [one of the other cast members] and calling her “Traitor!” because she supposedly knew that Mouthy was coming back but kept it a secret from Dreaded.

Dreaded started yelling that “Maybe I won’t leave after all!” She said that she was going to go have “a little talk with the folks upstairs” (corporate) about staying on for another year. She knows that if she stays, Mouthy will not come back.

So Dreaded would stay on the show…. just to spite everyone and to prevent Mouthy from being on the show!

Oh, the drama! The egos! The over-talking!

Sounds like the backstage fights are even better than the on-camera fights…

PS: Sorry for the weird formatting. I can't seem to fix it

• Love 4

"Dreads" and "Mouthy" lol, that's so obviously them it barely qualifies as a blind item. 

Despite my decreasing fondness for Rosie of late, anything that upsets Whoopi Goldberg that much is music to my ears.  Please let it be true!  Please let her ask to stay and be told NO, hit the fucking bricks already. I can deal with Rosie back on the show if it happens like THIS because, well ... I'm just that damn spiteful, I guess. 

Whoopi must be seething!  I love it!

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

"Dreads" and "Mouthy" lol, that's so obviously them it barely qualifies as a blind item. 

Despite my decreasing fondness for Rosie of late, anything that upsets Whoopi Goldberg that much is music to my ears.  Please let it be true!  Please let her ask to stay and be told NO, hit the fucking bricks already. I can deal with Rosie back on the show if it happens like THIS because, well ... I'm just that damn spiteful, I guess. 

Whoopi must be seething!  I love it!

^^^^  THIS x 10  ^^^^ LOL!!!

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I am so confused - I can't even find a link to the story......and 4/9/2014? Could someone enlighten me?

It's a blind item posted on a blind item website. On the site people guess who's involved and eventually when the situations break in the news the identities are revealed. Some of them have taken years though. Here's the link to the blind item that's being talked about.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=84583

• Love 2

I'm not sure if I should believe it, but replacing Whoopi with either Rosie, Meredith or Joy (who I'd prefer not to be the moderator only because as a regular co-host she would get to talk more) would instantly make the show better. Plus, I doubt Rosie would be a monster to Sunny like Whoopi is. And maybe eventually Rosie could sneak Padma back in (and kick out Jedi).

As for them not bringing Rosie back, she did leave with her "heart and family problems" being the excuse (even if everyone knew it was because of Whoopi). And let's be honest, with Trump as the president and Rosie being one of his well-known feuds, that would give them some incentive because it would draw ratings. The reason I'm skeptical is that I don't think Rosie would come back.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2

Wow, I'd love it if "mouthy" was Meredith and not Rosie. Nothing against Rosie but I can't believe they'd hire her again after she quit twice. Third time's the charm, huh?

• Love 1