Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I get why Maddie is point in that video. Maddie currently has a better position in the triangle than Gina, so it would kind of be a slap in the face to not move her into the point position when Kashara and Lacey are not present.

Looking to next year, I think Gina needs to be point, unless they go with a current rookie. I don’t agree with telling her to tone it down because the girl in front of her is getting outshined and outdanced. (I’m aware that some people find Gina distracting and think that she does too much, but I don’t see it).

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I get why Maddie is point in that video. Maddie currently has a better position in the triangle than Gina, so it would kind of be a slap in the face to not move her into the point position when Kashara and Lacey are not present.

Looking to next year, I think Gina needs to be point, unless they go with a current rookie. I don’t agree with telling her to tone it down because the girl in front of her is getting outshined and outdanced. (I’m aware that some people find Gina distracting and think that she does too much, but I don’t see it).

I don’t think she outshines the triangle (imo at least), but when you have 35 girls doing one thing and 1 girl always adding small movements, yes it’s distracting.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t think she outshines the triangle (imo at least), but when you have 35 girls doing one thing and 1 girl always adding small movements, yes it’s distracting.

I agree. In previous videos she's been shown adding a bunch of extra wiggles, bends, flourishes and hair flips. This type of thing is not "out dancing" - it's distracting. Now, she does out dance some too. Meaning she is clearly a powerful, energetic dancer and gives her all. That part is a good thing. 

In the last video posted she's not really doing anything overtly "extra" and I don't see her "out dancing anyone." In fact it appears as if her high march/prance got her a little off at one point. In general, she looks great though - as do the others.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Jalyn looks really good here.  Her hair looks much better longer.  

Jalyn looks beautiful here!

I follow quite a few of the DCC girls on Instagram and Twitter and I feel like Jalyn is not shown in many of their group photos (casual and at things like birthdays and weddings). Has anyone else noticed this? 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Here's a video of Thunderstr--err Deck the Halls. Sorry for the poor quality.

The "extra" makes Gina look off a beat and sloppy. There are points where she looses her footing from doing too much G. EXTRA.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t see her as being distracting. I’ve tried to see what other people see, but I just don’t see it. To be fair, I’m not one who is bothered by little extra flourishes and a little extra pop from a dancer in this setting. By setting, I mean NFL power dancers. If this was the Rockettes or if I was watching the College Dance Nationals, Jazz division, I might feel differently. So, that may be why I don’t see myself as being distracted, which has a negative connotation, versus being drawn in, which is a positive. I find her entertaining.

• Love 8

I don't see anything different than Gina normally does.  As someone else said here somewhen, Gina is next level at all times.  If she does make point, she may encourage the rest to perform at a higher level.  Much like the guest choreographer pointed out to Maddie's group to do when Maddie was working the Michelle Key's quarter change choreo.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 7
On 12/24/2018 at 2:23 AM, DCCFan197605 said:

I agree.  It reminds me of the times in elementary school when the cafeteria would theme menus.  Salisbury Steak becomes Santa’s Salisbury Steak.  Peas become Prancer’s Peas.  Same food, different label.

ROFL on the Prancer's Peas. Nothing like a holiday-themed lunch that still tastes bland and lifeless.

19 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Woof ... Lookswise, I prefer Bridget, Jayln, and Dafne. 

Lol! If your 3 stick around long enough I can see that prediction coming true

• Love 4

I don’t care if Kelli looks older, she’s a doll and would make a striking point! 

Bridget all the way though, she’d be like Kashara 2.0. (Which I’d be ok with, but I know not everyone would be!)

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

I don’t care if Kelli looks older, she’s a doll and would make a striking point! 

Bridget all the way though, she’d be like Kashara 2.0. (Which I’d be ok with, but I know not everyone would be!)

I think Kelli needs to lay off the heavy eyelashes.  They make her eyes appear smaller.  There has to be a different type of lash that would work for her. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Do they volunteer for Camp DCC or are they assigned a certain day?

It’s like a job... they apply. I went back and fixed my word usage... should not have used volunteer. I’m not sure how they choose... I think one of the girls told me it’s based on availability and possibly seniority but I’ve slept since then and may be misremembering! They are paid. 

12 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Miranda said on the podcast she plans to audition and that camps were favorite part of being a DCC. I really like her! She seems like a mature person and someone Kelli and Judy can trust. Hope she’s a 2nd Leader next year!!

Oh yay! When we spoke last summer she said she was definitely reauditioning but I’d heard rumors she may retire. I don’t listen to the podcasts. She is an absolute doll. My youngest is totally in love with her! 😂 I’ve never seen her take to a stranger the way she took to Miranda. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t see her as being distracting. I’ve tried to see what other people see, but I just don’t see it. To be fair, I’m not one who is bothered by little extra flourishes and a little extra pop from a dancer in this setting. By setting, I mean NFL power dancers. If this was the Rockettes or if I was watching the College Dance Nationals, Jazz division, I might feel differently. So, that may be why I don’t see myself as being distracted, which has a negative connotation, versus being drawn in, which is a positive. I find her entertaining.

I agree and I didn’t mean it as inherently negative. But it seems a little off balance to me when my eyes are consistently drawn to the side as opposed to the center.  The spot behind point could work,  but Gina might not be tall enough for that position. Is that Tess in the Camp DCC version? She seems to do a good job there. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kash and Lacey on the These Boots podcast today.

I just LOVE Lacey, but man it was so hard for her to get a word in edgewise because Kashara kept talking over or interrupting her!

• Love 13
13 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

she’d be like Kashara 2.0. - Not to be rude, but that isnt something to be proud of .....*Hides From Hair Flip and Wink*

22 minutes ago, Stee said:

I just LOVE Lacey, but man it was so hard for her to get a word in edgewise because Kashara kept talking over or interrupting her!

Are we shocked though, Kashara is extra...everyone comes for my Girl Gina ....Kashara legit acts like she invented DCC ....She will not be remembered in my books thats forsure

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Stee said:

Both very lovely ladies with opposite personalities. Kash looks fresh and younger stripped down without all that showtime make-up.

• Love 4

*Looks Into Future 5 Years From now*

Kashara will become the new "Cassie"....when it comes to talking about a DCC that got more than she deserved...even though Kashara is a better dancer...

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

she’d be like Kashara 2.0. - Not to be rude, but that isnt something to be proud of .....*Hides From Hair Flip and Wink*

Are we shocked though, Kashara is extra...everyone comes for my Girl Gina ....Kashara legit acts like she invented DCC ....She will not be remembered in my books thats forsure

@8dallas, are you sure you're not me? :)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

Kashara is her own person. Bridgets her own person. I like them both but don’t see resemblance in any way with either of them. Also when did Bridget hair flip and wink? 

I see a stronger Kashara Gina comparison, which in MY opinion is a GOOD thing

teams need leaders, and while they may not be everyone’s favorite or that might run people the wrong way, it’s necessary and a hard responsibility to have

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

Kashara is her own person. Bridgets her own person. I like them both but don’t see resemblance in any way with either of them. Also when did Bridget hair flip and wink? 

teams need leaders, and while they may not be everyone’s favorite or that might run people the wrong way, it’s necessary and a hard responsibility to have

I feel like, with Kashara, having an outgoing personality, talking well (but a lot), and being able to deliver talking heads (which are heavily directed, if not scripted) while appearing natural is conflated with leadership.

Kashara appears to be a very natural conversationalist and extrovert.  However, that does not a leader make.

I've not seen any evidence that Kashara has any teaching, choreographing, or problem solving skills, that I think are crucial for leadership of a dance team.  She may possess them and they've never been highlighted.

Whenever a group leader is shown teaching, for the last two years, it was Jenna, Lacey, or Maddie.  She is never part of the conversation where technique or choreography is concerned.  They talked last year about the group leaders tweaking different routines, however that was before she was elevated.

Kashara has lots of great qualities.  I'm just not ready to heap on her accolades for which have zero supporting evidence.

Edited by hypeman
spelling
  • Love 14

I have always liked KaShara but even I kept hoping she would give Lacey more of an opportunity to speak.  Maybe it's because KaShara had more to share Pro Bowl experience wise and Lacey doesn't seem as inclined to be outgoing in her speaking.  I don't know.  I just wish Lacey could have had more time, especially since it IS her time, her Pro Bowl moment.

However, for whatever it's worth (in regard to @hypeman's post above), I do recall seeing Kash teaching a routine on either last season or the season before.  Not as often as Lacey or Jenna, but IIRC, she has done so.

• Love 4
On 12/31/2018 at 7:56 PM, TexasBorn said:

That's the product of people like Judi putting their below average kids on the team, you get mutants like VK representing the "World Class" brand. 

Maybe next year the introduction will be, "Often imitated, never duplicated, your Perfectly Adequate Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders!"

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Maybe next year the introduction will be, "Often imitated, never duplicated, your Perfectly Adequate Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders!"

I will be using this every time someone complains about Kelli's favoritism towards VK. Don't hate the player folks ... 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Newmanbritt said:

Interesting. What’s the Kashara Gina comparison? For what it’s worth, I don’t really see any Kashara Bridget resemblance either, but Kashara and Gina seem pretty different both in performance style (Gina’s performance style reminds me more of Mia/Jenna), and in terms of personality, Kashara seems to be an extra extrovert, life of the party- type of person, whereas I don’t really get that at all from Gina. I don’t watch the podcasts, so most of what I see is based on the show and dance videos. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Interesting. What’s the Kashara Gina comparison? For what it’s worth, I don’t really see any Kashara Bridget resemblance either, but Kashara and Gina seem pretty different both in performance style (Gina’s performance style reminds me more of Mia/Jenna), and in terms of personality, Kashara seems to be an extra extrovert, life of the party- type of person, whereas I don’t really get that at all from Gina. I don’t watch the podcasts, so most of what I see is based on the show and dance videos. 

That’s a good point. My only comparison for Gina/Kashara is that both catch my eye in a great way, they are excellent performers

but you’re right, in other aspects they are pretty different

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

That’s a good point. My only comparison for Gina/Kashara is that both catch my eye in a great way, they are excellent performers

but you’re right, in other aspects they are pretty different

Gotcha! I agree that they’re both strong performers. With Kashara, I just find that it’s all her in face and facials. She really dances like she’s having the time of her life, and I can imagine that she really shines on the big screen at games. When it’s more of a wide shot though, and I can’t see her face, I don’t find that she pops all that much (again, just my opinion). With Gina, i just think puts an extra pop into her movements which draws my eyes in even when it’s a shot from pretty far away (in terms of facials, I think she does best with just a simple smile). So, that’s really what I meant by different performance styles. 

• Love 8

Does VK take the prep classes? I know she's all over cowboys fit and still at her own studio but haven't seen her anywhere else. The other TCC were at JennA's class according to another thread- Jasmin, Taylor, Kristin and Malena. 

3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Gotcha! I agree that they’re both strong performers. With Kashara, I just find that it’s all her in face and facials. She really dances like she’s having the time of her life, and I can imagine that she really shines on the big screen at games. When it’s more of a wide shot though, and I can’t see her face, I don’t find that she pops all that much (again, just my opinion). With Gina, i just think puts an extra pop into her movements which draws my eyes in even when it’s a shot from pretty far away (in terms of facials, I think she does best with just a simple smile). So, that’s really what I meant by different performance styles. 

This was the best I've ever heard someone explain the appeal of Kashara.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

@8dallas, are you sure you're not me? :)

HAhAhah

1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I feel like, with Kashara, having an outgoing personality, talking well (but a lot), and being able to deliver talking heads (which are heavily directed, if not scripted) while appearing natural is conflated with leadership.

Kashara appears to be a very natural conversationalist and extrovert.  However, that does not a leader make.

I've not seen any evidence that Kashara has any teaching, choreographing, or problem solving skills, that I think are crucial for leadership of a dance team.  She may possess them and they've never been highlighted.

Whenever a group leader is shown teaching, for the last two years, it was Jenna, Lacey, or Maddie.  She is never part of the conversation where technique or choreography is concerned.  They talked last year about the group leaders tweaking different routines, however that was before she was elevated.

Kashara has lots of great qualities.  I'm just not ready to heap on her accolades for which have zero supporting evidence.

100%

• Love 1

I dont dislike Kashara...., I just dont get the Fandom.... *Looks at Bridget*

I just think we forget how if Jenna, Holly, and Erica dont act out and get in trouble...Kashara wouldn't be a factor until legit this year..

Look at the Triangle last year if this mess didnt happen..Im sure it would have been Jenna, Erica, Lacey and Holly holding the diamond spot. 

Then Jenna and Erica Retire and Holly becomes point with Lacey and then maybe Maddie/Kashara/or VK *cackles*

What I will never understand is how Robin didn't get promoted over Kashara to Point when she has been a standout since her Rookie year...Im upset that favoritism over talent won again and I hate that to my core....*Kitty Carter Twirls Away*

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I dont dislike Kashara...., I just dont get the Fandom.... *Looks at Bridget*

I just think we forget how if Jenna, Holly, and Erica dont act out and get in trouble...Kashara wouldn't be a factor until legit this year..

Look at the Triangle last year if this mess didnt happen..Im sure it would have been Jenna, Erica, Lacey and Holly holding the diamond spot

Then Jenna and Erica Retire and Holly becomes point with Lacey and then maybe Maddie/Kashara/or VK *cackles*

What I will never understand is how Robin didn't get promoted over Kashara to Point when she has been a standout since her Rookie year...Im upset that favoritism over talent won again and I hate that to my core....*Kitty Carter Twirls Away*

The Favoritism went on for WAY TOO LONG when it came to those three divas and look what happened ... Like school on Saturday NO CLASS.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Oh how soon we forget ....  Jen A was as talkative about her experience at the PB while Kashara took a back seat. And everyone deemed Jen A as a "hanger-on". LMAO!

I wouldn't know.  I didn't see last year's convo. 

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I wouldn't know.  I didn't see last year's convo. 

I thought the Jen A/KaShara PB session was fairly balanced.  Both ladies contributed well.

I think three elements made the KaShara/Lacey podcast a particularly lackluster one.  First, Lacey hasn’t been to the Pro Bowl yet.  Aside from the importance of the appointment, the excitement of the announcement and the initial communication with the PBC org, she had little more to share.  Second, KaShara seemed at once tired and overly caffeinated.  She struggled with organizing her thoughts into speech in a way I haven’t noticed before.  Part of it likely had to do with carrying so much of the episode which brings me to a surprising #3—no Shannon. As a DCC fan, I find his lack of knowledge and focus on the ladies’ romantic lives off putting; however, he does a very good job providing structure to the interview and a lay person’s view of pro dance.  I found it unfair that Courtney had to run the show solo.  Clearly, she’s capable; however, it is hard to have a clean game plan when you don't know when and if your cohost will arrive.  

Overall, it feels like the episode was thrown together at the last minute, was a Ill-conceived idea and suffered due to Shannon’s absence.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, hypeman said:

Didn’t she teach the first dance in TC? There’s certainly a lot we don’t see.

• Love 4