Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Mutant, really? Yea, she had a roll going over her form fitting shorts during training camp last year & she has a large mouth & teeth, but I'd love to be a "mutant" like her (could do without last year's obnoxious personality though).

Just my opinion ... My "mutation" comment is, like Kelli said "comprehensive." I can't get over VK's body language towards Jinelle when she was telling her off. Who talks to people on the DCC staff like that? I'm blown away that Kelli didn't slap VK in the face and told her to show respect.

VK's brain is broken. Future DCC ambassador.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Just my opinion ... My "mutation" comment is, like Kelli said "comprehensive." I can't get over VK's body language towards Jinelle when she was telling her off. Who talks to people on the DCC staff like that? I'm blown away that Kelli didn't slap VK in the face and told her to show respect.

VK's brain is broken. Future DCC ambassador.

Victoria's brain isn't broken, she just hasn't been held responsible for anything she does from anyone around her.  We've seen that during the season and we heard that about her from insiders both before and during the season.  At this point, I don't see that changing until or unless something happens that forces Victoria to grow up from the spoiled princess who gets everything she wants (for the most part).  I don't think she's been told "no" very much in her life.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Victoria's brain isn't broken, she just hasn't been held responsible for anything she does from anyone around her.  We've seen that during the season and we heard that about her from insiders both before and during the season.  At this point, I don't see that changing until or unless something happens that forces Victoria to grow up from the spoiled princess who gets everything she wants (for the most part).  I don't think she's been told "no" very much in her life.

I hope you're right.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

10 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Now that VK is getting her body in better shape, I hope she goes to another dance teacher who will give her critical feedback concerning her out of control dancing & lack of finishing movements. Then she needs to take lots of hip hop classes & show them at auditions a hip hop dance. Lastly, someone to mentor her concerning smoothing out her rough edges & helping her mature.

The last two vids on her instagram are again from lyrical classes. And I’m sorry, but if someone watches these videos and still think that she’s good even in lyrical, we’ve got some problems in here. I’m not trying to be mean, but she’s bad (maybe better than Cassie to be fair)and as heavy as Caila both in her dancing and her bodytype. She can’t change that and she doesn’t have any redeeming qualities to compensate for her dancing. There are hundreds of deserving girls who get cut every year, so I can’t pity someone for not making it.

on a more positive note, Amy’s wedding looked perfect!

this is the first full video of thunderstruck I found from a dcc wedding. I kinda feel weird about Sarah doing a dance she hadn’t performed but she’s a bridesmaid soo.

https://www.instagram.com/vtranman/p/BsFYbmwhNkA/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=13duyk9ugu6cg

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, DanceChick said:

Let's lighten things up in here, shall we? My daughter went to DCC camp yesterday at the Star, and it was a blast! The girls are so nice (and skinny!) and I got so many great pics and videos. Favorites were Miranda, Briana, Jinelle, Kelli, Maddie, and Savannah!

20181231_175650.jpg.8225b9c84c5db987f681b4d0cb362374.jpg20181231_175709.jpg.5efa6518ba908e5efdbd4cb7243d9d7c.jpg20181231_175614.jpg.19b54f4c6c2197c96c1a961dd629bbda.jpg20181231_175522.jpg.d08eaca3bf629c48932cc2be296dcb96.jpg20181231_175454.jpg.701a4babf864b1af4115d021225ab85d.jpg20181231_175548.jpg.c1565972b72f7c559c62bff09b9a1b0a.jpg20181231_175417.jpg.c4e9879b4bf1623bf7ecbbe93e87e3ee.jpg

20181231_175417.jpg

Why is the one girl's face covered?

9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Why is the one girl's face covered?

A lot of parents/grandparents may show their kids/grandkids on social media, but if there is another child in the picture, will usually cover them up, out of respect for their privacy.  Or they may not have permission from the parents to show them.

• Love 19
59 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

A lot of parents/grandparents may show their kids/grandkids on social media, but if there is another child in the picture, will usually cover them up, out of respect for their privacy.  Or they may not have permission from the parents to show them.

Yep, this exactly! I'm happy to share my sweet girl's picture with you all, but my friend might not be.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

The last two vids on her instagram are again from lyrical classes. And I’m sorry, but if someone watches these videos and still think that she’s good even in lyrical, we’ve got some problems in here. I’m not trying to be mean, but she’s bad (maybe better than Cassie to be fair)and as heavy as Caila both in her dancing and her bodytype. She can’t change that and she doesn’t have any redeeming qualities to compensate for her dancing. There are hundreds of deserving girls who get cut every year, so I can’t pity someone for not making it.

this is the first full video of thunderstruck I found from a dcc wedding. I kinda feel weird about Sarah doing a dance she hadn’t performed but she’s a bridesmaid soo.

https://www.instagram.com/vtranman/p/BsFYbmwhNkA/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=13duyk9ugu6cg

OMG! I would have bought tickets to go to that. Amy looks out of this world.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Thunderstruck with no hair flips is weird to watch :-) 

also, I wish I could see better who was doing the dance.  There is a slightly better vid right now on Amy’s story, but it’sstull impossible to tell who’s in there besides the bridesmaids 

Edited by WinkyFace
  • Love 2

image.png.0a2d88f0c58189c639156659e171b3bf.png

20181231_175454.jpg.701a4babf864b1af4115Gabby Looks super pretty here, I always seem to forget about her...she was a fav of mine this rookie season..

Also, Amy looked awesome in her wedding and loved seeing Robin and Jax too..

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WinkyFace said:

also, I wish I could see better who was doing the dance.  There is a slightly better vid right now on Amy’s story, but it’sstull impossible to tell who’s in there besides the bridesmaids 

The only ones I can recognize is Amy kashara heather o Jax and Bridget 

4 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Yep, this exactly! I'm happy to share my sweet girl's picture with you all, but my friend might not be.

your daughter is precious!!!!!  Awesome to see the Jinelle and all the DCC there with her - and it makes me so happy too seeing Jackie Bob!!!!!  She has always seemed like such a doll.  The girls all looked gorgeous but with the closeups with Maddie and Kelli, you can really see they just have such beautiful smiles.  Did you get to chat more at length with any of the ladies there?  What was it like?

• Love 5
12 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Thanks for reminding me.  However, while it's tempting to classify her with a disorder, at the moment, I just think she's more a very spoiled brat who hasn't been told "no" enough in her life or given honest critiques about her dancing.  She and her mom seem the type to "shop" studios until they find the one that will tell Victoria (and Tina) what they want to hear in order to keep them (and the money) coming back.  I don't really see Victoria as pushing herself to be a better dancer and the whole "go to the gym" thing doesn't seem honest to me, like she'll quit as soon as she gets into Training Camp because she won't think she needs it any more.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, doglover0814 said:

Not seeing a ring on Bridget's finger. Is she still engaged? 

Maybe I'm not getting it from the picture, but I don't see her wearing an engagement ring from Halloween either.

15 hours ago, raindancer said:

your daughter is precious!!!!!  Awesome to see the Jinelle and all the DCC there with her - and it makes me so happy too seeing Jackie Bob!!!!!  She has always seemed like such a doll.  The girls all looked gorgeous but with the closeups with Maddie and Kelli, you can really see they just have such beautiful smiles.  Did you get to chat more at length with any of the ladies there?  What was it like?

Awww thank you! She told me yesterday that Miranda and Molly put her on the 50 for the big performance, so I guess I have a point girl lol.

I did get to chat with several, and they were all so sweet and down to earth. Jackie Bob died laughing when I called her famous. Jinelle was so sweet and asked us all kinds of questions when my daughter told her she's half Australian. I had the longest talk with Briana, who is so funny and snarky. Also talked with Maddie, Gabby, Kelli, and Gina. Miranda was the best with the girls. So much enthusiasm and you could tell she loves teaching. My daughter loved her, Savannah, Rachel W (who looked bored to me), and Molly.

If any of you super fans want to meet the girls and geek out like I did, those camps are the place to be. I know we're going back, so feel free to get in with us lol.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Awww thank you! She told me yesterday that Miranda and Molly put her on the 50 for the big performance, so I guess I have a point girl lol.

I did get to chat with several, and they were all so sweet and down to earth. Jackie Bob died laughing when I called her famous. Jinelle was so sweet and asked us all kinds of questions when my daughter told her she's half Australian. I had the longest talk with Briana, who is so funny and snarky. Also talked with Maddie, Gabby, Kelli, and Gina. Miranda was the best with the girls. So much enthusiasm and you could tell she loves teaching. My daughter loved her, Savannah, Rachel W (who looked bored to me), and Molly.

If any of you super fans want to meet the girls and geek out like I did, those camps are the place to be. I know we're going back, so feel free to get in with us lol.

THIS. LOL!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

THIS. LOL!

I think that's just her face LOL. 

Also - sitting her with the fiance watching Amy's Thunderstruck wedding dance and he says 1) Kashara needs to BACK THAT BIG BOOTY UP. I agree, the booty has def. grown LOL. 2) he asks who is the one behind Amy who can't keep up, but she's not a mom, she's a COOL MOM. 3) why is the girl in the crop dress trying (I think it's GINA) trying to make everybody look at her. She's doing it a lot more than the other ones. 4) The Bride is really pretty and looks like she's having a good time. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

Well, Gina is flipping her hair enough for compensate for everyone else. 🙄 She's in a black and silver dress to the left in the first video.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Also - sitting her with the fiance watching Amy's Thunderstruck wedding dance and he says 1) Kashara needs to BACK THAT BIG BOOTY UP. I agree, the booty has def. grown LOL. 2) he asks who is the one behind Amy who can't keep up, but she's not a mom, she's a COOL MOM. 3) why is the girl in the crop dress trying (I think it's GINA) trying to make everybody look at her. She's doing it a lot more than the other ones. 4) The Bride is really pretty and looks like she's having a good time. 

The "show off" part of the camp was about an hour long with the cheerleaders doing sidelines and the football player campers playing four "quarters." There was lots of time to watch the DCC interact with the girls. Some, like Rachel W, didn't interact at all. Miranda was leading everything with a huge smile, girls sitting in her lap, etc.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Who said all this?!

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

The "show off" part of the camp was about an hour long with the cheerleaders doing sidelines and the football player campers playing four "quarters." There was lots of time to watch the DCC interact with the girls. Some, like Rachel W, didn't interact at all. Miranda was leading everything with a huge smile, girls sitting in her lap, etc.

Ohhhh! You mean your fiance. Duh. Sorry.

41 minutes ago, Yetta said:

How about a camp for some of us 40 & 50 year olds who could pretend for an hour that we are a DCC?  LOL   I would love it!

They can make us those extra long t-shirts with a DCC uniform and figure on it.

• Love 6
On 1/1/2019 at 2:03 PM, CowboysFanatic said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! 🎇🎆🎉🎊 Check out which DCC made it in this photo.

Heather's in the number, two.

Cianna's in the number, zero.

Briana's in the number, one.

Gina's (?) in the number, nine.

Thank God they left our RW, surprise Alexis isn't in one of them. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Thanks for reminding me.  However, while it's tempting to classify her with a disorder, at the moment, I just think she's more a very spoiled brat who hasn't been told "no" enough in her life or given honest critiques about her dancing.  She and her mom seem the type to "shop" studios until they find the one that will tell Victoria (and Tina) what they want to hear in order to keep them (and the money) coming back.  I don't really see Victoria as pushing herself to be a better dancer and the whole "go to the gym" thing doesn't seem honest to me, like she'll quit as soon as she gets into Training Camp because she won't think she needs it any more.

Unfortunately, research is starting to shed light on the environmental causes that can go into whether or not a child develops a narcissistic or behavioral disorder over time. There comes a point where it's no longer just a spoiled brat who hasn't been told no much in her life and a teenager who does not have the emotional coping ability to handle being told no. The aftermath of that is frightening. One of the most jarring experiences as a mother was being told point blank by a leading child psychology in autism research, that I was catering to her autism/ocd needs so well, I was inadvertently putting her in a bubble with ODD brewing inside. Of course, I wasn't telling her no because I didn't want to, I was just refusing to put her in situation that would cause her to meltdown or feel uncomfortable---but the only way for her to learn how to cope with being told no or those feelings of being uncomfortable, was to experience them. 

Now I would never go so far as to try and diagnose VK because I don't know her and that isn't ethical, but I'd be interested to see what a work up on her would look like. There was something about her eyes during her time with Jinelle---it wasn't just bratty, spoiled princess, it read anger at being challenged or pushed. 

60 Minutes ran a 2 parter on Shayna Hubers last week. If you haven't followed that story, she shot her boyfriend 6 times and claimed self defense. She was eventually diagnosed with NPD and found guilty of murder 3 times---she lost in appeal, she was originally sentenced to 40 years. The trial was re-done because of a jury issue and she got life in prison. Anyway, if you listen to the way she was described by her mom and peers you would have never realized she was a trouble girl obsessed over a boy who couldn't handle rejection. Now, I'm not saying VK is going to kill a guy because he's trying to break up with her...but I also don't take the word of anyone who claims that she's the sweetest, most down to earth girl who just has a large personality either. Sometimes people are just off and I have always felt VK fell into that category. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Soo Maddie at point with Kelli and Gina on her sides...hmm, not bad, not great either.

Gina either needs to tone it down, or be made point. Though I guess they did keep Kashara as point when Jenna was out dancing her initially. (I know many feel Jenna continued to out dance her and many feel kashara stepped it up, but I think most agree in the beginning Jenna was out performing her. I’m not trying to rehash that debate). 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, doglover0814 said:

Not seeing a ring on Bridget's finger. Is she still engaged? 

I just did a bit of research.  Seems Bridget's IG is missing quite a few pics of her and her fiancee.  The ones that he is in are no longer tagged with his name and their wedding registry has been deleted. 

Oops!

We're having trouble finding that page.

Are you looking for a couple's registry or wedding website?

Search for the Happy CoupleStart Your Own Wedding WebsiteSee More From The Knot

7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I have no time for the DCC who don’t interact with the campers. If you’re not a kid person, that’s fine, but don’t volunteer to work camp if you’re not going to interact with the kids. It’s part of the job!

Do they volunteer for Camp DCC or are they assigned a certain day?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’ll be so sad if Miranda retires and isn’t at camp next summer. 

Not 100% positive, but I thought she said on a podcast that she plans to re-audition.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not 100% positive, but I thought she said on a podcast that she plans to re-audition.

Miranda said on the podcast she plans to audition and that camps were favorite part of being a DCC. I really like her! She seems like a mature person and someone Kelli and Judy can trust. Hope she’s a 2nd Leader next year!!

• Love 20

Listening to the podcast with Erin, Miranda and Amber.  One of them said something along the lines of possibly less than 10 of the 36 will not re-audition next year.  Other than Lacey and KaShara, do we know who else will be retiring?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Thank God they left our RW, surprise Alexis isn't in one of them. 

Gina looks good. She's growing on me.

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

When we went to camp, Miranda, Kelli Sullivan and Gina were hands down the best at interacting with the girls. Gina even recognized us 5 months later when we went to the Star for the Christmas performance and called my daughter by name. Fan for life here, I don’t care how many extra hair flips she does. 

I’ll be so sad if Miranda retires and isn’t at camp next summer. 

I have no time for the DCC who don’t interact with the campers. If you’re not a kid person, that’s fine, but don’t volunteer to work camp if you’re not going to interact with the kids. It’s part of the job!

Point for Gina. Haha pun

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Here's a video of Thunderstr--err Deck the Halls. Sorry for the poor quality.

I'm confused. Where is everyone else? And I agree with @PhilForPoint: Gina needs to be point if she's going to do all the flourishes.