Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, WickedMom said:

I am sorry if these has already been discussed, but - does anyone else find it uncomfortable that KaShara clearly finds it impossible to allow Lacey to have the ProBowl limelight??  From all her personal ProBowl experience IG and Twitter posts, to the PodCast where she totally drowned Lacey out with her incessant talking about herself.  Lacey has been so graceful about all of this.  Kelli and Judy should but a reign on her....last year or not.  

OMG. Some people have been commenting on KaShara’s Instagram saying just this. I was actually confused because I believe KaShara went to Orlando with friends and she has been posting on her social media non-stop. So much so that I was confused for a moment that she was performing as well (yes, it was a brain fart). It’s just wrong. And I’m a KaShara fan but enough. 

• Love 4

Kashara is only posting in her personal account. Casual fans won’t even know she’s there so I don’t see how she is trying to overshadow Lacey. JennK was there during Kashara’s round as well, so I guess all pbcs are trying to  steal the limelight from their successors lately. (Including the other teams considering that neither went on their own)

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 9

I don’t see anything wrong with kashara going to watch lacy dance and seeing her pbc sisters  !! Some people are thinking way to much into this she isn’t trying to steal the spotlight she is only their to support Lacey !! 

• Love 21
22 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t see anything wrong with kashara going to watch lacy dance and seeing her pbc sisters  !! Some people are thinking way to much into this she isn’t trying to steal the spotlight she is only their to support Lacey !! 

You are so right and Lacey appreciates her being there to support her.  

• Love 8

I initially had a "dang Kashara, can you let Lacey have the limelight" impression when I saw DCC retweeting all her posts (I don't follow Kashara on social media, so that's how I saw it), but in actually looking at her page and stories, it seems like a big group event with many 2018 PBCs. Therefore, I think it's fine. Had she went down there on her own to relive the glory days of last year, I would think that was kind of pathetic, but it seems like a reunion-type thing. 

• Love 4

Was everyone critical of Jenn K. last year when she posted during Kashara's PB year?  Jenn shared  several pics on her Insta reflecting her PBC days.  Along with the reunion with her PBC gals.  I'm just not seeing Kash trying to overshadow Lacey.  Kashara posted one of the best videos of Lacey's PB performances to date.  Lacey seemed genuinely touched by Kashara's support. 

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I hope Lacey had a blast.  She looked great while showing why the DCC continue to earn their reputation for being such strong performers.

Peace all.  I'm out.

laceyannalea_27_1_2019_16_34_9_713 copy.jpg

• Love 11

I feel terrible for Lacey. Not only did it rain every second of the Pro Bowl it was also around 50* the entire time with chilling wind gusts. I'm sad I didn't realize they were performing at Disney Springs last night, youngest and I almost went to dinner over there before deciding to stick to our resort because of the cold. I could have seen her. Oh well, I'll know for next year to pay more attention. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Was everyone critical of Jenn K. last year when she posted during Kashara's PB year?  Jenn shared  several pics on her Insta reflecting her PBC days.  Along with the reunion with her PBC gals.  I'm just not seeing Kash trying to overshadow Lacey.  Kashara posted one of the best videos of Lacey's PB performances to date.  Lacey seemed genuinely touched by Kashara's support. 

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I hope Lacey had a blast.  She looked great while showing why the DCC continue to earn their reputation for being such strong performers.

Peace all.  I'm out.

I don't recall seeing posts of Jenn K at Pro Bowl last year. I don't follow her on social media, so unless the posts were posted here or on the DCC pages, I wouldn't have seen it - but to answer the question, I'm not a fan of Jenn K at all, and I find her to be about 100X more annoying than Kashara (who I don't have a problem with), so yes, I probably would have found it annoying had I seen it lol. With that said, if she was at Pro Bowl with a large group of the previous year's PBC, then I think that is fine as well. It seems like a tradition, so I expect Lacey to travel there next year too. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Kashara is only posting in her personal account. Casual fans won’t even know she’s there so I don’t see how she is trying to overshadow Lacey. JennK was there during Kashara’s round as well, so I guess all pbcs are trying to  steal the limelight from their successors lately. (Including the other teams considering that neither went on their own)

Well, FWIW that is Jenn K’s MO too so none of that is surprising.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I don't recall seeing posts of Jenn K at Pro Bowl last year. I don't follow her on social media, so unless the posts were posted here or on the DCC pages, I wouldn't have seen it - but to answer the question, I'm not a fan of Jenn K at all, and I find her to be about 100X more annoying than Kashara (who I don't have a problem with), so yes, I probably would have found it annoying had I seen it lol. With that said, if she was at Pro Bowl with a large group of the previous year's PBC, then I think that is fine as well. It seems like a tradition, so I expect Lacey to travel there next year too. 

She went I’ve seen pics of her there with kashara 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She went I’ve seen pics of her there with kashara 

I’m not disputing that at all. I’m saying that I (personally) did not know that because I don’t follow Jenn on social media. Hence, I wasn’t ok or not ok with Jenn posting stuff last year because I don’t recall seeing it in the first place. 

• Love 1

My comment is on the entire slew of PBC videos......

1.  My voice is killing me.  I feel like Judy.  "LINES!!!"  "Point those toes", etc!!!!

2.  I don't get the uniform designers.  White and maybe neon yellow catch the eye from a distance.  When you put your dancers in solid red uniforms and black boots, they get lost.  At the very least, outline in white!!!  Or better yet, white overall with your colors on the white.

3.  Those Saints shoes this year.  That just looks dangerous and trashy.  If your uniform is so absurd the dancers can't dance.....well that is just stoopid.

4.  Blue eyed girl from Kansas that never made DCC, yep, could've picked her from a mile away.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Opine said:

My comment is on the entire slew of PBC videos......

1.  My voice is killing me.  I feel like Judy.  "LINES!!!"  "Point those toes", etc!!!!

2.  I don't get the uniform designers.  White and maybe neon yellow catch the eye from a distance.  When you put your dancers in solid red uniforms and black boots, they get lost.  At the very least, outline in white!!!  Or better yet, white overall with your colors on the white.

3.  Those Saints shoes this year.  That just looks dangerous and trashy.  If your uniform is so absurd the dancers can't dance.....well that is just stoopid.

4.  Blue eyed girl from Kansas that never made DCC, yep, could've picked her from a mile away.

The girl from Kansas in that pbc video she still looked waddley just like k and j said 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I initially had a "dang Kashara, can you let Lacey have the limelight" impression when I saw DCC retweeting all her posts (I don't follow Kashara on social media, so that's how I saw it), but in actually looking at her page and stories, it seems like a big group event with many 2018 PBCs. Therefore, I think it's fine. Had she went down there on her own to relive the glory days of last year, I would think that was kind of pathetic, but it seems like a reunion-type thing. 

If Kashara is only posting to her account & it's the main DCC account re-tweeting/re-posting everything, then I say it's the fault of whoever is running the DCC account, not Kashara's. She's there having a reunion (& in support of Lacey) & clearly tagging the majority of the pics pbc2018 & pbc2018reunion. She's doing her own thing, not trying to steal the limelight from Lacey.

• Love 18

Not that I would know, but I'm thinking Kashara was there to support Lacey and be a "sister."  Kashara isn't going to have a problem getting on with her life after DCC.  

If she was there to "outshow" Lacey she wouldn't be in a photo hugging her with her sweatshirt on and plain hair pulled back and not "DCC" made up.

Maybe Lacey asked her to be visible.  

Good thing VK didn't show up.  

• Love 17

I just got done watching the DCC’s Insta video posts that were up of Lacey at ProBowl events. I viewed them like tryouts: who stands out, who looks fab, who needs to go to Kitty’s, etc. I would say maaaaybe three dancers tops are on par with Lacey. Interesting how different the dance styles are of the NFL teams which is why I think so many are not on the same level, technique wise. I loathe the stiletto boots with dancer uniforms. It’s too much, too much😂 

• Love 3
On 1/28/2019 at 11:18 AM, hannahbanana said:

If Kashara is only posting to her account & it's the main DCC account re-tweeting/re-posting everything, then I say it's the fault of whoever is running the DCC account, not Kashara's. She's there having a reunion (& in support of Lacey) & clearly tagging the majority of the pics pbc2018 & pbc2018reunion. She's doing her own thing, not trying to steal the limelight from Lacey.

Didn't Lacey say as she was leaving for PB that she would be "taking over" the DCC IG account and posting during the week?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, J-R said:

Didn't Lacey say as she was leaving for PB that she would be "taking over" the DCC IG account and posting during the week?

The DCC posted on their twitter account that Lacey was taking over the DCC Instagram stories, but I think it is all the re-tweets of Kashara's tweets from her account to the main DCC account that people are talking about.

Cowboys Cheerleaders @DCCheerleaders Jan 21

And she’s off!! @DCC_Lacey is on her way to the #ProBowl in Orlando, FL as the DCC’s representative! Lacey is taking over the DCC Instagram story for the week, so be sure to follow along with her!

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

The DCC posted on their twitter account that Lacey was taking over the DCC Instagram stories, but I think it is all the re-tweets of Kashara's tweets from her account to the main DCC account that people are talking about.

Cowboys Cheerleaders @DCCheerleaders Jan 21

And she’s off!! @DCC_Lacey is on her way to the #ProBowl in Orlando, FL as the DCC’s representative! Lacey is taking over the DCC Instagram story for the week, so be sure to follow along with her!

Is it Courtney who does that?  I still don’t see what the problem was.  Other than Pro Bowl, what else was going on?

• Love 1

Is this list of the squad I found on Wikipedia accurate?   Thanks.

2018 - 2019 Squad (link to wiki)

Veterans: Alexis Peterson, Amy Leonall (what's her married name now?), Christina Riccelli, Gina Ligi, Heather O'Connor, Jessika Palmer, KaShara Garrett, Kelli Sullivan, Khalyn Cole, Lacey Munoz, Lauren Parker, Lexie Sullivan, Madeline Massingill, Miranda Tims, Molly Neumeister, Rachel Alexander, Savannah Heineken, Tasha Cruz, Tess Guidry, and Yuko Kawata.

Rookies: Alanna Tarango, Amber McMillan, Ashlee Ford, Brennan Cook, Briana Baisden, Bridget Jacob, Caroline Sundvold, Cianna Levi, Daphne Janes, Erin Sauerhage, Hannah Anderson, Gabby Goduco, Jalyn Stough, Madeline Molloy, Rachel Wyatt, and Taylor Johnson

Edited by DCCFanInKy
formatting
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Is it Courtney who does that?  I still don’t see what the problem was.  Other than Pro Bowl, what else was going on?

I don't know who does it. There really wasn't a problem -- a few just thought Kashara was over-shadowing Lacey with all of the re-tweets. I don't think the DCC had anything else really going on except a birthday or two.

• Love 1
On 1/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Not that I would know, but I'm thinking Kashara was there to support Lacey and be a "sister."  Kashara isn't going to have a problem getting on with her life after DCC.  

If she was there to "outshow" Lacey she wouldn't be in a photo hugging her with her sweatshirt on and plain hair pulled back and not "DCC" made up.

Maybe Lacey asked her to be visible.  

Good thing VK didn't show up.  

I agree. Kashara could have stayed another year, but she knows how to go out gracefully.

1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't know who does it. There really wasn't a problem -- a few just thought Kashara was over-shadowing Lacey with all of the re-tweets. I don't think the DCC had anything else really going on except a birthday or two.

Exactly, nothing else is going on, so why drum up DRAMA that doesn't exist?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Veterans: Alexis Peterson, Amy Leonall (what's her married name now?), Christina Riccelli, Gina Ligi, Heather O'Connor, Jessika Palmer, KaShara Garrett, Kelli Sullivan, Khalyn Cole, Lacey Munoz, Lauren Parker, Lexie Sullivan, Madeline Massingill, Miranda Tims, Molly Neumeister, Rachel Alexander, Savannah Heineken, Tasha Cruz, Tess Guidry, and Yuko Kawata.

Rookies: Alanna Tarango, Amber McMillan, Ashlee Ford, Brennan Cook, Briana Baisden, Bridget Jacob, Caroline Sundvold, Cianna Levi, Daphne Janes, Erin Sauerhage, Hannah Anderson, Gabby Goduco, Jalyn Stough, Madeline Molloy, Rachel Wyatt, and Taylor Johnson

Looks good to me

4 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Amy Feril

• Love 1

I’m back and I’m BORED. Usually we’ve heard by now who’s retiring (other than the obvious Lacey and Kash). I need a scandal or shocking exits or something. Zzzz

So who’s everyone voting for point? I’m assuming Amy is retiring too so that takes another senior girl out. That puts Maddie as their better dancer style wise, but I think Khalyn has a strong shot at it. She doesn’t pop as much right now, but I really like her in this vid. Lexie is also likely the next blonde point if not next year, maybe down the road. 

• Love 8

I see Lexie above the other three, just for glam factor. I think Amy is cute as a button, but just don’t see it happening. Khalyn has been injured too much, tho maybe they’ll bring back rotating point?

• Love 4

As usual, there will be some DCC Vets who aren't coming back next season. Anyone have some definites? 

I gather Lacey is retiring, and from some comments, KaShara? I'd hoped KaShara would be a 5 year girl, though she's done everything that could be done except ProBowl. She endeared me to her right from the start with her, "These shorts are shorter than my attention span" remark. Love her! Is Amy coming back, since she just got married...?

7 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

As usual, there will be some DCC Vets who aren't coming back next season. Anyone have some definites? 

I gather Lacey is retiring, and from some comments, KaShara? I'd hoped KaShara would be a 5 year girl, though she's done everything that could be done except ProBowl. She endeared me to her right from the start with her, "These shorts are shorter than my attention span" remark. Love her! Is Amy coming back, since she just got married...?

She was PBC last year...

kash pbc.jpg

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Gina, Daphne, Bridget/Jalyn is my new triangle picks. I think Maddie and Khalyn will retire. 

Besides my obvious vote (did you see him rock solos with Jackie Bob?), based purely on watching videos of the DCC dancing and none of the leadership/rulebreaking/sorority/stepping up crap, I think Gina is the best choice.  I don’t think Maddie has the look to be where she is in the triangle. And definitely no farther forward. I also hope she retires this year, rather than either become point or get “demoted”. But my opinion is worth exactly what y’all are paying me for it...

• Love 7

I’m going to miss Lacey. She had an appeal from the firstseason when she kicked herself in the nose. I have just always liked her and I too have enjoyed watching her grow.

She was 18 when she auditioned right? If so she’s one of the few arguments in favor of keeping the age limit at 18.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I’m back and I’m BORED. Usually we’ve heard by now who’s retiring (other than the obvious Lacey and Kash). I need a scandal or shocking exits or something. Zzzz

So who’s everyone voting for point? I’m assuming Amy is retiring too so that takes another senior girl out. That puts Maddie as their better dancer style wise, but I think Khalyn has a strong shot at it. She doesn’t pop as much right now, but I really like her in this vid. Lexie is also likely the next blonde point if not next year, maybe down the road. 

I am bored too.  I figure Khalyn will retire.  She was injured quite a bit and seemed to miss alot of performance time.  I would love to see Bridget at point.  Please not Gina or Maddie.  If a more senior vet is needed for point, Lexie is my pick.  

• Love 10

I seem to remember hearing on one of the podcasts they expect only 10 spots to be open next season.  For lack of anything else to do, can we play the "Who are the 10 retiring game?"

1-Lacey (for sure)

2-KaShara (for sure)

3-Christina (I HOPE)

4-Khalyn (injuries)

5-Lauren (moving on...)

6-Tasha (moving on...)

7-Yuko (yawn..)

8-Jessica (I do not really mind her but...a bit yawn..)

9-Heather O (Maggie and KaShara will be gone)

10-Maddie/Kelli/Amy - ?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, J-R said:

I am bored too.  I figure Khalyn will retire.  She was injured quite a bit and seemed to miss alot of performance time.  I would love to see Bridget at point.  Please not Gina or Maddie.  If a more senior vet is needed for point, Lexie is my pick.  

Be careful what you ask for .... Someone will start a nasty rumor that Cassie is having an extramarital affair with a married DCC sponsor, or something along those lines.

1 minute ago, J-R said:

I seem to remember hearing on one of the podcasts they expect only 10 spots to be open next season.  For lack of anything else to do, can we play the "Who are the 10 retiring game?"

1-Lacey (for sure)

2-KaShara (for sure)

3-Christina (I HOPE)

4-Khalyn (injuries)

5-Lauren (moving on...)

6-Tasha (moving on...)

7-Yuko (yawn..)

8-Jessica (I do not really mind her but...a bit yawn..)

9-Heather O (Maggie and KaShara will be gone)

10-Maddie/Kelli/Amy - ?

Wow. That's a lot of vets. That leaves Gina, Rachel, Molly, Savanah, and who else?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Be careful what you ask for .... Someone will start a nasty rumor that Cassie is having an extramarital affair with a married DCC sponsor, or something along those lines.

Wow. That's a lot of vets. That leaves Gina, Rachel, Molly, Savanah, and who else?

I was just guessing all Rookies would re-audition.  Miranda is for sure staying.  Lexie, Tess and Alexis are other Vets.

Edited by J-R
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, J-R said:

I was just guessing all Rookies would re-audition.  Miranda is for sure staying.  Lexie, Tess and Alexis are other Vets.

I think you're right, with the exception of Yuko. She seems like a career cheerleader with her Japan pro-cheer past.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I think you're right, with the exception of Yuko. She seems like a career cheerleader with her Japan pro-cheer past.

I think that Amy and Kelli will stay.  Just a hunch.  Maybe someone has more "insider" info.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, J-R said:

I think that Amy and Kelli will stay.  Just a hunch.  Maybe someone has more "insider" info.

Neither was ever a favorite of mine, but when so many star cheerleaders have left, Amy and Kelli seem like a breathe of fresh air. Reliable, good dancers, no drama, and mature. 

Count me as a NO to Gina at point. Her extraness would stand out poorly. I’d rather have three more precise girls dancing up front. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Stee said:

Neither was ever a favorite of mine, but when so many star cheerleaders have left, Amy and Kelli seem like a breathe of fresh air. Reliable, good dancers, no drama, and mature. 

Count me as a NO to Gina at point. Her extraness would stand out poorly. I’d rather have three more precise girls dancing up front. 

100% agree with everything.

• Love 7

I hope Heather had a good year and is asked to stay on as a leader. She would be a good point imo. Please don’t put Gina up front-she always looks like she’s dancing on her own and even Holly who was arguably a better dancer was able to tone it down and be part of the team. Plus, i can’t stand her facials and this is the most photographed spot... she can get Maddie’s spot as she seems to be out of most frames in the posted videos...

as to who will retire:

1.Kashara

2. Lacey

3. Maddie

4. Khalyn

5. Christina

6. Lauren

7. Yuko

8. Tasha

9. Jessika

10. Tess

so basically almost all senior vets will leave.. i do hope Heather/Tess/Amy/Kelli stay not because I like them that much (apart from Heather), but because they truly need some senior vets on the team...

• Love 4

I can see Heather leaving, especially with her bestie Kash leaving too. I don't hate Lexie but I don't like her either, she seems kind of plastic to me. My vote for point is Amy and the underdog Tess. Amy because she would be a 5th year and is super sweet and has a girl next door vibe. Tess because I think she's underrated, very pretty, and I think her being tall she would def stand out in a positive way. 

• Love 3
On 1/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Of the 32 NFL teams, six don't have cheerleaders:

1. Chicago Bears

2. Buffalo Bills

3. Cleveland Browns

4. New York Giants

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

6. Green Bay Packers

I don’t trust a football with no cheerleaders!  It’s UnAmerican.  They’re probably Russian spies 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I hope Heather had a good year and is asked to stay on as a leader. She would be a good point imo. Please don’t put Gina up front-she always looks like she’s dancing on her own and even Holly who was arguably a better dancer was able to tone it down and be part of the team. Plus, i can’t stand her facials and this is the most photographed spot... she can get Maddie’s spot as she seems to be out of most frames in the posted videos...

as to who will retire:

1.Kashara

2. Lacey

3. Maddie

4. Khalyn

5. Christina

6. Lauren

7. Yuko

8. Tasha

9. Jessika

10. Tess

so basically almost all senior vets will leave.. i do hope Heather/Tess/Amy/Kelli stay not because I like them that much (apart from Heather), but because they truly need some senior vets on the team...

Agree again. All of this. After listening to all of the podcasts I really like Tess. She's classy and funny. I hope she stays 

Edited by J-R
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

In all honesty, especially with what vets we know are retiring and which ones we know are returning, who do you realistically think will get point next season? 

Tess or Amy. Anyone as long it's not Gina 

• Love 7