Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Moderation glitch :)

ETA:  Never mind.  The No Spoilers tag is now gone.  I'm going to wait to post until the dust settles around here, lol.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

I remember seeing VK wearing a watch during some episodes in TC, and have seen Jenn K occasionally with one on to.

I guess it doesn't matter so much in TC.  I noticed several of them wearing what looked like Fitbits or Apple watches.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is there a group photo on the site where you can hover over and see their names ?

No. But even if there was, the names would probably be wrong, LOL.

Row 1 (top): Jalyn, Cianna, Taylor, Hannah, Erin, Allana, Brennan
Row 2: Amber, Madeline Molloy, Caroline, Gabby
Row 3: Ashlee, Christina, Rachel Alexander, Rachel Wyatt, Daphne, Bridget, Briana
Row 4: Miranda, Jessika, Yuko, Khalyn, Lexie, Lauren, Molly
Row 5 (kneeling): Amy, Savannah, Tasha, KaShara, Madeline Massingill, Kelli
Row 6 (seated): Gina, Lacey, Alexis, Tess, Heather

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I think sometimes the group here is more concerned with rank than anyone in the DCC organization, LOL.

I think the team absolutely cares where they’re situated in pictures, placed in dance formations, featured, etc. They probably aren’t obsessed about it, but I think they definitely care. I honestly can’t think about any organization, including jobs, that I’ve ever been in or had, where people (generally, there’s always singular exceptions) did not care about rank....whether it was a sorority composite, a the high school cheerleading formation, the letterhead at work, etc...people tend to care. Now, it varies between each person as to how much they care, but I’ve found that little things like that (like a new person coming in and being placed above someone else on the letterhead), which may seem trivial, can easily lead to lingering bitterness. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Attorneys for sure.

Of course lol. I remember when i first started at my first firm, I didn’t even know that it existed until other attorneys griped about being jumped by somebody else. I was at the bottom of the list, so i didn’t care lol, but they did!  

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Attorneys for sure.

corporate america for sure... how long will it take to get an office with a door (ie a step up from a cube)... then trying to outlive someone to get an corner office.. seniority gets more vacation, and/or 1st choice of vacation days..title/position determines who gets their own conference line...no telling how long one must be there to get their own phone/credit card , parking spaces, leaders get recognized by name while the rest is referred to as "their team"...

{trying not to be bitter...)

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think the team absolutely cares where they’re situated in pictures, placed in dance formations, featured, etc. They probably aren’t obsessed about it, but I think they definitely care. I honestly can’t think about any organization, including jobs, that I’ve ever been in or had, where people (generally, there’s always singular exceptions) did not care about rank....whether it was a sorority composite, a the high school cheerleading formation, the letterhead at work, etc...people tend to care. Now, it varies between each person as to how much they care, but I’ve found that little things like that (like a new person coming in and being placed above someone else on the letterhead), which may seem trivial, can easily lead to lingering bitterness. 

Oh, I didn't mean that the organization doesn't care or the women themselves don't care. But I find it interesting that the viewers have internalized the "DCC Way" so much that they seem to care sometimes more than the people are are actually affected by it.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Oh, I didn't mean that the organization doesn't care or the women themselves don't care. But I find it interesting that the viewers have internalized the "DCC Way" so much that they seem to care sometimes more than the people are are actually affected by it.

Oh ok. I see what you mean. I do think though that even if the girls care really deeply about these things (or anything), they would be unlikely to show that to anyone, other than amongst themselves.  In most workplaces, people are cautious about complaining about things, but I think the DCCs take it to the extreme, with the "just be happy you're here" nonsense. I think with most companies in corporate America, while the companies still retaining the power, they understand on some level that they have to have enough benefits or incentives to keep workers. With the DCCs though...I think they really drink the koolaid that they are the best and that if you want to be there, you take what they give and don't complain or ask for better. That's how it comes off to me at least.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Kayce said:

image.png.ecd3ff469181a25a59b149c600c0f2b4.png

Ok:  Just my opinion (and I know what that's worth) I like Gina but do NOT like her position in the picture.  Her smirk is off putting...draws my eye but not in a good way. Kelli would have been better where Gina is and vice versa.   Cianna...the appearance of the freakishly long arm...what were they thinking when they finalized this? Lacey should be where Alexis is...just for the sheer fact that she is their most senior vet and deserves that spot.  If she is what they say the epitome of a DCC is...give her the spot she deserves!!!  Alexis is gorgeous and will have another season to be there I have a feeling.  This is probably the most disjointed squad photo I've seen in the past thirteen years.  Yuko is the only one pulling on her top...looks weird and there is too much of a gap between her and Jessika.  There's too much gapping on that row period.  There's a huge gap between Lauren and Lexie as well. Not Judy's best staging work.  

You are so right. The picture is a hot mess. Honestly, it's like the whole VK issue had them so distracted it threw off everything including their professional eye. And that's no slight on VK. That's the fault of leadership. Looking at this picture, no one seems really happy. Every smile looks nearly forced to me. Gina's position makes her look like she is her own team, poor Lacey looks like that person trying desperately to get into a picture, "don't forget me", posture, and Alexis has a tension that says, "should I really be sitting here?" I had said I feel like this season cheated us by having such an imbalance, but I think the Rookies entire TCC to DCC experience was tainted by the mess. I hope they are truly enjoying dancing and performing now and feeling free of the uncomfortable proverbial elephant in the room no one want's to talk about. Or perhaps those are smiles of, "thank God's this is over with"? SO far their performances look good. I wish we had seen some Showgroup stuff. You know what, there are some really great rookies with endearing qualities. I hope they highlight them heavily the remaining season. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Oh ok. I see what you mean. I do think though that even if the girls care really deeply about these things (or anything), they would be unlikely to show that to anyone, other than amongst themselves.  In most workplaces, people are cautious about complaining about things, but I think the DCCs take it to the extreme, with the "just be happy you're here" nonsense. I think with most companies in corporate America, while the companies still retaining the power, they understand on some level that they have to have enough benefits or incentives to keep workers. With the DCCs though...I think they really drink the koolaid that they are the best and that if you want to be there, you take what they give and don't complain or ask for better. That's how it comes off to me at least.

YES...THIS and MORE. For the life of me, I can't figure out how they tout "empowered women" while also stripping them of all power and "voice" They should not be demoted to great dancers and world-class puppets. These ladies are amazing when not tainted and have great things to say. It's such an oxymoron life, DCC life. I am not saying its all bad, or anything close to that. Just as a mother I worry for them sometimes. But I so agree @Jess14 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

For the record I would have never seen the long blue arm. But now that someone pointed it out, I can't see anything else! I wonder if TPTB have noticed?

Lexie's arm looks a little like the other long blue arm too 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Kayce said:

KaShara, Lacey and Amy should have been the three center positions (where Lacey, Alexis, and Tess are now) 

I love Heather.  She is such a natural beauty!

Sigh...if they could all have jump splits like Kelli or Lacey....

image.thumb.png.cdc92f71e3020eff549e75c07e7f6c98.png

I have such a girl crush on Khalyn!!! She is beautiful!

OH my...pic 18 of Gina..Yikes!  Never thought I would say it, but Christina is pretty photogenic.  There are several pics of Maddie where her hair is standing straight on end...like on of the little troll dolls from years ago.

Edited by MssdDrms
Finished thought
  • Love 2

Ok can someone please do me a favour as I’m still on a “can’t tell their faces apart still/pretty confused on the girls placement when looking via mobile” can someone do a name check on their position in the squad photo please? I seem to only place Gina sitting in front row to our left and amy right behind her and Lacey next to her. Which I did t get why amy isn’t sitting on the floor and why a 2nd year is sitting front and centre. I thought front row was always has seniority and then second row is next highest etc

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kayce said:

KaShara, Lacey and Amy should have been the three center positions (where Lacey, Alexis, and Tess are now) 

I love Heather.  She is such a natural beauty!

Sigh...if they could all have jump splits like Kelli or Lacey....

image.thumb.png.cdc92f71e3020eff549e75c07e7f6c98.png

I have such a girl crush on Khalyn!!! She is beautiful!

I wish Khalyn would smile like this for her cameo photos.  I think she might smile with her mouth closed for the cameos and calendar shots because of her small gap in her front teeth, but I think she looks beautiful with her teeth showing, the gap is very small and many people find that attractive.  She is stunning!  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, CrazyEve said:

Ok can someone please do me a favour as I’m still on a “can’t tell their faces apart still/pretty confused on the girls placement when looking via mobile” can someone do a name check on their position in the squad photo please? I seem to only place Gina sitting in front row to our left and amy right behind her and Lacey next to her. Which I did t get why amy isn’t sitting on the floor and why a 2nd year is sitting front and centre. I thought front row was always has seniority and then second row is next highest etc

SleepyJean did in an earlier post:

5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

No. But even if there was, the names would probably be wrong, LOL.

Row 1 (top): Jalyn, Cianna, Taylor, Hannah, Erin, Allana, Brennan
Row 2: Amber, Madeline Molloy, Caroline, Gabby
Row 3: Ashlee, Christina, Rachel Alexander, Rachel Wyatt, Daphne, Bridget, Briana
Row 4: Miranda, Jessika, Yuko, Khalyn, Lexie, Lauren, Molly
Row 5 (kneeling): Amy, Savannah, Tasha, KaShara, Madeline Massingill, Kelli
Row 6 (seated): Gina, Lacey, Alexis, Tess, Heather

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Remember Jenna-gate last year. Yea, her timing & who/how she asked about still being point was stupid, but TPTB give the impression (at least to me) that you're not supposed to ask about or show you really care about your position, status, etc. As you said, you're supposed to just be grateful that you've been "given" the "honour" of being a DCC.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think the team absolutely cares where they’re situated in pictures, placed in dance formations, featured, etc. They probably aren’t obsessed about it, but I think they definitely care.

Whenever this discussion comes up I always think of Gina's talking head on the show last year during solos. She said something along the lines of, "Solos are more my forte...I've never liked blending into the crowd, I always want to stand out and be noticed." Whether or not you like Gina, I thought that was telling (girl is definitely chasing point!). While plenty may be "just happy to be there," I can't imagine the more senior girls that are further back in the triangle (Jessika and Amy come to mind) love the spot they're in. But who knows. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, fanofKaShara said:

Do you think Kelli gets attached to any of these women? I wonder if retirements ever depress her. At least Judy sheds a tear once in a while.

I normally would say Kelli is a professional and it's best to leave her feelings at the door.  This year certainly is the exception with her clouded judgement.  That said, cutting vets at Finals has gotten to her, Whitney retiring, certain girls they get attached and Kitty used to come in and say "why is she here?" and it's really because they like her and then they admit it is their time to go.  I imagine school teachers have ones they miss and others they are glad their season is done. :)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I wish Khalyn would smile like this for her cameo photos.  I think she might smile with her mouth closed for the cameos and calendar shots because of her small gap in her front teeth, but I think she looks beautiful with her teeth showing, the gap is very small and many people find that attractive.  She is stunning!  

She's gorgeous ...little gap or not!! I wish her cameo had this smile as well ;) 

11 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Sure didn't stop Lauren Hutton!

Nope it sure didn't :) 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I normally would say Kelli is a professional and it's best to leave her feelings at the door.  This year certainly is the exception with her clouded judgement.  That said, cutting vets at Finals has gotten to her, Whitney retiring, certain girls they get attached and Kitty used to come in and say "why is she here?" and it's really because they like her and then they admit it is their time to go.  I imagine school teachers have ones they miss and others they are glad their season is done. :)

Kelli and Kitty certainly had clouded judgement this year.  Kelli because of Victoria and having last year rattle her confidence in being able to judge people accurately, Kitty in that she was advocating so much for Victoria when we've seen her take people to task for the very things she was essentially saying "Give Victoria a pass on this".  I don't doubt Kelli's usually a very good judge of people and character because of the organization she's with and how long she's been there (and the group she's directing), but we've also seen her give the benefit of the doubt to girls with dance issues (some more major than others) because they're pretty.  Her excuse for giving them more time or putting them on the team?  "But she's so pretty"  Yes, there's been favoritism, but she's been able to hide it AND it's been pretty subtle (other than Cassie) to a degree, though people still knew it was there.  Now, Kelli's cage has been rattled for two years in a row, first with the Jenna/Holly/Erica issues last year (and, to a lesser degree, the year before), girls leaving after the season started, and now Victoria-gate.  She hasn't been able to leave her feelings at the door and it showed.  She didn't like that people she didn't personally know or invite have questioned her judgement even if she was doing so herself. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, fanofKaShara said:

Do you think Kelli gets attached to any of these women? I wonder if retirements ever depress her. At least Judy sheds a tear once in a while.

I think Kelli should give more women a hug when they get cut i.e. Kristin.

I do think Kelli has feelings and does get attached to some more than others. However, she's been doing this job for long time, and she knows this is how it goes. This job has no longevity. Most girls stay between two and three years, so someone is always leaving, whether by her choice or theirs. There have been over 200 women on this team since the show alone, even more since Kelli became director, and that's just the ones who made the team. She's had to say goodbye a lot.

As for the hugging, I think she should only do it when she wants to. Or not at all. If she started giving out perfunctory "there, there" hugs, it would feel insincere and weird for both herself and the girl she's hugging.

12 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I think she's pretty, but I don't care for the gap. It could be partly why I don't find her as amazing-looking as some others do.

• Love 3

I’m not sure if this will come out right, it’s been difficult to put into words. However, we heard multiple times this season about this being the most talented group of ladies (each year, blah blah it’s the same thing) and thus making it the most difficult year to make cuts/reach their 36. I actually call that crap. Between the obvious cuts that were saved until the last two weeks of camp and some that were unwarranted (imo Lily), it should have been way easier. Why keep Malena so long? VK? Kristin? Of course K can’t say “it’s actually been difficult because I just couldn’t let go of my VK until the very last minute, giving her all this time to prove me wrong about the obvious decision I need to make” which really irks me. Was it truly that difficult to make these cuts OR did you make it difficult on yourself? As a professional and the Director, I’m disappointed tbh. 

This is not to say the rookies aren’t talented because as we’ve seen many bring a lot to this squad. I just don’t like hearing of the “difficulty” of this process over and over again when proper judgement could have been made earlier in camp and cut it from maybe 10 weeks to 9 or even 8. Ok, Rant over. ?

• Love 8

I continue to stan for Yuko’s Instagram. Between her recent adorable video with the tongue tattoos and her wishing her cat Wasabi a happy National Cat day I am just over here like ?

• Love 15
On 10/29/2018 at 8:21 AM, Kayce said:

image.png.ecd3ff469181a25a59b149c600c0f2b4.png

Ok:  Just my opinion (and I know what that's worth) I like Gina but do NOT like her position in the picture.  Her smirk is off putting...draws my eye but not in a good way. Kelli would have been better where Gina is and vice versa.   Cianna...the appearance of the freakishly long arm...what were they thinking when they finalized this? Lacey should be where Alexis is...just for the sheer fact that she is their most senior vet and deserves that spot.  If she is what they say the epitome of a DCC is...give her the spot she deserves!!!  Alexis is gorgeous and will have another season to be there I have a feeling.  This is probably the most disjointed squad photo I've seen in the past thirteen years.  Yuko is the only one pulling on her top...looks weird and there is too much of a gap between her and Jessika.  There's too much gapping on that row period.  There's a huge gap between Lauren and Lexie as well. Not Judy's best staging work.  

Did they not do the squad photo video .... couple of times it was a extra ... kinda of liked that part ...... boo

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Did they not do the squad photo video .... couple of times it was a extra ... kinda of liked that part ...... boo

Not this season :( 

I liked that part too!

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Since it is true confession time, if I had an outie belly button I would have to get it inny-ed.  

Why are we talking about belly buttons?  What did I miss?  And while we are having the belly button confessionals, I have to say (and I have been reluctant to say), I hope Gina doesn't make point because I don't like her belly button.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Opine said:

Why are we talking about belly buttons?  What did I miss?  And while we are having the belly button confessionals, I have to say (and I have been reluctant to say), I hope Gina doesn't make point because I don't like her belly button.

Exactly!

• Love 3

The new video posted on Facebook is a great insight into game day and we can actually see who is who finally! Loving Gina owning her moment leaving the locker room too! She may be a show off but I would be too if I was a powerhouse! 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

The new video posted on Facebook is a great insight into game day and we can actually see who is who finally! Loving Gina owning her moment leaving the locker room too! She may be a show off but I would be too if I was a powerhouse! 

This?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This?

Awww.  That was nice.  Did Rookie Rachel get her hair cut? Or was it all just out of the picture?  Rookie Madeline practiced her sexy "look down, look up" camera face.  My favorite in the montage was Erin, she definitely looked like all that.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I’m not sure if this will come out right, it’s been difficult to put into words. However, we heard multiple times this season about this being the most talented group of ladies (each year, blah blah it’s the same thing) and thus making it the most difficult year to make cuts/reach their 36. I actually call that crap. Between the obvious cuts that were saved until the last two weeks of camp and some that were unwarranted (imo Lily), it should have been way easier. Why keep Malena so long? VK? Kristin? Of course K can’t say “it’s actually been difficult because I just couldn’t let go of my VK until the very last minute, giving her all this time to prove me wrong about the obvious decision I need to make” which really irks me. Was it truly that difficult to make these cuts OR did you make it difficult on yourself? As a professional and the Director, I’m disappointed tbh. 

This is not to say the rookies aren’t talented because as we’ve seen many bring a lot to this squad. I just don’t like hearing of the “difficulty” of this process over and over again when proper judgement could have been made earlier in camp and cut it from maybe 10 weeks to 9 or even 8. Ok, Rant over. ?

Let's be real, they have to say how difficult it it is to choose and how talented the ladies are. They have to say it loudly and often. I mean, that's the whole point of the tv show. Exclusivity and a high level of talent/competition are a key part of their brand and their mystique. It's part of what makes them special and important, so it behooves them to reinforce that message over and over. That's just marketing, LOL.

I do think it's difficult to choose this team and cut the 24 rookie candidates down to the 16 who made it. Some cuts do seem obvious. But I know how crappy the storytelling can be on this show, and how the producers play fast and loose with reality, accuracy, and the order of events. It makes me very cynical/suspicious. Malena notwithstanding, I find myself wondering whether some cuts seem obvious because they really are that obvious, or because the 300-400 hours of training camp are being boiled down to those moments that make them seem obvious?  We know that all of the girls get notes all the time from Kelli, that the cameras aren't there every night, and that we don't ever see or hear about the office visits that happen on the nights they don't film. Hindsight is 20/20 and sometimes things are not so obvious while the story is unfolding as they are at the end of the story.

Anyway, that's how I see it. I don't take anything on this show at face value.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
Just now, CowboysFanatic said:

I liked how they ended it with Lacey, Amy, KaShara and Maddie. Especially since they're group leaders.

IMO what could have made it better, though, would be, as GLs, if their segment included only the four of them.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Let's be real, they have to say how difficult it it is to choose and how talented the ladies are. They have to say it loudly and often. I mean, that's the whole point of the tv show. Exclusivity and a high level of talent/competition are a key part of their brand and their mystique. It's part of what makes them special and important, so it behooves them to reinforce that message over and over. That's just marketing, LOL.

I do think it's difficult to choose this team and cut the 24 rookie candidates down to the 16 who made it. Some cuts do seem obvious. But I know how crappy the storytelling can be on this show, and how the producers play fast and loose with reality, accuracy, and the order of events. It makes me very cynical/suspicious. Malena notwithstanding, I find myself wondering whether some cuts seem obvious because they really are that obvious, or because the 300-400 hours of training camp are being boiled down to those moments that make them seem obvious?  We know that all of the girls get notes all the time from Kelli, that the cameras aren't there every night, and that we don't ever see or hear about the office visits that happen on the nights they don't film. Hindsight is 20/20 and sometimes things are not so obvious while the story is unfolding as they are at the end of the story.

I agree.. this wasn’t my first season to watch. It’s just frustrating and as a viewer, kind of lame for lack of a better word to see the same bs over and over again. Only this time with personal inhibitors. Please add something new, different, exciting, and not the same crap next season. I mean I’ll probably still watch (?) but it doesn’t make it any less annoying and boring overall. If you’ve had the same people watching this show for 13 years, for the love, please give us something good. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

This?

One of these days I'm going to get a screen shot of that wall that shows the cheerleaders holding their arms over their heads with "America's Sweethearts" written on it, and photoshop it to read "America's Torsos."

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Thank you @sleepyjean for keeping me focused on the fact this is a show. I wish I could trust things are as transparent as its presented. Up to when they started the fan vote, impressions seemed more informational, but its so much "show" in the show. Rewatching some old seasons, I did hear the broken record of "best group of rookies", "worst part of my job", because cuts are so hard. After about the 5th season of hearing that I mentally deleted that as being truthful ( just in a generalized way). Not that no one is hard.

How cool would it be to have the history channel or whoever,  something do a six-part series that does an in-depth documentary style filming? Capturing the whole DCC culture. Someone on here mentioned a version of that already I think.  For example, If National Geo was to do a factual story, wow that is intriguing. I would totally watch 6, 2-hour specials on it. 

Oh and help me here, my favorite isle for dummies is closed for renovations...what does Jenny-gate mean? HEY! Stop that, no fair laughing at the board's new village idiot. I'm fragile :) 

• Love 3