Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Rachel is really tanned---over tanned, imo, so I can't tell if she's added to this or it's the lighting. But I think it's important to remember that Bruno Mars is not actually black, so while I think it's a poor choice of costume given her job I'm not sure it reaches to the level of the last scandal. For reference, Bruno Mars is half Puerto Rican half Phillippino. 

rach.JPG

rachelwyatt.JPG

If this didn't label Brennan, I would have never figured out who this was. Her costume was on point.

brennan.JPG

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 2
Just now, Loves2Dance said:

Rachel is really tanned---over tanned, imo, so I can't tell if she's added to this or it's the lighting. But I think it's important to remember that Bruno Mars is not actually black, so while I think it's a poor choice of costume given her job I'm not sure it reaches to the level of the last scandal. For reference, Bruno Mars is half Puerto Rican half Phillippino. 

rach.JPG

rachelwyatt.JPG

If this didn't label Brennan, I would have never figured out who this was. Her costume was on point.

brennan.JPG

Wow that looks nothing like Brennan! Also agree, Rachel needs to lay off the tanning for a while. 

Just now, BananaBreads said:

Wow that looks nothing like Brennan! Also agree, Rachel needs to lay off the tanning for a while. 

Yup. Her hair color is basically her skin tone with a few streaks of blonde and her teeth are so white they glow. She has an old school stepford wife look to her that I think screams old school beauty, but she would really benefit from skipping the spray tanner for the next 6 months. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BananaBreads said:

Rookie Rachel is dressed as Bruno Mars and her costume is way too close to blackface for me...

It doesn’t look like she has anything on her face other than her already too dark spray tan she has had all season. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I was going to say that i wonder if the wrong Person will see that and say she is racist 

Or the right person. Come on now, she went too far if she even looks like she's darkening her skin to be anybody besides like maybe Jersey Shore people who are already darkening themselves or orange like Pres. Trump.

I totally believe the posters who predicted she'll be done in a year and using this as some springboard for whatever. 

7 hours ago, BananaBreads said:

Rookie Rachel is dressed as Bruno Mars and her costume is way too close to blackface for me...

ME TOO. Have we learned NOTHING? I mean they SPECIFICALLY went through all this with Whitney a few years ago and how even with innocent intentions IT IS NOT OK. Cut her now. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Oh, but positive note, BRENNAN. Love it. 

Also Lacey is going to have a HARD TIME detaching from DCC. Bless her heart. 

I'm willing to bet Lacey will become an All Star! She would be an ideal candidate for it! LOVE Savannah and Molly as Kelli and Judy lol, they have a great sense of humour! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KatieC said:

It doesn’t look like she has anything on her face other than her already too dark spray tan she has had all season. 

Exactly. She's just super tan. I'm sure something like that has been discussed, and she would know better. It's definitely the poor lighting too.

• Love 6

I was looking at some of the biographies, and had to laugh at this from Gina's.  Maybe she turned herself around because she read THE book last year :)  

WHAT FAMOUS PERSON (DEAD OR ALIVE) WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE DINNER WITH? WHY?

I would love to have dinner with Jackie O. She is the epitome of class!

• Love 5
19 hours ago, 8dallas said:

19. Kashara - She is to big for her boots and still gets outdanced by Lacey/Khalyn.

1. Lacey - Supreme Queen 

I may be in the minority here, but I agree!  Kash I felt has been too big for her boots.  I don't think she should have been point this year or last year, IMO.  And I love Lacey!  I am sad she is retiring.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

This was my fav costume of the girls, Savanah dressed up as Kelli and Molly as Judy. 

E044428D-6E6F-4BB7-B0EB-055505DE6EEB.png

Okay, that is amazing.

If we were going by what's on the show, though, Judy's bubble would just say "LINES!"

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Okay, that is amazing.

If we were going by what's on the show, though, Judy's bubble would just say "LINES!"

Not a fan of Savannah but I LOVE THIS !!!!

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Okay, that is amazing.

Puppy Dog Hands = Woof. That stool! 

1 minute ago, Kayce said:

Not a fan of Savannah but I LOVE THIS !!!!

Yeah me neither but thsi makes me think she might actually have a personality besides scared rabbit deer in headlights. 

I'd personally make Judy's sign say THIS IS A MESS or Y'ALL ARE MESSY. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

I may be in the minority here, but I agree!  Kash I felt has been too big for her boots.  I don't think she should have been point this year or last year, IMO.  And I love Lacey!  I am sad she is retiring.

giphy.gif

• Love 9

Okay, I'm not a dancer, but admire anyone who has ever been a dancer, drill team member, etc. So, I'm asking why, or what, would keep Lauren from being point next year? Is she retiring? Is she not powerful enough? What? IMHO she is the entire DCC package: looks, figure, personality, etc. I mean, look at these pics! Someone please enlighten me. Thanks!

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Muckypup61
added pictures
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

This was my fav costume of the girls, Savanah dressed up as Kelli and Molly as Judy. 

Is Savannah wearing Kelli's actual dress?   She wore that dress recently!

• Love 3

Y'all I'm not mad at Tara, but it amazes me how nobody ever talked about her and as soon as she's cute she's the #1 FAVE. 

I thought Tara was awesome from the first second I saw her last season. Her look and the way she danced made her my favorite candidate from the first episode last year. I always liked Kitty until she bashed Tara. HATE that she is gone now.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, MrClean said:

Y'all I'm not mad at Tara, but it amazes me how nobody ever talked about her and as soon as she's cute she's the #1 FAVE. 

Exactly how I feel. I'd keep her over vets Jessika, Christina, maybe Rachel, Savannah, Yuko, etc. Heck I'd even keep her over Maddie and Amy L. based on looks. Won't even get started on the rookies. But suddenly #1 fave? Ok. 

Tara - get in touch with Raylee and get you a Disney job. You'd make the best Cinderella. 

Tara reminds me of a blond Kate Beckinsale. 

• Love 4

I always liked Tara. I liked that she didn't have big hair and that she didn't seem robotic.  Kitty bashing her and essentially saying she wasn't cute only made me root for Tara more. I'm not ready to burn down the Star over her, but I do think that if she was having some sort of emotional trauma that Kelli and Judy should have given her the courtesy of cutting her off-screen rather than doing it before the cameras.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I'm sorry, but this is a total over-reaction. People are just looking for things to be upset/offended by these days. Simply dressing up as another person who happens to be a different race/has a different skin color (& not changing your skin color -- that's Rachel's normal color) than you is NOT blackface. If you are making fun of them/being derogatory, then, yes, there is a problem; but not by simply dressing as them. Blackface is perpetuating stereotypes. Even black people can commit blackface. It's not about skin color, it's about how black people have been & are continuing to be portrayed:

http://black-face.com

I would add to this that Rachel also has mixed Asian heritage. She is 1/4 Japanese.

• Love 4

Clearly this isn’t Rachel’s normal tan. She’s an idiot...whether she crossed the line I’m not sure but just stay away from darkening your skin color for a Halloween costume !

F04644DC-7BB1-442F-933F-41C2B6B84FA8.jpeg

Edited by Aggielife
  • Love 17

Long time lurker, first time poster - am I the only one who noticed that “worthwhile” is misspelled on one of the posters they have shown in the DCC intro video? I took a screenshot - let’s see if I can figure out how to post here :) 

53910BD7-1BA1-49A1-ADDF-2563F81CD4BE.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Midwestisbest said:

Long time lurker, first time poster - am I the only one who noticed that “worthwhile” is misspelled on one of the posters they have shown in the DCC intro video? I took a screenshot - let’s see if I can figure out how to post here :)

I see proofreading is a problem across the board, not just on the website. #worldclass

• Love 17
15 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

rach.JPG

rachelwyatt.JPG

brennan.JPG

Brenna looks much prettier w/ sunglasses on and not smiling like that.  Hides all the things that are wrong w/ her facials when she dances (weird eyes and tounge sticking out).

35 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

Clearly this isn’t Rachel’s normal tan. She’s an idiot...whether she crossed the line I’m not sure but just stay away from darkening your skin color for a Halloween costume !

Yeah - not too smart - gosh, do these girls not know what happened to Whitney?  Making one self another race for Halloween is just not a good idea - especially if it’s a white person doing it. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

That’s cute.  Savannah really looks like Kelli.  I think Molly could have found a much better wig for Judy, but the outfit is on point. 

• Love 6
On 10/31/2018 at 8:31 PM, 8dallas said:

I think compared seasons before and now, that rookie class in Looks and Dance the squad just didnt impress. Megan C. was a good dancer I just always  annoyed me with her facial expressions it was always this hole smile like she was on uppers or somthing, Amy T. was alright. I love Robin she should have gotten the Rookie of The Year. Holly was a problem child waiting to happen, I saw it her Rookie year on the field. Jax was the most un DCC looking girl if there ever was one. Claire/Bess/Stephanie/Amy bland, boring, forgettable. sorry.

Jax was literally a dark haired Cassie. The resemblance is scary. 

53 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

Brennan looks like a different person. Miss almost USA can’t be stupid enough to do this publicly, so I assume she just turned Trump-orange from all the spray tanning.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I think other vets and rookies should have been cut before Tara, and shes so pretty, but where is all this love coming from now?

Just my opinion...Tara made it through finals & she was pretty much forgotten about (like many who don't particularly stand out).  Once a vet gets through finals, they are pretty much thought to be safe, unless something extraordinary happens.  So here's Tara, coasting through TC.  Sure, she was told she was being outperformed, but she's a vet, should be an easy fix.  Then bam, TC is almost over, and she gets dumped, which caused an outpouring of sympathy, especially when it appeared that rookie candidate VK was given a lot more leeway.  If Tara had been cut at finals, sure people would feel bad for her, but I don't think she'd be getting the love from that like she is from what happened to her.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Jax was literally a dark haired Cassie. The resemblance is scary. 

Brennan looks like a different person. Miss almost USA can’t be stupid enough to do this publicly, so I assume she just turned Trump-orange from all the spray tanning.

This is clearly coloring your skin to match another individual's race and ethnicity. It's clearly acceptable to the Dallas Cowboys organization and the leadership of DCC, more specifically. It is not overreacting to understand the horrendous history of blackface or any other similarly discriminatory caricature of another race that was less "acceptable" than white. There is overreacting because of what someone said, then there is actually needing to react because of actual actions of people like Rachel. No fear, the DCC don't care. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Midwestisbest said:

53910BD7-1BA1-49A1-ADDF-2563F81CD4BE.png

Argh! Now the Grammar Nazi in me is clawing at the screen and gnashing their teeth!

• Love 3

Every time I come on here I learn something new! I didn’t know Orange was a race. These are  crazy times ?. & Rachel is so pretty and sweet! Love her!! 

Also, that misspelling really bothers me. There should have been at least a million proofs and edits done before even thinking about printing. Let alone prior to delivery and then upon hanging it up.. jeez.

• Love 16