Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/29/2018

• Start Topic

Wasn't the point of Elsa's character to show that her 'power' was uncontrollable because it was driven by fear? And that it was love and vulnerability that truly made her a strong person? Meghan embraced the Ice Princess tag but that wasn't the version of Elsa that represented strength. Maybe she needs to ask a 7 year old girl to explain it to her. 

Joy is goals in life. I hope I'm that full of life and humour at her age. She looked amazing! I really liked Whoopi's costume as well. I thought Abby had fun with her costume which was great though it looked very off the rack as did Meghan's while the others had costumes that looked more customized. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Tosia said:

Joy is 75 years old, right? So, how does Meggie get off calling her "bitch", even in "fun," like when Joy came back from her vacation?  It's just not right to me that this jerk would treat an older woman, even a bawdy, outspoken lady as Joy can be, that trashily. I know Joy seems eons younger than her real age,  but she will always be more intelligent, classy, witty, and personable than Meggie could ever dream to be, and it seemed a dumb wannabe joke by Meggie. Can you see Meggie calling Abby, "Bitch", in the same way? I don't think so;  Abby seems decent.   Save it for your bestie,  Erica Jayne, Meggie.

This has been bothering me for a long time.  She is constantly disrespectful to Joy, who is not only older than she is, but also has seniority on this show, more life experience, etc, etc.  Which is not to say that younger people always need to defer to older people, but a certain level of respect is certainly called for, especially when appearing on national television.  There are ways to disagree without talking down to people, screeching at them, repeatedly stating it's her job to educate the others, etc.  The level of disrespect that she shows is completely out of line.  And yes, Joy is far more intelligent, classy, witty, and personable than MM could ever hope to be, which is what really makes it almost laughable to me.  I say "almost" because even though I've seen it many times, it always makes me cringe when I see her treat Joy the way she does.  It's the true sign of a real brat.  

On 10/29/2018 at 4:10 PM, Haleth said:

Wow.  That pic says it all.  What a brat.  

Absolutely.  She is clearly full-out sulking.  She's probably often had that very same look on her face since age 3.

On 10/30/2018 at 3:29 PM, blondiec0332 said:

It's Meghan's perception that drinking makes her cool or a "real American" or a ball buster or whatever that is the problem.  From how she describes her drinking it's not like she enjoys a glass of wine with dinner.  She talks about drinking to excess.  And not when she was younger but recently.  She might not be an alcoholic but she does sound like a binge drinker who can't handle her alcohol.

I wonder sometimes if perhaps she doesn't drink as much as she says, but rather is trying to appear "cool" because in her mind someone who drinks is cool, fun, and popular, and all the things she really wants to be.  I don't doubt that she drinks, but she's such a phony baloney in so many ways that I take everything she says with a huge grain of salt.  I think she doesn't like the way she's perceived, and wants to change that so she talks about having millions of close friends, getting drunk, being a wild child, etc. because in her mind she thinks people will like her more.  And despite all of her "tough chick" talk, she's desperate to be liked.

• Love 18

I’m a sucker for the Halloween shows cause I like to see the costumes. These were fun!

but I am here to say Radar Online (so take with big grain of salt) has a story that Meghan Kelly is being courted to join The View.   Hmmmm.  Discuss amongst yourselves......

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well, I was being kind saying curvy rather than barrel bodied.  HA!

Fact is fact, nothing subjective on this one.  Lol.  It isn’t mean to make a valid observation. 

• Love 4

Gotta say that Meghan may be immature, spoiled, self-centered, arrogant, argumentative, rude, misled & misleading, &, on occasion, positively vile, but she's physically beautiful (with a good appetite!)  IMO she looks best in tailored clothes, such as the red suit, white blouse & strands of pearls she wore last week, with her (fake?) hair in a knot - but then she spoke...

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

What is RBG?  Royal bitch ?

Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  She is known as the Notorious RBG by those of us who love her and hope she lives forever.

1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Notorious RBG for the win.  I need to see the movie BTW.  

The movie is very good.  It's on Hulu.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  She is known as the Notorious RBG by those of us who love her and hope she lives forever.

The movie is very good.  It's on Hulu.

Thanks, I am among her adoring fans. I don’t register on letter abbreviations quickly. .  ;*)

• Love 4

Whoopi just told Sunny she looks beautiful today. Of course she does but are we in upside down world? Whoopi is being very kind to Sunny lately.

Joy is right - Trump never criticizes Fox News, ever. Abby and Meghan had nothing to say about that. "Enemy of the people" to him means the news organizations that report things he doesn't like.

4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

11:06 -- "My father.."

You beat me to it. She even included Abby's father for good measure.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
19 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Poor Elsa didn't deserve that. If she was going to do Disney, McCain should've dressed up as Monstro from Pinocchio, considering one of these days she'll probably overturn the table or fall off her chair having one of her daily tantrums.

Too bad she didn't listen to people here who accurately described her as Nellie Olsen. That would've been the perfect costume.

Oh! Nellie would have been A*W*E*S*O*M*E! One thousand xs Yes!

• Love 13

Trevor Noah is a national treasure. I loved Jon Stewart on the Daily Show, but Trevor has been doing an amazing job as well. They're different, but that doesn't mean one is better than the other. 

Also, when Abby mentions her father it usually pertains to the topic, unlike Meghan who brings him up whenever.

• Love 22

I only watched yesterday's episode because I knew it was pre-taped and there wouldn't be any fire breathing from RBM. I just can't with her anymore. Today is a special day for me that everyone has once a year and watching RBM being disrespectful to her co-hosts, audience and viewers would only ruin it. I commend those of you who can still watch this show. I tried to watch a couple times last week and didn't make it very far.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Candace Owens is a despicable human being and I hate that she's getting any acknowledgement at all.

And Kanye West "stepping away from politics" is code for "this isn't good for my brand anymore." He's still cancelled in my book. 

His sneakers have taken a hit financially.  This a business move and not a come to Jesus moment on Kanye's part. 

Candace Owens is vile, she makes Megan palatable.  Her insipid Blexit movement has roots in Russian bots on twitter,   She too is being used, but, she thinks she is so smart in leading a movement nobody cares about.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And Kanye West "stepping away from politics" is code for "this isn't good for my brand anymore." He's still cancelled in my book. 

7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

His sneakers have taken a hit financially.  This a business move and not a come to Jesus moment on Kanye's part. 

I think he can feel which way the wind is blowing but I think the damage is already done.  He has alienated a lot of his fans and his support of Trump isn't going to win him any new fans.  Pretty sure Trump's base wont' suddenly start listening to Kanye.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Candace Owens is vile, she makes Megan palatable.  Her insipid Blexit movement has roots in Russian bots on twitter,   She too is being used, but, she thinks she is so smart in leading a movement nobody cares about.

Oh Candace is getting played like a fiddle. Shortly after the Judge Jeanine Pirro fiasco, she tweeted that The View should bring her on. I pray to God they never take her up on that offer. 

• Love 7

I don't even know who Candace is. Is she on Fox?

Loved Sunny, Joy, and Whoopi debating with Geraldo.  It was nice to hear adults having a rational conversation without shrieking or pouting. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 22

And I love how Whoopi is making sense, which is rare, in explaining to Meghan and Geraldo the reasons why nobody blamed Bernie Sanders for the baseball shooting last year. Bernie never encouraged his supporters to body slam reporters or call journalists "the enemy of the people."

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Consider yourself lucky. She's a frequent commentator on Fox but she rose to fame after making a "coming out" video to her parents about being a black conservative on youtube last year. 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Yes, but, she has been trying to get on mainstream networks to raise her visibility in the country.  They never want to stay on Fox in their echo chamber.  She glommed onto Kanye like a tapeworm, using his fame for her personal gain and now it has backfired on her.  Kanye has repudiated her. 

Look her up on youtube and see the horror for yourself, have a stiff drink and be prepared to be horrified.  She is so young, but, filled with rage, hatred and bitterness. It is unreal.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

last week was a reported 11:06 too, I guess that's her limit.

Yes, 11:06 seems to be her thing.  She'd probably be dropping it even earlier, at say, 11:04 or 11:05 if it wasn't for Whoopi sucking up a few minutes with her dumbass "Welcome to the View!  Welcome to the View!  Welcome to the View!  Welcome to the View!!"  and the time it takes them all to settle in and greet each other. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yes, 11:06 seems to be her thing.  She'd probably be dropping it even earlier, at say, 11:04 or 11:05 if it wasn't for Whoopi sucking up a few minutes with her dumbass "Welcome to the View!  Welcome to the View!  Welcome to the View!  Welcome to the View!!" 

I like watching Joy when Whoppi is doing that.  Its sets the tone for day.  LOL

• Love 14
Just now, TV Diva Queen said:

I like watching Joy when Whoppi is doing that.  Its sets the tone for day.  LOL

Ha!  Me, too!  Joy's face = My face.  Joy has the patience of a saint and a tolerance level much higher than mine. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

John Stewart is correct in saying that the media gets played by 45.  They never focus on his policies, but, in his inane tweets that are meant to distract us.

Abby, let me introduce you to Rachel Maddow, she is a journalist who does not make anything about her. Her motto on her show regarding 45 is watch he does and not what he says.  

When Abby was talking about journalists who make it about themselves, I felt like she was regurgitating a rightwing talking point and would have bet $100 she couldn't name anyone who does that (or at least, couldn't name anyone about whom that was true).

Then Geraldo Rivera came on. Glad I didn't make that bet.

Of course, because Geraldo has become a conservative of sorts, then I figured Abby probably didn't even mean him.

Then, I remembered how, earlier this week, Abby surprised me by citing the fact that Russians come and rent/buy Trump properties and have their children there to give them "birthright citizenship." I knew that, probably because I watch Rachel Maddow, and she's been all over all-things-Trump/Russia for two years, but I did not expect this lightweight to know it, never mind cite it during a criticism of Trump's demonization of immigrants (I know Abby isn't a Trumper, but she's usually pretty pointless on this show, and shies away from criticizing Trump very much; she's a both-sides-er).

Then I wondered if Abby said the thing about journalists who make it about themselves, because Geraldo was a guest.

Do her still waters run that deep, or am I giving her way too much potential credit? 

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

Today is a special day for me that everyone has once a year and watching RBM being disrespectful to her co-hosts, audience and viewers would only ruin it.

Happy Special-Day-for-You-that-Everyone-Has-Once-a-Year, @Jaded

IMG_1647.JPG

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Loved Sunny, Joy, and Whoopi debating with Geraldo.  It was nice to hear adults having a rational conversation without shrieking or pouting. 

You don't want to know who Candace Owens is. You don't want to google her. You don't want to read her twitter feed (I only see it, when it somehow gets retweeted or replied to in mine). She's a glory hound, who's currently exploiting her black-female-conservative unicorn status as a hardcore Trump stan. 

1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

Trust, if Jason Segel had been waiting at my house all naked like Burt Reynolds in Cosmopolitan, we would have broken up after the fact....damn he looked good today I have been crushing on him since Sex Tape.

During the second half of HIMYM's long run, Jason looked awful for few years. I remember worrying about him. I was so glad to watch him this morning, and to listen to him, and see him so healthy and on top of things. 

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Love 9

Sunny does look especially good today.  Her clothes are often too busy so the black with a low neckline is smashing.  Good hair and makeup, too. I don’t think Whoopi was sucking up, she has no need to do that. 

Abby,  no need to know your dad had a melanoma on his leg that he had removed without incident.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Wings said:

Abby,  no need to know your dad had a melanoma on his leg that he had removed without incident

Also, no need to know that Meghan was the first person she called.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Trevor Noah is a national treasure. I loved Jon Stewart on the Daily Show, but Trevor has been doing an amazing job as well. They're different, but that doesn't mean one is better than the other. 

Also, when Abby mentions her father it usually pertains to the topic, unlike Meghan who brings him up whenever.

I love Trevor Noah as well. It was hard to get used to him at first but he is amazing.  Still miss Jon Stewart. 

You are absolutely right about Abby. I'm not a huge fan but Abby is growing on me...not that I like her but I appreciate her as compared to MM. Sorry I really wasn't trying to make excuses for not disliking Abby? I see it does appear that I'm doing that.

Geraldo Rivera never fails to remind me why I dislike him. He'll make one good point then sucks up and makes excuses for Trump. ?

Joy's  Whoopi's, and Sunny's costumes were really great.  Joy's was bad ass. ?

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Wings said:

Sunny does look especially good today.  Her clothes are often too busy so the black with a low neckline is smashing.  Good hair and makeup, too. I don’t think Whoopi was sucking up, she has no need to do that. 

Abby,  no need to know your dad had a melanoma on his leg that he had removed without incident.  

Sunny did look good. I think it was the lipstick I noticed it right away. It looked amazing on her. I love  a dark lipstick but this lighter shade on sunny worked on her.

• Love 5

Now Abby is making every topic about Meggie.  She tells us about her father's cancer, then says that she called Meggie first, then talks about how Meggie asks her if she is crying too much on TV, then boosts her up saying she is strong or something like that.  Why does every topic become about Meggie?

• Love 15

What's the Vegas spread on how long until Meghan and Abby are no longer BFF's?  The last couple days, I've seen Abby throwing some shady looks at MM.  MM is gonna get pissed because "we" like Abby better, and Abby is gonna be like "WTF kind of person is she??? and why haven't I realized this before?" 

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I love Trevor Noah as well. It was hard to get used to him at first but he is amazing. 

I had to warm up to him, also.  Now, I find him great!

25 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Geraldo Rivera never fails to remind me why I dislike him

I'm wondering why these shows think he's relevant.  His time is long gone.

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

MM is gonna get pissed because "we" like Abby better,

I suppose it's statistically accurate to say I like Abby better.   I DO NOT LIKE ABBY.    I REALLY do not like Meghan.   I dislike Meghan "better."

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Not crazy about Ahbee. but I think she mentioned the cancer so people will get checked. If melanoma is caught early there is survival. 

Yes this. she pretty much made a point of saying that. I thought it was a good thing to do. When Katie Couric's late husband was fighting colon cancer, she made her cause and was a constant on-air advocate for screening. I'm not saying Abby's going to do that, but I think it was good she used her platform this way.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Abby, let me introduce you to Rachel Maddow, she is a journalist who does not make anything about her. Her motto on her show regarding 45 is watch he does and not what he says.  

This is the SECOND TIME Abigail Huntsman has told me that "some journalists" make it all about themselves.

I've requested this before and she provided no answer:  NAME THEM!

• Love 16