Type keyword(s) to search

Eric & Leida: Put It In Proper

• Start Topic

I don’t remember “90-Day Fiancé” as being a “freak show” type of reality TV (like “Extreme Cheepstakes”, “Hoarders”, or “My Strange Addiction”, for example).

Anfisa’s story almost felt Housewivesy/Kardashian-esque, almost, and that went viral because YouTubers did all these commentaries about how outrageously straightforward and even “admirably honest” she was about her gold-digging venture with Mr. Weed Entrepreneur (which is how I discovered this show in the first place).

At best, it was documentary-style.

How the hell did it end up like this after 6 seasons? I’m kind of upset that an Indonesian was the one to make this happen too.

And they smell so immigration-fraudy it’s ridiculous that it’s even so boldly on TV if the government or whatever agency investigates visa fraud don’t AT LEAST ATTEMPT to look into it, they’re going to look incompetent as hell...

Edited by CSS.MD
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I usually try to read all of the posts before I chime in, but I couldn't wait this time. These two clowns are really making me see red. And why is he always carrying the half-conscious kid around?

Some users on the episode threads keep commenting on how she never touches the kid and her big sister is always the one tending to him.

I feel like he’s just a YouTube prop.

I love my cats off-screen more than what we’ve seen on American TV.

(Granted I haven’t been on her YouTube channel or any of her social media for ages since she replied to my comment on YouTube because it gives me anxiety. But from what I remember she posts about “motherhood” a lot, and one of her first YouTube videos was of Agnes Monica who’s famous for “going international” and making it big in America—that’s a HUGE GIVEAWAY to her motives of being on this show.)

Edited by CSS.MD
WTF is “we’be” and why did incompétente autocorrect not change it to “we’ve”? I demand ANSWERS! 🙎🏻‍♀️🥤
  • Love 2

I’m so grateful that I joined this forum because if it weren’t for other commenters on this board who told me about:

• Her taking screenshots of loads of other people and drawing penises on their faces;
  • All the other times she picked fights with viewers of the show online;
  • The time Instagram took her down for harassment/abuse/online bullying (shame on TLC for not doing anything/giving her a warning—some of us watch this show for ESCAPISM, because we’ve got real-life adult problems and we watch it to take our minds of our life issues, but when a reality person starts picking on audiences online, it makes the show an issue instead of entertainment, and it’s shameful that TLC can’t grasp this basic concept, it’s called the “entertainment” industry for a reason).
  • Posting updates on Tasha’s lives where she explains that Leida’s been stalking her friends since before she even came to American;
  • How Leida triggers Tasha’s anxiety (like she did with me).

I would probably still have anxiety and feel really stressed out right now.

It’s great to know that I’m not alone. Obviously I feel awful for Tasha and all of Leida’s other targets, but it’s just a relief that I was never specifically targeted, and she’s the problem.

It’s not that I couldn’t look up her social media on my own because I was too busy or too lazy to do my own research, but that stuff really gives me anxiety. This is the only place that feels safe. So thanks a bunch! 💛💛💛💛

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

I don’t remember “90-Day Fiancé” as being a “freak show” type of reality TV (like “Extreme Cheepstakes”, “Hoarders”, or “My Strange Addiction”, for example).

Anfisa’s story almost felt Housewivesy/Kardashian-esque, almost, and that went viral because YouTubers did all these commentaries about how outrageously straightforward and even “admirably honest” she was about her gold-digging venture with Mr. Weed Entrepreneur (which is how I discovered this show in the first place).

How the hell did it end up like this after 6 seasons? I’m kind of upset that an Indonesian was the one to make this happen too.

And they smell so immigration-fraudy it’s ridiculous that it’s even so boldly on TV if the government or whatever agency investigates visa fraud don’t AT LEAST ATTEMPT to look into it, they’re going to look incompetent as hell...

90 days used to be a little simple show about real couples and the struggles they face dealing with the K1 visas. They were all a little weird, but endearing and honest. Danielle and Moho were the catalyst into freakshow  reality show "star" territory.   Now each season it feels like TLC is trying to cast more and more outrageous situations and terrible people.  Basically they are trying to outdo Danielle to bring the ratings.  Danielle exploded this show into the sideshow freakshow that it is today.  Danielle and Moho were the gateway drug that led us to Ledia and Eric.  I feel like more and more each season couples try to be outrageous and standout so that they get invited back for more seasons and spinoffs.  I wish TLC would just feature couples on one season and then move on to shut the attention whores down; maybe give an update every couple of seasons or so, but don't encourage these people to try and be reality stars. Pao was on season one and she was relatively normal then; she and Russ were sweet.  Then after the Danielle crazy and the formation of Happily ever after- Pao upped the crazy to ensure she would be asked back for future seasons.  I still don't understand the extra seasons of Danielle......they were both scammers that scammed each other;  yes they gave us great memes, but one season of seeing Danielle snivel over Moho was enough.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 10

I would make the turn at  season 3. It was the first one produced after the couples were able to see for themselves how TLC was going to tell the story and no cast member was going talking about "the documentary" anymore

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is Leica really a doctor?  I'm thinking that's why she didn't go home when she saw the situation!  Also doesn't her baby's  daddy want him back home?

It seems as in American terms she finished a pre-med college major instead of our potential doctors taking some kind of hard science like biology or chemistry before being accepted to a medical school.  Judging from previous comments there is still a formal medical schooling to go throw and she was not going straight from college to and apprenticeship/interning status.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

So, apparently Leida was a teacher in Japan, NOT a doctor in Indonesia. This makes a ton more sense. If her life was so great in Indonesia, why did she leave for Japan? And why does she make it seem like she was living as a doctor in Indonesia?

https://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsrepublic/news/local/baraboo-man-appears-on-reality-tv-show--day-fiance/article_8efdda49-9803-5bdd-9347-405ba2499fca.html

Those poor young minds... 😔

My heart aches for them. 😢💔

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Leida wanted Eric to apply to be on 90 day fiance, and that was one of her conditions for getting married. She wants to be a model and actress, and wants to be on TV. That's all that she cares about, IMO. 

Ooooh! I KNEW it! I KNEW it was all 100% her idea instead of Eric’s (even if dude looks like he needs a side-hustle).

Hell, I could use a side-hustle in January 2019 myself and I still wouldn’t want to be on “90DF”. Not with the turn to a more “freak show”-ish vibe! 😣

42 minutes ago, iwasish said:

She doesn’t even talk to her own kid and she teaches!! 

Well, she may not talk to him, but she sure talks a lot about him on her YouTube channel... 😐

It’s ironic how she did a video about “bullying”, but then she got sanctioned on Instagram for bullying/harassment herself.

I really hope Alessandro grows-up alright, though. 💛✨

• Love 4

Shame on Leida for making us look like SAVAGES who don’t understand that fathers should be legally-required to look after their minor offspring.

”Child support” exists in Indonesia.

Scammer.

• Love 8

Leida/Aya/whoever this conwoman is today telling me she never claimed that she was “filthy rich” in mid-November 2018:

Watch_Out_Guys001.thumb.jpg.e8a62f0b620521324e8365c136863b40.jpgWatch_Out_Guys002.thumb.jpg.aa6816473e7fc94c9620d9400c521ca7.jpg

“Leida” in an episode filmed circa June (CMIIW) 2018:

B1AA76B0-4D40-47A9-B784-A539BD2719C7.thumb.jpeg.6dbce6efd44f5a7092aec5fe78949ade.jpeg

461C9F4D-66D1-4B4A-A01C-5C620F828DFC.thumb.jpeg.dd9ba3f06bf04c75df57199d498d552b.jpeg

5EB3BF4A-F969-466B-BBE0-58FD593126CB.thumb.jpeg.e17317c0b2102023dcbcb05472e98c2d.jpeg

D5017888-5E79-4293-90E4-6EF504E4E2F3.thumb.jpeg.59cb0ff238ca16913fa70fbd87ff8c86.jpeg

DA530C92-C9B9-442A-A59A-F44711A00EAF.thumb.jpeg.c46f8ad48bd1d2a40bf258de32ecbcc8.jpeg

AD6032E9-346B-445B-B225-05F005C5F599.thumb.jpeg.18b99f088e071f79298d63a5a97e6f7d.jpeg

22C0D781-D156-4E51-AB1D-EE62CA51D65D.thumb.jpeg.550fe61c5ecc75bceb6042ee51f13279.jpeg

08677661-B953-477A-9F69-10F61B33ADE8.thumb.jpeg.1b27892c4882e2e898d0d42814bce0d5.jpeg

172D50C0-3A31-41BB-87FE-5326748E8CB8.thumb.jpeg.6c38836b051d6336e1a920078aa8d9c3.jpeg

B471B76E-04B5-4064-AC42-DE7C2F9E9CB9.thumb.jpeg.90b1f31d937ca3409dc3d641fac808f8.jpeg

F5A7E959-8E13-4BD1-A726-9B1E3D707675.thumb.jpeg.4172d233005067831ef9314c35e2c1e9.jpeg

BC8148F4-A993-487B-A812-A61D1A3DE23D.thumb.jpeg.74c7f32973630042778169f059c4c2ae.jpeg

B0CDF51F-41BB-465F-B53D-40F9B514DF5E.thumb.jpeg.fa901049d96447e8591b27cbd3a695f2.jpeg

D6E11209-6979-4AB9-88A4-5101363652BB.thumb.jpeg.5b4c84db45f360e32a0b2ee744501e98.jpeg

AAAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHHHAHAHHAHAH. 😂😂😂😂💛🤣🤣💛💛💛💛😂💛💛🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂

• Love 11

image.png.0e1a5e981cf3ee56fe02010c076d39aa.pngCSS.MD: Does this confirm Leida was studying medicine when she was in the Miss Indonesia 2009 pageant? 

32. SUMATERA SELATAN
LEIDA MARGARETHA (Leida)
Semester II Kedokteran Umum Universitas Kristen Indonesia
13 Mei 1989

her profile (translated) Studying in serious majors such as medicine does not necessarily make Leida stop doing her hobbies. Leida, who likes to draw various types of anime (Japanese cartoons), this realist and caricature has won a 'special' rating on Computer Science lessons on the subject of website design when she was in third grade of high school. Leida, who was born on May 13, 1989, claimed to want to follow in her father's footsteps as an ontology surgeon. He was also very happy to write and used to diligently send his writing to be displayed on the school's wall.

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

CSS.MD: Does this confirm Leida was studying medicine when she was in the Miss Indonesia 2009 pageant? 

32. SUMATERA SELATAN
LEIDA MARGARETHA (Leida)
Semester II Kedokteran Umum Universitas Kristen Indonesia

Yes, UKI is a real/legitimate university in Jakarta!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

her profile (translated) Studying in serious majors such as medicine does not necessarily make Leida stop doing her hobbies. Leida, who likes to draw various types of anime (Japanese cartoons), this realist and caricature has won a 'special' rating on Computer Science lessons on the subject of website design when she was in third grade of high school. Leida, who was born on May 13, 1989, claimed to want to follow in her father's footsteps as an ontology surgeon. He was also very happy to write and used to diligently send his writing to be displayed on the school's wall.

I know this is a translation error (for oncology?), but "ontology surgeon" sounds exactly like something Leida might claim to be.  

10 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

B1AA76B0-4D40-47A9-B784-A539BD2719C7.thumb.jpeg.6dbce6efd44f5a7092aec5fe78949ade.jpeg

These flowers don't quite look like the ones she showed the florist in Baraboo... I bet it's because she didn't have these photos on her phone, so she innocently googled up a photo which is very similar (except for the flowers and venue).

(I take it back - saw a photo of her and her family in wedding garb in front of those same flowers - not sure on the cost, but that was her wedding.

Edited by sconstant
new info
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, sconstant said:

(I take it back - saw a photo of her and her family in wedding garb in front of those same flowers - not sure on the cost, but that was her wedding.

Looks like one of those fake backdrops at a portrait studio in Sears.

• Love 5

Well Ledia can't even take any responsibility for her 1st marriage ending.  She says on her IG thatshe and her ex were the loves of their lives and got along great but they divorced because their families couldn't get along and were always fighting even though she and her husband lived in Japan. Ya'll it wasn't sweet little delicate flower Ledia's fault her marriage ended; it was everyone else's fault!  LOL!!!!!  Oh honey, if your family hated your first husband (that worked and could provide for you)  I'm sure they are SO going to get along great with Eric.  I'm sure when this marriage ends too; it will be his family's fault  Darn those minor kids expecting their father to feed and clothe them.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, sconstant said:

I'm just curious, could you post that photo here, please? 

• Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, CSS.MD said:

Those poor young minds... 😔

My heart aches for them. 😢💔

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:58 PM, iwasish said:

She doesn’t even talk to her own kid and she teaches!! 

As we joke over on the Judge Judy forum, "Teacher" and "Nurse" are often bandied about by people who are little more than classroom assistants or Nurses Aides.  Not that there is anything wrong with those positions, but people do exaggerate, and Leida sure knows how to do that.  And with some schools, anyone can be a "teacher".  My late in-laws were both high school dropouts.  They were listed at "teachers" at the Christian School they sent my BIL to.  Someone I knew through an online forum always said she was a teacher.  In reality, she ran an after school program.  Again, not denigrating what she did, but she didn't have a degree or a teaching certification.

• Love 8
On 11/30/2018 at 10:17 AM, gonecrackers said:

Actually some men (like some women) feed off drama, even create it, so not all of them hate it.

I agree, @gonecrackers!  Some people love the drama - me, not so much.  Eric doesn't strike me as the drama type, he seems kinds resigned to this when in reality he can stop it or at least stick up for, you know, HIS DAUGHTER rather than a woman six years older than her telling her to leave HER home.

• Love 5

Overseas , I don't think you always need a teaching degree in order to teach.  Maybe she taught ESL in which you don't even need a degree in some cases; just some college.  But, I agree with "poor young minds".  I'm sure the school was glad when she left.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sconstant said:
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I saw it here:

https://twitter.com/90dayfiancetea/status/1069835126908047360

Thanks! (I think) Now I've fallen into the rabbit hole of Fiance Tea. Yes, it confirmed the flower arrangements on her phone were definitely from Leida's first wedding. But what I wonder is (and maybe one of the posters from Indonesia could answer this) when you have one of these lavish weddings, are the flowers provided by the venue as part of their package or did Leida go to her favorite florist and choose them specifically for her reception? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Eric doesn't strike me as the drama type, he seems kinds resigned to this when in reality he can stop it or at least stick up for, you know, HIS DAUGHTER

Perhaps Eric likes the military because he would rather take orders than make decisions.  He NEEDS someone to tell him what to do/how to do it.  Maybe his mother ruled with an iron belt and life seems better when he has some to crack the whip.   His appearance is 100% Sad Sack (check out the ball and chain).  He's waiting to be told what that tool is and how to use it.

Comic book and comic strip from the 50s and beyond.

SadSack.jpg.dec911b2f51c14693275f567e2ba8729.jpg

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Perhaps Eric likes the military because he would rather take orders than make decisions.  He NEEDS someone to tell him what to do/how to do it.  Maybe his mother ruled with an iron belt and life seems better when he has some to crack the whip.   His appearance is 100% Sad Sack (check out the ball and chain).  He's waiting to be told what that tool is and how to use it.

First off @HaaCHOO, i love your screen name.  Eric reminds me of Eyore from Winnie the Pooh - "Oh well, woe is me....."  And I think you are right about the military, he likes having decisions made FOR him.  Lord knows he can't on his own!!!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Here are the ones I have:

273B7448-2CAE-4FD6-9638-AB66BED919FE.thumb.jpeg.1f01b2d7d727d4ef30c587fadcd26dfb.jpeg

8 hours ago, sconstant said:

I know this is a translation error (for oncology?), but "ontology surgeon" sounds exactly like something Leida might claim to be.  

These flowers don't quite look like the ones she showed the florist in Baraboo... I bet it's because she didn't have these photos on her phone, so she innocently googled up a photo which is very similar (except for the flowers and venue).

This the ceremony:

This is the reception:

F898D78F-9F0C-45ED-8CCD-F18FEC5EDF2F.thumb.jpeg.50dd94b298ee4d3348cc3a6a5078f08f.jpeg

☝🏼 Those are her parents and the groom’s parents, I’m assuming (if that’s not a stock photo from the wedding planner’s catalogue).

Also, I wonder if she’s a pathological liar. ☕️

Spoiler
4 hours ago, sconstant said:

Oh God sorry. I posted that before I scrolled down and read everything an saw that you’d already posted a link!

5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree, @gonecrackers!  Some people love the drama - me, not so much.  Eric doesn't strike me as the drama type, he seems kinds resigned to this when in reality he can stop it or at least stick up for, you know, HIS DAUGHTER rather than a woman six years older than her telling her to leave HER home.

She is what I think psychiatrists like to call a “high-conflict person/personality”, it’s a thing: https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/who-are-high-conflict-people/

In addition, she seems to be one of those people who get off conflict (which triggers anxiety/fear/stress in most most people, but I’ve seen some people who get excited over that kind of thing).

5 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Overseas , I don't think you always need a teaching degree in order to teach.  Maybe she taught ESL in which you don't even need a degree in some cases; just some college.  But, I agree with "poor young minds".  I'm sure the school was glad when she left.

I read somewhere (probably on a screenshot of the ex’s Reddit thread) that she taught “art”.

Japan and Korea have standards, I heard it’s even hard for Asian-American of Japanese/Korean descent to get ESL teaching jobs over in East Asia, no way they’d let a Southeast Asia who’s second language is English teach!

• Love 3

I just heard the story about people reporting internet strippers to the IRS to get a bounty. And it turns out that "cosplay" Leida's thing, is part of the class getting reported since they are earning money for to putting on a costume as free content is not good enough for some.  So there you go beyond acting on 90DF she is a modern Tila Tequilla.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, CSS.MD said:

Here are the ones I have:

273B7448-2CAE-4FD6-9638-AB66BED919FE.thumb.jpeg.1f01b2d7d727d4ef30c587fadcd26dfb.jpeg

This the ceremony:

This is the reception:

F898D78F-9F0C-45ED-8CCD-F18FEC5EDF2F.thumb.jpeg.50dd94b298ee4d3348cc3a6a5078f08f.jpeg

☝🏼 Those are her parents and the groom’s parents, I’m assuming (if that’s not a stock photo from the wedding planner’s catalogue).

Also, I wonder if she’s a pathological liar. ☕️

Hide contents

Oh God sorry. I posted that before I scrolled down and read everything an saw that you’d already posted a link!

The background in the second photo (with the bride and groom) doesn't match the other two. The background in the first and third look to be the same.

Edited by Gobi

I believe the second picture is at the church (or wherever the ceremony was held) and the others are at the reception venue. There is a photo on the Reality Tea website that shows Leida, her ex and her parents in front of the same flower arrangements. But wait a minute something is off here! Leida is wearing a strapless dress in the photo with the flowers, but in the ceremony picture (as seen above) her dress has sleeves. At first I wondered was she watching too much "Say Yes to the Dress" and decided she needed a second dress for the reception, as they say "something sexy" that she could "dance in"? Then I noticed her white bouquet has now become pink and she's wearing a tiara, the groom's boutonniere changed from white to pink and THE GROOM LOOKS LIKE A DIFFERENT GUY! (I wish I could post side by side comparisons of the two pictures, but I can't seem to save the one from Reality Tea. Maybe somebody else can?) 

On further enlarging, the Reality Tea bride doesn't look like Leida at all! In fact, I think it looks like it could be Reina (or another sister) because it DOES look like her parents. 

Editing because I noticed something else that aroused my suspicions. On the RT website there is a photo of a reception booklet that reads "Ritz Carlton Jakarta" but I can't find a single picture of any room in either hotel (apparently there are two RCs in Jakarta) that looks at all like the one shown with the flower arrangements. Could Leida's parents possibly been photographed at another couple's wedding and Leida is trying to pass it off as hers? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Raja said:

I just heard the story about people reporting internet strippers to the IRS to get a bounty. And it turns out that "cosplay" Leida's thing, is part of the class getting reported since they are earning money for to putting on a costume as free content is not good enough for some.  So there you go beyond acting on 90DF she is a modern Tila Tequilla.

What is/are Leida’s fandom(s) again?

(To be clear, I’m not accusing her of being a “fake geek girl” or anything! I know think it’s considered sexist/politically-incorrect to accuse female cosplayers of that, this is a genuine question: What are her fandoms tho and who does she cosplay as? Sailor Moon? Magic Knight Rayearth? Cabbage Patch Kids? Alf? Loki? Is she a #Thorki shipper? I demand an explanation!)

Personally cosplaying is not my thing because I don’t want to deal with fundamentalist fanboys yelling, “WHEEEE THATS NOT CANON!” So I create OC’s out of scratch. But good for Tasha.

was This whole green card scam with Eric inspired by Loki and Grandmaster’s sugar daddy/sugar baby relationship in “Thor: Ragnarok”?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CSS.MD said:

What is/are Leida’s fandom(s) again?

(To be clear, I’m not accusing her of being a “fake geek girl” or anything! I know think it’s considered sexist/politically-incorrect to accuse female cosplayers of that, this is a genuine question: What are her fandoms tho and who does she cosplay as? Sailor Moon? Magic Knight Rayearth? Cabbage Patch Kids? Alf? Loki? Is she a #Thorki shipper? I demand an explanation!)

Personally cosplaying is not my thing because I don’t want to deal with fundamentalist fanboys yelling, “WHEEEE THATS NOT CANON!” So I create OC’s out of scratch. But good for Tasha.

Only one I remember for sure was HALO, going along with the Marine husband who it seems went back to the National Guard as a cavalry scout when he hooked up with her. So I make her some kind of military buff.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

Thanks! (I think) Now I've fallen into the rabbit hole of Fiance Tea. Yes, it confirmed the flower arrangements on her phone were definitely from Leida's first wedding. But what I wonder is (and maybe one of the posters from Indonesia could answer this) when you have one of these lavish weddings, are the flowers provided by the venue as part of their package or did Leida go to her favorite florist and choose them specifically for her reception? 

I have no idea, but these listings include: “Venue, F&B, Planner” (which I’m assuming the “venue” is floral decor included): https://www.weddingku.com/wedding-vendors/hotel-ballroom/jakarta

If not (and by “venue”, they mean an empty ballroom with a platform for the “throne stage”) then I’m guessing that would be on the wedding planner/organiser? 💐

Because I search wedding flowers (using keyword “Bunga”) and I mostly got flowers of the “hand bouquet” variety or the gigantic “floral placards” you send to business partners and acquaintances: https://www.bridestory.com/id/search-results?q=Bunga&tab=all

These are elaborate decorations and I simply can’t imagine a bride just designing their own thing from scratch. I would’ve been overwhelmed. And they look like they were arranged by someone with flower-arranging SKILLZ. Someone with an eye for such things, not an amateurish bride.

I mean I personally did draw my own future wedding and planned on a bouquet colour palette—but that’s because I’m a freak (this is not normal Indonesian bride behaviour) and I wanted to design my own Javanese-Western fusion blend, APOLOGIES FOR THE UGLYASS DRAWING, I can’t draw to save my life:

8A1A61E3-0233-40B5-8238-FB706E1F0063.jpeg.764122468627a4adfcb82f0359f8f300.jpeg

☝🏼 Especially since usually Indonesian weddings will involve a LOT of jasmine flowers (especially if your Javanese), like in this picture you have jasmines on both the bride (headpiece, belt/kebaya) and the groom (on his keris, neckpiece) not to mention for various traditional ceremonies. Just TONS of them! I don’t think that’s  something you would go to a florist for, that something a wedding planner/bridal specialist would organise for you. They’d know all the jasmine farmers, distributors, and stuff.

And quite frankly, I don’t think I can ever pull that drawing off for my next fiancé. Because procuring flowers as an individual (as opposed to, say, a wedding planner with the business connections) is a PAIN IN THE BUTT in Jakarta!

When my main house’s roof had to be renovated, I used to live in a small apartment across the street from a florist (and a fancy gourmet supermarket that sold flowers) and even in a fancy place in the CBD like that, the selections were limited. I don’t think you can be too picky.

One time, I needed some flowers for a performance art piece (they specifically had to be white roses to play Yoko Ono) and I remember procuring that from a fancy florist in the centre of Jakarta, and THAT took quite the effort as an individual (not like a wedding planner who would order far in advance with connections to flower importers and stuff). I remember Googling and making phone calls left and right. In the end, I had to buy a mix because they didn’t have the amount of white roses I needed for the Yoko Ono look and I had to make a compromise.

When I saw Eric/Leida walk into that florist and the abundance of readily-available white roses, I immediately remembered how hard it was when I tried to procure white roses! 😒 I was like, “look how easy it is to get white roses in America?!” 😨

Florists are not as common as they are in the West. (My parents had a florist for manners, but it’s not like in the US or Europe). You don’t just walk into a “florist” in Jakarta like you’d walk into a farmer’s market in Europe and immediately get what you want.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jakartan wedding planners/hotels had their own personal flower importers (otherwise how would they get that bulk amount of fresh flowers when I can’t even get a full bouquet of white roses from a downtown fancy-pansy florist).

When I was living abroad, people would give me flowers ALL. THE. TIME. Flowers were just everywhere.

I never get flowers here. Ever. It’s like a shortage, almost.

People in Jakarta will usually send a “floral plaque” but it’s not like in the US (or at least on the TV version of the US) where people will just send vases.

Sorry for the bridezilla TMI with the vacant-eyes bride drawing. 😂😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣 I was just trying to make a point about the overflowing jasmines.

I wish I could remember how much those flowers cost, though, since I imagine that would be helpful info to you guys... Sorry.

You know what, though? I’m VERY CONFUSED as to why/how Leida (the sophisticated princess who gets everything bespoke and supposedly gets everything she wants and is so accustomed to the “luxury life” and having maids) did not just demand for a wedding planner?

She’s only got 90 days? A wedding planner could pull strings with his/her connections and speed things up professionally.

Or did she ask for a wedding planner already in an episode I missed and Eric said they couldn’t afford it?

I don’t understand? Middle-class Jakartan girls are more attached to their “wedding organisers” than their biological mothers, yet HRH Princess Leida (curtsies) didn’t ask for a personal wedding planner she could boss around? SCANDAL! SCANDALLLL!!!!

4 hours ago, Gobi said:

The background in the second photo (with the bride and groom) doesn't match the other two. The background in the first and third look to be the same.

I 99.99% believe it was hers. And I think it matches:

☝🏼 Even the length/positon of the twigs in the centrepiece match. So perhaps the clearer photo wasn’t from the wedding planner’s catalogue/portfolio.

The only issue I have with this is her exaggerations and her conveniently neglecting to explain cultural context/omitting that info: 

And then lets American TV do the rest of the misleading for her.

I don’t understand why she’s not in the photo, but I still think it was her reception:

Compared with prices of 5-Star hotel venues (supposedly the biggest expense of a wedding) for 2018, it just doesn’t add up to IDR 4,000,000,000 LMAO unless she was giving out iPhones for wedding favours, or she was wildly ripped-off, or lying:

Too be fair, I’ll believe IDR 300,000,000 (but never 4,000,000,000 LMAO).

Personally what bothers me the most is probably how she fooled the florist into fawning to feed her ego/narcissism.

Basically, I think she’s come to America for THAT. The whole getting off from the fawning from clueless foreigners who have no idea what they’re looking at.

I can’t stand her!

4 hours ago, magemaud said:

I believe the second picture is at the church (or wherever the ceremony was held) and the others are at the reception venue. There is a photo on the Reality Tea website that shows Leida, her ex and her parents in front of the same flower arrangements. But wait a minute something is off here! Leida is wearing a strapless dress in the photo with the flowers, but in the ceremony picture (as seen above) her dress has sleeves. At first I wondered was she watching too much "Say Yes to the Dress" and decided she needed a second dress for the reception, as they say "something sexy" that she could "dance in"? Then I noticed her white bouquet has now become pink and she's wearing a tiara, the groom's boutonniere changed from white to pink and THE GROOM LOOKS LIKE A DIFFERENT GUY! (I wish I could post side by side comparisons of the two pictures, but I can't seem to save the one from Reality Tea. Maybe somebody else can?) 

On further enlarging, the Reality Tea bride doesn't look like Leida at all! In fact, I think it looks like it could be Reina (or another sister) because it DOES look like her parents. 

Editing because I noticed something else that aroused my suspicions. On the RT website there is a photo of a reception booklet that reads "Ritz Carlton Jakarta" but I can't find a single picture of any room in either hotel (apparently there are two RCs in Jakarta) that looks at all like the one shown with the flower arrangements. Could Leida's parents possibly been photographed at another couple's wedding and Leida is trying to pass it off as hers? 

The backdrops of these Indonesian wedding stages can change (you can take them down, put the last ones away, and put another style up depending on what the customer ordered). The hotel ballrooms can’t look like this all the time and the “wedding stage furniture” I guess goes into storage:

83D8F49D-72C2-47EC-B611-C737F0984108.thumb.jpeg.04484ee16fa6d2cf5443051d469faae3.jpeg 

But even IF she did have it at the Ritz, the 2018 prices just don’t add up to 4,000,000,000 LMAO! Here are the starting prices—I took these screenshots less than 24 hours ago, so I believe they are current:

ED1D9BAE-8F81-431A-90E5-19DB9D2CD63B.thumb.jpeg.dff436328b58efb0eb0affd053fc9a6f.jpeg

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful (that was my one and only experience with florists and I’ve never really had a wedding before, just the plans—when I thought I had an Englishman for a boyfriend, I was catfished... 😔 So it didn’t happen in the end! At least I get to use my scaryass vacant-eyed Bridezilla drawing to scare Americans on a reality TV forum! 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣💛💛🤣😂🤣😂).

Edited by CSS.MD
☕️
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Some brides wear different dresses for the wedding and the reception - maybe Leida just went one step further and had two different grooms?

Yeah, I can picture her as being the type to want 4 different dresses for the ceremony, reception, the drive to the reception hall, and one for the trip on the way to the honeymoon...

BUT TWO DIFFERENT GROOMS? 😂😂😂💛🤣🤣🤣😂

• Love 3

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful (that was my one and only experience with florists and I’ve never really had a wedding before, just the plans—when I thought I had an Englishman for a boyfriend, I was catfished... 😔 So it didn’t happen in the end! At least I get to use my scaryass vacant-eyed Bridezilla drawing to scare Americans on a reality TV forum!

On the contrary, you’ve been immensely helpful and informative. I find Wedding customs in other countries fascinating. And you’re quite artistically talented. I had to laugh at the idea of Leida insisting on hiring a wedding planner for her chain hotel meeting room wedding. I saw some photos somewhere that I wondered if they were from the wedding. Leida was wearing a white blouse with a tiara and Eric was wearing the same printed shirt he wore this week when they went to see the venue. In one photo they were standing next to what looked like a wall of wine bottles. If I find it, I’ll add it here.

Here you go! I wonder if that’s their “cash bar”

FFBA1455-D601-4718-A5FA-392EA827E946.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6

EEEEEUUUUUWWWWWW DR. LEIDA NEEDS A COOTIE SHOT!!!! (And a Green Card!)

C321A583-0456-4359-A90C-15639BAB1618.jpeg

52 minutes ago, magemaud said:

On the contrary, you’ve been immensely helpful and informative. I find Wedding customs in other countries fascinating. And you’re quite artistically talented. I had to laugh at the idea of Leida insisting on hiring a wedding planner for her chain hotel meeting room wedding. I saw some photos somewhere that I wondered if they were from the wedding. Leida was wearing a white blouse with a tiara and Eric was wearing the same printed shirt he wore this week when they went to see the venue. In one photo they were standing next to what looked like a wall of wine bottles. If I find it, I’ll add it here.

Here you go! I wonder if that’s their “cash bar”

FFBA1455-D601-4718-A5FA-392EA827E946.jpeg

Thank you!!!! 💛✨

Something I forgot to mention (but remembered when @Raja mentioned it on the episode thread) was that in Indonesian culture (depending on your system of belief or ethnic group) most see the wedding as the bride’s family’s responsibility to pay for.

I think for the Javanese, it’s the bride’s responsibility. (IDK what Leida is.)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

Personally what bothers me the most is probably how she fooled the florist into fawning to feed her ego/narcissism.

Basically, I think she’s come to America for THAT. The whole getting off from the fawning from clueless foreigners who have no idea what they’re looking at.

First just wanted to say I really appreciate your insight and research! Also, I think the flower lady was probably fawning because she happy about doubling her sale. She lives in a small town, and, while somewhat naive, even she could see that in no way were those $400 pieces comparable to what one would expect at a $300,000.00 wedding. I'm sure that she was just caught up in the moment, being on television, and also it was her instinct to be gracious to her customers. It was one of those things where the more she thought about it later, the more she realized something just didn't add up. At first you don't want to realize how much you've been lied to and then it's like, "Oh, yeah, that woman is delusional." But for a nice woman like the shop owner, that realization probably didn't come until afterwards when she was beginning her designs over a cup of tea.

Needless to say, Leida isn't fooling anybody here now. I'm wondering if the cameras are part of why she decided to stay with Eric? She obviously doesn't love him although I think she's pretty starved for affection. She doesn't seem to connect with her own family although they do love her. And, she obviously doesn't do well finding a boyfriend locally. I'm guessing she doesn't have many girlfriends, either. She's probably a nightmare as a friend. High-maintenance would be putting it mildly.

• Love 12

I stink at sharing links, especially when I log in here from my computer and want to share info from IG on my phone. But yesterday, according to 90 Day Fiance Tea, it was shown that Eric and Leida were married in Jakarta in November of 2017 (along with a photo of their wedding). SO, basically this couple is a complete farce and are already married. And the American wedding is just for Eric's friends/family. If there entire storyline is a fabrication, who the hell knows about the rest of this crew. I know it's a complete shit show, but now that they are proven to just be actors with no truth their storyline, I personally can't invest anymore in this show. 

If anyone follows 90 Day Fiance Tea on IG, go there to see the post. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

First just wanted to say I really appreciate your insight and research! Also, I think the flower lady was probably fawning because she happy about doubling her sale. She lives in a small town, and, while somewhat naive, even she could see that in no way were those $400 pieces comparable to what one would expect at a $300,000.00 wedding. I'm sure that she was just caught up in the moment, being on television, and also it was her instinct to be gracious to her customers. It was one of those things where the more she thought about it later, the more she realized something just didn't add up. At first you don't want to realize how much you've been lied to and then it's like, "Oh, yeah, that woman is delusional." But for a nice woman like the shop owner, that realization probably didn't come until afterwards when she was beginning her designs over a cup of tea.

Needless to say, Leida isn't fooling anybody here now. I'm wondering if the cameras are part of why she decided to stay with Eric? She obviously doesn't love him although I think she's pretty starved for affection. She doesn't seem to connect with her own family although they do love her. And, she obviously doesn't do well finding a boyfriend locally. I'm guessing she doesn't have many girlfriends, either. She's probably a nightmare as a friend. High-maintenance would be putting it mildly.

Thank you for your kind words! 💛✨

I hope the florist did snap out of it and realise in hindsight that couldn’t have made sense.

If Eric wasn’t such an a-hole himself, I would have felt bad for him for being used. (Although he totally gained some brownie points for saying his children are not a burden and giving Leida a reality check.) I mean seriously what is up with him to put up with her. According to Tasha her dad actually loves her (which I believe).

9 minutes ago, snarkish said:

I stink at sharing links, especially when I log in here from my computer and want to share info from IG on my phone. But yesterday, according to 90 Day Fiance Tea, it was shown that Eric and Leida were married in Jakarta in November of 2017 (along with a photo of their wedding). SO, basically this couple is a complete farce and are already married. And the American wedding is just for Eric's friends/family. If there entire storyline is a fabrication, who the hell knows about the rest of this crew. I know it's a complete shit show, but now that they are proven to just be actors with no truth their storyline, I personally can't invest anymore in this show. 

Yeah, that’s why I called BS on her saying her family couldn’t fly over for the wedding because they “disapproved”, although I don’t blame them for not wanting to burn money for a fake for-the-cameras “wedding”.

I’m not sure I want to invest in this show anymore, either. My God, David annoyed me but at least Annie was sort of sweet and easy to root for (yes, part of it was dramatised and scripted—according to the couple who are their friends) but it wasn’t this bad. I’ll start saying “Season 6 Bad”, ick.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, snarkish said:

There is a second option. That they went through a local ceremony in Jakarta without the governmental certificate processes whatever that might be. The danger is that a clergy member in his capacity as a state deputy solemnizing marriages might report the act as is his routine and if the US finds out refuses the visa as the wrong type.

• Love 5

And I'm STILL confused about the lavish Indonesian wedding. On 90 Day Fiance Tea, Leida posted a picture of her first wedding gown in response to a fan's question. (small picture at bottom) She's posed with her parents and groom in front of the same flower arrangements we saw on her phone. Then the second photo was what was shown as being from her wedding: 

image.png.4005ce4dbd9ccdc86d4ee34f9d423aa6.pngDress is different, bouquet is different, boutonniere is different and I think the GROOM looks different. To me, the bride in the second photo is unmistakably Leida although she claims both pictures are of her wedding. She's also claiming that her Ex is still good friends and they talk every day. But elsewhere I read her ex had nothing good to say about her and is the one who blew the whistle on her shenanigans

• Love 2
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

And I'm STILL confused about the lavish Indonesian wedding. On 90 Day Fiance Tea, Leida posted a picture of her first wedding gown in response to a fan's question. (small picture at bottom) She's posed with her parents and groom in front of the same flower arrangements we saw on her phone. Then the second photo was what was shown as being from her wedding: 

image.png.4005ce4dbd9ccdc86d4ee34f9d423aa6.pngDress is different, bouquet is different, boutonniere is different and I think the GROOM looks different. To me, the bride in the second photo is unmistakably Leida although she claims both pictures are of her wedding. She's also claiming that her Ex is still good friends and they talk every day. But elsewhere I read her ex had nothing good to say about her and is the one who blew the whistle on her shenanigans

Someone pointed out that the first picture is probably where the religious ceremony took place (note the priest and the statue of Jesus), and the second picture from the reception hall.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

Someone pointed out that the first picture is probably where the religious ceremony took place (note the priest and the statue of Jesus), and the second picture from the reception hall.

Yes, that was me and I still believe one is the ceremony and the other the reception BUT other than that, the two weddings have major differences which is why I'm still confused. It's like two totally separate couples/events both claiming to be Leida's first wedding photos. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3