Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, vintagesac69 said:

Actually, I think they left because Noon’s dad was very ill. His mom was an alcoholic and they were estranged for years, so there was nothing really keeping him here.

Kudos for remembering her name.   I couldn't have produced it even if threatened with an acapella serenade by Molly.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I guess I’m in the minority because I liked all three and preferred the first and third. I was expecting something right, low cut and beadazzled so heavilynit could be seen from the moon withou a telescope. She’s a pretty girl and she will make a beautiful bride.

LOL I thought I was the minority, as it seemed most liked those dresses too, & I didn’t like any. But then I actually liked Kalani’s dress, & thought it suited her (unless she’s still trying to be a virgin). 

Neither should be getting married yet though. 

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

IMHO, If someone is acting like an ass hole on these shows, it’s okay for a poster to call it out if that’s how they feel. People do act like ass holes for all different reasons, including childhood damage. Maybe that person will get it together, but in that moment or during that time, for whatever reason,  the person is an ass hole (& may or may not continue to be).

I guess I just see it as calling it as someone sees it- it is what it is, until it gets better (hopefully). 

I can't remember the psychological term of acting different because you are being filmed. From the third season on you can add in that the couples know that the worse they are now the more likely that they will be featured in a follow up series. As opposed to the filler couples who only get recast because folks had that one experience with the show biz edits and didn't want to participate. So I take with a grain of salt the truthfulness in their on camera behavior.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

LOL I thought I was the minority, as it seemed most liked those dresses too, & I didn’t like any. But then I actually liked Kalani’s dress, & thought it suited her (unless she’s still trying to be a virgin). 

Neither should be getting married yet though. 

I didn’t care for the dress, but I loved her veil.

17 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

If Debbie really loved her son and was a good mother, she’d tell him to go find a place with Larissa, and she will figure out her life. 

Steven and Olga have no support.  It’s their biggest problem.  If they had decent parents around, offering help and guidance, I think things would be much better.

Fernanda looked lovely in the dresses.  

Asuelo may be young, but Kalani is no where ready to get married herself.   What does it matter what Kalini thinks about Asuelo?  The girl cannot think for herself. 

Eric and Leida deserve each other.  

It would be worse if there were others involved in the Steven and Olga situation. Can you imagine him freaking out “ being told “ how to take care of his baby or worse how NOT to take care of it. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Stacee said:
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Didn't Fernanda say that her mother could not attend the wedding due to no money for the trip?

I thought it was due to the strained relationship that the US and Mexico have right now.

Stop.

They may not have money,  but people can come into this country, with proper documentation.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

The second dress (ball gown) was stunning. I wish she picked that one.

I thought so as well. As soon as she heard Jonathan's mom say "That's more age appropriate" she got pissed off and took it off.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Lesia said:

Stop.

They may not have money,  but people can come into this country, with proper documentation.  

Stop?? What??

Getting  a visa  to visit the US can be very challenging. For  years, I managed executive MBA programs with partner schools in Latin America. I wrote countless letters in support of my students travel plans to attend  week long  intensive  courses at our uni, or for the students’ family members to attend graduation ceremonies over the weekend. These were well-off students who had executive level jobs and good connections in their home countries, and even then, they were often denied for reasons the consulates never have to explain or  justify . Oh, and they all had proper documentation, too. I know because I reviewed it. ;-) 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 24
55 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Stop?? What??

Getting  a visa  to visit the US can be very challenging. For  years, I managed executive MBA programs with partner schools in Latin America. I wrote countless letters in support of my students travel plans to attend  week long  intensive  courses at our uni, or for the students’ family members to attend graduation ceremonies over the weekend. These were well-off students who had executive level jobs and good connections in their home countries, and even then, they were often denied for reasons the consulates never have to explain or  justify . Oh, and they all had proper documentation, too. I know because I reviewed it. ;-) 

Couldn’t his mom and sister go to Mexico for a wedding? I don’t think either family is all that big. They can go to a nice resort along the coast . Just have a reception for friends and extended family later in Chicago. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lesia said:

Stop.

You stop, because you are dead wrong.  It is very difficult to gain a visa if your home country is not part of the Visa Waiver Program(VWP).  And actually you DO need money, the visa itself is not cheap, and having a certain amount sitting in your bank account in your home country is part of the requirements(you need to demonstrate that you have sufficient motivation to return home after your trip).

1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

Stop?? What??

Exactly.  You can have deep familial and economic ties to your home country, 50k+ USD sitting in your bank account, a clean criminal record, all of the "proper documentation", and still be denied an entry visa with no cause given.

Edited by mistac01
  • Love 13
39 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Couldn’t his mom and sister go to Mexico for a wedding? I don’t think either family is all that big. They can go to a nice resort along the coast . Just have a reception for friends and extended family later in Chicago. 

They could have if they had planned ahead on using a marriage visa(K-3) instead of the fiance visa(K-1).  The K-3 must be applied for in the country where the marriage happened, and requires the spouse to wait in their home country until the visa is processed before they can travel to the USA.  This would have also DQed them from this show, which is about using the K-1 Visa. Since she is here on a K-1, she has to marry or leave.

Edited by mistac01
  • Love 5

Jons mom appeared to be making multiple comments about age appropriate dresses as a way of making a joke about or being dramatic about fernanda's age. She has a problem with it and is taking it out on Fern. Her behavior and body language like putting her head in her hands and "freaking out" was obnoxious.  She didn't have to be there. Fern can't help her age and her son is the one that chose someone that young. A lot of 19 year old girls might have made a similar unwise decision to get married that young if they had older eligible bachelors throwing money and bewbies at them.  

• Love 8
22 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

But it cost...

DA530C92-C9B9-442A-A59A-F44711A00EAF.jpeg

And if somebody really paid IDR 4,000,000,000 (LMAO) for this:

F898D78F-9F0C-45ED-8CCD-F18FEC5EDF2F.jpeg

Either somebody’s lying or they got badly ripped-off...

Why are you always bringing up your first wedding? MAYBE you should focus on having a great marriage instead of another great wedding.

• Love 7

I think he just simply doesn't know better. He genuinely doesn't know (I don't think) that the c-section was way more painful than a vaginal delivery would have been. He doesn't know that a baby can't wait to eat. He doesn't know how exhausting it is to breastfeed. 

He's showing zero interest in learning. Olga tries to tell him what her experience is like, and he gets the scary face and shuts her down. She had clearly told him not to hug or shake her because of her incision pain, but he kept doing it and didn't seem to care. He has learning opportunities right there if he would just listen, but he wants to lecture and punish Olga instead. How dare she make the baby the #1 priority? I'll give him credit for better behavior when and if he shows it -- but that won't undo the wrongs we've seen. His half-assed online apology doesn't suggest he's made any progress to date.

Also demanded repeatedly that i stop breastfeeding because it was keeping me from cleaning and cooking. And believe me, attitudes like my husbands were are wayyyyyyy more common than you would think. 

How tragic for you. I agree that the world is full of selfish assholes like that. Now we get to watch one on TV. I wish decent people were more careful before reproducing with them. Poor Richie.

• Love 23
9 hours ago, Drogo said:

TLC doesn't release a full episode list maybe because they think they have some kind of fucking Emmy contender here. Makes it a nightmare for creating the episode threads, because life.

LMAO. 😂😂🤣💛💛🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣😂😂😂 I absolutely hate those film/TV awards of Hollywood a-holes just patting each other in the back and being indulgent. Those pompous (ETA: Those pretentious, self-important ****s.) I literally call myself the “The Grinch Who Stole Awards Season” but the thought that TLC would ever hope for this piece of trash TV as an awards contendenrr is hilarious. I know you were joking But that was just too funnny.

I just know I’m going to have a good day when i wake-up to this with my morning coffee... ☕️😌

Edited by CSS.MD
ETA. LMAO.
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

IMHO, If someone is acting like an asshole on these shows, it’s okay for a poster to call it out if that’s how they feel. People do act like assholes for all different reasons, including childhood damage. Maybe that person will get it together, but in that moment or during that time, for whatever reason, the person is an asshole (& may or may not continue to be).

I guess I just see it as calling it as someone sees it- it is what it is, until it gets better (hopefully). 

To be fair, several participants have complained about the way they were portrayed through editing and otherwise. To be taken with a grain of salt, no doubt. We do know that some poor behavior, such as David's friend Chris asking Annie for a massage, were put up jobs by the producers.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Gobi said:

To be fair, several participants have complained about the way they were portrayed through editing and otherwise. To be taken with a grain of salt, no doubt. We do know that some poor behavior, such as David's friend Chris asking Annie for a massage, were put up jobs by the producers.

Then they choose to 'play asshole', which still makes them, in that moment, an asshole. IMO of course ;-)

• Love 18
4 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I think Faulkner wrote  short story with two sister characters that are described as wearing expressions of "bovine interest" with mouths agape.  I have this in my distant memory from my college days.  It's like the sisters Colonic modeled their lives on this.

Doyouevengohere, that's perfect! The sisters Colonic Moronic definitely modeled their lives on this!

Kalani may posture and talk down to people, but she's a slack-jawed moron. Asuelu is smarter than she is. And, he'll slowly learn more about how this country works. At least, he'll have a better idea of how to live a functional life than she does! 

She's also pretty full of it when she says she's trying to decide whether or not to marry Asuelu. We all know she's desperate! Asuelu could start running around like Mr. Peepers (the wild Chris Kattan character on SNL), and Kalani would be shoving him into a tux and dragging him down the aisle.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, mistac01 said:

They could have if they had planned ahead on using a marriage visa(K-3) instead of the fiance visa(K-1).  The K-3 must be applied for in the country where the marriage happened, and requires the spouse to wait in their home country until the visa is processed before they can travel to the USA.  This would have also DQed them from this show, which is about using the K-1 Visa. Since she is here on a K-1, she has to marry or leave.

It's kinda too bad that they didn't do the K-3 visa instead. I think it would have been way more important for Fernanda to be with her family than for him to be with his! 

Oh well. At least this way with the K-!, they got to be on television.  

Maybe they could do another ceremony in Mexico with her family? I think that would be really nice for her!

7 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

You are so wrong. Lol. {Poor Eric with that single deep forehead crease.)

We could actually have so much fun making memes with screen shots of these scenes, and deciding what we think she should say... LOL

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

It's kinda too bad that they didn't do the K-3 visa instead. I think it would have been way more important for Fernanda to be with her family than for him to be with his! 

Oh well. At least this way with the K-!, they got to be on television.  

Maybe they could do another ceremony in Mexico with her family? I think that would be really nice for her!

We could actually have so much fun making memes with screen shots of these scenes, and deciding what we think she should say... LOL

There is your Lisa Ling documentary. The stories of those who marry and file a K-3 or CR-1 and have the US government say no, your spouse can't come to America

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Raja said:

There is your Lisa Ling documentary. The stories of those who marry and file a K-3 or CR-1 and have the US government say no, your spouse can't come to America

This is exactly why the K-3 is less preferred than the K-1 by potential future spouses.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

You are so wrong. Lol. {Poor Eric with that single deep forehead crease.)

LOL. Don’t get me wrong because I ADORE Snoopy, but Eric sometimes reminds me of how Charles M. Schulz would draw The Peanuts when those children were miserable.

My other favourite is Colt pursing his lips with furrowed eyebrows.

25 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

LMAO! 😂😂😂🤣

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lesia said:

Stop.

Stop what? I was simply answering what I thought to be a question about why Fernada's family could not come for the wedding. I recall her saying something about  it has to do with what's going on in the country right now. If she did into say that on the show then provide an alternate reason but please don't tell me to "stop". That is not cool. 

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 9
On 12/3/2018 at 12:55 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

Coltee was wearing a shirt three sizes too small and all the buttons looked about to pop off and send everyone to the hospital with eye injuries.

... giant plush snowmen that look like they are plotting murders when no one is in the room. 

LOL!

On 12/3/2018 at 11:14 AM, Rdh1314 said:

Lol, that's rather harsh! He tried very hard at the hospital to tell her how happy he was, etc.  And they both had difficulty with the car seat, which did look different from the ones here.  I think for a 20 year old guy,  he's doing a pretty good job communicating to her that he isn't feeling that she still cares about him, and that makes him feel frustrated and hurt.  I don't blame him for feeling bad when she told him numerous times NOT to touch the baby! At least he admits that he's got a lot of learning to do, but I just don't see him as being a verbally/mentally/physically abusive person...or a selfish prick.  At least not yet

Steven, is that you?

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Drogo said:

If Steven had a dad, he'd have learned you get more flies with honey.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I thought Steven said he had a wonderful dad who spent all sorts of time with him and he wanted to be like him.  His dad died when he was around 8?  So all this shouting was between the parents or just the mom?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mistac01 said:

You stop, because you are dead wrong.  It is very difficult to gain a visa if your home country is not part of the Visa Waiver Program(VWP).  And actually you DO need money, the visa itself is not cheap, and having a certain amount sitting in your bank account in your home country is part of the requirements(you need to demonstrate that you have sufficient motivation to return home after your trip).

There are ways around everything, and visas and green cards are no different. In addition, there are a myriad of ways to enter the USA legally and then request green card status. In addition to the marrying approach - which this show has proven is a fucking joke - there are work visas, educational visas, visas for people who survived natural disasters and for whatever reason cannot continue living in their home country (I know people who've come here legally on other visas after a natural disaster because they had PTSD from their disaster experiences, and they didn't have a shit ton of money in the bank, but they had an immigration lawyer on both sides who assisted them through the system, and they had two siblings here who helped them settle in initially.

5 hours ago, Drogo said:

I think you are referring to The Hawthorne Effect.  Behavior changes when we know we are being watched, though not necessarily filmed. 

Ooh - fond(ish) memories of graduate school. "Hawthorne Effect – This is a reactive effect in which the research participant does not behave normally because he or she knows that they are in a study. For example, it may change a person’s eating habits when they are part of a dietary study.   It may not be possible for participants to be unaware of the study, but at a minimum, they should not be made aware of the hypothesized outcome."

Then Fernanda could wear her dress twice. More bang for the buck.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Ashley & Jay: Jay is in it for a green card and Ashley, don't marry someone you don't trust.

Coltee & Larissa: Colt will always be single if he keeps living like a broke college student with a side of Norman Bates. Larissa left 3 kids behind, she's also in it for the green card.

Steven & Olga: Steven is a child and should really consider family counseling. Olga needs to get her green card and bounce. I don't see that relationship lasting longer than maybe a year.

Eric & Leida: Leida is in it just for the green card and a work Visa. Once she gets her careering going and meets some rich doctor she's going to leave Eric. Eric, we all know he's broke. He he depends on his daughter to pay half the rent he has no business bringing a woman and child into the home.

Jonathan & Fernanda: Fernanda seems genuine, she's just young. I do believe she's in it for the right reasons. Jonathan is hard to read...and I think his mom needs to be more supportive. 

Kalani & Asuelu: Kalani needs to stop making Asuelu think she's God's gift to him. Girl, you are not that great. Your family is also super toxic. With that being said, there's no way Asuelu would have stepped up if she wasn't from the USA. He's also sticking it out for a green card. 

In conclusion, most of these jokers are opportunists.    

I think Jonathan has a fetish for very young women with big fake boobs.  I don’t see them debating world events.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

Oh, the show participants read it I’m sure. And then they try to damage control and blame the “haters”.

I don’t feel bad for what I post, I’m reacting to what I’m watching. If someone is acting a fool, that’s what I see. Frankly, I don’t understand how they don’t realize how badly they’re acting, and that tells me what I see is most likely an accurate representation of the person. 

The comments here are gentle compared to reddit.  

6 hours ago, Rdh1314 said:

Yup...the 2 ( including her choice) looked like white sheets from the front. You could be right, and she'll actually have a different dress for her wedding. 

I though Kalani’s looked like a sheet or a white hefty bag.

• Love 3

Question!

Do ANY of these couples EVER hire wedding planners?

Why didn’t HRH Princess Leida demand for one she can boss around since all of these couples only have 90 days and surely a pro could help speed things up?

Or did she ask for one already in a previous episode I might’ve missed and Eric already said they couldn’t afford one and had to do it all manually? I just realised (after reading someone’s question in the spoiler thread) that if she were in Jakarta, the “wedding organiser” or venue would’ve arranged for the flowers, I don’t see brides-with-no-clue waltzing into florists for decor in Jakarta (although I’m guessing that’s standard operating procedure in the US? IDK).

I’m confused.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

Chris is not naive, he had to know that would look bad on film, why do it?  Just speak up and say no, that’s not appropriate. But Chris like the rest want those $$$$$, so he sells himself out. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, CSS.MD said:

Question!

Do ANY of these couples EVER hire wedding planners?

Why didn’t HRH Princess Leida demand for one she can boss around since all of these couples only have 90 days and surely a pro could help speed things up?

Or did she ask for one already in a previous episode I might’ve missed and Eric already said they couldn’t afford one and had to do it all manually? I just realised (after reading someone’s question in the spoiler thread) that if she were in Jakarta, the “wedding organiser” or venue would’ve arranged for the flowers, I don’t see brides-with-no-clue waltzing into florists for decor in Jakarta (although I’m guessing that’s standard operating procedure in the US? IDK).

I’m confused.

In America the wedding party is mostly the bride and her mother's cultural responsibility to put together, it is  an expense most American men don't think  of.  Even if they are not really as poor as the story line makes them seem, the better for the sad sack American going above his station narrative, normally he has just sent a $1000 + to the government in fees and then has the travel fees for his spouse and step child in Eric's case taking  his immediate working cash.

Then when the consular officer approves the visa after waiting so long for the process most real couples won't want to remain separated  to give the time frame that most pro wedding planners demand to set up venues, which would be unseen by the foreign bride anyway.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, KariLois said:

Why is anybody defending Steven?  You are all turning me into a rageaholic!  As Steven would say, “Look what you made me do!”  I don’t particularly care how Steven feels or why dads feel insignificant.  Women feel insignificant ALL the time and then apologize for existing.  I don’t understand why we need to keep explaining that what Steven is doing is abusive and that Olga does NOT need to tend his needs right now.  There is a real live baby and she is doing EVERYTHING!  If Steven wants to feel more like a dad, he can act like one.  Right now, this show is getting darker and darker and it pains me to watch them.  I wrote a letter to a Sharp Entertainment about it.

Just as a human being, not even as Olga’s bf or the baby’s father, he should be able to just look at her and see her pain and exhaustion and have some empathy. 

99 % of us posters would. Jeez, little kids whose moms have a newborn generally want to “help” by running to get diapers and wipes and such. 

• Love 15
58 minutes ago, Spike said:

Eric & Leida: Leida is in it just for the green card and a work Visa. Once she gets her careering going and meets some rich doctor she's going to leave Eric. Eric, we all know he's broke. He he depends on his daughter to pay half the rent he has no business bringing a woman and child into the home.

But are we really sure Leida went to med school? She exaggerates (or just lies). I feel like “med school” really means she put a bandaid on her cut finger that one time.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

But are we really sure Leida went to med school? She exaggerates (or just lies). I feel like “med school” really means she put a bandaid on her cut finger that one time.

That wasn’t me in that quote.

I said Steven asked an unanswerable question because if you walked into a room where I was exhausted and focused on something else, and immediately flashed a box of something I'd never seen before, from 20 feet away, I wouldn't be able to tell you if it was right or not either.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Raja said:

In America the wedding party is mostly the bride and her mother's cultural responsibility to put together, it is  an expense most American men don't think  of.  Even if they are not really as poor as the story line makes them seem, the better for the sad sack American going above his station narrative, normally he has just sent a $1000 + to the government in fees and then has the travel fees for his spouse and step child in Eric's case taking  his immediate working cash.

Then when the consular officer approves the visa after waiting so long for the process most real couples won't want to remain separated  to give the time frame that most pro wedding planners demand to set up venues, which would be unseen by the foreign bride anyway.

Ah this makes sense! Thank you!

US$ 1,000 is an expensive admin fee.

My B1/B2 visa cost me US$ 100 (not refundable if you get rejected).

46 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

She did attend a real, existing, legitimate university in Jakarta (UKI).

But yeah she does strike me as the type of person who’d been to a pony petting zoo TWICE and start referring to herself as an “equestrian” after. LOL. Neeeehhhh...

In fact I’m wondering (just based on the US$ 300K wedding claim that doesn’t add up) if she’s a pathological liar.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, CSS.MD said:

She did attend a real, existing, legitimate university in Jakarta (UKI).

But yeah she does strike me as the type of person who’d been to a pony petting zoo TWICE and start referring to herself as an “equestrian” after. LOL. Neeeehhhh...

In fact I’m wondering (just based on the US$ 300K wedding claim that doesn’t add up) if she’s a pathological liar.

It was answered in a post a few shows ago that Indonesian med school is like a BS (hee) here.  She'd need to go through at least all of med school here, and residency, before being able to practice in the US.

I still think she looked up Barbie's resume to copy.  I expect astronaut next.

• Love 7