Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Most of my friends are married and we rarely talk about their husbands- we talk about ourselves.

I’d be highly offended if someone thought hanging out with me was “wasted time” because they were now married- Like I’m not a person worthy of friendship any more?!!

I definitely didn't mean to indicate friends are a waste of time. I tend to zone out half way during the Jon /Fernanda scenes so forgive me If I misunderstood... I thought based on comments here that and what I caught - that Jon had some issue with Fernanda that he was talking over with his buddy.  My social life nowadays consists of "play dates" where us parents within a few blocks away talk and share a wine or coffee/tea and discuss MANY topics that are not grievances of our spouses. I value my college friends and all friends but we all understand time is limited and the most like minded friends I have would rather invest their downtime with kids and spouse than outside folks...like I said , unpopular opinion. 45 minutes at a BAR if the love of my life wants me around is certainly a waste of time unless I'm talking my friend down off a ledge.  AND Jonathan looked grey comolexioned and unhealthy when he got home. Furthering my suspicions he is not 100% savory.

ETA: I also thought going clubbing together was a waste of time for Jon and Fernanda. Of course a problem arose (as producer driven as it may have been). Clubs are meet markets and not conducive to healthy relationship goals. Especially when one party can drink and the other is excluded in some way. They could've done a different activity for fun. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

even an expedited passport takes time- it's not ready the same day.

The US embassy in Moscow actually recommends they process both (the citizenship/record of foreign birth and the passport) at the same time. https://ru.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/. The site doesn't specify, but it does seem like both things would be taken care of the same day (and that makes sense since the consulate in St. Petersburg is now closed so everyone has to go to the embassy in Moscow). I've had experience with Mexican consulates in the US and it's pretty common for the passport service to be same day if you're doing it in person in an embassy or consulate. I also know people who have lost US passports abroad and have had same day service in US consulates/embassies. 

Also helpful, it confirms what was said upthread that the child would require a Russian exit visa or Russian passport. Which makes Steven's demands slightly less terrifying?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I definitely didn't mean to indicate friends are a waste of time. I tend to zone out half way during the Jon /Fernanda scenes so forgive me If I misunderstood... I thought based on comments here that and what I caught - that Jon had some issue with Fernanda that he was talking over with his buddy.  My social life nowadays consists of "play dates" where us parents within a few blocks away talk and share a wine or coffee/tea and discuss MANY topics that are not grievances of our spouses. I value my college friends and all friends but we all understand time is limited and the most like minded friends I have would rather invest their downtime with kids and spouse than outside folks...like I said , unpopular opinion. 45 minutes at a BAR if the love of my life wants me around is certainly a waste of time unless I'm talking my friend down off a ledge.  AND Jonathan looked grey comolexioned and unhealthy when he got home. Furthering my suspicions he is not 100% savory.

Oh I see now thank you. I don’t drink so I don’t go to bars often but I do hang out with my friends, shopping, coffee shops, dinners/lunches etc. Of course I (as a single person) know once people are married and have small children their social time is limited ( I see my childfree friends more often than my friends with small children-duh). 

I do agree with you that people should be careful on how they speak about their spouse. I’m not suggesting anyone hide in fear, or not get help if they are being abused, but 1. Respect (your friends don’t need to know all your marital business) and 2. You’ll forgive your spouse your friends may not. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

The only way I could see this happening - and expedited passports usually require a hefty extra processing fee - is that this fucking asshole told them the mother died or abandoned the baby and he was the sole parent and needed to take the kid with him back to the USA because "he has nobody in Russia". I think that's likely what he said IF he indeed get a passport in one day. He deserves to be held in a Russian gulag in Siberia for the rest of his miserable life.

And while we're talking about this dumbass, who the hell was that dried out, chain smoking, boozy old broad on the after show who said she 'took in' Steven? She acted like he was her very own Eliza Doolittle and she was responsible for making him over into a human being. She crowed about all she'd done for him and yet he goes to Russia and treats the mother of his newborn child like he does? Yeah lady, you did great with your alkie-tinged influence on him.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

As for using Uber/Lyft to get out to the library or wherever. That can be an expensive outing. American suburbia is known for its never ending sprawl of boring tract housing. Walking the neighborhood everyday could get pretty boring. and walking your way to to a strip mall or coffee place is in impossible. Most places don’t even have sudewalks. Ride services ain’t cheap either. 10 bucks as a lowball average each way is a 20$ ride to the library or Starbucks. Three rides a week adds up to  $240 bucks a month. And we already have Johnacthan throwing Fernanda’s Amazon bill and her boobs in her face. Who wants to add an Uber bill to his munitions pile? 

This! 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, gingerella said:

And while we're talking about this dumbass, who the hell was that dried out, chain smoking, boozy old broad on the after show who said she 'took in' Steven? She acted like he was her very own Eliza Doolittle and she was responsible for making him over into a human being. She crowed about all she'd done for him and yet he goes to Russia and treats the mother of his newborn child like he does? Yeah lady, you did great with your alkie-tinged influence on him.

Mother of one of his friends?  I think that was said when we first 'met' Steven.  She admitted to being the one who "taught Steven how to treat a lady".  She said it quite proudly; probably should've lowered her head in shame & whispered it, while exiting slowly...

• Love 7
2 hours ago, snarky snarkerson said:

The US embassy in Moscow actually recommends they process both (the citizenship/record of foreign birth and the passport) at the same time. https://ru.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/. The site doesn't specify, but it does seem like both things would be taken care of the same day (and that makes sense since the consulate in St. Petersburg is now closed so everyone has to go to the embassy in Moscow). I've had experience with Mexican consulates in the US and it's pretty common for the passport service to be same day if you're doing it in person in an embassy or consulate. I also know people who have lost US passports abroad and have had same day service in US consulates/embassies. 

Also helpful, it confirms what was said upthread that the child would require a Russian exit visa or Russian passport. Which makes Steven's demands slightly less terrifying?

Yup. Like I said I was in and out of the Milan consolate with a passport in an hour, It was a good thing because I had a cruise from Venice the next day. Its very different going right to the source for a passport. Getting a passport from an embassy/ consulate is not same as getting an expedited one from your local passport office.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, renatae said:

I generally love the snarky nicknames, because they are clever and most of these people deserve them. However, I can't even describe how sad it makes me to see derogatory nicknames for Asuelo, especially "Asholo." He's a nice kid and not responsible for anything lacking in his intellectual sphere. He is also probably the nicest person we have or ever will see on this trainwreck, so he is IMO not deserving of any nickname which implies he is a jerk.

/Climbs off soapbox

I would generally agree, but people I'm inclined to pity tend to lose me when they start judging others as "slut people" or when they apparently want as many kids as possible without an idea about how in the world they are going to raise or support them.  

He is quite literally completely unbothered by the fact that kalani is pregnant again.  It seems rather presumtious to think that his father in law will happliy foot the bills to house and keep as many children as they can have.  He doesn't really appear to have a plan of any sort that I can see.  He doesn't appear to have any particular skill set or education.  Like how is he going to support multiple children and kalani (who you know is never going back to work)

• Love 8
On 12/17/2018 at 3:28 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

He has his mother's legs.

You've seen Debbie in shorts??

22 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I agree that the chances of Steven getting the baby out of Russia without her permission are zero. The Russians wouldn't demand to see the baby's American visa, but they would demand to see permission from the mother. 

I don't fault TLC for using this storyline. Even if Steven's chances of pulling off his baby escape plan are zero, the fact that he is trying to do it, or threatening to do it, and telling Olga she has no say in the matter, is very revealing as to his true nature. 

I could see him, stonefaced, explaining to the immigration officers that Olga died in childbirth.

18 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why do the imports arrive without any money?

Also, there should be an agreement between them that they are not allowed to say "in my culture" or "I left everything to come here."  

Maybe the importer could get an Uber account set up with a membership to the local Y, a library card. etc...

And why don't any of the imports have any freaking HOBBIES (other than the gym, which has become a bit of a cliche on this show)? What a boring, useless group of ppl. All they have to offer is screwing? Wow, what a catch.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 5

I would like to see Asuelo on an after show, but with an interpreter. He barely speaks English (except what's probably being fed to him), so it's tough to get a good read on him.

Fernanda is young, obviously, & moving to a new country is hard, obviously. Moving there to live with a douche, albeit a generous one, is still, also hard. However, many 19 year olds are more resourceful, not to mention way less needy, than her. So my vote is yes her situation may be difficult, but it's more about who she is & her emotional maturity (or lack thereof) affecting how she's handling her situation.  (But honestly I think it's all a bad Telemundo audition; I predict a new Pao coming soon). 

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Mother of one of his friends?  I think that was said when we first 'met' Steven.  She admitted to being the one who "taught Steven how to treat a lady".  She said it quite proudly; probably should've lowered her head in shame & whispered it, while exiting slowly...

Agreed.  And she actually said it twice.  "I taught him how to treat a woman.  I taught him how to treat a lady.  I taught him Christ."  Well, you failed horribly at all of those things.  And she kept emphasizing how he's planning on bringing over Olga and marrying her.  Obviously he'd say that if Richie is in Russia.  Even Steven is smart enough not to be all, "I'm just trying to get MY SON here, screw his mom.  Mwaa haha."

I still maintain for all the people claiming a bad edit, if you were filmed actually saying the words, it's not an edit, it's you.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Cammi said:

Your are absolutely correct. However, Fernanda is a KID. Her body may be mature, but let's face it- at 19 yrs old, her mind is not a woman's. She probably hasn't figured out how to entertain herself yet. She is very pretty and was probably popular, so she might not have ever needed to acquire that skill.

Jon is marrying a needy, insecure, yet beautiful TEENAGER. That is on HIM. When you are in a relationship with someone that much younger (he is in his 30s right?), he better be prepared to be daddy, brother, caretaker, therapist AND lover. Don't like it? Don't marry a high schooler. He said in his talking head she was "very jealous" etc. He knew what he signed up for. She will probably continue to mature as she grows up, but Jon- already in his 30's- has probably reached his peak maturity. She is a KID, away from everything she knows. She is young, needy and feels lonely. Jon isn't bad looking, and has a stable job. I'm sure he could've found an age compatible, smart, intelligent, independent American woman within a reasonable driving distance. But he chose an international teenager and moved her away from her friends and family. I'm sure she was overwhelmed with his promises, gifts and adoration. I would've been at that age! I would've signed up for that for sure! At 19, what does she have to lose? And of course, she is going to call her family when she is in a disagreement with Jon. She. Is. A. Teen. 

I dated a much older man at 18, and I now see why some men go for young girls. I was very insecure, clung to him about everything, hadn't yet fully formed my own opinions, was easy to manipulate etc. As soon as I started maturing, it was over. I started standing my ground and was less needy and more confident. 

Jon made his bed with a very young woman. It will be a lot of work. Fern will continue to mature, As we all do. If Jon wanted instant maturity, I'm sure he could've found it. But no, he wanted a young, beautiful, spoiled, needy teenager so he could buy her Barbie boobies and mold her into his trophy wife. That comes with consequences. 

I agree.  I think they both have gotten what they wanted.  

Jon definitely could have found a successful, independent and beautiful woman his own age.  He isn't in his 50s he is like 32.  You're telling me in all of North Carolina there isn't a good looking, successful, independent woman who is between 25-32 that would be attracted to him?  Come on now.

BUT, I also think Fernanda is getting what she wants to.

Both have agreed to this relationship.  With all of the inbalances that come along with that.  

And listen, Fernanda got boobs, a car, a good looking guy who seems to appreciate her, college tuition and an apartment.  Larissa got man boobs mcghee, his weird mother, a 92 kia Spectre with no air conditioning and beef stew.  And she manages to make it work.

4 hours ago, CSS.MD said:

Oh the liessss... 😂😂😂💛🤣🤣🤣

Remember when Debbie went on the aftershow and claimed Colt had 4 exes who wanted a serious relationship more than he did?

Because he’s a sadist?

And his sadism knows no boudaries?

LOL, in the immortal words of Whitney Houston I'm gonna need to see the receipts Debbie.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I thought Ashley's friend Brandi (sorry, I always think someone with that name lives in a trailer park) looked like a drag queen and she has one of those "skull faces." 

Her outfit confused me.  I understand flashing a bit of bra for sex appeal, like Molly did.  But having a screen window for basically the entire front of your shirt was just weird. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

My social life nowadays consists of "play dates" where us parents within a few blocks away talk and share a wine or coffee/tea and discuss MANY topics that are not grievances of our spouses. I value my college friends and all friends but we all understand time is limited and the most like minded friends I have would rather invest their downtime with kids and spouse than outside folks...

ETA: I also thought going clubbing together was a waste of time for Jon and Fernanda. Clubs are meet markets and not conducive to healthy relationship goals. 

Gurrrl, someone needs to kidnap you and show you a good time!

4 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

As for using Uber/Lyft to get out to the library or wherever. That can be an expensive outing. American suburbia is known for its never ending sprawl of boring tract housing. Walking the neighborhood everyday could get pretty boring. and walking your way to to a strip mall or coffee place is in impossible. Most places don’t even have sudewalks. Ride services ain’t cheap either. 10 bucks as a lowball average each way is a 20$ ride to the library or Starbucks. Three rides a week adds up to  $240 bucks a month. And we already have Johnacthan throwing Fernanda’s Amazon bill and her boobs in her face. Who wants to add an Uber bill to his munitions pile? 

The whole process, including supporting another adult for up to a year until they can work is an expensive process. A person can go crazy and lose brain function being cooped up in the house for too long. If you can't afford basic maintenance for the k-1 spouse, date locally. Stay single. Jerk off! (not you) These American spouses can be pretty damn selfish.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

I would generally agree, but people I'm inclined to pity tend to lose me when they start judging others as "slut people"

If he were a born/raised American giving the "slut people" excuse, I'd agree with you, but Asuelu is a product of his culture, upbringing, and education (or lack thereof).  No one seems to help him assimilate because it's NOT "good TV."   He's not judging; he's merely repeating what he learned...like a Mormon might repeat her beliefs regarding morality.  Kalani, an American girl unsuccessful in life and love (we assume) in America, lured a very young (not only in age) Samoan to her country and isn't happy that he's not a fully-formed, high earning, husband and father to help-help-help her.  I pity Asuelu...a lot!

• Love 20
43 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

buwhahahaha omg how funny and also hysterical

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

She admitted to being the one who "taught Steven how to treat a lady".  She said it quite proudly;

...and the only other advice she gave him was "how to treat a woman."  Yep, too many cocktails before air tme.

ETA:  To late to cancel, Kangatush.  I read from the bottom up.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

If he were a born/raised American giving the "slut people" excuse, I'd agree with you, but Asuelu is a product of his culture, upbringing, and education (or lack thereof).  No one seems to help him assimilate because it's NOT "good TV."   He's not judging; he's merely repeating what he learned...like a Mormon might repeat her beliefs regarding morality.  Kalani, an American girl unsuccessful in life and love (we assume) in America, lured a very young (not only in age) Samoan to her country and isn't happy that he's not a fully-formed, high earning, husband and father to help-help-help her.  I pity Asuelu...a lot!

No, he's not. Don't let the simpleton act fool you. That ninja is busting raw in every White woman who steps off the damn plane and he said as much. He is a slut person! FOH

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

Also, thank you tlc for setting up the visual of Natalie driving away on that scooter like a Russian bear.  

LOL!  That is perfect.   I knew it reminded me of something but couldn't place it!  

• Love 4
Just now, Kangatush said:

Even Steven is smart enough not to be all, "I'm just trying to get MY SON here, screw his mom.  Mwaa haha."

I still maintain for all the people claiming a bad edit, if you were filmed actually saying the words, it's not an edit, it's you.

Pretty sure he didn't say these words, nor has he ever expressed that he wants Richie and not Olga.  The fact is, Steven and Olga can't stay together in one country with the baby.  Her visa hasn't been approved, he can't stay in Russia indefinitely, and they've already been warned about a bad situation with U.S./Russia relations that could delay the process.  There's a significant difference between "I don't want to be separated from my son, I want to be in his life from when he's little"  and "I want to take this baby to America and Olga can fuck off forever."

A lot of people don't like Steven and I see why, but I can't fault him for getting their child a U.S. passport or wanting to be actively involved in his life. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

No, he's not. Don't let the simpleton act fool you. That ninja is busting raw in every White woman who steps off the damn plane and he said as much. He is a slut person!

He may be a "slut person" by some Americans' standards (not mine).  In Samoa, he was a cute friendly guy, one of the "entertainers" at a resort doing what's expected and accepted...by his employer and the "white" women--and probably very popular.  Kalina thought she won a real prize.   I buy the simpleton demeanor.  I might be a simpleton too if I got dragged/dropped in Samoa without any real help.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Misunderstanding.
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

He may be a "slut person" by some Americans' standards (not mine).   I don't think he's a rapist by anyone's standards.   In Samoa, he was a cute friendly guy, one of the "entertainers" at a resort doing what's expected and accepted...by his employer and the "white" women--and probably very popular.  Kalina thought she won a real prize.   I buy the simpleton demeanor.  I might be a simpleton too if I got dragged/dropped in Samoa without any real help.

No one is saying anything like that. You responded to someone who responded to a plea not to call him names like "Asholo.: Give me a break; no one said anything about him being a rapist. Drag/dropped in Samoa? Who was drag/dropped in samoa? What does that even mean?

You're saying his employer wants him impregnating White Americans?

15 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Pretty sure he didn't say these words, nor has he ever expressed that he wants Richie and not Olga.  The fact is, Steven and Olga can't stay together in one country with the baby.  Her visa hasn't been approved, he can't stay in Russia indefinitely, and they've already been warned about a bad situation with U.S./Russia relations that could delay the process.  There's a significant difference between "I don't want to be separated from my son, I want to be in his life from when he's little"  and "I want to take this baby to America and Olga can fuck off forever."

A lot of people don't like Steven and I see why, but I can't fault him for getting their child a U.S. passport or wanting to be actively involved in his life. 

He literally said his priority is getting the baby's citizenship and the other stuff (Olga) can wait.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

Why would you take colts non AC car on a double date??

I know!  But it's probably because it has the cameras in it.

1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

'Nanda / Jonathan: As I stated before, once you are married, there is little reason to go out to the bar/club/lounge with your bro's /girls. That's 45 min or time WASTED imo.

What about a coffee shop?  Is it the alcohol that's a problem?  Because people need friends, and men in particular aren't as good at being friends as women are, so anything that helps them advance that ball is a good thing, in my opinion.  And in the case of men, they're probably not going to go shopping together, so their choices of hang-out locations are more limited.

It's also true that men tend to let their wives organize/steer their social lives, and you can see the consequences when the wife is the first to die.  So viva men spending 45 minutes chatting with other men, even in a bar!

1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

I love fun purses.  Betsey Johnson makes a similar purse, and I have a number of her bags.  I have one that looks like a gumball machine, and one that looks like a phone, which you can hook to your cell phone, and receive calls on it.  No hate for that.

Can I hate the rest of her look? 

1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Scooters are a fairly common sight here in my part of PA, at least - especially in the summer.  They're cheap to buy, cheap on gas, cheap on insurance, and don't require a special license, like a motorcycle.  I once worked with a guy who lost his license, and he drove a motorized bicycle to work every day - even in the winter. 

I think it was in New Mexico where I noticed an unusual number of middle-aged and older men on scooters.  That's when I found out about DUI scooters.

• Love 4
On 12/17/2018 at 7:27 AM, charmed1 said:

I live in a congested American city, so we have alternate means of transportation (subway, bus, rental bikes/scooters, Uber, etc.) but mopeds are generally something used by young teen boys, hipsters, and delivery people. Seeing a 30-ish? woman in a criss-cross top scooting around a residential neighborhood in the suburbs isn’t a very common sight.

I have a scooter that looks like a moped, but a scooter goes well above the speed limit whereas a moped only goes 25-30 and honestly I probably don't ride it to much because I feel like I look like an idiot on it. And I'm worried about idiots hitting me. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Drogo said:

You're right in that it wasn't a direct quote.  But he has been way more about Richie than about Olga.  He told her her visa was not a priority.  He told her friend he didn't know what their relationship would be without a child.  He has made it pretty clear, to me at least, his priority is Richie.  Olga is a distant second.  I do not fault him for being an active parent.  I fault him for thinking that a valid way for him to do this is to remove Richie from his mom, even temporarily.  Yes, the reality of their situation is that one of them can't be with the baby.  But when it's a choice between a nursing mother with an apartment, a job, and an apparent life plan, and a homeless, jobless couch surfer, the choice seems simple.

• Love 14
Just now, eatsleep said:

Give me a break; no one said anything about him being a rapist.

I read your comment (bolded below) as an assault on a female.  After your reply, I looked up the Urban Dictionary definition.  I'll retract my "rapist" sentence and comment no further.

15 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

That ninja is busting raw in every White woman who steps off the damn plane

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

He may be a "slut person" by some Americans' standards (not mine).   I don't think he's a rapist by anyone's standards.   In Samoa, he was a cute friendly guy, one of the "entertainers" at a resort doing what's expected and accepted...by his employer and the "white" women--and probably very popular.  Kalina thought she won a real prize.   I buy the simpleton demeanor.  I might be a simpleton too if I got dragged/dropped in Samoa without any real help.

He is definitely not a rapist. 

I'm so unsure about the simpleton thing though.  Because yes, he comes off very very simple on the show.  But I cannot imagine anyone who is even mildly intelligent wanting to sex up someone who is as mentally slow as he seems.  It would almost be like taking advantage in a way, because if he is as simple as he seems, he doesnt have the mental capacity of an average person.  That's not attractive.  

Like, she waited 30 years to lose her vcard to a guy thousands of miles away with a simpletons IQ?  It doesn't make sense.  She could have found a good, old fashioned American simpleton.

This makes me think he is way more intelligent than the show gives him credit for because who would be into that?  And fly back multiple times to have sex with that?

But then it's hard because he really comes off sooooooo slow on the show.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RealReality10 said:

But then it's hard because he really comes off sooooooo slow on the show.

Next season would be interesting if the show took them back to Samoa permanently.  Let her have Baby #2 there and see how well she handles Life Asuelu Style.  (I deleted my "rapist" comment.)

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Y

And why don't any of the imports have any freaking HOBBIES (other than the gym, which has become a bit of a cliche on this show)? What a boring, useless group on ppl. All they have to offer is screwing? Wow, what a catch.

Excuse you, Ledia CLEANS and ORGANIZES!  because she has accepted in a mature way that they will not have maids.  She is also continuing her studies to be a doctor which she is super serious about. 

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 7

I haven't read every single post (I'm unwell), so I hope this hasn't already been said about Steven's visit to the American embassy.  When he rejoins Olga, and she is on tenterhooks to find out what happened, he stalls around with "I'm thinking how to put this," which of course terrifies her.  It struck me then that the hesitation might have been producer-driver, to heighten the drama, but another explanation has occurred to me.  When he finally spills the beans, he says, "Richie can stay in Russia."  I think what happened was that he went into the embassy expecting to be told that of course, as an American, he could take his American-citizen boy with him when he leaves Russia.  I think what he was actually told was that he could *not* take his American-citizen boy away from his mother, and if the mother did not yet have a visa, then the baby must stay in Russia.  I think Steven's "trying how to say this" was his trying not to tell her that he could not take the baby away from her.  He says the baby "can stay" in Russia, not that he can stay or go.  An honest answer would have been "I can't take Richie out of Russia without you," but he didn't want to say that.

And I agree with the poster upthread who speculated Steven could say that Olga died in childbirth.  Fortunately, Steven isn't smart enough to think of that.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Granny58 said:
13 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

Also, thank you tlc for setting up the visual of Natalie driving away on that scooter like a Russian bear.  

LOL!  That is perfect.   I knew it reminded me of something but couldn't place it!  

image.png.ab27f1058c073f0925d80afbdb638857.png

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Next season would be interesting if the show took them back to Samoa permanently.  Let her have Baby #2 there and see how well she handles Life Asuelu Style.  (I deleted my "rapist" comment.)

Oh sorry.  Honestly though, her family absolutely treats ansulo like he raped kalani somehow.  It's annoying.  Was she asleep when they had sex, how does she seem to miss out on any and all responsiblity?

LOL, I'd love seeing her pampered self try to survive in Samoa.  I wonder what his family thinks of her (besides the brother, which was gross)

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

The fact is, Steven and Olga can't stay together in one country with the baby.  Her visa hasn't been approved, he can't stay in Russia indefinitely, and they've already been warned about a bad situation with U.S./Russia relations that could delay the process.  There's a significant difference between "I don't want to be separated from my son, I want to be in his life from when he's little"  and "I want to take this baby to America and Olga can fuck off forever."

8 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

He literally said his priority is getting the baby's citizenship and the other stuff (Olga) can wait.

That's different than "I don't care about Olga nor do I want her to come to the U.S." 

Getting the baby's passport is priority because it's easy.  Steven provides proof of his U.S. citizenship, fills out an application, brings photos and Richie's birth certificate with his/Steven's name on it.  Approved on the spot, as we saw.  The K-1 (as warned by the lawyer) will take longer due to issues beyond Steven and Olga's control. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Even THEY have their standards.   I thought of writing it this way:

Even WE have our standards.

LMBO!

Just now, Drogo said:

That's different than "I don't care about Olga nor do I want her to come to the U.S." 

Getting the baby's passport is priority because it's easy.  Steven provides proof of his U.S. citizenship, fills out an application, brings photos and Richie's birth certificate with his/Steven's name on it.  Approved on the spot, as we saw.  The K-1 (as warned by the lawyer) will take longer due to issues beyond Steven and Olga's control. 

I think maybe more than Stevens words, it's how he says them.  I mean the words are also bad, but if he didn't constantly have that shifty eyed look, or the "we gotta do what I need to do to get to my goals!" attitude, in spite of the fact that Olga will be right in the middle of doing something like feeding her baby is telling.  His kind of shoulder shrug attitude when Olga was distressed about him taking her son was also no bueno.  The fact that everything regarding the baby seems to focus on his feelings does not seem like a good sign  The fact that he seems to think that all he has to do is land in America and suddenly he will somehow be a better father is alarming.  America has a billion opportunities.  But an equal number of pitfalls for a guy with a baby under a year old with no job, no income and poor familial relationships who doesn't have a ton of patience.  

He should want to be a part of his child's life.  But at the expense of keeping him from his mother?  I don't know.  And that's what he is suggesting, that somehow the baby is better off the being in America, even though Steven appears to be unfit to be a single parent.

• Love 6

I dont automatically assume a mother will be the better parent. I raised a friend’s child when the mother abandoned the father. I was legally her guardian for years when the father was in the military. And lots of women breast feed for a month and switch to formula. Richie would be ok on formula. The best parent for a child may be the mother or it may be the father. The scale here tilts to Olga simply due to Steven’s very usnstable life. But I dont fault Steven for getting all ducks in a row regarding citizenship and a passport. I hope there are a lot more conversations about the future happening  but not being filmed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

Her outfit confused me.  I understand flashing a bit of bra for sex appeal, like Molly did.  But having a screen window for basically the entire front of your shirt was just weird. 

Where do you even find a shirt like that?

She looked like she was rode hard and put away wet.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

he fact that he seems to think that all he has to do is land in America and suddenly he will somehow be a better father is alarming.

I think it is ironic that Steven says America has better opportunities than Russia, if that is so then why didn't our boy Steven take advantage of all those opportunities himself?  Being jobless and couch surfing...both can be done in any country.  I will say that other countries are full of opportunities with better health care systems, why don't they go to another country (where getting a VISA is easier/quicker) for a while?  At least they can take time to get to know each other and figure out parenthood. 

This hit and run thing that he is doing in Russia is nuts.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I dont automatically assume a mother will be the better parent. I raised a friend’s child when the mother abandoned the father. I was legally her guardian for years when the father was in the military. And lots of women breast feed for a month and switch to formula. Richie would be ok on formula. The best parent for a child may be the mother or it may be the father. The scale here tilts to Olga simply due to Steven’s very usnstable life. But I dont fault Steven for getting all ducks in a row regarding citizenship and a passport. I hope there are a lot more conversations about the future happening  but not being filmed.

While controversial, I would say that all things being equal (and they rarely are).  But if you were literally just on the line and both people we're equal in every other respect, a child , especially one that young is better off with their mother.  

I feel like there are some studies about breast milk being better the longer you use it, but that's not particularly what it's about, to me, because you can get breast milk from various sources if necessary.

Ducks in a row is cool.  That is not how he presented it at all.  It was more like "I think the baby should come back with me because *insert self centered reason here*"

*- I want to see my son grow up

* - he is going to be so much more upset that his father wasn't in his life for the first year or two than if his mother wasn't.  

* - he will have more opportunities, even though I'm not sure I can quantify how or why

To me, ducks in a row would have been to get the passport and continue to work on the k1 visa.  If Steven has to go home, he goes home, gets a job and keeps working on that k1 visa.  He gets a place of his own, he gets a little money in the bank.  He goes back to Russia to see Richie as often as he can.  Maybe he stays with roommates so he can send the extra money to Olga to help with the baby.

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think it is ironic that Steven says America has better opportunities than Russia, if that is so then why didn't our boy Steven take advantage of all those opportunities himself?  Being jobless and couch surfing...both can be done in any country.  I will say that other countries are full of opportunities with better health care systems, why don't they go to another country (where getting a VISA is easier/quicker) for a while?  At least they can take time to get to know each other and figure out parenthood. 

This hit and run thing that he is doing in Russia is nuts.

RIGHT! from where I sit Olga has done far better in life than Steven who has had all that America had to offer, so what gives?

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

RIGHT! from where I sit Olga has done far better in life than Steven who has had all that America had to offer, so what gives?

I'll tell you what gives, laziness, entitlement, deep seated anger issues, etc...Steven should not ever lecture his child about work ethic, he knows not of what he speaks.

5 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

To me, ducks in a row would have been to get the passport and continue to work on the k1 visa.  If Steven has to go home, he goes home, gets a job and keeps working on that k1 visa.  He gets a place of his own, he gets a little money in the bank.  He goes back to Russia to see Richie as often as he can.  Maybe he stays with roommates so he can send the extra money to Olga to help with the baby.

Yes, all of that 100% but we are dealing with someone who does not see his life like that, reasoning is not in his wheel house.  Common sense tells us that if we want to achieve something in life we should work had for it, Steven works for nothing.

• Love 7
On 12/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, Dance4Life said:

Jonathan!  You weren’t at work.  You went out drinking.  Drink at home with Fernanda!  Invite friend to come over with another girl to chat with Fernanda.

My husband is not allowed to go out drinking with his buddies.

You work your 14 hours and get your butt back home! No stopping at the bar.

That is for single guys.  When you are married we drink at house parties or we ALL go out together.

Fernanda was going out because she was leaving the country!  Duh!  

How dare he shame her for things HE bought her.

In Latin American countries we don’t start clubbing until midnight or 1 in the morning.  Coming home at 4 is normal.

Y’all ever invite a Latin person to your wedding or party and they show up at 10 pm??  My parents did this one time and when we arrived the band was packing up their equipment.

I remember this from when I was little and my mom talking to my aunt.  We went to this American wedding and the party was over at 10!  Hahahahah!

You ever show up to ever Latin person’s house at 2 pm and they are sleeping?  Yea, it is cultural! 

What is wrong with that interviewer woman?  She asked Molly to tell us 3 things she wants in a man.  When Molly was about to answer she cut her off and asked another question.  LMAO

Molly was cool because we saw her true story.  This season is like actors!     

I think TLC is ruining this show and why they gave us Jesse last night!  Like, WTF?  

You are not even the American....Go Home!

I  see he has transformed himself into some MacDaddy!  Oh, Jesse!  Why did What is her Face have a bad arm and not knocked you out with her Louboutin???

I think even married couples need time apart. I am not talking every night but if 1 time in 60 days my husband wanted to go out with his friend for an hour for a drink I wouldn't have a problem. I cherish my down time out with my girlfriends. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, KateHearts said:

It can be ready same day if you have the money to cover the fees. I had a friend who was supposed to travel to Jamaica for aunt’s funeral. The morning of the trip, he realized his passport was expired. He was able to get a new one in time for the flight, but it was so expensive.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Isn't he a waiter? 

I don't know the timeline, but I can't imagine any waiter job holding onto your gig while you take an extended trip to Russia.  

But I've never been a waiter so maybe they are waiting with baited breath for "guy who doesn't like to be told what to do" comes back.  Sounds like he'd be a legit employee in food service.

Edited by RealReality10
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I thought she just had the shirt on backwards. 

• Love 2