Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Colt's face when Debbie talked about moving out was the first true emotion I've seen him display since episode 1.  I swear his lip even quivered a bit. I was also a little taken aback that Debbie is 66.  That is not old!! Who knows what she can afford, but an apartment for a single person in that area should be within her social security/disability/retirement budget.  She is a mom whose only purpose in life is to mother, even if her dear little boy is 30+ years old.  And what mom, ever, says "we've been together for 33 years"? It's downright creepy.

Leida is certainly suffering the consequences of the price she paid to gain entry into the US. Who knew it would be this bad?  It's hilarious that she thinks that by saying "I want what I want and I want it now!!" will garner results. I give Eric credit for pointing out that feelings and reality are not the same thing. He just can't quite knuckle down yet and say "ok, I have discretionary income every month of $400 after paying *some* of the bills [the ones he "selects" to pay], I have a whopping $800 in savings, which are all going to your flowers, so that leaves me diddly-squat to pay for what you want NOW."

Jon's mom needs to stop taking everything he does so personally.  Cut the apron strings, CiCi.  He's a grownup, albeit a massively immature one.  How many times must we hear you weakly say how hard this all is to "process" ?  All you need to do is show up and act like a decent human being.  Stop acting as if going to a bridal shop for a few hours on a Saturday required massive amounts of gumption and courage.  Stop telling us how you certainly didn't expect to be looking at dresses with your future daughter in law.  And stop talking about age-appropriateness in a wedding gown.  She is not a child bride- she's young but she isn't twelve.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, shockermolar said:

No STEVEN you aren't running errands for Olga asshat, you're taking care of your newborn son. Even my 20 year old son, during the pharmacy scene, was all "What is up with this guy? That's like $20USD. It's MEDICINE for your BABY. Gah!"

It's funny how it was all "my son" right up until the baby needed something.  From his *father*.

• Love 19
17 hours ago, Hannigram said:

Does anyone here believe her family spent 300,000 US dollars for her first wedding. Asians are known for having a lot of wedding guests but 2,000 is huge even by Asian standards. 

300K Indonesian Rupiah = $20.93 US  so yeah I believe they spent a whopping $21.00

If her family is so "very wealthy" why didn't she come with any $$$$?  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Debbie looked like shit last night, do they ration out their shampoo and water too? tightwads!

Lol .. I noticed that also.  Even if production doesn’t pay for the frills, you would think they would try to look their best, hygienic wise and clothing wise.  Soap, water, clothes and makeup doesn’t require much.  Add a curling iron.  And, how about some teeth while they are at it.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Rdh1314 said:

I don't see Steven as "fraught with anger" at all.  He and Olga are 20 years old...of course they're out of their element taking care of a baby! I understand Olga just had a C-section and fluctuating hormones, but she could make even the SLIGHTEST effort to be kind and loving to Steven, and things would improve greatly.  She comes across as a very dull bitch.

Olga, it seems to me, *is* being kind and loving (oh--unless you mean *that* kind of loving) to Steven, and he comes back at her with hurtful complaints, then storms out, slamming the door behind him.  I do not think it is coincidence that this young man, envious of His Baby sucking on Olga's breast, sat in a child's swing to deliver his whine.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

What I want to know is, why do these couples have to have a wedding in the first place?  Just go to City Hall if it’s too expensive Colte and Eric, specifically.  Two cheapos and they are having a splashy wedding.  I don’t get it.  Better to buy a bed for the kid Eric, and a couch for Colte’s big shot fiancé.  Better yet Colte, buy Larissa a dress that doesn’t go up to her he-ha.  She’s beginning to look like a streetwalker.

Courthouse weddings are distasteful for some ppl and outright prohibited by certain religions/denominations. But you can find a clergyperson to officiate a simple wedding for a couple hundred bucks. They are def doing way too much! Esp when the ppl already have children and/or have been married before.

1 hour ago, usernameG said:

Every conversation that Kalani has with Ansuelo is a trap for him. She purposely sets him up to fail with her family because she's a giant asshole. I think this is the couple I hate the most this season.  

Yeah, but if he wasn't so dumb, he wouldn't fall into the traps. They are all rather obvious. Why admit to having sex while broken up? Why mention the all the opportunities in America? Why agree to the hula dancing at the airport? A bright guy wouldn't be such an easy mark.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And the way she kept sniping that she should pick something "more age appropriate". Like maybe pink dotted swiss and some black patent leather Mary Janes with frilly ankle socks?

hahaha so funny! Your presence is requested at the wedding of Jonathan and Shirley Temple....

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think he can move on and find another woman in the States. Also, he can get a job, perhaps not his dream job, but he can work and make a living. 

But that's not why he's here. That's not how this works.

10 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I don’t understand your comment about single moms.  Jamaica is an English colony, and all those kids work at the resorts.  

i'm saying no one in jamaica gives a damn if Ashley is a single mom.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They broke up. Why shouldn't he have sex with anyone he wants?

He can do what he wants. But did he think telling her about it would endear him to her? If his goal is to get to the US and marry her, why do this? And then act surprised that she treats him like shit?

22 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Lol .. I noticed that also.  Even if production doesn’t pay for the frills, you would think they would try to look their best, hygienic wise and clothing wise.  Soap, water, clothes and makeup doesn’t require much.  Add a curling iron.

Debbie was battling Eric for the title of  sweatiest human.  I wondered if the house also lacked air conditioning.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Debbie looked like shit last night, do they ration out their shampoo and water too? tightwads!

80yr old+ model May Musk wonders aloud, "at what age do women give up?" Apparently, for Debbie it is 66, she waited until she was on TV to give up. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Mothra said:

Because apparently there wasn't any planning by them.  Steven insisted on going to the "fancy park" that they had to drive to--Olga (who must be desperate to get outside) wanted to go for a walk in their own neighborhood.  I forget what Steven replied to this, but it was snotty.

Basically, "who the hell wants to walk around this shit hole neighborhood??"

• Love 13

Because apparently there wasn't any planning by them.  Steven insisted on going to the "fancy park" that they had to drive to--Olga (who must be desperate to get outside) wanted to go for a walk in their own neighborhood.  I forget what Steven replied to this, but it was snotty.

I think you're cutting Steven a hell of a lot of slack.  I also think that the posters who are concerned that his verbal abuse might escalate to physical violence are speaking from experience with guys like Steven.  I know I would avoid someone like him like the plague.

Steven should have been putting that car seat in the center of the back seat and not the side, that is why he was having seat belt issues.  G-d forbid if Olga corrected him.

It was interesting to me that Steven seemed very comfortable behind the wheel driving back from the hospital, he found it difficult to pick up medication and figure out the money but he could navigate his way thru a Russian town with no anxiety.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, eatsleep said:

I wonder if Olga and Steven would have kept in touch and tried to continue their relationship had she not gotten pregnant. Was it just a casual fling or were they actually falling for each other? 

I think it was just a summer fling. Had she not been pregnant they would’ve stayed friends on social media and probably thought fondly of their time together. I think they are both honest about the fact that they aren’t in love. 

• Love 18
28 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They broke up. Why shouldn't he have sex with anyone he wants?

Because her horrific family will find a reason to chew him up and spit him out over it, like everything else he says or does.

• Love 3

All of the couples have bizarre parent/child dynamics - Ashley scolding Jay to tell her where he is 24/7 and monitoring his texts, Leida with her budget tantrums to Eric ("Just cut off child support this month to pay for flowers!"), Coltee Bates Motel, Jon gleefully financing Fer's bewbies and letting her throw his money around (conversely, her nagging him to do basic things like clean and include his mother on major life decisions), Kalani infantilizing Aseulu etc. Steven and Olga are weird because they're the only couple without an age gap who actually seemed like peers dating each other rather than Meet My Midlife Crisis Hot Piece of Ass and/or My New Instagram Trophy. (Kalani and Aseulu...I got nothing. Dad rebellion? Horny? He has a mommy kink?) What I'm saying us, they're the only believable couple who seemed to be on each other's level. But literally overnight after the baby, Steven transformed into Olga's sulky teenage son. Is this really all because the sex dried up for two weeks while she recovers from a goddamn C-Section and cares for HIS newborn son round the clock? Does he expect her to give him a handjob with one hand and nurse the baby with the other? That was supposed to be a rhetorical question, but you know he does. Talk about a Jekyll/Hyde transformation as soon as Olga had responsibilities beyond fucking him and feeding his ego.

Olga is a first time mom. But it does appear she did a lot of research on babies. She knows the baby will pick up on their nervousness and stress. She knew about the proper car seat. I believe she told him that when they were buying it, but he didn’t want to have to buy another one in a few months. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Then it doesn't matter if he told the truth or not. He's toast either way. He could be a fully trained baby nurse, with a ten inch dick and money hanging out of his pockets, but Kalani's family would still hate him. He can't win for losing.

And that, sadly, is the story of their relationship in a nutshell.  Kalani's constant worrying about "trusting" Asuelu, about his "putting MY baby in danger," her insistence that her family watch him, as if he is a psychopath who might lose his shit (and then insists on telling him all the time that he's "on watch" and not trusted)- will never, ever end. I am not sure who gave her the title of parent/fiancee/most-responsible of the year, but she ain't any of that. And? Her uptalk? "I'm thinking? That maybe? I don't really want to marry Asuelu?"... reflects the fact that she has no clue what being an adult is all about... and I didn't even mention the fact that she quit her job right before starting to pursue bringing Asuelu here- and that she needs her mother and sister full time to raise her son even though she isn't working.  She's nothing but a very unlikable, hot mess.

• Love 18

Further judgments:

1.  Coltee bought not only a couch but a matching loveseat as well, and they are not hideous.  Larissa has a semi-victory here because Debbie's favored couch was the 1980's one with the big overstuffed, attached back cushions.  Points for Coltee.

2.  Too-late-advice to Coltee and Eric:  If you don't have furniture, before your fiancee arrives, go to Goodwill or the Salvation Army and buy some.  Both of these institutions are very picky about the furniture they accept as donations (don't ask me how I know this) and the furniture they have for sale is perfectly fine.  You can buy inexpensive stretch slipcovers to make them fit into your color scheme.  If you don't have a bed, go to some discount store and buy a cheap mattress/boxsprings.  You don't have to have a bedframe--you can get one of those metal bed supports at Goodwill/SA.  Also sheets.  Honest to god, you can furnish a living room or bedroom quite nicely for less than $500, if you're a good shopper.

3.  Eric:  You do not have a "middle-class" income or lifestyle.  You do not "choose" to be thrifty.  You are poor.  You were recently living in your car, and that means you are poor.  If you implied anything else to Leida or her family, you lied.

4.  Leida, you were catfished.  Cut your losses and go home.  You are a nasty piece of work.

• Love 22

I'm losing the desire to snark on this show. I know we watch it for "entertainment" but there wasn't that much that was entertaining last night.

Olga looks wan, frail, beat down and just plain exhausted and sad. Steven is a selfish, vile human being. He continually berates her while she's nursing the baby. He's whining and constantly complaining about his needs and his pain. He's so messed up. I feel sorry for Olga and the sweet little baby who did nothing to deserve living in this toxic environment. Before the baby was born he claimed he was coming to Russia to be a good father to his son and to be there for Olga. He claimed he wanted the baby to have only the best life unlike his terrible childhood. Now that the baby is here he can't stand the fact that taking care of an infant is pretty much a 24/7 job. He wants to be the center of attention and for Olga to put his needs over the baby's needs. What a worthless sack of shit and poor excuse for a father. Watching this story play out is no longer entertaining.

The other disturbing and sad scenario last night was the racist trolling directed at Jay. He looked so hurt by it. In his case, it's not worth leaving everything and everyone he cares about in Jamaica to come here and be subjected to this viciousness. Ashley certainly can't shield him from it and she doesn't seem like the strongest, most capable person in the world. He should cut his losses, leave provincial Mechanicsburg behind, and head back to sunny Jamaica.

Anyway. That's my two cents. Back to the the snark, folks.

Edited by Matty
  • Love 23

Who knows what she can afford, but an apartment for a single person in that area should be within her social security/disability/retirement budget.

I wouldn't count on that. I have no idea what her financial picture looks like but it could be very limited. She doesn't appear to be working. I have no idea what her husband did or whether he left life insurance, a pension or any sort of retirement savings. She might not have any retirement savings of her own. She could well be disabled but not "on disability" which is hard to get. That leaves her with social security which is often not much, and Medicare for her healthcare (which may not cover all her medical expenses). 

On top of that, Debbie is relatively young. At 66, she could easily live another 20 - 30 years. If her means are limited now, she has to figure out how whatever money she has is going to stretch to cover the remainder of her lifespan.

I liked her on the live episode. I've read somewhere on here that Colt helps her financially which, whatever else I may think of him, her or them, I think is lovely. It's also very common in other cultures, for younger generations to take care of their elders. I'm not convinced that Debbie has the financial resources to live independently of Colt and I'm almost certain that she would experience a marked decrease in her lifestyle and quality of life if she were living on her own. 

I can't stand Larissa (not a huge fan of Colt either). Colt definitely has myriad faults but Larissa is greedy and selfish. She has no second thoughts at all about kicking her future mother-in-law to the curb because she thinks she will have easier access to Colt's money if Debbie isn't there. Of the three of them, the only one I'd want to be around for any length of time is Debbie. And if I still ate red meat, I'd happily eat her beef stew.

• Love 6

Drogo I'm assuming is male.  Not to make it one of those "if you haven't lived through it you have no right to judge," but just to see.  FWIW, I had my husband watch a little of Steven/Olga, and he had to leave the room because he found Steven's behavior so inappropriate and threatening.  He said his biggest fear when our first child was born was how in the hell we were going to make enough money to raise a baby, not when would it be his turn on the teat.

What men say out loud and what they truly feel are generally different animals, particularly in generations like mine and your husband's where men were encouraged not to show any weakness/have any emotions.  Looks like we may still as a society be footed in that mindset.  The fact of the matter is when a baby is born, men tend to feel unnecessary.  Not because they're insecure, but because... they're pretty much unnecessary.  Mom has the milk, she has the soothing touch, she is the owner of the voice/smell/sounds associated with the studio apartment where baby has spent his/her entire life.  Men can be helpful, but are in no way essential.  So we fret, and (while we admire and appreciate her) we envy what Mom can do and we can't.  We do the little we're able to, and we wonder if it's enough.  Most women are kind enough to throw a bone to the poor guy and tell him he's doing a great job when he's changing a diaper/burping the baby/some other completely replaceable job.  Most men also won't say anything about it (not directly, anyway) but Steven has.  

If Kalani had gone to Samoa after Asuelu had an appendectomy... and she was doing everything for him in a strange place with people she couldn't understand while he convalesced.. and he was cold and unwelcoming to her, telling her all the things she was doing wrong and none of the things she was doing right, and she expressed feeling unappreciated and begging for more acknowledgment- I wouldn't assume she was an abuser.

I cut them both slack, because they're just kids who had a kid.  18-20 while legally an adult is not someone seasoned in life experience or interpersonal diplomacy.  And while they both had no one growing up, Olga will always have someone from this day forward.  If this doesn't pan out, Steven will return to the U.S. and still have no one. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Then it doesn't matter if he told the truth or not. He's toast either way. He could be a fully trained baby nurse, with a ten inch dick and money hanging out of his pockets, but Kalani's family would still hate him. He can't win for losing.

Not really. She spent the $ for the K1 visa. He has his shot. All he has to do is act reasonably intelligent and he's in. It doesn't matter what her family thinks. She/they put up the money and are planning a wedding. A smart man w/ goals and a child shouldn't be so easily thrown off his game. If you want to go to America and the American woman who is carrying/raising you child is still talking to you, don't tell her about the women you're screwing 8000 miles away. Either don't screw them. Or don't tell her. Pretty easy. 

The fact he doesn't get this, makes me think he's in double digit IQ territory.

6 minutes ago, Mothra said:

3.  Eric:  You do not have a "middle-class" income or lifestyle.  You do not "choose" to be thrifty.  You are poor.  You were recently living in your car, and that means you are poor.  If you implied anything else to Leida or her family, you lied.

So confused by this. So he was living w/ Tasha for 18 months at that point? Or was it 12 months? And prior to that, he had been living in his car? At what point was he trawling for foreign girlfriends? While he was homeless and living in his car?? And while still homeless, he bought a ticket to Indonesia to meet her for the first time?

Are people ever able to work a job while living in their car for two years? I wonder how long he'd been out of work (what his child support arrears must look like)...

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I wouldn't count on that. I have no idea what her financial picture looks like but it could be very limited. She doesn't appear to be working. I have no idea what her husband did or whether he left life insurance, a pension or any sort of retirement savings. She might not have any retirement savings of her own. She could well be disabled but not "on disability" which is hard to get. That leaves her with social security which is often not much, and Medicare for her healthcare (which may not cover all her medical expenses). 

On top of that, Debbie is relatively young. At 66, she could easily live another 20 - 30 years. If her means are limited now, she has to figure out how whatever money she has is going to stretch to cover the remainder of her lifespan.

I liked her on the live episode. I've read somewhere on here that Colt helps her financially which, whatever else I may think of him, her or them, I think is lovely. It's also very common in other cultures, for younger generations to take care of their elders. I'm not convinced that Debbie has the financial resources to live independently of Colt and I'm almost certain that she would experience a marked decrease in her lifestyle and quality of life if she were living on her own. 

I can't stand Larissa (not a huge fan of Colt either). Colt definitely has myriad faults but Larissa is greedy and selfish. She has no second thoughts at all about kicking her future mother-in-law to the curb because she thinks she will have easier access to Colt's money if Debbie isn't there. Of the three of them, the only one I'd want to be around for any length of time is Debbie. And if I still ate red meat, I'd happily eat her beef stew.

Well, then Debbie needs to start acting nice! Or, at least fake it till yah make it and she has secured her MIL Suite! Same for Larissa. She needs to be nice to her MIL.  Especially, if it is best for Debbie to be a live-in. Coltee already warned her....don’t make me choose.

Same for Jon’s mom. She needs to be nice or else she will lose Jon.  Fernanda seems to want family in her life. Feel welcome at the very least and get to know each other.

I didn’t realize it but my husband and I were the same age as Jon and Fer when we married. I was the teen.  Now, we are older and I am just old like him!  Lol! We don’t share the same decade...that is all! No biggie. His family made me feel welcome, too.  It is important because once things get going and people start to breed it feels like every other week you have to spend time with family, etc. We are all still marry to the same person, so it feels like I have grown up with them. It is nice!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

She comes off depressed and lonely to me...like someone who spends all day at home, just waiting for her son to call her so she can pick him up from work. I honestly think a senior community would do her some good and force her to find actual friends.

• Love 20
24 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Not really. She spent the $ for the K1 visa. He has his shot. All he has to do is act reasonably intelligent and he's in. It doesn't matter what her family thinks. She/they put up the money and are planning a wedding. A smart man w/ goals and a child shouldn't be so easily thrown off his game. If you want to go to America and the American woman who is carrying/raising you child is still talking to you, don't tell her about the women you're screwing 8000 miles away. Either don't screw them. Or don't tell her. Pretty easy. 

The fact he doesn't get this, makes me think he's in double digit IQ territory.

So confused by this. So he was living w/ Tasha for 18 months at that point? Or was it 12 months? And prior to that, he had been living in his car? At what point was he trawling for foreign girlfriends? While he was homeless and living in his car?? And while still homeless, he bought a ticket to Indonesia to meet her for the first time?

Are people ever able to work a job while living in their car for two years? I wonder how long he'd been out of work (what his child support arrears must look like)...

It gets worse. Eric met her in Japan, where she was teaching.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Colt's face when Debbie talked about moving out was the first true emotion I've seen him display since episode 1.  I swear his lip even quivered a bit. I was also a little taken aback that Debbie is 66.  That is not old!! Who knows what she can afford, but an apartment for a single person in that area should be within her social security/disability/retirement budget.  She is a mom whose only purpose in life is to mother, even if her dear little boy is 30+ years old.  And what mom, ever, says "we've been together for 33 years"? It's downright creepy.

Las Vegas has many programs to aid seniors on a fixed income.  If she owned property in Seattle then she probably could have bought her townhouse in LV for cash.  I really don’t think she is hurting.  She did say the townhome was hers when Larissa arrived.  

The talk of the retirement community was a ruse to manipulate Colt.  

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

I am confused, too.....but, I think we might have to go to the Spoiler thread.  Hopefully, the dirt is there!

I believe it. He looks like a junkie. But, Tasha taking his crap.....makes me confused! 

This man is a complete loser! Look at all the money he has for wedding stuff on this episode.......but, didn’t get his own apartment before Leida came. And, expects Tasha to moved out to the No Tell Motel!

25 people attending his wedding! 😂 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Las Vegas has many programs to aid seniors on a fixed income.  If she owned property in Seattle then she probably could have bought her townhouse in LV for cash.  I really don’t think she is hurting.  She did say the townhome was hers when Larissa arrived.  

Colt mentioned during the apartment hunt that his and Mom's lease was up soon. So it seems Debbie and Colt are tenants, not condo owners.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Lol .. I noticed that also.  Even if production doesn’t pay for the frills, you would think they would try to look their best, hygienic wise and clothing wise.  Soap, water, clothes and makeup doesn’t require much.  Add a curling iron.  And, how about some teeth while they are at it.

Teeth!  Hahahahahahahah!  😁

Some women are just unhygienic!  Ummm, maybe why she is single.  Maybe why Mohammed left! Maybe why Azan is only a little bit attractive to his walrus.  You are right.  Is she is too cheap to buy some she can Bring a container and steal the pink public bathroom soap.  Paper towels. Toilet paper.  There are ways to get around the ‘tight budget.’

• Love 2
3 hours ago, eatsleep said:

What options? What rights? How could Kalani lose custody?? To Asuelu? In an American court? Never in a million years! For mocking the idiot wearing a grass skirt and no shoes who didn't know what a car seat was? I doubt she's even slightly worried.

Oh we definitely see Olga becoming more the humorless, wet blanket in each episode! Steven is just tolerating her (barely). He's there for his baby and that's it.  I bet he's thinking of a way he might secure a visa for Richie and leave her behind.

It was probably just wishful thinking on my part about Asuelu. Kalani is just the biggest bitch on wheels and I hate seeing her lord his own child over his head. She's seriously power trippin'  

I'm wondering how it will all play out in the future and how karma will bite her big ass? It's hard to envision the two of them staying together in which case I could see Kalani being found guilty of parental alienation. She probably couldn't resist talking bad about Oliver's father to Oliver.  Also, my mind keeps going back to her 'thinks with his fists" dad. He was just a constant font of anger looking for an outlet. I just wonder if physical abuse runs in that family? I mean, I hope I'm wrong about that, but they're so very angry and so very weird. If they are too angry, Asuelu could get custody. If he's a good father, he will at least get fair visitation in court. I can definitely see him remarrying before her. Kalani will never find anybody else because, well, she's Kalani.

I don't know. It's just so hard to watch her feeling like she's holding all the cards, and lording it over him and being so cruel, like every second of every day. It's like the movie, The Room. "You're tearing me apart, Kalani!" She's "trying to decide" if she wants to marry him but in reality she reeks of desperation. And, I don't think he will stay with her. Who could?

On a lighter note, Steven doesn't have a prayer of running off with Richie to America, thankfully.

• Love 10

Well, then Debbie needs to start acting nice!

I haven't seen her acting anything but nice. Larissa, on the other hand, is a rude bitch.

If she owned property in Seattle then she probably could have bought her townhouse in LV for cash.  I really don’t think she is hurting.  She did say the townhome was hers when Larissa arrived.  

I don't think they own it - Colt said the lease was expiring soon. I don't think that Debbie owned property and I don't think she has much. I think the reason she isn't hurting financially is that she has Colt's income to support her.

Teeth!  Hahahahahahahah!

Dentures are expensive - especially good ones that are halfway comfortable. I see this as additional evidence that Debbie really doesn't have much in the way of financial resources.

Ummm, maybe why she is single.  

Debbie? I think she is currently single because her husband is dead. 

Are people ever able to work a job while living in their car for two years? 

I don't see how but I suppose folks manage sometimes...

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

How many times must we hear you weakly say how hard this all is to "process"

and why is it hard to process anyway?  He's 33.  Did she never think he would get married?  

• Love 8

I find the whole concept of how these cretins talk about their 'children' as wholly abhorrent. Both Kalani and Steven refer to the baby as MY baby, as if their partner has nothing to do with the baby's existence. In the case of Kalani, she uses MY baby as a way to confirm that if she doesn't want to marry Asuelu, she'll send him home and keep MY baby, because, yanno, Oliver is HERS ALONE. Then there's Steven the psycho, who speaks about MY BABY in a nasty, aggressive tone that is never warranted for the situation at hand. As if swanning into Russia at the last moment makes him somehow total owner of HIS baby, when Olga's been dealing with a pregnancy for 9 months alone, with no family to rely on. Fuck you Kalani you bitch. And fuck off Steven, you psychopathic piece of shit.  You're both egg/sperm donors at this point, and that does not a parent make.

As for Leida, her notion that somehow the few nickels Eric has to rub together are somehow ALL HERS FOR HER CHILD FROM ANOTHER FATHER, yet not one cent should to go to raising and paying expenses for Eric's actual biological children. What in the fuckety fuck fuck is that all about? I can only surmise she's trying to 'act' for the fake drama to boost her fabulous acting career, not.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

Something smells giphy.gif

I don't believe for a second we're getting an accurate depiction of what Steven and Olga's days are like.  TLC would have us believe she is breastfeeding the entire day while Steven runs errands and gets upset at her.  We couldn't see any footage of them planning their park outing... only the frustration over the carseat?  And we couldn't see them going to the pediatrician's office together about the baby's rash... only Steven's frustrating Lost In Translation experience with a pharmacist? 

I also don't believe there's any abuse or feelings of sexual ownership here - Steven was frustrated that they didn't sleep next to each other.  Which yeah, I get that and I don't think I'm a deviant.  Nobody wants to travel 5000 miles to be treated like an incapable nuisance.  I think my boy Steven's doing his best and feeling unappreciated when he's really looking for some words of affirmation that he's a good dad, which he really wants to be. 

Olga's insistence on doing everything herself ("Mom takes care of baby") and her patronizing "Steven/Steven/Steven!"s are alienating him; he's already feeling alienated in a place where he can't communicate with most people, and insecure about his abilities to father a child as a fatherless child.

And I'm not at all afraid he's going to harm her. 

We completely disagree on this.  I am very afraid that "your boy" is going to harm her, so are a lot of other people here.  Poor baby is feeling unappreciated, so what?  I haven't heard him tell her that she's doing a good job either.  Why would she want to "lie next to him" (which in my opinion is his code for "have sex"), when he's being an asshole to her?

You cannot say that we don't see everything, then in the next breath say that she is the only one taking care of the baby.

• Love 20

When I was 20 like Steven and Olga I couldn't have transitioned from the "summer fling" mode with a guy I was into for less than two months to a "I'm a mom with a baby and we're talking about getting married" mode without a hell of a lot of internal turmoil to work through. That is a big ol' adjustment for the both of them. Add into that the fact that she's speaking a second language to the person she has all the conflict with and trying to communicate those feelings in English -- I just can't imagine.  Their scenes just hurt my heart. I much prefer the other couple's scenes that bring my full snark wrath. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, iwasish said:

She needs to show him appreciation for going to pick up medicine for “ his son” ? That’s his fucking duty as a father. He doesn’t get applause for doing the right thing. He’s a selfish prick

Amen. Sorry, this is life. We can't always get adoring, 24 hour attention. Sometimes other people's needs are greater than yours - like a newborn baby! Waaah, you used to greet me in a happy way before. Waaah you used to be so excited to see me. Steven sounded like a spoiled child but is a grown man that should understand that and if he wanted to be the center of fucking attention he should have worn a condom and made sure Olga was on the pill. I said it before and I'll say it again; Olga just had major surgery. She looks tired. She is breastfeeding and helping care for a newborn. Now she has to tend to whiny Steven on top of all that? Fuck that.

Big weddings aren't my thing and I've never understood the importance of them. Princess Leila already had one and two years later she went back to mommy and daddy. She's hell bent on having expensive furniture and houses and all that. Why not take the money that ERIC is shelling out, go to the JP, marry and then save the rest to get a bigger/better place? Why even have a wedding since her family won't even be there and I'm quite sure Eric's people don't really give a fuck. 

ETA: Again, I'm not big on weddings so I may not get this but I don't understand why Fernanda would want Jon's mom's sourface there while I'm trying on dresses. I know her mom couldn't be there but frankly I'd rather be alone than have someone whose already expressed I shouldn't marry her son to judging my decisions again. And I'm not a fan of Jackie either, she's seems fake.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Gee, I don’t see any impressive floral arrangements at Leida’s first wedding, at least not on the altar. Maybe there were all at the reception? Or maybe those arrangements she showed the thirsty florist were just the venue’s usual displays for the public? Maybe even silk flowers? I’ve been to weddings where the lobby and other public areas have massive flower arrangements where the bride and groom take photographs, but they were provided by the venue as part of the ambiance. 

1A6FF8CC-29E2-4A7D-B016-BE843068833D.jpeg

But it cost...

DA530C92-C9B9-442A-A59A-F44711A00EAF.jpeg

And if somebody really paid IDR 4,000,000,000 (LMAO) for this:

F898D78F-9F0C-45ED-8CCD-F18FEC5EDF2F.jpeg

Either somebody’s lying or they got badly ripped-off...

Edited by CSS.MD
But I do add class, and I do add taste!
  • Love 3

Re: Stephen and Olga. I have really mixed emotions watching these two on this show and posting about them because they are so young, they both had pretty awful childhoods and don't have a ton of resources (financial, emotional, educational and otherwise) and they have this helpless little baby depending on them. But here goes...

With A LOT of help and resources, I think that Stephen and Olga could both be excellent parents. Stephen was neglected (and possibly abused) as a child. For a lot of people, emotional development is stunted at the age that the trauma occurred. I think Stephen is emotionally a toddler and I don't think it's his fault. That doesn't excuse his current behavior but I think it explains it. So many people have commented that baby Richie needs to come first and be his parents' top priority. That is true; but understand that Stephen was never anyone's first priority.  To be a good father, he has to nurture his son in a way that he has never experienced himself or seen much of in other people as far as I can tell. Further, I think Stephen recognizes that he had a crappy childhood and that wants better for his son. That's not a small thing. Plenty of parents don't ever get that far in terms of insight. 

I noticed that Stephen mentioned several times that he isn't sure Olga loves him. All I could think was "of course she doesn't love you - she hardly knows you." I don't think Stephen loves Olga either though I think he enjoyed the relationship and particularly the fact that, for the first time in his life, someone was thrilled to have him around. They had a fun summer romance but if there was no pregnancy, I don't think the two of them ever would have seen each other again. If both of them could think less about the future of their relationship (which is, of course, the entire premise of the show) and more about co-parenting their child effectively (whether that's as a couple or not), it would go a long way.

Add to this, Stephen and Olga are totally isolated. For young couples to succeed as parents, they need a strong support network. I don't know what social supports are available to young mothers and their infants in Russia but there are some financial and material supports in the US that would benefit this family. Stephen's grandparents were interested enough in him to appear on the show with him - I don't know if that translates into a willingness and ability to help Stephen, Olga and Richie on a regular basis if they come to the US, but if they are, that seems to be more family than Olga has.

Years ago, I had some familiarity with child welfare in Russia. It's bleak - much worse than in the U.S. Most kids who grow up in orphanages are on the streets by about 15 or 16. Survival sex is the norm and drug issues (particularly alcohol) aren't uncommon. If Olga grew up in an orphanage, she has already done better than most of her peers. She would have had to have a good amount of motivation and tenacity to find a program that would send her to the US to work for a summer. Her English is good. She seems hard working and determined. All are great traits in a young parent. 

Bottom line - I see potential. Stephen doesn't like to be told what to do - most 20 year old men don't. But if he could get hooked up with a mentor and/or a program that would allow him to safely learn how to parent by doing and how to develop a healthy relationship with Olga - whatever that might look like - I think they might have a shot. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

What men say out loud and what they truly feel are generally different animals, particularly in generations like mine and your husband's where men were encouraged not to show any weakness/have any emotions.  Looks like we may still as a society be footed in that mindset.  The fact of the matter is when a baby is born, men tend to feel unnecessary.  Not because they're insecure, but because... they're pretty much unnecessary.  Mom has the milk, she has the soothing touch, she is the owner of the voice/smell/sounds associated with the studio apartment where baby has spent his/her entire life.  Men can be helpful, but are in no way essential.  So we fret, and (while we admire and appreciate her) we envy what Mom can do and we can't.  We do the little we're able to, and we wonder if it's enough.  Most women are kind enough to throw a bone to the poor guy and tell him he's doing a great job when he's changing a diaper/burping the baby/some other completely replaceable job.  Most men also won't say anything about it (not directly, anyway) but Steven has.  

If Kalani had gone to Samoa after Asuelu had an appendectomy... and she was doing everything for him in a strange place with people she couldn't understand while he convalesced.. and he was cold and unwelcoming to her, telling her all the things she was doing wrong and none of the things she was doing right, and she expressed feeling unappreciated and begging for more acknowledgment- I wouldn't assume she was an abuser.

I cut them both slack, because they're just kids who had a kid.  18-20 while legally an adult is not someone seasoned in life experience or interpersonal diplomacy.  And while they both had no one growing up, Olga will always have someone from this day forward.  If this doesn't pan out, Steven will return to the U.S. and still have no one. 

To quote the mighty Eric, "feelings are not reality."  I completely understand that it's a major shift for both parents when a baby arrives.  And we haven't seen Steven do anything helpful with the baby yet for Olga to throw him a bone.  No diapers, no holding while she goes to the bathroom, none of that.  He ran an errand and then immediately flashed her a small box and asked her an unanswerable question as soon as he walked in.  She didn't have a chance to thank him.  

Since his questionable behavior started before the birth, I cannot, and will not, give him a free pass.  He is well on his way to being verbally abusive to Olga.  That is not something that tends to vanish over time without intervention, and instead just gets worse.

Yes, we haven't seen the "dark" side of Olga, like we have with the other couples, and I'm sure she's not perfect, but her world right now is 100% Richie.  She doesn't have the time, or energy, to be dark right now.

People love to try to say that they got a bad edit, and the reality is very different.  That doesn't apply to situations where your face is filmed saying the words.  

Steven wouldn't be alone in the US.  His grandparents care about him.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

She did say the townhome was hers when Larissa arrived.  

I remember that, too, so I'm really confused. How could Colt say the "lease was almost up" unless they were RENTING? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Jon's mom needs to stop taking everything he does so personally.  Cut the apron strings, CiCi.  He's a grownup, albeit a massively immature one.  How many times must we hear you weakly say how hard this all is to "process" ?  All you need to do is show up and act like a decent human being.  Stop acting as if going to a bridal shop for a few hours on a Saturday required massive amounts of gumption and courage.  Stop telling us how you certainly didn't expect to be looking at dresses with your future daughter in law.  And stop talking about age-appropriateness in a wedding gown.  She is not a child bride- she's young but she isn't twelve.

I really don't understand what her problem is. Is it Fernanda's age? If so, would she be fine with him marrying someone who is his age? And why was she making an issue out of him saying he would not marry, only to then find he had proposed? I guess I don't understand; parents know how fickle their kids can be. They change their mind or opinions in the blink of an eye. I just don't get why she's so anguished over this; the man is 32. He has a career. He's out on his own. He's in another state. He's living his own life. I learned long ago that our kids choose who they want and sometimes if they are going to make a mistake it is ultimately their's to make*. Nothing makes them run faster into the arms of someone than you saying you don't like their mate. She should let this one go. 

I do agree Fernanda is too young to marry but she's here and they seem hellbent on being together. Plus I don't really think she gives a damn about Fernanda's well being; I think she just wants to control her son.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I remember that, too, so I'm really confused. How could Colt say the "lease was almost up" unless they were RENTING? 

Maybe the lease is in her name and Coltee's squatting. 

• Love 4