Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Sodium Pentothal? 

Leida seems entirely too focused on money-how much her family has, and how much she THINKS Eric has. Even when she said she wanted to be a doctor in the US she said it was “because they make lots of money.” No mention of wanting to cure people or make the world a better place, just greed

I have a sudden image of Angela in a bar scrunching her leathered face to read a vial of Sodium Pentothal that shares her hand with a smoldering cigarette still as she says, "I can't even pronounce this sh%t so it must mean we gonna get f*cked up good tonight! Yee-hah!"

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I had wondered if Kalani was coming to Southern Utah. I know she and Asuelu were here at one time but I was not sure if they were just visiting national parks or family or living here. It makes a lot of sense if they are or were here. Southern Utah has tons of 2nd homes for Californians and a large Samoan community. As much as it may seem crazy to viewers that she quits her job and moves to Utah, I think it is part of her culture. I also think with all of her father's complaining about her having a baby and marrying a Samoan , he should consider that not everyone would find it normal to go live with family and have family be so much a part of their lives. I had a close friend that was considering marrying a Samoan man and she just could not because the family was there all the time. They would pop in at 11pm and start cooking a full like thanksgiving size meal. Granted when you have small kids the extra help is nice, you must be willing to have an open door policy.  

I also wonder if they are coming to southern Utah or Utah so Asuelu can start work, plenty of under the table construction work here and a huge need for all trades and people willing to train. Maybe they just did not want to say on TV? Literally any able bodied person with no experience but willing to work hard can make $20-25 an hr to start and learn a trade and if her family owns a home, the rest of the cost of living is super cheap. Plus with a large Samoan community, you will find cultural events and plenty of food (in fact I went to the best Samoan food truck last weekend, the whole family works in, they have the small children up to the grandmother working, the truck is owned by one of the younger men but the whole family pitches in). 

Johnathan and Feranda story line seems to be moving quicker? they are already on month 2 and some of the others have barely been here a week. I kind of feel like their drama is manufactured. So far if it was not for finding the panties and jealous club behavior, there would not be much of anything to show. 

I also wonder about Ledia's medical degree. She said she could just be a general practice in her country. Her father is a cancer surgeon trained in her country. So does Ledia just need a residency in the US or to start medical school over. I have seen both happen. Some countries require you to start over and some just require a new residency. Either way Eric's hometown is not the ideal lace for someone looking to further themselves in medicine. Most places that have lots of teaching hospitals are in large cities and large cities and expensive to live in. I cant see Eric moving to New England and paying the cost of living and as a resident Ledia would be making peanuts for at least 3 if not more years. 

• Love 6

I think they gave the interviewer a bigger blue chair.  Thank goodness, because it was nerve wracking waiting for the smaller one to topple over as she swiveled about.  Angela seemed medicated, but must've lost it for a few seconds because they cut her words. 

We're being so manipulated with set up situations that the producers are actually making the show boring and predictable.  Everyone has a friend/relative with an issue. Duh! They are falling into a formula mode.

Why does Larissa add an 'e' sound to her words?  Is it a Portuguese thing?

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I had wondered if Kalani was coming to Southern Utah. I know she and Asuelu were here at one time but I was not sure if they were just visiting national parks or family or living here. It makes a lot of sense if they are or were here. Southern Utah has tons of 2nd homes for Californians and a large Samoan community. As much as it may seem crazy to viewers that she quits her job and moves to Utah, I think it is part of her culture. I also think with all of her father's complaining about her having a baby and marrying a Samoan , he should consider that not everyone would find it normal to go live with family and have family be so much a part of their lives. I had a close friend that was considering marrying a Samoan man and she just could not because the family was there all the time. They would pop in at 11pm and start cooking a full like thanksgiving size meal. Granted when you have small kids the extra help is nice, you must be willing to have an open door policy.  

I also wonder if they are coming to southern Utah or Utah so Asuelu can start work, plenty of under the table construction work here and a huge need for all trades and people willing to train. Maybe they just did not want to say on TV? Literally any able bodied person with no experience but willing to work hard can make $20-25 an hr to start and learn a trade and if her family owns a home, the rest of the cost of living is super cheap. Plus with a large Samoan community, you will find cultural events and plenty of food (in fact I went to the best Samoan food truck last weekend, the whole family works in, they have the small children up to the grandmother working, the truck is owned by one of the younger men but the whole family pitches in). 

Supposedly, the Dad is not into the Samoan culture, people or brown men. He has a white wife. They haven’t bothered to show us the dad and Asuelu bonding over Samoan culture. They didn’t even bother to cook Asuelu a Samoan meal. They are eating bologna and grocery store fried chicken.  They keep cracking him about Samoan stuff but I would just tell them.....you are Samoan, too. And, laugh in their face. 

Maybe be moving to Utah is great so Asuelu can be with his people! 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

when she was upset, there was something about the way he was staring off into space that made me think that he was thinking about drinking. Granted, a lot of men think about drinking when women fuss, but he was really thinking hard about it! Instead of trying to really help her through the situation like a prospective husband would, he just glazed over and snapped at her defensively a few times.

I actually cringed at this scene, looked over at Mr. Shockermolar and said, "I think I'm scared for her - he's so completely checked out and when he looks at her all I see is seething rage that she's questioning him."  I mean, honestly WHAT DID HE THING was going to happen? To what degree did he actually outright lie to her I wonder and how much of it was her deluding herself about what he actually is. Also DUDE the little boy wants to be cuddled by his grandpa (not his mom who looked absolutely panicked when he was crying) and not you. Oh, and by the way all of you adults, you left a toddler asleep and strapped into a car seat all alone for a solid 10 minutes. WTF?

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Cyberstalking Cultee's exes.

Thinking more like "Checking their current addresses and place of employment to ensure he's still 1000 feet away from their residence/workplace."

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I can understand Coltee not giving Larissa access to the credit card until after the wedding.  Or he could call his bank and give her say, $500 on his card. He could easily have told mother that the budget for a new sofa is X, and that Larissa can choose one up to that value. There really isn't much room in the Coltee/Mother dynamic to include a wife.  Debbie needs to cut the cord and let Coltee grow a spine and grow up and make his own life choices. And deal with the consequences of them.

I tried to be understanding about Colt's relationship dynamic with his mother, but the joint bank account and credit card put me over the edge. There's a reason Colt couldn't keep an American girlfriend, and its not just because he's a huge nerd with multiple cats. He's already married to his mother, and its obvious to anyone by the end of the second date.  I thought he said in episode 1 that he's a software developer? I work in software and they make good money. Certainly good enough to buy a car with air conditioning and a hood that doesn't appear to have been damaged at some point. 

The Kalini/Koloni sibling naming scheme is the worst ever. That's just wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start. 

Ashley's friend needs to get her own life. Ashley doesn't care if he cheated, so why are you so emotionally invested in this? Same goes for Koloni. 

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 11

Leida still hasn’t figure out that she is the Sugar Momma???

Eric is no sugar daddy and the American kid adoption and green card are NOT free! 

I can’t wait until Eric has the dowry talk with Dr. Dad Leida. 

Introduction to American doctors (per Sister Leida’s request) is more dowry! ???‍⚕️???

• Love 7

If Leida's father is a super star, famous and world renowned surgeon, it makes no sense that she will never get above a low paying GP in her country.  In the US, if your family members were well respected doctors at a hospital, you can guarantee that their children could move up the ladder at that hospital really quickly.  I can't believe that there is less nepotism in Indonesia in this regards.  If she was to stay the course in Indonesia she would be living a much posher lifestyle than in the US, even after she got her credentials. 

Is Ashley a super fan or something?  Nothing is making sense with her story.  She bailed on two weddings because she was cheated on, but is willing to go through with a third, despite being cheated on, and not caring if it happens again.  The only difference is she gets to be on television this time.  So, super fan?  Career aspirations as a model or in the TV business? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Sodium Pentothal? 

Leida seems entirely too focused on money-how much her family has, and how much she THINKS Eric has. Even when she said she wanted to be a doctor in the US she said it was “because they make lots of money.” No mention of wanting to cure people or make the world a better place, just greed

That's what I thought too.

I thought it was a big no-no for rich people to talk about money since it's impolite to talk about money.

She talks more about money than the other women on this show who come from poor backgrounds or the ones that look like they're just marrying someone American because they think every American is rich based on what they see in movies.

And if she wanted to make the world a better place she would stay in Indonesia. Here in Indonesia if you want a medical license you first have to intern in a remote Island at a puskesmas or village clinic for very low salary. That is how most doctors begin their career in Indonesia. My aunt's and cousins did the same.

I wonder if she ever took this village internship at all I n Indonesia.  Can you imagine? would be so high-maintenance & snobby about living in small villages with no maids too.

If she never did the work in the villages then she never practiced in I Indonesia as a doctor.

Edited by Indomie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, Indomie said:

I thought it was a big no-no for rich people to talk about money since it's impolite to talk about money.

She talks more about money than the other women on this show who come from poor backgrounds or the ones that look like they're just marrying someone American because they think every American is rich based on what they see in movies.

And if she wanted to make the world a better place she would stay in Indonesia. Here in Indonesia if you want a medical license you first have to intern in a remote Island at a puskesmas or village clinic for very low salary. That is how most doctors begin their career in Indonesia. My aunt's and cousins did the same.

I wonder if she ever took this village internship at all I n Indonesia.  Can you imagine? would be so high-maintenance & snobby about living in small villages with no maids too.

If she never did the work in the villages then she never practiced in I Indonesia as a doctor.

On one of my trips to Malaysia I stayed with a local family of doctors and the young son had just returned from medical school. He studied in Russia.  He was about to do his Internship in his hometown. He called himself a government slave.

I am going to guess (you are right. Talking about money/salary is impolite and you only listen to what they share) it is because the system is based on national healthcare. 

He wanted to be an OB/GYN because this guaranteed  you always stayed busy and in demand. 

Either you go private (for wealthy people) or you come to work in a country like US that doesn’t have national insurance.

Leida has a long way to become a doctor in US. Not that it can’t be done and hopefully she succeeds. You apply for internships and go where accepted.  

Where I live, even for RNs. If you don’t have a 4.0 GPA it is very difficult to land that first job at a hospital. They go over everything. 

Olga! How prehistoric was that hospital?  Russia is just a sad place. I am kinda glad she got that c-section because I can’t imagine how they will treat someone in a long labor.

I have a feeling that the guy (forgot his name) needed special permission to attend birth because they are  not married.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Dance4Life said:

Olga! How prehistoric was that hospital?  Russia is just a sad place. I am kinda glad she got that c-section because I can’t imagine how they will treat someone in a long labor.

I have a feeling that the guy (forgot his name) needed special permission to attend birth because they are  not married.

Olga and Steven are my favorites.

I'm sure if it was needed going in with a tv crew is his special permission.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Paying for medical school? Guy can barely pay the rent. Has it been established that Leida's had any higher education that she could even get into medical school here in the states or is she starting off fresh needing a bachelor's somewhere?

He's an idiot for thinking his hovel would be pleasing or acceptable to her and she's an idiot for not asking for a Skype viewing of his place before she bought a plane ticket. Plenty of stupidity to go around on both parts.

This pissed me off. Nothing like dismissing her legitimate disappointment. What did he think she'd say? She got mad at him for the way he packed the trunk with luggage. Did he think his sad apartment with 1.5 beds and air couch would be satisfactory? Where's Alless supposed to sleep? No preparations or thoughts were put into planning her arrival. Even if he tried, made sure the place was clean, tried for some suitable furniture she still wouldn't be happy but at least he wouldn't have to be mortally embarrassed that the entire TLC 90 Day Fiance watching public thinks you live in a shithole.

I think with the money he spent at the Poconos and a measly cheesesteak sandwich he could have bought a couch, King size mattress  and paid for some housekeeping to start fresh. 

If Leida, didn’t like it.  Well, too bad!

Marrying an American bum doesn’t come with a lot of perks! 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I got this exact cheesesteak on Thursday at Reading Terminal Market (By George).  It was $9.75.  No excuse for not buying a second one, Eric.  

There was a cup of coffee on the table.  He hasn't been in that apartment for what, a week?  And he left a full cup of black coffee on the table and a sink of dirty dishes.  Pig.

I look at that whole messy apartment and I see a parenting fail, his daughter/roommate has got to be feeling a certain way, he cannot afford things for his children and he goes and buys a foreign bride, something tells me his apartment is not exactly clean on the regular, he probably leaves his half full coffee cup where ever and I don't see him as a bathroom scrubber.

His ex wife is having the last laugh now.

• Love 23
12 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Vegas Sister Wives Power Struggle

Larissa tried so hard to conceal her displeasure at "staying home everyday... with Debbie" but she failed. The whole viewership saw right through it.

The producers set up the feuding sister wives to pretend to shop for a sofa at some depressing mall where, instead of beautifully staged, full living room displays, couches are crowded on the floor like horizontal Upholstery Tetris. First wife Debbie tells us what we could already guess, that she likes couches (and everything else, including Cultee) old-fashioned and overstuffed. Hell, last episode Debbie was wearing her fanciest royal blue T-short with a velvet painting style of wolves under the moonlight, that made it clear she has no taste. Naturally, fashion-conscious Larissa claims to prefer modern.

"I can buy everything I want," Larissa tells us, because that's what she's been promised... ominously adding "if I'm with Debbie." Uh oh. I believe this means "Debbie is going to get what she wants, my approval is solicited to better be ignored."

Debbie plops herself down on the ugliest couch that catches her wonky eye and loves it immediately. Do the sister wives agree on this couch? Larissa likes the classy neutral color! Wow, I didn't expect that... but just to be a contrarian, Debbie immediately grows a love of bold colors and rebuffs Larissa's taste for subtlety.

But there is a shocking, startling development. Larissa points to a dumpy, bulky monstrosity of a corner couch the color and surface texture of a fresh turd, and looking well worn. She decides that it's the couch she wants to surprise Cultee with! Debbie nixes it, because you can't have pleather with cats; I see this more as a feature than a bug. It' a huge scratching post they're going to absolutely love, and who cares if the cats destroy the eyesore? The faster they shred it, the better it is.

WAIT. WHAT? Cultee and First Wife share a bank account and credit cards? Can anyone imagine being married to someone, and have their mother-in-law being a hostile, unrelenting, and nosy cockblock to their household spending decisions? You don't have to be a psychic to foresee this being a colossal point of contention in the relationship!

Later on, First Wife Debbie and her mortal enemy Larissa pick up Cultee at his work place. Larissa suggests that Cultee come to see the couch and give his opinion of it. Cunning Debbie seizes on this to rat her out, then throw her under the bus: "She wanted to buy it, right then and there" she tattle-tells, her voice taut with the tension of unvarnished hatred. As if that wasn't malicious enough, the viper presses on: "and then I said, 'it's not right looking at something without [him] looking at it."  Larissa's face is 100% cringe upon hearing these traitorous words; she's a better person than I am, because I would have been murderous. "I thought we could do some things without you knowing every time" Larissa answers back, betraying her complete lack of understanding of how her serial killer fiance's mind works. "Well it's kind of a big decision, buying a couch" even though it was never important enough for them to bother getting one before. Grudgingly, Larissa vows to follow THE RULES. OK I think she does get it, after all. But Debbie hasn't yet injected enough poison, she needs to to add an inoculum of flesh-eating disease to the relationship. "Do you think we should have bought it?" she asks Cultee, hoping to elicit even more laying down of THE RULES to crush Larissa's spirit down to dust.

Cultee gulps, and has the expression of someone who hasn't taken a dump in two weeks. "I think my Mother and I will still be sharing a bank account," he tells the producer about his long-term future plans, adding "it's easier." So this cretin thinks it's going to be easier for him if his insane, devious, manipuilative Mother completely controls his wife's economic life. Boy he's in for a surprise. "I think Larissa will burn through my credit card at the speed of sound." So his solution is to have Sharpie Eyebrows Deb police Larissa. He's supposed to be intelligent? If Larissa ever burns something at the speed of sound, it's going the tires on their pressure-cooker-mobile of a car as she floors the gas pedal, screeching her way to the nearest divorce lawyer.

Next mistake, they visit his cousin John again (and his wife the living snapchat filter) in the hope that Larissa will have an in-law she can get along with, but John fancies himself an ICE agent and decides to interrogate her. I know the producers stage this for nearly every couple, so I didn't think much of it, but when the bastard suggested that Libidinous Colt use Larissa as a sex slave for 90 days, then ship her back to Brazil like a used piece of trash with vaginal friction burns, a flash of intense loathing burned bright in my cold heart for these misogynistic, odious, vulgar assholes.

3 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

The first clue that you're visiting a crap furniture store is that they can't even manage to display their furniture effectively. What was that place? It looked like a cut-rate Rent-A-Center.

It wasn't a good furniture store because on the door it said "NO CREDIT REQUIRED". That means they'd be paying $1400 for that cheap sectional couch (with delivery and tax -possibly more) that may have been repoed from someone who defaulted on the payments, and most assuredly is NOT leather.  Those leather like surfaces wear off fast.  Plus you don't buy the first thing you see.  That's an issue I have with Mr. Funky all the time.  And rarely do we ever end up buying the first thing we see.  Plus you don't get leather (or leather like) furniture with cats.  You also don't get furniture with textured finish because most like to sink their claws in to it.  Debbie TRIED to tell her that.  She wouldn't hear it.  I'm not a huge fan of Smother Debbie, but I'm not a fan of Larissa either.  Honestly, I only like Cookie Dough and the other cats.  The rest can eff off.

4 hours ago, JasonH said:

Natalie and her long gross line of cleavage got their 15 minutes. 

Ugh.  I shop at Torrid at the Capital City Mall too, Natalie, but boobs don't belong in cages (I HATE that style shirt for anyone who is top-heavy) and her pants needed a layer under - like tights.

1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why does Larissa add an 'e' sound to her words?  Is it a Portuguese thing?

I paid attention, but it appears to be that any word that ends with a "t", she over-pronounces it as "TEE".  So Colt-tee, not-tee, cat-tee, etc.

1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I tried to be understanding about Colt's relationship dynamic with his mother, but the joint bank account and credit card put me over the edge. There's a reason Colt couldn't keep an American girlfriend, and its not just because he's a huge nerd with multiple cats. He's already married to his mother, and its obvious to anyone by the end of the second date.  I thought he said in episode 1 that he's a software developer? I work in software and they make good money. Certainly good enough to buy a car with air conditioning and a hood that doesn't appear to have been damaged at some point. 

Ashley's friend needs to get her own life. Ashley doesn't care if he cheated, so why are you so emotionally invested in this? Same goes for Koloni. 

There was a lot explained in the live section about their living situation, etc, that confirmed a lot of what I suspected from the start.  As for the credit card, I suspect it's actually a debit card that draws from their joint expense account.

The only thing I don't get about the D.U.F.F.'s cheating accusations is this: is it like Asuelu where they weren't exclusive at the time?  That's the only way I can see Ashley giving Jay a pass on "cheating"....or if she was seeing someone stateside at the same time.

1 hour ago, Indomie said:

Most people that I know who talk incessantly about money really don't have much of it, but want people to think they do.

6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

There was a cup of coffee on the table.  He hasn't been in that apartment for what, a week?  And he left a full cup of black coffee on the table and a sink of dirty dishes.  Pig.

Yeah, his daughter said in the live portion that she had been away for 4 days, so she didn't make that mess by herself, and didn't have time to clean it up because she had to go to work.  And she specifically stated the coffee mug was his.  And gross.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is what I always say, nobody talks about how they will live, what sort of lifestyle they live, financial expectations and reality of their life while going thru the 90 days and what comes after...just lots of skype calls that go no deeper than "I love you" and "I miss you and I can't wait to see you" then when they finally meet it is nothing but "I can't believe you are here."  No wonder the house or apartment is always a surprise, the car is not a luxury car, the bank account has taken a major hit for the air line ticket and 90 day visa, and then once in the US the import is majorally disappointed in everything from the car to the home.

How can you love someone you when you never have a real conversation about important things?

These idiots deserve eachother.

I will continue to watch these idiots.

I would be willing to bet Eric and leida did discuss this. Leida obviously has expectations. Eric probably either flat out lied or simply hid his living situation. He planned a bait and switch. He probably drove all the way to JFK thinking the whole extended family would not want to make the drive to Wisconsin to see where he lived, thinking they could just hang out in that area until they left. He was wrong. He seems like the kind of guy that would take the inlaws on a 2 hour drive to a non-existent home in the Hamptons. ?

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

He seems like the kind of guy that would take the inlaws on a 2 hour drive to a non-existent home in the Hamptons. ?

ala George Costanza!

I do believe he lied about how life would be, like if he said enough it would be true.

Ex wife is having the last laugh, if you listen carefully you can hear it where ever you live.

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, Matty said:

The way Kelani speaks drives me nuts. She speaks slowly, over enunciates every word, and has the Kardasian vocal fry. Asuelo doesn't have a mean bone in his body. The way they treat him is terrible. Poor guy. The caterpillars on Kolini's eyes are distracting when she's spewing her venom against Asuelo.

Fernanda is beautiful She made a bad decision to leave everything behind for Jonathan and Lumberton, N.C. What a boring place to be stuck in when you're young. The 19 year olds that were born and raised there probably can't wait to leave. Jonathan is vain and likes having a beautiful young woman on his arm. 

Eric is 50, I mean 40, and that dump is all he has to show for it?

When Coltee's cousin said "I think Larissa is using Colt to come here and live the high life" I was laughing out loud. Who in their right mind thinks living with Coltee and Mama Debbie is living the "high life"? No one. Ever.

I'll add one positive comment to this thread. Mama Debbie's hair color looked a thousand times better. Thanks, Larissa. That is all. Back to the snark.

Well she is pretty hot to get her hands on his credit card

The way she puts an E on the end of only certain words is some kind of strange affectation.  ColtE maybe be on the spectrum but Larissa has some kind of issue also.

Leidas father said something about building a big house, I wonder if he thinks Eric can afford to built a house large enough for the extended family and they all move  over from Indonesia?

Can’t  stand Fernanda, another one who needs hours of primping to get ready to go out. And pissed off because she cant have fun ( get drunk). Enjoys dirty dancing with Jon(and I guess previous boyfriends) and being the center of attention on the dance floor. I wonder how many fights she’s had over some random woman dancing with her date. Was Jonathan dancing with that woman?it sounded like he kept saying “ I can’t dance with you! I’m engaged” Fernanda showing up in a rage and knocking drinks out of people’s hands, really classy behavior.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, iwasish said:

The way she puts an E on the end of only certain words is some kind of strange affectation.  ColtE maybe be on the spectrum but Larissa has some kind of issue also.

Can’t  stand Fernanda, another one who needs hours of primping to get ready to go out. And pissed off because she cant have fun ( get drunk). Enjoys dirty dancing with Eric (and I guess previous boyfriends) and being the center of attention on the dance floor. I wonder how many fights she’s had over some random woman dancing with her date. Was Jonathan dancing with that woman?it sounded like he kept saying “ I can’t dance with you! I’m engaged” Fernanda showing up in a rage and knocking drinks out of people’s hands, really classy behavior.

Only words that end in "t".

I don't care for Fernanda either.  She's a walking bundle of drama waiting to explode.

• Love 2

oh man.... so much WTF going on this episode. 

Eric only has a twin bed for him and Leida and no bed for her son?????????? How do you not prepare!?!?!?

Although I guess it's actually a bed whereas what's his face did even have that before his fiance arrived... 

And Colt and his mother SHARE a bank account!?!?!?!? Oh dear.....

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

4263BFF9-0C2E-4114-9B2E-027B9B126922.jpeg

There is a roll of quarters  on the right side of this photo.  Which tells me that Leida had better enjoy doing her laundry at the laundromat  — because Prince Eric is in no position to provide a washer and dryer.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

She was raised in an orphanage.  Just makes her story even sadder....though her tiny apartment is still levels better than Sgt. Bean Teeth's, seeing as how she's a pregnant 20 year old student, not a guy retired from 20 years in the US military.

Speaking of Eric, his teeth bug the ever living shit out of me.  The military's health plan covers dental work.  Hell, my father had dental work while on active duty during the Vietnam war in theater.  Surely Eric could have hit up a base facility at some point in those 20 years for a basic cleaning.  But clearly cleanliness isn't really his jam.  

Actually, no. Dental is covered when you are in.. but Eric did what, 8 years and got out?  Even of he somehow medically retired the Tricare retiree dental program sucks and barely pays for anything. I know because I was on it. If he was rated 100% disabled by the VA he would get some dental through them. However, if he was 100% disabled by the VA he wouldnt need to live in a hovel. The pay is decent.

As I said in the live thread Eric creeps me out. I was a woman Marine and Im prettty sure I can guess how he treated  WMs. He just gives off that vibe. I dont trust him. And what Marine says “I wanted to volunteer to go fight  ISIS”? He’s just so sketchy to me. Something is not right.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, JennyMominFL said:

He just gives off that vibe. I dont trust him. Ans what Marine says }I wanted to volunteer to go fight  ISIS}? He’s just so sketchy to me.

The kind that works on airplanes but tells everyone back home they're in sniper school.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

oh man.... so much WTF going on this episode. 

Eric only has a twin bed for him and Leida and no bed for her son?????????? How do you not prepare!?!?!?

Although I guess it's actually a bed whereas what's his face did even have that before his fiance arrived... 

And Colt and his mother SHARE a bank account!?!?!?!? Oh dear.....

They have one joint account that they transfer money into from their separate accounts. Bills and household expenses are paid out of that joint account. My guess is the sofa would be considered a household expense and come from the joint account. I don’t think Debbie was objecting to the cost, it was the type of sofa, leather (pleather?)  vs cloth. Debbie was against the leather because of the cats. And do think she also wanted to have Colt try the couch out. I agree with that. Colt is a big guy, he should be able to sit comgortably on the couch. 

I think Larissa was merely annoyed that she hadn’t been given the credit card...”YET” (in her words)

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, PityFree said:

There is a roll of quarters  on the right side of this photo.  Which tells me that Leida had better enjoy doing her laundry at the laundromat  — because Prince Eric is in no position to provide a washer and dryer.

There's also bags of plastic cutlery.  Which tells me Eric isn't into doing dishes or caring about the environment.  Neither of which surprise me.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Did Sister Kolini seriously say give up MY baby? Girl. NO.

Kalani is damaged something is wrong with her she couldn't even make eye  contact with her sister.  She looks brainwashed and beaten down. She looks like a Duggar. 

Eric thinks a twin bed is big enough for two people? I'm done with these 2. Run Leida. The mess was appalling. 

Colts mama drop him off at work and they have a joint checking? Done with him too. What a fool. And a tool. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 23
19 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Actually, no. Dental is covered when you are in.. but Eric did what, 8 years and got out?  Even of he somehow medically retired the Tricare retiree dental program sucks and barely pays for anything. I know because I was on it. If he was rated 100% disabled by the VA he would get some dental through them. However, if he was 100% disabled by the VA he wouldnt need to live in a hovel. The pay is decent.

As I said in the live thread Eric creeps me out. I was a woman Marine and Im prettty sure I can guess how he treated  WMs. He just gives off that vibe. I dont trust him. And what Marine says “I wanted to volunteer to go fight  ISIS”? He’s just so sketchy to me. Something is not right.

Thank you for this clarification.

And thank you for your service!  

So sorry you had to endure the Eric's.....wow.

• Love 5

I was so disturbed by Eric's apartment & attitude, I could barely sleep last night after watching the show. I want Leida to run back to her family so badly and it's killing me that her pride is standing in the way of her admitting she has made a horrible mistake. She needs to think of her son- Eric has already shown a creepy tendency to take possession of Allesandro at all times and always be touching him.  Not saying that alone makes Eric a pedophile- just saying it's a big ol' orange flag of something being wrong.

So on the live show, Eric's daughter admitted 50% of the mess was hers... like it was no big deal and he was using her as a total scapegoat.  Well, 50% of a garbage dump is simply a smaller garbage dump. Not excusing Eric, who is ultimately to blame but that place was gross on such a level that I was still appalled by her dismissive attitude toward her contribution of the mess.  In who's world would 50% of that pigsty be acceptable??  Again- not trying to take the blame away from Eric... just saying the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

PS- when the daughter said she was out of town at a convention for 4 days, who else pictured a camo-clad gun-toting assembly of rednecks?  ...Or was it just me visualizing that?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I got this exact cheesesteak on Thursday at Reading Terminal Market (By George).  It was $9.75.  No excuse for not buying a second one, Eric.  

OK, I'm actually going to defend him on the cheesesteak thing. I travel a lot of weirdo countries, and I don't want people bringing me huge portions of local food to try for the first time.  Because if I don't like it, then I'm in the difficult position of having to force down a huge plate of food I don't like, or taking a bite and making a face then letting a huge plate of food go to waste. 

A petite Indonesian lady who just arrived in the USA doesn't want to be handed a footlong cheesesteak and told "eat this."  I have no problem with him bringing one cheesesteak for them to try and see if they like it, except for the awkwardness and messiness of trying to eat it without utensils.  He should have taken them to Baltimore and gotten some crab cakes, those are a lot easier to share.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mambo Gladys said:

I was Team Kalani until she said she quit her job. Why?! Does Asuelu need a 24/7 babysitter?. 

I think that's usually code for "I had to quit my job to be on this show"

2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I also wonder about Ledia's medical degree. She said she could just be a general practice in her country. Her father is a cancer surgeon trained in her country. So does Ledia just need a residency in the US or to start medical school over. I have seen both happen. Some countries require you to start over and some just require a new residency. Either way Eric's hometown is not the ideal lace for someone looking to further themselves in medicine. Most places that have lots of teaching hospitals are in large cities and large cities and expensive to live in. I cant see Eric moving to New England and paying the cost of living and as a resident Ledia would be making peanuts for at least 3 if not more years. 

Leida's dad commented that he hoped she could continue her education here in the states and i immediately thought 'good luck getting her fiance/husband to pay for it!"

1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Plus you don't get leather (or leather like) furniture with cats.  You also don't get furniture with textured finish because most like to sink their claws in to it.  Debbie TRIED to tell her that.  She wouldn't hear it.  I'm not a huge fan of Smother Debbie, but I'm not a fan of Larissa either.  Honestly, I only like Cookie Dough and the other cats.  The rest can eff off.

I foster cats and have a few of my own and I MUCH prefer leather of fabric. I'll deal with some scratches over the pain it is to clean up cat vomit. I actually did switch out all my microfiber furniture for nice leather years ago and don't regret it one bit. 

• Love 12
Just now, gavinmac said:

OK, I'm actually going to defend him on the cheesesteak thing. I travel a lot of weirdo countries, and I don't want people bringing me huge portions of local food to try for the first time.  Because if I don't like it, then I'm in the difficult position of having to force down a huge plate of food I don't like, or taking a bite and making a face then letting a huge plate of food go to waste. 

I'll accept that, BUT... they also have great pizza and Italian salads. 

And right next to By George Cheesesteak was a place that sold these amazing Whoopie Pies, and anyone who doesn't buy a Philly Whoopie Pie for a child Alessandro's age has no business being or becoming a father.

• Love 10