Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Band Of Dads

• Start Topic

The group tries to be there for Sophie as an upcoming father-daughter dance recital approaches, and when she asks a very reluctant and arrhythmic Eddie to dance with her, it leaves Delilah feeling uneasy. Against her better judgment, Maggie agrees to have Rome in for a therapy session, but it becomes clear that her new friendships are a conflict of interest. Meanwhile, Danny confesses a secret to Gary; Maggie receives a visitor from her past; and someone discovers a cryptic voicemail from Jon.

Original air date: 10/3/18

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

So, at least they're not treating Eddie like this saint character despite being a despicable person, so that's a plus. I laughed at Rome and Gary's annoyance with him during the Band of Dads scene.

So, Rome tries to talk to Maggie and she keeps trying to refer him to a different therapist. What are the chances that he does not, in fact, call him in the next episode due to fear? It was cool to hear that Rome did learn the dance for Sophie. At first, I thought "oh, a TV coincidence" but when Sophie pointed out that her father didn't forget about her, it was less annoying and more heartfelt.

So....the voicemail from Jon to Eddie was just....to "love each other"? Really? That's it? I guess I was expecting something more dramatic. 

So, the Mystery of Maggie continues, with her running away from her past and her ex seemingly sleeping with her oncologist. There's a whole story there and I AM genuinely interested. Is she just running away from her sickness, or is it more to that? 

The stupid ass affair with Eddie/Delilah is, well, stupid as hell, but at least Eddie is finally realizing how bad it is. Unfortunately, he didn't say that they had to stop, so...not so much progress there. It sucks when you love the actor so much but hate the character just as much. I'm feeling really conflicted here, which is why I'm genuinely rooting for a redemption; I want to be able to watch David Giuntoli and not want to smash his face in for Jon. 

They're really setting up Good Guy Jon here, which is why I'm waiting for that moment where that reality comes crashing down for the characters but also for us, that moment where he starts to slip in his own facade and show the dark side that's clearly attached to him.

Overall, I'm still liking the show, but I'm taking it episode by episode for now.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, francie202 said:

Yeah... I really want to like this show but the so-called friend & wife (Eddie & Delilah) are making it real hard. They’re the worst. 

Yeah. That’s a big issue for the show. The only thing is the show is now having Eddie realize he’s an ass but I fear that he’s going to become a martyr in it now. Like “he’s Sacrificing His love for Delilah  because of John”.. which, uh, maybe he should? 

• Love 12

Eddie and Delilah are supposed to be awful right? Because they totally are. Not only were they screwing around on their respective spouses (who is also one of Eddies best friends!) but they were apparently considering kicking Jon out and having Eddie move right on in as the new dad (I guess Eddies son would just stay with workaholic mom?) which just makes the whole situation even more gross. And even beyond that, Eddie feeling all sorry for himself and almost screwing the poor daughter over, and Delilah not picking up on the obvious subtext of "I like this person", which was probably not intended to be a hint that her poor son should not be honest with her about liking a boy but thats how he obviously took it,, these two just seem like self absorbed jerks. I like everyone else, or am at least interested in their stories, but I just cant with them, and I do NOT want them to get together, no matter what Jon cryptically said before he died. 

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, izabella said:

What did Ashley do with that life insurance policy?  Why did she think it was her right to open the folder that was clearly labeled Delilah?   What games is she playing?

That was an insurance policy? Huh. It named all of them, right? So I guess self-righteous Ashley knew about the philandering and is meeting out her own judgement. Not cool. I'm guessing she loved/worshipped Jon from afar (across the room) which would make her nothing more than an unrequited philanderer herself.

What I/we really want to know: Was Jon's voicemail to Eddie of "Love each other" intended as a blessing for Eddie and Delilah, or did it mean for Eddie to love Gary and Rome?

• Love 8

Yes, it was a life insurance policy, and it named the three of them, plus a woman named Barbara something.  Ashley tried looking Barbara up on the computer, but her search returned "name not found" or something like that.   There was also a letter to Delilah, and I think one other document, but I don't know what that was.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Lily H said:

I thought life insurance policies didn't pay out in cases of suicide.

Typically that’s only within the first two years of a new policy or a major change to an existing policy.

etb: I was wron about it being a Trust.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Eddie and Delilah are supposed to be awful right? Because they totally are. Not only were they screwing around on their respective spouses (who is also one of Eddies best friends!) but they were apparently considering kicking Jon out and having Eddie move right on in as the new dad (I guess Eddies son would just stay with workaholic mom?) which just makes the whole situation even more gross. 

I babysat for a couple and the woman did the same thing. She thought she could move the new boyfriend right in, but she lost the house & the kids. I guess it is now 20 years later and the kids still want nothing to do with mom. They are very close to to the woman their father married a few years later. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Typically that’s only within the first two years of a new policy or a major change to an old policy.

The document did say it was a trust and you couldn’t make make out if the three plus Barbara were the Trustees or the beneficiaries but I am thinking Trustees because under Barbara’s name there was another section where it said Relationship which is typical for beneficiaries but not necessary for Trustees.

Trustees are legally in charge of the estate (money, debts, property, etc.), right? So if a copy of what Jon left behind is found, Ashley is looking at possible incarceration, right? Even if she is trying to do the right thing? Or not?

There aren't "a million" little episode recaps online, but there are quite a few with various details; one refers to it as an insurance policy dated October 16, 2016 (https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/million-little-things-episode-2-recap-spoilers-1202009421/ ).

I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep watching. James Roday's Gary is basically a kinder, gentler version of his Psyche character, which is great, but I don't need to see anybody else's cancer scars, and even though I am a fan of the other 'Band of Brothers Dads' actors, neither the writing nor the acting of their characters is doing it for me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

So if a copy of what Jon left behind is found, Ashley is looking at possible incarceration, right? Even if she is trying to do the right thing? Or not?

Oops my bad it was a division of Pension benefits  held by The Rutledge Trust not a seperate trust.. The three plus Barbara are listed as the Prinary Beneficiaries of his pension benefits.. Under federal law Dellialh would have had to sign a waiver saying she knew she wasn’t the primary beneficiary of his pension.

The Ashley storyline seems like it’s from a completely different show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Empress Josephine said:

know everyone is put off by the affair and don't get me wrong, I am too, but I am rather entertained by the inept sneaking around this episode for their little angsty talks. If only because I really can't believe that no one in this 'close' and 'family-like' group of friends has caught on to any of the googly eyes, pained expressions of 'forbidden/star-crossed love', the touching, and just general energy happening between Eddie and Delilah. Very good melodrama to meet my cackling needs.

I know right?  I am so exasperated, yet entertained by all their whispered conversations.  Yeah, totally NOT suspicious at all, guys.

Also way to dramatically milk listening to that voice mail by staring at it all episode long.  I know.... I know.... he had to psych himself up for it and that makes sense, it was just a bit too much on top of all the whispered meetings and the flashbacks to them in bed.

Anyway some other observations (I don't know all the names yet....)

I think Giuntoli is doing a good job as the guilt ridden sleazy cheater.  I think Roday is doing excellent as the snarky, trying to be cynical friend (and I adored his interaction with Jon's son).  I am not very convinced by Romany Malco's performance as the tortured, suicidal man.  I keep expecting him to be a little more comedic just because he seems to have the face and demeanor of a sharp comedian (and the way he delivered the 'Drink your mango tango tea" line).  So I feel a lot of dissonance watching him be all tortured.

I like the friendship between Regina and Delilah and even though we've only seen small glimpses of Regina she seems warm and friendly.  I want to see more of her pespective and get some takes on how she feels about stuff.  So far all we know about her is that she had a restaurant once.

I want to like Ashley but she just feels shady to me right now.  What is she doing?  I know she has been his assistant for years but damn girl, boundaries!

I want to also like the blond Therapist but the show feels so try-hard with shoe-horning her in with all these long time friends.  She doesn't fit in comfortably and yet she keeps being there.  Weird.  Also I am not interested in her own story.

And finally, they must have filmed this after they fired the original actress who was supposed to be David Giuntoli's wife but before they cast Grace Park because there was no glimpse of her at all.  But I am looking forward to more of her, like with Regina I want to know what the deal is with stuff from her perspective.

ETA:  I wonder if Constance Zimmer is the mysterious Barbara Morgan?  You don't cast Constance Zimmer as a blink and you miss it funeral attendee...

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 10

I don't understand why police put up crime scene tape and then didn't seem to do much of an investigation.  I mean, they only have the word of Ashley that Jon jumped, right? What if she was lying?  We know she wasn't lying, but, they don't. Was there video of it? They seemed to just take her word for it and not look into anything regarding his finances, business dealings, computer data, health status, mental health status, substance abuse, personal conflicts, conflicts with Ashley, etc.?

This episode's portrayal of Jon in those glowing flashbacks where he is loving, wonderful, ......oh my...very reminiscent of Jack on TIS....I really don't need more of that. 

Is the show going to really convey some message as to what you look for when someone is contemplating suicide? They do that Public service announcement at the end, but, it seems like there were no signs with Jon.  And, most cases that you read about say that there were no signs.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8

I just finished watching and...ugh...this show...

I mean, congrats?  I've finially seen a Daddy-daughter dance that didn't make me cry?

I thought the opening montage of Rome at Jon's office was well done, except I kept wondering how Rome was even able to get into his office.  I know, I'm not supposed to think when I watch broadcast TV.

I think Delilah has now taken Eddie's spot as "the worst."  I mean, Eddie is still a close seccond, but I definitely got the feeling from the flashback to the game that she entered into the affair because she was a bored housewife whose husband worked late.  Eddie, at least, is delusional.  I guess that makes it better?  Also, last week I blamed what I thought were performance problems on the part of Szotak and Giuntoli on directing.  I'm sticking with that for Giuntoli because, other than the scenes that bothered me last week, he's really been putting in some great performances in every other scene.  But Szotak is just leaving me cold.  I want to like her (Go Tribe?) but she just doesn't seem to have the chops for this role.  I think Maggie, while bizarrely written, is well-performed and I think that, once we see more of Regina, Christina Moses will shine.  But Szotak and Ochoa are just complete letdowns here.

I also feel that the 3 male leads are all killing it in their roles.  I feel like I have to say that because....

So, here is what is driving me bonkers about this show... The could just take Eddie and his story line completely out of this and not only would it not change the overall story it would actually improve it all.  I mean, I wouldn't be watching if that were the case since I'm watching for David Giuntoli (DO YOU SEE MY PROBLEM HERE!?!?) but the whole Eddie Saville character and story line is just out of place, not needed, and not enjoyable.  There were a few times when I resented having to watch his scenes because I thought really interesting things were happy with Gary and Rome and I didn't want to cut away to Eddie and Delilah and all that stupid crap.  

I really want to like this show, but right now it is just one big eye-roller for me.  I'm sticking with it, because I am a woman of my word and I promised 1.5 seasons + 1 episode, if the show lasts that long (which it may not, judging by the ratings...)

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So....the voicemail from Jon to Eddie was just....to "love each other"? Really? That's it? I guess I was expecting something more dramatic. 

That was so vague. Did Jon mean "love each other" in a general sense as in everybody love each other? If so, why didn't he leave the same message for the rest of his friends? Did he mean Eddie and Jon's wife? Or Eddie and Eddie's wife?

11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

They're really setting up Good Guy Jon here, which is why I'm waiting for that moment where that reality comes crashing down for the characters but also for us, that moment where he starts to slip in his own facade and show the dark side that's clearly attached to him.

Yes, I am looking forward to this. I think Jon might have committed suicide partly for a bunch of petty reasons to get back at his friends, starting with Eddie, the man who cuckolded him. 

@Empress Josephine I agreed and liked your whole post so much that I wish I could like it more than once.

I think this show is headed toward the not very good but still entertaining to me direction. Some of it is good but it's got some weird probably unnecessary underlying mysteries. It reminds me of Brothers and Sisters in that sense.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I really hope they don't try to paint that as Jon "choosing" Eddie to take care of Delilah....because if someone was looking for a new husband for their spouse, I'm not sure the essentially unemployed failed rock star next door who happens to be married to someone you are told is toxic and who is a lawyer and who could make life a living hell for your widow is the best choice.

2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

ETA:  I wonder if Constance Zimmer is the mysterious Barbara Morgan?  You don't cast Constance Zimmer as a blink and you miss it funeral attendee...

Oooh, good catch!  That hadn't even occurred to me!  

Also, one thing I forgot to add...every time they say "Band of Dads" all I hear is "the Big Three."  

• Love 7

I watched this late last night and really am pressed to comment. I really like this show (even Eddie). I see certain issues others have mentioned and others not so much, but I am thoroughly entertained and intrigued.

• Love 10

Did Eddie actually know that his buddy could step in with Sophie last minute and knew the dance routine? Because, that's a pretty cold thing to pull on the girl minutes before her performance.  I thought, man, he's cold. He suddenly got a conscience.  Man, he's fickle. 

I'm trying to figure out what Eddie and Delilah have to offer each other.............hmmm...

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

That would make sense.
Are Constance Zimmer (mourner) and Stephanie Szostak (Delilah) supposed to look alike?

• Love 4

I had such high hopes for this show, but it's just not clicking for me.  I like Rome and Gary, but that's it.  The other characters are either jerks or just flat to me (kids excluded).

38 minutes ago, deaja said:

I had such high hopes for this show, but it's just not clicking for me.  I like Rome and Gary, but that's it.  The other characters are either jerks or just flat to me (kids excluded).

You're awfully generous...I would totally include the kids in that assessment.  Neither of the actors playing Jon's kids is very good IMO and the characters are very, well, "perfect" and a bit cliche.   I'm still okay with Eddie's kid because we barely see him, he's younger, and he's cute.  Also, my son (who is also 7, at least for a few more days), just asked why we have wars a few days ago.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did Eddie actually know that his buddy could step in with Sophie last minute and knew the dance routine? Because, that's a pretty cold thing to pull on the girl minutes before her performance.  I thought, man, he's cold. He suddenly got a conscience.  Man, he's fickle. 

I'm trying to figure out what Eddie and Delilah have to offer each other.............hmmm...

Delilah strokes Eddie's ego in that she tells him that his music is good and Eddie strokes Delilah's ego in that he's hot, younger, and available.

• Love 5

I automatically went to Constance Zimmer being Barbara Morgan too. 

I don't understand so many things about what this show chooses to be. Lol. It's baffling that ABC would approve a "heartfelt" show in which two cheating leads basically maybe drive their mutual loved one to suicide? I mean, I guess there'll be another reason for it, but other than him having some kind of inevitably fatal illness he refuses to disclose to his family and friends to make them sad.... I  can't think what would justify the way they're positing him as such a happy-go-lucky seeming guy who'd just stroll himself off a balcony. (And annoying detail niggle: he never moved the bench the way Rome had to in his fantasy sequence. When Ashley runs out after Jon, the bench is quite a ways from the railing. So did he just hurtle it?) I know they want it to be a real mystery why he'd do it, but...I think it's gonna be hard to make it add up in the end. Especially if he's leaving little benevolent messages approving his wife/friend's affair.

Delilah and Eddie just seem so amazingly guilt-free to me, and sure, there's murmured "we can't" and "we're terrible" stuff, but they don't act like they truly have guilt over betraying Jon, and if he's so damn wonderful, why the hell not?!

The fact that there was no Katherine at all in this episode makes me really wonder how featured she'll be. I figured they'd give Grace more to do since they recast her in the part, but Maggie seems to have just strolled right in and taken her spot, kissing Rome hello and everything. 

Rome knowing/coaching Jon on the dance really seemed contrived to me. Why wouldn't Delilah suggest her daughter dance with Rome if she knew he'd helped Jon? And why did the daughter choose Eddie at all?

James Roday's guy is my favorite. I want to watch him on a different show with better people.

Oh and the Ashley stuff. I hope she has more altruistic motives than we think and it's not a tired old (another) affair. But man, she's really inserting herself in that whole business. 

Edited by taragel
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, taragel said:

don't understand so many things about what this show chooses to be. Lol. It's baffling that ABC would approve a "heartfelt" show in which two cheating leads basically maybe drive their mutual loved one to suicide? I mean, I guess there'll be another reason for it, but other than him having some kind of inevitably fatal illness he refuses to disclose to his family and friends to make them sad.... I  can't think what would justify the way they're positing him as such a happy-go-lucky seeming guy who'd just stroll himself off a balcony

I can actually buy this.  I've read that when someone makes up their mind to commit suicide, their demeanor becomes more positive.  Anecdotally speaking, I had a cousin who had battled mental health issues for decades.  All of a sudden, she started smiling again, cleaning her house, getting her hair done.  A week later she was found in her garage with the car running.  

Delilah and Eddie just seem so amazingly guilt-free to me, and sure, there's murmured "we can't" and "we're terrible" stuff, but they don't act like they truly have guilt over betraying Jon, and if he's so damn wonderful, why the hell not?!

This has been my problem with them all along.  Even if Katherine is as terrible as Eddie says and Jon was a horrible husband and they actually loved each other (which I really doubt) and Eddie secretly hated Jon, you would think there would at least be some guilt due to the possibility that they were guilty of his death.  Even when Eddie is presented with pretty convincing evidence, he's all like, "Nah, we're fine."

35 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Do we know that  he spelled his name Jon and not John?  Just curious.

I thought it was "John" but then I noticed that he's "Jon" in the press releases.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I can actually buy this.  I've read that when someone makes up their mind to commit suicide, their demeanor becomes more positive. 

But literally everything we have seen of him even 10 years in the past he  is super positive. 

• Love 2

This actually rings true with me.  The people in the affair make all kinds of noises about feeling guilty, but if they truly felt guilty for hurting their spouse, they would have tried harder not to hurt them in the first place by having an affair.  Yeah, divorce is hard on everyone, but affairs are a lot harder on the person who is being cheated on than it is on the cheaters.  All their moaning and groaning and guilt is actually insult added to injury for the cheated on spouse.  It's like, "Oh, so you sit around whispering and conspiring with your affair partner and talking about how sorry you feel, but it never occurs to you to stop cheating and tell the truth, or somehow that's too hard to do. Fuck that noise.  You're cowards who don't want to be held accountable for your actions and choices so you keep choosing to lie and cheat instead of respecting your spouse and family."

Edited by izabella
  • Love 16

I have some big question marks beyond the obvious motivation  for John’s suicide. However, the acting is good so I’ll be patient for now. One big question I have is why Rome was suicidal. Not liking his job doesn’t seem like enough of a reason when he seems to have a good family life. Another question is why Eddie married that woman he despises in the first place. Either he knocked her up or she changed a lot since they got married.

I like the actress playing John’s daughter. She is much better than many child actors on TV are with dramatic scenes.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm now afraid that there is no real reason that Jon committed suicide or one that will be revealed. 

1 hour ago, Athena5217 said:

I have some big question marks beyond the obvious motivation  for John’s suicide.

The writers may agree with you, and never give us the specific reason.

Why?  Because then his suicide is a big Rorschach test for all of the characters.  Four people who have four different theories as to why, will have four completely different reactions to the day to day events that happen over the next few weeks or even years.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm now afraid that there is no real reason that Jon committed suicide or one that will be revealed. 

I think that is entirely possible and quite common.  There usually isn't "a" reason for suicide.  Depression leading to suicide is a deep, dark cloud from which re-entry into light seems impossible.  Many, many friends and families never find the reason(s) why. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think the show has given us enough info that we know that there was some trigger.  Otherwise, why would we see Ashley and all her shenanigans?  My fear is that the show won't last long enough to reveal it to us.

• Love 4

I'm curious as to why no one seems suspicious of Ashley.  She was with him more hours a day than anyone else, including his wife.  She witnessed his death. So, I would think they would either be all over her, asking more questions, looking through his computer, etc.  Since the police didn't bother, I would be curious enough to do it, because, it could mean answers.  And, I might even retrieve it and get someone to find out if anything had been deleted since his death.  

• Love 2
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm curious as to why no one seems suspicious of Ashley.  She was with him more hours a day than anyone else, including his wife.  She witnessed his death. So, I would think they would either be all over her, asking more questions, looking through his computer, etc.  Since the police didn't bother, I would be curious enough to do it, because, it could mean answers.  And, I might even retrieve it and get someone to find out if anything had been deleted since his death.  

I think being suspicious of Ashley is just a given, because the show really, really, really wants us to be suspicious of her.  Personally, though, I just don't care about her.  She's not a part of the main story (although they keep sort of putting her in there, which is...weird) and the actress does nothing for the role.  

I also don't feel this big need to know why Jon committed suicide.  I'm much more interestest in Gary and Rome's stories and I know that, if there are enough episodes, we'll find out one or the other about Jon.

• Love 1

Late to this board because, after watching last week, I looked for this show under the "M's" and when I couldn't find it, just figured there wasn't a board and no one was watching but me. Now I feel like an idiot, but I'm glad others are watching and commenting!

I also have mixed feelings, as some of this is really eye-roll-worthy and cringey, and other parts are pretty compelling and well-acted. So far Gary is my favorite just because I'm enjoying Roday as an actor. (I've never watched Psych, but am now thinking maybe I should?)

19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, the Mystery of Maggie continues, with her running away from her past and her ex seemingly sleeping with her oncologist.

Wait, what? I didn't hear that at all...

18 hours ago, Empress Josephine said:

I like how at least Gary is checking in on Rome/ concerned for his mental health.

I liked that, too, but I also felt maybe he should have done a little more? I mean, maybe there was a conversation after the hockey game from the pilot that we didn't see, but I'm not so sure I would've felt OK leaving my suicidal friend ... Although at that point did Gary think Rome's wife knew? But maybe he should have confirmed that? I did like Gary trying to joke about his panic in calling Rome and Rome not answering, while the panic/ worry/ concern for him was very obvious.

5 hours ago, taragel said:

And why did the daughter choose Eddie at all?

Well, he is her guitar teacher. I could see her being closer to him than the other "uncles."

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Well, he is her guitar teacher. I could see her being closer to him than the other "uncles."

He's also the one she probably knows the best.  It seems like Eddie and Katherine live in the same neighborhood as Delilah.  Plus, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Eddie is around a lot, and probably very nice to Delilah's kids because, you know, he thinks he gets to be their stepdad. Also, Rome didn't seem especially comfortable around Delilah's kids.  Gary seemed the most comfortable by far, but everyone knows he can't dance (actually the scenes with Gary and Jon's son were, by far, my favorite of the night, even if I'm not at all fond of the actor playing the son.  Gary just worked so well with him...)  Rome didn't seem to have that sort of relationship with either kid.

• Love 8

I don't want to like this but I do.  It reminds me of thirty-something more than This Is Us, which I abandoned after the first season.  But if this show tries for too many surprises and twists, I'll be out.  Straightforward drama about work and home life in the 21st century can be entertaining, and even enlightening. 

That said, anyone know why there is crime scene tape over the inner door?  Did Jon damage the barrier when he jumped, so that it isn't safe anymore? 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't understand why police put up crime scene tape and then didn't seem to do much of an investigation.  I mean, they only have the word of Ashley that Jon jumped, right? What if she was lying?  We know she wasn't lying, but, they don't. Was there video of it? They seemed to just take her word for it and not look into anything regarding his finances, business dealings, computer data, health status, mental health status, substance abuse, personal conflicts, conflicts with Ashley, etc.?

Can't they tell by body position if a person jumped or fell? On cop shows they can always figure out if suicide is faked and that's how they start to investigate  who killed the person. I assume the cops did some kind of investigation to confirm it's suicide and we just didn't see it because it isn't important to the story.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Wait, what? I didn't hear that at all...

...ok, so they never said it out loud. However, with Maggie's ex calling her oncologist by his first name and Maggie correcting it to Dr. Whatever His Last Name is, I figure there's a story there so my mind immediately went to them being super close. I am willing to admit that I could be wrong on that. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I thought the opening montage of Rome at Jon's office was well done, except I kept wondering how Rome was even able to get into his office.  I know, I'm not supposed to think when I watch broadcast TV.

I had the same thought! "How did he get in to the office...and why is the balcony door still open?" 

• Love 10