Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

The title of this article talks about Darryl going dark post Beth, but says that all the characters go through a dark period dealing with Beth's death.

Reedus continued, explaining that Beth’s death is an event that may change the course of our merry band of apocalypse survivors:

Beth’s death is like Sophia’s; she sings songs and was always hopeful. Of course she tried to kill herself at one point, but besides that, for the most part, she was this sweet songbird, and that represents a part of humanity that you don’t see anymore. So when you put that candle out, it goes dark for everyone.

I wish singing songs when things were bad was all you needed in the real world to be seen as a beacon of Hope and Light and All That Is Good.

Never underestimate the power a really good fucking song that evokes an emotional memory can have on a damaged psyche, BrokenRemote (see the road trip soundtrack to walnutqueen's hovel).  It may not cure all that ails you, but sometimes an old fashioned sing-along can make the world just a little less unbearable.  :-)

ETA - Oh shit, I just realized this is the thread I've scrupulously avoided forever.  Curses on the "Next Unread Topic" button and thank my lucky stars I didn't read any spoilers! 

On Topic: I speculate Beth will be buried and soon forgotten.  (lame, but I needed to save myself further embarrassment),

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 2

Not really spoilery, but I'll put it here anyway (just in case)...

The Walking Dead - Season 5B - New Key Art

Posted by DarkUFO at Wednesday, January 07, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/the-walking-dead-season-5b-new-key-art.html

Thanks tv echo!

When are they going to show a promo clip?

I read the stupidest article yet that said the promo clip "could be released by February!"

I sure hope so because the season second half starts Feb 8th.

Two things:

In "Clear" when Rick said do you know me? and Morgan said people wearing dead people's faces, no I don't know you that was probably Morgan having met the Whisperers, so could the x in the circle be their marks he is following?

I hate to nit-pick before the show even resumes, but I can't help it.

I'm pissed off.

I like the poster art but I hate that it shows leaves on the trees they are supposed to be heading north and it cannot be summer forever on this show!

Sooner or later I WANT TO SEE SNOW!

Unless the Alexandria Safe-Zone is in Alexandria Egypt but that will be one hell of a trip on foot.

• Love 4

kikismom --

This is not spoilery, but I just had to comment on what you said about the snow,  The endless summer thing is always a bit funny, and it gets a bit old.  I think that a wintry landscape would actually add a new dimension to the show. 

The lack of seasons was a problem I had with Breaking Bad (a series I love) -- it never seemed to be fall, or a holiday of any kind (until Walt ended up in a different state, when we finally saw some snow).  The series was supposed to span a couple of years in the life of Walter White (and his family), and there was no Christmas?  No Halloween?  No 4th of July?   No Thanksgiving?

And on Sex and the City, it was almost always spring or summer (and there were never any holidays in New York, either, apparently -- not even Valentine's Day), although the seasons finally began to change closer to the end of the series, and we saw some snow.  And in the SATC movie they acknowledged seasons and holidays.

On TWD, I'm always happy when they manage to work in a subtle reference to a seasonal change of some sort.  For example, there was one scene -- and I think it was in Season 4, but I could be mistaken -- in which Michonne and someone else (probably Rick and Carl) were walking along, and leaves were very clearly falling and wafting in the breeze around them.  We were supposed to 'know' that it was autumn, I suppose. 

And then when Joe and his band of Merry Men were about to wreak some havoc, at one point Joe made a passing reference about it being New Year's Eve (I'm not exactly sure how he knew that unless he ran into Ryan Seacrest in Times Square, but he specifically mentioned New Year's Eve).

It's not that I expect the gang on TWD to stop fighting walkers and horrible villains to celebrate Valentine's Day, or go trick or treating in the forest on Halloween, but it would be nice for someone to acknowledge that the weather is changing and the seasons are transitioning a bit more often.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 3

I really love when Daryl has on a leather jacket over a shirt buttoned to the neck over a turtleneck sweater, and Rick is wearing a heavy jacket with a sheepsfleece collar...and Maggie is in a camisole.

They often show some characters bundled up...like daryl, michonne, and zach going on a run to the Big Stop in their jackets ---and then Zach can't get a kiss from Beth... in her Gidget romper suit.

• Love 5

My cynical viewpoint on why shows usually seem set in spring, summer or fall (at least the outdoor scenes) is twofold - it's probably cheaper to shoot in nice weather than in wintry conditions (no production delays) and they want to show off the actors' fit bodies in less clothing.  Here are the most recent promos that I've seen:

The Walking Dead Season 5 Characters Promo HQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24RCiA-6Go

The Walking Dead Season 5 5x09 Promo Returns in February
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAPYqnmoXU

• Love 2

TWD is 34 of 35 in the photo gallery...

RETURNING WINTER SHOWS: WHERE WE LEFT OFF
http://www.tvguide.com/special/winter-preview/photogallery/Returning-Shows-Where-We-Left-Off-1090785

The Walking Dead(AMC)
Premieres: Sunday, Feb. 8 at 9/8c

Where We Left Off: Rick and Daryl led several group members to Grady Memorial Hospital on a mission to rescue Beth and Carol. However, the exchange went south when Beth attacked Grady leader Dawn, who shot Beth in the head. Although the group was once again fully reunited in the wake of Beth's death, viewers also learned that Eugene was lying about the cure in D.C.
What's Next: Even though the promise D.C. once held has been revealed to be a lie, executive producer Scott Gimple suggests the group might still head that way in search of safety. Besides introducing a new character played by Alexandra Breckenridge, the second half of the season will feature more Michonne and explore the impact of Beth's death on all the characters. That includes the increasingly violent Rick. "He still loves people and he loves this group," Gimple says. "That's not a small thing. He's human, but he's willing to do inhuman things to maintain that &mdah; to keep these people alive. And Beth's death will only underline it that much more. How much are you becoming the monster and how dangerous is that becoming to the people around you?"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Never underestimate the power a really good fucking song that evokes an emotional memory can have on a damaged psyche, BrokenRemote (see the road trip soundtrack to walnutqueen's hovel).  It may not cure all that ails you, but sometimes an old fashioned sing-along can make the world just a little less unbearable.  :-)

Edited by RedheadZombie

I hate to nit-pick before the show even resumes, but I can't help it.

I'm pissed off.

I like the poster art but I hate that it shows leaves on the trees they are supposed to be heading north and it cannot be summer forever on this show!

Sooner or later I WANT TO SEE SNOW!

Unless the Alexandria Safe-Zone is in Alexandria Egypt but that will be one hell of a trip on foot.

I'm assuming you mean snow in another state.   I've lived in the Atlanta area for eight years, and I only remember it truly snowing twice.  The first time it just dusted my deck, and it almost evaporated before I could take a picture.  The second time was one to two inches last year - cars were trapped on major highways for days, and some schools had to keep students for more than forty eight hours straight. 

My comment is so off-topic, I took it to small talk.

Sarah: Brains, errr, zombie news, please! Anything on The Walking Dead?

Our hunger for scoop couldn't be contained either! We tracked down executive producer Gale Anne Hurd at the Producer Guild Awards and tried to pry as much scoop out of her as possible. When we meet up with Rick Grimes and Co. in February, "there will be a lot of action, there will be a few tears, and we'll be seeing an entirely new aspect of the world that we've seen thus far. That's something that I think the comic book fans are especially looking forward to," she tells us. As for the companion series that's still in the pilot stage, Hurd revealed they're knee-deep in filming now. "I've been on set every day," she says. "It's going great. It's another way to examine how the zombie apocalypse affects families, and we're coming at it from an entirely different direction and we're examining families in Los Angeles. So it's nice to be at home, destroying LA as we do."

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Vampire Diaries, Glee, How to Get Away With Murder, Empire and More!

by KRISTIN DOS SANTOS Today 6:00 AM PST

http://www.eonline.com/news/618109/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-vampire-diaries-glee-how-to-get-away-with-murder-empire-and-more?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Edited by tv echo

They're filming the pilot for the companion series in L.A.?  I live in L.A.!  I wonder where they are, or if it's all being filmed indoors on a sound stage somewhere.   They could be going the True Blood route and filming in some random, outlying areas of L.A.  I'm glad to see that L.A. is being represented (probably very badly) in the zombie apocalypse too!  Woo hoo!  Go L.A.!  ;-)  ;-)   It would be awesome to see some walkers getting trapped in the Tar Pits down the street.

I have lost all trust in Gale Anne Hurd, after she teased us with promises of big surprises and lots of tears in the mid-season finale (most of which fell a bit flat).  I realize that a lot of people don't follow spoilers and so they may have been a bit more surprised, but I don't think Beth's death would have been that shocking even to someone fervently avoiding spoilers.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2

Michael Ausiello a TVLine editor/writer says "proving that no good deed goes unpunished, an attempt to honor Beth doesn't just go wrong, it goes catastrophically badly (in the episode 9).

Edited by kikismom

Michael Ausiello a TVLine editor/writer says "proving that no good deed goes unpunished, an attempt to honor Beth doesn't just go wrong, it goes catastrophically badly (in the episode 9).

Oh God, they must have hired a mediocre young folk singer/songwriter! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Love 4

Cue hilarity as they all fall in her open grave and scramble to get back out...

• Love 3

Remember when Clara killed herself...and after she died Rick walked off having taken his foil-wrapped sandwich back?

I can see them burying Beth, walking miles down the road, building a campfire as it grows dark and they talk about how hungry they are, and then Noah says:

"You know, I just remembered...Beth had some lollipops in her pocket when she died..."

• Love 6
What’s coming up on The Walking Dead? — Jenny

Though everything seems bleak right now following Beth’s death, there may be hope on the horizon for Rick & Co. after they set out to find new sanctuary and run into a few familiar faces along the way.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'OITNB,' 'Walking Dead,' 'Blacklist,' and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS  Posted January 30 2015 — 10:17 AM EST

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/01/30/spoiler-room-scoop-oitnb-walking-dead-blacklist-and-more

Edited by tv echo

The Walking Dead - Episode 5.09 - What Happened and What's Going On - New Promo
Posted by Bradley Adams at Sunday, February 01, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/the-walking-dead-episode-509-what.html

5.10 "Them"
The group feels beaten after living life on the road, but must continue to trudge along in spite of the changes they have incurred.

5.11 "The Distance"
After withstanding a spectacular storm, Rick and the others meet what appears to be a friendly person, but find themselves mistrustful.

5.12 "Remember"
The group has a difficult time molding to a new lifestyle, forcing them to consider whether they can be the people they once were.

The Walking Dead - Episode 5.10 - Episode 5.12 - Titles Revealed + Synopsis
Posted by Nirat Anop at Saturday, January 31, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/the-walking-dead-episode-510-episode.html

Edited by tv echo

5.11 "The Distance"
After withstanding a spectacular storm, Rick and the others meet what appears to be a friendly person, but find themselves mistrustful.

A real storm?  As in weather?  I confess myself to be sort of excited to see that.  I know Z Nation beat them to the Zombinado, but seriously the weather has not affected them much at all besides needing a little campfire once in a while.  Bring on the opening of the heavens!

(Rick and the others meet what appears to be a friendly person, but find themselves mistrustful--  Now there's something we haven't seen before!)

• Love 2

Yeah, I think, from seeing the previews, that Carol is left behind with Carl and Judith (and probably Father Pee Pants and Eugene, lucky woman!).  I only remember seeing Rick, Daryl, Glenn (which probably means Maggie's there), Michonne, Ty (which probably means Sasha) and Noah.  The rest are probably somewhere somewhat safe (which means the actors got some time off for rest and relaxation).

• Love 2

I'm curious (but don't keep up with such things): Does anyone know where the actors and their contracts stand?  Seeing the new art for Season 5 that proclaims "The World's Gonna Need Rick Grime" seems like it's a lock that Rick won't get killed this season.  But shouldn't some of the actors be getting close to the end of their contracts?  I guess TPTB will be willing to throw lots of money at them, but that could decided who dies this season.

(I know, this subject may not be fun to talk about it, but it happens in the world of TV.)

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 1

‘Walking’ wounded: Latest twists 
will pain ‘Dead’ fans
Sunday, February 8, 2015 By:Mark Perigard
http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/television_reviews/2015/02/walking_wounded_latest_twists_will_pain_dead

Andrew Lincoln says the rest of The Walking Dead season is 'f---ing nuts'
BY DALTON ROSS • @@DALTONROSS  Posted February 6 2015 — 1:44 PM EST
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/06/andrew-lincoln-says-rest-walking-dead-season-f-ing-nuts

Rolling Stone posted that we would be seeing two familiar faces.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/5-things-to-know-for-walking-dead-season-5-2-premiere-20150206

From the article:

3. Get ready to see some familiar faces
Without spoiling anything, let's just say you should be ready to see some characters you thought you'd never see again.

There is some leaked footage of Tyrese and his hallucinations, along with two dead characters.  Looks like curtains for Ty in ep 5x9.  

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=aevfpd&s=8#.VNf1OOYgu2n

http://thespoilingdeadfans.tumblr.com/post/110653878272/tsdf-exclusive-spoilery-bits-for-ep-5-10-them

I hope the mention of Daryl having a cry for Beth, is actually him having a cry for EVERYONE they've lost in the last couple of months as well as Beth otherwise the shipping wars on tumblr will be EPIC and nasty.

I assume we're also going to get more info on the flashbacks Tyreese had that appeared as though they get overrun at some point, I suspect during Beth's burial or whatever.

Rick and the others meet what appears to be a friendly person, but find themselves mistrustful.

Hello, Aaron!

There's a video in a closed section of one of the spoiler boards that shows the group finding a supply of water along the road and a note that says, "From a friend."  There's debate whether it's safe or not, Eugene opens a bottle and tries to take a drink to test it.  Abe knocks the open bottle out of his hand.  

• Love 1

Hello, Aaron!

There's a video in a closed section of one of the spoiler boards that shows the group finding a supply of water along the road and a note that says, "From a friend."  There's debate whether it's safe or not, Eugene opens a bottle and tries to take a drink to test it.  Abe knocks the open bottle out of his hand.  

And the rest of the group thinks: "If only we'd known three weeks ago that Eugene would ingest something without checking first!  I wonder if Father Gabriel would eat a 'magic road cookie' if I offered him one?"

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

http://thespoilingdeadfans.tumblr.com/post/110653878272/tsdf-exclusive-spoilery-bits-for-ep-5-10-them

I hope the mention of Daryl having a cry for Beth, is actually him having a cry for EVERYONE they've lost in the last couple of months as well as Beth otherwise the shipping wars on tumblr will be EPIC and nasty.

There's been an update:

Some clarification on yesterday's posting about "Daryl crying over Beth". We posted that the exact way it was worded to us. After asking about the situation, it's said that he just breaks down.

"Daryl whilst on a hunt takes a break by a tree, lights up a cigarette and basically just breaks down. He's by himself. The camera then pans to a nice blue sky. He stumps his cigarette out after only smoking about a quarter of it and notices a barn off in the distance. This barn is where the group sleeps later that night."

For all we know he's whimpering about the last squirrel that got away.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 4

Robert Kirkman dropped a huge spoiler on the episode of @Midnight tonight that had a panel of 'The Walking Dead' folks -- Lauren Cohan (Maggie Green), Josh McDermit (Eugene) and Robert Kirkman.

In the final round, the challenge was to make up as many fake 'The Walking Dead' spoilers as they could in 60 seconds.

And one of Kirkman's responses was (paraphrasing here): "Glenn meets a character named Negan who beats him to death with a baseball ball named Lucille"

Which is basically what happened in the graphic novels -- but since these were fake spoilers they were supposed to be made up, I'm concluding that this means Glenn doesn't die at the hands of Negan on the TV show.  Which is great news, because I like Glenn.

• Love 4