Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

TSDF has a whole thread full o' spoilers for episode 15 where all this goes down.  I still think it's 50/50 on Daryl or Glen with the bat.

Just read all of this on their Facebook page. I'm disappointed. And not because Tara and/or Rosita are my favorite characters. IMO, it looked like they had been marked "expendable" by the writers this season since they had minimal screen time and nothing of any importance to add to the story. (Who will take care of Eugene now?)

However, there are way too many characters so someone has to go. But that begs this question: why did we get Tara in the first place? Sometimes I think that they try too hard to include all of the "big moments" from the graphic novels.

And what happens to Morgan? Is he still running around after his Wolf?

• Love 1

I skimmed the summaries on that fb page. It *sounds* like a lot happening, but I may just be happy that more than 24 hours passes in a half season.

I am super tired of Daryl the mope. He was a valued, helpful part of the group at the prison, so why does he descend again into self-hate (it seems to me) and guilt? I don't understand why they took this turn with him. Just like it made no sense to me why he was taking "valuables" at the golf course with Beth. No sense after a few episodes prior being an adapted, caring group member.

I think they've had so much "action" that there has been no time for character development. I know some got tired of the farm and standing around talking, but we haven't really checked in with these people in so long, we need to. THEY WERE ALMOST EATEN BY CANNIBALS for pete's sake.

Eta: I saw a picture that Lauren Cohan tweeted, and her hair looks short. With Jessie dead, what does it mean? Who cut her hair? :p

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 3

Yep. No time to reflect. I think a small part of the problem is that all the various writers have a certain amount of leeway of interpretation with these characters. One may write Michonne as a "weapon with a weapon," still somewhat closed off and struggling, whereas another writer previously had her grow close and open up tremendously to certain people, so there's inconsistencies in how the characterization develops, and precious little we get of that anyway. It's a shame. Maggie's short hair is assumed to be connected to the Hilltop (her going there, leadership of it, etc not sure if all that's happening in 6b though).

• Love 2

Maggie never got her comic prison haircut in the show. It reminded me of that. She's going to being doing some major toughening up if she follows the comics.

I'm a bit concerned about being split between two communities.

Eta: definitely agree about the different writers

Edited by mandolin

I am super tired of Daryl the mope. He was a valued, helpful part of the group at the prison, so why does he descend again into self-hate (it seems to me) and guilt? I don't understand why they took this turn with him. Just like it made no sense to me why he was taking "valuables" at the golf course with Beth. No sense after a few episodes prior being an adapted, caring group member.

I think they've had so much "action" that there has been no time for character development. I know some got tired of the farm and standing around talking, but we haven't really checked in with these people in so long, we need to. THEY WERE ALMOST EATEN BY CANNIBALS for pete's sake.

I wonder if they have a long-term plan for Daryl. Since he is an AMC creation and not part of the novels, it is hard to know what to expect. Emo Daryl with Greasy Hair currently adds nothing to the show. He hasn't had a story line since they escaped from Terminus. Wasted potential, IMO.

The writers have never found a balance between "standing around talking" and "let's kill all non-essential personnel." But Daryl doesn't even get to talk lately.

• Love 4

The show seems to think if they kill or pretend to kill people it makes the show better.  I don't need deaths, I want a good story.  Or some action.  I used to wait for the next episode wondering what will happen next?  How will they get out of that?  What would I do?  Now i'm bored and wondering why did they do that?  Mostly cause it is OOC and only done for a weak plot.   From what spoilers I've read that is what it seems they have planned for the second half.

Edited by SharonH58
  • Love 5

I just can't with the Anderson family, so I am looking forward to the MSP when Jessie, Ron and Sam are supposedly killed. Although I will also be happy if Sam survives somehow and Carol adopts him and bakes lots of cookies for him. I have a soft spot for Sam even though he is cowardly and annoying.

I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan will make a good Negan, but I'd rather they splurge on their budget and hire Javier Bardem instead for the part. Javier Bardem, specifically his character in "No Country for Old Men", will be a truly scary Negan.

Edited by Mattipoo

Tara's OK but she's way past her sell-by date, I think.  I don't ever see her moving beyond B-level player territory but due to her (surprising) longevity she makes a convenient character to kill off and elicit more than the ho-hum response the death of random redshirt #243 would.

• Love 1

Nashville!!!

They posted a screenshot from AB's Facebook page of her and Gimple out for dinner and everyone assumed it was a death dinner and then someone said "she lives" and that caused a shitstorm. I swear if they mutate Jessie into the new Andrea --it's a terrible idea so I could see them doing it. But honestly if some dude killed my husband and kids I don't think I'd consider him boyfriend material. But then again maybe that's love in the ZA... 6b at least sounds like we'll have more ensemble episodes, which I prefer, and less pointless standing around scenes. So that should be nice. I'm still debating Lucille's first date with CDB. I'm back to Glenn. I think Gimple is perverse enough to do it. He follows the GN more than other showrunners which is why Kirkman likes him. That SoA guy said Kirkman didn't know shit about writing for TV or running a show but somehow he's finagled it that he's running it through Gimple. DumpsterGate was a big mistake and brought them a lot of ill will from the GA. The lunatics are running the asylum. I don't trust these guys much anymore and that's another reason I've disengaged over the last few seasons. Oh well. It's still entertaining. One nice aspect is I don't agonize over the interminable breaks these days.

• Love 3

I swear if they mutate Jessie into the new Andrea --it's a terrible idea so I could see them doing it. ...

I'm still debating Lucille's first date with CDB. I'm back to Glenn. I think Gimple is perverse enough to do it. He follows the GN more than other showrunners which is why Kirkman likes him. ...  DumpsterGate was a big mistake and brought them a lot of ill will from the GA. .

What's "GA" and "GN"? (Is GN the graphic novel?)

They love to play tricks on both audiences - the comics readers and non-readers. If they were to mess with the comics readers by changing the comics scene to Jessie cutting off one son's hand after he's been bit to save the other son, that would be both the darkest thing I've seen on TV in years and would (for me) earn her a place next to Carol in the list of people who know the cost of living in the ZA. If they went there, then Jessie can be comics-Andrea or comics-Maggie, whichever she wants.

As for who gets Lucilled, I have no clue at this point. I do think Glenn would be a huge fail on their parts. The character's death is supposed to make you hate Negan. Glenn's death would just make everyone hate the showrunners for excessive bullshit. The hatred would still be their but it would be misdirected (for Show purposes that is)

Edited by rab01
  • Love 2

Will Maggie ever actually have a baby? We already know the perils of casting an Infant and the problems associated with that, and would the writers want to double all of that- I think not. So, with that in mind, either Maggie dies, loses the baby, or leaves the group to go someplace more suited for raising a family? They could do a "Morgan" with her and have her not be around for a season or so? Where that leaves Glenn- who knows. Maybe it is him that gets Lucille'ed, and that is the impetus for being Maggie wanting to go someplace new?

Will Maggie ever actually have a baby? We already know the perils of casting an Infant and the problems associated with that, and would the writers want to double all of that- I think not. So, with that in mind, either Maggie dies, loses the baby, or leaves the group to go someplace more suited for raising a family? They could do a "Morgan" with her and have her not be around for a season or so? Where that leaves Glenn- who knows. Maybe it is him that gets Lucille'ed, and that is the impetus for being Maggie wanting to go someplace new?

I'm sure Maggie still has her Hilltop story arc, so off she goes, baby or no.  I think THEY think they're being clever by half with the Glenn fake-out death, lulling comic readers into thinking he's acquired plot armor now, only to give him the full on comic treatment.  Blech.  Also think the perils of casting for Carl were worse than for Judith --- they've switched up that baby countless times and it doesn't matter really, whereas Carl is almost as tall as his Dad and it kind of takes away the idea of a little kid going through the ZA.  If he was younger and smaller like he was in the GN it would amp the horror factor exponentially but it's too bad they picked someone on the cusp of a huge growth spurt.  I dunno.

Also think the perils of casting for Carl were worse than for Judith --- they've switched up that baby countless times and it doesn't matter really, whereas Carl is almost as tall as his Dad and it kind of takes away the idea of a little kid going through the ZA.  If he was younger and smaller like he was in the GN it would amp the horror factor exponentially but it's too bad they picked someone on the cusp of a huge growth spurt.  I dunno.

Actually, I think that may have been an unexpected bonus for TPTB; "Actually Looks Like A Teenager" Carl probably appeals to a heckuva lot larger chunk of the show's target demographic than did "Stay In The House" Carl.

• Love 2

Well, Season One Carl was a little kid, but that is just what happens when you have a long running show with kids on them. Children/teenagers age exponentially fast. Lost had the same problem, but they decided to write Walt off the show. I'm also not sure how young they could have gone for Carl with the casting, since the content of the show is so adult, but then again, they have killed off little kids over and over again, so it might not be such a big problem. I don't like either KID-CARL or TEENAGE-CARL, but as a teenager he can at least contribute to the storyline in some way.

True.  I wonder if it would've been better to keep recasting Carl to keep him more in line with the comics (and to keep that hilarious but creepy panel with Negan: "Kid, I'm not going to lie to you --you scare the fucking shit out of me.") but too late now!

I mean, ok, they can still do that, but TV Negan won't be towering over TV Carl, so the visual impact is lost.

• Love 1

True.  I wonder if it would've been better to keep recasting Carl to keep him more in line with the comics (and to keep that hilarious but creepy panel with Negan: "Kid, I'm not going to lie to you --you scare the fucking shit out of me.") but too late now!

I mean, ok, they can still do that, but TV Negan won't be towering over TV Carl, so the visual impact is lost.

That panel is great and so was Negan's better parenting of Carl than Rick's parenting but the rest of it was so stupid that I really hope they ditch it. It bothered me so much that Negan had Rick's son as a perfect hostage and just gave him back, rather than training him up for a few years to be his lieutenant while Rick can do nothing. (I wasn't looking for that as a storyline in the comics but it's such the obvious play that I had to retcon Negan into being an idiot.)

• Love 1

From TVLine's Winter TV Preview: Returning Favorites...

THE WALKING DEAD
When we rejoin Rick & Co., we may be crying out for our mommies right along with Sam. Not only has Alexandria fallen, not only are the woods full of Wolves, but we’re about to meet the comic books' most infamous villain, Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan). "He’s not nuts," showrunner Scott M. Gimple recently told TVLine. "He just kills, and it doesn't bother him." Will Glenn be among his victims (as he is in the comics)? Gimple said only that the Big Bad's arrival "is not going to mean great stuff for Rick's group." Two more characters from Robert Kirkman's comic series make their first appearances in Season 6B: Gregory (24 vet Xander Berkeley), the lily-livered leader of the Hilltop Colony, and Jesus (Luck's Tom Payne), an upstanding Hilltop denizen. Besides Negan's reign of terror, expect to see mom-to-be Maggie fill the void left by Deanna's demise, plus the Morgan/Carol conflict could resolve in a (potentially) non-fatal way. "They have a lot more in common than it would seem," Kirkman hinted.
RETURN DATE: Sunday, Feb. 14, at 9/8c (AMC)

http://tvline.com/gallery/tv-spoilers-2016-season-premieres-photos/#!23/winter-preview-walking-dead/

• Love 2
Question: The Walking Dead returns in a week. A little tease or two, please? —Tonya

Ausiello: Not only does the midseason premiere boast what may be the series’ most intense montage ever, it also allows an extremely unlikely pair to step up and play hero.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Gilmore, Grey's, Arrow, Castle, Walking Dead, Good Wife, The Flash and More!

By Michael Ausiello / February 6 2016, 8:22 AM PST

http://tvline.com/2016/02/06/the-flash-griffin-grey-season-2-cast-spoilers-ask-ausiello/

Alicia Witt is joining the cast...

'The Walking Dead' Season 6 Casts 'Justified' Alum Alicia Witt

Christian Saclao Feb, 05, 2016, 10:11 PM

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/69770/20160205/the-walking-dead-season-6-casts-justified-alum-alicia-witt.htm

The Walking Dead - Season 6 - Alicia Witt joins cast
Posted by DarkUFO at Friday, February 05, 2016
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/the-walking-dead-season-6-alicia-witt.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Alicia Witt is joining the cast...

'The Walking Dead' Season 6 Casts 'Justified' Alum Alicia Witt

Christian Saclao Feb, 05, 2016, 10:11 PM

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/69770/20160205/the-walking-dead-season-6-casts-justified-alum-alicia-witt.htm

The Walking Dead - Season 6 - Alicia Witt joins cast

Posted by DarkUFO at Friday, February 05, 2016

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/the-walking-dead-season-6-alicia-witt.html

We were talking about this over in the Media thread a few days ago.  I mentioned that I follow Alicia on Facebook (because I am actually a fan of her Christmas movies, though I know she has been in the business for a long time and has done a lot of different things), and in the past she has indicated that she is a big fan of TWD.  Sometime in the last couple of months of last year (I don't recall exactly when), Alicia posted some random street/sightseeing photos from Georgia but didn't say why she was there.  At one point when she was back in L.A. she posted a photo showing she was bruised or scraped, and mentioned having "battle wounds" or "battle scars" or something like that.  The first thing that popped in my mind -- although I wasn't even really serious -- was "Maybe she got a job on The Walking Dead."  I assumed that TWD had wrapped filming for the year by that time, so I didn't really think twice about it.

Alicia then started working on the ABC series Nashville, which she has been filming for several weeks.  So I then assumed that she was firmly attached to Nashville now, and promptly forgot all about my initial suspicion of Alicia getting a role on TWD... until she announced her TWD gig last week.  So I don't know if she is going to be juggling Nashville and TWD at the same time, or if the timing will work out to where TWD begins filming when Nashville wraps up.  As we all know, in TWD universe, some characters may not last more than one season anyway -- so, depending on what kind of role Alicia is playing, she may not be there too long.

Asking here because it may be a spoiler.  Drove around the Alexandria set today and I could see  over the wall several houses had been burned.  Has this already happened or is this something that is coming up?  Honestly can't remember houses burning, just a walker over the wall ablaze. 

I will take anything The Walking Dead. Please, pretty please. — Hartley

Here’s a fair warning: The nail-biting tension you felt watching the first four minutes of the episode continues all the way through. There are at least two literal explosive moments, with a third gasp-inducing sequence that will probably leave you reeling and wondering how Rick can possibly stay sane. Fortunately, Daryl comes up big when you least expect it.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, Blindspot and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS February 12 2016 — 3:03 PM EST

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/12/spoiler-room-big-bang-theory-walking-dead-blindspot-spoilers

Edited by tv echo

This article recaps (unconfirmed) major spoilers about tonight's episode that were posted by The Spoiling Dead Fans...

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 6 SPOILERS: Leaked Midseason Premiere Details
Warning: The following contains major spoilers for AMC's "The Walking Dead."
By Brandon Katz | Feb 12, 2016 01:19 PM EST
http://www.hngn.com/articles/178622/20160212/walking-dead-season-6-spoilers-leaked-midseason-premiere-details.htm

It would have been bad to run into Negan anyway, just on a regular day.  But I am going to assume that Negan will somehow know or find out about what Daryl does/did (in tonight's episode) and single him out for a special brand of payback in the season finale??

Edited by Sherry67

This article recaps (unconfirmed) major spoilers about tonight's episode that were posted by The Spoiling Dead Fans...

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 6 SPOILERS: Leaked Midseason Premiere Details

Warning: The following contains major spoilers for AMC's "The Walking Dead."

By Brandon Katz | Feb 12, 2016 01:19 PM EST

http://www.hngn.com/articles/178622/20160212/walking-dead-season-6-spoilers-leaked-midseason-premiere-details.htm

Man, I just read that spoiler. Tonight will fulfill a lot of things many have been hoping for. This will be a great episode to come back with. 

The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus says to get ready for a 'super pissed off' Daryl
BY DALTON ROSS February 12 2016 — 12:44 PM EST
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/12/walking-dead-norman-reedus-daryl-dixon-premiere

Next On: Episode 610: The Walking Dead: The Next World
Published on Feb 14, 2016, by amc

Sneak Peek: Episode 610: The Walking Dead: The Next World
Published on Feb 14, 2016, by amc

The Walking Dead 6x10 Sneak Peek #2 Season 6 Episode 10 "The Next World"
Published on Feb 14, 2016, by The Walking Dead And More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx5N-jBT2vI

Edited by tv echo

I know. I was so happy to just see Glenn and Daryl interact for a few seconds in the MSP. It would be nice if we get to have an episode or two with everybody together before they split up again (and not just a few seconds of them standing on a porch together)...but at least they had the good sense to give Rick and Daryl some "bro" time for 6x10.

I just realized that TV Morgan just passed the point of his death in the comics, since Comic Morgan receives a wound during the herd invasion and dies of it before Carl is shot. He has joined the company of other TV characters who outlived the comic book versions of their characters, like Carol and Tyreese. There's been talk that Lennie James will not want to stick around past this season, so it might be a Tyreese situation where the character has received only a short temporary reprieve.

• Love 4

I have only been spoiling myself on this show for a few months (sigh), but can this be accurate? From The Spoiling Dead Fans facebook page:

TSDF OFFICIAL: Episode 610 - The Next World Spoilery Bits
-The best part of waking up is spoilers in your cup! Thank you, Daydream Machine!
- There's a time jump, Carl is fine, it's quiet and peaceful in Alexandria, people are cleaning up and rebuilding.
The main plot revolves around Rick and Daryl who are on a supply run. They meet Jesus who tricks them and steals their truck full of supplies. They catch up with him but the truck ends up sinking into a lake unintentionally. It's all quite fun, especially the banter between Daryl and Jesus. They take Jesus with them to Alexandria as a captive but he shows up in Rick's bedroom at the end of the episode, telling him they need to talk.
- There's a subplot with Michonne and Spencer as well as Carl and Enid roaming through the woods. Not much happens during the Carl and Enid part. They find a walker Carl doesn't want to kill, but it isn't revealed who it is. Later, Michonne and Spencer find the same walker - lured into their direction by Carl - and it turns out to be a zombified Deanna. Spencer kills her and finds closure.
- By the end of the episode, Rick and Michonne have sex, just like that. They hold hands, make out and then have sex and when Jesus arrives in Rick's bedroom they're naked in bed together.
- Denise mentions that Tara and Heath are about to go on a 2 week supply run which makes me think they will be captured by Negan and Tara will be toast soon.
That's it, basically. It's a fun little episode, but as I said, not very eventful, just some table setting.

• Love 1

YASSS Richonne! I guess Michonne has officially assumed what would have been Andrea's role as Rick's love interest had she lived, since Rick/Andrea is a thing in the comics (and Comic Michonne is not attracted to white guys). A little more buildup would have been nice, though.

Noooo, Tara! (Unless they kill Heath instead, and they had better fucking not.)

It's all quite fun, especially the banter between Daryl and Jesus.

SHIPPING IT. Get it, Daryl. (Jesus is gay in the comics.)

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 4

Ugh....I can't believe they are going to do the Richonne thing.  It's like waiting for my favorite character to be assassinated because we all know by now these writers cannot do relationships, and the women are the causalities.  It makes me sick what will happen to Michonne's character.  Glorified babysitter and Rick supporter here we come!

• Love 2

Ugh....I can't believe they are going to do the Richonne thing.  It's like waiting for my favorite character to be assassinated because we all know by now these writers cannot do relationships, and the women are the causalities.  It makes me sick what will happen to Michonne's character.  Glorified babysitter and Rick supporter here we come!

My hope is that, since this relationship appears to be taking over ComicAndrea's role, the writers will follow that storyline. It's pretty well done, all things considered. ComicAndrea doesn't become the things we fear for Michonne. She also stands up to him when necessary, but they do complement each other. LISTEN WRITERS: in this case, follow the comics! Don't Grady us.

• Love 1

My hope is that, since this relationship appears to be taking over ComicAndrea's role, the writers will follow that storyline. It's pretty well done, all things considered. ComicAndrea doesn't become the things we fear for Michonne. She also stands up to him when necessary, but they do complement each other. LISTEN WRITERS: in this case, follow the comics! Don't Grady us.

Comic Michonne is a staunch Rick supporter and has a deep if platonic love for him. They care about each other a great deal, to the point where some have speculated that Comic Michonne and Comic Rick, despite Comic Michonne's lack of interest in white guys, might eventually be a thing as well.

I agree that if the Rick/Michonne storyline hits the Comic Rick/Andrea beats, it will be fine. Kirkman sucks at writing romantic relationships, but Comic Rick/Andrea is not too terrible.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Yes, she is. And they just had a nice reunion of sorts. 

More thoughts about the time jump: the show hasn't been utilizing them very well. Time jump, crazy action for a season which equals 2 days of show time, time jump, repeat. Let's see things calm for at least one episode.

I just realized that TV Morgan just passed the point of his death in the comics, since Comic Morgan receives a wound during the herd invasion and dies of it before Carl is shot. He has joined the company of other TV characters who outlived the comic book versions of their characters, like Carol and Tyreese. There's been talk that Lennie James will not want to stick around past this season, so it might be a Tyreese situation where the character has received only a short temporary reprieve.

My bet?

Morgan takes Glenn's place in terms of meeting Lucille.

ETA: Spoiler tags added.

It's a comic spoiler, not a show spoiler.

Kinda both, actually.

But this thread is for show spoilers, so I'm playing it safe.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 4

My bet?

Morgan takes Glenn's place in terms of meeting Lucille.

ETA: Spoiler tags added.

It's a comic spoiler, not a show spoiler.

Kinda both, actually.

But this thread is for show spoilers, so I'm playing it safe.

My money is on that too Nashville...

I hope I'm wrong, but no matter how well a story is written in the comic they screw up the romantic stuff every time on the show.  I just think Michonne deserves way better than Rick.

• Love 1

What the... ? 

I was reading the above episode rundown posted by mandolin, and I was thinking (about the upcoming events on the next episode) "Okay... boring... boring... not that interesting... whatever..." 

And then I got to the Rick and Michonne part!!  I almost fell over.  Where did that come from?  Is that a dream sequence?  I mean, don't get me wrong -- I really have no problems with a Richonne thing happening and would kinda dig it, but it seemed so out of the blue based on the way things had been going.  I was even beginning to expect a Carol-Morgan hookup before Richonne!

What happened?  Did Rick finally remember that he was a sexual being after meeting Jessie?  Did Michonne feel bad for him that his new romance was extinguished faster than it began and decide to give him some relief?  I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1