Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Tosia said:

Why isn't INTELLIGENT conversation or sane discussion of  discordant views recognized as sparks for thoughtful consideration?  I abhor the Real Housewives acrimonious standard of what makes must-see TV. 

Agree!!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Same!  I'm pretty good with accents and picking out where people are from, nothing that comes out of her mouth sounds like she's from Italy. 

Someone at some point will speak Italian to her so she must be telling the truth.  Too big a risk to take, yet I agree she sounded more eastern block. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3

I wish they would finish the damn topics that they post on the right hand side.  They blather on about some boring sh*t, and never get to the good stuff.  Don’t post “coming up” if they aren’t going to bother - sometimes it’s 3 or 4 that they don’t get to.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Now  that Stormy Daniels is divorcing,  how long do you think its going to be before she and Michael Avanati tie the knot????

I can see it now. A picture of a sealed envelope and Avanati saying he has stunning new information to reveal. But he can't reveal it just yet. Stay tuned. Will it be about his alleged presidential run ? Will he finally say what's on the probably empty DVD ? The suspense will be unbearable !!!

• Love 4

I agree with everyone about this season...the chemistry isn’t there. Whoopi is only on the show for a paycheck, Joy looks miserable and has no one to play off of (no Mere, Star, Paula, Sarah, Lis) and Sunny honestly seems like she’s worried her job is on the line. And Abby is trying to fit in but doesn’t seem genuine. No one has each other’s back, no commrodary. MM will make it worse.

I don’t want them to go back to fluffy topics, that’s a nightmare and not true to our climate. They just need panelists that can do both. Right now they don’t have that.

also if they were so hell bent on having two conservatives, Jed truly got effed over no reason. Jed wouldn’t have been afraid to call Whoopi or MM on her BS and had great banter with Joy and Sunny. And she was always happy to be there. 

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 18
23 minutes ago, Wings said:

I didn't watch today.  Why is Stormy of any interest to anyone?  She fucked Trump.  Okay, many did.  So what.  Let's move on. 

The only reason I can see why Stormy is still relevant is because of the many lies Trump said about HER, their relationship, the payoff and the NDA. If he hadn't lied about ANY OF THAT she would be a non-issue.  But, I  still believe that his base supporters still don't care. If you dont stand for something,  you'll fall for anything. 

• Love 18
On 9/10/2018 at 6:33 AM, OnTime said:

Omarosa's book sales are tanking. Why are they even having her on?

Maybe it was already scheduled but she is a waste of time.

It's Number nine on the NY Times Best Seller List, and it was higher than that last week.  I think it was number one at least once.

• Love 6

I do have a question about something that Joy mentioned today, and I wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic or not.

When talking about Louis C.K. and his comeback, she mentioned that he played at a comedy club, but her problem with that was that he didn't talk about what he did to those women, and I think she said, I wanted to see him joke about that, but that he didn't mention it.

Was she being sarcastic, or does Joy really want Louis C.K. to try and incorporate the accusations against him, into his comedy routine. Cause, I just think that would be in really poor taste to victimize people, and then put it into a comedy routine.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound stupid, but I really wasn't sure if she was being serious or not about it. What do you guys think?

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

I do have a question about something that Joy mentioned today, and I wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic or not.

When talking about Louis C.K. and his comeback, she mentioned that he played at a comedy club, but her problem with that was that he didn't talk about what he did to those women, and I think she said, I wanted to see him joke about that, but that he didn't mention it.

Was she being sarcastic, or does Joy really want Louis C.K. to try and incorporate the accusations against him, into his comedy routine. Cause, I just think that would be in really poor taste to victimize people, and then put it into a comedy routine.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound stupid, but I really wasn't sure if she was being serious or not about it. What do you guys think?

I assumed that she meant in a self-deprecating way, not in making fun of the victims.

53 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I like both Stormy and Avenatti. They seem to be telling the truth, they're both balls-out personalities, and if the Trump presidency folds, I think it will be in large part due to having the two of them twist the lock on Pandora's box of lies and unsavory revelations.

Abby seems very PC, afraid of having a bold opinion, and that cannot be said about Stormy and her aggressive attorney. They are my kind of people!

I wholeheartedly agree.  I like Stormy very much.  She does a great job no matter what is thrown her way.  She is smart, funny and engaging.  And pretty straightforward.  Avenatti definitely has an ego but he too is smart, and knows what he is doing.  And after the dud this panel has been since they have returned, it was more entertaining than listening to the gals stumble their way through hot topics.

• Love 21

I can't with Abby. Every response she gives sounds as though she's on a pageant stage. The way she was trying to defend the hurricane response in Puerto Rico today (ie. 45's recent comments are due to him not being there since it first happened, etc.) made me want to smack her. You could tell Sunny was ready to snap but didn't let go because of how new she is. 

• Love 21
On 9/11/2018 at 3:27 PM, rickhurst3186 said:

THANK YOU for saying this!!! I  feel the same way. I didn't want to say it because I didn't want to be called out on Italian dialects. I think she is about as Italian as Chef Boyardee!

He mentioned that her family is from Napoli. There is nothing about her accent that is Napolitano. Something isn't right. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Marigny said:

He mentioned that her family is from Napoli. There is nothing about her accent that is Napolitano. Something isn't right. 

But didn't she say that she was investigated by Mueller? I may have misheard her (with the Russian accent and all). 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Marigny said:

11 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

But didn't she say that she was investigated by Mueller? I may have misheard her (with the Russian accent and all). 

She is like a badly written/cast character in a direct to video film.  Like they meant to cast Sophia Loren and ended up with Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

• Love 15

Each  day this week, I waited  for Meghan to return. When my father died, I was given three days off to "grieve." Those three days were filled with grief and all the work it took to planning his funeral, choosing his casket, and spending a lot of time on "mechanics" with very little time to think of anything else.

I wonder if Meghan even begins to understand how different it is on her job. Taking an abundant time off to grieve and mourn. I think it would be really relevant if she were to come back to the show and speak on that exact topic. I wonder if she realizes that her ability to take so much time off does not reflect a large percentage of our  country's people. I would love to see that addressed.

Edited by maryis1
additional info
  • Love 18

Sunny definitely owned that topic. If Meghan was there, I don't think we'd be able to see Sunny shine like this....which means that Abby is still better.

I'll see myself out now.

Also, are hot topics only two segments now? Last season they gave guests only five minutes, so I guess they wanted to change that, but it feels like the ladies discuss only two topics and then nothing.

• Love 12

Norm McDonald is always a bad interview.  Whoopie and Joy were working hard to try to dig him out of the hole he got himself in.

When my parents died, my brothers and I all returned to work between their deaths and their funerals because we needed to.  We cleaned out their house on weekends, because, well, real life.  I must say that Meghan's prolonged absence is making me forget all about her.  It's going to be shocking when she returns.

• Love 13

The Hyde amendment precludes federal dollars from funding abortions. I wish somebody would have said that to Sunny and Abby when they were trying to push that false narrative about Planned parenthood. 

The doctor was poised and impressive. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The Hyde amendment precludes federal dollars from funding abortions. I wish somebody would have said that to Sunny and Abby when they were trying to push that narrative about Planned parenthood. 

It wouldn't have mattered.  People who are adamantly anti-choice simply refuse to believe that.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny is usually wearing her lawyer hat and listing her credentials until the topic of abortion comes up.  Then her religion overrules any legal aspects of the subject.  Sunny- abortion is legal.  Accept it.

Thank you, her religiosity overrides all reason and logic. The sad part is that there are many people like her around the world.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

Meghan’s time off does not concern me.  If she is given the time, so be it.  Why would anyone begrudge?

I agree, and I can't stand Meghan (particularly on The View).

I don't get any paid bereavement days (not even for immediate family), but I don't begrudge those who do. I don't know the particulars of Meghan's contract, or if this means she'll lose other paid time off, or anything.

I also wouldn't want to see anyone (even someone I like) back hosting a daytime talk show when they're not ready. It would feel cruel to watch, but it would also be not good TV. 

• Love 6